Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, kalibean said:

It was just so weird that they took 34, and then KFin later said that she wished she had taken Courtney, something like that.  I'm like well good grief lady.  Some years they're struggling to get below 40 and I'm like here's six that can easily go.  And then they cut good ones to get to 34.  Alrighty then.

I always roll my eyes when I think of how needlessly bloated the season 7 squad was

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I liked Courtney.  Didn't they say something about they didn't like her feet?

I think it was something like having a sickle foot when kicking. Not a dancer so I don't know what that means.

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think it was something like having a sickle foot when kicking. Not a dancer so I don't know what that means.

Usually means your foot is inverted slightly, rolling in on your instep. Hard to explain it without doing it! You need all your ankle strength to point your foot as straight as possible. I've noticed several DCC have floppy feet despite their flexibility. Current DCC Amber is one who springs to mind straight away. In her rookie year, she didn't fully engage her ankle and stretch all the way to her toes in her kicks. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I liked Courtney.  Didn't they say something about they didn't like her feet?

I always laugh hysterically when their feet are criticized. Yeah, they'd have even more male appeal if only they had better feet 🙄😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, ByTor said:

I always laugh hysterically when their feet are criticized. Yeah, they'd have even more male appeal if only they had better feet 🙄😂

And half the foot issues can't be seen in the boots!

• Love 5
On 7/30/2021 at 9:58 PM, DCC-UK said:

I've noticed several DCC have floppy feet despite their flexibility

Being 'floppy' and very flexible makes complete sense to me. It's all about moving/bending your body easily, definitely within your muscles and joints. It often goes hand in hand with being too flexible and not being able to fully control that (guess that explains the floppy feet DCC-UK referred to).

Worst case scenario, very flexible people tend to easily dislocate joints which can be incredibly painful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

No purpose to this post other than I can never get over Charlotte’s outfit choice and hair in Season 3 when I catch the reruns. This was 2007. The late 00s were some of my favorite years for fashion, but her look was just appallingly bad. It’s even worse on video than a still shot!

1ADFEFC7-D96F-46F1-B3D7-977B3495B98C.jpeg

Edited by StellaCL
Fixed date
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

No purpose to this post other than I can never get over Charlotte’s outfit choice and hair in Season 3 when I catch the reruns. This was 2007. The late 00s were some of my favorite years for fashion, but her look was just appallingly bad. It’s even worse on video than a still shot!

And you just know she paid a grip for it.  I always wondered if she pissed off her stylist that year.

Also, Charlotte has always needed the advice of Kelli's grandmother - "five pounds takes off five years!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Charlotte’s outfit choice and hair in Season 3 when I catch the reruns.

For me the worst outfit is kelli (just a few years ago maybe 3) wearing those knee high brown boots bebopping across the rehearsal room.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

For me the worst outfit is kelli (just a few years ago maybe 3) wearing those knee high brown boots bebopping across the rehearsal room.

Wasn't that when that country singer gave her and Judy a pair?

20 hours ago, LilyD said:

Being 'floppy' and very flexible makes complete sense to me. It's all about moving/bending your body easily, definitely within your muscles and joints. It often goes hand in hand with being too flexible and not being able to fully control that (guess that explains the floppy feet DCC-UK referred to).

Worst case scenario, very flexible people tend to easily dislocate joints which can be incredibly painful.

I am one of those people. In falls from horses, missing a step and falling off the porch 3 feet on one leg and having the ankle completely turn over, etc. my ligaments, tendons, etc. will literally stretch so the bone doesn't break. While I have had broken bones, most of my injuries are sprains or dislocations with ligament damage. Sprains can take much longer than breaks to heal and the ligaments never return to being tight, so I am more prone to more sprains and dislocations. It's a blessing and a curse!

I usually notice the gals who are stiff and the gals who are "too flexible". The first gals pay for it now in not being able to perform some of the moves, the second group pays for it later in damage to ligaments, tendons, etc. Ya just can't win!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Wasn't that when that country singer gave her and Judy a pair?

I don't think so but I'll try to find a pic.  But you absolutely may be correct.  This was during her "walk out and turn off the lights" segment.

• LOL 3
22 hours ago, LilyD said:

Kat was a perfect example of that!! Maddie was a flexed foot kicker...and bent towards her leg to make it look higher...drove me nuts🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 4
3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't think so but I'll try to find a pic.  But you absolutely may be correct.  This was during her "walk out and turn off the lights" segment.

Now I know what you're talking about. 

I was thinking of the brown cowboy boots the singer gave to K&J because they gave her some white DCC boots. The boots were from her own line. K& J both got up and danced in front of the girls.

18 hours ago, StellaCL said:

That woman is a hot mess!  The outfit just doesn't work.  However, I bet she has a personal shopper.  Hopefully her taste isn't that bad!  And the hair is just an awful lot for a tiny body, but it is gorgeous hair.  Obviously she has had a lot of facial work.  Can anyone identify it?  A nosejob and a tightening?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Opine said:

That woman is a hot mess!  The outfit just doesn't work.  However, I bet she has a personal shopper.  Hopefully her taste isn't that bad!  And the hair is just an awful lot for a tiny body, but it is gorgeous hair.  Obviously she has had a lot of facial work.  Can anyone identify it?  A nosejob and a tightening?

I have to say Charlotte had some nice plastic surgery done for the win over the years. I am all for it when it’s complimentary and not over the top. She dresses pretty classy these days, a different personal shopper and larger wardrobe budget, no doubt! 😆

• Love 3
On 8/3/2021 at 10:05 PM, StellaCL said:

Goodness, that’s terrible. I honestly feel like Judy is the only one of the 3 who consistently looks nice. Some of Kelli’s outfits are also horrendous. 

• Love 8
On 7/22/2021 at 4:49 PM, MrsEVH said:

OMG

221952326_4744814452199837_3855822719480

I can't see it!! 😭 But if it's from her IG or FB, none is needed. She has such a low self-esteem to constantly posting selfies and needing that affirmation that she is pretty. 🙄

Edited by rl27rl
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

The well known Malena cut was manufactured. Malena was miles off, had a pattern of not being able to remember routines (was the first Flight Crew member that didn’t dance - do you think that Denise Garvey isn’t able to tell if someone messes up? Denise is a ex-DCC) and they (TPTB) kept her to be cut for drama’s sake.

I'm kind of torn about this. A part of me agrees it was all for the drama. Another part of me thinks that Kelli knew Malena would have been a great ambassador (as evidenced by her Flight Crew experience) and she's obviously very pretty, and because of that, Kelli thought that somehow TC would make her memory improve enough that she would have been able to make the team.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I'm kind of torn about this. A part of me agrees it was all for the drama. Another part of me thinks that Kelli knew Malena would have been a great ambassador (as evidenced by her Flight Crew experience) and she's obviously very pretty, and because of that, Kelli thought that somehow TC would make her memory improve enough that she would have been able to make the team.

I'm with you on this.  I think Kelli really, really, really wanted her on the team.  I feel the same way about Alexandra from season 9 (my least favorite season OF. ALL. TIME.). And thus Kelli held out for Malena as long as she possibly could.  Where things went wrong IMO, is when Malena started seriously talking about quitting her amazing, career position at SMU to make this squad.  That should have shaken up Kelli a bit to be 100% dead on realistic about Malena's chances.  And if she had any doubt, she should have let Malena go so she didn't light her career on fire.  Academia has a long, hateful memory.  

At least when Courtney quit her pharmaceutical sales rep position (also season 9, the season of misery, fat camp and discontent but also the source of one of my favorite lines ever, thanks MRS) Courtney had been clear all along that her number one priority was DCC and that's 100% why she had moved to Dallas.  Kelli helped her find a new position quickly, as well.  It just didn't seem the same with Malena.  Tho maybe my memory was faulty.

Edited by kalibean
Correcting Season 8 to Season 9.
  • Love 5

You know, while I'm here...let me mention the things that make season 9 terrible, along with two things that stand out as bright spots.  Any time I've clicked Pluto on this past week I swear it's been airing.

I'll start with the positives:

• MRS with the best one liner of all time, when Vivian says that she has a self confidence problem.  MRS:  You hide it well.
  • Two, when Kelli is so upset about letting Alexandra go from camp, and how she talks about having a great attitude is so important for the team.  And that she'd almost rather have someone like Alexandra in camp instead of an amazing dancer.  It's not long after she says that when Erica gets a little camera time, and it makes me snicker every time, like a little bit of foreshadowing about how much drama Erica brought to the table.  (Tho hooray for her lawsuit resulting in overall better pay for the DCC.  Life and people certainly walk in shades of gray.)
  • Melissa Wallace is fabulous.  So is Mary.  
  • Holly/Jacie/Emma triangle, one of my very favorites ever.

But the negatives:

• The season of the "chunky" camp
    • Poor Veronica raked over the coals, tho at least she gets offered My Fit Foods.  Hannah is inexplicably not given that same opportunity, tho it was mentioned a few times through the season that she had been on WW all through her rookie season.  And Hannah herself seemed a little smirky and weird about it.
    • Chelsea and her bitch fit to the cameras about the fat kids. (tho her cut came about a season and two episodes late for me.)
    • Courtney having to get down to her 8th grade weight and quitting a really great career position to make the team and then bail after one year because it clearly wasn't all that and a bag of chips for her in the end.  Makes me sad for her that it wasn't everything she wanted it to be for at least a couple years.
    • Awesome Megan and her thutt that apparently a custom made garment couldn't disguise.  Also, whatever.  Her ass was great.
  • Tho truly, any camera time with Chelsea is annoying IMO.  She was a negative of season 7 too with her earnest, fake attitude.
  • Kelli acting like she'd never seen a black woman's hair before, or dealt with a "unit" when half the women on the squad have extensions or hair help.  Maybe more.
  • Tina K calling Chandler a grandma.  I too agree that Chandler maybe isn't HD friendly, but COME ON NOW.  And Kelli's talking head after that with her serious face when she was just giggling with TK a moment before was ridiculous.  
  • Breelan and Calia, why did they even make the squad?
  • Christina, always full of excuses
  • Vivian.  Vivian Vivian Vivian.
    • Lucid Dreams
    • Self Absorbed
    • Convinced only her body kept her off the squad the year before
    • No personal growth
    • thousands of "fans" on facebook

I assume I'm missing a few things that I disliked, but really, there's PLENTY here already.

• Love 13

Courtney quitting her sales rep job didn't really bother me. If she moved to Dallas for the position, for sure it would bother me a lot, but she only took the job because she moved to Dallas for DCC and needed rent money. I'm actually glad she quit & gave someone else the opportunity.

• Love 6

Every time I see Season 12 finals I get sad that Taryn was cut, if you look in the background while Yuko is doing her solo, Taryn has a giant, beautiful smile on her face tapping her toes and saying "yes" for Yuko. Taryn would've been such a great DCC & teammate... For reference that was Lauren/Gina/Tara/Savannah... rookie season

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Every time I see Season 12 finals I get sad that Taryn was cut, if you look in the background while Yuko is doing her solo, Taryn has a giant, beautiful smile on her face tapping her toes and saying "yes" for Yuko. Taryn would've been such a great DCC & teammate... For reference that was Lauren/Gina/Tara/Savannah... rookie season

I always thought Taryn looked like E.T. - the Extra Terrestrial. Not a comment on her dancing, agree she would have been great on the team.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Emma C said:

I always thought Taryn looked like E.T. - the Extra Terrestrial. Not a comment on her dancing, agree she would have been great on the team.

Ohhhhhh I can see that, a very pretty E.T. I mean E.T. was just adorable in his own way... :-)

• LOL 2
48 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Every time I see Season 12 finals I get sad that Taryn was cut

I agree! The ones I'm always sorry about not making it, and I think they would have been great, are Taryn and Celinda.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

You know, while I'm here...let me mention the things that make season 9 terrible, along with two things that stand out as bright spots.  Any time I've clicked Pluto on this past week I swear it's been airing.

• Chelsea and her bitch fit to the cameras about the fat kids. (tho her cut came about a season and two episodes late for me.)

• Tho truly, any camera time with Chelsea is annoying IMO.  She was a negative of season 7 too with her earnest, fake attitude.

1 Minor nitpick here. Chelsea wasn't on that season. She made the team Season 7 and got cut for the "fatties" incident in Season 8. Don't hate me LOL

2 hours ago, kalibean said:

• Tina K calling Chandler a grandma.  I too agree that Chandler maybe isn't HD friendly, but COME ON NOW.  And Kelli's talking head after that with her serious face when she was just giggling with TK a moment before was ridiculous.  

Completely agree. TK saying that about Chandler left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially because Chandler seemed like the sweetest girl. I just felt she didn't deserve to be talked about like that.

I've been convinced that Breelan, Caila, and Ashley Pro made the team because they wanted to justify MRS' Mentor Role. It would have looked bad if the 3 girls she helped the most all were cut.

Although I will say that Caila must have really turned it on throughout the year and in the offseason, because she scored in the TOP 5 out of EVERYONE at finals the next season, and we never heard about her struggling again until she was cut for weight (and possibly extra-curriculars) in Season 11. I also felt Caila looked great (both physically and dance-wise) in her dance practice videos leading up to that season. Her body just filled out.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I agree! The ones I'm always sorry about not making it, and I think they would have been great, are Taryn and Celinda.

OMG yes for Celinda too! She was just adorable and seemed like a sweet young lady... 

• Love 2

I couldn't stand TK any time she was on the screen.  We all know the DCC "sisterhood" isn't all it's cracked up to be, but at least try to fool us a bit?  TK just screams bratty, entitled housewife with nothing more productive to do than live in her DCC past.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

1 Minor nitpick here. Chelsea wasn't on that season. She made the team Season 7 and got cut for the "fatties" incident in Season 8. Don't hate me LOL

Completely agree. TK saying that about Chandler left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially because Chandler seemed like the sweetest girl. I just felt she didn't deserve to be talked about like that.

I've been convinced that Breelan, Caila, and Ashley Pro made the team because they wanted to justify MRS' Mentor Role. It would have looked bad if the 3 girls she helped the most all were cut.

Although I will say that Caila must have really turned it on throughout the year and in the offseason, because she scored in the TOP 5 out of EVERYONE at finals the next season, and we never heard about her struggling again until she was cut for weight (and possibly extra-curriculars) in Season 11. I also felt Caila looked great (both physically and dance-wise) in her dance practice videos leading up to that season. Her body just filled out.

Haha no hate here! The ghost of Chelsea lived on via My Fit Foods I guess  it just lingered for me 😂😂

And Caila came in strong sophomore year, so true. She was one who really benefitted from making the team and getting that year of experience. I didn’t think she should have made it her rookie year, tho, based on what they had in the show. And as for her third year, I think she just started enjoying the clubs and cocktails (like so many young women!) which contributed to her weight gain. Did she get called out on the show for being underage in clubs? I remember a lot of pics floating around at the time. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Haha no hate here! The ghost of Chelsea lived on via My Fit Foods I guess  it just lingered for me 😂😂

And Caila came in strong sophomore year, so true. She was one who really benefitted from making the team and getting that year of experience. I didn’t think she should have made it her rookie year, tho, based on what they had in the show. And as for her third year, I think she just started enjoying the clubs and cocktails (like so many young women!) which contributed to her weight gain. Did she get called out on the show for being underage in clubs? I remember a lot of pics floating around at the time. 

I don't think they mentioned her clubbing on the show at all. They made it appear that it was 100% about her weight, but as we've seen, they give some girls (S8-9 Hannah initially, Tasha) the benefit of the doubt when they pick up weight and still bring them into Training Camp. As strong as Caila was her 2nd year, I'd think they would give her the same benefit of the doubt, but they just cut their losses, which definitely means the clubbing had to have been the deciding factor.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, kalibean said:

I'll start with the positives:

• MRS with the best one liner of all time, when Vivian says that she has a self confidence problem.  MRS:  You hide it well.
  • Two, when Kelli is so upset about letting Alexandra go from camp, and how she talks about having a great attitude is so important for the team.  And that she'd almost rather have someone like Alexandra in camp instead of an amazing dancer.  It's not long after she says that when Erica gets a little camera time, and it makes me snicker every time, like a little bit of foreshadowing about how much drama Erica brought to the table.  (Tho hooray for her lawsuit resulting in overall better pay for the DCC.  Life and people certainly walk in shades of gray.)
  • Melissa Wallace is fabulous.  So is Mary.  
  • Holly/Jacie/Emma triangle, one of my very favorites ever.

But the negatives:

• The season of the "chunky" camp
    • Poor Veronica raked over the coals, tho at least she gets offered My Fit Foods.  Hannah is inexplicably not given that same opportunity, tho it was mentioned a few times through the season that she had been on WW all through her rookie season.  And Hannah herself seemed a little smirky and weird about it.
    • Courtney having to get down to her 8th grade weight and quitting a really great career position to make the team and then bail after one year because it clearly wasn't all that and a bag of chips for her in the end.  Makes me sad for her that it wasn't everything she wanted it to be for at least a couple years.
    • Awesome Megan and her thutt that apparently a custom made garment couldn't disguise.  Also, whatever.  Her ass was great.
  • Kelli acting like she'd never seen a black woman's hair before, or dealt with a "unit" when half the women on the squad have extensions or hair help.  Maybe more.
  • Christina, always full of excuses
  • Vivian.  Vivian Vivian Vivian.
    • Lucid Dreams
    • Self Absorbed
    • Convinced only her body kept her off the squad the year before
    • No personal growth
    • thousands of "fans" on facebook

I assume I'm missing a few things that I disliked, but really, there's PLENTY here already.

If I could ❤️This 10 times I would !

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I don't think they mentioned her clubbing on the show at all. They made it appear that it was 100% about her weight, but as we've seen, they give some girls (S8-9 Hannah initially, Tasha) the benefit of the doubt when they pick up weight and still bring them into Training Camp. As strong as Caila was her 2nd year, I'd think they would give her the same benefit of the doubt, but they just cut their losses, which definitely means the clubbing had to have been the deciding factor.

Caila also tanked her interview the year she got cut, she couldn't tell them why Donald Trump wanted to build a wall.  I wasn't aware of the clubbing stuff, but that makes sense, too.  

I remember she moved up a LOT in the squad photo her second year, too.  I always thought she was a good dancer, just nervous in the training camp environment.  She had a great DCC look when she was at her strongest.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, dallasmiss said:

I cannot remember if she every tried out… Christina Ligi, former TCU showgirl and DCC gina’s sister, made the Dallas Stars Ice Girls! Back row second from the right 

F926687B-F03C-4107-BE93-230FFEC6A49B.jpeg

That’s not Gina’s sister that’s Alexa May 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

Caila also tanked her interview the year she got cut, she couldn't tell them why Donald Trump wanted to build a wall.  I wasn't aware of the clubbing stuff, but that makes sense, too.  

I remember she moved up a LOT in the squad photo her second year, too.  I always thought she was a good dancer, just nervous in the training camp environment.  She had a great DCC look when she was at her strongest.

That's right, and considering she had tweeted about the very topic, likely felt called out and froze on the spot.  She could have given 1000 acceptable answers, or even a non answer, but just didn't have the emotional maturity to handle that situation well.  Kat would have deflected with humor, Tasha would have apologized gracefully, etc.  

I feel for Caila.  She was super young when she tried out and had also been a Jr. DCC.  That's a lot of pressure she put on herself and then made a lot of immature choices like so many do at that age.  Add a little weight gain and you've got a third year vet cut.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dallasmiss said:

I cannot remember if she every tried out… Christina Ligi, former TCU showgirl and DCC gina’s sister, made the Dallas Stars Ice Girls! Back row second from the right 

F926687B-F03C-4107-BE93-230FFEC6A49B.jpeg

Ummm that bouquet of ladies needs to be blended all the blondes in the front minus one where is Judy when you need her... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

Ummm that bouquet of ladies needs to be blended all the blondes in the front minus one where is Judy when you need her... 

Those are 7 of the returning vets in the front row plus 4 in the 2nd row. Eleven vets auditioned and all them made it back. Last year the DSIG had a squad of 19 vets only so 8 must have retired.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Those are all the returning vets in the front row plus some in the 2nd row too.  Eleven vets auditioned and all them made it back. 

I love that all the vets made it back 

On 7/23/2021 at 6:07 PM, ByTor said:

Watching Pluto now. Vivian did her poem, and Kelli is talking to Ashley Pro in the office. I never noticed, Kelli is wearing the "airport do" top from the Belk fashion show LOL

image.thumb.png.08da785a8c942653b2ac8ab03a66c515.png

Rachel Lunsford was the one who modeled it in that episode and she looked FANTASTIC in the full outfit she was sporting. Rachel has always been one of my top 3 DCC redheads along with Emma Mary and Stephaine Lawson, which is funny as in earlier tryouts before she finally made the team you can see Stephanie as a dark brunette and it was a very unappealing hair color for her. Her change to a redhead was big for her as it totally changed her look and was very attractive.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Trulyadorkable said:

Rachel Lunsford was the one who modeled it in that episode and she looked FANTASTIC in the full outfit she was sporting. Rachel has always been one of my top 3 DCC redheads along with Emma Mary and Stephaine Lawson, which is funny as in earlier tryouts before she finally made the team you can see Stephanie as a dark brunette and it was a very unappealing hair color for her. Her change to a redhead was big for her as it totally changed her look and was very attractive.

Agree with all of this! I hate when girls have to pull out of camp through injury so tend to root for them the following year.

Stephanie looks very run of the mill as a brunette (still gorgeous but not as striking). The red certainly makes her stand out more!

Hannah is also in my top redheads group!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, kalibean said:

That's right, and considering she had tweeted about the very topic, likely felt called out and froze on the spot.  She could have given 1000 acceptable answers, or even a non answer, but just didn't have the emotional maturity to handle that situation well.  Kat would have deflected with humor, Tasha would have apologized gracefully, etc.  

I feel for Caila.  She was super young when she tried out and had also been a Jr. DCC.  That's a lot of pressure she put on herself and then made a lot of immature choices like so many do at that age.  Add a little weight gain and you've got a third year vet cut.

Oh, she had tweeted about the wall?  That's weird.  But I agree, I think sometimes the way you answer a question even when you don't know the answer makes a big difference.  Caila just came across as an airhead.

14 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

Oh, she had tweeted about the wall?  That's weird.  But I agree, I think sometimes the way you answer a question even when you don't know the answer makes a big difference.  Caila just came across as an airhead.

I imagine Jay's thought process behind asking her that question was to see how much she actually knew about a topic she was publicly discussing via tweets.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I imagine Jay's thought process behind asking her that question was to see how much she actually knew about a topic she was publicly discussing via tweets.

Jay's delivery was about as eloquent as her answer. Why he's in interviews, I don't know. Something about the way he asks questions, he just doesn't seem comfortable. I'd put Kristi Scales in there instead (she's fab anyway but interviews for a living).

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I'd put Kristi Scales in there instead (she's fab anyway but interviews for a living).

Ohhh I LOVE Kristi!!! But yeah, they'd never use her for interviews, she wouldn't bring the required drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9