Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TB12 said:

I was watching Colby's season the other day while working, it pisses me off every time the way Kelli treated her, its like she legit didn't like her I attribute it to Colby prob reminded Kelli of someone in her life that she didn't like bc she truly seemed like a doll to me. It was infuriating the puss on Kelli's face with such disgust. And i couldn't wait to see Colby have her "breakthrough moment" she was just so sweet and pretty and her figure, wow! 

Isn't she still friends with some of the women from the squad? I thought I'd seen her on Kat and Jessica M's Instagram posts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

It wasn't fake. She lived there for 10 years and picked it up. It's the same as someone from Cali moving to NYC for a decade, their accent will change. 

I'm a born California girl, but my roots are Deep South...so I grew up around that accent. When I'm in the South for more than a week I sound like I just rode in on the turnip truck this morning...takes weeks to go away...I don't mind it at all...my kids think it's hysterical.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ByTor said:

That picture absolutely amazes me, comparing where their hips are you'd think Savannah would be MUCH taller than Tara, yet they are the same.

As lovely as Tara seems, I was surprised she made the squad the first year. Short legs and while I like a sporty cute vibe just fine, Kelli doesn’t always. Especially if they don’t kill it in every other way. Both her and Savannah were story line picks that worked out okay IMO. I’m surprised how long Savvy has made it through, but she’s still a decent dancer and so pretty. I was sad for Tara that she got cut, especially since she was a locker room favorite, but she wasn’t serving her best at the calendar shoot or camp. 

3 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

I'm a born California girl, but my roots are Deep South...so I grew up around that accent. When I'm in the South for more than a week I sound like I just rode in on the turnip truck this morning...takes weeks to go away...I don't mind it at all...my kids think it's hysterical.

I was born in Virginia and moved to KC in high school...I was ridiculed for my accent so hard I busted my ass to get rid of it. All these years later, I’m generally accent free but a cocktail and/or back in the south it comes right on back. Lol. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

It wasn't fake. She lived there for 10 years and picked it up. It's the same as someone from Cali moving to NYC for a decade, their accent will change. 

Funny how I have friends from England who have lived in Oklahoma for 25 years and still have their English accents and haven't picked up any form of southern accent. Funny how Angela and Jinelle didn't lose their Australian accents after living here for years. You have to want to lose your accent. And by the way, I grew up in Oklahoma, lived in California for years, Nashville, TN, and a small town in east Texas (for 20 years) and never picked up any of their accents. And the east Texas accent is a doozy. Maybe I didn't pick up the southern accent because I didn't grow up with it and didn't want it. On the other hand, we Americans love English and Australian accents, so we might try a little harder to "develop" that accent. I also had a roommate who grew up in a small town in Oklahoma and moved to New York for 6 months - came back with a fake accent and calling her purse and pocket book. As for her being in London for 10 years - how do you know? I've seen that she hadn't been performing for 10 years and that she had lived in London. That does not mean she was there for 10 years. She may have been working here for 9 years before moving to London. I also know her small town in Texas very well. I had to drive through it when I lived in east Texas when I went back and forth to Oklahoma. She's proud of moving to London, because most of the people I met while living in small towns in east Texas have never left their towns. Not even for vacations. I lived around people who thought they had been to the mountains because they had been to Arkansas and thought IHOP was the best restaurant on the planet because they left the coffee pot on the table (they also had to drive 50 miles one way to get to one). Imagine growing up in a town like that and dreaming of getting out. Of course when you come back, you want to show how much better you are - just like my roommate. Also interesting how Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne can live in the U.S. for DECADES and not lose their accents - I can keep going.

Edited by fozzen

When I first moved to Denver from Chicago, everyone teased me about my Chicago accent. I now have "western drawl" as someone pointed out to me. To get back on the subject matter, I liked Colby and hated the way she was treated.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

When I first moved to Denver from Chicago, everyone teased me about my Chicago accent. I now have "western drawl" as someone pointed out to me. To get back on the subject matter, I liked Colby and hated the way she was treated.

So in other words, you had a motivation to lose your accent. As for Colby, she annoyed the hell out of me. The accent, the plastic surgery, the really bad dancing. They shouldn't have let her get past prelims. I mute the show when she's on. Her fakeness is really that annoying to me. Colby,Vivian and Ashley Paige top my list as THE most annoying TCC's.

Edited by fozzen
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, fozzen said:

They shouldn't have let her get past prelims.

That's what I don't get. Clearly Kelli didn't like her. Same with Whitney (Whitney who ended up with the Miami Dolphins)...Kelli told her in her TC cut the prior year that she should go after a different dream, then the following year she was cut at semi-finals. Again, why take her past prelims?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

That's what I don't get. Clearly Kelli didn't like her. Same with Whitney (Whitney who ended up with the Miami Dolphins)...Kelli told her in her TC cut the prior year that she should go after a different dream, then the following year she was cut at semi-finals. Again, why take her past prelims?

I think pre-lims is just to get a look at everyone and then cut the ones that aren't obviously going to make it for one reason or another.  The girls who are obviously never going to fit the uniform, the bad dancers, the ones who don't have the "look", etc.  Just get rid of them early and take a second look at who's left.  In previous years, there was a LOT of people to knock out (at least half to two-thirds of the group), but I think Season 13 had the fewest girls cut in pre-lims out of any season but 14.  While there's no OBVIOUS reason to take her (or girls like Kenley Minchew or any other girl they REALLY didn't like for one reason or another) to any further rounds, these girls will likely get to semi-finals for no other reason then they're pretty, have a good figure and can dance fairly well. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think pre-lims is just to get a look at everyone and then cut the ones that aren't obviously going to make it for one reason or another. 

Correct. And since Kelli obviously didn't like Whitney & Colby, they should have been cut at prelims.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, fozzen said:

Funny how Angela and Jinelle didn't lose their Australian accents after living here for years. . As for her being in London for 10 years - how do you know? I've seen that she hadn't been performing for 10 years and that she had lived in London. That does not mean she was there for 10 years. She may have been working here for 9 years before moving to London. 

I would prefer to hear from family and friends back in Australia as to whether or not Jinelle and Angela changed their accents. Americans still hear the Aussie in them but do Aussies hear an American accent?

Regarding Colby and living in the UK for 10 years, didn't she say as much in one of her early talking head moments?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, fozzen said:

Funny how I have friends from England who have lived in Oklahoma for 25 years and still have their English accents and haven't picked up any form of southern accent. Funny how Angela and Jinelle didn't lose their Australian accents after living here for years. You have to want to lose your accent. And by the way, I grew up in Oklahoma, lived in California for years, Nashville, TN, and a small town in east Texas (for 20 years) and never picked up any of their accents. And the east Texas accent is a doozy. Maybe I didn't pick up the southern accent because I didn't grow up with it and didn't want it. On the other hand, we Americans love English and Australian accents, so we might try a little harder to "develop" that accent. I also had a roommate who grew up in a small town in Oklahoma and moved to New York for 6 months - came back with a fake accent and calling her purse and pocket book. As for her being in London for 10 years - how do you know? I've seen that she hadn't been performing for 10 years and that she had lived in London. That does not mean she was there for 10 years. She may have been working here for 9 years before moving to London. I also know her small town in Texas very well. I had to drive through it when I lived in east Texas when I went back and forth to Oklahoma. She's proud of moving to London, because most of the people I met while living in small towns in east Texas have never left their towns. Not even for vacations. I lived around people who thought they had been to the mountains because they had been to Arkansas and thought IHOP was the best restaurant on the planet because they left the coffee pot on the table (they also had to drive 50 miles one way to get to one). Imagine growing up in a town like that and dreaming of getting out. Of course when you come back, you want to show how much better you are - just like my roommate. Also interesting how Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne can live in the U.S. for DECADES and not lose their accents - I can keep going.

Some people are just accent sponges; it's not a conscious thing, it just happens.  I pick up accents all the time and I have NEVER consciously tried to do it. In fact,  I go out of my way to try to suppress it because I know that I am prone doing it.  I'm not going to judge someone for picking up an accent. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Omeletsmom said:

Some people are just accent sponges; it's not a conscious thing, it just happens.  I pick up accents all the time and I have NEVER consciously tried to do it. In fact,  I go out of my way to try to suppress it because I know that I am prone doing it.  I'm not going to judge someone for picking up an accent. 

I'm the same. I have to force myself not to go into an accent for fear people will think I'm making fun of them, but I LOVE accents and so tend to want to mimic them when I hear them. I do talk to myself in a British accent when I'm alone because, why wouldn't I? I watch a lot of British TV and being still in a semi-lockdown I actually hear TV more than I hear real people. When I watch too much DCC:MTT I start to sound a bit Texan. 

Colby's accent is the least annoying thing about her for me. If anything, it was what I liked best about her (which isn't saying much). haha

On 3/16/2021 at 11:12 AM, vanillagum said:

at one point judy says she doesn't like watching vivian, because 'there's something raunchy about it.'

That annoyed me when Judy said that too . Yet she loved Kalyssa who was far more raunchy than anyone in DCC history 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, go4luca said:

I can't get over how pretty Tara looks with this hair color.  Wow!

taraszy_PT.jpg

She does look stunning. I do think she has done a little more than change her hair though, like her lips for instance. But she looks healthy, happy, and beautiful so more power to her. (Do people still say that? “More power to her”? Maybe I’m aging myself). 

Poor Colby. I never really had an opinion of her good or bad as it was obvious she was out of her element and wasn’t going to be there long. For as tall, thin, and pretty as she was, there was always something awkward about her.  But the most awkward aspect of her appearance at TC was the way Kelli treated her - she just seemed offended that Colby had won the fan vote. 

KelFine loves a tall, thin blonde but only if you are the RIGHT tall, thin blonde. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, go4luca said:

I can't get over how pretty Tara looks with this hair color.  Wow!

taraszy_PT.jpg

I saw that yesterday on Insta and wow, she looks STUNNING! She's actually inspiring me to maybe, but probably not, go to a darker color from blonde, wow her eyes pop she looks so grown up and just beautiful!!! I'm totally fangirling over here 🙂

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

That annoyed me when Judy said that too . Yet she loved Kalyssa who was far more raunchy than anyone in DCC history 

In fact, wasn't Kalyssa trashy or dirty or whatever in a good way according to Judy?

• Love 8
On 3/16/2021 at 10:58 PM, fozzen said:

So in other words, you had a motivation to lose your accent. As for Colby, she annoyed the hell out of me. The accent, the plastic surgery, the really bad dancing. They shouldn't have let her get past prelims. I mute the show when she's on. Her fakeness is really that annoying to me. Colby,Vivian and Ashley Paige top my list as THE most annoying TCC's.

I had no motivation to lose my "Chicago accent" and acquire a western drawl. It evolved from living in Colorado for the last 43 years. TBH, I didn't know that Chicagoans had an accent until I moved here. No big deal. I'm a non-conformist and don't try to fit in just to fit in. Regarding Colby, to each their own. I saw someone who seemed like a nice person who was treated like shit. Maybe she shouldn't have made it past prelims, but that wasn't her fault. That lies squarely on TPTB that pushed her through to finals. Do I think she should have/would have made TC without the fan vote? No, I don't.

Edited by bjo1969
  • Love 9

I love Tara’s darker hair, but between filters and photoshop apps, I feel like I have no idea how anyone actually looks anymore.  Maybe that’s 100% Tara with good makeup, maybe she’s had some tweaks at a medspa, maybe it’s all done in an app.  Lol. Bless instagram’s heart. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I love Tara’s darker hair, but between filters and photoshop apps, I feel like I have no idea how anyone actually looks anymore.  Maybe that’s 100% Tara with good makeup, maybe she’s had some tweaks at a medspa, maybe it’s all done in an app.  Lol. Bless instagram’s heart. 

I vote for filters, in more candid shots she looks nothing like this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Tara seems to be in great shape and looks great.  However, there's a lot of filtering going on with past DCC.  Taylor P's pictures besides her living in a gym and posting on diet and exercise 24/7 her selfie face close ups look very filtered.  (off subject but I believe Taylor P looked cuter when she was not as sculpted) Then there is Kelli Q who has always loved a good filter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lexusprincess said:

aylor P's pictures besides her living in a gym and posting on diet and exercise 24/7 her selfie face close ups look very filtered.  (off subject but I believe Taylor P looked cuter when she was not as sculpted)

God, she really does live in the gym doesn’t she?

Also on your second point it’s funny cuz even on her season she was more muscular than everyone else and somehow she’s topped that lol

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

God, she really does live in the gym doesn’t she?

Also on your second point it’s funny cuz even on her season she was more muscular than everyone else and somehow she’s topped that lol

That's funny to me, cause I don't remember her being one of the muscular ones as a DCC at all. Lol I just thought she looked normally fit. 

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

That's funny to me, cause I don't remember her being one of the muscular ones as a DCC at all. Lol I just thought she looked normally fit. 

she had a REALLY defined stomach and i think slightly more toned legs than most imo

goalz

13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Call me old fashioned but I think most of them, if not all, look far better without the filters, which just make them all look the same. 

In a world where diversity is what is strived for, the conformity is pretty comical.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Everyone wants to stand out...in the exact same way. haha

I've always thought this. TPTB want everyone to be different but in the same kind of way. That's why I'd love someone like Amanda to be at the front of the triangle. She looks different to a typical DCC, still crazy beautiful but in a kooky kind of way. As opposed to Victoria, who looks like a typical DCC from years gone by (even her back-combed hair looks outdated). It would be nice to see them go in a different direction. Just because the judges don't think someone's pretty doesn't mean they're not to someone!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Just because the judges don't think someone's pretty doesn't mean they're not to someone!

It's ironic because I swear I've heard Kelly and/or Judy say something like this, wanting all types of girls to appeal to all types of people, but they do tend towards just different shades of the same type. There are very few truly different or unique DCCs. They are mostly just pageant girls with pom-poms. There are some superficial differences, dark hair/light hair, darker skin/lighter skin, shorter/taller, but they are all pretty similar which is why I often forget who is who. 

• Love 9
On 1/9/2020 at 8:22 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Who is/was the statue outside of the old Texas Stadium? Tom Landry?

Delurking to answer this question. (I didn't see that anyone else had answered it. If so, my apologies.)

Yes, it is Tom Landry.

I'm in Fort Worth, Texas. Grew up watching the Cowboys. You would not believe the number of adults and kids I know (boys and girls) named Landry/Landrie/Landree. All named after Tom. 

Also ... the DCC channel on Pluto is so addictive.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, grammarista said:

Delurking to answer this question. (I didn't see that anyone else had answered it. If so, my apologies.)

Yes, it is Tom Landry.

I'm in Fort Worth, Texas. Grew up watching the Cowboys. You would not believe the number of adults and kids I know (boys and girls) named Landry/Landrie/Landree. All named after Tom. 

Also ... the DCC channel on Pluto is so addictive.

Im in Fort Worth as well !!! 

• Love 1

I really love Amy's hair but I don't like the short blond hair Christina had. Maybe it's not the hair but just me not liking Christina.haha

Her first year she looked much prettier to me. (But also bland)

image.png.27cd7ee52ecb3e825a379c46a2e136b3.png

also I thought this was interesting.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, grammarista said:I'm in Fort Worth, Texas. Grew up watching the Cowboys. You would not believe the number of adults and kids I know (boys and girls) named Landry/Landrie/Landree. All named after Tom. 

And dogs. So. Many. Dogs. Lol. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Kamal said:

I really love Amy's hair but I don't like the short blond hair Christina had. Maybe it's not the hair but just me not liking Christina.haha

Her first year she looked much prettier to me. (But also bland)

image.png.27cd7ee52ecb3e825a379c46a2e136b3.png

also I thought this was interesting.

Christina with brown hair bears a distant resemblance to Kate Middleton?

Also the Reddit thread is correct, sadly, but I don’t think we’re allowed to discuss bc it was technically an internet crime. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

watching season 2 on pluto. i'm shook at christina murphy making the team despite being deaf and, as kitty said, having 'no professional dance training.' that's crazy. and super cool.

i feel like auditions used to have way more people?? if that's the case, why do you think it's gotten so competitive (requiring a lifetime of dance) despite the dwindling number of people auditioning?

oh wow loni also didn't have any technical training? wow

Edited by vanillagum

@DCCOracle...ooohhh Brittney Schram would be a great idea, her art could be showcased! She is very talented. And off topic, I love her stories showing her new house. Her decorating taste is nothing like mine, but I love to see how she put it all together...she has a great eye.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

Three new Alumni Spotlights some might be interested in: Kim Oden, Lisa Henslin and the Schraminator.

<<She mentioned that her rookie season was particularly stressful because even at the time of the squad photo she was still not sure if she made the team or not. However, Kim spoke very highly of their director at the time, Suzanne Mitchell, and said she was like a mother figure to them.>>

So did Suzanne do what Kelli did in season 5 (2010)? They were dressed in uniform but still didn't know if they made it until Kelli finally announced it. I hope she didn't announce the squad like that every year. 

Ok so I just got around to watching season 13 or 14 and Marshall is my favorite person ever. The gap mouth picture is just the funniest thing ever. Love love love him!

Just wanted to share

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

So did Suzanne do what Kelli did in season 5 (2010)? They were dressed in uniform but still didn't know if they made it until Kelli finally announced it. I hope she didn't announce the squad like that every year. 

I think it's mean and a waste of time.  Have your team chosen so you can immediately do what has to be done at the photo shoot, cause it's a long process.  And why have girls show up that you just plan on sending home.  I thought Kelli just did it as another storyline for drama's sake

• Love 6
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think it's mean and a waste of time.  Have your team chosen so you can immediately do what has to be done at the photo shoot, cause it's a long process.  And why have girls show up that you just plan on sending home.  I thought Kelli just did it as another storyline for drama's sake

According to Kim oden Suzanne did it to 

In the 1979 DCC movie they announced the new squad at the stadium at auditions. Then they were shown to have their practice/rehearsals at Texie Waterman's studio. Did Valley Ranch not exist back then or was the movie just different from real life?

3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

In the 1979 DCC movie they announced the new squad at the stadium at auditions. Then they were shown to have their practice/rehearsals at Texie Waterman's studio. Did Valley Ranch not exist back then or was the movie just different from real life?

Valley Ranch was built in the 80's

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Auto-Amy springs to mind. Slightly different, but an equally cruel treatment with the finish line in sight:

On the final night, when the team is about to be announced , out comes Cheryl (if I remember correctly) and takes you off the field during the training. That was so cruel! Especially because the Cowboys have shown over the years that a squad of 36 is not a fixed number.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, LilyDutch said:

Auto-Amy springs to mind. Slightly different, but an equally cruel treatment with the finish line in sight:

On the final night, when the team is about to be announced , out comes Cheryl (if I remember correctly) and takes you off the field during the training. That was so cruel! Especially because the Cowboys have shown over the years that a squad of 36 is not a fixed number.

Wasn't Kyndall cut on that same night? In season 4 what night was Kamie cut on? Was it the night they announced the team? She said when she came back in season 5 she was cut "hours way from announcing the team".

• Love 3