Type keyword(s) to search

The Masked Singer

• Start Topic

On 1/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, vibeology said:

I thought the Lion was Rumer Willis. She has a ton of sisters, is hollywood royalty and is connected to Lyons from her work on Empire.

She also has a HUGE lion tattoo on her left arm.

• Love 1

My guesses:

Peacock - Donny Osmond

Monster - T-Pain. (Look up him singing on YouTube. Dude can sing, and sounds just like this!)

Rabbit - JC Chasez (NSync). He released an album called "Schizophrenic" and wore a straitjacket. Tons of references to the band, AND not fat enough to be Joey Fatone. (LOL!) Joey also just did an interview saying he wasn't the Rabbit.

Raven - Ricki Lake. Her ex-husband committed suicide recently. All other clues point to her.

Unicorn - Tori Spelling

Lion - Rumer Willis

Bee - Gladys Knight (nickname is "Empress of Soul")

Poodle - Margaret Cho

Alien - LaToya Jackson (?); not too sure of that, though.

Can't remember who else was there. Oh, but I did get Tommy Chong right away. I must have been having an "intelligent" night.

**Notice I'm not touching anyone that could possibly be an athlete, because I have no clue about those guys.

4 hours ago, DFWGina said:

I thought the Raven was Ross Matthews.  His big loss would be his fairly recent breakup....

Yeah, but he didn't host a talk show, or have the other Ricki Lake references.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Lance has a very deep voice. Closer to Barry White than you'd think. Joey looks pretty healthy in pics I saw of him from last summer. The rabbit has a belly and seems hyper. Joey Joey Joey.

I still think it's JC. Just saw Joey in an interview for his new gam show, he DEF has a bigger belly than Rabbit. JC, on the other hand, has put on a little bit of weight since his skinnier band days. THIS is the one I'm really looking forward to the reveal!

On 1/10/2019 at 11:21 AM, ScarletLetter said:

I'm glad you can watch a condensed version of the show on YouTube and see only the performances/clues/reveal and limit having to listen to the brain trust they assembled make truly dumb guesses. Since it seems like the show is pretty successful, I hope if there is a second season they can get a brand new panel and maybe attract more singing talent.

AMEN!! Ummm... Megan Markle?! Really, Nicole? I almost can't tell if they're purposely giving us stupid answers to throw us off, but whenever Nicole opens her mouth I yell "STFU!!" 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chi-girl said:

I originally thought that the Deer was Peyton Manning, but then I saw this:  "the competitors are said to have a combined 65 Grammy nominations, 16 multi-Platinum albums, 16 Emmy nominations, 9 Broadway shows, 4 Superbowl titles and 4 stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame."

And we know they would never, ever, ever LIE!  (Well, hardly ever!)

21 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

And we know they would never, ever, ever LIE!  (Well, hardly ever!)

But taking them at their word, the Deer therefore cannot be Peyton Manning, assuming there are just two football players on this (and I think the consensus is that the Hippo, who was Antonio Brown, and the Deer are the only two football players on here).  Peyton has two Super Bowl titles, Antonio has zero.  Terry Bradshaw has four.  The Deer also said, "I like horses," and Bradshaw owns a horse ranch.

Gladys Knight, Donny Osmond, and *NSYNC have stars on the Walk of Fame.  Not sure who the fourth star would belong to among those who are rumored to be on the show.

• Love 1

Surprisingly enough, Terry Bradshaw has a star on the walk of fame.    No star:  Margaret Cho, Tommy Chong, Ricki Lake, Rumer Willis, Tori Spelling, T'Pain, Kendall Jenner, Milli Vanilli, Peyton Manning or Antonio Brown.  (I just listed the most common guesses.)  LaToya doesn't have a star on her own, but the Jackson's do.  However, I'm not sure if LaToya Jackson is considered part of the Jacksons or not.  

Edited by chi-girl
  • Love 1

During Heartbreaker, the judges bugged me seriously. 

Nicole (while stroking both sides of her hair) "I love this song" said every drunk girl. ever

Ken (while playing the air guitar) like every dad sitting on the couch jumping up when ZZ Top comes on.

Jenny (while mom-dancing in a velvet wrap) "She's a hot bitch" said every mom trying to impress her kid's friends.

Nick (while dancing and, I don't know what he was doing) like every teacher at a school dance dancing the only edgy dance he knows.

Robin (being quiet and being a little rational) like every coach at the same school dance  who barks like he has the place on total lock down when really all he has is the ability to stop kids from going to the bathrooms in the west wing of the school. 

And Jane Fonda? Really?

• Love 8

My guesses:

peacock - Donny Osmond

bee - Gladys Knight 

raven - Ricki Lake 

rabbit - If it's not JC Chasez then its one of the NKOTBers.

lion - Rumer Willis

poodle - Margaret Cho

I'm trying to ignore the judges as much as possible, they sound scripted, fake, and just plain idiotic.  The evil anti-vaxx Jenny McCarthy - I don't want to see anything about her unless it's her face getting punched for an eternity.

I thought the Raven was Ross Matthews.

That was my first thought too. 

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, chi-girl said:

I originally thought that the Deer was Peyton Manning, but then I saw this:  "the competitors are said to have a combined 65 Grammy nominations, 16 multi-Platinum albums, 16 Emmy nominations, 9 Broadway shows, 4 Superbowl titles and 4 stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame."

I don't believe Antonio Brown has a Superbowl title which would mean that the remaining person (assuming there isn't another NFL player besides the Deer) would have to have 4 titles.  Terry Bradshaw has four.  Peyton Manning has one.  Not sure about any of the other NFL players who were "guesses" and how many they might have.

I think that overall clue may help with some of the others as well--especially as more people are revealed.

Von Miller was one of the guesses for the Deer. He’s the right height and was on DWTS but he only has one Super Bowl title.

Wikipedia has a list of players with four rings. Only 5 are the right height- 49er Mike Wilson and from the Steelers Mel Blount, Gerry Mullins, Loren Toews, and Terry Bradshaw.

Terry Bradsaw is the only one who would be instantly recognizable to most people.

As for the rest of the list, Tommy Chong has four Grammy nominations.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, boochay8888 said:

Is anyone else hoping the monster is Donnie Wahlberg?!  Just to prove how enormously stupid Jenny McCarthy is?!?  

I saw website speculating the Donnie is the Rabbit. I tend to agree the clues point towards N’Sync but he does fit several of the clues.

He is married to a former playboy bunny. The twitching and straight jacket could be related to his Sixth Sense character. The rabbit “pops up here and there” which beside the obvious reference to pop music could refer to his many projects - reality shows, his restaurant, New Kids and Blue Bloods. There was a carousel in the background and the NKOTB cruises are through Carnival. One clue was previously performing in a mask and there is a video of NKOTB performing during a masquerade night on one of their cruises. Plus the episode was called New Masks of the Block.

When I started writing this I was certain it wasn’t Donnie but I think I just convinced myself that it is.

Patti LaBelle said in an interview that she think the Bee is Gladys Knight.

Edited by Guest

I re-watched both episodes last night. My roommate is convinced that the poodle is Maya Rudolph and I can totally hear it in her voice, but I'm not sure this show could get somebody that big. I was thinking the alien was Latoya Jackson, but the alien said she has "many sisters", and Latoya only has one, right?

1 minute ago, nat-fthc said:

I was thinking the alien was Latoya Jackson, but the alien said she has "many sisters", and Latoya only has one, right?

Two, the oldest of all the Jackson siblings is Rebbie. Still, two isn't many.

(edited)

I still think the Alien is LaToya.  She's from a big famous family and she made it sound like she was always the overlooked one, and that now it's her turn to show what she can do.  The thing that seals it as LaToya for me is that she said she wants to be in Control, which was the name of Janet's breakthrough album in the 80s.  I don't think any of the Kardashians would qualify as "overlooked"... they are all good and seeking fame and attention.  To me the only other possibility for the Alien is one of the Braxton sisters.

So tomorrow, the remaining five from the first week (Peacock, Monster, Unicorn, Deer, Lion) perform?  Wonder who will go out.  It's either the Deer or the Unicorn I think.

The two absolute worst voices (Hippo, Pineapple) were easy outs but it might get harder from here on out.  If they are truly "judging" on the best voice, it should be in the bag for Gladys Knight.  She's a living legend.  I would think it should come down to Donny v. Gladys.  I'd love to hear Gladys perform "Midnight Train to Georgia" after she wins.

Edited by blackwing

On Ken Jeong's Instagram, he posted a clip of when he was a contestant on the Korean version of the show. 

While I agree that the Raven is Ricki Lake, Ross Mathews did have a short-lived talk show called "Hello Ross!" (I think on E!" years ago.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, nat-fthc said:

I re-watched both episodes last night. My roommate is convinced that the poodle is Maya Rudolph and I can totally hear it in her voice, but I'm not sure this show could get somebody that big. I was thinking the alien was Latoya Jackson, but the alien said she has "many sisters", and Latoya only has one, right?

Latoya has three sisters when you count Joe Jackson’s daughter with another women. Maya Rudolph only has a brother. 

A few websites have heights listed for the last 5. None of them say where the information comes from.

Rabbit - about 5’11

Alien - 5’5

Raven - 5’4

Poodle - 5’5

Bee - 5’4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.etonline.com/the-masked-singer-spoilers-clues-hints-guesses-at-secret-star-identities%3famp

Edited by Guest
21 hours ago, Catgyrl said:

Yeah, but he didn't host a talk show, or have the other Ricki Lake references.

You are probably right that it is Ricki but Ross did have a talk show on E! called Hello Ross from September 6, 2013, until May 16, 2014.

• Love 1

I don't even know who Ross Matthews is.  (But again, I've never heard of Ally Wong either, who I believe was Jenny's guess for the Poodle.)  I see that multiple here suggest he is the Raven, and I'm surprised.  I know that Ken initially thought it was a man (the body was compact with thick legs) but once the Raven started singing I thought it was very evident it is a woman.  Ricki Lake seems like an obvious choice given the clues.

Curious to see what ridiculous guesses the judges come up with this week.  Perhaps Tom Brady for the Deer, Michelle Obama for the Lion, Melania Trump for the Unicorn?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DuckyinKy said:

I truly believe the poodle is Margaret Cho. She was born in SF, she is active in the LBGTQ community and she was sporting 2 tails - and Cho is bisexual. 

What is musical about Margaret's family? Also, why did she mention exercise twice? The poodle has me STUMPED.

I am also backtracking on the Rabbit because JC's voice sounds more like Joey's than I remembered. It just seems like Joey's energy, but maybe JC is excited for the paycheck.

Maya Rudolph is one of the guesses for the Poodle, not the alien. The alien is the one with many sisters, not the poodle. The alien says anonymity is hard to have in her family, but never indicates they are musical. So, maybe LaToya isn't it. I am running out of famous families with lots of sisters... Literally I began to think of the Gosselin kids because the twins are both 18 now. Seriously, I'm digging deep. David Foster also has a TON of kids, he's in the music business, most of them are girls. But Erin Foster is quite a bit less famous than Antonio Brown. 

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 1

Additional clues on the Fox website today:

Unicorn:  Positive affirmations

Peacock:  Multi-colored wigs  (Donny and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat?)

Lion:  Lions love to build things

Monster:  Has a job for you if you want to earn a little cash

Deer:  Give someone a dollar for something that's 75 cents and you get...  (my answer...a quarter back.)

Last night they had different clues and the one for the Rabbit had something about Rent.  (Can't find the clue now.)  Joey Fatone was in Rent.

Edited by chi-girl
  • Love 1

I want to like this show but echo everyone's disgust with the problematic judging. Please write some jokes for them in advance and mute their inanity during the singing. I can fast-forward through brainless comments at the end but not while they repeat the clues to each other and make stupid guesses in the middle of the performances.

• Love 7

I don't remember all of the clues for the Alien, but could it be a Braxton sister? I re-thought LaToya, and she only has 2 sisters, which I wouldn't consider "lots".  And now that I read the "Rent" clue for the Rabbit, I think it IS Joey Fatone. (He's such a jokester, I can see him lying about it just to throw us off.

Lion really must be Rumer Willis - "Lions love to build things" = build an Empire.

4 hours ago, DFWGina said:

You are probably right that it is Ricki but Ross did have a talk show on E! called Hello Ross from September 6, 2013, until May 16, 2014.

You're right. I completely forgot about that!

I found the website clues from last week: 

Rabbit:  "his services are sometimes available for rent."

Alien:  "Aliens love their veggies."

Raven:  "the higher the hair, the closer to God."

Poodle:  "You know I got soul."

Bee: "She's no stranger to competitions."

And here are ones from the very first week:

Unicorn:  "was a girl scout."

Peacock:  "Sometimes magic falls on deaf ears, but he'll show you a sign that's very real."  (Donny has two deaf brothers.)

Lion:  "She's more than whispers and fake news."

Monster:  "He's two for 12."  (T-Pain was nominated for 12 grammys and won 2.)

Deer:  "To find a deer, you should head east bound and down."

Edited by chi-girl

"East Bound and Down" was the theme song for the Smokey and the Bandit movies.  Terry Bradshaw was in Smokey and the Bandit II. 

"The higher the hair, the closer to God" is likely some sort of reference to hairspray.  Not sure if that is an actual quote from the movie or not, but Ricki Lake was in the movie Hairspray.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, chi-girl said:

Rabbit: Joey Fatone - he was in Rent

Raven: Ricki Lake - she was in Hairspray with Divine

• Love 1
15 hours ago, blackwing said:

The thing that seals it as LaToya for me is that she said she wants to be in Control, which was the name of Janet's breakthrough album in the 80s. 

Also, wasn't LaToya controlled by her ex-husband until the day she left him?

I feel i am all alone on this guess..but i believe that Monster is Ceelo Green.  He has a beautiful singing voice..he hit it big then went into seclusion because of allegations.  But mostly because of the costume.  Ceelo is short and heavy.and that costume hides his girth..their is no way he could have worn a form fitting outfit because that would really give it away.  I dont believe T-Pain is as short as Ceelo and Monster was shorter than Nick Cannon.

• Love 5

Just coming to say ... there is no way Tina Turner is on this show. She is A-list. Gladys Knight is a legend (and that voice--just enough rasp but not as much as Tina), but I think she needs paychecks. As I recall she lost a lot of money years ago due to gambling.  

I am watching this with my 9 year old and I keep laughing every time they suggest someone unrealistic—like Jake Gyllenhall and Jane Fonda. He doesn't get it, and I'm trying to explain that there are certain people who just wouldn't do a show like this. It is really hard to listen to Jenny McCarthy and Nicole suggest that current A-list celebs would do this. It's one thing to dance with the stars; it's another to dress "like a deranged Easter bunny" (TM A Christmas Story).

• Love 4
10 hours ago, chi-girl said:

I found the website clues from last week: 

Alien:  "Aliens love their veggies."

Poodle:  "You know I got soul."

And here are ones from the very first week:

Unicorn:  "was a girl scout."

Peacock:  "Sometimes magic falls on deaf ears, but he'll show you a sign that's very real."  (Donny has two deaf brothers.)

Monster:  "He's two for 12."  (T-Pain was nominated for 12 grammys and won 2.)

Deer:  "To find a deer, you should head east bound and down."

Tracy Turnblad says "the higher the hair the closer to God" in Hairspray. It's Ricky Lake.

Poodle may kill me. I remain confused. Musical family, soul, exercise, stand up, not known for singing, San Francisco. WTF.

Unicorn is boring. That hint makes me hope Tori Spelling can just go home now. 

Lion... whispers and fake news are RUMORS.

4 hours ago, Poohbear617 said:

I feel i am all alone on this guess..but i believe that Monster is Ceelo Green.  He has a beautiful singing voice..he hit it big then went into seclusion because of allegations.  But mostly because of the costume.  Ceelo is short and heavy.and that costume hides his girth..their is no way he could have worn a form fitting outfit because that would really give it away.  I dont believe T-Pain is as short as Ceelo and Monster was shorter than Nick Cannon.

I think it's not time for his comeback yet. 

• Love 3

I don't know much about T-Pain.  The clues made it sound like the Monster was a singer from the 80s... there was a shot of a mix tape.  He also said something like he's been at the very top and then he had a big fall and hit rock bottom.  To me that suggests like his career disappeared.  Does that describe T-Pain?  It sounds like he's never went from top to bottom?

"Aliens love their veggies."  LaToya is a vegetarian.

"You know I got soul."  Seoul, South Korea?  Margaret Cho is Korean.

• Love 3

Man, you guys are great detectives! I'm still not sure about Alien being LaToya, but it's a strong case. I don't know enough about T-Pain to say for sure, but also a strong case. I think the others are probably figured out now. I guess we'll see tonight if any new clues are dropped into the mix.

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I don't know much about T-Pain.  The clues made it sound like the Monster was a singer from the 80s... there was a shot of a mix tape.  He also said something like he's been at the very top and then he had a big fall and hit rock bottom.  To me that suggests like his career disappeared.  Does that describe T-Pain?  It sounds like he's never went from top to bottom?

I know very little about him but according to Wikipedia the mixtape would fit him. 

T-Pain released a Nappy Boy mixtape called T-Pain Presents: Nappy Boy All Stars Vol.1 which contained Nappy Boy remixes to "Every Girl", "All The Way Turnt Up" and "Forever". On May 5, 2011 he announced a mixtape for his album rEVOLVEr called prEVOLVEr.[

T-Pain did an interview in 2014 that he talked about a lull in his career that resulted in he becoming depressed and unmotivated to make music. 

14 hours ago, chi-girl said:

I found the website clues from last week

Gladys Knight won a televised competition when she was 7. 

19 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

What is musical about Margaret's family? Also, why did she mention exercise twice? The poodle has me STUMPED.

I am also backtracking on the Rabbit because JC's voice sounds more like Joey's than I remembered. It just seems like Joey's energy, but maybe JC is excited for the paycheck.

The poodle is the only one that has a completely stumped. I thinking it might be someone not mentioned. Margaret doesn’t have the musical family and Maya doesn’t have a San Francisco connection. 

Does JC have a connection to carousels or carnivals? I’m leaning towards Joey because his wedding was carnival themed. One of the clues was that the rabbit was never alone on stage so I’m leaning away from anyone who had a solo career. 

Edited by Guest
34 minutes ago, Dani said:

Does JC have a connection to carousels or carnivals?

This is an absolute stretch, but JC was a Mouseketeer on the 90s version of The Mickey Mouse Club. Disney World and Disney Land are obviously world-famous amusement parks which have carousels. Part of me still leans Joey, though.

I'm thinking way too much about a show that was supposed to be a bit of mindless fluff, but it's quite addictive to try to solve the mysteries.

• Love 3
On 1/15/2019 at 1:35 AM, Dani said:

Patti LaBelle said in an interview that she think the Bee is Gladys Knight.

Bee is definitely Patti, then!

15 hours ago, chi-girl said:

5 hours ago, BoogieBurns said:

Lion... whispers and fake news are RUMORS.

It fits so well!

14 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

I think another clue in favor of Latoya was that during her video a snake was shown. anyone remember the infamous nude photo of her wrapped in the large python? maybe a stretch..i dunno

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all. The ones that I am certain off every little thing matches. 

It would be interesting to go over the clues from the two already revealed. I don’t think I am that level of overthinking yet, but it could still happen. 

13 hours ago, MsTree said:

Also, wasn't LaToya controlled by her ex-husband until the day she left him?

Yes, and before that she was controlled by her father. I was just reading about her and when she made her first record she wanted to set herself apart from her brothers by dropping Jackson and her father wouldn’t let her. She described her reason for doing Playboy as "to show my parents they couldn't dictate to me any more—that I control my life." 

Edited by Guest

Terry Bradshaw has raised and shown multiple World Champion Quarter Horses and Palominos.  I don't know jack about football players, but I knew it was him when he gave the clue about horses.  It was a fun clue that none of the judges picked up on. 

• Love 3

Good job, SnarkyTart.   You were the first to guess Bradshaw  (without any other guesses).

I actually doubted it was him and I previously included that link showing him back when he had a country music career.

I guess I owe you a Coke.

I'm going to guess Lolo Jones is the Unicorn after tonight's clues.  Flying is a reference to hurdling and her spirit being crushed is the ridicule she received after her spectacular failures at the Olympics.

Edit:  Maybe Marion Jones is Unicorn.  The tarnished reputation fits better since she was busted for using PEDs and she's from Los Angles so that matches up with Hollywood royalty.

Edited by junemeatcleaver

I think the poodle is Maya Rudolph.  her mother was Minnie Ripperton. Soul singer.  She went to college University of Calif Santa Cruz which is south of San Francisco.  She is not really known for singing.  

Peacock is definitely Donnie Osmond. He said something about he felt like he was 5.  I think that is when he started performing. And also, he was a teen idol.  I had his poster on my wall.  Also the purple colors. I may remember that he was scared of heights also.

Anytime they mention an A list person, it is totally ridiculous. Like A list would appear on a show with Jenny McCarthy as the judge.  

I think the one who said something about his swing is a baseball player.  Especially something about getting in his head?  But that could be golfer too. I know, it's Tiger Woods.  See, I can give stupid suggestions too!  Maybe I could be a judge.

Every time Robin Thicke talks, I think it's his dad speaking.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, junemeatcleaver said:

I'm going to guess Lolo Jones is the Unicorn after tonight's clues.  Flying is a reference to hurdling and her spirit being crushed is the ridicule she received after her spectacular failures at the Olympics.

And Lolo Jones is on Celebrity Big Brother this season could be a double Dose of Publicity 

2 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

Edit:  Maybe Marion Jones is Unicorn.  The tarnished reputation fits better since she was busted for using PEDs and she's from Los Angles so that matches up with Hollywood royalty.

They are both too tall. 

2 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I think the poodle is Maya Rudolph.  her mother was Minnie Ripperton. Soul singer.  She went to college University of Calif Santa Cruz which is south of San Francisco.  She is not really known for singing.  

I think it is going to be a more direct connection to San Francisco. The poodle’s video included the San Francisco area code (415). Santa Cruz has a different area code. 

Edited by Guest

I still think the unicorn is Tori Spelling.  When asked about being a gymnast, she answered “in the bedroom” which I can see her and Dean being freaky behind closed doors.  And she used the word “victorious” in her package, which contains the name Tori within.

• Love 8

I am pretty certain about the Peacock (Donny Osmond), Lion (Rumer Willis) and Unicorn (Tori Spelling). I was leaning towards T-Pain for the monster and now I am almost certain.  He is from Florida and he has a car collection. I don’t really know his music but according to google Cadillac appears in the lyrics of several of his songs. 

I now just fast forward past the judges and wish they would stop showing their comments during the clues and performance. 

1 hour ago, Marmiarmo said:

I still think the unicorn is Tori Spelling.  When asked about being a gymnast, she answered “in the bedroom” which I can see her and Dean being freaky behind closed doors.  And she used the word “victorious” in her package, which contains the name Tori within.

Tori has already proven she can’t resist a pun using her name. 

Edited by Guest