Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Just now, ByTor said:

ILOL I guess I've been watching too much & not paying great attention, I mashed them both into one 😂

😂 no worries. I’m a little sad at myself for watching so much recently that I can literally recite the episodes verbatim. 

I know a lot of people don’t like those bits in the early seasons but I always loved them for some reason. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

LeGrand seemed like a sweet girl and it was clear she was in some sort of crisis. They should have kept her issues and her cut off the show ☹️

ETA: Yes I’d like to know how she’s doing and hopefully she’s ok!

I wholeheartedly agree. Then they posted the YouTube clip of it furthering her embarrassment. There's a special place in hell for K, J, C and CMT. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, RedDelicious said:

No. Effing. Way. That has broken back written all over it. I'd get cut before doing a stunt like that.  I'd do the trapeze bar but no way would I do a backwards free fall.

Well, they did land on a net suspended in the air. Like a safety net that trapeze artists use. But most of the girls were completely freaked, like Mia Greenhouse and Zoe Szekeres. Mia kept repeating “I don’t wanna do this!”  And Jay was pretty much like, “Sure you do! Mind over matter! Byeeeeeee!” 😂 Ah, good tv. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

LeGrand seemed like a sweet girl and it was clear she was in some sort of crisis. They should have kept her issues and her cut off the show ☹️

ETA: Yes I’d like to know how she’s doing and hopefully she’s ok!

19 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Then they posted the YouTube clip of it furthering her embarrassment. There's a special place in hell for K, J, C and CMT. 

My intention for a "where are they now" piece on Kaitlin was just to hopefully see that she is ok!  I think most of the collective fanbase was worried for her. Screw K&J and the MTT producers for any story they sold us on her. Kaitlin doesn't owe us any explanation -  I hope she is happy and safe and living her best life.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 10
On 7/11/2021 at 12:46 AM, Tuxcat said:

I haven't kept up with the 'past season' thread so apologies if this is repeat discussion. I saw a girl that resembled Keyra in season 6. She had a green sparkly top. But I don't think it's Keyra because the nose is different?? Is this who you saw?? I could definitely be wrong about everything here!

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.20.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.38.54 AM.png

Here's Keyra in Season 6. It's crazy to see Keyra, her fellow Season 12 rookie teammate Christina, and Taylor Breann all in the same shot.

keyra1.jpg

keyra1c.jpg

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Taylor was so cute, but wooooo she was an immature mess.   She's one I would have liked to see dance in college and come back when she had grown up a bit.  I wonder if she struggled socially with a high school or college dance team environment, though.  She seemed like someone who was probably at her best doing her own thing.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought the thing that made Sarah freak out was when they had to go to the top of what looked like a telephone pole and yell "1-2-3 DCC" as they jumped into a net. I could be wrong, but I don't remember bungee cords, I swear I only remember them having to jump and land into a net. Admittedly I only saw it once, that scene makes me so uncomfortable that I always turn it off. If that's what I needed to do to become a DCC, I'd be like "thanks but no thanks" and then Kelli could whine about how I took the spot of someone who WOULD do that.

That's the one; I just called it bungee jumping. They had to go up in a basket (or something like it ) and she freaked out half way up. The last time I saw it in a (youtube?) clip they didn't show her so it must have been cut out.

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Back somewhere in our archives was the mug shot of LeGrand who I believe had other arrests for meth possession.  A sad route to follow.

It's still out there  just google  " Kaitlin Legrand mugshot". For some reason I can't post the link. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Taylor was so cute, but wooooo she was an immature mess.   She's one I would have liked to see dance in college and come back when she had grown up a bit.  I wonder if she struggled socially with a high school or college dance team environment, though.  She seemed like someone who was probably at her best doing her own thing.

I liked Taylor, she seemed to have a pleasant and fun personality. I felt awful for her for what they did to her hair. It was cute but such a drastic change. I know I would have been devastated. It was 2011 and Victoria's Secret hair was what everyone wanted, not Meagan Sharp hair. I mean, can you imagine being turned from a pageant girl into...Meagan Sharp? (no offense to Meagan Sharp but her hairstyle was not cute). She handled it the best she could and she was gracious and mature during her cut.

After what happened with Ally and Cassie, I think the real issue was Cassie was jealous of Taylor's looks and spunk. Ally was just a b*tch whether it was the situation with LeGrand or cutting down Taylor in front of everyone at camp. Ugh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

After what happened with Ally and Cassie, I think the real issue was Cassie was jealous of Taylor's looks and spunk. Ally was just a b*tch whether it was the situation with LeGrand or cutting down Taylor in front of everyone at camp. Ugh.

Ally showed her true kiss up colors in that scene well she was always a butt kisser but wow, I never loathed two people more than I did in that moment. And you're spot on, I always thought Cassie was jealous of Taylor bc it seemed like Judy had a real soft spot for Taylor, who was everything Cassie wasn't good or bad. Talk about mean girls, wow...

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I didn’t really see jealousy from Cassie or Ally, but to be honest, I also didn’t see Taylor’s appeal, so I don’t know what anyone would be jealous of. From my perspective, she was cute (nothing more), a below average dancer, immature, and rather obnoxious. She seemed like someone who would annoy me too.

Even disliking Taylor, I still thought that Cassie and Ally’s behavior was inappropriate (and I disliked both of them as well). It’s fine to call someone out who brags about not practicing and then can’t do the choreo (which I believe Taylor probably did do), but it was done in a way to embarrass her, and Ally’s “just say yes mam” was one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Are they grown women or not? You can’t ask people to act like adults, and then tell someone that they can’t respond to allegations made against them. That’s now how adults operate.

• Love 10

Taylor’s dance style bugged me   It was too sharp. I didn’t like her hair extensions, but didn’t like the cut they gave her either   She seemed to me to be one who always got what she went after ( nothing wrong with that ) but from the first meeting she had this attitude like she was sure to make the team 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

lly was just a b*tch whether it was the situation with LeGrand or cutting down Taylor in front of everyone at camp. Ugh.

What did Ally do with LeGrand?

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I still thought that Cassie and Ally’s behavior was inappropriate (and I disliked both of them as well). It’s fine to call someone out who brags about not practicing and then can’t do the choreo (which I believe Taylor probably did do), but it was done in a way to embarrass her, and Ally’s “just say yes mam” was one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Are they grown women or not?

That was so unbearable and absurd. Taylor was, at worst, just being an annoying teenager...grown ass women didn't need to pile on and publicly humiliate her. It was gross. She was supposed to just shut up and take it, and not say a word in response? Insane. And wasn't Kitty there telling Taylor to shut up, too? It was so disgusting. 

• Love 7

I am so curious to know how often they drug test or if they ever do random drug tests. Probably not an issue right now, but there have been rumors here and there in the past with a few. 

3 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Since we're talking about the mean girls Cassie and Ally Traylor Park (who I think was way worse in the Taylor situation), who else were DCC mean girls and how did they get that title? 

Man I wish the old CMT and Television Without Pity forums were still around (or at least accessible), there was a lot of good - totally unsubstantiated- scuttlebutt on there from the earliest seasons. I do sometimes feel like one person’s “mean girl” was another person’s “she’s just the sweetest!” Cassie always got destroyed on there. There were rumors about a party-girl clique of Tia, Tobie, Michelle Keys (and a couple others I can’t recall…McKenzie maybe?). Brooke was a Powers That Be favorite who could get away with shit that other couldn’t. What kind of “shit,” I dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️ . Meredith Oden was a Teacher’s Pet and snitch. 😂 I wish there was someone from that era who would come spill the ️ 🫖 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Man I wish the old CMT and Television Without Pity forums were still around (or at least accessible), there was a lot of good - totally unsubstantiated- scuttlebutt on there from the earliest seasons. I do sometimes feel like one person’s “mean girl” was another person’s “she’s just the sweetest!” Cassie always got destroyed on there. There were rumors about a party-girl clique of Tia, Tobie, Michelle Keys (and a couple others I can’t recall…McKenzie maybe?). Brooke was a Powers That Be favorite who could get away with shit that other couldn’t. What kind of “shit,” I dunno 🤷🏻‍♀️ . Meredith Oden was a Teacher’s Pet and snitch. 😂 I wish there was someone from that era who would come spill the ️ 🫖 

I totally remember the CMT forums and Judy commenting on them. Was there anyone else in the official DCC circle on there?  It seems like in the beginning (I only followed for the first 1-2 seasons) it was mostly trollish posts how gross or bad or annoying someone was. I have a very vague recollection that I didn't like Brooke, but truthfully, I can't remember liking any of them at the time. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I totally remember the CMT forums and Judy commenting on them. Was there anyone else in the official DCC circle on there?  It seems like in the beginning (I only followed for the first 1-2 seasons) it was mostly trollish posts how gross or bad or annoying someone was. I have a very vague recollection that I didn't like Brooke, but truthfully, I can't remember liking any of them at the time. 

I always had a soft spot for Brooke, she was my favorite from season one. I always thought she was so beautiful and had a great body, Jay and K&J were just mean about her weight. I get it now, most of those girls would never make it past prelims now. 

My thoughts on Brooke only reflect on what I saw on TV 16 years ago and not the allegations from her time with the Dolphins. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Yes! Poor Judy, she was just trying to defend herself, Kelli, and the DCC brand. She should have just adopted the British Royal Family standard of “Never Complain, Never Explain.” Because posters were brUUUUtal. Especially when Cassie entered picture. That’s why I always laugh when other forums comment that this iteration of these forums is ‘toxic.’  It was never a fan forum, but compared to S1 and S2, this is a sanctuary. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, vanillagum said:

What did Ally do with LeGrand?

Oh lord - LeGrand showed up for rehearsal on a filming night in regular workout clothes. Kelly called Ally up front and was all “Ally, how did you know what outfit to wear tonight” and Ally in a sugary sweet @ss kissing way said “Yes ma’am, you told us” and so on. It was like they were deliberately trying to humiliate her when she was already crying. Poor LeGrand got cut that night. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Tia, Tobie, Michelle and Jordan B were the party girls.  Brooke was the mean girl - first fan fave of the show and she knew it.  Meredith was stealing recipes for the old website.  Judy and Cassie posted under the username gofightwin.  Alyssa Sarasani was stuck on herself, always staring into the mirror.

We used to have a lot of good info here on the Formers Thread before they took away the first 500 or so pages that were never reposted.

1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I totally remember the CMT forums and Judy commenting on them. Was there anyone else in the official DCC circle on there?

I was on those as well.  Kandi Harris was supposedly on there for a bit, but I never knew if it was her or someone pretending to be her.  She had surgery for a cyst on her lower back and some troll came on and said mean stuff about her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Tia, Tobie, Michelle and Jordan B were the party girls.  Brooke was the mean girl - first fan fave of the show and she knew it.  Meredith was stealing recipes for the old website.  Judy and Cassie posted under the username gofightwin.  Alyssa Sarasani was stuck on herself, always staring into the mirror.

We used to have a lot of good info here on the Formers Thread before they took away the first 500 or so pages that were never reposted.

I was on those as well.  Kandi Harris was supposedly on there for a bit, but I never knew if it was her or someone pretending to be her.  She had surgery for a cyst on her lower back and some troll came on and said mean stuff about her.

Yes! Gofightwin! Gosh I so clearly remember that now. Kandi did always bear the brunt of of trolls saying shit about her weight.  What’s funny is that in all current society’s “weight enlightenment” and supposed body positivity, I don’t think girls with Kandi or Brookes body type would be taken on the squad now. 

I know we discussed it on here a couple years ago when it was all happening but since she wasn’t a DCC anymore (isn’t there a former DCC thread?), it wasn’t very in depth. But I wonder what the outcome was in the lawsuit with her former brother-in-law. I know there are different sides to every story, but she and her mother did not look too good in that situation. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

The stuff in the 1st paragraph sounds like the details in that DCC article. It was written in 2010 by a woman named Lilit Marcus. I emailed her and asked if she was a DCC and said she was not but wouldn't reveal her source. I can't find that article anywhere on the internet.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

Watching the earlier seasons and the ladies called in for weight usually said they ran a lot   When you boy around 25 dears you need to switch it up a bit.  Especially if it’s not doing the job.  Your body changes     Seeing Viviana first season last night and Jay said at deliberations he would work with her with everything he had.  And I believe him.  So I wonder since she wanted it so badly if she called him ?

(edited)
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Judy and Cassie posted under the username gofightwin.  

6 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Yes! Gofightwin! Gosh I so clearly remember that now. Kandi did always bear the brunt of of trolls saying shit about her weight.  What’s funny is that in all current society’s “weight enlightenment” and supposed body positivity, I don’t think girls with Kandi or Brookes body type would be taken on the squad now. 

YAS, gofightwin! I don't remember anything about the Kandi Harris stuff though. I think I was there for the Brooke drama. And maybe Meagan F.

15 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I always had a soft spot for Brooke, she was my favorite from season one. I always thought she was so beautiful and had a great body, Jay and K&J were just mean about her weight. I get it now, most of those girls would never make it past prelims now. 

I watched season 1 and part of season 2 when the show first aired, then lost the show for a decade. I remember liking Holly P. so I think that is when I found the show again, around season 12. I missed all the Cassie years! And the Minchew sisters, Vivian, Chelsea, and on and on. 

I couldn't remember what my deal was with Brooke. Certainly in the times I have seen reruns of season 1 on Pluto, I don't feel the same way in the least.
But then I saw this yesterday:

Kalli Fullerton (Cut from training camp)

Meagan Flaherty (Cut from training camp)

Natalie Woods (Cut from training camp)

Ryan Ray (Cut from training camp)

These were my favorites when Season 1 first aired, of course I was not watching with a critical eye in the least.  So I bet I was irritated, and I bet this is why I wasn't a Brooke fan way back then, like how has she not been cut yet? I remember I was taken aback by the trollish behaviors on the CMT boards so I didn't post much. But still! 16 years later, they made enough of an impression that I still remember them! 

Edited by StellaCL
typo
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

This is consistent with what I remember too. I originally joined the forums looking for a “Felicity” recap…so 20 years ago? And have been on with this show since Day 1. Good grief that ages me 😂

I have other hobbies, I swear. I don’t know what it is about this show that just draws me in after all these years. I danced, but not like we see in today’s TCC. 

• Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

This is consistent with what I remember too. I originally joined the forums looking for a “Felicity” recap…so 20 years ago? And have been on with this show since Day 1. Good grief that ages me 😂

I have other hobbies, I swear. I don’t know what it is about this show that just draws me in after all these years. I danced, but not like we see in today’s TCC. 

That’s right! I remember you said you found the website looking for a Felicity recap. I think I found it looking for a a Buffy recap because I was deployed in 2003 when Buffy ended and I wasn’t able to watch the finale. But I think it was TWoP by then. But early on it was something else….Mighty Big TV? Gosh, we were all so young and innocent. 90% of the Training Camp Candidates weren’t even born. Good times. 

I have never danced. My parents couldn’t afford it. But I was definitely sucked into the 2-Hr Special like it was hypnotizing me. I can SO clearly remember where I was when I saw it on the tv guide and decided to watch it. I had a love/hate relationship with both the show and the forums. Due to life events, I missed watching seasons 4 and 5, and most of 6. Came back for season 7 (and caught up on the missed years by watching on cmt.com), but had to take a break from the TWOP forums that season. It was just really hostile at that time. By the time I was ready to come back to the forums, TWOP had closed down and moved to previously.tv and now here we are. I actually had to purchase Seasons 11-14 due to not having cmt in my cable package, but some things just left such a bad taste, I opted out of 15 and will probably opt out of 16. I’ll just YouTube clips and read everything on here.  

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 5
On 7/11/2021 at 12:46 AM, Tuxcat said:

I haven't kept up with the 'past season' thread so apologies if this is repeat discussion. I saw a girl that resembled Keyra in season 6. She had a green sparkly top. But I don't think it's Keyra because the nose is different?? Is this who you saw?? I could definitely be wrong about everything here!

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.20.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 12.38.54 AM.png

They look nothing alike. The only thing they have in common is their skin color.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SMP637 said:

They look nothing alike. The only thing they have in common is their skin color.

Ok? 

I thought their eyes looked similar enough that someone may have thought she was a much younger Keyra - so I asked because I didn't think it was her and wanted to find the right one. See my comments throughout... 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/10/2021 at 7:16 PM, GBDCCfan said:

Just binge watched some of the earlier seasons and I really don't get the love for Meghan Flaherty here. All 3 of her seasons, especially #5 she came across as rude and entitled. I don't recall anyone else being called into the office for being rude and unfriendly to the others in training camp like she was her first year as a TCC. Her talking head moment during #5 auditions she commented that she did not know anyone else brought into TC a third time that didn't make the team so she thought she was a shoo-in.

Judy pegged her correctly: she prepared really well for auditions but cannot handle the daily grind of camp. OTOH, anyone who brings K & J down a peg has something going for them, just not enough to counteract the attitude. 

The love on this forum for Meghan isn't something you can necessarily pick up on if you aren't an MTT super fan.

Think about WHY she was the first DCC training camp candidate in history to be invited back for a third time.

Think about the kind of convincing it would have taken for her to put herself through that kind of grind for a THIRD summer.

And then think about what Judy has said repeatedly (even way back then) about TCC. "We can't keep taking them into camp if they haven't improved, it's too hard on us and them."

My point is that Meghan HADN'T improved, and everybody (including CMT) knew it, except for poor Meghan. They brought her back because they knew viewers were invested in her story, and would watch to see if she made the team.

What you're seeing in her cut scene is her realizing she's been manipulated and lied to for the sake of ratings. Her telling K & J "You have no hearts" is probably the most  polite "Fuck you, I know what you're doing and why" in all of reality TV.

And she's the only TCC or DCC that's ever done it. And that's why we love Meghan Flaherty.

Edited by An Offt
Forgot about Brennan!
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, An Offt said:

Think about WHY she was the only DCC training camp candidate in history to be invited back for a third time.

So was Brennan, no?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Has anyone else ever noticed in Season Six when they're doing Kalli Fullerton's intro that she's sitting on her bed and pulls out a pink training camp practice top however it's only prelims at that point?

Edited by tarheel220
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, tarheel220 said:

Has anyone else ever noticed in Season Six when they're doing Kalli Fullerton's intro that she's sitting on her bed and pulls out a pink training camp practice top however it's only prelims at that point?

No I'll have to rewatch that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

Their editing is not the best 

• Love 8
(edited)

Season 6 had some of the worst editing. Like when 5 girls are called into the office in episode 7. They show Marie Lynne get called in first. It was 10:05 when she enters the office. Then they call Kamilah in. When she leaves, it's 9:58 and then they call Stephanie in. When Stephanie goes in, it's all of a sudden 9:50.

I have started to pay way too much attention to detail just looking for inconsistencies, and there's no shortage of them. That's why none of our conspiracies around the power of their editing things to fit a certain narrative are too far-fetched. They can manipulate so much with editing.

Edited by ShutterbugCAM
Added an opinion
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I have started to pay way too much attention to detail just looking for inconsistencies, and there's no shortage of them.

Like those pictures where you are supposed to circle the error...lol. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, StellaCL said:

Taylor’s kicks were so bad and she had something going on with a jaw alignment, overbite issue. If they had kept her, I would have thrown something at the tv. I would never of given her a spot in training camp.

She was annoying as hell.  She did not seem like a DCC at all to me, other than being attractive in a generic way.  

On 7/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, Opine said:

I can't even watch that episode or I will have to buy a new TV because I THREW MY SHOE AT IT!!!!  What staged bull shit crap was that?  You know there was a backroom meeting where Char/Kelli said we have to get rid of her because of _________ (I have no idea why, she never was the most gorgeous DCC but it's not like she got worse looking than when she made the team.  And dear Brenda jumped up and said "I'll create some drama and make it happen so you guys will keep me as a judge!  I'd just love a chance to kiss your asses!!!!".  

Lol.  I really didn't understand what was so bad about her dress.

On 7/10/2021 at 6:16 PM, GBDCCfan said:

Just binge watched some of the earlier seasons and I really don't get the love for Meghan Flaherty here. All 3 of her seasons, especially #5 she came across as rude and entitled. I don't recall anyone else being called into the office for being rude and unfriendly to the others in training camp like she was her first year as a TCC. Her talking head moment during #5 auditions she commented that she did not know anyone else brought into TC a third time that didn't make the team so she thought she was a shoo-in.

I never thought she should have been a DCC.  She wasn't a strong dancer and she seemed socially awkward and very hard to understand when she spoke.  (Not trying to make fun of her, but K&J have always insisted that the girls have to well-spoken).  

But I do think she was right to call out K&J.  I think she thought they brought her back JUST to  cut her, for TV drama.  I don't know if that was the case, but it did seem pointless to bring her back when she had never seemed to be a strong candidate in the first place, and hadn't shown massive improvement as a dancer or anything.

On 7/10/2021 at 7:45 PM, MrsEVH said:

Now I  remember.  Kim  was a former Mavs dancer. She was the one who helped Tessa when she fell and hurt her leg in TC. 

That scene upsets me because they have a girl who is clearly seriously injured, and they call up one of the other candidates because she works for a physical therapist?  Shouldn't they have actual medical staff on hand for rehearsals?  And most tv shows have paramedics on set as well, don't they?

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, 88Keys said:

I never thought she should have been a DCC.  She wasn't a strong dancer and she seemed socially awkward and very hard to understand when she spoke.  (Not trying to make fun of her, but K&J have always insisted that the girls have to well-spoken).  

That scene upsets me because they have a girl who is clearly seriously injured, and they call up one of the other candidates because she works for a physical therapist?  Shouldn't they have actual medical staff on hand for rehearsals?  And most tv shows have paramedics on set as well, don't they?

They have athletic trainers on call (not necessarily in the room during rehearsal but in the complex) for any rehearsals and performances.  I don't know why we didn't really see the trainer(s) for that particular injury, but we've seen them many times in different seasons.  

And I totally agree about Meghan, she never should have been asked back for a third time.  I wasn't impressed with her in the first two seasons.  She was pretty but there's no way they could have had her do any kind of media appearance.

Edited by aeroluv327
added
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Sometimes I wonder if the media/appearance thing is a liiiitle bit exaggerated by Kelli. Meghan seemed to. be fine with the Stars.

Well, Kelli seems to expect the girls to be consulted by high-ranking politicians, heads of state and the like who expect to hold in-depth conversations about esoteric political issues and scholarly debates about hot-button issues.   It's not like the bulk of the people the girls are meeting are regular, everyday people who just want to talk about regular, everyday things. 

I think more girls would pass the interview phase if Kelli actually had GOOD questions to through at them.   The occasional curveball is okay to see how a girl thinks on her feet, but the interview questions seem so random and esoteric, no wonder some of the girls flunk (especially if Kelli wants to have a reason to dump them).

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

What are your favorite and least favorite seasons? 

My favorite seems to be season 10, partly because of weird nostalgia for 2015, even though I didn't watch any of this show until 2019. I also liked the rookies here. And I thought a lot of the cuts were likable, too. 

My least favorite (ignoring the super early seasons because I don't care for them/watch them as much) is either season 7 or 11. Season 7 annoys the hell out of me, and I can't really pinpoint exactly why. I think because it goes on FOREVER, and I don't care about anything that happens after the team announcement. I don't care about swimsuit calendar shoots and fashion shows, bleh. And a number of the rookies were unlikable or meh to me. Like Teri and Chelsea. And the team was expanded for the likes of them, lol.

Season 11 is really weirdly boring to me for some reason. It rubs me the wrong way. Like, when it's playing on Pluto, I'll choose something else to put on in the background, and idk why lmao

• Love 3

I like season 8 - It was nice to see Jinelle make it, I liked Morgan (I know, I know LOL), and it was the season of "the fatties."

I'm also not a fan of season 7, also because it is sooooo long! And that monotone cheer guy's voice (5-6-7-8) & nonstop practice for the breast cancer halftime...ugh! It wasn't too long ago I realized that was a certain legacy's final year, so of course they had to drag the season out as well as showcase her special acrobatic talent (not sarcasm, I do think she was good at it).

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I was also not a fan of Season 7. Cassie getting all of those undeserved opportunities just rubbed me wrong, and I also disliked Chelsea and didn't enjoy her extended screen time. Season 12 and beyond never make it to my binge-watching nights either.

Season 6 is my absolute favorite.  The Taylor drama wasn't great, but it was entertaining at times.  I just loved how big the rookie class was and how many great gals there were to root for.

• Love 7

My least favorite season is probably Season 5. It felt like every TCC was cut that year. Only 8 rookies, most of which didn't last more than 2 Seasons (only Nicole Bulcher & Lauren Williams did more than 2 years). The squad was in full rebuild mode after that disaster, which led me into 1 of my 2 favorite seasons.

Season 6, and Season 13 are my 2 favorite seasons. Season 6 was just so much more entertaining to me than Season 5, and had memorable moments and TCCs that we still talk about often. Season 13 had probably my favorite rookie cast (Season 10 is a close 2nd) and was full of drama/action IMO.

Honorable mention for favorite goes to Season 10. Great rookie class with some superstars (KaShara, Holly) and was a pretty exciting season, with memorable (to me) TCCs.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I like season 8 - It was nice to see Jinelle make it, I liked Morgan (I know, I know LOL), and it was the season of "the fatties."

I like season 8 a lot, too. LOL I liked Morgan, too! She seemed so genuine and earnest. Do we know if she had any dance background? I don't remember her mentioning literally a thing about it

7 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Season 13 had probably my favorite rookie cast (Season 10 is a close 2nd) and was full of drama/action IMO

Yessss, I like season 13 a lot, too. So many amazing rookies

• Love 2
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

What are your favorite and least favorite seasons? 

My least favorite season is tied between season 13 because of the intense focus on Victoria and Meredith (and Dayton to a lesser degree) and season 14 because of Hannah's and Brennan's cuts. 

My favorite season is probably Season 2 because of the strong rookie class AND it has some of my favorite girls ever to be on the squad.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh this is a good question! 

Season 3 is one of my favorites. If it was a FRIENDS episode it’d be called The One With All The Jordans. (Although the downside was Brandy and Sunni getting cut). Close runner up is Season 6, even in spite of the Taylor drama. Or maybe because of all the Taylor drama.  And Kaitlyn LeGrand drama. And all the audition drama with Charlotte hating on poor Anne Lux. 

My least favorites were also 7 and 8. There were parts of each of those I liked, but the totality of those seasons puts them pretty low on my list.

Loved most of girls in Season 7 rookie class but yeah the season went on faaaar too long. I really liked them continuing into the season but the weirdest stuff was highlighted. They basically skipped right over the first home game - it was like pregame and the very next frame was Kelli congratulating them on a good game. Then they went right to the Susan G Komen halftime. Oh and Kelli’s need to keep Emily even though she was obviously in over her head. The focus on her was a little overwhelming. Not shocked she lasted only 1 year. 

Or at least I thought the Season 7 focus on Emily was overwhelming. UNTIL WE GOT TO SEASON 8. Jeez. Season 8 was WAY TOO MUCH Morgan and Kaitlyn. Every time I watch it, I hope it’s going to be different. But, no, it never is. I’ll edit to add, that I like Morgan’s personality! Just not the fact that the camera was perpetually stuck in her face.   

“The fatties are still on the team!” will forever crack my shit up though. Not that I disagreed with Chelsea but damn girl. Go home and be a snarky bitch behind closed doors. Not in front of the cameras. CMT is not your friend.

For some reason I can never remember Season 11. The year of the infamous Kat-cut out dress. Hilarious Candace Romo as a judge. Caila’s complete interview fail. Auto Amy finally making TC. Kelsey Lowrance finally making it to TC. And being told she dances like “chewy bacon”! Both Maddie and Kelsey Making The Team. Our introduction to Tasha, Heather, and Maggie.  Yukos visa troubles. Jinelle getting sick. And yet still I always have to think, “Who was in season 11? Was there a season 11?

I also have a challenge, maybe an addition to our DCC MTT bingo: count the number of times a girl says “nerve racking.” The ever popular, “I promised myself/said I wasn’t going to cry” runs a close 2nd. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 5