Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, seltzer3 said:

Okay I didn't realize this until majority report shared this.  Joy  inserted quickly that Jews get discriminated in legacy admissions.  What a hilarious dig at Meghan, who was freaking out about anti-semitic issues before.   Joy is ridiculously good at this.

I can't believe that Meghan also seem to not realize the difference between legacy and legacy advantage.  She really does not understand that, which explains her weird "my father rant".  Also, the irony of using her father to defend legacy advantage.

That guy in the Puma sweatshirt does a really good Meghan McCain impression.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I agree with Joy, it’s insulting to say people in the country only read Field and Stream and watch Fox. That’s a self fulfilling myth because the more it’s spread the more people will avoid “elite” media. Back in the 80s growing up in a family of factory workers my parents had a range of papers and magazines in the house so we were exposed to different points of view. We even had, gasp, library cards. Not everything is a left/right battle, I’m tired of it. 

Instead of telling us who the elite media are, could they give examples of the non elite media then please. 

Megan doubled down when Joy made that statement and her backup singer Abby reiterated what she said. I don't understand how two idiots from Arizona and Utah feel they are the sole voices of middle America. I am sure there are diversity of thoughts in their respective home states. It is very telling that they both live in liberal New York getting paid handsomely at a media elite organization..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23

One of my brothers had pneumonia and  was put into a medically induced coma for about 2 weeks, so, I think Whoopie was put through the wringer and is looking pretty good and I was happy to see her.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
On 3/13/2019 at 11:15 AM, njbchlover said:

I didn't know what the hell Meghan was talking about when she kept saying "Aunt Becky's husband" - and then, I realized Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky is the character she plays on "Full/Fuller House").

I found it interesting when she said she didn't know who Lori's husband was, because her husband is Mossimo--as in, the Mossimo clothing line at Target.

Seems like the kind of thing she would know. 

Samantha Bee talked about Meghan's tears last week over the Liebermans on her show last night and I CRACKED UP. 

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:
40 minutes ago, General Days said:

I'm a little behind per usual. While I hate our healthcare system, and think it is actively evil, Whoopi is once again displaying her utter ignorance on the topic, and is discussing it like it ought to be a savings account. 

Not to mention, Whoopie has the best Healthcare that ABC can provide and she has enough money to not go bankrupt, getting treated.

Whoopi, yes you have had health insurance for 60 years but it hasn't been all through the same insurance company.

If you haven't used it in the last 59 years doesn't mean you can now use it all at once!! 

• Love 16
23 hours ago, ari333 said:

Ah-bee drinks hot chocolate. I thought Mormons couldn't have caffeine. 

She actually left the LDS church a few years back due in large part to their stance on LGBTQ rights and marriage equality. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Whoopi, yes you have had health insurance for 60 years but it hasn't been all through the same insurance company.

If you haven't used it in the last 59 years doesn't mean you can now use it all at once!! 

She really believes her premiums have just been stashed away in some safety deposit box just waiting for her to need it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She really believes her premiums have just been stashed away in some safety deposit box just waiting for her to need it.

She confusing it with a pension maybe? Strange. 

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

I agree with Joy, it’s insulting to say people in the country only read Field and Stream and watch Fox. That’s a self fulfilling myth because the more it’s spread the more people will avoid “elite” media. Back in the 80s growing up in a family of factory workers my parents had a range of papers and magazines in the house so we were exposed to different points of view. We even had, gasp, library cards. Not everything is a left/right battle, I’m tired of it. 

Instead of telling us who the elite media are, could they give examples of the non elite media then please. 

We also always had Vanity Fair New Yorker and News week. And many other magazines in our house growing up. Vanity Fair and Vogue were my favorites. I obviously wasn't buying them, that was my mom (it was the 80's I only bought teen mags lol.).

I grew up and still live in very Red Ohio.  

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, SPinCA said:
21 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She confusing it with a pension maybe? Strange. 

If Whoopi doesn't understand the difference between health insurance and a pension plan, she is stupider than I thought.

The View has always be horrible at understanding the stock market, retirement plans, insurance, etc even when they bring on an expert! That will make Abby's little brain spin!!

They just need to stick with their favorite topic, politics.

• Love 9

I'm glad Whoopi is feeling better. For a second there I thought she was going to say that healthcare should be a right not a privilege but no, she just wants to know where her money is going.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm sure she won't be on "Fuller House" anymore, either. I never watched it but that's another stream of income she'll be losing out on due to her greed.

I think Fuller House just taped their final season, so it looks like they just dodged a MAJOR PR bullet. (OTOH, an "Aunt Becky goes to prison" episode would be worth EVERYTHING!)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 7

Does anyone see the "insurance topic" coming down the pike, along with Whoopi disseminating misinformation about it.  There's life insurance, health insurance, car insurance, etc. & I can just see her mangling everyone's understanding of what they're entitled to!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

(Talking about how people in Iowa don't read Vanity Fair.)

Joy: That's so insulting to the people in the middle of the country.  Are they supposed to put [Beto's interview] in Fishing and Tackling?  I mean it's insulting.  They read Vanity Fair.

Meghan:  I love fishing and tackling. 

Sheesh, Meghan, that is not the topic!

LOVE this.  It is just on here and not to this point. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Whoopi's nonsensical rambling about health insurance made my brain hurt. Yikes!

6 minutes ago, falltime said:

I'm glad Whoopi is feeling better. For a second there I thought she was going to say that healthcare should be a right not a privilege but no, she just wants to know where her money is going.

This is where I thought she was going, too but silly me. It's been awhile since I've heard her ramble her way through a segment, so my expectations were higher than they should've been.

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

I can understand what Abby is trying to say about elite media. I do think VF and Vogue cater to upper middle class and rich folk. People Magazine is a good example of print media that appeals to the masses, in my opinion.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Whoopi said it weird but I thought she meant that if you pay the premiums you should get your treatment.

To be fair I also think this is what she was trying to say, but she's just not good at getting her point across on this show, which is strange because on other shows she's not this scatterbrained.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, UYI said:

I found it interesting when she said she didn't know who Lori's husband was, because her husband is Mossimo--as in, the Mossimo clothing line at Target.

Target is not "elite." I doubt she shops there, at least not for clothes. She's more of a Saks or Nordstrom girl. 

I was surprised she didnt know who Aunt Becky was. She's the right age to have been watching Full House in the 90s.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, OnTime said:

If Whoopi doesn't understand the difference between health insurance and a pension plan, she is stupider than I thought.

The View has always be horrible at understanding the stock market, retirement plans, insurance, etc even when they bring on an expert! That will make Abby's little brain spin!!

They just need to stick with their favorite topic, politics.

They also bungle politics. So many times some on the panel will give out misinformation due to lack of understanding of a subject or disinformation because some will spit out talking points that are false and dangerous. Megan is an example of both every time they discuss politics.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Blissfool said:

Target is not "elite." I doubt she shops there, at least not for clothes. She's more of a Saks or Nordstrom girl. 

I was surprised she didnt know who Aunt Becky was. She's the right age to have been watching Full House in the 90s.

She called her "Aunt Becky" instead of Lori. She knew.

And fair point about Target. It's just that the money that Mossimo has made from Target is no joke, so that seemed like Meghan's market, so to speak. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Whoopi said it weird but I thought she meant that if you pay the premiums you should get your treatment.

5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

To be fair I also think this is what she was trying to say, but she's just not good at getting her point across on this show, which is strange because on other shows she's not this scatterbrained.

Whoopi has been complaining about insurance for yeeeeaars. She really thinks her premiums should be accumulating somewhere for when she actually needs them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
On 3/12/2019 at 1:44 PM, TheGreenKnight said:
On 3/12/2019 at 10:54 AM, Blissfool said:

What's up with Cole Sprouse's hair? Too dark, long,  an greasy. Also, he sat hunched over the whole interview!

I noticed that, too. Sort of disrespectful to me.

Ahhhh, the hunched-over look....from an old lady:  Shades of James Dean.  So soulful, so sexy, so misunderstood (in our teenage minds).

I don't watch the show, but isn't his hair dyed darker for the part of Jughead (blue-black hair in the comics)...and maybe the length is required?

• Love 4

I cried when she came out and everyone rushed to welcome her back. I like Whoopi (not as a moderator, though) and am glad she’ll be ok. ETA, both of my parents died from sepsis other the past 3 years.

Edited by Aileen
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Blissfool said:
1 hour ago, UYI said:

When she's slumming!   I think she lowers her standards to Saks/Nordstrom when she's in "The View" wardrobe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

SIT IN MYYYY SEAT!!!  SIT IN MY SEAT!!!  

Oh Jesus. Like a little kid at a birthday party.

And everyone just ignored her and stayed on the other side of the table while she squawked on, LMAO. 

Edited by UYI
  • LOL 16
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

When she's slumming!   I think she lowers her standards to Saks/Nordstrom when she's in "The View" wardrobe.

Haha! Thank you. I knew someone would call me out on that. I'm not "elite" enough to know the fancier stores.🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I was glad to see whoopi up and about.  I would imagine she will be really easing back in slowly. I think Joy (love her) has been fabulous as moderator.  I think they could/should tag team the job.  Pneumonia is so serious in the elderly, and double with sepsis?  Woof!  It has long been known as the ‘old persons friend’ in medical circles as it can be a fairly easy way to pass on for the infirmed.  At least better than many other ways. Apologies if this has been mentioned previously.

i was confused by whoopi’s talk about insurance because I thought she was only a year younger than me and was on Medicare.  Sorry Whoopi 😙. Keep well.

and yes, mm was unbearable once again.  But how can we expect anything else from her?  It’s in her DNA.  Like a mutant hobgoblin.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

I would imagine she [Whoopi] will be really easing back in slowly. I think Joy (love her) has been fabulous as moderator.  I think they could/should tag team the job.

I would love them to share that job.  Joy is the best at it. 

• Love 15

I can’t with this twit. When Whoopi’s telling a funny hospital story which involved Ana and Sunny Megan she just jumps right in and said we all visited then sighed and rolled her eyes and looked at the audience. How dare Whoopi not acknowledge her even though she was not there when lady recognized Ana.  Then at the end hunching  herself across the table to call her the First Lady of The View and she’s happy she is well.. I fully expected her to mow someone down to get to Whoopi first. 

The advocate is a hospital employee at least they were when I sought one out. Insurance has to have guidelines or doctors would order unnecessary tests.   Oh and doctors do own medical machinery.    It’s also the insurance company job to turn down stuff.  So fight it.  Also if you get the doctor ordering to call insurance company it usually works.  Stanford was dragging their heels about a treatment trying say it was experimental. When surgeon heard  that he said when I call they come around. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Defeated negative
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Oh absolutely that could not be clearer today. We all know it but damn that was so clear as the child woman saw her shield show up today. 

I think you got it,  coffeewinewater, about MM being a childwoman.

She must have gotten the idea that it was cute and she got her way,  so she kept up the spoiled brat pouting, squeaky wheel persona. 

As MM is ageing and becoming not so cute, her arrested development mannerisms are reaching Baby Jane level of crazy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14

Yep, calling Whoopi that was totally passive agressive.  Now that her protector is back, she is going to stick it to Joy every chance she gets and she waited all but 5 minutes to start doing so.  Such a child. 

• Love 20

It was quite touching to see the rest of the gang joyfully welcoming Whoops back - Sunny (at least) & I teared up momentarily.  But then Whoops spreads her typical misinformation re insurance (payin' in for 60 yrs - how old is she, REALLY?) & tops it off with a cat poop tale - ugh.  Go home & get well, W., & maybe realize life is short & you don't really enjoy doing this show.  Sad to hear her only resource in an emergency was her faraway work partner & her make-up artist - not to worry, the fambly will make it to the will reading, fer sure.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Aileen said:

I cried when she came out and everyone rushed to welcome her back. I like Whoopi (not as a moderator, though) and am glad she’ll be ok. ETA, both of my parents died from sepsis other the past 3 years.

I'm so sorry that you lost both parents in three years. That's such a difficult loss. Hope you are taking good care of yourself.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, telemachus2 said:

It was quite touching to see the rest of the gang joyfully welcoming Whoops back - Sunny (at least) & I teared up momentarily.  But then Whoops spreads her typical misinformation re insurance (payin' in for 60 yrs - how old is she, REALLY?) & tops it off with a cat poop tale - ugh.  Go home & get well, W., & maybe realize life is short & you don't really enjoy doing this show.  Sad to hear her only resource in an emergency was her faraway work partner & her make-up artist - not to worry, the fambly will make it to the will reading, fer sure.

WHOOPI!!!   You da shit woman!!  The stories abt the diff visits were funny.  As good as it was to see her, seeing her did nothing to alleviate worries..she is still a good 3 weeks out.  She needs to build up her strength and immunity.  She should be in rehab ideally-PT and OT.  Don't push it to quick and land back in ICU this time

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Miss Meggie just.doesn't.have.any.common.sense!!!!  Everyone gathers around Whoopi ... Meggie is bowing at the other end of the table!!!  It took at least two minutes for her to join the group.  Meggie says Whoopi is the Queen of the View!!  ???  What  ??? 

She probably had to check her blue cards to see what to do next .

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

re: whoopi - first lady of the view. John McCain's Daughter has done that before. Other shots at Joy, like i mentioned in yesterday's comment of mine, Joy was talking about something and MM tells Joy she is not an EGOT winner.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, falltime said:

re: whoopi - first lady of the view. John McCain's Daughter has done that before. 

She did that on her FIRST DAY. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8