Type keyword(s) to search

Christian Siriano: PR Winner and Mentor

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Actually, it look less like a toupee here, than it does a complicated swirl of a comb over, not unlike the CIC.  I would say that it is definitely not a close cropped cut imo.

Screenshot (185).png

In that still photo, it looks much more like a rug to me than I’ve noticed on the show/in videos, but I may not have been all that observant.

• Love 2
On 3/10/2020 at 7:25 AM, Ashforth said:

I love you, Christian, but please lose the toupee/weave. It's so distracting and obviously fake hair.

I love you Christian and I love your toupee. I remember your natural hair when you were a contestant and this toupee is good for now, the look is very good.  His personality was like this when he was competing.  I don't know if it's a weave but I have seen some incredible YouTube's of creating hair primarily on black men that looks so natural when there isn't any hair.  I don't think I'm ready to see him bald; I like weird hair on him because that's all I've ever known.  Everything does it need to be real especially in the fashion world, come on.

On 3/10/2020 at 7:35 PM, gingerella said:

Huh? I don't think he looks like he wears a toupee, he just has a close cropped cut.

I too didn't really think about it being a toupee but I knew it was a hell of a lot more hair than he had at what was he 24 maybe younger. The fashion world is about artifice out of fantasy and reality is not the prime thing that the fashion world is selling. They're selling clothes and looks on bodies that very few people have but we're fascinated by it. If all the housewives can buy fake fake hair past their booty, Wendy Williams can have fake everything, and President have a fake orange skin and fake orange hair, why can't Christian have a little bit of fake hair?  I mean it's not a documentary or anything like that.

Edited by Kira53
edit
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Kira53 said:

why can't Christian have a little bit of fake hair. 

The point is, it's just people starting rumors, and there's way too much of that in the world. Unless he confirms he wears a toupee, and I don't give a shit if he does or does not, I'll assume it's his hair.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

The point is, it's just people starting rumors, and there's way too much of that in the world. Unless he confirms he wears a toupee, and I don't give a shit if he does or does not, I'll assume it's his hair.

And if he bought it, then it's his hair!  LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Speaking of Christian, I've really liked the fact he was the mentor this season.  I hope he stays on.  To me it felt like Tim Gunn was phoning it in the last few years...like he became more important than the show.  He also has a much sterner demeanor which could be intimidating to the designers.  Christian struck a good balance of humor, creative insight and accessibility.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, JoyGirl said:

Speaking of Christian, I've really liked the fact he was the mentor this season.  I hope he stays on.  To me it felt like Tim Gunn was phoning it in the last few years...like he became more important than the show.  He also has a much sterner demeanor which could be intimidating to the designers.  Christian struck a good balance of humor, creative insight and accessibility.

I loved Tim Gunn as a mentor until the last couple of years (although he’s still on my dream list of who I would invite to a dinner party). Was not a fan of Christian himself as a contestant. However, he was young then but even over his season matured and grew a lot.

I love him as a mentor, and he is very entertaining.

For me, He’s a good example of “don’t judge people by their actions in the past, but rather, did they learn, grow, evolve, and mature based on experiences”. I like the man he has become very much. 

• Love 10
On 3/27/2020 at 4:28 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Crying right now, but I guess sort of hopeful tears. Tears of pride for Christian and his staff.

You sometimes get a chance to see who people really are during a crisis. Christian has stepped up to the plate in a way I wouldn't have expected. I'm impressed.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Nice shout out from CS to HK.  Note the conspicuous absence of any mention of Tim Gunn, lol. 

But then, presumably TG's not wearing Soriano. 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I just read the Post article, which is very flattering. I didn't realize that fashion insiders and industry leaders looked askance at Christian and considered him mid-brow and a mass-market designer (I'm paraphrasing Givhan's words). He was championing plus-size models long before anyone else. As he says, his business model is successful. I hope he enjoys a long career. Well done, Christian.

• Love 5

I don't know why he put the plus sized model in the bra top and ill-fitting skirt.  I applaud him for including plus size (relatively) women in his collection but most of them were still a miss for me (as a plus sized woman).  I also noted that apparently plus-size women do not need the formal dresses at the end of his collection.

31 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I don't know why he put the plus sized model in the bra top and ill-fitting skirt.  I applaud him for including plus size (relatively) women in his collection but most of them were still a miss for me (as a plus sized woman).  I also noted that apparently plus-size women do not need the formal dresses at the end of his collection.

Try being plus-sized, short and over 70.  Nothing there for us.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I think that outfit could have looked as good on that model as on anyone else (which in my opinion is not that great -- I don't care for it) if only the skirt fit her. I think it would have benefited from a wider waistband as well as one that was a touch bigger around so it didn't look like it was squeezing her too tight.

12 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Those Mary Anne from Gilligan's Island bra tops are a hard no.

I still wouldn't like them a lot (in the sense that I would never wear them), but they'd be a lot better if they had any kind of support. I don't understand designer clothes that make women's breasts look saggy.

Christian has an exhibit at SCAD in Savannah Georgia showing his designs with lots and lots of fabric.  He got Christina Hendricks and Alicia Silverstone to be there as his famous people. Hendricks should wear black more often.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Here's a link to Christian's Spring 2022 collection.

I look at some of them and think, "I'd have gotten a D- on that if I'd turned it in for a Home Ec project in junior high school."

Looked like some of the jackets were just mis-buttoned, and they didn't finish sewing on the rick-rack on another outfit.  Yes, I know it was intentional.  It just didn't look very fashionable to me.

I agree. Some of the outfits were gorgeous and others, at least for me, were “huh?, just no”

• Love 1

I’m trying my best to give Siriano the benefit of the doubt but how many years has he been doing this? Certainly long enough to know he’s NOT helping anyone. 
He’s no Tim Gunn, that’s for sure. He’s flippant, sassy and dismissive with the contestants. How is this mentoring?? He gives them no inspiration. I don’t think I’ve EVER heard him give constructive criticism. You can’t compare his lack of experience with the overwhelming experience that Tim Gunn has. So, why cast someone in this role who can’t teach?