Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 3/11/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Just now, njbchlover said:

That's what I heard, too!  And, to further prove Meghan has to turn everything around to herself, she mentions that Abby didn't come to her wedding because she was pregnant.  Nothing to do with whether pregnant women should or shouldn't be bridesmaids!!  (oh - btw - Meghan didn't have bridesmaids - wonder if that's because she has no friends!!!)   

Yes! It's like she was only talking to Abby the whole time, smh.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Something I hadn’t heard until the additional viewing was when MM was screeching don’t ever leave me again she said I can’t carry this show myself. 

This needs to be disseminated FAR and WIDE.  I hope every little D-list showbiz publication features it.     The production staff AND Whoopi have given that little twit too much rope.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

Do Governor Newsom's eyes look extremely bloodshot or red to anyone else, or is it just my TV?  

Not just your tv, mine too.

And why does Meghan start nearly every question with a Democratic politician with, "we disagree on almost everything politically" ? Zero social skills, zero class, zero brains.

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, Bucket said:

How did Megs wedding invite comment come up?

Short answer?  Because everything is about Meg.  (It was a silly story about maids of honor upstaging brides so of course Meg had to insert a comment about her own wedding.)  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

I can't carry this show myself??? Are you freaking kidding me? Good grief she has a high (delusional) opinion of herself. JOY has been carrying the show, and quite nicely I might add. You could see the obvious affection and respect she and Whoopi have for each other during that segment and Meh-gan couldn't stand it. She just couldn't bring herself to stand behind Whoopi like the others. she had to isolate herself, screeching away. This was Whoopi's moment, not yours, you ignorant slut. 

Re Whoopi's return, if she's going to ease back into it, say a few days a week, maybe she'll agree to let Joy keep moderating and she'll just sit next to her. Fingers crossed anyway. And it might make it easier on Whoopi for now. 

She thinks she carries the show, eh?  No words. 

I think Whoopi may come back for the hot topics segment 1 or 2 days a week for a while leaving the moderator job to Joy for that.

Edited by Bucket
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Why did Gavin do a walk out to the table? Political people are almost always introduced while already sitting. Just seems weird to me.

Political people who are currently seeking office almost always forgo the walking entrance and appear already seated.  GN isn't currently running for office, he's just on a PR tour explaining his executive decision on capital punishment.

Well, either that or he loves making an entrance!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm glad they revisited the New Zealand terrorist attack. When Joy first mentioned it at the start of the show she did sound flippant.

Not on here yet but Joy is more and more flippant, as am I, given the current situation we are living. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm glad they revisited the New Zealand terrorist attack. When Joy first mentioned it at the start of the show she did sound flippant.

That was a rare example of production doing something right.  I liked the way she explained herself, it was apologetic and sincere.  I also liked the way her fellow panelists had her back.  Live TV in times of crisis can be delicate.

• Love 23
10 minutes ago, Bucket said:

Not on here yet but Joy is more and more flippant, as am I, given the current situation we are living. 

Same.  Every morning, waking up to turn on the news, is seemingly more and more an exercise in futility. 

Also, I am now just catching that I missed Meghan exclaiming that she can't carry the show herself.  There are no words.  Speechless.  I thought you guys were joking. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Same.  Every morning, waking up to turn on the news, is seemingly more and more an exercise in futility. 

Also, I am now just catching that I missed Meghan exclaiming that she can't carry the show herself.  There are no words.  Speechless.  I thought you guys were joking. 

When I heard about NZ,  I thought, well we aren't the only country experiencing violent bigotry.  I offer no apology.  I am exhausted by it all. 

Edited by Bucket
  • Love 5

Meghan said "you WERE  invited" to Abby. Abby had said that she didnt go to MM's wedding because she was very pregnant (gave birth 3 days later) and MM cleared up that, although Abby didn't go, she WAS invited.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Oh, and btw, Barbara Walters is the first lady of The View.

Then Joy.

Then maaaaaaybe I'll give it to Whoopi.

Think I'd have to throw in Meredith Vieira into third place between Joy and Whoopi.  I've always enjoyed her, and miss her on this show.

When Gov. Newsom mentioned his "rock star wife", I was cringing, waiting for Joy to make a joke about his first wife - Kimberly Guilfoyle, current squeeze of Donnie tRump, Jr.  I'm surprised, but glad, that she didn't go there.

Edited by Tunia
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Tunia said:

When Gov. Newsom mentioned his "rock star wife", I was cringing, waiting for Joy to make a joke about his first wife - Kimberly Guilfoyle, current squeeze of Donnie tRump, Jr.  I'm surprised, but glad, that she didn't go there.

At first I thought Meghan was getting confused when she brought up his wife.  I knew of him when he was married to the first one.  Didn't know about the second one.

Just reserved her documentary at the library.  Sounds interesting.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 2

When did Meghan say she couldn't carry the show herself??

I just read the original post. I went and watched it on hulu. Meghan screams  "you can never leave me again! You can never leave this show again!" 

I didnt hear the I cant carry the show.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I just read the original post. I went and watched it on hulu. Meghan screams  "you can never leave me again! You can never leave this show again!" 

I didnt hear the I cant carry the show.

i agree. the mix up is probably from MM correcting herself - she says " i can't - you can't leave this show"

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I didn’t catch it while watching first time ,but rewatched on YouTube Someone was giving me a bad time about a comment (on YouTube) it was when she got up and sat back down and was screeching don’t ever leave me again followed by I can’t carry the show. . I just watched again to make sure.  You know if she had a sense of humor or was a entirely different person that could have been funny  we know she believes it  

Always a need to clarify that she doesn’t agree with a guests opinions( so  very much like her idol). . Does she blieve they are shaken about her different opinion or how she’s going to have a gotcha question?  

After reading mods new post I don’t think it’s OT.

its possible because I’m HOH I’ll try to recover and see CC

recovered from DVR with CC which didn’t pick it up I backed it up several times so it’s a blue dress/ gold dress thing. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Question
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I didn’t catch it while watching first time ,but rewatched on YouTube Someone was giving me a bad time about a comment (on YouTube) it was when she got up and sat back down and was screeching don’t ever leave me again followed by I can’t carry the show. . I just watched again to make sure.  You know if she had a sense of humor or was a entirely different person that could have been funny  we know she believes it  

Always a need to clarify that she doesn’t agree with a guests opinions( so  very much like her idol). . Does she blieve they are shaken about her different opinion or how she’s going to have a gotcha question?  

After reading mods new post I don’t think it’s OT. 

@athousandclowns, I watched it again with the cc and it appears that she screeches, "you can never leave me again, ever!  I can't, you can't leave this show, we missed you so much." As she hoists herself onto the stool.  I think we she might have started with "I can't" because IMO she was going to say "I can't handle this without you protecting my pathetic childish ass", but that's just me. 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Meghan said "you WERE  invited" to Abby. Abby had said that she didnt go to MM's wedding because she was very pregnant (gave birth 3 days later) and MM cleared up that, although Abby didn't go, she WAS invited.

I definitely heard "were" as opposed to "weren't," but I thought she was talking to Joy.  I'd go back and check, but I deleted it after I watched it.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

@athousandclowns, I watched it again with the cc and it appears that she screeches, "you can never leave me again, ever!  I can't, you can't leave this show, we missed you so much." 

I heard the same thing, MM did deliver it in her usual mile a minute style, so I can see how some people have heard "I carry the show".

• Love 8

Meghan said New Zealand has a ban on guns. This is not true. Australia has had very strict gun control since the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996, New Zealand is different:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47584603

(for those who don't want to click the link)

"The minimum legal age to own a gun in New Zealand is 16, or 18 for military-style semi-automatic weapons. Anyone over those ages who is considered by police to be "fit and proper" can possess a firearm.

All gun-owners must have a licence, but most individual weapons don't have to be registered. New Zealand is one of the few countries where this is the case.

In order to own a gun legally, applicants for a firearm licence must pass a background check of criminal and medical records. Factors like mental health, addiction and domestic violence should be considered.

Once a licence has been issued, gun-owners can buy as many weapons as they want.

While most guns don't have to be registered, a special application does have to be made to police to own military-style semi-automatic weapons, pistols, or other restricted firearms.

Because of this, police say they can't be sure how many legally owned firearms there are in the country as there is "no record of the majority of firearms".

I'm sure Meghan's point was going to be that even when guns are banned these things happened, therefore there's no use banning guns. But gun crime will happen anywhere, it's the scale of it that's different and there is nothing in a country like Australia with strict gun laws like the seemingly daily shootings at schools that take place in the US. And everyone agreed with her that New Zealand bans guns! Can't one person on this show do basic research?

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

42 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I definitely heard "were" as opposed to "weren't," but I thought she was talking to Joy.  I'd go back and check, but I deleted it after I watched it.

Well, I'm glad that is cleared up because I thought that was a really, really low comment, even for Meghan.

Maybe if Meghan didn't have such a rapid-fire speech pattern, and her voice was more modulated, instead of either be screeching or mumbling in a monotone, we would be able to better understand her.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7

Actually it sounded to me like MM said you WERE invited to Joy.  She slightly emphasized the ‘were’.  My CC also showed “were” not “weren’t”.  I figured she says enough stupid stuff to fill each day so maybe this wasn’t one of them?

• Love 1
On 3/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, falltime said:

re: whoopi - first lady of the view. John McCain's Daughter has done that before. Other shots at Joy, like i mentioned in yesterday's comment of mine, Joy was talking about something and MM tells Joy she is not an EGOT winner.

I'm worried about Whoopi.  She is still not well and if she pushes it and has a relapse, she might not have enough strength to fight hit.  MM just has to make sure everyone knows that she had been to visit in the hospital

• Love 6

She is still not well and if she pushes it and has a relapse

Yes.  Today, they showed that Whoopi not only hugged the co-hosts but the back-stage people as well.  And the doctors had told her to stay away from people for a while because her immune system is compromised.  I hope none of those people had a cold or something.  She's braver than I would have been.  I would've stayed at my house until the doctor gave the all clear. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Gemma Violet said:

Yes.  Today, they showed that Whoopi not only hugged the co-hosts but the back-stage people as well.  And the doctors had told her to stay away from people for a while because her immune system is compromised.  I hope none of those people had a cold or something.  She's braver than I would have been.  I would've stayed at my house until the doctor gave the all clear. 

To me it looked like Ana was a bit under the weather. On monday, Sunny said she didn't feel well and I think Joy has been coughing a bit.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Oh I know!! Least they could have is a mask.  I'd even go so far as a gown for protection.  I understand everyone being excited , but she is not out of the danger zone

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SuzieSioux said:

Meghan said New Zealand has a ban on guns. This is not true. Australia has had very strict gun control since the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996, New Zealand is different:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47584603

(for those who don't want to click the link)

"The minimum legal age to own a gun in New Zealand is 16, or 18 for military-style semi-automatic weapons. Anyone over those ages who is considered by police to be "fit and proper" can possess a firearm.

All gun-owners must have a licence, but most individual weapons don't have to be registered. New Zealand is one of the few countries where this is the case.

In order to own a gun legally, applicants for a firearm licence must pass a background check of criminal and medical records. Factors like mental health, addiction and domestic violence should be considered.

Once a licence has been issued, gun-owners can buy as many weapons as they want.

While most guns don't have to be registered, a special application does have to be made to police to own military-style semi-automatic weapons, pistols, or other restricted firearms.

Because of this, police say they can't be sure how many legally owned firearms there are in the country as there is "no record of the majority of firearms".

I'm sure Meghan's point was going to be that even when guns are banned these things happened, therefore there's no use banning guns. But gun crime will happen anywhere, it's the scale of it that's different and there is nothing in a country like Australia with strict gun laws like the seemingly daily shootings at schools that take place in the US. And everyone agreed with her that New Zealand bans guns! Can't one person on this show do basic research?

She did clarify when they Came back from break.  She said she meant Austrailia not New Zealand 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, falltime said:

To me it looked like Ana was a bit under the weather. On monday, Sunny said she didn't feel well and I think Joy has been coughing a bit.

Yes to all of this, and Meghan was out "sick" on Monday.  

I am going to say something positive about NutMeg. 😮

When everyone talked about the things that Whoopi gave them, NutMeg neither shrieked that she got something better, nor did she pout that she received nothing.  🙃

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 3/14/2019 at 4:46 PM, Haleth said:

Whoopi, that is called a Health Savings Account. Look it up.

Whoopi has no idea about the concept of insurance and nobody on the panel has the balls to explain it to her because they’re afraid of hurting her feelings. I think they should anyway because whoopi going on about year after year just makes her look stupid.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

My sisters and I used to joke about "Television Evangelist Wife 101," and in that class is "The Look of Adoration," "The Look of Admiration," "The Look of AWE!"   Every popular TV evangelist show featured wives standing or sitting with that same stare.  They still do.  We had fun imagining what they were really thinking.  Stay tuned for all of the candidates' wives....

Women used to say they wanted a man who looks at them the way Barack looked at Michelle. Now they say they want a man who looks at them the way Pence looks at Trump. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

She did clarify when they Came back from break.  She said she meant Austrailia not New Zealand 

Haha, mea culpa. Shows how much attention I pay to her speaking! I think I shut it off in annoyance actually hehe.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, SuzieSioux said:

Haha, mea culpa. Shows how much attention I pay to her speaking! I think I shut it off in annoyance actually hehe.

But the correction is always so fleeting and less impactful than the original misstatement.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, bannana said:

But the correction is always so fleeting and less impactful than the original misstatement.

Exactly. I was fuming when stupid MM blurted out that New Zealand bans guns. She was just trying to give a NRA type defense, and never mind that she was completely wrong. In fact, if you google information about New Zealand, you'll find that about one in four citizens own guns there. If you read the news, you will find that the Prime Minister of New Zealand says that they WILL be changing gun laws after this.(Good luck to her). Of course, we can't expect Meghan McCain to know anything factual about this issue. The correction was fleeting as you stated, Bannana. They should not gloss over such blatant misstatements. It's maddening.

And don't forget, Miss Tough Western Chick had a whoop-de-doo time after her wedding, shooting and doing other tough stuff with her honey.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

It was brought to her attention so she corrected it. I don’t think she “meant to say Australia”  because it would contradict the point she was trying to make, that that country has strict gun laws and still had a / mass murder . Who ever is helping with her blue cards needs to do some research.  The producer wouldn’t give her the argument/ topic  that Australia had an horrific  mass shooting in 1996 and promptly  changed their laws to who can own a hand gun only and the reasons for having one. She then would have to say they’ve not had a mass shooting since and suicides declined to half of what they were.   Reading her card she’ll see Australia and say New Zealand? 

Sorry SusieSioux you said exactly what I’m rambling about and must have been typing same time as Kentz  I’d delete if I could figure out how  

She makes me crabby and  I won’t give her credit for anything.    

Edited by athousandclowns
repeating
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And why does Meghan start nearly every question with a Democratic politician with, "we disagree on almost everything politically" ? Zero social skills, zero class, zero brains.

Meghan's view is "you are a democrat.  I don't know what you think, but I know I think the exact opposite. "

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Kenz said:

And don't forget, Miss Tough Western Chick had a whoop-de-doo time after her wedding, shooting and doing other tough stuff with her honey.

She recently mentioned loving "fishing and tackling."  I couldn't tell if she actually made a little play on words (a joke? a joke?) or if she really thinks fishing equipment (tackle) is a separate activitiy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, PeterBrady said:

Whoopi has no idea about the concept of insurance and nobody on the panel has the balls to explain it to her because they’re afraid of hurting her feelings.

I doubt if anyone can hurt her feelings.  She would half-hear (definitely NOT understand) the explanations and then say, "Here's the thing," and go into one of her know-nothing pontifications that finishes every discussion.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Actually it sounded to me like MM said you WERE invited to Joy.  She slightly emphasized the ‘were’.  My CC also showed “were” not “weren’t”.  I figured she says enough stupid stuff to fill each day so maybe this wasn’t one of them?

I thought she was looking at Joy, said "weren't," and it was reinforced to me when Joy said, "I know."   I agree that I'm wrong.

I thought she specifically had a very small wedding because of the circumstances and invited no coworkers.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She recently mentioned loving "fishing and tackling."  I couldn't tell if she actually made a little play on words (a joke? a joke?) or if she really thinks fishing equipment (tackle) is a separate activitiy.

To be fair, Joy is the one who made up the magazine name Fishing and Tackling as something mid Americans like to read. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

To be fair, Joy is the one who made up the magazine name Fishing and Tackling as something mid Americans like to read. 

Joy's main point was that the two supercilious idiots who lean right assume that because somebody comes from a red state that they can not be well-read, educated and sophisticated.  It says a lot how they see the people that they purport to speak for.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20