Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, PicnicLife77 said:

I'll always want more deets about Olivia Stevanovski.

The story is that during calendar shoot, Cassie T was complaining that the rookies were getting more camera time.  Duh....rookies, need more time.  So Olivia allegedly confronted her, and then during auditions, Judy told the other judges she was "toxic"

• Useful 4

Blonde Hannah from a few years ago. Not sure of her surname but she was stunning. She was cut mid-training camp. I know weight was a concern at one point but I cant remember if that was the exact reason she was cut.

I think it was at that point that Judy said they need to start cutting veterans at finals rather than during the season.

Auto Amy and Kyndall - I loved them both and they both would have excelled. They couldnt handle the stress of TC which I understand. If they just gave them a chance, I think they both would have been amazing. 

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

Blonde Hannah from a few years ago. Not sure of her surname but she was stunning. She was cut mid-training camp. I know weight was a concern at one point but I cant remember if that was the exact reason she was cut.

This Hannah?

Hannah_Alexandra.thumb.jpg.2f1a7e2385b80f6b8042c7200931c21d.jpg

• Love 2
(edited)
52 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

She was cut mid-training camp. I know weight was a concern at one point but I cant remember if that was the exact reason she was cut.

She had weight warnings thru her rookie year, and then showed up for TC out of shape.  She was also falling out of turns, running out of gas, not her normal self

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 3

I'm going to say Hannah A., Brennan (3 times due to getting cut from Training Camp twice, then from the team), Kyndall, Taryn, Raylee, Heather H., Allie D., Katie Schouten, Liz Reuter, Sunni Cranfill, Mandy Correa, and a few others, but that's enough for now.

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She had weight warnings thru her rookie year, and then showed up for TC out of shape.  She was also falling out of turns, running out of gas, not her normal self

this fascinates me because she was soooooooo slender when she tried out/in season 8

9 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Not only is she an AMAZING dancer, but I also connected with her life story. I remember her confessional in Season 15 when she was talking about her depression and anxiety. I was crying with her, I was like "I know EXACTLY how that feels." So yeah...let's just say, I was pissed when she was cut, lol.

this made me so sad. i was like, girl, same. i loved seeing her be so open and vulnerable...because again, literally same. i don't know how you could cut her after that. ESPECIALLY because she said that being able to dance with her friends again was better than just with 'the bugs in her basement' LOL. i just wanted to give her a hug. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I never understood why Katelynn never made the DCC - not even Training Camp.  She danced on the LSU Tiger Girls with Tess, Khalyn, Cersten, Erica and her kicks were as high and pretty as Lacey's.  She was tall, gorgeous, long legs, high kicks. She was even profiled during Finals, but then her number was never called.  They've taken so many more RANDOM girls whose kicks sucked, who didn't have "the look" or needed a makeover, or had no previous dance experience.  They said her hair was too dark (!?) and that was it. 

I truly thought it was weird editing and that there was more to the story behind the scenes.  Curious if anyone else knows.

C_eSKb5V0AAm4NC.jpg

Edited by Stee
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

But yes Hannah Anderson from the 2018 rookie class who was UNJUSTLY cut in Season 15 of Making the Team. I mean I think most of us on this forum can agree with not only Hannah's cut but with the entire season as a whole. It was horrible. So much so that I stopped watching it by I wanna say Episode 3 or 4. God there was so much BS going on, I couldn't handle it. 

Not only is she an AMAZING dancer, but I also connected with her life story. I remember her confessional in Season 15 when she was talking about her depression and anxiety. I was crying with her, I was like "I know EXACTLY how that feels." So yeah...let's just say, I was pissed when she was cut, lol.

They used the ONE clip they could find of Hannah stumbling over her feet and kept airing it repeatedly to justify her cut. Also, guest judges comments were edited over or made to look like Hannah was just a "maybe" and Kitty was a "no." It was such BS.  Totally fabricated. It is obvious they wanted to cut her for other reasons. 

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, Stee said:

I never understood why Katelynn never made the DCC - not even Training Camp.  She danced on the LSU Tiger Girls with Tess, Khalyn, Cersten, Erica and her kicks were as high and pretty as Lacey's.  She was tall, gorgeous, long legs, high kicks. She was even profiled during Finals, but then her number was never called.  They've taken so many more RANDOM girls whose kicks sucked, who didn't have "the look" or needed a makeover, or had no previous dance experience.  They said her hair was too dark (!?) and that was it. 

I truly thought it was weird editing and that there was more to the story behind the scenes.  Curious if anyone else knows.

C_eSKb5V0AAm4NC.jpg

Totally agree. She should have earned a spot in training camp and in MTT editing style, her storyline just went away.

• Love 10

I would like to add Lily in season 13. She was cut with NO office visits, and on the very last day of training camp. It was pretty obvious to me that K&J didn't know who to cut so they chose the one that was most likely to drink the DCC kool-aid of "take more prep classes, and re-audition next year" which is exactly what Lily did. K&J didn't want to sacrifice someone else that may not return the following season and they would lose out on for good. Remember, DCC is LUCKY to have these phenomenal women audition, not the other way around.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, onthebubble said:

I think it was at that point that Judy said they need to start cutting veterans at finals rather than during the season.

Auto Amy and Kyndall - I loved them both and they both would have excelled. They couldnt handle the stress of TC which I understand. If they just gave them a chance, I think they both would have been amazing. 

Hannah Hull and she just had a baby girl, and she is skinnier than ever. I hope reality TV and K&J didn't give her any kind of eating disorder/PTSD. She was one of my favorites her rookie year, I would have loved to see more of her.
https://www.instagram.com/hannah_w_hull/?hl=en

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Stee said:

C_eSKb5V0AAm4NC.jpg

Katelynn (and Katy Shaffer?) are the two candidates who I wish had got to TC. Katelynn had the whole package (unless she bombed her interview). I liked her long, dark hair, just needed the extensions taking out or trimming a few inches. 

I know they cut Katy for weight but I agree with Charm, I think she would've trimmed up if they'd have discussed it with her.

• Love 9

How about all the training camp candidates that they knew they would cut but they dragged it out for the sake of a storyline? Essentially using their hopes and dreams to generate reality TV episodes and plot. There were quite a few, and it got worse as production changed over the years. The most notable ones to me are:
Season 11 - Amy A.
Season 12 - Brianna
Season 13 - Malena
Season 14 - Meredith (with the surprise! 37th spot, and managed to not get cut)

I can't include season 15 on this list because I believe vet cuts were planned out well in advance and there was not enough time to excessively profile someone only to cut them in the end. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm going to say Hannah A., Brennan (3 times due to getting cut from Training Camp twice, then from the team), Kyndall, Taryn, Raylee, Heather H., Allie D., Katie Schouten, Liz Reuter, Sunni Cranfill, Mandy Correa, and a few others, but that's enough for now.

I want to add Grace Sells to your list.

• Love 9

When I rewatch episodes it does bug me that both Raylee (season 12) and Courtni (season 9) were cut at finals with just lame comments like "she didn't bring it today," or "she's just not her normal self." Uh huh, sure. Classic MTT style.

• Love 2
(edited)

Taryn

K&J didn't like her look. She didn't look DCC enough, no matter how they tried to adapt to it. Her kicks not being high enough was a weak excuse so they didn't look over-the-top superficial. In clips that viewers saw of Taryn, her kicks and dancing always looked great.

Edited by StellaCL
clarification
  • Love 4

Well, sheesh, I didn't realize I was so into this topic - I've been posting a lot today.

That being said - how is TARA (season 13) not on this list yet?

They cut her because her spray tan was too muddled and her blonde hair was less white blonde. I mean the three pounds she may have gained wasn't even a thing. They gave her a bit of the Hannah A. treatment, finding the one clip or two where she messes up. In the previous Season 12 clips, she was killing it. If they didn't like her look, they could have easily fixed it. But instead TPTB didn't want to cut more rookies, and Tara was sacrified because of it. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Stee said:

C_eSKb5V0AAm4NC.jpg

Totally agree... she was an AMAZING dancer with a pretty face and great shape.....seems like something is definitely going on here with TPTB and it’s likely something petty 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, njcate said:

Totally agree... she was an AMAZING dancer with a pretty face and great shape.....seems like something is definitely going on here with TPTB and it’s likely something petty 

Katelynn (season 12) was a Tiger Girl at LSU, as were Cersten and Keyra. Cersten was already on the team, and Keyra (good friend of Cersten) made it that season. I dunno, maybe CERTSEN had something to do with Katelynn not making it? Just a guess!

I never understood why Katelynn didn't tryout again since it was her dream from a young girl to be a DCC (seems fishy), but maybe she did, and they didn't show it.

Sidenote - I always like Keyra, and felt like they used her in Season 13 fully knowing they were going to cut her. Judy never liked her, and Kelli didn't after she was tardy to 2 appearances during her rookie year. The didn't have enough grace ahead of time to let her know they were going to cut her, instead they exploited her as much as they could for a storyline up until TCC announcements.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

this fascinates me because she was soooooooo slender when she tried out/in season 8

Probably got too skinny, and like Milan said in that podcast ep, whatever they weight you at in your rookie year - that is your expected weight until you leave. 

Just now, StellaCL said:

Katelynn (season 12) was a Tiger Girl at LSU, as were Cersten and Keyra. Cersten was already on the team, and Keyra (good friend of Cersten) made it that season. I dunno, maybe CERTSEN had something to do with Katelynn not making it? Just a guess

I would say Cersten and Erica cause "petty" was their middle name.  However, the coach of the Tiger Girls is Denise DiChiarry, who is a guest choreographer, so Kelli may have asked her for a reference as well.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Stee said:

C_eSKb5V0AAm4NC.jpg

I didn't understand this one at all, she was great! 

1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

K&J didn't like her look. She didn't look DCC enough, no matter how they tried to adapt to it. Her kicks not being high enough was a weak excuse so they didn't look over-the-top superficial. In clips that viewers saw of Taryn, her kicks and dancing always looked great.

Yeah I liked her and didn't get this cut either. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

hmm, i don't see it. she looks as dcc to me as a lot of the other less bombshell ones. brennan, lily, etc

• Love 3
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Hannah Hull and she just had a baby girl, and she is skinnier than ever. I hope reality TV and K&J didn't give her any kind of eating disorder/PTSD. She was one of my favorites her rookie year, I would have loved to see more of her.
https://www.instagram.com/hannah_w_hull/?hl=en

4 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Her baby is ADORABLE!!! 🥰🤩

Seriously!!! I have nothing to add other than to say holy cow that baby is SO FREAKING CUTE!!! 🥰🥰🥰

• Love 3
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Probably got too skinny, and like Milan said in that podcast ep, whatever they weight you at in your rookie year - that is your expected weight until you leave. 

This has always bugged me. It should be whatever weight you were accepted for that year. For example, someone becomes a DCC at 110. But the next year their weight is (GASP!) 115 and they are accepted by the judges at that new weight.  You should have to stay at 115 for that year, especially for anyone who is a long termer (4-5 years).  I would expect from ages 18 to 23/24, there would be small weight fluctuations. 

• Love 8
Just now, Tdoc72 said:

This has always bugged me. It should be whatever weight you were accepted for that year. For example, someone becomes a DCC at 110. But the next year their weight is (GASP!) 115 and they are accepted by the judges at that new weight.  You should have to stay at 115 for that year, especially for anyone who is a long termer (4-5 years).  I would expect from ages 18 to 23/24, there would be small weight fluctuations. 

Remember when they got mad at Meagan Sharp for needing a bigger pair of shorts?  She was 3 years older.

• Love 6

Unpopular opinion - I have never understood the buzz behind Meagan F chewing out K & J. Like suck it up. You got put through training camp because you deserved (?) to be there. That doesn't mean that you make the team. You may get cut and you go into training camp knowing that regardless of it being your first or third or sixteenth time there.  Maybe it's because I didn't see the season in real time or something but I have just never understood the hero worship she got for her comments. 

* Ducks from all the tomatoes being thrown at me now 🤣

• Love 3
4 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Unpopular opinion - I have never understood the buzz behind Meagan F chewing out K & J. Like suck it up. You got put through training camp because you deserved (?) to be there. That doesn't mean that you make the team. You may get cut and you go into training camp knowing that regardless of it being your first or third or sixteenth time there.  Maybe it's because I didn't see the season in real time or something but I have just never understood the hero worship she got for her comments. 

For me, I found it refreshing to see a girl show some actual emotion and personality, rather than just saying "yes ma'am" and taking it. Kelli and Judy were used to running the ship their way, and the girls all falling in line, so it really caught them off guard that there was a girl in front of them showing some backbone and giving them a piece of her mind. That's why I loved it.

I just wish we could have seen the final office visits of Amy Reese, Mandy Voecks and Erica Wilkins. I wonder if any of them had a Meghan Flaherty moment.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, Stee said:

I never understood why Katelynn never made the DCC - not even Training Camp.  She danced on the LSU Tiger Girls with Tess, Khalyn, Cersten, Erica

I don't remember where I heard this, and I don't know if it's true or just speculation, but I heard it's because the DCC you noted who were Tiger Girls (and maybe Denise Dicharry) weren't thrilled with Katelynn leaving Tiger Girls for Golden Girls, and that's where her bad recommendation came from.

• Useful 4
7 hours ago, onthebubble said:

If I remember correctly, Kelli thought that she hadn't improved enough at auditions from the last time she was there, yet she still made it into Training Camp (pressure from Charlotte?).  I also remember hearing that she was "talked into" auditioning again and most of the promises made weren't kept.  I don't know if she got a big head and thought that, because she was brought in a third time that she was guaranteed a spot and didn't try as hard or if promises were made that weren't fulfilled, but Kelli deserved the talking to then and she deserves it even more now.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Wooooah botox 😄

The botox seems to be very popular here....I'm 49 and people can't believe I haven't gotten any yet.  I cut bangs instead, it's cheaper and not poison.  lol

5 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

For me, I found it refreshing to see a girl show some actual emotion and personality, rather than just saying "yes ma'am" and taking it. Kelli and Judy were used to running the ship their way, and the girls all falling in line, so it really caught them off guard that there was a girl in front of them showing some backbone and giving them a piece of her mind. That's why I loved it.

I just wish we could have seen the final office visits of Amy Reese, Mandy Voecks and Erica Wilkins. I wonder if any of them had a Meghan Flaherty moment.

Me too because that yes ma'am crap just comes off as fake after a while.  

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, klh25 said:

The botox seems to be very popular here....I'm 49 and people can't believe I haven't gotten any yet.  I cut bangs instead, it's cheaper and not poison.  lol

Me too because that yes ma'am crap just comes off as fake after a while.  

Well Judy even said sometimes they say yes ma’am cause it sounds like a good answer , but then they don’t do what’s recommended. Looking at you ikea.  If you are told to smile when you dance, smile 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Well Judy even said sometimes they say yes ma’am cause it sounds like a good answer , but then they don’t do what’s recommended. Looking at you ikea.  If you are told to smile when you dance, smile 

I mean, I am Southern and I say yes ma'am...just not over and over again like they do.  Repeating it over and over after everything Kelli/Judy say while nodding your head profusely comes off as fake.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Mandy told Kelli to F*** off, quit, footage allegedly destroyed cause Kelli didn't want it seen, got asked back and quit again after two weeks.  This according to a friend of hers on FB.  K&J had made comments to her about her weight gain.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 5/10/2021 at 10:13 AM, kalibean said:

She might have been like Melissa W and just passed over at first because of figure.  Interesting to me who they focus on for that storyline, like LA Katy who killed it for dancing but they couldn’t get past her waistline. 

Like maybe they respect the local girls and tell them through the grapevine what they need to fix, tho I assume both Melissa and Jenn knew they weren’t uniform ready that first time but wanted to shoot their shot anyway. 

I keep looking for Melissa in season 8 either in prelims or semis and I never find her. I know that when K, J & Charlotte were going over the prelim girls (which I think is BS and all for the camera) it looked like Charlotte thought Melissa was thick but her dancing was so incredible they moved her to semis, finals and then TCC.  Melissa did have a more womanly firgure but she wasn't fat at all. I thought she had a fantastic body.

The only reason I don't like Jenn A (not Alexis, I like her) is because she comes across (to me) as cocky and really full of herself like Lacey Minchew. It's not as obvious as Lacey but it just bugs me. She's a great dancer, but not the second coming or whatever K&J thought. She's totally trying for Kelli's job. New blood in the director's chair might be a very good thing right now.

• Love 6
On 5/12/2021 at 8:50 AM, EricaShadows said:

All of the above plus Megan Michelle, Kali (not Fullterton), Colin (her exit interview was heartbreaking), Lily, Tara (vet cut in season 13)

• Love 5
13 hours ago, onthebubble said:

That could be true, but I just felt that they had no intention on actually giving her a chance. It seemed like they were especially cruel with her cut.  I was just proud of her for speaking up instead of the same "thank you for the opportunity" things some girls say. 

• Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Pucca said:

All of the above plus Megan Michelle, Kali (not Fullterton), Colin (her exit interview was heartbreaking), Lily, Tara (vet cut in season 13)

I'd like to also add blonde Jenna. She came back and looked fantastic and didn't make it back to training camp. Out of all the cut vets that try back out she was one that totally deserved it. 

Also, Chandler's cut bugged me. It was like Kelli didn't have any issues with her until her good buddy TK called her a grandma. After that, Chandler had no chance in hell. She was adorable and had a banging body. 

Btw, I just want to tell all of you about how happy I am that I've found this place. I have no one I can talk DCC-MTT with so this has just been wonderful. You guys are great!!

Edited by Pucca
double post
  • Love 12
On 5/13/2021 at 9:09 PM, Pucca said:

The only reason I don't like Jenn A (not Alexis, I like her) is because she comes across (to me) as cocky and really full of herself like Lacey Minchew. 

It’s interesting how we all perceive people differently. I fully respect your thoughts on Jenn A but I don’t recognize this attitude. To me, she was actually quite refreshing as she displayed maturity which is something the team needs. The few bits I have seen her teach (online) appealed to me too. There were others that year I’d happily give the cocky-tag...

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Exactly. I get not wanting any fluctuation in a season. A lot goes into fitting that tiny little scrap of fabric they call a uniform. But most of these young women are at the age between the teenage "I can eat anything and just burn it off in a hot minute" to adult "I used to be able to eat anything I want but now it sticks around a lot longer than it used to". They're still growing and changing. It is unrealistic to expect them not to change at all over the years. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pucca said:

Also, Chandler's cut bugged me. It was like Kelli didn't have any issues with her until her good buddy TK called her a grandma. After that, Chandler had no chance in hell. She was adorable and had a banging body. 

I felt bad for Chandler because, yeah, she had a great body, she had a great personality and from what I can remember danced well (I don't know about that unless they are obviously in over their heads or the most amazing thing ever) but something about the structure of her face, especially when she smiled, made her face look super old, like her face didn't match her body.

I also thought that one they thought had the cheek implants whose name escapes me right now, also looked to be in her 40s, or a really well preserved 50. Great body but she just had an old face. Colby? was that her name?

In the normal world they might not look as old, but when you're putting them next to 18,19 year olds, they just look a lot older in the face.  

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Mandy told Kelli to F*** off, quit, footage allegedly destroyed cause Kelli didn't want it seen, got asked back and quit again after two weeks.  This according to a friend of hers on FB.  K&J had made comments to her about her weight gain.

haha this has become a bit of an urban legend but at this point i believe it ever since i read that apparently mandy was the only retiree that wasn't mentioned in season 12. it had to have ended badly

Edited by vanillagum
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

haha this has become a bit of an urban legend but at this point i believe it ever since i read that apparently mandy was the only retiree that wasn't mentioned in season 12. it had to have ended badly

What I wouldn’t give to see and hear one of these girls telling Kelly to F off !!

• Love 8
On 5/12/2021 at 8:52 AM, vanillagum said:

She changed so much to me between seasons 8 and 9. Her rookie year she was super skinny, yes, but she also had very natural hair, no extensions, soft curls, lighter makeup, and overall looked very naturally pretty. Season 9, she had awful extensions and super tight curls at the ends, makeup caked on her face, it looked like she may have gotten a nose job (and a bad one at that), and looked super snobby in every shot.