Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: PJs on the PJ

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, FancyNancy said:

The jealousy was oozing out of him and he was trying to pump them up to be upset. 

I think Sandoval did the same thing to him earlier in the season, though. I think Jax is professionally jealous of Tom; and Tom is personally jealous of Jax. Not that Tom wants Brittany, or anything like her in a girlfriend. But I do think FI really wants to settle down and Ariana doesn't seem to be budging in that direction. I think he hates that not only is Jax settling down, but he had some HUGE cheating scandal and was still able to get a girl who wants to marry him and start a family. Judging from how Sandoval acted as a "wing man", I think he's got a bit of the wandering eye about him too, but he tries a lot harder to control it. Jax has been a total douche to everyone he's dated, but he's closer to that stable, family life than Tom is. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

That's precisely my thought as well.   Sandoval has crafted cocktails before, and from all accounts he's very very good at it.  Certainly it's been shown in the past that Lisa has been enthusiastic about it.  But if a cocktail takes minutes to make, and is not cost efficient or is priced too high, then any specialized ingredients will gather on the shelf.  The VanderPumped Rules episode noted that the Toms had spent THOUSANDS of dollars buying liquor and supplies to work on crafting the cocktails.  Lisa was basically bringing in someone that essentially told them "that's fine if you're spending an afternoon in your kitchen - not so much if you're tending a busy bar."  In the age of YELP!, you don't need a lot of reviews saying it took you 15 minutes to get a drink.  One of the reasons I enjoy "Bar Rescue" is that John Taffer makes sure that the failing owners recognize that cocktails shouldn't take forever to make, and that .

But, uh, Sandoval?  You of the "we want a 'term sheet'"?  "We want a contract"?  Cuts both ways.  Unless the term sheet or the contract specified that so many of YOUR cocktails had to be on the menu, you have no grounds to breach.   Lisa and Ken thought naming a bar after you and letting you get in on the ground floor with minimal investment (relatively speaking) would be a good career move.  She should easily have put in another 100K herself or even gotten another silent partner.  Please stop acting like you and Schwartz are 30% partners in this venture, and that somehow your participation is necessary.  

I agree with ghoulina that it had a lot to do with Lisa having a storyline this season.  We know that RHOBH was not a pleasant experience for her and she may be looking to become more of a presence on this show, especially since she and Ken are producers.  To be honest, I actually enjoyed watching the bar come together.  It was a nice break from Kristen's latest screech about James Kennedy still being allowed to walk the streets of Los Angeles, Lala, MyMan and the BJ's for PJ's, and anything involving Katie and her two sets of rules for human behavior.

Did note from the "still to come this season" previews that Sandoval goes after Katie about getting James fired - "I can say anything I want to anyone but if you call me 'fat' you need to be fired!"     

I totally agree with this. They've been given an incredible opportunity and if they're smart they will be able to leverage it into something that is truly theirs. The lady was there to help them make their fancy drinks in a more cost- and time-effective manner. 

Can't wait to see Sandoval go in on Katie. She likely said something pretty vile for him to yell at her like that, just as she did to James

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Just when I was starting to like Lala..... Here’s an idea~ work hard enough  at a career to be able to buy yourself the lifestyle you want- and perhaps fly commercial?! Sucking Dick for a ride on a private jet is nothing to be proud of. 

Is it just me or is everyone on Bravo getting a tough edit? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

For me, everything is about context.  There was  a few seasons back (season 5?) where Pandora being such a snobby bitch to the Toms for no reason, and she was also a bitch to Stassi (prior to season five, at Villa Rosa) in the past.  She is very cold and unfeeling, and appears very superior to me.  For that reason, I think it's fair game to go after her looks.  (My internal dialogue is singing, "money can't buy you cla-ass.")

Juxtpose Pandora against her brother Max, who is just as privileged, yet seems to give off a very easygoing, nice guy vibe, and I won't touch his looks.  

It takes all kinds, and I am genuinely happy that, for each person who is willing to go low for the sake of snark, there is another who won't.  It keeps things from geting too ugly.

I'm not sure I body-shamed, as I just remarked that the woman should tone up if she is going to be a face of this particular brand in any capacity, but it's close enough that I won't argue over it.  I'm not entirely sure why body shaming is such a thing, while looks-shaming (which I am clearly doing), isn't, but I get that it is more hurtful on a gut level.  (I'm also not entirely clear on the difference between someone saying Pandora should put her giant breasts away and my saying she should tone up, but that's ok; I sort of get it).

I wouldn't go after someone's looks in real life unless they went for the jugular with me first, and I would never take to social media to tell someone how they can improve their appearance, but will do it here, as I find it an appropriate outlet for critiquing public figures.  

I don't even like the Toms, and I feel bad for them, as it appears they are victims of nepotism.  So there's that.

There's also the albeit immature thrill at being able to say what many are thinking about Pandora's appearance when no one else in her bubble will, which I think marks a difference between Pandora and Katie, even if it's a difference in degree, and not in kind.  Does anyone think Kevin Lee would dare tell Pandora to lose weight and ask her what happened to her body?!? Shi, shi, shi, no way.

And, to circle back around, it really does take all kinds.  If you think she is "very pretty," and if her husband does as well, I am all for it.  Some people think Giselle Bunchden is the hottest thing to hit runway, when others wouldn't touch her for a milion bucks.  For my money, Pandora is quite an unfortunate looking woman, and that is why I think she should be putting her brains to work, rather than be out front of a brand (and if she were a guy I would be saying the exact same thing), but if she wants to try and make it in this industry, more power to her.  I just strongly dislike her, and will probably continue to be vocal to that effect.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

The question about the time it takes to make these cocktails is silly because as they said in the episode they are going to make batches of them and pour them out of prepared gallon jugs. Sounds disgusting. It must be a California thing.

All bars have a limited shelf life and this one is limited to the celebrity of these reality show knuckleheads.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I didn’t get the significance of the Gucci slides, either?  Lala has 1 pair of shoes?  Lala has only 1 pair of Gucci shoes?  Please.  This is Miss oh the Land Rover is in the shop so I took the Rolls today.  

She has more than one pair of shoes the point is that he was being a controlling ass taking back a gift that he has given her because he didn’t like her behavior and trying to put her in her place by reminding her that he pays for the luxurious lifestyle she lives and he will take it back whenever he wants which is not a healthy foundation for a relationship.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Exactly. WHY go into business with them? We know she doesn't need their money. And she has several other successful businesses, plus is pretty well known herself. It's not like she needs their star power.

I've seen LvP opening SUR, Pump, and TomTom in close proximity described as Lisa opening an amusement park based on the show.  Tom and Tom are the exhibits and they paid her instead of her paying them to appear.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

We have a house around that corner that looks exactly the same, white siding, black gutters, i was so mad they bought here! I drove by and the windows are not sashed black.  Phew did a bullet.  Lol

Lala... sigh.  Of course that's all you are worth to that cheater. 

T&T - you chuckleheads... that is all... 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I am not enjoying all these women with enormous breasts and the extremely low necklines. 

That's okay, Peter is enjoying them enough for everybody.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, hatchetgirl said:

We have a house around that corner that looks exactly the same, white siding, black gutters, i was so mad they bought here! I drove by and the windows are not sashed black.  Phew did a bullet.  Lol

Lala... sigh.  Of course that's all you are worth to that cheater. 

T&T - you chuckleheads... that is all... 

Because you don't like it?

Reading all the comments and cracking up. First time on this forum and I came because of the sneak preview of upcoming episodes where Sandavol calls Katie out for being the bully that she is! I think Katie is mean mean mean. She acts like queen shit up in that group, and it wasn't right for that skrawny little mess, James to call her fat, but seriously, you don't mess with someone's livelihood. You just don't. Take a lesson if you think it was appropriate or funny or ?? Making someone jobless if F'd!! You are taking away their ability to have shelter over their head, to have food in their belly. It's the lowest of the low to go after someone's job. But I think Katie showed her bullying streak long before now, it's just that now it seems to be showing much more than it used to. I am looking forward to seeing how that all plays out and if Katie finally calms down a bit and recognizes that it's not okay to lord power over the people in your life like that.

Also want to comment on Kristin - what is her deal with James? There's "hating" an ex, and then there's straight up obsession. I don't know what James did for that girl. He seems like he'd be a pretty awful lover, but seriously he must have made her see god or something with the way she makes her whole life and every thought all about him and what he's doing and how to insinuate herself into anything involving him and trying to control his life, his future, any relationship he has... It's crazytown!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Lisa is such a hypocrite.  Her whole storyline, as others have pointed out, is putting a "face" on this bar, and while we have two perfectly acceptable male faces, Lisa throws this in the mix?!? (It's one of her better pics, BTW!  How she looked last night made me want to watch this show from a radio). I know that some things are genetic, and can't be compensated for, such as RBF, but how is this person in any way aspirational?  Girl friend, get a stylist, a trainer, or a surgeon, or, better yet, relegate yourself to something high-earning and meaningful, but not necessarily based on looks.  I mean, take away the hair, and I'm staring at a shark wedged between two boulders whose upper lip got snatched off by a porpoise.  (I wouldn't be so mean if Pandora wasn't such a bitch.  Oh, but I already mentioned she's related to Lisa, so I repeat myself...)

82021DF2-C24E-44A1-93F4-DD23BA55F292-504-0000006325D24BCC.jpg.36460ef2b3f9dbfa2c224e94cb9802d7.jpg

Is that ^^^^^ a pic of Brittany? My apologies for being uncertain.

And I'm really excited that Lala is single again! Hope she comes back with her unique persona of sweet little c***! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Also want to comment on Kristin - what is her deal with James? There's "hating" an ex, and then there's straight up obsession. I don't know what James did for that girl. He seems like he'd be a pretty awful lover, but seriously he must have made her see god or something with the way she makes her whole life and every thought all about him and what he's doing and how to insinuate herself into anything involving him and trying to control his life, his future, any relationship he has... It's crazytown!

First, Kristen is messy and loves to insert herself in drama that has absolutely nothing to do with her. If you go back and watch seasons 1 - 3, you'll see her slowly shambling into frame with her cigarette during many of the arguments in the alley.

Second, Kristen has no ability to be objective about how her own actions have impacted her life. She spent more than a season trying to prove that Sandoval was also cheating on Ariana. She was hell bent on proving that Sandoval was fundamentally incapable of staying faithful and maybe he is, but he and Ariana have found a way to make it work. Kristen wanted to place all of the onus on the implosion of their relationship on Sandoval instead of realizing that she and Sandoval were incompatible. I think she gets that now.

With James, Kristen is really fixated on why he continues to get second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh chances with LVP and the group. Kristen ignores how James has always been willing to grovel to LVP whereas Kristen won't. She also ignores how the guys have never been able to hold grudges against each other because they keep forgiving Jax who is a grade A shitbag. When the girls have screwed up, they are sometimes excommunicated for weeks, months, and years. Scheana's about ready to leave the show and city.

38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Pandora Vanderpump Todd Sabo.

38 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

And I'm really excited that Lala is single again! Hope she comes back with her unique persona of sweet little c***! 

She's not single. The split was temporary. She's back with MyMan. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

No, that's my fault;  I didn't make it clear about whom I was posting.  It's Lisa's daughter, Pandora. She and Brittany do bear a passing resemblance, but I think Brittany is much more attractive, and she's kind, so I see beauty in her much more easily.

I tried to find a pic of the two of them together, but couldn't (not that I'm shocked that they don't hang out), but I found pics of them posed with their men for comparison's sake (btw I didn't pick the best or near the best pic of Brittany just to make a point lol).  Pandora is on top, Brittany is on bottom.  DC5285CD-AFE6-4D65-88FF-95C6DD58C867-178-0000001C29F91415.jpg.27f23b475e149f19e5526f49bcd6bd6b.jpgE62F17C5-D5E0-46BB-A41C-14038F745D4F-178-0000001C6C928051.thumb.jpg.e600dd674d341b24ab719a410d73b87d.jpg

• Love 1

I think the explanation LVP gave about bringing in the mixologist was reasonable in the sense that it makes sense to have an expert give you tips on how to maximize your costs and product output, however, I do feel that the whole 'if she says it's no good then we can't have it' was contrived for the sole purpose of creating content for the show. She named the bar after the Toms based on their expertise with cocktails and obviously she knows the drinks are good...she tasted them at the soft launch and got wasted. I was totally expecting that most if not all of their creations would make the menu but it just seemed lazy to me to make it seem like the fate of the menu would rest in the hands of one person's opinions. Surely, she isn't the only great mixologist in all of LA.

Call me crazy but Jax's conversation with the Toms didn't seem to come from a place of genuine concern for his friends and what they're up to...it felt more like he was sowing doubts in their minds about their partnership with LVP and maybe I think that because Jax has basically admitted that he was low key jealous of the Toms for having such an opportunity and he was still figuring out his life.

Lala's comments about her relationship with Randall said a lot. The fact that he would take away expensive shoes he bought for her to teach her a lesson and remind her who provides her lavish lifestyle is fucked up and while I'm not entirely convinced that Lala isn't at least partially with him for his money, it's messed up to think a solid foundation can be built with any person who sees themselves as the person in control because they have all the money in the relationship.

• Love 9
On 2/25/2019 at 10:07 PM, ghoulina said:

Can I just take a shallow moment to remark on how BAD Scheana's hair is? I mean, it's really bad. There's just no excuse for that. If they're extensions, toss 'em out and start over!

This episode was pretty heavy. Kristen and Carter are clearly unhappy. But he's taken care of; and she's afraid of being alone. They need to just cut their losses and move on. Stassi's pep talk was really sweet. It isn't going to be a fairy tale every day. But it shouldn't be a nightmare either. 

Then there's Lala's stuff. I actually started crying when she was talking about her Dad. I think Lala is pretty awful a lot of the time, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. It's so sad.

And Rand. The bloom is off the rose. He not only broke their pact, but he then tried to blame it on her. Dude sounds like a real douche. Oh well, when you date for money....you earn every penny!

I felt a rush of relief when the mixologist approved of the Toms' drinks. I know they aren't college trained or anything,but they're not compete noobs either. They put a lot of thought and effort into that menu. I'm glad they got the payoff.

Oy, I cringed when Lala was talking about her one skill. UGH. Sad IMO.

Kristen is also sad. Why is it so tragic (for these people) to be single???

Lisa V is letting her meanness shine & I'm glad. She is a mean, horrible woman.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Mazzy said:

You are taking away their ability to have shelter over their head, to have food in their belly. It's the lowest of the low to go after someone's job. But I think Katie showed her bullying streak long before now, it's just that now it seems to be showing much more than it used to.

Yep, it's one of the worst things you can do to a person and certainly to a man.  It's more than just being able to pay your bills.  For a lot of men, they define themselves by their job because they have put so much time and energy into it.

10 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Oh. My. Goddddddd!!!!!!!!  This line had me screeeeching and howling!!!  I laughed so hard!!!

So, last season, it was the pasta and this season it's potato salad.

Why was Schwartz stressing so much about getting dressed???  Just iron your shirt and pants, and wear a tie.  If you wear a buttoned vest without the suit jacket, you still look formal and professional, but not so much in I'm-wearing-THE-SUIT kind of way.  For a casual-business look, a long-sleeve button shirt tucked into business pants without a tie.  Why all the stress???

• Love 3

Does anyone here not drink?  Like, at all?  I have nothing against it, but I'm a never-drinker and I'm not religious or socially-reserved.  I just never got into it and I'm tired of getting judged for it.  Never would have thought that I would get judged for NOT drinking.  It'd be one thing if I'm at an event and I'm sighing and looking down on people who are drinking and criticising out-loud about it, but I never do that.  I've yet to meet someone who doesn't drink because that's just how they are, and not because they're ultra-religious and super-conservative.

Besides, who do they look at when they need a safe ride home?  Yours truly. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Lisa and Ken thought naming a bar after you and letting you get in on the ground floor with minimal investment (relatively speaking) would be a good career move.  She should easily have put in another 100K herself or even gotten another silent partner.  Please stop acting like you and Schwartz are 30% partners in this venture, and that somehow your participation is necessary.  

Yes!  Exactly!  To me Lisa did them a huge favor.  An investment of $50K probably wouldn’t even cover the cost of the lighting. Each Tom is more of an investor, not a partner.  I realize it’s significant money to them, I get it.  But they sure expect to have a lot of say in how things are run, and they don’t realize how small their investment really is.  She did them a favor by using their names on the bar and putting their picture on the wall.  They will likely get a great return on their investments, as well as steady employment (which Schwartz doesn’t have at the moment). They get to have the spotlight and the celeb factor and have a place for their friends to hang out and have greatly increased roles in the show.  They get to invent cocktails to go on the menu, they get to learn how a business is run.  Sandoval seems to have fun ideas but they are not conducive to running a successfully paced business. If he’s unhappy, he can take his $50K and try to open his own place.  Then he will learn what a pittance that really is, especially if he needs to buy every crazy bar appliance.  Diamond shaped ice cubes and frozen foam are cute when Lisa pays for them, and less so when you have to dig deep yourself. 

Also, while 50,000 dollars is a lot of money to a bartender or to a part-time model, is it really that much to a reality show star, especially when each Tom has a significant other also starring on the show?  Sandoval has to stop acting like Lisa robbed them of their life savings 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Neveragain said:

Also, while 50,000 dollars is a lot of money to a bartender or to a part-time model, is it really that much to a reality show star, especially when each Tom has a significant other also starring on the show?  Sandoval has to stop acting like Lisa robbed them of their life savings 

I've been wondering about this too, not as it relates to TomTom but just in general.

We all acknowledge that the show pays these guys, right? They are "stars" of a TV show. Right? So do you think they really still waitress and bartend? Like if I were to go to SUR I might see Lala hostessing?? I get really confused when they ask Lisa for a day off and she gets snippy about it or when they "go to work". Do you think it's just a contractual thing for the show? And what I really want to know, contract or not, do they work actual shifts or just film the 'going in to work' bits and then go home?? Because who's gonna bust their butts as a waitress when they are probably making thousands per episode?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

Does anyone here not drink?  Like, at all?  I have nothing against it, but I'm a never-drinker and I'm not religious or socially-reserved.  I just never got into it and I'm tired of getting judged for it.  Never would have thought that I would get judged for NOT drinking.  It'd be one thing if I'm at an event and I'm sighing and looking down on people who are drinking and criticising out-loud about it, but I never do that.  I've yet to meet someone who doesn't drink because that's just how they are, and not because they're ultra-religious and super-conservative.

I don't drink either. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SarahPrtr said:

I drink maybe once a week - a glass of wine on Friday after work or during a football game.  I have nothing but admiration for people who are in alcohol-fueled situations and ask for virgin versions of drinks, soft drinks or water and have to endure the idiots asking the question "why aren't you drinking" as if it's an affront to THEM that they have a glass of wine; of course, they're also the ones checking on the location of sobriety points on their way home. 

You don't have to apologize to anyone, Sweets - if anything you're OWED one.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I've been wondering about this too, not as it relates to TomTom but just in general.

We all acknowledge that the show pays these guys, right? They are "stars" of a TV show. Right? So do you think they really still waitress and bartend? Like if I were to go to SUR I might see Lala hostessing?? I get really confused when they ask Lisa for a day off and she gets snippy about it or when they "go to work". Do you think it's just a contractual thing for the show? And what I really want to know, contract or not, do they work actual shifts or just film the 'going in to work' bits and then go home?? Because who's gonna bust their butts as a waitress when they are probably making thousands per episode?

I believe it's been discussed elsewhere and here that the cast members who supposedly "work" at SUR actually don't work there except during filming the season.  Except apparently James, who was indeed hosting that See You Next Tuesday every week.  I caught that he said to Lisa during their discussion that he'd heard from (actual working) servers at SUR that they wish he were back because they were no longer pulling the income from Tuesday nights that they were previously.  I for one would love to hear how they feel about Katie getting James fired, hurting their pocketbooks.  

Here's a recent article from People Online that gives the skinny:  https://people.com/food/vanderpump-rules-cast-behind-the-scenes-exclusive-secrets/

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Not a big drinker, I’d rather eat my calories than drink them.  Like you I’m not religious or socially reserved.  My friends live for wine, but I’m an eater!  My sister also barely drinks, for the simple fact that she gets lightheaded and buzzed after half of one drink, and she doesn’t like that feeling, so she doesn’t bother 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

First, Kristen is messy and loves to insert herself in drama that has absolutely nothing to do with her. If you go back and watch seasons 1 - 3, you'll see her slowly shambling into frame with her cigarette during many of the arguments in the alley.

Second, Kristen has no ability to be objective about how her own actions have impacted her life. She spent more than a season trying to prove that Sandoval was also cheating on Ariana. She was hell bent on proving that Sandoval was fundamentally incapable of staying faithful and maybe he is, but he and Ariana have found a way to make it work. Kristen wanted to place all of the onus on the implosion of their relationship on Sandoval instead of realizing that she and Sandoval were incompatible. I think she gets that now.

With James, Kristen is really fixated on why he continues to get second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh chances with LVP and the group. Kristen ignores how James has always been willing to grovel to LVP whereas Kristen won't. She also ignores how the guys have never been able to hold grudges against each other because they keep forgiving Jax who is a grade A shitbag. When the girls have screwed up, they are sometimes excommunicated for weeks, months, and years. Scheana's about ready to leave the show and city.

She's not single. The split was temporary. She's back with MyMan. 

I was wondering why so many thought the split was permanent.  They got engaged in September and the trip to Solvang was in July.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Higgins said:

Does anyone here not drink?  Like, at all?  I have nothing against it, but I'm a never-drinker and I'm not religious or socially-reserved.  I just never got into it and I'm tired of getting judged for it.  Never would have thought that I would get

I drink and I have friends/acquaintances that do not ever drink. It doesn't cause any issues in our friendships. Not any more of an issue than having friends who love pot and I don't. It's all about how one behaves when they are drinking or smoking pot. Nobody should judge us for anything (Unless you're Jesus, Buddha, God, Lisa Van der Pump or whoever else is allegedly perfect!😁)

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Your "friends" who drink need to get the Uber & Lyft apps on their phone and quit expecting a free ride from you. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I drink maybe once a week - a glass of wine on Friday after work or during a football game.  I have nothing but admiration for people who are in alcohol-fueled situations and ask for virgin versions of drinks, soft drinks or water and have to endure the idiots asking the question "why aren't you drinking" as if it's an affront to THEM that they have a glass of wine; of course, they're also the ones checking on the location of sobriety points on their way home. 

You don't have to apologize to anyone, Sweets - if anything you're OWED one.

I almost never drink. I’ve never had any interest. I also am one of the 20 to 25% of the population who is a super taster. There is a bitter flavor that only some people can taste and I’m on of them (I’ve been tested). This makes alcoholic drinks taste much more bitter than they do for other people, which is one reason I don’t enjoy drinking. I’m not religious or socially conservative either. I don’t judge others who do drink so it’s never been a problem for my friends but people do think it’s weird when they first find out. Wine and beer give me horrendous migraines so that is usually what I tell people to avoid having to explain that I’m not religious, or a recovering alcoholic, or something like that. It shouldn’t be weird or something that needed an explanation but we live in a drinking culture and it’s so pervasive that people do wonder about it if you don’t drink unless you provide an explanation. People have sometimes asked me when I haven’t. It can be hard not to drink even if you don’t want to because drinking is part of business deals, and social events, and such. 

I used to listen to Stassi’s podcast and if she and Kristen drink as much as they say they do on the podcast and in the show I do worry about them. I think they both would qualify as alcoholics, which, to be clear, is not a judgment. I’m actually a bit concerned because it seems like they drink all day almost every day, which is objectively not healthy physically or mentally. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I drink and I have friends/acquaintances that do not ever drink. It doesn't cause any issues in our friendships. Not any more of an issue than having friends who love pot and I don't. It's all about how one behaves when they are drinking or smoking pot. Nobody should judge us for anything (Unless you're Jesus, Buddha, God, Lisa Van der Pump or whoever else is allegedly perfect!😁)

This quote is not mine. The forum is a little off still!!!

I apologize if this this is off-topic, but does anyone know what the green reaction face (as well as the blue reaction face) means in this new format?  I can't quite get the faces (maybe it's my face-blindedness), but I don't know whether someone thinks my comment makes me a cankerous whore or whether they just thought it was cringe-worthy, so...any input?  

Also, just to bring it back to the episode, why is it cool for peeps to state that Scheana's hair looks dirty and smelly, when Scheana hasn't really done anything wrong in this environment (save for being Scheana), but it's, like, a negative to say Pandora doesn't look good?  It kinda seems like a double-standard if that is the case. 

Can we agree that they are both physically and otherwise offputting in completely different ways?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:
17 hours ago, Mazzy said:

You are taking away their ability to have shelter over their head, to have food in their belly. It's the lowest of the low to go after someone's job. 

Yep, it's one of the worst things you can do to a person and certainly to a man.  It's more than just being able to pay your bills.  For a lot of men, they define themselves by their job because they have put so much time and energy into it.

... this is sarcasm, right? Normally it doesn't fly over my head when I see it but I'm not entirely sure this time around, which means that either it's a masterful bit of sarcasm and bravo or I need to go shower to get scrub away the icky feelings these words originally gave me. 

• Love 15
6 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Kristen is also sad. Why is it so tragic (for these people) to be single???

I don't get it. I LOVE being single. I've been with my husband for 13 years and I'm happily married. But if something were to happen, I think I'd be done. I'd just live out my years hanging with family and few close friends. Relationships are exhausting! LOL

6 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I don't drink. At all. I used to. I drank pretty heavily in my late teens/early 20s. I got a DUI at the age of 23. I come from a family of alcoholics. I'm not sure I'd say I was one, but I did not have a good relationship with alcohol. When I got pregnant with my first child, I quit drinking. And I was either pregnant and/or breasfeeding for the next 5 years. Once I'd gone that long, I realized that alcohol and I made better strangers than friends. I have a great time without it. I've NEVER had anyone question me or criticize me for it, though. I'm sorry you experience that. 

I could see the bastards on this show being like that, though. They're definitely the type to pressure everyone into drinking. I hate that shit. 

• Love 13

Of course Tom and Tom know little about the financial ins and outs of making a bar financially successful. Bringing in a professional mixologist to help tweak the cocktail menu is smart- however- when LVP encouraged the Toms to get involved in planning the drink menu, she should have explained that creative tasty drinks are only half the equation- they also need to be profitable as well as user friendly for all the bartenders. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, glowbug said:

I used to listen to Stassi’s podcast and if she and Kristen drink as much as they say they do on the podcast and in the show I do worry about them. I think they both would qualify as alcoholics, which, to be clear, is not a judgment. I’m actually a bit concerned because it seems like they drink all day almost every day, which is objectively not healthy physically or mentally. 

Being on a reality show, they are encouraged to drink by the producers because it makes them say things which their sober selves probably wouldn't (except maybe Jax) and create drama among those with a proclivity to alcohol.  If they only drink without eating, even better, because they'll get drunk quicker.

I remember Lala saying a few seasons ago that Mormons are champs for what they do in the bedroom before marriage because she doesn't want to do anal or give multiple BJs a day.  And now she's saying something else.  Okay.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

also need to be profitable as well as user friendly for all the bartenders. 

One we don’t don’t know that she didn’t and two of they didn’t know that they are stupid. I am not suggesting that they should know all the tricks but if they didn’t realize that being profitable, made well regardless of the bartender, and be fast enough to be made quickly in a hopping bar than they are morons and should have been welcoming the input.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Hey! One of her many skills. Her pussy also takes a D like a champ. I imagine that her ass could too if needed to be pressed into service. We also know that she's willing to toss a salad because she accidentally let it slip in season 4 that she had been doing that with the football player that she was actually dating and then immediately afterwards went to work on music with James where the two made out. Lala is multi-talented.

7 hours ago, Mazzy said:

7 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I believe it's been discussed elsewhere and here that the cast members who supposedly "work" at SUR actually don't work there except during filming the season.  Except apparently James, who was indeed hosting that See You Next Tuesday every week.  I caught that he said to Lisa during their discussion that he'd heard from (actual working) servers at SUR that they wish he were back because they were no longer pulling the income from Tuesday nights that they were previously.  I for one would love to hear how they feel about Katie getting James fired, hurting their pocketbooks.  

Here's a recent article from People Online that gives the skinny:  https://people.com/food/vanderpump-rules-cast-behind-the-scenes-exclusive-secrets/

Sandoval also does a Tuesday shift at SUR. It looks like it happens at least once a month. Billie still does her brunch hosting. Girls Night In seems to have restarted recently, but I don't believe it's happening every week. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it restarted because some people like Katie and Brittany were surprised at how polarizing their parts in the discontinuation See You Next Tuesday were with viewers, especially how their gambit reduced the potential for tips for people who actually worked at SUR. LVP will never say it, but the cast gets it. She's turned these establishments into amusement parks/zoos where customers have the opportunity to glimpse a drunken Jax in its natural habitat or see the miserable Katie in the wild...AND spend a good chunk of change on crappy drinks and food.

8 hours ago, Neveragain said:

Yes!  Exactly!  To me Lisa did them a huge favor.  An investment of $50K probably wouldn’t even cover the cost of the lighting. Each Tom is more of an investor, not a partner.  I realize it’s significant money to them, I get it.  But they sure expect to have a lot of say in how things are run, and they don’t realize how small their investment really is.  She did them a favor by using their names on the bar and putting their picture on the wall.  They will likely get a great return on their investments, as well as steady employment (which Schwartz doesn’t have at the moment). They get to have the spotlight and the celeb factor and have a place for their friends to hang out and have greatly increased roles in the show.  They get to invent cocktails to go on the menu, they get to learn how a business is run.  Sandoval seems to have fun ideas but they are not conducive to running a successfully paced business. If he’s unhappy, he can take his $50K and try to open his own place.  Then he will learn what a pittance that really is, especially if he needs to buy every crazy bar appliance.  Diamond shaped ice cubes and frozen foam are cute when Lisa pays for them, and less so when you have to dig deep yourself. 

The thing many people leave out of their analyses of the TomTom partnership is the value of the Toms, their significant others, and friends notoriety. It's been alluded to during the discussions of See You Next Tuesday. However, we cannot ignore that the presence of these people at a venue does translate into an uptick in sales. They are the baby gorillas/baby pandas of the Bravo world. 

The Toms earn at least $10K each per appearance. The Toms and Jax have been able to command up to $50K for a single appearance. Lisa fucking knows this too because season 3 is when the power dynamic changed. However, LVP knows that by making them partners and maybe insisting that at least one of them puts in some face time every week she's getting a massive inducement to customers to patronize TomTom. This explains why the Toms initially suggested putting in just sweat equity via appearances because they knew that their presence is actually worth many tens of thousands of dollars. So in reality they've put in $50K and thousands of dollars in appearances.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Being on a reality show, they are encouraged to drink by the producers because it makes them say things which their sober selves probably wouldn't (except maybe Jax) and create drama among those with a proclivity to alcohol.  If they only drink without eating, even better, because they'll get drunk quicker.

If you listen to Stassi's podcast (I haven't listen in a year or more so things could have changed) she talks about drinking all the the time, even when Vanderpump Rules isn't filming. She and Kristen have also both talked about Kristen drinking all day, from morning to night, while not filming as well. They may just be playing up an image but if they're both telling the truth their alcohol use is concerning. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, glowbug said:

If you listen to Stassi's podcast (I haven't listen in a year or more so things could have changed she talks about drinking all the the time, even when Vanderpump Rules isn't filming. She and Kristen have also both talked about Kristen drinking all day, from morning to night, while not filming as well. They may just be playing up an image but if they're both telling the truth their alcohol use is concerning. 

Well then, Kristen is definitely an alcoholic and she may be in denial in the "I don't HAVE to drink, I just like to." way.  She's also feeding off the shame, which is also something that addicts do.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Sounds like an affliction for which the pharmaceutical companies can and will come up with a cure. 

I do see a slight resemblance in Pandora and Ken. But I see more Brittany in Pandora.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

... this is sarcasm, right? Normally it doesn't fly over my head when I see it but I'm not entirely sure this time around, which means that either it's a masterful bit of sarcasm and bravo or I need to go shower to get scrub away the icky feelings these words originally gave me. 

That going after someone's job is horrible? No. It wasn't sarcasm.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

That going after someone's job is horrible? No. It wasn't sarcasm.

This actually shouldn't be surprising. The Coven has admitted that was what they were attempting to do to Scheana during seasons 1 & 2 because they wanted Schwartz to be a full cast member.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Exactly!

• Love 1