Type keyword(s) to search

Christian Siriano: PR Winner and Mentor

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Da' Vine Randolph

I thought this was a fantastic look.  Many are saying that her performance in "Dolemite" this year was great.  I should have known Christian dressed her.  Who else?  I wonder what voluptuous women even did before Christian came along.  Sad to think about.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought this was a fantastic look.  Many are saying that her performance in "Dolemite" this year was great.  I should have known Christian dressed her.  Who else?  I wonder what voluptuous women even did before Christian came along.  Sad to think about.

I thought she looked gorgeous too. Great color on her and the style was very vivacious and joyful (as opposed to some of the other dresses I saw last night which looked somber or sad).

I liked Sarah's dress too. The cut was very flattering and it was perfect for a red carpet/award show look.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Okay, this is a miss for me on many levels, not the least of which is the fact that this is a 55-yr old woman.  This seems better suited to a much younger woman, if anyone at all.  The multi-tiered ruffles just ... no.

Everything is wrong with this awful garment. What did Laura Linney ever do to deserve this?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/6/2020 at 7:25 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Awards season is upon us! Some of the celebs who wore Christian Siriano gowns at the Golden Globes:

Sarah Snook from Succession:

One of my favorites, from what was overall a disappointing red carpet. 

• Love 2
On 1/17/2020 at 2:53 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Christian Siriano talks about PR and Leslie Jones as a guest judge:

Great interview!

I wish he would embrace his hair loss and lose the toupee. We can all see it, darling.😞

• Love 2

I have always liked Christian, since "I'm kind of a big deal" intro for his season. He is definitely a different kind of mentor than Tim. Tim was more touchy-feely, talking about how the garments made him feel. He could talk about the construction but Christian has more expertise there as a working, successful designer.

He's not as warm, but I have noticed that the designers who interact with him respectfully and thoughtfully get better, less flippant feedback. He is snarky with Sergio and others who don't seem to want his input. If you give him the back-and-forth conversation, you can get somewhere. If it's all one-sided, not so much.

• Love 11

I adored Tim Gunn. Now I can't wait for Christian's scenes. It very much is a case of Tim's mentory, professorial touch vs. Christian's I-do-this-for-a-living/been in your shoes, honey approach. Tim's views sometimes differed from the judges, where Christian seems more in tune with them. Also, I appreciate the shade, thrown only on those who ask for it.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Christian has a few very basic pieces selling at J.Jill.

https://www.jjill.com/shop/collections/christian-siriano

I wish those basic white tops weren't white. And that puffer jacket with cropped sleeves is a hard no. 

As suspected, about the only connection with Christian Siriano or his design prowess, would be when he signed the promotional contract.  That was the beginning and end of his personal involvement. 

• Love 1
On 1/18/2020 at 3:06 PM, Ashforth said:

Great interview!

I wish he would embrace his hair loss and lose the toupee. We can all see it, darling.😞

He was balding when he was a contestant.  That is his signature look and I like it.  It's the look.  Doen't need to be real.  He can change that in a decade IMHO.  Love his talented snarkey self back then.  He makes the show for me now.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, caitmcg said:

I read that little Julia Butters in the pink, who is 10, came up with her dream dress design, and Christian made it for her, which is really sweet.

She was carrying a turkey sandwich in her puse, because she said something like "I don't usually like the food at these things."  Smart girl.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

I almost posted this back when the save was announced, but I didn't, so this looks much less impressive after the fact.

But unlike Tim Gunn, I always thought that Christian would use the save on an outfit rather than a designer. Something he felt responsible for, where he felt he gave bad advice. And I could see how he felt responsible for Brittany. He encouraged her to make the satin shorts, even when she said she didn't have enough material. I can see how he could think he let Brittany down or steered her wrong as a mentor in that regard.

And that's refreshing, because it had basically become the "sob story save." Another thing to like about Christian.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I almost posted this back when the save was announced, but I didn't, so this looks much less impressive after the fact.

But unlike Tim Gunn, I always thought that Christian would use the save on an outfit rather than a designer. Something he felt responsible for, where he felt he gave bad advice. And I could see how he felt responsible for Brittany. He encouraged her to make the satin shorts, even when she said she didn't have enough material. I can see how he could think he let Brittany down or steered her wrong as a mentor in that regard.

And that's refreshing, because it had basically become the "sob story save." Another thing to like about Christian.

I thought he had suggested the satin shorts when she said she didn’t have enough of the other (print) material, which she originally only planned to use as a lining for her tuxedo jacket rather than for the full jacket. He asked, well, what about the satin? and she said yes. They ended up so short because they didn’t extend the piping all the way down on one leg and there wasn’t enough time to fix it, so she tacked the hems up.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Eolivet said:

If the rationale for the save was that he "over-mentored" he really should have used it for Chelsey.  She was heading in one direction and used his advice to end up where she did.  Granted, she  didn't have to listen but she did.  And she lost.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

If the rationale for the save was that he "over-mentored" he really should have used it for Chelsey.  She was heading in one direction and used his advice to end up where she did.  Granted, she  didn't have to listen but she did.  And she lost.

Chelsey was headed down a terrible path with her garment and Christian advised her on how to fix it. Chelsey then decided not to do that and went down another, truly terrible path. I think both of the sheer garments she made, as designed, would have gotten her the auf-ing.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Chelsey was headed down a terrible path with her garment and Christian advised her on how to fix it. Chelsey then decided not to do that and went down another, truly terrible path. I think both of the sheer garments she made, as designed, would have gotten her the auf-ing.

Both were miles better than that distressed yellow thing sent by Victoria.  

• Love 12
On 1/23/2020 at 8:05 PM, jpgr said:

I have always liked Christian, since "I'm kind of a big deal" intro for his season. He is definitely a different kind of mentor than Tim.

I loved Tim and was wary of Christian but I really like him and he is pretty funny.

• Love 6

Some good greens!  Though we can't see completely, Brittney should observe the far right gown, and realize that when you poof, you should maybe only poof once.  Edit, and then edit again.  I love the suit, and the slender, sleeveless gown. 

• Love 4

I have to admit I don't love Christian as a designer. His individual looks all point to different designers. I could never peg a red carpet dress as being 'his', like I often can with other major designers. Not sure what his actual design identity is. 

That said, I love his personality and I am surprised how much I love him as mentor for this show! He's funny, a bit acerbic, smart and VERY entertaining. I look forward to him visiting the workroom each episode! (Probably more than I did with Tim Gunn, shhhhh!)

• Love 4
On 3/8/2020 at 7:18 AM, NowVoyager said:

The After Show. No guests. A past PR contestant now works for Christian! 😍 

That's so funny. I'd have never guessed that's who'd end up working for him.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I love you, Christian, but please lose the toupee/weave. It's so distracting and obviously fake hair.

Though I have a hard time picturing him with a bald head, and think it might look strange, he really needs someone who loves him to suggest a better rug.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
Misused punctuation, as usual.
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I love you, Christian, but please lose the toupee/weave. It's so distracting and obviously fake hair.

Huh? I don't think he looks like he wears a toupee, he just has a close cropped cut.

• Love 4
On 3/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, gingerella said:

Huh? I don't think he looks like he wears a toupee, he just has a close cropped cut.

Actually, it look less like a toupee here, than it does a complicated swirl of a comb over, not unlike the CIC.  I would say that it is definitely not a close cropped cut imo.

Screenshot (185).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated