Type keyword(s) to search

Rocketman (2019)

Robert Lynch
  • Start Topic

I really enjoyed it. The only thing that bummed me out was there was only a snippet of "I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blues" because that's one of my faves, but that's okay. I loved the fantasy breakout numbers especially "Saturday's Alright for Fighting."

I kind of hope his parents are exaggerated since it broke my heart every time they let him down or said something awful to him, but that's sadly probably more reality than fantasy.

Taron was great (as was Jamie Bell) and I predict he'll be collecting some awards in a few months. 

• Love 3

I just saw it. I enjoyed the acting by all and really loved hearing the songs. I must admit though that this was a bit too far into the musical genre for me. I hate musicals but not movies with musical performances in it. I hope that makes sense. I do wonder how much of the recount of Elton’s parents was exaggerated. Also, every real life character  for the main male characters got an acting counterpart that really upped them in the looks department. 

• Love 3

I saw the film this afternoon and took some time to reflect upon what I watched. Honestly, I thought it was solid. It took a lot of risks; some didn't pay off quite well and others really got it right. The more I sit, thinking about the movie, the more I find myself liking about it.

Was it a perfect biopic/fantasy musical? Of course not. But damn if it wasn't great. I know people are comparing it to Bohemian Rhapsody, a film I still I haven't seen, but I do read that this film hits the notes that BR simply couldn't. 

Taron Egerton was simply amazing. You can tell how much him and Elton collaborated with how he got a lot of Elton's simple gestures down pat. Richard Madden did great, but the one I was most impressed by was Jamie Bell. Damn, the Bernie/Elton platonic love was my favourite part of the entire film. Both Taron and Jamie really sold that love between them well. 

Elton's parents were really awful. I hope it wasn't nearly that bad in real life for Elton. 

The musical numbers were woven into the film quite well. They took the most risk with each musical sequence and although I don't think they nailed all of them, they all made some sort of impact. Each one had its own uniqueness to it, which was nice. I would definitely compare the musical aspect to The Beatles' Across The Universe, in that they really went in on the fantasy aspect of it. 

Were there some things I wish they did differently? Yes, of course. I would have liked some of the more emotional moments expanded on more. Some felt abrupt; some felt like they were barely shown before the film moved on to the next musical number (for example, Renate was only in about two minutes of the film). But they also nailed Elton's issues and insecurities, especially through the music. 

On 5/20/2019 at 10:59 AM, Yokosmom said:

When it was done, I thought to myself, well this was enjoyable, but I don't really need to see again.  But I've been thinking about it all weekend, and already have the urge to watch a second time.

I feel the same way. I didn't think I would want to see it again, but the more time that has passed by, the more I realize that I kind of do want to see it again. 

On the plus side, it has reinvigorated my love for Elton John's music. I've been nonstop listening to the Rocketman soundtrack since getting home, and that was five hours ago.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Enigma X said:

I must admit though that this was a bit too far into the musical genre for me. I hate musicals but not movies with musical performances in it. I hope that makes sense

It makes total sense. I agree.

• Love 3

I loved the movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Taron Egerton was great and so was Jaime Bell. I found the relationship between Elton and Bernie so moving and sweet, it made me teary.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I loved the movie. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Taron Egerton was great and so was Jaime Bell. I found the relationship between Elton and Bernie so moving and sweet, it made me teary.

Yup. I had tears streaming down my face during the Your Song scenes. And Tiny Dancer, as Elton watches Bernie with the girl at the party. In real life, Bernie wrote that song about his girlfriend. 

And from what I’ve read through the years, Elton’s parents WERE just that horrible. Maybe worse. His step-father wasn’t portrayed that badly at all. His grandmother seemed the most supportive. 

• Love 1

I just got back from seeing this, and I loved it.  What a perfect way to tell this story -- through flashbacks in group therapy at rehab.  The costume changing during rehab was a great representation of how he was opening up and getting back to himself.

I am impressed that Elton and David encouraged his story to be told the way it was.  Elton did not come off well during most of it. 

Totally loved the original video bits for "I'm Still Standing" at the end.  I remember that being on heavy rotation back when MTV actually showed videos.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder what John Reid thinks of this film.

Bryce Dallas Howard is unrecognizable in this movie.

Reid really came off as cold and gold-digging, which seems a bit too black and white to me. I'd think there must have been some genuine affection and good times over the course of 5 years living together, and he remained Elton's manager for 20 years after their romantic relationship ended!

While watching the film I thought Sheila was being played by Imelda Staunton with some de-aging CGI.

• Love 1
(edited)

Absolutely loved it. Already had a huge crush on Taron Egerton but he blew me away. What a voice, what a performance. I hope this does huge things for his career. Shame Rami Malek won so recently because there is very little chance he will win for a similar type of film, but he was incredible.

Richard Madden was an awful character but still dreamy. My goodness, those eyes and that accent. Jamie Bell was also fantastic, what a lovely relationship John & Taupin have had. 

Overall, I really liked it and so did my husband who is really only familiar with Elton's biggest hits and knew nothing about his life. It's a very engrossing look at a very interesting man and nails the loneliness and sadness while still being a fun time at the movies. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 12
On 6/1/2019 at 5:10 AM, methodwriter85 said:

That was fantastic, and I loved the implication that Elton wrote it for Bernie. Taron and Jamie were definitely playing it that way. It's sweet to think that it was based on a platonic love.

Actually, I think, as Bernie always wrote the lyrics first, it was the other way around. 

• Love 2

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this movie!!!  I recall all the excitement over Elton's music when I was a kid and teen.....so, one of my best friends from that time went with me.  It brought back so many memories.  I know all his music, so this was a real treat.  I cried several times. He really let himself be portrayed as vulnerable and insufferable.  I appreciate that. 

The only thing that I might suggest is if they could put the year a scene occurred  in a caption when they start a new scene.  It would have been nice to keep things in perspective.  

I have actually seen Elton in concert 4 times.  AND, each time, he played and sang his heart out.  Like it was the last show he would ever perform.  Each time, I thought he couldn't get better, but, then he would.  Man, I love this guy. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Sharpie66 said:

I think they skipped time-stamping scenes since they were playing a little fast and loose with the time frame, at least some of the time.

Oh, I see.  I wondered why it seemed like the songs were out of order a little.  I just thought it was me.  

One thing about the movie that really appealed to me is that it touched my heart.  That little boy just wanted love.  It really called into play how that is the core of our being.  All the money on the planet can't replace that need for love and acceptance.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 6:49 PM, Lady Calypso said:

but I do read that this film hits the notes that BR simply couldn't. 

I think that's where BoRhap suffered from the PG-13 rating.  Not that I didn't love the movie--I did and I'm happy that Rami won, I just think that you can't compare the two movies because they are so different.

But, onto this one.  Get ready for awards season Taron!  @SallyAlbright may be right in that they won't give awards for the same type of performance two years in a row, but if other nominees aren't quite as good, I really hope they can overlook that.  He was fantastic. 

It took me a little while (about 10-15 minutes) to get into it, then I started loving it.  I love how they used the songs, and the perfect ones for each scene.  The "Your Song" montage was beautiful.

I hated his mother, but wanted to choke his father when he was so playful with his younger sons while Elton watched.  However, the only time I teared up was when his inner child asked for a hug. That scene was beautifully done.  And speaking of his inner child--everyone in my group exclaimed "Wow!" when we saw the picture of the child actor next to the picture of Elton at the same age.  What fantastic casting.  And the kid could sing, too!  What luck to find him.

Obviously I knew he was incredibly talented, but I had no idea that he was a prodigy. Wow.   I haven't seen him in concert, but have always wanted to.  I think he's in town this fall, so I'm going to see if I can get tickets--even if I can only afford the nosebleed seats. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 7
(edited)

YMMV but I don't think the success of Bohemian Rhapsody and Rami's winning the year before is what is going to hurt Taron's award chances. I think it's the fact that the movie came out so early in the year and so will likely run the risk of getting forgotten and overshadowed by all the Oscar bait films that are sure to be pushed out in the Fall.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I haven't seen him in concert, but have always wanted to.  I think he's in town this fall, so I'm going to see if I can get tickets--even if I can only afford the nosebleed seats. 

He's really good in concert!  I've seen him twice, and while he can't quite get those high notes any more, it's still a good show.

• Love 2

My favorite from the movie versions was Elton and Renatta doing Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me!!!!  Beautiful harmony.  I'm getting the soundtrack just for that song. You can buy the songs separately, but, I think I do want them all.  From the originals, by Elton, I love Saturday Night's Alright, Your Song, Tiny Dancer and Good Bye Yellow Brick Road.  Oh, and Daniel, though, he only played a small snippet of that in the movie. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My favorite from the movie versions was Elton and Renatta doing Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me!!!! 

Yeah, I loved that. I really loved this movie and I was fine with the songs not being accurate to the time because the point was to use the lyrics to tell the story. I loved how I Want Love was used for the family scene even though that song was from 2001. I love that song but I can't ever hear it though without seeing Robert Downey Jr's big sad brown eyes. 

There was a lot more Bernie Taupin/Jamie Bell that I thought there'd be just going by the trailers. I'm really happy about that, Jamie Bell did such a great job playing low key guy Bernie. I said to my son last night that I was glad about it because younger people going to see this movie might not ever know that Bernie is the lyricist for most of Elton's songs and my son was like, "I didn't know that" so point proven!

On 6/1/2019 at 8:49 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Taron Egerton was simply amazing. You can tell how much him and Elton collaborated with how he got a lot of Elton's simple gestures down pat. Richard Madden did great, but the one I was most impressed by was Jamie Bell. Damn, the Bernie/Elton platonic love was my favourite part of the entire film. Both Taron and Jamie really sold that love between them well.

Yep, loved the friendship. I'm glad Elton at least had that because his parents were just horrid.

I've loved Elton John since I was a little girl and his music has brought me so much joy. I do a youtube session at least every couple of weeks and probably listen to at least one of his songs every day. I saw him once in concert in 1985 and I hope to catch him one last time before he quits touring. I couldn't help but feel bad when I was watching this movie when I thought about how much joy I've always gotten from his music while not knowing how very sad he was for such a long time. Sorry to get sappy right here at the end but the movie did make me tear up a few times.

Oh, I think I read somewhere that he was going to have a book coming out soon. I'll be snapping that up because I realized that I don't know as much about Elton as I want to.

• Love 5

I saw the movie last night and loved it. Great acting from everyone especially Taron Egerton, he deserves an Oscar. As a long time Elton fan I knew a lot about his music, career, and life from watching many interviews and reading many articles about him. I remember reading the 1976 interview he did with Rolling Stone when he said he was bi-sexual ( really he was gay).

I knew the movie was a fantasy biopic and wouldn’t be accurate and not everything was the truth. But that’s ok, it was his story as seen thru the eyes of an addict.

Elton was always very vocal in interviews about his father being cold and distant but I was surprised he let his mother be vilified so much in this movie. In past interviews he always praised his mom for being supportive of his career, he got into rock music because she bought him records, admitted he was a mama’s boy. IDK, I’m thinking she was not as horrible in real life as she was portrayed in the movie. At the showing I went to the whole audience gasped out loud during that last scene in the restaurant when she told him she wished he’d never been born. Did she really say that to him in real life? She’s gone and can’t defend herself.

I’ll bet this becomes a musical play, I’ll go see it. And he has an autobiography coming out in October, I’ll be reading that too. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Browncoat said:

He's really good in concert!  I've seen him twice, and while he can't quite get those high notes any more, it's still a good show.

Well, I just checked it out, and sadly, it's not going to happen.  The nosebleed seats (I've been in this auditorium many times--it's not the biggest I've been in, but the seats are still way up there) start at $305 each.  I've seen Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, The Eagles, Queen w/ Paul Rogers and Adam Lambert.  I was really hoping to add Elton to the list, but I could never make it happen.  Oh well. 

3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I’ll bet this becomes a musical play, I’ll go see it.

That's exactly what I thought as soon as the opening act started  :)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Well, I just checked it out, and sadly, it's not going to happen.  The nosebleed seats (I've been in this auditorium many times--it's not the biggest I've been in, but the seats are still way up there) start at $305 each.  I've seen Fleetwood Mac, Billy Joel, The Eagles, Queen w/ Paul Rogers and Adam Lambert.  I was really hoping to add Elton to the list, but I could never make it happen.  Oh well. 

That's exactly what I thought as soon as the opening act started  :)

Shannon, I"m so sorry about those tickets.  If you have the time you might check out winning tickets from a radio station.  I have a friend who is very lucky at that and has won many tickets. And, you might go to the venue and see about buying a single ticket last minute.  Some venues will release single tickets last minute. And, sometimes people end up with a spare ticket last minute and want to unload it at reduced price, so they don't lose all money.  

Oh, I've been reading about how Elton's parents were portrayed and apparently, they were much worse than portrayed in the film!!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why do think that Candle In The Wind was not featured in the soundtrack?

I don't know but I'm so glad it wasn't. I hate that song. I mean I really hate it. Everyone has to have a dud even my beloved Elton. I love Empty Garden though, it's probably my favorite tribute song ever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Just saw it again last night and I'm blown away by the directing as well as the acting, singing and costumes.  I'm going to be pissed if this is overlooked during awards season.

Like I said earlier, I don't think you can compare this movie to BoRap because stylistically they are so completely different (not to mention the different ratings), but I'm really shocked that it's not more popular.  Both EJ and Queen were/are hugely popular and from the same genre and time period, so I wonder why one movie is a bigger draw than the other?  My best guesses are 1. people thought the fantasy aspect would be too weird.  After watching the first trailer, that was my initial thought--that I wasn't sure I wanted to see it because it looked to weird (people floating? Really?).  It was the 2nd trailer that made me want to see it.  and 2.  I know a lot of people who don't like musicals.  They hate it when characters break out into song and dance. 

I wonder if they could re-release it during awards season.  I hope their marketing team is on top of things when it's time for nominations.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

Just saw it again last night and I'm blown away by the directing as well as the acting, singing and costumes.  I'm going to be pissed if this is overlooked during awards season.

Like I said earlier, I don't think you can compare this movie to BoRap because stylistically they are so completely different (not to mention the different ratings), but I'm really shocked that it's not more popular.  Both EJ and Queen were/are hugely popular and from the same genre, so I wonder why one movie is a bigger draw than the other?  My best guesses are 1. people thought the fantasy aspect would be too weird.  After watching the first trailer, that was my initial thought--that I wasn't sure I wanted to see it because it looked to weird (people floating? Really?).  It was the 2nd trailer that made me want to see it.  and 2.  I know a lot of people who don't like musicals.  They hate it when characters break out into song and dance. 

I wonder if they could re-release it during awards season.  I hope their marketing team is on top of things when it's time for nominations.

I think there's a couple of factors. One, it's an R-rated movie and Bohemian Rhapsody was PG-13- it really skimmed lightly over Freddie Mercury's homosexuality and Elton himself didn't want that to be whitewashed in his movie, so they fought for the R, even though the studio wanted to cut the sex scene and make it PG-13.

I hardly think that stuff was graphic in any way (I don't even think this movie deserves an R frankly), but just being in there at all is enough the get the R rating I guess, which is absurd. This movie is perfectly fine for teens.

Two, you're right, the kind of musical it is makes it a different experience, because some people do hate the sorts of musicals where people burst into song spontaneously and they just want concert scenes.

Three, according to box office reports this is reaching an older demographic audience in general than Bohemian did, so I guess younger people are simply more familiar with Queen than Elton John. That surprises me, because I don't know exactly how they would have become more familiar with Queen songs, which were hits around the same time as Elton's (and both had just as huge an impact- if anything, I think Elton's music was more ubiquitous at the time), but I guess that's the case. I also thought young people would have known Lion King era Elton John at least, but maybe not.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

Three, according to box office reports this is reaching an older demographic audience in general than Bohemian did, so I guess younger people are simply more familiar with Queen than Elton John. That surprises me, because I don't know exactly how they would have become more familiar with Queen songs, which were hits around the same time as Elton's (and both had just as huge an impact- if anything, I think Elton's music was more ubiquitous at the time), but I guess that's the case. I also thought young people would have known Lion King era Elton John at least, but maybe not.

I with a group of 20 somethings the other day and they didn't know who Elton John was.  I told them that they would probably recognize his songs if they heard them, then dropped it.  I didn't even think of the Lion King connection. 

I also didn't think about having a smaller audience because of the R-rating, but given how many kids I see in R-rated movies these days, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal.  In regards to the sex scene, as a mother, I wouldn't have minded my kids seeing this one as high schoolers and I think the oral sex scene would have made me flinch more than the love scene.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

Three, according to box office reports this is reaching an older demographic audience in general than Bohemian did, so I guess younger people are simply more familiar with Queen than Elton John. That surprises me, because I don't know exactly how they would have become more familiar with Queen songs, which were hits around the same time as Elton's

Really? Two songs - We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions. No matter what decade/generation someone was born, trust, they know We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions. Because it's only been played for decades at every sports stadium around the world. 

I think it's a little too easy to blame the R-rating and the gay sex scene on why the film isn't doing as well commercially as Bohemian Rhapsody. YMMV but one, I do think it was hurt by coming after Bohemian Rhapsody, especially with Dexter Fletcher being the director.

And so I think unfairly, there were many who felt, "oh this will just be another Bohemian Rhapsody, whatever..." And so already just having come off that, they didn't want to see a redux, even though of course it's not. But perception is hard sometimes to fight against. 

I also think, not trying to be morbid but Elton's being alive also hurts the interest in the whole story if you will. Basically, with Elton still around and to some younger generation, this guy who was huge back then, there isn't as much of a curiosity about his story. I do think when someone famous dies tragically, it immortalizes them in a way that makes their story and the interest in it that much greater.

It's like something I read a few years ago, where a music critic wondered if Kurt Cobain was truly as talented as he's celebrated as being. Or is it case of he died so young and tragically, at the height of his fame and success that it's elevated his status that much more. 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Queen wasn't talented as hell. But I do think Freddie's dying of AIDS and therefore his legacy being this amazing, larger than life but tragic story helped add to the interest and curiosity in seeing the movie and seeing their story.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Really? Two songs - We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions. No matter what decade/generation someone was born, trust, they know We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions. Because it's only been played for decades at every sports stadium around the world. 

And they will continued to be played at sporting events until the end of time. 

I do wish they'd waited to release this one until the end of summer or fall. 

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2

Also worth noting is that many Queen songs are now used in commercials all over the place, the latest being "Don't Stop Me Now" for makeup, of all things. Add in that the cast of Saturday Night Live also just used that song in a parody, and I can see why Queen continues to be more well known.

I also think a factor is, as mentioned, Freddie Mercury died young, and there is always that mystique and larger-than-life aspect associated with something like that.

Finally, Queen may have gone the same trajectory of Elton John if not for Wayne's World using "Bohemian Rhapsody" in that movie. Using those SNL characters to expose more younger people to Queen was a great marketing move.

Elton John did indeed have The Lion King, but maybe the staying power helped the former more than the latter since the audience exposed to Queen were likely teens at the time, while The Lion King ostensibly catered to kids (even if others did love the movie!)?

Just some theories.

(edited)

I took my friend to see it today (my 2nd time) and loved it just as much. 

On another blog, the writer was talking about for my generation (X) Elton John was the cheesy singer who was always there. You heard him on the radio all the time, saw him at the televised awards shows maybe, and somehow knew all the words to his songs even though you had never bought an album. All true in my case. I kinda knew he was talented but never realized how gifted he is. 

I was discussing this with a co-worker who knows all things music and he said the same thing. Thought he was cheesy in the '80s, but took another look when Tiny Dancer was used in Almost Famous which had him reevalute EJ's work and remember how genius and moving his songs were. 

Anyhoo, I think all the factors written above by my fellow posters are why it's not a smash hit like BoRap, but I hope it gives a few people (like myself) a better appreciation for Elton John and Bernie Taupin. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 8

My thoughts on why Queen is more popular than Elton John (basically adding to some of the good opinions already stated) is that Queen has more anthems than John. I also think that is why Queen is used in more commercials.

For some people it is just because they prefer rock songs to soft rock songs. I do prefer (guitar) rock but really stop and listen when 70s era Elton John comes on. The song usually hits the spot.

I said before I hate musicals, but the acting, writing, and directing of this movie has made me love this music biopic more than any other recent music biopic that I have seen.

• Love 3

Loved it!  So glad Elton got his life together and found love.  I literally grew up listening to the music and will always admire Elton and Bernie’s talents.

Are  we to assume his father had a feeling Elton was gay and that’s why he ignored him, because he was homophobic?  Or just because he hated his first wife?

• Love 1
On 6/11/2019 at 6:20 AM, Robert Lynch said:

All I can say is bring on the next musician biopic. 

Zeppelin!  Now THAT will be challenging to make. 

Speaking of the R rating......I know this sounds crazy, but, MY FRIEND and I were both CARDED to gain entry to this movie!  We're pretty cool, but, NOT youngsters. lol 

• Love 1
(edited)

For all that it was R rated, there was so little shown its ridiculous.  YOu didn't see any genitals at all, just kissing, a couple of bare chests and some bare legs.  Is the whole idea of gay sex that taboo still?

Heck, Elton's video for I'm Still Standing showed more skin.  speaking of which, it was pretty obvious they computered Taron into the video, I would have thought tech was better.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Hanahope said:

For all that it was R rated, there was so little shown its ridiculous.  YOu didn't see any genitals at all, just kissing, a couple of bare chests and some bare legs.  Is the whole idea of gay sex that taboo still?

Agreed - for all the talk about the R rating, the censoring in Russia, and the milestone of "the first male/male sex scene EVER shown in a major studio film" (seriously,) I couldn't believe that they did the whole "coyly pan away" thing.

That nonsense aside, I really liked it.  I love that it was done more in the style of a musical and that it included neat fantasy elements - trying to come up with comparisons later, the ones that came to mind were Velvet Goldmine, Moulin Rouge, and the film version of Hedwig.  Even though it told the same basic musician biopic story that we've seen a million times - rise from obscurity to skyrocketing fame, descent into addiction/excess/exploitation, end either with our hero pulling back from the brink or dying tragically - it felt new and inventive and ELTON.

Taron Egerton was terrific, Jamie Bell was wonderful, and I loved Elton and Bernie's relationship - it was the real heart of the film, and watching that "Your Song" scene near about killed me.  I also adored ending on "I'm Still Standing."

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/1/2019 at 7:34 PM, Enigma X said:

Also, every real life character  for the main male characters got an acting counterpart that really upped them in the looks department. 

I remember thinking to myself that Elton looked pretty sexy in the Fosse orgy moment. A shaved hairline, an extra 15 pounds, and Elton John drag aren't going to hide Taron's naturally nice arms, chest and shoulders. Just saying. LOL.

I was also really digging Bernie Tauin's late 70's look at the overdose party.

On another note, it was nice to see Charlie Rowe working. He seemed to be taking a break after Red Band Society ended and I was hoping to see him again. He didn't get much to do here but I'm hoping he'll get more gigs.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I remember thinking to myself that Elton looked pretty sexy in the Fosse orgy moment. A shaved hairline, an extra 15 pounds, and Elton John drag aren't going to hide Taron's naturally nice arms, chest and shoulders. Just saying. LOL.

I was also really digging Bernie Tauin's late 70's look at the overdose party.

On another note, it was nice to see Charlie Rowe working. He seemed to be taking a break after Red Band Society ended and I was hoping to see him again. He didn't get much to do here but I'm hoping he'll get more gigs.

I recognised Charlie in the film, but I could not place him at all until I saw his name in the credits. It was definitely the hair. I loved him in Red Band Society

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Hybridcookie said:

I recognised Charlie in the film, but I could not place him at all until I saw his name in the credits. It was definitely the hair. I loved him in Red Band Society

Me, too. It looks like he took about a 2-year hiatus after RBS. He's kind of in that weird spot where he's probably trying to transition to more adult roles but he could still play teen roles. (If he shaves.) It also looks like this was his first feature film role in 6 years- good for him. In any event, this IMDB photo of him is totes adorbs:

MV5BNTRkMWQ3ZDItNzBjNy00MmFlLWFmYTQtNTBk

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1