Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: PJs on the PJ

• Start Topic

On 2/26/2019 at 12:26 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Lisa is such a hypocrite.  Her whole storyline, as others have pointed out, is putting a "face" on this bar, and while we have two perfectly acceptable male faces, Lisa throws this in the mix?!? (It's one of her better pics, BTW!  How she looked last night made me want to watch this show from a radio). I know that some things are genetic, and can't be compensated for, such as RBF, but how is this person in any way aspirational?  Girl friend, get a stylist, a trainer, or a surgeon, or, better yet, relegate yourself to something high-earning and meaningful, but not necessarily based on looks.  I mean, take away the hair, and I'm staring at a shark wedged between two boulders whose upper lip got snatched off by a porpoise.  (I wouldn't be so mean if Pandora wasn't such a bitch.  Oh, but I already mentioned she's related to Lisa, so I repeat myself...)

82021DF2-C24E-44A1-93F4-DD23BA55F292-504-0000006325D24BCC.jpg.36460ef2b3f9dbfa2c224e94cb9802d7.jpg

AGREE!  Let me just say that I find Pandora to be EXTREMELY unattractive.  Like disgusting.  I don't think this is body shaming!  I am not shaming her, I am laughing at her.  She is also a MEGA BITCH and I cannot figure out why.  Remember when she was at Scheana's party and the fists started flying, she and her loser hubby were like, "we need to leave, we are not THIS KIND OF people."

Shut the fuck up Pandora, and go home - no one wants to watch you anyway!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, ghoulina said:

I think Sandoval did the same thing to him earlier in the season, though. I think Jax is professionally jealous of Tom; and Tom is personally jealous of Jax. Not that Tom wants Brittany, or anything like her in a girlfriend. But I do think FI really wants to settle down and Ariana doesn't seem to be budging in that direction. I think he hates that not only is Jax settling down, but he had some HUGE cheating scandal and was still able to get a girl who wants to marry him and start a family. Judging from how Sandoval acted as a "wing man", I think he's got a bit of the wandering eye about him too, but he tries a lot harder to control it. Jax has been a total douche to everyone he's dated, but he's closer to that stable, family life than Tom is. 

I can see this. 

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

AGREE!  Let me just say that I find Pandora to be EXTREMELY unattractive.  Like disgusting.  I don't think this is body shaming!  I am not shaming her, I am laughing at her.  She is also a MEGA BITCH and I cannot figure out why.  Remember when she was at Scheana's party and the fists started flying, she and her loser hubby were like, "we need to leave, we are not THIS KIND OF people."

@heatherchandler, if I were paraphrasing lawyer Barry Zuckercorn, I could kiss you on the mouth for this post.

MEGA BITCH indeed.  And there's no speaking truth to power with Pandora, because she is the daughter of the anointed. 

So, yeah, Pandora, go home.  You're kind of ruining the format of a show where people are allowed to and encouraged to air their grievances with one another by virtue of your untouchablilty. Be gone, please!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 7:51 PM, Callaphera said:

I meant the part about "especially a man". I included your quote in the nest for context. 

Ah, yeah, I caught that too. 🙂 I would disagree that gender matters when your job is being threatened but I do understand where the commentor is coming from. Some men would see it as "even worse" for them over a woman for the 'bread winner' thing, but I don't think that would be James' mentality about it. I think for him it's just a lucrative job that he now doesn't have (but again it gets all weird with the fact that they get paid to be on the show too so it's hard to know what monetarily really has an impact on any of the cast).

• Love 1

Anyone else find it odd that only two of the seven women opted to ride a horse in Solvang?  When the alternative was to stand there and wait?  Were they, like, afraid or...? Cause they struck me as incurious oafs who can't operate outside of their WeHo bubble without a drink in their hands.

PS I know there are, obviously, unethical horse farms, but I take the fact that Ariana chose to ride as enough of a voucher for the place's reputation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 2/27/2019 at 9:55 AM, Carolina Girl said:

I believe it's been discussed elsewhere and here that the cast members who supposedly "work" at SUR actually don't work there except during filming the season.  Except apparently James, who was indeed hosting that See You Next Tuesday every week.  I caught that he said to Lisa during their discussion that he'd heard from (actual working) servers at SUR that they wish he were back because they were no longer pulling the income from Tuesday nights that they were previously.  I for one would love to hear how they feel about Katie getting James fired, hurting their pocketbooks.  

Here's a recent article from People Online that gives the skinny:  https://people.com/food/vanderpump-rules-cast-behind-the-scenes-exclusive-secrets/

This clip ^^^^^^ is the best thing ever! Thank you!! Brittany talking about a "Hot Brown", which I can only guess is called that for the best possible reason, because it's both hot and brown, wins everything. 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Mazzy
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

which I can only guess is called that for the best possible reason, because it's both hot and brown, wins everything. 

Between this and this season of Top Chef Bravo is really trying to make the Hot Brown happen.

Oh you god, Jax looked so happed to get Sandoval rilled up about the drink menus. He is such a little sociopath. He can’t be still for 5 minutes. He needs drama, even if it’s not his drama.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

This clip ^^^^^^ is the best thing ever! Thank you!! Brittany talking about a "Hot Brown", which I can only guess is called that for the best possible reason, because it's both hot and brown, wins everything.

26 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Between this and this season of Top Chef Bravo is really trying to make the Hot Brown happen.

🤣🤣🤣

I don't think I've ever had a hot brown where the bread didn't turn into an unreasonably soggy mess. I suspect that it needs to be made with a super thick slice of bread.

Carter, get a fucking proper, paying job and stop mooching on Kristin. You'll never be more than a tiny bit player on Vanderpump Rules, let alone any kind of celebrity, so put those aspirations in a box and light that shit on fire, arsehole!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Jax might be jealous of the Tom's, but being an investor with LVP probably would not end well. Jax did get a spin off show and none of the others have.

Two episodes without Billie have been nice.

• Love 7
On 2/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, HunterHunted said:

This actually shouldn't be surprising. The Coven has admitted that was what they were attempting to do to Scheana during seasons 1 & 2 because they wanted Schwartz to be a full cast member.

Didn't they press Lisa in the first or second season to make Schwartz a bartender at either Pump or SUR and Lisa relented only to have Schwartz not show up when he was supposed to?  In fact, before TomTom, can anyone tell me how Schwartz actually earned a living other than being a reality TV personality?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

Didn't they press Lisa in the first or second season to make Schwartz a bartender at either Pump or SUR and Lisa relented only to have Schwartz not show up when he was supposed to?  In fact, before TomTom, can anyone tell me how Schwartz actually earned a living other than being a reality TV personality?

She gave him a bartending gig at Pump, right when they opened. He showed up, but left work abruptly. He was supposedly having a panic attack? 

Along with Jax and Sandoval, Schwartz was a model. I think he'd actually make the best male model of the three. 

• Love 6
(edited)
26 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

Now I like Stassi because no way would a guy like that be with a terrible person. 

I have known lots of great guys (and women) who have been with terrible terrible people.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I have known lots of great guys (and women) who have been with terrible terrible people.

Me, too.  My hubby still puts up with me after 41 years.  Ain't no accountin' for taste.  LOL  

My heart has kind of broken for these kids as of late.  Their parents are awful.  Stassi's mother made me want to smack her upside the head and bring Stassi home with me for hugs and cookies and a glass of milk. 

Same happened with James, who no sooner gets himself situated so he can help his family, and he get in a spitting venom contest with Kate who gets her feelings hurt and gives Lisa an ultimatum and voila...he's shit canned.  Kind of surprised me that Lisa went for it, but there you are.  Go figure.

It was no secret he was wasted.  They were all wasted.  Some people shouldn't drink, yet with a mother and father like James has, my heart only hurts for him and that inner "little, lost, lonely, angry boy who's self-medicating".   He has every right to be angry.  I just hope he can come to grips with that anger before he self-destructs. 

His and Kate's interaction was classic drunkard James.  WTF was her big surprise at how he reacted to her?  He was a snotty, mean, arrogant little ass, but he almost always is even when he's sober.  I don't understand her hurt feelings and I'm kinda fat irl.  

If Kate hasn't learned how to play with the sharks by now, perhaps she'd best leave the chumming to someone else, sit her trouble-making, ass down and shut her pie hole once in a while. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

She gave him a bartending gig at Pump, right when they opened. He showed up, but left work abruptly. He was supposedly having a panic attack? 

Along with Jax and Sandoval, Schwartz was a model. I think he'd actually make the best male model of the three. 

Schwartz's brief foray into being a regular working bartender at Pump was in season 3.

Schwartz's modeling work is the only work from those dopes that I can recall running across accidentally either before the show or very early in its run. He was one of the fairy strippers at the fairy nightclub/sanctuary on True Blood. He was also in a Modelo commercial.

• Love 4
On 2/26/2019 at 12:32 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Sucking Dick for a ride on a private jet is nothing to be proud of. 

And Lala is so stupid, she doesn't realize that she could've gotten that (rental) PJ without a BJ.

Is she officially broken up from that old semi-rich PJBJ guy? I want wild,single and drunk Lala back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And Lala is so stupid, she doesn't realize that she could've gotten that (rental) PJ without a BJ.

It's a trip that costs $100 in gas if they had driven round trip. It's also like a $100 an hour had they rented a limo or a party bus. The total cost based on mileage or time spent in the air rates would be ridiculously low, but most charter flights like to have a minimum cost per individual flights or have the charter card holder pay a monthly fee or a monthly number of miles traveled. But it's still a cost that any of these dopes could have paid for on their own.

This heifer has been talking so damn much about PJs and BJs for so fucking long on this show that I actually expect her to drop a single on the subject. Perhaps she might have had she not been MyMan's dirty little secret at the time Jesse Saint John, Ferras and Sarah Hudson were busy selling XXXpensive to Erika Jayne.

Maybe she can do a cover and remix/response of Vaginal Hubris.

8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Is she officially broken up from that old semi-rich PJBJ guy? I want wild,single and drunk Lala back. 

Oh, they are absolutely together as of Sunday when they went to Elton John's Oscar party. Lala seemed to be confused about the dress code for the event. Most everyone else was wearing red carpet formal; Lala dressed like the invitation said to dress in your Sasha Fiercest attire. Seriously! She showed up in what looked like a costume worn during "Who Run the World."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

It's a trip that costs $100 in gas if they had driven round trip. It's also like a $100 an hour had they rented a limo or a party bus. The total cost based on mileage or time spent in the air rates would be ridiculously low, but most charter flights like to have a minimum cost per individual flights or have the charter card holder pay a monthly fee or a monthly number of miles traveled. But it's still a cost that any of these dopes could have paid for on their own.

This heifer has been talking so damn much about PJs and BJs for so fucking long on this show that I actually expect her to drop a single on the subject. Perhaps she might have had she not been MyMan's dirty little secret at the time Jesse Saint John, Ferras and Sarah Hudson were busy selling XXXpensive to Erika Jayne.

Maybe she can do a cover and remix/response of Vaginal Hubris.

Oh, they are absolutely together as of Sunday when they went to Elton John's Oscar party. Lala seemed to be confused about the dress code for the event. Most everyone else was wearing red carpet formal; Lala dressed like the invitation said to dress in your Sasha Fiercest attire. Seriously! She showed up in what looked like a costume worn during "Who Run the World."

LOVE the Vaginal Hubris video! Thanks for sharing. 😁

On 2/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, LibertarianSlut said:

I apologize if this this is off-topic, but does anyone know what the green reaction face (as well as the blue reaction face) means in this new format?  I can't quite get the faces (maybe it's my face-blindedness), but I don't know whether someone thinks my comment makes me a cankerous whore or whether they just thought it was cringe-worthy, so...any input?  

Also, just to bring it back to the episode, why is it cool for peeps to state that Scheana's hair looks dirty and smelly, when Scheana hasn't really done anything wrong in this environment (save for being Scheana), but it's, like, a negative to say Pandora doesn't look good?  It kinda seems like a double-standard if that is the case. 

Can we agree that they are both physically and otherwise offputting in completely different ways?  

I think the difference is it's a lot easier for Scheana to just wash her hair and/or take out her shitty extensions than it is to fix a face.

On 2/27/2019 at 12:15 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Of course Tom and Tom know little about the financial ins and outs of making a bar financially successful. Bringing in a professional mixologist to help tweak the cocktail menu is smart- however- when LVP encouraged the Toms to get involved in planning the drink menu, she should have explained that creative tasty drinks are only half the equation- they also need to be profitable as well as user friendly for all the bartenders. 

Let's be real though.  FI has been a bartender at a busy bar for a long ass time.  He knows about batching and shit having to not be too complicated so the bar doesn't get backed up.  And there's no way he doesn't understand profitability too.  The whole mixologist thing was a set up for the show.  She didn't even really change that much if what we were shown is the truth.  She kept most of their drinks and made minor tweaks like adding vermouth.  It doesn't seem like she did a ton to earn er undoubtedly hefty fee.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:56 PM, Mazzy said:

This clip ^^^^^^ is the best thing ever! Thank you!! Brittany talking about a "Hot Brown", which I can only guess is called that for the best possible reason, because it's both hot and brown, wins everything. 🤣🤣🤣

It's called a hot brown because it was created at the Brown Hotel.  I know a lot of random things about sandwiches.

Tomorrow I have to drive out to Thermal (past Coachella) and back.  At the moment I'm feeling like I wouldn't be adverse to giving MyMan a BJ for use of the PJ.  I take everything back about it being stupid to fly to Solvang.  I'm almost ready to fork over the $700 for a round trip ticket from LA to Palm Springs, except it would probably take just as long as driving, the flight times are inconvenient, and I don't have $700 to waste.   A free PJ would solve all these problems.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Let's be real though.  FI has been a bartender at a busy bar for a long ass time.  He knows about batching and shit having to not be too complicated so the bar doesn't get backed up.  And there's no way he doesn't understand profitability too.  The whole mixologist thing was a set up for the show.  She didn't even really change that much if what we were shown is the truth.  She kept most of their drinks and made minor tweaks like adding vermouth.  It doesn't seem like she did a ton to earn er undoubtedly hefty fee.

That is sort of my big irritation with that whole scene. Not only can we speculate that Sandoval knows and understands these concepts, we've actually seen him employ them on the show. We saw Sandoval and Ariana batching cocktails when Lisa had to move her BH Magazine party after SUR caught on fire and the new location didn't have sufficient space for the back of the house operations. This is the party where Kevin "chichi" Lee said Katie gained weight. Sandoval has also batched cocktails on other occasions. We've seen him come up with new cocktails using existing ingredients for some of Lisa's events. They are easy to forget scenes because they aren't dramatic with a big D. And Lisa knows that Sandoval knows these concepts and can execute them. I've even read some reviews and posts from viewers who have seen him bartending at SUR or TomTom that mention that Sandoval is fairly decent at flair too.

More than anything, I'm irritated by this narrative that the Toms or specifically Sandoval is incompetent and completely ignorant about the parts of the business that are within his area of expertise. I know that the pumped up edition had a chyron that mentioned that the Toms spent thousands on booze and equipment as they tinkered with the cocktail menu like it's ridiculous that someone opening a food and beverage establishment wouldn't do the same. THAT'S WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN! Additionally, TomTom is actually supposed to be more mixology focused than Villa Blanca, SUR, and Pump, which all have some really basic ass cocktails.

Furthermore, neither they or LVP are big league enough that I think big spirits companies would be sending them tons of freebies or inviting them to test new products. There are hundreds if not thousands of new alcohol and spirits products introduced every year. There are new techniques and equipment introduced every year. TomTom is supposed to be more innovative so it's also quite likely that they'd have to buy and try ingredients that aren't just from the big companies or might be harder to find than just going to Total Wine or BevMo. And despite what Vanderpump Rules producers and LVP want us to think, loads of mixologists are using sous vide machines and the Drinkmate carbonator. These are absolutely current trends. You can infuse things really quickly with a sous vide machine and the Drinkmate lets you carbonate any liquid. I have both. But what this means is that the Toms have to spend a solid $300 on equipment before they even get to the point of testing the spirits or liquids with this equipment. Or maybe they tried something at a trade show, found it interesting, bought a bottle, tested it at home, but ultimately found that it was too hard to work with.* However, that's a completely reasonable action on the Toms part.

Their drink with szechuan daisy has been talked about in reviews as very good, so they weren't wrong spending that money testing cocktails.

*In my own life, I would say it's Hum liqueur--it's too heavy on the cardamom. It's also $40 a bottle. They were having a tasting at my local store. I actually went there twice in a day because it really intrigued me. I infused my own, but it took so much time (3 solid months of experimentation) and effort figure out a balance that I liked that I kind of gave up because it was best adding it to a regular glass of wine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I'm willing to wager that FI has gone to industry events and networked enough to get some freebies.  Even just the sales reps from SUR, VB, and Pump probably gave TomTom a bit of stuff to make sure to get the account.  I'm not saying copious amounts, but I'm sure they got some.  But, honestly, they have enough money and it was probably easier and faster to just buy stuff and I agree that it is not ridiculous that they spent thousands.  Booze adds up quickly and I'm sure that while experimenting they needed a bunch of different things before narrowing the menu down.

I also love that FI took a dig at one of LVP's signature cocktails when he was like "this isn't just booze 1, booze 2, and strawberry puree" (I think it was vodka and triple sec).  

The whole story line is ridiculous.  I can buy them fucking around and not getting the drink list to her, but I cannot buy them (or at least FI) not knowing about bar basics and how to create a drink list when we've been shown it's squarely in his wheelhouse.  

Edited to add:   FI's the type of guy that goes deep on things (or at least thinks he does).  Remember his omelet making skills because he once had a job doing that?  I say thinks he does because trumpet.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

MAJOR sigh of relief when Sly the Mixologist approved their cocktails.   I thought they were doomed especially when Pandora was standing there, she is never a harbinger of good news on this show.  

I don't think Jax is necessarily jealous of Tom Tom because he has always been an unenthusiastic bartender.  Sandoval is passionate about it.  If anything it would Ariana who is jealous- remember when she was supposedly working on a cocktail book or something.   

Wow Kristen and Carter are a downer.  

• Love 3
On 3/1/2019 at 6:12 AM, heatherchandler said:

Remember when they went to Miami for Sheana and Shay's bachelor/ette party and Pandora was working at the restaurant and when Lisa asked her about it, Pandora seemed all disappointed that she couldn't go?  I called bullshit on that straight away.  I bet the two of them made that shit up just before shooting that scene.  AS IF Pandora would go all the way to Miami with that crowd.  She would see that as totally beneath her.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:41 AM, ghoulina said:

Schwartz is probably the only one of the entire cast who hasn't really changed much in the past seven seasons.  He pretty much looks the same now, as he did back in season 1.  No drastic weight loss/gain or too much plastic surgery/botox/filler.  The only time he looked slightly different was when he got that 'perm' a few seasons ago.

I wanted to smack him every time he said the word 'schmooze' that season.  He didn't think that being a bartender at a restaurant with a regular customer flow could get stressful and extremely busy.  He thought it was going to be really cruise-y kind of job.  This is why when he kept talking about being premed, I was like, stfu, as if you could ever EVER be a doctor.  You'll be one of those doctors who kills at least 10 patients a day during your internship and many more afterwards.  What a stupid dickhead.  Katie kept telling him that he went to college.  No, going to university has nothing to do with how well you handle real world situations.  In fact, it shields you away from it a lot of the time, which is why I absolutely despise academics who have never had a job outside of universities pontificating how regular people should live our lives from their effing Ivory Tower.  Shut up, shut up.

14 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

If anything it would Ariana who is jealous- remember when she was supposedly working on a cocktail book or something.  

When Lisa hosted that dinner at SUR for homeless teens and Tom told Ariana about the drinks that he wanted to serve them, Ariana got REALLY pissy at him for not including her and started mocking him with a high-pitch voice because he was talking about it like it was all him and his idea and she was angry about it.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I really got the vibe when Lala talked about Rand partying while she was sober in Solvang that Rand was not merely sippin on drinks.   

I think most everyone in the viewing audience thought Rand was partaking in some pasta and booze.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I think most everyone in the viewing audience thought Rand was partaking in some pasta and booze.

I think he was enjoying a bottomless bowl at the Olive Garden, yes

Poor Lala diligently turning down wine while Her Man carbo loaded 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I really got the vibe when Lala talked about Rand partying while she was sober in Solvang that Rand was not merely sippin on drinks.   

10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

10 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I think he was enjoying a bottomless bowl at the Olive Garden, yes

Poor Lala diligently turning down wine while Her Man carbo loaded 

Yuppers.  "Partying" doesn't usually refer to cake, candles, foil hats & party horns.  At least not in those circles.

Rando must like mixing his party favors with alcohol, or he'd be as scrawny as DJ Muppet Baby.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I actually felt really bad for Lala. I can have a soft spot for that girl and I think she has been at a place of wanting to scale back her drinking for a while so when a crazy night happened a break sounded like a good idea. Then she finds out Rand is enjoying the full DJ James combo plate in her absence (plus I really felt like he cheated on her. That scene she walked into sounded like there were some girls involved ). I would have been pissed off too. Especially since it also seemed like Rand has been making her feel very ashamed of her own substance use. Rand sounds like a piece of shit. But he’s a rich piece of shit that pays for everything so Lala’s not going anywhere. Hustlers got to hustle.

• Love 9

I feel bad for Kristen. I hope she and Carter have broken up. Stassi is a nice friend to her it was sweet to say “I’m excited to be around you.” I definitely felt bad for Lala talking about her dad’s death. Why did Lala pick wine tours for the girls trip? They could have done something else less drinking centric. Why was the table so tall? Kristen and Brittany look pretty with the minimal make up at the table. Scheana’s outfit yikes. They are all wearing diaper jorts. I fast forwarded through the TomTom stuff. Doesn’t everyone bitch for 20 minutes when they get home? My husband and I both do. Lala has a right to be angry with Rand. I would be mad, too. Taking away her shoes is gross. I am glad that Lala realizes she doesn’t need Rand but I concerned that she sees her value by sucking D.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

When Lisa hosted that dinner at SUR for homeless teens and Tom told Ariana about the drinks that he wanted to serve them, Ariana got REALLY pissy at him for not including her and started mocking him with a high-pitch voice because he was talking about it like it was all him and his idea and she was angry about it.

I would LOVE it if one of these chucklefucks really took off as a "serious stand-up comic". 

• Love 4
On 3/3/2019 at 2:41 AM, Rubyslippahz said:

MAJOR sigh of relief when Sly the Mixologist approved their cocktails.   I thought they were doomed especially when Pandora was standing there, she is never a harbinger of good news on this show.  

I don't think Jax is necessarily jealous of Tom Tom because he has always been an unenthusiastic bartender.  Sandoval is passionate about it.  If anything it would Ariana who is jealous- remember when she was supposedly working on a cocktail book or something.   

Wow Kristen and Carter are a downer.  

I think they were just messing with us a bit over whether the Toms' drinks would make it onto the menu, and Sky probably also added some efficiencies.

I totally think Jax is brimming with envy, perhaps not for that exact opportunity, but for Lisa to invest in his future. She doesn't like him very much and he knows it. It also irks him that DJ James Kennedy keeps getting chances and he knows it's because Lisa cares about him and wants to see him succeed. If it weren't for Brittany, hmmmm...

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I actually felt really bad for Lala. I can have a soft spot for that girl and I think she has been at a place of wanting to scale back her drinking for a while so when a crazy night happened a break sounded like a good idea. Then she finds out Rand is enjoying the full DJ James combo plate in her absence (plus I really felt like he cheated on her. That scene she walked into sounded like there were some girls involved ). I would have been pissed off too. Especially since it also seemed like Rand has been making her feel very ashamed of her own substance use. 

All of this. I don't think Lala just got sober for Rand, because she's lamented having an issue with drinking since she joined the show. Or maybe since S5, but it's been awhile. As someone who finally quit drinking myself but took awhile to do it, I've felt her journey and was thrilled to read recently that she was five months sober. I really HOPE she's doing it for herself and the night of the hurricane-window shattering was just a catalyst. Doing it for another person rarely works. But it still really SUCKS to think you have a partner with you in the sobriety journey, only to have them flake out in a major way. 

Also yeah, with the cheating or at least cheating-tangential behavior o' Rand. Dating a cokehead alcoholic with a propensity for cheating is NOT fun; I've been there, and there often feels like they have different rules set for themselves that doesn't apply to others. And if you're dealing with someone who's those things, and narcissistic AND rich af? Chances are, there's going to be a lot more tits and ass around that most people don't have to give a pass to in their ostensibly monogamous relationships. I feel bad for Lala and really wish she would get together with not James per se, but someone who she bonds with like that -- as a friend and trustworthy companion. Girl already has money and she's smart. I think she would be financially just fine on her own, while living a more authentic life. 

Also (sorry, not sure how to do quoting within an edit and don't want to double post):

" Stassi is a nice friend to her it was sweet to say 'I’m excited to be around you.'" ~ iloveit

YES!!! Omg. In that moment, I wanted Stassi to come live with me and be my BFF. That made me cry, so sweet!!!!!

Edited by Judi Sunshine
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I feel bad for Lala and really wish she would get together with not James per se, but someone who she bonds with like that -- as a friend and trustworthy companion. Girl already has money and she's smart. I think she would be financially just fine on her own, while living a more authentic life. 

I really liked how Lala said at the barbecue (when she wasn't talking about BJs for PJs) that she can pay her own rent, pay for her car, she will be OK.  

She seemed practical and optimistic about living life without Rand if she must. I much prefer that chipper attitude to one's BF being a d*(k to the way Brittany acts when Jax shows his true colors.  Brittany has no plan B.

• Love 6

LaLa and Rand are engaged so they are still together. Must’ve just been a bad fight and quick break.

Kristen and Carter are still together too. I don’t really care about their drama it’s lame. Carters beard looks weird. Carter seems like a mooch but Kristen is crazy lol. I think they both play a part in their relationship. Everyone acting like Kristen is so wronged seems dumb.

• Love 1
On 2/26/2019 at 8:57 AM, ghoulina said:

Exactly. WHY go into business with them? We know she doesn't need their money. And she has several other successful businesses, plus is pretty well known herself. It's not like she needs their star power. My belief is that she did it for a storyline on the show. Lisa is kind of a background character on VPR, as the drama between these chucklefucks is prime reality TV watching. But this season she's been a lot more present, because of TomTom. But that wasn't the reason given to us. It was about the drinks. So it seemed pretty shitty of her to be all, "You need an EXPERT to teach you how to do this." 

That was SO hilarious. I love the way they banter with each other. Beau knows that sitting cramped in coach on a Delta flight is NOT preferable to flying private. But it was just funny how everything she named WAS technically something you can do on a commercial flight. This is what I love about them. If Stassi had said something kind of "dumb" (as we all do from time to time) with Patrick, he'd have corrected her in a very belittling, condescending way. But Beau can poke fun at her in a light-hearted, endearing way. They're adorable. 

Charity work?

• LOL 1