Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Cassie reading this and thinking "when ya'll gonna stop talking about me."

If we all stopped talking about her, she would probably be upset.  Even her mom would be upset.  Fans watch past seasons to discuss how she treated Taylor and if she really deserved her spot back.  Fans + ratings = money.  Fans + discussion = attention/fame.  Especially if Cassie is still advertising on her IG account.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So I was watching season 6 today and I swear this girl looks like that lady Colby that Kelli was an absolute ass to in Season 10. She swore she had fillers and Botox. (The one who won the fan vote and wouldn’t have gotten in without it) I swore she said she was in London for years, but this woman really favors her. What made me think it was Colby was the great cheekbones and squinty eyes. Am I off base, or maybe this is someone else we are familiar with and I’m thinking of them? Why do y’all think?

IMG_1290.jpg

20 minutes ago, tteek74 said:

So I was watching season 6 today and I swear this girl looks like that lady Colby that Kelli was an absolute ass to in Season 10. She swore she had fillers and Botox. (The one who won the fan vote and wouldn’t have gotten in without it) I swore she said she was in London for years, but this woman really favors her. What made me think it was Colby was the great cheekbones and squinty eyes. Am I off base, or maybe this is someone else we are familiar with and I’m thinking of them? Why do y’all think?

IMG_1290.jpg

It's definitely not her, but I can see why you would think that at first glance. She does have a similar look.

• Love 1

Season 7 on now.  For some reason I keep missing the episode where Megan gets cut.  Something about her eyes bugged me and finally getting to see this episode i now know what it is.  Her eyeliner was way too much. When she went to practice with her friend and didn’t have it on she looked so much better and totally different   I didn’t recognize her 

29 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Season 7 on now.  For some reason I keep missing the episode where Megan gets cut.  Something about her eyes bugged me and finally getting to see this episode i now know what it is.  Her eyeliner was way too much. When she went to practice with her friend and didn’t have it on she looked so much better and totally different   I didn’t recognize her 

I'm watching, too, and I noticed a split second during makeovers that they showed the make up artist removing some from under her eyes. It was pretty thick. I wonder if she and Holly H. maintained their friendship?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/15/2021 at 8:20 AM, TB12 said:

That is why Kelli is so bitter, it just hit me! She KNOWS she herself is not HD friendly & she's sooooooooo jealous of the beautiful girls and picks on the weaker ones to make herself feel better...

My husband says she gets off on being in kind of a power position over these girls.  Getting to decide who makes it and who doesn't.

On 6/15/2021 at 11:42 AM, StellaCL said:

It was mostly all retired vets - some from a good few years back! Danielle, Stephanie, Khalyn. More recent - Brianna, Alanna, Rachel, Tess, Savannah, Maddie. 
I know I am forgetting some.

Oh, also Alexis!

Here is some video from the event, along with NASCAR "Radioactive."  You can see the DCC at the beginning, kicking (and not up to the usual kick standard, I might add).  Also at the 2:10 mark there are close-ups.  

And now I'm wondering if the vets are expected to stay uniform-ready even after they retire.

As for season 7, I was also watching some of it last night on Pluto.  It was the episode where they shoot the cameos, and Kelli and Judy were saying one girl (Kelsey?) looked anorexic because she was so thin but her head was big and out of proportion.  They talked about it a lot, and I thought it was kind of cruel to say that someone might have an eating disorder on national television.  If they were really worried about it, they could talk to her privately.  But of course, it was just said in the context of "she might not look good in the uniform."  

Edited by 88Keys
Forgot video link
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 88Keys said:

You can see the DCC at the beginning, kicking (and not up to the usual kick standard, I might add).  Also at the 2:10 mark there are close-ups.  

I will say that they're spaced out so I can forgive kicks a little. Tess, Danielle, and Alanna's kicks were good, Maddie's was terrible, everyone else seemed a little poor. And Alanna's closeup was gorgeous! She was so overlooked while on the team.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Kelli and Judy were saying one girl (Kelsey?) looked anorexic because she was so thin but her head was big and out of proportion.  They talked about it a lot, and I thought it was kind of cruel to say that someone might have an eating disorder on national television.

Kelsey said she was in the hospital recently for stomach issues that caused her to lose so much weight. She was probably suffering from malnutrition and malabsorption at the time. The vets (probably Cassie and cronies) were making up rumors about it being an eating disorder. 

5 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Kelsey said she was in the hospital recently for stomach issues that caused her to lose so much weight. She was probably suffering from malnutrition and malabsorption at the time. The vets (probably Cassie and cronies) were making up rumors about it being an eating disorder. 

I think Kelsey Bond may have ulcerative colitis (I also suffer from it, so when I read that on here years ago I always remembered). I think she is pretty strict on her diet as to not encourage a flare up, which is what I think she ended up in the hospital with that year. I know when I have flare ups, I can literally only eat saltines. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I think Kelsey Bond may have ulcerative colitis (I also suffer from it, so when I read that on here years ago I always remembered). I think she is pretty strict on her diet as to not encourage a flare up, which is what I think she ended up in the hospital with that year. I know when I have flare ups, I can literally only eat saltines. 

Yep, those flare ups will keep the weight off. Gastrointestinal diseases are hard to manage. I have GERD and it's a pain to manage just that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

One of my fave cookbook authors has that:(  Met her at a signing and she was just tiny.

28 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

The vets (probably Cassie and cronies) were making up rumors about it being an eating disorder

Could never understand that whole scenario when she had said from day 1 she just got out of the hospital.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

One of my fave cookbook authors has that:(  Met her at a signing and she was just tiny.

Could never understand that whole scenario when she had said from day 1 she just got out of the hospital.

I think she was just trying to tell them she isn't normally that thin and explaining that is was a serious illness. 

• Love 3
On 6/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Thank you to one of your members for sending me the link to the 2 hour special that aired in 2005. 

Kelli use to have compassion and humility. It's actually sad to see the woman she has become. Does she ever watch the show and cringe at the things that come out of her mouth? I would be embarrassed if I were her or a member of her family. 

A rookie was cut and a vet was crying to Kelli about the fact that she was going home to an empty house and had no one there for her. Kelli showed compassion and told the vet to go talk to her. That would never happen now. Even the way she addressed weight, makeup and hair was much more professional. I think it's time for Kelli to be replaced. She has become complacent. I also think Judy needs to go as well. She is the choreographer but does nothing except sit on her stool. All of the dances are from guest choreographers. Even the dances they did in 2005 I see in Thunder 15 years later. Judy, tonight is going to be your last night.

Hello!  Long time lurker but new to the boards...can someone send me the two hour special??

On 6/18/2021 at 8:17 PM, DCCFan2021 said:

will say that they're spaced out so I can forgive kicks a little. Tess, Danielle, and Alanna's kicks were good, Maddie's was terrible,

This isn't the first time Maddie's kicks stand out in a negative way... It has always surprised me how she got away with that all the time. (Yes I know she had a knee injury but TPTB have never allowed that as an excuse)

If you can't kick, you can't make the team. Yeah right....

• Love 7

That’s one of (many) reasons I didn’t understand why she was selected as point - kicking has never been a strength. I like Maddie just fine, she just needed to be in the same spots as Jinelle. Or Gina. Or any other long time DCC that is on the outer edge of the triangle because they’ve been on the squad a long time but lack the sparkle to be point. 

(Tho I do think Gina has earned triangle through both leadership and dance skills. I like others better for point.)

• Love 4

OK, so this is really random but I've spotted something twice now during season 9 and I don't know if it's been pointed out.  I think Danielle got in trouble for weight along with Hannah, Paige, Brittany and Veronica.  In the first episode when they do "On this season of Making the Team" and show short snippets of upcoming storylines, we see a quick shot of Veronica, then Paige, then Danielle sitting in the dreaded hot seat looking upset.

Also, when Hannah gets cut and comes out to hug the other girls goodbye in the dance studio, Danielle is there.  I wonder why they didn't show her office visit?  Or whether she went to My Fit Foods?  She was also in trouble for weight the year before (although that was mainly blamed on her foot injury).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, dariafan said:

Now I wouldn’t call how she came out on entrance a waddle, but it was weird.  

It was cringey . I could also see what Kitty was saying when she said Ashley moves like her head is screwed on to her body. She was robotic for sure . I really did like her though . 

• Love 4

I'm watching Pluto while I work, Gina's rookie season is on. I can't believe I'm just noticing this. They did the makeovers & gave Keyra a shorter cut. Now I'm watching her with the guest choreographers, and Keyra's hair is back to being long. Did Keyra get extensions? Or is everything super out of order?

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DancingDina13 said:

It was cringey . I could also see what Kitty was saying when she said Ashley moves like her head is screwed on to her body. She was robotic for sure . I really did like her though . 

i really wanted to see her as a DCC despite how stiff she was, lol. at least she remembered the steps :( i liked her too

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

who's a girl who's so boring/dry from what we saw that you were shocked they got a place on the team? season 8 abby prompted this question lmao

I don't remember season numbers, but the one with the huge rookie class when Chelsea was a rookie had 2, Emily & Teri.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don't remember season numbers, but the one with the huge rookie class when Chelsea was a rookie had 2, Emily & Teri.

season 7. yes, those are good ones. they acted like emily was some goddess bombshell whom they couldn't possibly NOT have on the team...which...she's fine, but really? it was bizarre. and teri was so lame. this season is especially weird because they had an extra large squad to accommodate for them...of all people

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Awwww I thought she was a good fit. She was cute and seemed like she was a sweetheart. Her cut was sad. 

I don't understand Teri, she was a DCRB, so must have been a really good dancer, but I just didn't care for her as a DCC.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

who's a girl who's so boring/dry from what we saw that you were shocked they got a place on the team? season 8 abby prompted this question lmao

Erica - I still to this day will never understand the fascination around her... 

• Love 5

I just thought of someone else in the boring/dry category...Jessika. 

15 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I thought it was rather dumb to cut Ann Lux.

She was cut? I thought she made it on her 1st try & retired after 2 years?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

She was cut? I thought she made it on her 1st try & retired after 2 years?

You are right she retired after her 2nd season 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

You are right she retired after her 2nd season 

I think Ann Lux would have been cut if she hadn't wisely retired after year 2. If I recall correctly, Charlotte didn't care much for her.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

27 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

oh my GOD yes. and that terrible hair color. and that complete disaster of a veteran interview that one year...i don't understand

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yes I can't believe Jessika got 4 years on the squad when other people didn't...

Jessika did 3 years with DCC.

I remember her rookie TC she was coached by Melissa, and she seemed sweet and genuine, but how she kept her spot all 3 years is indeed a DCC mystery. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yes I can't believe Jessika got 4 years on the squad when other people didn't...

Jessika did 3 years with DCC.

Yet she made it feel like 4 😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Thanks for the correction.  I knew Charlotte had it in for her and thought they gave her the ax that season I watched.

Well....not a correction, per se. Like I said, I thought she made it on her 1st try, I thought maybe you meant she was cut at prelims/semis/finals in a prior year 😄

6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Well....not a correction, per se. Like I said, I thought she made it on her 1st try, I thought maybe you meant she was cut at prelims/semis/finals in a prior year 😄

I forgot she made it to veteran status.  In an early episode in season 6 -- "[As she’s dancing on the field at finals, Charlotte turns to Kelli, says “Kelli,” and shakes her head]"--from Fandom.

I just needed to watch that whole season again before commenting!

• Love 1
On 6/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, DCCFan2021 said:

I will say that they're spaced out so I can forgive kicks a little. Tess, Danielle, and Alanna's kicks were good, Maddie's was terrible, everyone else seemed a little poor. And Alanna's closeup was gorgeous! She was so overlooked while on the team.

Maddie's kicks were never that awesome... she always did that hunch... where she leaned into her kicks.  They were pretty bad in this. 🧐

On 6/22/2021 at 7:20 PM, ByTor said:

Yet she made it feel like 4 😂

Kind of like Tess made it seem like 10 yrs 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2021 at 6:32 AM, JayDKay said:

Erica - I still to this day will never understand the fascination around her... 

Case in point.. this boring ass choreo of hers.. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Case in point.. this boring ass choreo of hers.. 

That was bad. Good on Jenna, she is more talented than I thought, she made it look better than it was.

• Love 8