Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Opine said:

What a description to live with!!!  LMAO

Didn't Kelli say she looked like burnt toast?  Cause Kelli's descriptions are usually food related.  Burnt toast, crispy bacon, noodle-y - I know there are others:)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't Kelli say she looked like burnt toast?  Cause Kelli's descriptions are usually food related.  Burnt toast, crispy bacon, noodle-y - I know there are others:)

Not food related but I always liked when she called Lacey Minchew "plastic and mannequin like".

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Ugh, I just literally just saw the chewy bacon comment again. It's so cringe, I cringe every time. She was trying so hard to be funny but it fell flat and sounded dumb. There are a billion ways to describe how someone's dancing; you don't need to resort to using bacon as a metaphor. Please stop. 

And the Kaitlin who got the little feet and knees comment was not LeGrand, it was LaRae...lmao

That way Kelsey was trying to process what Kelli meant with that bacon comparison in the short interview afterwards! She literally munched over the chewy bacon and said she'll be more like crispy bacon next time. I kinda feel she desperately tried to respond seriously but I'm sure she thought something like "wtf??" (sorry for the language guys)

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, LilyDutch said:

That way Kelsey was trying to process what Kelli meant with that bacon comparison in the short interview afterwards! She literally munched over the chewy bacon and said she'll be more like crispy bacon next time. I kinda feel she desperately tried to respond seriously but I'm sure she thought something like "wtf??" (sorry for the language guys)

What about Season 6 when she was trying to be cute and announce they had all made the squad?  That didn't go over very well

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LilyDutch said:

She looked like she was trying not to crack up laughing.  I loved it.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Was Kaitlyn also the one who was "orange as Texas mud?" Or was that someone else?

• Love 1
On 12/21/2020 at 11:51 PM, 88Keys said:

She looked like she was trying not to crack up laughing.  I loved it.

Ha I’m watching this episode; Kelsey really has a wonderful quality of making it clear she see’s the Bullsh** involved without getting snarky.   She’s one of the few people I’ve seen who I think are truly confident - kudos to her parents.

If they really wanted to level the playing field they’d give all the girls a DVD with the routines.   Why make it about short term memory?  

Oh and Amy should have made it.  Still get angry every time I watch this.  Does anyone know what happened to her.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, AnotherSadLove said:

Ummmm...who dis?!?

777-AF7-E8-CF01-4-DE0-9-DA1-7444-A5-BD82

I want to say that this is Sintia.  She was supposedly an amazing dancer and ambassador who was said to be a lock for the team (due to her dancing and the like), but she got arrested during Training Camp for, I think, assault and was charged.  They dropped her as soon as they were notified and they tried to bury her as much as possible during that Camp.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I want to say that this is Sintia.  She was supposedly an amazing dancer and ambassador who was said to be a lock for the team (due to her dancing and the like), but she got arrested during Training Camp for, I think, assault and was charged.  They dropped her as soon as they were notified and they tried to bury her as much as possible during that Camp.

WHAT?!? Wow. 

The worse team announcement was definitely 2010

The girls were full dresses for the squad photo. I mean come on. 

The best was the year before 2009 when she said her page was blank and she had no names to call into the office. The rookies reaction was near emotional. They were so nervous and stressed. Their collective gasp and tears was moving. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, AnotherSadLove said:

The worse team announcement was definitely 2010

The girls were full dresses for the squad photo. I mean come on. 

The best was the year before 2009 when she said her page was blank and she had no names to call into the office. The rookies reaction was near emotional. They were so nervous and stressed. Their collective gasp and tears was moving. 

I agree. Loved season 4's team announcement. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I just read somewhere on here that s12 Taryn was in her early 30s during TC, is that true? Obviously I can't find her age anywhere...that's really shocking to me lol

This is from her IG. It's from 130 weeks ago (you do the math LOL).   https://www.instagram.com/p/BkbszPXnFUA/

EDITED: Found her on MyLife and if that's her (from North Richland Hills, TX) she's 32.   

Edited by MrsEVH
On 12/24/2020 at 10:37 PM, EricaShadows said:

She was never called out/into the office so it was probably easy to sweep it under the rug. She was on the 2015-16 Austin Capitol City dancers for 1 season.  https://www.instagram.com/p/6WD0TyKyM5/

• Useful 3

Season 9 on right now   Christina’s face just bothers me   And if kitty had problems with Erica’s hair , she must have not seen Christina’s hair      And Vivian.  Good grief.  Digging the hole deeper.  If you see talking your way out is not gonna happen , stop talking   Injury at the start of training camp and five weeks in you only went to bar method 3 times ???

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dariafan said:

Season 9 on right now   Christina’s face just bothers me   And if kitty had problems with Erica’s hair , she must have not seen Christina’s hair      And Vivian.  Good grief.  Digging the hole deeper.  If you see talking your way out is not gonna happen , stop talking   Injury at the start of training camp and five weeks in you only went to bar method 3 times ???

Lol Vivian was lying her lil tail off. She knew saying she was injured would get her out of being judged closely for kicks and jump splits. 

As soon as Kelly hit her with the “if you need to pull out of the jump splits then you need to pull out of training camp”, she was magically healed. 

• Love 9

Season 8 panel interviews.  Terri got on kelli’s bad side quick. And Kelli called her whiny.  I asked ( some how I have never caught her saying that in the many rewatches I do) did you not hear her all last year ????  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Anyone interested in former DCC finalist Shannon I found her social media accounts. She wasn't chosen for TC but went on to dance for the Cleveland Cavs dancers for 1 year.

FB https:/www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25815491&sk=photos

IG https://www.instagram.com/shannon.muto/

She was such a big miss!  Makeover day would have been perfection and she had an awesome personality.  Her and Seattle Miranda make me so sad for the missed opportunity.  But also yay they avoided the shit show?

• Love 9
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

She was such a big miss!  Makeover day would have been perfection and she had an awesome personality.  Her and Seattle Miranda make me so sad for the missed opportunity.  But also yay they avoided the shit show?

Seattle Miranda would have been such a good addition to the squad 

• Love 8
On 1/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, MrsEVH said:

Anyone interested in former DCC finalist Shannon I found her social media accounts. She wasn't chosen for TC but went on to dance for the Cleveland Cavs dancers for 1 year.

FB https:/www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=25815491&sk=photos

IG https://www.instagram.com/shannon.muto/

I LOVED shannon. she's so pretty and she seems so sweet on insta

i hated how they called her 'meth face' and said she didn't have the lookor whatever. her eyes a little close together but the way they talked about her you'd think she was some short, chunky, frizzy redhead. a tall blonde, the horror!

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

i hated how they called her 'meth face' and said she didn't have the lookor whatever. her eyes a little close together but the way they talked about her you'd think she was some short, chunky, frizzy redhead. a tall blonde, the horror!

She looked pretty good when she was on the Cavs Dancers.

cavs-shannon-marie.jpg

• Love 6
12 hours ago, vanillagum said:

I don’t think they said ‘meth face,’ I believe they called her makeup ‘muddy’. As though she was wearing the wrong color and formula of foundation for her skin tone. 

Edit to add: unless they did say that I just completely missed it every time. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Additional comment
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I don’t think they said ‘meth face,’ I believe they called her makeup ‘muddy’. As though she was wearing the wrong color and formula of foundation for her skin tone. 

Omg, “meth face” was stuck in my head because I saw it in a comment here about her from when the show was airing. “Shannon from Pittsburgh has meth face and that can’t be fixed,” or something like that. I just found the comment to confirm lmao. So I don’t think they said that, but they kept saying she didn’t have the DCC look like she was ugly or something—maybe her makeup was muddy but that’s a beyond easy fix. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I don't recall Shannon being called "meth face" but in season 4 Kelli called Megan Martinez's makeup "muddy".

• Love 1
7 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

People on other boards called her meth face 😦.  I just thought she needed a hair cut  and some products advise 

Wow.  WOW.  Maybe I've been exposed to southern Missouri too long (one of the meth capitals of the country) but she for sure doesn't have meth face.  WOW.

I think she's so pretty, just needed some product advice.  And isn't that what makeover day is for?  Sheesh!!  I swear, people outside of the Dallas bubble who haven't done ten salon consultations have such a little chance of making it.  They miss out on so many gems.  Kelli could have been patting herself on the back a million times over like she used to do in the early days of MTT.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Omg, “meth face” was stuck in my head because I saw it in a comment here about her from when the show was airing. “Shannon from Pittsburgh has meth face and that can’t be fixed,” or something like that. I just found the comment to confirm lmao. So I don’t think they said that, but they kept saying she didn’t have the DCC look like she was ugly or something—maybe her makeup was muddy but that’s a beyond easy fix. 

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

People on other boards called her meth face 😦.  I just thought she needed a hair cut  and some products advise 

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

Wow.  WOW.  Maybe I've been exposed to southern Missouri too long (one of the meth capitals of the country) but she for sure doesn't have meth face.  WOW.

I think she's so pretty, just needed some product advice.  And isn't that what makeover day is for?  Sheesh!!  I swear, people outside of the Dallas bubble who haven't done ten salon consultations have such a little chance of making it.  They miss out on so many gems.  Kelli could have been patting herself on the back a million times over like she used to do in the early days of MTT.

Ah ok. 😆 I thought it was something the judges said. I mean, despite their constant inappropriate comments and eye rolls, I didn’t think the judges would go so far to say that someone had “meth face.” (Although based on recent insider reveals, it seems that what we actually see on the show is the sanitized version of what they actually say).  

Yeah due to my job, I routinely come in contact with individuals addicted to methamphetamines. That someone would even say that about Shannon reveals their immaturity. It’s like kindergarteners calling someone they don’t like a doody head because they can’t think of anything more intelligent.  

Shannon was far more beautiful than some of the girls DCC has taken on the squad. And at least she went to dance for a team that actually had a post-season 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Kitty asked her if she used a product in her hair.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Kitty asked her if she used a product in her hair.

That's Kitty's favorite question I think!  Makes me giggle.  Flat hair is such an easy fix!  Especially in the wild world of extensions, goodness.

Was Brenda talking about Shannon when she was referring to "all of this was not working for her..but I think it can be fixed!"  I could be mixing my drinks, but I 100% agree.  I don't think her hair and makeup were doing all they could be doing, but I also felt it was very fixable!  I mean goodness, I've gone my entire life without having professional makeup done.  And I'm from the south!  (To be fair, I did have amazing costume makeup done two years ago for a themed wedding reception...but I mean the seemingly everyday practice these days of having makeup professionally done for everything.)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

That's Kitty's favorite question I think!  Makes me giggle.  Flat hair is such an easy fix!  Especially in the wild world of extensions, goodness.

Was Brenda talking about Shannon when she was referring to "all of this was not working for her..but I think it can be fixed!"  I could be mixing my drinks, but I 100% agree.  I don't think her hair and makeup were doing all they could be doing, but I also felt it was very fixable!  I mean goodness, I've gone my entire life without having professional makeup done.  And I'm from the south!  (To be fair, I did have amazing costume makeup done two years ago for a themed wedding reception...but I mean the seemingly everyday practice these days of having makeup professionally done for everything.)

Exactly! 😂 They can be so pearl-clutchy about the weirdest things. It’s as though if a girl didn’t start at birth, it IMPOSSIBLE change it now. Watching this show and not being from the south, I can almost believe that Texas/Arkansas/Louisiana debutantes get their first hair extensions as a parting gift from their OBGYNs. *Congratulations! You’ve had a little girl! Here is a bottle of spray tan and her tie ins! Can’t have the neighbors thinking you birthed a pale, limp-haired baby!! Plus a gift certificate for a nose job and veneers for when she turns 16! Isn’t she precious!*  

Edited to this caveat: I’m sorry if I offended anyone from Texas/Arkansas/Louisiana! I promise that wasn’t my intention! I was just using that geographic area as an example. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Caveat
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Exactly! 😂 They can be so pearl-clutchy about the weirdest things. It’s as though if a girl didn’t start at birth, it IMPOSSIBLE change it now. Watching this show and not being from the south, I can almost believe that Texas/Arkansas/Louisiana debutantes get their first hair extensions as a parting gift from their OBGYNs. *Congratulations! You’ve had a little girl! Here is a bottle of spray tan and her tie ins! Can’t have the neighbors thinking you birthed a pale, limp-haired baby!! Plus a gift certificate for a nose job and veneers for when she turns 16! Isn’t she precious!* 

This is a really good point (and makes me so thankful that I grew up with hippie parents in rural Missouri). I think the DCC have officially put to bed this idea of wanting the “girl next door.” I’m sure things are different in Dallas, but I’ve lived a lot of places in my life and have yet to see someone living next door that reminds me of this new crop of DCC. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 10
19 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Edited to this caveat: I’m sorry if I offended anyone from Texas/Arkansas/Louisiana! I promise that wasn’t my intention! I was just using that geographic area as an example. 

What can be really ridiculous in the south is the bows moms use in girls' hair.  I mean some of them are so big I don't know how the kid holds her head up.  And the bows get bigger as the girl grows!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I almost feel sorry for them, having to constantly be in full make up and nice clothes every time they go out.  I mean, imagine being Janelle and having to take a 16-hour flight back to Australia in a dress and heels.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I almost feel sorry for them, having to constantly be in full make up and nice clothes every time they go out.  I mean, imagine being Janelle and having to take a 16-hour flight back to Australia in a dress and heels.

Kelli got on a TCC  in season 2 for coming to uniform fitting in her regular clothes and no makeup. 

• Love 1