Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/25/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, kiddo said:

Did I hear her say “accelerating” rather than “excelling” when talking about her kids’ accomplishments? 

Perhaps Bitsy is PUSHING her children and she doesn't realize they're "accelerating" to get away from her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Can I say a thing about Joy and the check? 

In my experience, the guys I know are usually more ready to split a check evenly (like if there are 3 couples out to dinner, each couple pays a third), where the women I know are more likely to want to pay for what they each had. It's not hard and fast, but among the people I know, that's how it trends.

I don't usually drink. I also prefer to split the check evenly (like the guys I know). It's just easier and less petty. That said, when there's someone at the table who only had something like soup, whereas I had a bigger meal, and a third person might have had what I had, plus a glass of wine, I'll grab the check and propose a modified split, where the friend who had a meal and wine, and I, will each pay the same, and it's more than soup-person pays.

If no one's hurting for cash, I always wish the other non-drinkers would just shut up and split the check evenly and be done with it. I never deeply care either way, as long as nobody's trying to screw the server on the tip. 

So part of me was a little disappointed that Joy was so petty about the lunch tab, until I realized these lushes (Sunny & Ana, if you didn't watch today) are having quite few drinks, not just one or two. 

If you're one of the drinkers at a table, and you're having three or more drinks with the meal, you should be the one to say, "Hey,  it's not fair to split this, since Joy didn't drink." Ana and Sunny shouldn't have put Joy in that position in the first place.

I know what a medium-priced glass of wine costs in my suburban area, which is hours away from New York. I can only imagine the price of a decent glass of wine in a Manhattan restaurant. 

All excellent points @General Days.  And when people make the kind of money those three do, it should not even be a quibble to split the check but what would be more likely is that one of them treats.  In this case, since Joy clearly had very little, Sunny and Ana should have just said they would split the check.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, General Days said:

If no one's hurting for cash, I always wish the other non-drinkers would just shut up and split the check evenly and be done with it.

I'm the non-drinker in the group (we're old ladies) and I don't mind buying lunch or splitting the tab equally if the other ladies had one drink.  When it comes to the frou-frou drinks, or three glasses of wine--that's another story.  It's also not fair over several years.

I recently accompanied my son on his "lifetime dream," to play golf at Pebble Beach.  We were there three days/two nights--he paid for everything including plane fare (plane paid by points).  I paid for a fabulous dinner (we don't drink alcohol), and our bill including tip was $150.  I told a friend about this (she knows we don't drink) and she actually asked, "Well what did you drink?" like that would make a difference (I had hot tea; he had Dr. Pepper).  Then I remembered, she confessed that she "always orders water," because her tab is "much less."  We coulda saved eight dollahs!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Tammee said:

I thought Tamar wasn't on the Real anymore.  I havent seen it so don't know but seemed to recall something about a firing.  Agree with your assessment though.  She won BB, and just finished another reality show.

Tamar isn't on The Real anymore hence why I've found it safe to watch since she got booted. Tamera is the host who has the identical twin sister Tia and they both were in the show Sister Sister back in the day.

Just reading about Bitsy's appearance on The View was enough for me. She may seem more tolerable to RBM at first but if she came back to the show as a host she'd be just as bad or worse. Especially knowing the fact that she had been asked back. I remember when some of us were hoping RBM would be better then Jedediah. I could at least watch and semi enjoy yelling or replying loudly at the screen to stuff she said. RBM just makes me not want to watch at all.

It's so frustrating that they have two younger hosts now who are members of the same party and spoiled rich women who grew up not wanting for much. It would have been nice if one of the two spots was a younger Democrat who could give a slightly different view then Whoopi and Joy.   

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

It's so frustrating that they have two younger hosts now who are members of the same party and spoiled rich women who grew up not wanting for much. It would have been nice if one of the two spots was a younger Democrat who could give a slightly different view then Whoopi and Joy.   

They really do need a younger panelist who hasn't lived a privileged life.  if you look at most polls (yeah I know polls can be unreliable) most younger people don't align with either party.  It would be interesting to hear from that perspective.  Abby says she is a moderate but her daily defense and sometimes outright admiration of Trump convinces me that is a lie.

• Love 21
On 3/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, rickhurst3186 said:

Ok, I'm sorry, but I have to ask....What the hell is hanging on Meggy's ears?😱

Did you notice her earrings changed 1/2 way thru the show?  I was "admiring" her big purple bead chandeliers hanging down & then next segment she had big triangular gold earrings?  I was like "what the heck"?  Maybe the purple ones were too heavy?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, General Days said:

Can I say a thing about Joy and the check? 

In my experience, the guys I know are usually more ready to split a check evenly (like if there are 3 couples out to dinner, each couple pays a third), where the women I know are more likely to want to pay for what they each had. It's not hard and fast, but among the people I know, that's how it trends.

I don't usually drink. I also prefer to split the check evenly (like the guys I know). It's just easier and less petty. That said, when there's someone at the table who only had something like soup, whereas I had a bigger meal, and a third person might have had what I had, plus a glass of wine, I'll grab the check and propose a modified split, where the friend who had a meal and wine, and I, will each pay the same, and it's more than soup-person pays.

If no one's hurting for cash, I always wish the other non-drinkers would just shut up and split the check evenly and be done with it. I never deeply care either way, as long as nobody's trying to screw the server on the tip. 

So part of me was a little disappointed that Joy was so petty about the lunch tab, until I realized these lushes (Sunny & Ana, if you didn't watch today) are having quite few drinks, not just one or two. 

If you're one of the drinkers at a table, and you're having three or more drinks with the meal, you should be the one to say, "Hey,  it's not fair to split this, since Joy didn't drink." Ana and Sunny shouldn't have put Joy in that position in the first place.

I know what a medium-priced glass of wine costs in my suburban area, which is hours away from New York. I can only imagine the price of a decent glass of wine in a Manhattan restaurant. 

I didn't even realize this was a thing, lol. I've never been around anyone that has suggested splitting a bill evenly when everyone ordered different things at different prices. It's either one person pays for everyone or everyone gets their own separate bill with what they ordered. When the server comes over at the end and asks about the bill, they say 'one bill or separate?' and if you say separate, they don't even ask how the bill needs to be split, they just come back with the bills that reflect each person's orders and will automatically split the costs accordingly for anything that has been identified as an order for the table or an order between two or more people at the table. I'm sure they would do it differently if you asked them to shift charges around or specifically ask them to split the bills evenly. It's one of the reasons I'm such a generous tipper, especially when out with my friends because the servers figure out all of that stuff for me, lol.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

I didn't even realize this was a thing, lol. I've never been around anyone that has suggested splitting a bill evenly when everyone ordered different things at different prices. It's either one person pays for everyone or everyone gets their own separate bill with what they ordered. When the server comes over at the end and asks about the bill, they say 'one bill or separate?' and if you say separate, they don't even ask how the bill needs to be split, they just come back with the bills that reflect each person's orders and will automatically split the costs accordingly for anything that has been identified as an order for the table or an order between two or more people at the table. I'm sure they would do it differently if you asked them to shift charges around or specifically ask them to split the bills evenly. It's one of the reasons I'm such a generous tipper, especially when out with my friends because the servers figure out all of that stuff for me, lol.

My friends and family always ask for separate  checks up front.  

If someone is feeling generous, then they can take care of others, or offer outright to pay for an appetizer that we all share,  but we make it clear to the wait staff, and everyone at the table,  they we are each responsible for main meal/entrees and drinks  ourselves.  

Maybe I've been burned by moochers in the past too often.

It's easier and no resentments. Remember Seinfeld's Costanza paying for Elaine 's BIG salad,  and hounding her for payback?  I get it.  

• Love 15
23 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

ELSA - NEWSFLASH - YOU DO NOT CARE ABOUT FACTS AT ALL WE CAN LIST THE WAYS YOU DO NOT  ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOUR AGENDA AND YOUR PARTY AND YES I KNOW I AM SHOUTING THIS BUT HEY THAT IS SHE DOES

LOVING JOY SHE IS SHUTTING THE TWINS DOWN LEFT AND RIGHT PUN INTENDED

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND

• LOL 5
  • Love 18

I have no idea what MM was referring to, saying she didn't have the "luxury" of.......what?   I was only half-paying attention to her, like always, but it seemed like she was - once again! - disrespecting her co-workers with that remark.

2 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Wish I could like this a thousand times. It's happening literally right now on the show. Meghan is clearly uncomfortable with the ladies bringing up Betsy DeVos's filthy rich family. I guess it's hitting a nerve.

Good.   I hope it hurt like a root canal without novocaine.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I have no idea what MM was referring to, saying she didn't have the "luxury" of.......what?   I was only half-paying attention to her, like always, but it seemed like she was - once again! - disrespecting her co-workers with that remark.

Some nonsense about how she doesn’t have the luxury of getting emotional?  And we know why?  I assume this is a veiled reference to dad, but when has she ever not been emotional?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I will say, Meghan is back to defending trump and giving advice to the Dems. 

even when Meghan doesn't specifically support trump, she very often repeats his talking points from the day before, as her own opinions, or that of "his base". 

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

But isn't that a good enough reason anyway?  DeVos knows absolutely NOTHING about public education .  she didn't go to public school, didn't teach at a public school, didn't send kids to public school.  she's completely unqualified for the job she was given, so it's no surprise she's bad at it. 

Oh for sure! Coming from wealth can really get one far in this country, and that part of the conversation appeared to bother Meghan... 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

I wish during their morning meeting (EVERY DAY) the producers would sit Megs down and explain to her the concept of The View. Women of different ages and backgrounds with different points of VIEW.  It isn't the Meghan McCain View Show. I have no problem hearing her views as long as she doesn't screech them at me and repeatedly beat me over the head with them. Damn.

• Love 22
11 hours ago, bannana said:

All excellent points @General Days.  And when people make the kind of money those three do, it should not even be a quibble to split the check but what would be more likely is that one of them treats.  In this case, since Joy clearly had very little, Sunny and Ana should have just said they would split the check.

I agree, Bannana. That's why, before I knew the lushes had FOUR glasses of wine each (AT LUNCH!!!), I was disappointed in Joy. I can't tell you the number of times one of my struggling-middle-class friends (or I) say, "Let me pick up the check." Once Joy said how much booze was involved, I felt differently, especially since I think they go out for lunch somewhat regularly (not like every single day,  but probably least once a month, if not more).

Look at this "Winter Beverages" menu from Tavern on the Green (I think The View has shown pictures of them lunching there, before). Single glasses of wine range from $12.00 to $29.00. So, let's say Ana and Sunny each had four glasses of wine each (i.e. eight total) at $20.00 a piece.  The bar bill alone would be $160.00 (not including a 20% tip). I wouldn't pay for that either, if I just had frigging soup. Ana and Sunny should have offered to pick up her bill. My lush friends are usually very generous when sufficiently soused. 

EDITED TO ADD: Currently the Tavern on the Green's lunch menu has soup listed at $12.00. That's the equivalent of one glass of their least expensive wine. I don't blame Joy one bit. 

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

RHJunkie, with the kind of splitting of splitting I was talking about, the server is only bringing one bill. But if it's for $100.00, which would be $120.00 with a tip, each of the four people would kick in $30.00 toward the bill. 

If that $120.00 (including tip) also included drinks for three of the people, and one of the people just had soup, maybe the three people would split the base bill ($100) and tell soup-guy to get the tip. Something like that.

When my friends and I go out in a group, we all tend to bring cash, so that this isn't an issue of asking the server to split the check amongst a bunch of credit or debit cards. 

Nobody is asking for four evenly split bills (I don't think they could do that with a computerized cash register system) or charge shifting.

Edited by General Days
Added soup price & menu link
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, May Jacks said:

Nutmeg saying that she wants to divorce emotion from facts is the height of irony. 

Is she serious? Ms. “IM JOHN MCCAIN’s DAUGHTER!!!” I cannot.

I’m sick of the whole panel acting like the Mueller report was released and trump was exonerated. Stop it. 

That doesn't make sense considering his own hand-picked person summarized the report as saying that it did not contain proof of collusion but it also did not fully exonerate the President of accusations brought forth.

14 minutes ago, Lilaclily said:

I  am ready to scream at my tv! Meghan McCain has just demonstrated the height, the height of hypocrisy! " you take the high road, she"'ll take the low road,...!

She performs character assassinations on a daily basis! Does she know how ridiculous it makes her look to pretend she is holier than thou, and how it invalidates anything remotely valuable she adds to the discussion?

She has said many times that she loves politics because there are winners and losers. She said just this week that Democrats can try to be the party of purity while the Republicans can be the party of winners. She has on many occasions promoted the notion of politics as being winning by any means necessary and that is exactly what's wrong with politics and it's the furthest thing from taking the high road. It's the exact opposite of the high road to condone or even encourage winning for power and influence as being more important than how you actually get there. Point being, Meghan has said and done a lot to prove that she doesn't care so much about the high road when it comes to 'winning'.

It's sad actually because I'm sure there are so many people that enter politics in hopes to make positive changes for the underprivileged and they get sucked into the game of power. You either sell your soul and adapt or you have to pack your bags and go home. It seems like those are the only two options for the large majority of politicians out there who enter the world with good intentions. 

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, General Days said:

Look at this "Winter Beverages" menu from Tavern on the Green (I think The View has shown pictures of them lunching there, before). Single glasses of wine range from $12.00 to $29.00. So, let's say Ana and Sunny each had four glasses of wine each (i.e. eight total) at $20.00 a piece.  The bar bill alone would be $160.00 (not including a 20% tip).

Would it just be cheaper to buy a bottle of wine? I don't know how many glasses are in a bottle, but I doubt a bottle would be $160!

Also, who drinks four glasses of wine in the middle of the day?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

RHJunkie, with the kind of splitting of splitting I was talking about, the server is only bringing one bill. But if it's for $100.00, which would be $120.00 with a tip, each of the four people would kick in $30.00 toward the bill. 

If that $120.00 (including tip) also included drinks for three of the people, and one of the people just had soup, maybe the three people would split the base bill ($100) and tell soup-guy to get the tip. Something like that.

When my friends and I go out in a group, we all tend to bring cash, so that this isn't an issue of asking the server to split the check amongst a bunch of credit or debit cards. 

Nobody is asking for four evenly split bills (I don't think they could do that with a computerized cash register system) or charge shifting.

Ohhh, that makes sense then if you're doing it with cash...keeps things simple. My friends and I never carry cash which is probably why this sounded so foreign to me, lol.

Joy said that she likes splitting a bill with a man when they go out together to eat. It's possible that Ana or Sunny could have offered to just cover Joy's soup and she declined to accept...but I feel like that if that had happened, Sunny is the type that I think would have mentioned it.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's possible that Ana or Sunny could have offered to just cover Joy's soup and she declined to accept...but I feel like that if that had happened, Sunny is the type that I think would have mentioned it.

After four glasses of wine?   I think those two were just a little too "happy," and thought simply splitting the check evenly was no big deal.  They still think so.

28 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Two "ladies of The View" who shall not be named?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Whoever it is, I am very jealous.

47 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

On a daily basis on The View she gets Angry.  Snarky.  Defensive.  Pouty.  Weepy.  

and to round out her Seven Dwarfs of Emotion:  Blotchy and Glowery (I know...that one's reaching).

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, General Days said:

Look at this "Winter Beverages" menu from Tavern on the Green (I think The View has shown pictures of them lunching there, before). Single glasses of wine range from $12.00 to $29.00. So, let's say Ana and Sunny each had four glasses of wine each (i.e. eight total) at $20.00 a piece.  The bar bill alone would be $160.00 (not including a 20% tip). I wouldn't pay for that either, if I just had frigging soup. Ana and Sunny should have offered to pick up her bill. My lush friends are usually very generous when sufficiently soused. 

EDITED TO ADD: Currently the Tavern on the Green's lunch menu has soup listed at $12.00. That's the equivalent of one glass of their least expensive wine. I don't blame Joy one bit.

And this bears repeating...especially the $12.00 soup!   Thanks for the research and math, General Days!  

• Love 6

I think i zoned out during the DeVos conversation because the next think I know John McCain's Daughter is saying that she follows facts.🙄  I was so lost.

scared snow white GIF

I didn't know giphy was in the comment toolbar thing. 🙌

• LOL 9
  • Love 5

I'm probably a party of one, but I didn't care for the Cher actor.  She veered into drag queen parody/impersonator to me, rather than the typical sinking into the character and portraying the essence of the person,  rather than mimicking them.

• Love 12