Type keyword(s) to search

2019 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
Message added by Drogo

Two things:  1) Be nice.  2) Check your personal politics at the door.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think one way to know if VK has changed is if she isn’t up front and center at a prep class or in a photo.

I can't believe I'm about to defend her but ... Some slow learners have to sit up front in order to better focus on instruction.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, BringItOn said:

I can't believe I'm about to defend her but ... Some slow learners have to sit up front in order to better focus on instruction.

Do you honestly think she believes she is a slow learner?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I was never cheering for Cassie but to be honest, she could dance & in doing so she blended in making a team rather than VK flailing her arms & body around like a drowning person. She will never blend as she wants to be a standout. Others like Kash, Nicole Hamilton have shown us the right way to stand. VK & TK won’t like her hidden deep in the back of the triangle. This should prove to be an interesting season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Not invested in VK other than she brings entertainment to a TV show.  If the show was truly about making the team, VK would get a quick sound bite and then be part of the background. After the college scandal, I'm curious how VK's storyline will play out. Finally, in all the craziness, please show me lots of dancing and deliberations. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ElenaFR said:

Not invested in VK other than she brings entertainment to a TV show.  If the show was truly about making the team, VK would get a quick sound bite and then be part of the background. After the college scandal, I'm curious how VK's storyline will play out. Finally, in all the craziness, please show me lots of dancing and deliberations. 

I always wondered if there were any bribes/money involved to get her on the team. Any other TCC would have be gone a lot quicker.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I always wondered if there were any bribes/money involved to get her on the team. Any other TCC would have be gone a lot quicker.

I think we have all speculated at one time or another that there are some DCC's that, without something extra, would have never made the team. Whispers about backroom deals have been around long before VK. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I was never cheering for Cassie but to be honest, she could dance & in doing so she blended in making a team rather than VK flailing her arms & body around like a drowning person. She will never blend as she wants to be a standout. Others like Kash, Nicole Hamilton have shown us the right way to stand. VK & TK won’t like her hidden deep in the back of the triangle. This should prove to be an interesting season.

I have seen Cassie dance on USO Show Group Tours videos, and she was the weakest dancer they had in my opinion. Plus the fact, she was not a model DCC, and was a mean girl who broke a few rules while she was on the team.

Victoria would be better off if she got away from her mother and the DCC Organization. She should have taken a hard long look at Dayton who is doing well away from her family and has a great job traveling the world. What I think Dayton is doing is much better than being a DCC.

8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Do you honestly think she believes she is a slow learner?

IMO and from what I have observed I think she has ADHD. I'm not a medical professional, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. She just needs a lot of extra help compared to her peers (current rookie class).

Just now, BringItOn said:

IMO and from what I have observed I think she has ADHD. I'm not a medical professional, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. She just needs a lot of extra help compared to her peers (current rookie class).

No I don't think she believes that she is a slow learner.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2019 at 11:46 PM, FutureDCC said:

Stephanie Dibiase dances like I do when I'm waiting for my food to cook in the microwave. 😂

I'm behind on reading but this legit made me crack up for a good 5 min!! GOLD LEVEL COMMENT

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Pebbles116 said:

I'm behind on reading but this legit made me crack up for a good 5 min!! GOLD LEVEL COMMENT

SAME. I'm dying laughing thinking about trying out this routine in the break room tomorrow when I heat up my lunch!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/27/2019 at 12:10 AM, DanceChick said:

I've never enjoyed anything she's done. 

I have NEVER enjoyed Stephanie Dibiase's work...at all.  But on that note, I've never enjoyed Jenn's or Michelle's prep class work either.  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 4/26/2019 at 8:08 PM, 5678Pixie said:

That would be the best thing ever!!!!!!  I am sure we would all pay to see it!  I am still mad about this.

I agree.  And you know what?  Now that I think about it, wasn't it Bitchy Kitty who "mentioned" something was off about Tara to Kelli and Judy which ultimately led to Tara being cut?  Not only is VK toxic to the team, but Kitty is too.  I hope Kitty is not in private talks again this season with K & J.  Kitty is too toxic and I used to like her ability to speak the truth about some girls. So when it came time and VK was brought up, I was floored when she told K & J that VK "deserved" a spot on the team.  Kitty would NEVER say that about anyone!?  Who paid Kitty off?  Tina?  Hubby?  The nepotism is off the charts.

And seeing all the smiles and lovely trim bodies during the Meixco trip, I couldn't help but think how toxic it would have been if VK was there.

And looking at VK dance lately, I can't help but think if she had gotten on the team last year, no way does she currently look like a Vet, so obviously she hasn't changed anything about her body or her dance ability.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 16

I doubt Miss Kitty played a big role in getting Tara cut. It falls on Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte on which vet to cut. In fact, I would not be surprise if Kelli has to get final approval from Charlotte on who to cut or keep in TC before the final team is announce.

37 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I doubt Miss Kitty played a big role in getting Tara cut. It falls on Judy, and especially Kelli and Charlotte on which vet to cut. In fact, I would not be surprise if Kelli has to get final approval from Charlotte on who to cut or keep in TC before the final team is announce.

I disagree, after Tara was brought up by Kitty and ultimately cut, Kitty then planned her attack on Miranda.  The fear and crying from Miranda when K & J said that Kitty called her "grandma"  or something to that effect about her hair was enough for me to think that Kitty picks on the vulnerable and plants seeds hoping they get cut and make room for VK.

Seriously, I think TK and hubby paid Kitty off.  It was rather shocking to watch it all unfold last year.

• Love 9

If Kitty has so much pull, Kelli would not have needed to try out five times to finally make the squad. Miss Kitty has made comments about girls in the past who she thought should not make the team, and a lot of the girls ended up on the squad. Miss Kitty did not care for Tara in Season 12, but she still made the team.

Plus the fact what Miss Kitty said about Miranda could have been played up by CMT to make it look like drama and a possible veteran cut, but it turn out to be nothing. And the fact is there is probably a lot more to Tara being cut than Miss Kitty saying something.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If Kitty has so much pull, Kelli would not have needed to try out five times to finally make the squad. Miss Kitty has made comments about girls in the past who she thought should not make the team, and a lot of the girls ended up on the squad. Miss Kitty did not care for Tara in Season 12, but she still made the team.

Plus the fact what Miss Kitty said about Miranda could have been played up by CMT to make it look like drama and a possible veteran cut, but it turn out to be nothing. And the fact is there is probably a lot more to Tara being cut than Miss Kitty saying something.

Miranda was in tears when the mere mention of Kitty came up when they commented about her hair.  I believe that all of the girls were in fear of getting called out by Kitty because of what happened to Tara.  Kitty was out for Tara since Season 12.

• Love 9
Just now, JerseyGirl said:

Miranda was in tears when the mere mention of Kitty came up when they commented about her hair.  I believe that all of the girls were in fear of getting called out by Kitty because of what happened to Tara.  Kitty was out for Tara since Season 12.

Sadly last year was a tension full TC. I would rather have Tara on the squad than Morgan, Ashley Pro, Victoria or Breelan. It is a shame that it took five times for Kelli to make the squad also. I personally think the show has went to certain people's head, and I do not mean the girls.

3 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

I agree.  And you know what?  Now that I think about it, wasn't it Bitchy Kitty who "mentioned" something was off about Tara to Kelli and Judy which ultimately led to Tara being cut?  Not only is VK toxic to the team, but Kitty is too.  I hope Kitty is not in private talks again this season with K & J.  Kitty is too toxic and I used to like her ability to speak the truth about some girls. So when it came time and VK was brought up, I was floored when she told K & J that VK "deserved" a spot on the team.  Kitty would NEVER say that about anyone!?  Who paid Kitty off?  Tina?  Hubby?  The nepotism is off the charts.

And seeing all the smiles and lovely trim bodies during the Meixco trip, I couldn't help but think how toxic it would have been if VK was there.

And looking at VK dance lately, I can't help but think if she had gotten on the team last year, no way does she currently look like a Vet, so obviously she hasn't changed anything about her body or her dance ability.

I used to love Kitty and her truth talking.  Then the VK incident.  I want Kitty GONE.  She has ZERO CREDIBILITY with me.  Nothing she can do will change that.  What a load of crap that was!!!!!  I don't need any verification from an insider.  I don't need to wonder re the edits.  It happened.  Very rarely in my life has my opinion about someone changed so permanently and dramatically as that one sentence from our lying two-faced pal Kitty Carter.  Dayum, I should probably have less coffee tomorrow.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

The Philadelphia Eagles cheerleaders final auditions were last night and they selected their very first male cheerleader.  So maybe there is hope for that gentleman to make the DCC? 

https://6abc.com/sports/kyle-tanguay-becomes-eagles-1st-male-cheerleader/5279478/?fbclid=IwAR34TRM_G7uGg4R-qFA7XXGFKDWjuuF5tnBZeAL7pMX8gMYsHAcRssLJAMU

Lol! No.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

It's so cute you calling her "Miss Kitty" lol

16 minutes ago, Opine said:

I used to love Kitty and her truth talking.  Then the VK incident.  I want Kitty GONE.  She has ZERO CREDIBILITY with me.  Nothing she can do will change that.  What a load of crap that was!!!!!  I don't need any verification from an insider.  I don't need to wonder re the edits.  It happened.  Very rarely in my life has my opinion about someone changed so permanently and dramatically as that one sentence from our lying two-faced pal Kitty Carter.  Dayum, I should probably have less coffee tomorrow.......

Kitty to me is just annoying. Yeah she's aggressive in her delivery of critiques, but I don't think that her talent allows for her to be as ruthless as she is. Even in her time as a DCC, I'm sure she wasn't even half as talented of a dancer as this pool of women. Her "across the floor" little routines are just quick and complicated at best and don't showcase her ability to do anything other than instruct and yell. Blah. I guess she's good for correcting technique or whatever, but I think it really stops there. IDK, I've never taken one of her classes or seen her do any actual dancing myself, so I could be wrong.

• Love 5

Kitty is not the only guilty party when it comes to VK. Charlotte, Kelli and CMT help create the problem and made it worse. It was like they were trying to convince the viewers and fans VK deserves a spot on the team no matter at what cost. The entire organization has been taking a nose dive in the last few years in my opinion. The real story has been coming out to what really is going on behind the scenes, and Kelli and Charlotte are in damage control mode, but they are trying to hold back the damage with a small broom aka trying to hold the ocean back with a small broom. They have no one to blame but themselves. All they see now is what the show can bring for the Cowboys and DCC Organizations in relations to more money and promoting themselves and the squad of being the best of the best at the expense of others especially the girls. They are not doing VK any favors by putting her on the squad because being a DCC is not all that great as they pretend it is.

Ok...I've been watching videos of prep classes and I'm not seeing any real standouts in new names. Ones that do...aren't auditioning this season. IE:  Sydney Reinacher is going into her last year on her college dance team.  I'm hoping to see her next year.  Has anybody else seen a dancer who stands out and may take auditions by storm??   

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Lol! No.

It's so cute you calling her "Miss Kitty" lol

Kitty to me is just annoying. Yeah she's aggressive in her delivery of critiques, but I don't think that her talent allows for her to be as ruthless as she is. Even in her time as a DCC, I'm sure she wasn't even half as talented of a dancer as this pool of women. Her "across the floor" little routines are just quick and complicated at best and don't showcase her ability to do anything other than instruct and yell. Blah. I guess she's good for correcting technique or whatever, but I think it really stops there. IDK, I've never taken one of her classes or seen her do any actual dancing myself, so I could be wrong.

I actually love the across the floor. You do that in a regular dance class and mix it up every time. If you can't remember a few steps every time, then you've got no chance of remembering 30+ routines a season. It's a great technique killer too and show who is classically trained and who isn't. That would probably be my favourite part of training camp, well apart from the fact it's Kitty teaching! That woman scares me!

• Love 3

Count me in as being over Kitty. It was pretty obvious that she was attempting to throw other girls under the bus in order to help VK make it. She’s even more transparent than Kelli, who is really bad about playing favorites. In general, the “lets bring in Kitty and scare the girls with a really intense practice” routine loses its luster when it’s clear that she picks and chooses who she’s tough on (which has always been the case but was more obvious last year).

• Love 16

I think CMT "helps" pick girls for Miss Kitty to pick on. Of course, it could be the pesky editing person showing just one girl to focus on. The show is starting to turn into a yawn fest because it is the same ole thing every freaking year except for the few girls they decide to focus on. The forum is a lot more entertaining to read and follow than the show is at times.

2 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I suspect VK and TK had a lot to do with Tara's dismissal.  Someone was stirring the pot behind the scene.

Why am I not surprise.

15 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I think CMT "helps" pick girls for Miss Kitty to pick on. Of course, it could be the pesky editing person showing just one girl to focus on. The show is starting to turn into a yawn fest because it is the same ole thing every freaking year except for the few girls they decide to focus on. The forum is a lot more entertaining to read and follow than the show is at times.

Why am I not surprise.

I second that.

• Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

I suspect VK and TK had a lot to do with Tara's dismissal.  Someone was stirring the pot behind the scene.

Exactly. They also stirred the pot behind the scenes on Madeline when she was called out for "moving to a shared locker".  That was definitely VK and family, I doubt any of the girls would have went to Kelli or Judy about something so trivial as that.

That, the Tara cut and the Miranda hair issues last season was so upsetting to watch.  I don't want VK on my screen this season, the situation last season just ruined 13 for me.  I love binge watching old seasons (even though I've seen them over and over) but I just can't get myself to rewatch Season 13 AT ALL.

Edited by JerseyGirl
change "her" to "moving to a shared"
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

I love binge watching old seasons (even though I've seen them over and over) but I just can't get myself to rewatch Season 13 AT ALL.

I so agree.  I can't bring myself to go back and watch any of them.

• Love 4

Don't forget calling Brennan into the office to make sure she wanted to be on the squad for the right reasons.

I barely made it rewatching Season 8 because of Morgan. I admit I did like seeing her get cut during Season 9 finals.

Don't forget calling Brennan into the office to make sure she wanted to be on the squad for the right reasons.

I barely made it rewatching Season 8 because of Morgan. I admit I did like seeing her get cut during Season 9 finals.

I don't remember this Brennan incident, can anyone remind me? The girl's been going after this dream for like four years!

• Love 1

In one of the Season 13's episodes Brennan was called into the office because Kelli thought she was trying to make the team for all the wrong reasons and was not given it her all in order to make the team. Someone said this had Tina and Victoria written all over it in order to get Brennan cut so Victoria had a better chance of making the team. No idea which episode her office scene was in.

2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Exactly. They also stirred the pot behind the scenes on Madeline when she was called out for "moving to a shared locker".  That was definitely VK and family, I doubt any of the girls would have went to Kelli or Judy about something so trivial as that.

That, the Tara cut and the Miranda hair issues last season was so upsetting to watch.  I don't want VK on my screen this season, the situation last season just ruined 13 for me.  I love binge watching old seasons (even though I've seen them over and over) but I just can't get myself to rewatch Season 13 AT ALL.

Season 13 was terrible. CMT MTT decided to solely focus on a hot mess (VK) and that was the outcome ...

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In one of the Season 13's episodes Brennan was called into the office because Kelli thought she was trying to make the team for all the wrong reasons and was not given it her all in order to make the team. Someone said this had Tina and Victoria written all over it in order to get Brennan cut so Victoria had a better chance of making the team. No idea which episode her office scene was in.

Let's not forget Lilly who was never called into the office till she was abruptly cut.

• Love 3

Yep.  As the story was relayed to me, Brennan made some off-hand comment one night to a small group of girls about the stress and how she sometimes wondered if she was up to it.  Certain folks then ran to Kelli, saying that Brennan said she wasn't really committed to the DCC.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

It's also completely unwatchable if you fast forward all the VK scenes. All you're left with is 15 minutes of them shoving The Star down our throats.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
44 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

Yep.  As the story was relayed to me, Brennan made some off-hand comment one night to a small group of girls about the stress and how she sometimes wondered if she was up to it.  Certain folks then ran to Kelli, saying that Brennan said she wasn't really committed to the DCC.  

Seriously...I admit there has been times when I said something close to that while working in retail and in a group home for the developmentally disabled, and no one ran to the boss or supervisor to rat me out.

Edited by bigskygirl
49 minutes ago, BringItOn said:

Let's not forget Lilly who was never called into the office till she was abruptly cut.

Sadly Lilly was not the first girl in TC to be cut the first time in the office. There are girls in the past it has happen to. I think someone said Victoria broke the all time called into the office record last year.

44 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Sadly Lilly was not the first girl in TC to be cut the first time in the office. There are girls in the past it has happen to. I think someone said Victoria broke the all time called into the office record last year.

I can just see her announcing that during her first TH.  "This year I hope to double my record!!!"

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I actually love the across the floor. You do that in a regular dance class and mix it up every time. If you can't remember a few steps every time, then you've got no chance of remembering 30+ routines a season. It's a great technique killer too and show who is classically trained and who isn't. That would probably be my favourite part of training camp, well apart from the fact it's Kitty teaching! That woman scares me!

YES me too. All the dance bits are the best bits to be honest (especially when they're shown in full and not cut with loads of HAIR FLIPS  ugh).

I like when Kitty teaches technique and had time for her feedback prior to this season. In dance. I like her dance feedback her costume/personality feedback can go away! When she's like "UGH YOU'RE A GRANDMA" I'm like ugh you're just being rude. 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

...after Tara was brought up by Kitty and ultimately cut, Kitty then planned her attack on Miranda.

An (alleged to be fair) attack that I for one was happy to see fail! Miranda always seems like such a nice person :).

Edited by Lona
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Lona said:

An (alleged to be fair) attack that I for one was happy to see fail! Miranda always seems like such a nice person :).

I love Miranda!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MelTexGirl said:

Aren’t the auditions coming up soon? Is there an update if the show is coming back for a new season? 

Kelli announced there was a new season on her Insta.  Someone asked her who was retiring and she said you could watch the retirement speeches on the upcoming season.

• Love 2