Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Aspyn's Royal Wedding

• Start Topic

Aspyn and Mitch are getting married with bagpipes, kilts and lots of flower girls; it's a perfect day but the officiant has lost his voice and the Browns are stressing because they now have to move to Flagstaff within a month.

It's a perfect day except the Browns are stressing over a deadline they set, for no good reason. Morons. I guess Aspyn wasn't able to keep all the talk about the move away from her wedding.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Kyanight, I would LMAO if even one of your possibilities happened.  We've seen the pictures, and I too have many questions.  We'll find out tonight (I probably won't watch until tomorrow.)  Hehe, Kootie, Mitch, and dingleberries!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Lawd I forgot all about Christines solo last wedding... let’s just not do that again.

At least this wedding is not in 40 degeee weather with fake flowers that cost more than real flowers.

And Kody isnt officiating this one either.

Cant wait to hear how stressful this move is that HAS TO HAPPEN just cause 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Wedding attire:

Beautiful wedding dress and wedding!  It was the first not crappy looking wedding!

Christine looked amazing!

I thought the hats on Janelle and Robyn looked good!

Kody in the mini kilt actually didn’t look as bad as he normally does!

Meri’s hair looked BAD!  It looked so unkempt.  But she probably expected it to be like Freezing outdoor fake flower disaster or hipster hoedown wedding where her “rolled out of bed look” would have fit right in!

Edited by Soaper410
  • Love 10

Kody thought he was pretty sexy in that kilt. His manspreading was very whoa. Aspyn's wedding was the best so far and they seemed truly happy. The family picture was nice--except for Mykelti and Tony. Beasts.

Edited by Goodnight
  • Love 18
23 minutes ago, jenifaohjenny said:

So basically Meri is not happy with her hat and ends up at the MOTHER OF THE GROOM’S house the night before the wedding until the wee hours. Because that’s what the mom wanted to focus on?! The day before her son gets married. I was feeling bad for Meri last week. This week she’s a self absorbed ass. 

Mormon Standard Time: arriving 20-30 minutes late translates as being punctual. 

They should have had their hats at least a couple of weeks before the wedding, which is how fully formed adults with as much advance notice as they had get things done in the real world. Harrumph. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

One house for the family in Flagstaff would make sense in a way.

Dayton seems like a Brown household lifer, but six of the other nine kids that are moving there will be in HS by the time they get there. They said that Gabe, Gwendlyn and Aurora will be juniors, so Ysabel will be a sophomore while Breanna and Savannah will be freshmen. And they said they'd be living in rentals for that school year anyway while the house was being built. 

So by the time they get settled in this thing, that batch of kids will be on their way out the door. They will be down to just four kids, Dayton, Truely, Solomon and Ariella. Even if Robin pops out one more, there would be a 1:1 adult to kid ratio.

They can design the house however they want, where each wife has her own wing with a locking door. Four houses would be tremendous overkill with only four or five kids going forward. 

Edited by Brutus Buckeye
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Those angelic flower girls were EVERYTHING. All flitting about like the sweetest cherubs! They looked so innocent and joyful, it melted my grinchy heart a little bit. I think if I could get married again, I would want a troop of flower girls. I loved it!

And, unlike bridesmaids who usually hate what they're forced to wear so the gowns are never seen again, those little gals will happily wear their dresses until they outgrow them and pass them down to younger relatives/friends. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Compared with Aspyn’s elegant wedding, Mykelti’s was a dumpster fire. That’s what you get, I guess, when you have a doofus banker calling the shots. Please no bride piñatas beaten to a pulp, no cheap and grubby ‘craft’ flowers, no tacos on styrofoam plates. Thank you. 

But frisbees with stupid saying written on them will be ok, right.  Nothing says klassy like throwing frisbees at a wedding.  

Ahh.  Good times.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, jenifaohjenny said:

So basically Meri is not happy with her hat and ends up at the MOTHER OF THE GROOM’S house the night before the wedding until the wee hours. Because that’s what the mom wanted to focus on?! The day before her son gets married. I was feeling bad for Meri last week. This week she’s a self absorbed ass. 

Well, had I been designing the hats, I personally would have brought a few different versions of those hats for backup because it really is a personal preference what one puts on ones head, and commits to wearing all day, and be photographed in for all posterity. I mean, isn’t it kind of a risk to take on designing a hat for someone, and hoping they love it and want to wear it at an important family wedding? I think that was pretty crazy. It’s not like a shawl that can be ditched, left on a chair. It’s kind of a big matzah ball sitting right there, plopped on her head. Did the designer run some ideas/photos/sketches past Meri along the way so that there wouldn’t be any unpleasant surprises? She should have. That’s how a real designer operates. They don’t just show up the day of with any creation. 

But I agree with you. Meri definitely is a self-absorbed ass, notwithstanding. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I loved, loved Aspyn's shoes!

I missed Aspyn's shoes, I couldn't take my eyes off Meri's wedgies...not edgy Meri to wear wedgies with a fascinator hat.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Well, had I been designing the hats, I personally would have brought a few different versions of those hats for backup because it really is a personal preference what one puts on ones head, and commits to wearing all day, and be photographed in for all posterity. I mean, isn’t it kind of a risk to take on designing a hat for someone, and hoping they love it and want to wear it at an important family wedding? I think that was pretty crazy. It’s not like a shawl that can be ditched, left on a chair. It’s kind of a big matzah ball sitting right there, plopped on her head. Did the designer run some ideas/photos/sketches past Meri along the way do that there wouldn’t be any unpleasant surprises? She should have. That’s how a real designer operates. They don’t just show up the day of with any creation. 

But I agree with you. Meri definitely is a self-absorbed ass, notwithstanding. 

I thought the purpose of the trip to Seattle was to get a feel for what the women would feel comfortable wearing.  Meri declared herself edgy, so Hannah took her at her word.  There should have at least been emails back and forth showing what Hannah was planning and how the hats would coordinate with the dresses.  No one should have been assembling the completed look the day before the wedding.

• Love 12

I cannot stand Robyn, but I thought her dress was beautiful.  I also thought Christine looked nice in the green, although I know a lot of you didn't like it.  Meri looked horrendous in her LulaNO and wedgies and poor Janelle - pretty material but AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!   Kody in his kilt looked like a potato wrapped in a handkerchief - WAY too short.  Mitch looked great in HIS kilt, but Mitch could carry it off, unlike Kody.  Aspyn is cute but very much still a little girl in how she acts and what she says sometimes.  And I agree with whoever said (in another thread) that Aspyn and Mitch dancing was really awkward - it was.  But they had fun, and that is what's important.  Beautiful wedding!  I think the man officiating should have been gracious and bowed OUT but maybe it was very important to Mitch and Aspyn that HE officiate - in which case, that's all that matters.  They all look like jack rabbits hopping up and down and flinging their hair when they dance.  Oh and Mitch's mother looked very classy and beautiful and his dad acted really strange during Kody's toast.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I thought the purpose of the trip to Seattle was to get a feel for what the women would feel comfortable wearing.  Meri declared herself edgy, so Hannah took her at her word.  There should have at least been emails back and forth showing what Hannah was planning and how the hats would coordinate with the dresses.  No one should have been assembling the completed look the day before the wedding.

Definitely should have been some sort of communication between the designer and the designee. I get that Meri fancys herself edgy, but there's edgy-and there's  EDGY. The hat made for Meri looked like a hat worn by Mama on Mama's Family. Maybe if Meri had sleeker hair in a bob or in a smooth pony down her back...I don't know. I think if you take a risk with a creation, you dial it back with a backup-just in case...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Brutus Buckeye said:

One house for the family in Flagstaff would make sense in a way.

In a normal thinking person way, yes.

However, in an abnormally obsessed with one’s polygamist religion way, no.

Kody has to facilitate SEPERATE living environments for each wife and their respective children.  The Muslim Polygamist model follows the same dogma.  As long as you can support your wives independently from each other, you have that religion’s blessing.

If ya’ll have to share a kitchen and living quarters?  PDA of one wife in front of another?  Oh helllllllllll no.  It does not surprise me at all that Kody’s wives are totally on board with that sort of arrangement, especially because I don’t think they really fancy him anyway other than access to his sperm so they can have as many children as they want and some sort of weird status in the polygamist community/church that gets them into heaven.

• Love 2

I thought it was ignernt (Utah-ese for ignorant) for four-wives-Kody to say to Mitch "Hey, you know how you start to look like who you love?" (The point being that Kody sees more red in Aspyn's hair now that she's marrying a ginger). Further along the miracle scale ... pretty amazing that their god has the time to listen to and the inclination to grant Robyn's prayers re finding a house with enough/more than enough bathrooms to satisfy her material desires. Which evidently demonstrates that their god doesn't have very much on his plate. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, suomi said:

I thought it was ignernt (Utah-ese for ignorant) for four-wives-Kody to say to Mitch "Hey, you know how you start to look like who you love?" (The point being that Kody sees more red in Aspyn's hair now that she's marrying a ginger). Further along the miracle scale ... pretty amazing that their god has the time to listen to and the inclination to grant Robyn's prayers re finding a house with enough/more than enough bathrooms to satisfy her material desires. Which evidently demonstrates that their god doesn't have very much on his plate. 

You would think that their god would have enough on his plate attending to more important matters.....like maybe Ysabel's scoliosis.  But priorities Robyn.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Well, had I been designing the hats, I personally would have brought a few different versions of those hats for backup because it really is a personal preference what one puts on ones head, and commits to wearing all day, and be photographed in for all posterity. 

When they visited Seattle, Meri tried on and wore to lunch a hat that actually looked sort of cute and Robyn and the others got exactly what they asked for in Seattle.  Maybe Hannah made that monstrosity with funeral flowers to get back at Meri for something.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4