Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Meri, On Her Own...

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It is clear that Meri wants validation that she was not in the wrong, poor Meri with the crappy leggings and fugly prints got in way over her head and flat out lied to the fambily about just how involved/love she was with Sam. Look how many others were scammed by JO she will cry, but the fact remains is that those other women were not in a relationship that we know of.  She probably is lying about the threats made to the family...JO was probably just going to expose her and she made it seem that she was in fear of all of them to take the heat off her. Meri is a liar, manipulator and a very bad dresser...

I was one of the people that had some sympathy for Meri back when the divorce happened and when she first got catfished because I thought she might have gotten browbeaten into the divorce and was lonely and depressed (actually clinically depressed, but that was a guess on my part). And, I did not expect her to fully admit everything on camera that she did with "Sam" because I felt she was already humiliated and punished (by Kody and Mariah). I was never a big Meri fan, but I kind of felt a little for her back then, even though she could be a selfish witch at times.

However, I watched some of the last episode and Meri totally lost me. If Meri does not want to admit what happened with JO on camera, then DO NOT continue to make it a storyline by bringing on other victims! If you're going to continue to exploit the situation for the show, then fess up to the reality.

And don't get me started on the request for $40k and her "magical" Parowan house. Everyone here has said what I felt, but I just wanted to reach through the TV and shake her. I thought  her getting the big LV house and wet bar was bad enough, but this was too much.

• Love 21
26 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I'm still looking for Jo's blog.  Any help much appreciated!

If you google.......not batman yet.......... it will come up with the header "Not Batman Yet.  Life as a vegan sure tastes good"  That's the blog in all it's blah blah blah.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If you google.......not batman yet.......... it will come up with the header "Not Batman Yet.  Life as a vegan sure tastes good"  That's the blog in all it's blah blah blah.

Thank you.  It's strange portraying him/ her divorced father of two.  I just started reading so it will take a while to get the hang of it all!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Not worth your time, trust me.  And you'll need a barf bag handy. I made it through a page or two and quit.

• Love 6
Just now, Kohola3 said:

Not worth your time, trust me.  And you'll need a barf bag handy. I made it through a page or two and quit.

I agree.  Your skin crawls and you feel like you need to go take a shower.   It's also irritating and infuriating that this piece of crap woman has the audacity to keep on with her charade as if the REST of us out there are ALL naive and ignorant of what went on with Meri and Kristie and heaven knows who else that was reeled in.   You want to look right into her fat beady eyes and say, "Stop!  Just.... stop."   :::eye roll:::

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

True, but a page or two is all you need to prove that Meri is an idiot for believing anything on "his" page.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

True, but a page or two is all you need to prove that Meri is an idiot for believing anything on "his" page.

Also - using a voice disguiser didn't really make Jackie sound like a guy, in my opinion.  Maybe a really effeminate man, I guess.  If I had been Meri and had initially fallen for the lies "Sam" was spewing, I would have had constant red flags in my peripheral vision.  I honestly thought he always sounded like a butch southern woman.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I agree.  Your skin crawls and you feel like you need to go take a shower.   It's also irritating and infuriating that this piece of crap woman has the audacity to keep on with her charade as if the REST of us out there are ALL naive and ignorant of what went on with Meri and Kristie and heaven knows who else that was reeled in.   You want to look right into her fat beady eyes and say, "Stop!  Just.... stop."   :::eye roll:::

Yes I just looked at it today and thought it was the man posting!  It's all really confusing!  I was looking at the pictures she posted of Meri.  Photo shopped!  Her skin is very tough like shoe leather but in the blog pictures she looked better.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Also - using a voice disguiser didn't really make Jackie sound like a guy, in my opinion.  Maybe a really effeminate man, I guess.  If I had been Meri and had initially fallen for the lies "Sam" was spewing, I would have had constant red flags in my peripheral vision.  I honestly thought he always sounded like a butch southern woman.

Same here!  Gawd, that woman is dumb.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Is there an audio posted somewhere of "Sam's" supposed voice?  That's the part that seems the most shady - how did Jackie get her voice to sound like a man?  Then again, Manti Te'o fell for a man pretending to be a woman's voice too.  

1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

Is there an audio posted somewhere of "Sam's" supposed voice?  That's the part that seems the most shady - how did Jackie get her voice to sound like a man?  Then again, Manti Te'o fell for a man pretending to be a woman's voice too.  

Someone posted something on Youtube showing exactly how it can be done..... it's kind of a boring video.  Oh I found it!  

• Love 1

The thing with that childish Batman blog was Jo was down to posting only once or twice a month recently.  Sunday's episode got her all excited and now she's going to be posting a lot again about "Sam's" tragic life.  SMH  TLC and the Browns couldn't leave well enough alone.  Sam and Kendra too have crawled out of the woodwork  because they love the attention and notoriety.  Thanks a lot TLC.

Edited by aimlessbird
  • Love 11

I just saw the TLC trailer for tonight's episode.  The big attempt to redeem Meri in Mariah's eyes, with Meri, Kristie, Mariah and Audge present;  Oh, and Moseby cradled in Meri's arms throughout the discourse.  Lucky for Meri, Mariah brought her ESA along, Meri needed all the emotional support she could get...it wasn't coming from Mariah, she ain't buying it!

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I just saw the TLC trailer for tonight's episode.  The big attempt to redeem Meri in Mariah's eyes, with Meri, Kristie, Mariah and Audge present;  Oh, and Moseby cradled in Meri's arms throughout the discourse.  Lucky for Meri, Mariah brought her ESA along, Meri needed all the emotional support she could get...it wasn't coming from Mariah, she ain't buying it!

From what I heard from the trailer, Meri got the money and bought the house without telling anyone in the family?  Someone in town mentioned it to another wife.  And then when they were upset that she couldn't even be bothered to tell them,  she gets pissy because she can't figure out why they care since SHE got the money by HERSELF!  Or was I inhaling too many dish soap bubbles while listening to the TV?

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

From what I heard from the trailer, Meri got the money and bought the house without telling anyone in the family?  Someone in town mentioned it to another wife.  And then when they were upset that she couldn't even be bothered to tell them,  she gets pissy because she can't figure out why they care since SHE got the money by HERSELF!  Or was I inhaling too many dish soap bubbles while listening to the TV?

Ugh. Last week was so exhausting, I'm not looking forward to tonight's episode. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Ugh. Last week was so exhausting, I'm not looking forward to tonight's episode. 

I'm cautiously optimistic that Mariah might deal with the REAL elephant in the room and ask...what about those voicemails and photos Mom?  Were you forced to fellate a banana?

Who am I kidding, there will just be more of Meri hoping that Kristie can redeem her own actions in Mariah's eyes.

• Love 9

So glad to hear Mariah say she doesn’t see her mom as a victim regarding the Catfish thing.  Why in the world would self centered, disgusting Meri think that if Mariah talks to her friend, she’ll see that Meri was something other than a desperate woman thinking she had a man interested in her.  Her friend convinced me that everything I thought about  Meri’s “ordeal” was true.   

• Love 14

Did Kristie casually refer to a HIPAA violation on TV? She said her parents hired a private investigator and also said her father "who is clergy" verified that the catfish wasn't in a certain hospital, as claimed. So in context, what she said was that her father used his position to inspect the patient roster for reasons unrelated to the intended purpose of that privilege: allowing clergy to locate a patient who is a member of their congregation or a patient unknown to them who requests a clergy visit.

Or am I stretching the definition of HIPAA too far?

• Love 9
On 1/22/2019 at 2:54 AM, Sasha888 said:

Meri is such a freaking liar. When I re-watched this episode, knowing what she would later say at Christine's house, I see how she manipulates and twists everything.

When they are all at her house, and she says she doesn't have a business plan, but her loan is approved BUT, she doesn't have enough money for the down payment...and Kody thinks they may have enough "family money" to loan her...he says "Does that mean that since we're going to be investors in that business we're going to be the Board of Directors on it and we get to tell you how to run it?"

Meri responds "No. Not at all." Then cut to her TH and she says "This is MY baby. They don't care about the house or the B&B business. Honestly, part of me is like, once I get this house, I don't want to have any business meetings with you about my house. I want to run my own business, my way, I don't wanna worry about you guys."

Then, cut back to Meri's living room, and Meri says "This is JUST a LOAN." Robyn says "Well yeah, but with all the other businesses, we all had to present a business plan when we borrowed money from the family." Then she suddenly DOES have a business plan. Robyn, surprised, says "You've already written it?" and Meri sarcastically replies "Well YEAH!" Then Christine gets loud and says "I ASKED you if you had a business plan" and Meri interrupts and yells "I SAID IT'S ROUGH!"

So, you know, this is already going swimmingly. She's asking for 40 grand and this is how she's talking to them...typical Meri. Rude, loud, bossy, arrogant, sarcastic, and angry.

Cut to Christine in a TH - "So she has this business plan, she already had one, but she said she didn't have a business plan. If she's hiding this business plan, then obviously there's some sort of nefarious intent. I need to see this business plan now, mmm hmmm!" (side note - this is a shockingly articulate Christine that I'm not used to!)

Kody, in a TH - "It just looks like it's willy nilly. Poorly planned, how are you going to make it work?"

Meri, back in her living room - "So, just let me know what you think. Discuss it amongst yourselves."

So, later in the show, everyone except Meri IS discussing it together, and they are troubled that she 1. Has not committed to it being a B&B yet...they fear she might buy the house and then say "Nope, it's just for my mom to live in". 2. Has not given them any real kind of business plan...what she gave them earlier was old info, not well thought out, etc. 3. Has told them in no uncertain terms that they will NOT be equity partners in this B&B business, even though everyone else who has started a business (no matter how STUPID, ha ha) has agreed that the family ALL benefits from said business profits. All of them are, apparently, equity partners in each other's stupid grifting schemes businesses.

Time for Meri to come over now. Meri tells us she's been called to "another family meeting at Christine's house" while rolling her eyes. She says it's "catching her off guard" because this isn't something she's ever done before or been involved in. (Did she not think there would be a family meeting at some point, to tell her whether they were going to give her 40 grand or not? Did she think the Money Fairy was just going to leave 40 grand in her mailbox, without her having to actually spend time with her family?)

ANYWAY....(freaking exhausting, these people)....Meri states in a TH that she was never involved in any meetings for Janelle's or Robyn's businesses without them being present. (So much for "Go discuss it amongst yourselves", huh Meri?) Meri states that everything is ready to go, we're good to go, we're just waiting for money. (I'm about to close on a mansion in the south of France myself, I'm just waiting for, you know, MONEY! I bet most of you are as well!) 

Kody now explains that there is, in fact, no extra family money for them to give her, it is all needed for expenses. Meri's face puckers up like she just ate an entire lemon in one bite. (seriously, re-watch it if you DVRd this shit show, it's funny as hell). Then Meri states can't she even have the money even for the short term? (She apparently didn't hear that Kody just said "WE JUST DON'T HAVE IT".) Kody says well, that leads to the next issue, which is that everyone else who's ever asked for family funds has "let the whole family be equity profit partners. No power of authority or anything" but that they've all agreed in that past that all of their bullshit cons businesses would be "profit sharing" by the fam, and they've presented a functioning business plan that works.

Cut to Meri's TH - "I'm not sure what he's trying to say to me, and, like, why it's important to him. Like, it seems weird that he's bringing this up right now." (Is she freaking 5 years old or something? How is it weird that this subject would come up when you've just asked for 40K? Unbelievable...also, it DID come up before, AT YOUR HOUSE, and you said, basically, hell no. You've said, it's your baby, you don't want them involved...own it, Meri.)

Back to Christine's conference room - Christine mentions that the last time they talked, Kody asked if they'd be equity partners, and Meri said no. She asks how Meri would feel about them all being equity partners. Meri says "I honestly haven't thought about it." (you thought about it enough to give them an immediate, hard NO back at your house, Meri!) There is more talk about how other business profits have always been shared.

Back to a TH for Meri - now she's pissed, folks. She is waving her hands around and she is WOUND. UP. She says "This is a 4 against one conversation. It completely is. They already made a decision. They came together, they talked about me, they talked about the situation. I've got my WALLS UP! I don't know what's gonna happen here."

Back to the conference room, Kody says that actually the answer is in fact yes, but with certain conditions, and that they can't afford it til the spring. Meri says "I'm not waiting til spring. She's gonna put it up for sale, so I actually will probably leave right now and go do a sale, and start making that other 40 thousand." (let me stop here...that's a lie in and of itself. She's not going home to do a live LuLaRoe sale RIGHT NOW because that would all be set up in advance...the people in your Facebook group would need to know in advance what day, and what time, you are going to do a live sale via Facebook. This is immature Meri bullshit.) Then she continues "So don't expect me to be to any family functions or anything, cuz I need to do it. I'm not trying to be like, pissy or anything, but I need to do it."

Cut to a TH with Janelle - "I get that she's hurt, this is a shock and she thought we were going to be able to help her, but I feel like now she's just throwing a temper tantrum, like "I'll show you!"." BINGO, JANELLE! 

Now Janelle wonders, if Meri gets the money elsewhere, like if Meri's mom sells her house or something and that's where Meri gets the money to buy it, are the rest of them all going to be excluded from the business? Meri says "I didn't say you were or you weren't." NOT AN ANSWER, MERI! That was a yes/no question! When pressed, she says "I don't know, right now I'm just trying to buy the house." Um, yeah, and you have no plan for what happens afterward! Is it not understandable to this cow that if you're asking someone for money, they'd like to know before they give you a check if they're going to be sharing in the profits or not? Can she only think one little step at a time? That decision cannot possibly be made until the house is already purchased?

Meri states that's she doesn't know why they are so focused on this, she's honestly "rilly confused of...it almost seems like they're obsessing about it! It just seems like they keep bringing it up, so obviously this must have been something that the four of them talked about." WTF, Meri? Why are you so confused and offended that if they can give you money, in the spring, to buy a business, that they might (gasp!) want to have this be an investment for them? WHY does she feel she's entitled to a huge loan of family money, just because "But but but....I WANT it!"

She goes on to say she guesses she just doesn't understand it, that she feels like they are saying "why can't we be part of your business" because it's like, just something she doesn't understand. THEY SAID IT TO YOU AT YOUR HOUSE! They said would they be partners, and you f****ing said, ON CAMERA, that hell no, you didn't want them anywhere near "your house". STOP trying to LIE YOUR ASS OFF about it now, by just sitting there pouting and saying you "don't understand". You understand FULL WELL what they are talking about, Meri.

The rest of them go on saying things to reassure Baby Meri that they will try to find a way to loan her this money in time, and Janelle points out that they are saying "WE have to find a way to get it", while Meri smirks, and then she says "You can't control MY business and MY house, though."

Then she says "You want me to do all the work, and you get the money for it." (kind of jokingly...) But then she adds "Do you know who else sees SisterWife's Closet money?"

Robyn defends this in a TH, saying that the money made off that business goes back to the family.

Then the ridiculous "who cares what room my mother has" bullshit starts, and goes on....and on....and on....and we eventually get to the "You never said your mother was going to stay in the caretaker's quarters, though" and Meri comes up with her gem, "In my MIND I have!"

We then get to the point where Meri says she has "a lot of thoughts about this right now, and I just don't feel safe about saying it right now, so"...then she breaks down bawling and says "I don't know what I'm doing!" They try to reassure her, she gets pissy, says she has to go figure out money, and leaves.

Meri, you LIE, and you LIE, and you LIE, and then you wonder why your family doesn't trust you.

If I were one of Meri's sisterwives, I'd cut that bitch off at the knees. I'd tell her EXACTLY why I don't trust her - because she's a lying bitch. Because she had plans to up and leave them all if Sam had been real. Because she's a selfish, 2 yr old cry baby who has ALWAYS gotten her way (bigger part of the pre-show budget even though she had only one child to support, bigger rental house even though Janelle had to cash in her retirement money to pay for Meri's bigger rental, the biggest of all the McMansions because she cried and whined the most, etc etc).

I would have told her you know what Meri? You already keep your LuLaNo earnings to yourself...YOUR kid had to go to the most expensive college, wouldn't even consider another one...well, this is one time you aren't going to cry your way into getting money from the family coffers JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT IT. Go suck a railroad spike. Or in your case, a banana.

I love this post😘💝 For now on i am calling Meri "Baby "Meri" 😂😂😂

• Love 5
On 1/26/2019 at 10:20 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Also google Jackie Overton, you will be treated to more than you ever wanted to know, but warning...it's quite the rabbit hole-more like a worm hole. Tried explaining the whole mess to my husband last night but gave up. Too complicated and too stupid for any effort.

• Love 2

You’re spot on!  She lies or does stupid, sneaky things,  than when she gets caught, she tries to convince everyone, especially her daughter, that she didn’t really do it.  It seems like she has to believe she’s convinced them of her innocence in every sneaky situation  because by the time she’s tying to convince them, she already  believes  it herself.  Why  else would she get so angry and act incensed that people dare doubt her!    What a horrible person.  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, suomi said:

Did Kristie casually refer to a HIPAA violation on TV? She said her parents hired a private investigator and also said her father "who is clergy" verified that the catfish wasn't in a certain hospital, as claimed. So in context, what she said was that her father used his position to inspect the patient roster for reasons unrelated to the intended purpose of that privilege: allowing clergy to locate a patient who is a member of their congregation or a patient unknown to them who requests a clergy visit.

I think HIPAA is more geared towards protecting health-related information.  Pretty much anyone could call a hospital and ask to speak to a specific patient and be told that the person is not a patient.  (Ask, "Can you connect me to John Smith," not "Is John Smith a patient at your hospital.")

I am as aghast that a person "who is clergy" would potentially use their special privilege to divulge private information to a member of their own family.  That seems just as unacceptable.  

Confidentiality is confidentiality.  

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Is John Smith a patient at your hospital.

Actually, you cannot do that anymore.  You can certainly call and ask to speak to someone but hospitals cannot give out information on whether or not a patient is there.  And some hospitals give out a code number for the family that must be given before a call can be put through if there is even a switchboard.  That plus the fact that most patient rooms are direct dial has cut down on "surfers".

And a clergyman using that privilege to get information would be a clear violation.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I think HIPAA is more geared towards protecting health-related information.  Pretty much anyone could call a hospital and ask to speak to a specific patient and be told that the person is not a patient.  (Ask, "Can you connect me to John Smith," not "Is John Smith a patient at your hospital.")

IA, except her dad made the inquiry after the catfish was discharged from the hospital; the need arose after the hospital stay. Looking for a discharged patient was an underhanded move because there was no professional reason to be typing that name, selecting that date range, etc. 

IIRC Kristie sorta stumbled when she said her dad verified the info "because clergy," as if realizing too late it was better left unsaid. 

• Love 3
On 1/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, Sasha888 said:

I agree with pretty much everything you said @Fouts, except the part I bolded. I agree that the producers are happy to give Meri a bad edit and have her be in the "villian" role, because hey, somebody has to or there's no drama for the show.

But I don't think Meri is self-aware enough to be ticked off at how she was portrayed, because I'm betting she sees nothing wrong with how she acted. I can imagine her watching the scene of them all at Christine's talking around the conference table, and thinking to herself, "I was totally in the right, and they were so mean to me. It really was a 4 against one conversation, everybody is against me. I had every right to expect the family to cough up some money to finance my dream of owning my Mormon Tara. I was brave to face them all, and now everyone will see how they are all against me, even though I've never done anything wrong."

She tweeted how "nobody in the family thinks she has any logical thoughts", so even in real time, Meri is tweeting that she was right, and they are all just "poo poo heads". 

I think she is totally delusional. She sees nothing wrong with how she acts. She doesn't find it a bit selfish to ask for a mountain of cash when there are new kids graduating HS each year and will  need help with college, or kids will need medical intervention like Ysabel...none of those kids matter. The rest of the family's finances don't matter. Only what Meri wants matters.

And if she doesn't get it, she turns into a 2 yr old, throws a temper tantrum, and says "Don't expect to see me around any family functions then."

If I were the rest of them, I'd say "GOOD! Don't come to family functions, it's a lot more pleasant when you're not around! We don't have to give you the money, AND you'll go away and pout and stay away from us? That's a win-win!!"

Yep! And THIS is why Mariah has a cold relationship with Meri. She’s gotten away from living with Meri and seeing her for who she is. Mariah’s issue with Meri isn’t that she doesn’t understand being catfished. Mariah’s issue with Meri is Meri.

• Love 11

At the dinner, Kristie told the story of smelling something but not being able to place what it was. She then said it smelled like ketchup.

Rewind, Meri and Kristie had posted dopey tweets including the word ketchup. At the time it was like, wtf is so freaking “funny” about the word ketchup. Now we know.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5

I am a casual watcher and not caught up on all episodes, so forgive me if this has been answered before.

What happened to Meri's dad? 

Does Meri's mom have sister wives? Where are they?

34 minutes ago, Kcpm said:

I am a casual watcher and not caught up on all episodes, so forgive me if this has been answered before.

What happened to Meri's dad? 

Does Meri's mom have sister wives? Where are they?

Meri’s father passed away in 2007.

• Love 3

It's probably just me...but, did anyone else think that "Brian" on the phone with Kootie sounded suspiciously like the guy that Christine was livid about, several seasons ago?  I think his name was Ken.  Ken told Kootie that Kootie would be welcome at some get-together, but he'd have to leave three of his wives at home.  Christine wanted Ken to apologize for that remark, but Kootie took Ken's side.  Anyway, that whole phone call seemed to be staged (like a lot of what we see that sounds scripted.)

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's probably just me...but, did anyone else think that "Brian" on the phone with Kootie sounded suspiciously like the guy that Christine was livid about, several seasons ago?  I think his name was Ken.  Ken told Kootie that Kootie would be welcome at some get-together, but he'd have to leave three of his wives at home.  Christine wanted Ken to apologize for that remark, but Kootie took Ken's side.  Anyway, that whole phone call seemed to be staged (like a lot of what we see that sounds scripted.)

That phone call was ridiculous. Kody “thought”* he had $40,000 coming. He calls the guy, and off the top of his head he says, $20,000. No let me look into it, he just knows.

*To this my grandfather would have said, “ You know what thought did? He shit his pants, and thought he farted.” Yup.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 6
On 1/22/2019 at 7:16 PM, Sasha888 said:

I hadn't thought of it this way before, but you guys are right. Meri and her bullshit, and her drama queen, OTT antics, probably does keep people watching. Some of us are definitely hate watching Meri, but she also has a legion of idiot, boot licking sycophants that love her and think she's treated unfairly and keep encouraging her to leave her "mean family" that doesn't appreciate her.

Everything else is a lot of fluff. Kids growing up, learning to drive, graduating HS, getting married, blah blah blah...there's so many of them that it's old news. We've watched so many graduations and weddings that it's kind of like "who cares" anymore.

Re-re-re-re-re-re-hashing the catfish is not that interesting to me, but I have to admit, watching Meri's unbelievable selfishness IS interesting, in a very bad way. A way that makes me hate her and be embarrassed I watch this drivel, but I keep watching it nonetheless. 

Here's something I don't get though...why couldn't the show film Meri taking off and making her own life? And how it's affecting the rest of the family that she's leaving behind? Her ass kissing fans would LOVE it! They are always on her social media encouraging her to leave. Hell, even those of us who don't like her would like to see her leave the family. So I don't get why they don't go this route. I'd certainly watch it. Not because I adore Meri, but because I think it would be a lot more REAL and HONEST. She's sick and tired of them, and they are all DEFINITELY sick and tired of her.

I'd like to watch a show where Janelle and Christine, for instance, talk about how much nicer it is in the family without Meri's negative presence. They could still follow all 4 wives, but Meri's segments would be about her moving on to a new life. And everybody else could get real about how nice it is to have Meri GONE!

I used to watch and voraciously read the blogs through the catfishing in real time, and then stopped watching when they all lied about the catfishing a season or two ago. I come over here occasionally, mostly to read about Strive 🤦🏻‍♀️ but I have been otherwise done with the Sister Wives. Cut to this past Sunday, I happened to see the last 10 minutes of the first episode, and my jaw dropped at how narcissistic Meri was. Just based on those ten minutes, here I am, back to reading all the things about Sister Wives. So, yeah, Meri lured (catfished?) me back to watching after being done with the show.

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I used to watch and voraciously read the blogs through the catfishing in real time, and then stopped watching when they all lied about the catfishing a season or two ago. I come over here occasionally, mostly to read about Strive 🤦🏻‍♀️ but I have been otherwise done with the Sister Wives. Cut to this past Sunday, I happened to see the last 10 minutes of the first episode, and my jaw dropped at how narcissistic Meri was. Just based on those ten minutes, here I am, back to reading all the things about Sister Wives. So, yeah, Meri lured (catfished?) me back to watching after being done with the show.

YAY M&M - welcome back!!

• Love 5

The whole catfishing thing was so toxic for the family, then to bring it up during filming a year ago, and now it airs and is brought up again. TLC is making sure nobody ever forgets what happened.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Nysha said:

The whole catfishing thing was so toxic for the family, then to bring it up during filming a year ago, and now it airs and is brought up again. TLC is making sure nobody ever forgets what happened.

Yeah but here's the thing - if you are just a viewer who doesn't post - you don't KNOW what happened!  So why in the world do they keep bringing it up?  Meri made it sound like a business contact or a friendship thing - so I'm sure everyone is thinking "What's the big deal?"     For the record, I heard they are going to drop it now, and not bring it up again unless Kristie is mentioned for some reason.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Okay, so what is the generous view of Meri? If you give her the benefit of the doubt at every turn, is there a way to see her request for the $40k in a nonselfish way?

I honestly don't see how anyone is going to justify Meri's 40 grand request as being unselfish.  She didn't ask for a loan, she wanted the money - and then she wanted the B&B all to herself - with no one else having a say in how it is run or in receiving any possible future revenues.   Unbelievably ballsy, IMO.

• Love 21
On 1/30/2019 at 1:54 PM, Kyanight said:

I honestly don't see how anyone is going to justify Meri's 40 grand request as being unselfish.  She didn't ask for a loan, she wanted the money - and then she wanted the B&B all to herself - with no one else having a say in how it is run or in receiving any possible future revenues.   Unbelievably ballsy, IMO.

Completely agree. Even if we didn't know all the backstory and details and based our reactions only on what was shown in this episode, Meri looks bad. Going to the family and asking for that much money with no real business plan, no commitment to share profits, and in fact outright telling the family "you will have NO say in this MY BnB" comes across as extremely selfish and self-serving. Knowing all the details just makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

Edited by Gothish520
Backstory has an "S" in it lol
  • Love 17
On 1/28/2019 at 12:33 AM, suomi said:

I was thinking the same thing.   That would be a definite violation of HIPAA.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Tielsmomma said:

I was thinking the same thing.   That would be a definite violation of HIPAA.

Even if it isn't a violation of HIPPA, it showed very poor judgment on Kristie's part to announce that on national tv.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

it showed very poor judgment on Kristie's part to announce that on national tv.  

It reminded me of when Christine announced on national TV that she used the food stamps taxpayers bought for her and her 5 kids at the time to fill the Lehi house's pantry that all 16 deadbeats shared.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

It reminded me of when Christine announced on national TV that she used the food stamps taxpayers bought for her and her 5 kids at the time to fill the Lehi house's pantry that all 16 deadbeats shared.

This is what I heard as the main reason they fled left Utah, not so much about the polygamist lifestyle but more about the fraud.   

• Love 10
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:27 AM, Chicklet said:

Well nothing this group does adds up, so it's par for the course. We shouldn't waste our math skills on them, just assume they are talking out of their asses.

Is there such a thing as Plyg Math?

• Love 4
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, zenme said:

This is what imagine to be the case, and I actually do think the Brown's would be more fair in distributing money to adult children than say, Jim Bob Duggar.

Now, let's not go bashing the Duggars.