Type keyword(s) to search

AGT The Champions: All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

@CrystalBlue I AGREE!!! I can't stand that kid!!!  She's soooo over-the-top precious and smiley and suh-weeeeeetuh...ugh...I can hardly bare to look at her. And she's sooooo thank yoooooo oh thank yooooo (show the back teeth smile) every time. Calm down Loretta. It ain't that big a deal. 

I wish Darci would let the puppets go and just SING. She's got a gift and hiding it behind ventriloquism is a crime. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ventiloquists creep me out. I have to fast-forward every time.

I absolutely love Shin Lim, and yes, I’m a sucker for Susan Boyle. I agree that she didn’t seem to be in the best of voices but even not-her-best blows me out of the water.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Sounder said:

And now..... breaking season 14 news...... It has been made official that Heidi Klum and Mel B. will not be returning.  They're to be replaced by Gabrielle Union and Julienne Hough.  Simon and Howie return..... and your new host is.................. TERRY CREWS!!!

I am not happy about Julianne Hough, though.  She annoyed me as a judge for DWTS, and it was nice not having her on last season.  I liked Heidi and Mel fine, and much better than I will Julianne.  

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, alexa said:

I am not happy about Julianne Hough, though.  She annoyed me as a judge for DWTS, and it was nice not having her on last season.  I liked Heidi and Mel fine, and much better than I will Julianne.  

I like Heidi fine too, she is beautiful and sweet.  I think she is smarter than she lets on too.  Mel B got on my nerves a lot, especially with her arms in the air showing off her armpits and tattoos, exclaiming "what just happened!" all the time.  She did have some moments when I was thankful for her input though.  I'm getting the feeling I will be missing both gals when this new duo comes in, and wonder why Howie is still there!  Oh well, we shall see.

• Love 10

I'm not sure how I feel about Julianne as a judge. I also couldn't stand her on DWTS.

Even though I didn't always agree with Heidi and Mel (especially with most of Heidi's Golden Buzzers, and Mel's banter at times), I enjoyed their chemistry with each other, it seemed that the two of them were friends. Which leads to my next question, I remember long ago and far away Tyra saying that she and Heidi were close friends. I wonder if that changed, because when watching AGT seasons's twelve and thirteen, it seemed that Mel and Heidi had a better chemistry than Tyra and Heidi. I know that Mel and Heidi sat together at the judge's table, but still. 

I am happy to have Terry Crews on board. As another poster said, he's personable and professional. He's also quite charming with a lovely smile. 

We'll see how things go next season. But we'll finish Champions first. 🙂

• Love 3
5 hours ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Julianne as a judge. I also couldn't stand her on DWTS.

Even though I didn't always agree with Heidi and Mel (especially with most of Heidi's Golden Buzzers, and Mel's banter at times), I enjoyed their chemistry with each other, it seemed that the two of them were friends. Which leads to my next question, I remember long ago and far away Tyra saying that she and Heidi were close friends. I wonder if that changed, because when watching AGT seasons's twelve and thirteen, it seemed that Mel and Heidi had a better chemistry than Tyra and Heidi. I know that Mel and Heidi sat together at the judge's table, but still. 

I am happy to have Terry Crews on board. As another poster said, he's personable and professional. He's also quite charming with a lovely smile. 

We'll see how things go next season. But we'll finish Champions first. 🙂

That was moi.  Hee.  I believe Heidi and Tyra were supermodels together during the same time frame, so I think they would be friends.  Heidi sitting next to Mel B would give them a chance to get to know each other more.

• Love 1

I had only watched AGT for a couple of seasons and stopped watching because of Tyra Banks. I cannot stand her. I am so happy that Terry Crews is coming back!

I am not at all familiar with the two new judges. I wish Howie would go away, but no such luck! I will really miss Heidi. 

The sand artist had me in tears both times she performed. What she does goes beyond mere talent - she is not only amazingly talented from an artistic point of view, using sand of all things as her medium, but omg the way she tells her story! She cuts right to the heart. I’ve never seen anything like her. Many of the contestants have been favorites of mine, but I would love to see her win this thing. 

• Love 3

I am all about Shin Lin, my fantasy boyfriend taking the entire thing, but I do love the sand artist....it's been done many times before, but she is fantastic....so I would be happy with either, but Shin deserves it more. I mean, come on, Vegas with Sand, I don't think so. 

• Love 4

hated the camera work during the sand artist. They kept showing the judges and her instead of focusing on the sand. There were also times when I couldn't hear the music very well too and couldn't follow along with the storyline. I would love to see her put out a short movie.

I don't think Susan Boyle was at her best. She has sung better. Paul Potts did a pretty good job. The other singers were pretty mediocre.

I'm really bothered by the lack of enunciation from Jackie Evancho, whether it was on this show or watching youtube clips. Did she not take voice lessons since she was last on this show?

• Love 2

I had a few thoughts from the finale. The sand artist surprised me by how much I enjoyed her. I've liked Jon--the Philly Eagle magician up until now but this performance kind of made me fed up of him.

But the main thing that I observed in this episode was that Simony is thirsty as fuck.  How often did he thank the people who showed up and pointed out that they didn't need to...

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

I like Heidi fine too, she is beautiful and sweet.  I think she is smarter than she lets on too.  Mel B got on my nerves a lot, especially with her arms in the air showing off her armpits and tattoos, exclaiming "what just happened!" all the time.  She did have some moments when I was thankful for her input though.  I'm getting the feeling I will be missing both gals when this new duo comes in, and wonder why Howie is still there!  Oh well, we shall see.

I agree totally about Mel! I don't know how the new judges will be, but I can myself missing Mel's input. At the end of the day, some of the show likely is edited and scripted by Simon and the producers, but I like Mel's honesty and being ballsy at times, and I feel like she plays along to Simon's tune the least of the judges. For example saying what she really thought about Angelica and Kechi's performances recently and not giving a standing ovation just because the others are.

I have definitely noticed the difference since Simon has been a judge compared with when Howard was a judge. The show and judges I think used to feel a bit more raw and gritty in some ways. Even I remember when judging if they all knew they liked an act they'd agree "yes" together, which you don't see now. I get the impression this new judging line-up is Simon and the producers' putting their stamp on the show. I've thought it seemed a random line-up, particularly having no American judges, but I can see myself missing Mel the most. I feel at least BGT has more continuity and the judges seem to gel.

This may be an unpopular opinion. I'm really pleased Terry will continue as the host, and am glad he seems well received by viewers. I remember before Tyra was the host thinking she'd make a good judge, and I still wonder if she'd work better as a judge.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

William close was just on the worlds best. It aired tonight. Could be why he wasn't on AGT champions.

Also very interesting AMA with Dustins Dojo giving behind the scenes secrets:

I think I remember William Close on AGT. It does seem the older seasons on The Champions aren't as well represented, minus of course Paul Potts and Susan Boyle from BGT. But I wasn't sure how well AGT viewers knew of Paul.

I haven't seen The World's Best, but the concept seems very similar to The Champions, or what The Champions could have been. Are all the contestants from previous talent shows? I've seen Matt Johnson and Krystyna & Princess from BGT are on it. Even with the 50 international people voting seems like The Champions!

William Close didn't need to appear on any more competition shows..... he and his group have toured the world.... they've recorded albums...... he is world class.... so I guess that's why CBS sought him.   He didn't win on agt .....he should've.   All the judges had said he wins hands down.... no one close but for whatever reason.....YOU america didn't choose him.  I believe season 7...... was that Olate Dogs season?   Don't tell Tom Cotter.

I would like this...... if agt needs an idea of another "off season" winter show..... how about "agt all stars" featuring the best of AMERICA'S got talent over the years with better representation of earlier seasons leaving the world acts out even though I've thoroughly enjoyed them...... this would be a show for just us.   It would feature an "all-star" judging panel of Howard Stern,  David Hasselhoff, Sharon Osbourne and Mel B. and be hosted by Terry..... along with Nick Cannon if you can get him..... or maybe Jerry Springer?

• Love 2

Love love love Shin Lim, Darcy Lynn and Ksenya (?sp) The Sand Artist.

I know Darcy wont win but she is just so damn likeable and crazy talented, plus she seems like a good kid, not annoying. wee or precocious.  Loved her dress too by the way.

Shin, Shin, Shin forever my tv boyfriend. I know its all sleight of hand but he is simply superb, plus he does that sexy eye thing and his carelessly floppy hair just kills me.

As much as I'd love Shin to win, the only one I'd be happy to beat him is Ksenya. The speed at which she creates, the emotion and storytelling are breathtakingly beautiful.

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Love love love Shin Lim, Darcy Lynn and Ksenya (?sp) The Sand Artist.

I know Darcy wont win but she is just so damn likeable and crazy talented, plus she seems like a good kid, not annoying. wee or precocious.  Loved her dress too by the way.

Shin, Shin, Shin forever my tv boyfriend. I know its all sleight of hand but he is simply superb, plus he does that sexy eye thing and his carelessly floppy hair just kills me.

As much as I'd love Shin to win, the only one I'd be happy to beat him is Ksenya. The speed at which she creates, the emotion and storytelling are breathtakingly beautiful.

I love Ksenya too.  I was thinking... she might not be right for a 75 minutes Vegas show of her own, but her talent could still be monitized in today's digital age.  Her "stories" could be recorded in a digital medium and be played back.

• Love 3
On 2/3/2019 at 7:34 PM, Candide said:

Every once in a blue moon, I hear a song in the background I’ve never heard before during the performance. Not to take away from the spotlight of the act, but it drives me all kinds of crazy that I have no way to know the artist. Anyone know of a way to find out? I feel it should be credited somewhere on the bottom of my tv screen or something. I notice a lot of commercials have started doing this now despite the relevance of the product they are selling.  

some cell phones have an app like  firefly that will tell you...also if you have comcast cable you can ask the remote what song is this and  it can tell you

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, Sounder said:

All I know about Julianne Hough is that she's the proactive zit cream girl.  So will she be judging acne?   I don't know who Gabrielle Union is at all.... enlighten me.......

I know Julianne from Dancing with the Stars. I liked her better as a dancer than as a judge. Gabrielle Union has been in lots of stuff that I haven't seen much of; I know her as the rival cheerleading team captain in Bring It On.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, matthieus2 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion. I'm really pleased Terry will continue as the host,

I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. Terry's presence has been very well received.

5 hours ago, sue450 said:

some cell phones have an app like  firefly that will tell you

You forgot the original app Shazam. Heck they even made a tv game show of it hosted by Jamie Foxx.

I would be happy with either Kseniya or Shin winning. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, lynxfx said:

I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. Terry's presence has been very well received.

You forgot the original app Shazam. Heck they even made a tv game show of it hosted by Jamie Foxx.

I would be happy with either Kseniya or Shin winning. 

By unpopular opinion I meant having Terry as the host and having Tyra as a judge. Not sure Tyra has been that well liked by the viewers.

• Love 3

Has anyone seen apparently there will be a Britain's Got Talent: The Champions/All-Stars?

I'm not sure how to feel about this as though I think there have been some impressive acts over the years on BGT, I really don't think it can compare to the enormity and production and AGT, and to do this later in the year from AGT: The Champions it may look cheap and amateur in comparison.

I do wonder if Simon is getting carried away and getting too big for his boots. With BGT I sort of feel like they should focus more on quality than quantity. I don't know if it's more to do with the channel, but I don't understand why they don't make the show slightly longer, as even the winning act you only see it 3 times; the audition, semi final and final. At least if there was a judges cut or quarter finals like AGT it may dwindle down some of the dross and you'd get to know the finalists better.

One positive I think is that Simon and Amanda have been there since the beginning so may not only favour the more recent contestants.

I also wonder if this would only feature BGT past contestants? Surely they'd be limited if the likes of Susan Boyle, Paul Potts, Attraction, Tokio Myers, Lost Voice Guy, Ashleigh & Sully, Darcy Oake and Issy Simpson wouldn't want to go through it AGAIN and so soon after AGT.

I wonder if they also had international contestants some who weren't involved in AGT: The Champions may be interested now, and Simon would learn to do the voting better and more fair for the viewers. I think the British media can be very critical and seem to bring up British shows like BGT having foreign contestants.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:12 AM, hnygrl said:

@CrystalBlue I AGREE!!! I can't stand that kid!!!  She's soooo over-the-top precious and smiley and suh-weeeeeetuh...ugh...I can hardly bare to look at her. And she's sooooo thank yoooooo oh thank yooooo (show the back teeth smile) every time. Calm down Loretta. It ain't that big a deal. 

I wish Darci would let the puppets go and just SING. She's got a gift and hiding it behind ventriloquism is a crime. 

I couldn't stand that kid in her original season, and I like her even less now. No way deserving of the Golden Buzzer. The multiple child singers are the worst thing about AGT.

Actually, Darci Lynn is easily the best kid singer who's ever been on this show, and she does it with her mouth closed. We've heard her sing in multiple musical genres, and now she shows she can do opera? Insane. Though I actually wish she would've mixed the opera with another kind of music, to showcase her versatility. She could've done that with more time. Dangerous Games was given a huge chunk of time compared to all the other acts. What the heck.

The sand artist is mind bogging. I can only imagine how many countless hours she's spent practicing to work so quickly but with amazing precision. I get choked up watching her every time. She seems like a truly beautiful human being, inside as well as outside.

In just two appearances Christina Ramos' shtick has already gotten old for me. Slow, operatic opening, rip off the cloak and rock out. Ho hum. She hits a lot of random high notes that are supposed to have a "wow factor" but that's more like a novelty act than true singing. She does put on a show though, I'll give her that.

I feel like this whole "champions" season is a set-up for Susan Boyle to win. I had forgotten that she was runner-up, not the winner, on BGT, so it's almost like they've brought her back to right a wrong. So the most famous contestant in the history of the franchise finally gets to be a champion. And was Simon nasty to her in her initial appearance? He made a comment to that effect. So it also gives him a chance to personally atone. (Now that he's the new, nice Simon).

I they do AGT Champions again, PLEASE, no more "50 states" nonsense. Have open audience voting, just like the regular show.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, bluepiano said:

So it also gives him a chance to personally atone. (Now that he's the new, nice Simon).

He helped her get her career started, so I think he's atoned for his behavior! Plus, he's publicly apologized for his attitude at that time. There's some footage of them on YouTube when they were collaborating on her album.  I got the impression that he took her under his wing after BGT.  Also, I think that their meeting and Simon becoming a father helped soften his tone with people.  Maybe he can imagine some of the younger people who audition for him as his own kids and realizes that he wouldn't want his son treated the way he's treated some of the contestants he's seen over the years.  Just a guess!  

• Love 2

I could see how this could be set up for Susan to win, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I personally think if the world was allowed to vote, she'd probably win hands down. Especially judging by the comments on YouTube.

I agree about Simon seeming softer over the years. In his early years of talent shows in the UK around early 00's he got nicknamed "Mr Nasty" or "Nasty Simon" if I remember rightly. (Which sounds a bit kinky!) I think there has been a switch. A lot of these talent shows follow the same format over the years, and that's something that irks me a bit about how judges talk about the impact about Susan now. Contestants still got mocked and judged very quickly, but with Susan it seemed like due to her audition going viral online and getting such media attention she became such a household name.

I will say, I think it's shocking when you look back on old clips of talent shows now, not just Simon but some of the judges could make brutal comments about contestants' appearances and weight, which I think would get more backlash from viewers now.

I've read online I think from some who were in the audience of Susan's initial BGT audition that the judges were quite disparaging that wasn't fully shown. Apparently when Susan said she was going to sing I Dreamed a Dream, Amanda suggested she sing a Britney Spears song, not sure if that was in a mocking way, and Susan had to say she wanted to sing I Dreamed a Dream. I wouldn't be surprised if Simon was more rude to Susan than we saw.

• Love 1
On 2/14/2019 at 11:54 PM, matthieus2 said:

Has anyone seen apparently there will be a Britain's Got Talent: The Champions/All-Stars?

I'm not sure how to feel about this as though I think there have been some impressive acts over the years on BGT, I really don't think it can compare to the enormity and production and AGT, and to do this later in the year from AGT: The Champions it may look cheap and amateur in comparison.

I do wonder if Simon is getting carried away and getting too big for his boots. With BGT I sort of feel like they should focus more on quality than quantity. I don't know if it's more to do with the channel, but I don't understand why they don't make the show slightly longer, as even the winning act you only see it 3 times; the audition, semi final and final. At least if there was a judges cut or quarter finals like AGT it may dwindle down some of the dross and you'd get to know the finalists better.

One positive I think is that Simon and Amanda have been there since the beginning so may not only favour the more recent contestants.

I also wonder if this would only feature BGT past contestants? Surely they'd be limited if the likes of Susan Boyle, Paul Potts, Attraction, Tokio Myers, Lost Voice Guy, Ashleigh & Sully, Darcy Oake and Issy Simpson wouldn't want to go through it AGAIN and so soon after AGT.

I wonder if they also had international contestants some who weren't involved in AGT: The Champions may be interested now, and Simon would learn to do the voting better and more fair for the viewers. I think the British media can be very critical and seem to bring up British shows like BGT having foreign contestants.

There will be BGT Champions.....and it will be formatted pretty much the same as this show.   A seven episode run.... a golden buzzers and some format of fan vote..... and seeing how unpopular the 50 states congress of superfans representing us all has been.... you expect they would find a better way to do it.    But the ratings for AGT Champions tell Simon the formula worked.   I also saw the word "annual" used..... suggesting it will be a regular series on both sides of the pond.   I love this show..... but don't get carried away...... please don't overkill it.

• Love 1

It will also not be limited to Brits.   Acts from Got Talents worldwide ....including America..... will be there..... giving the likes of Darci and Shin Lim etc. a chance to perform for the bgt judges.   Can it be viewed in the US?   Well.... in the uk they see the current agt champions on netflix.   So I guess that's it.

• Love 1

Simon's becoming "nice" is a total calculation.  It's an appeal to an LCD of thinkers.  That's the sweet spot for American TV.  That the other judges are "nice" is similarly a calculation.  It's about presenting the best possible image for their own careers.  This is why I most appreciated and liked Mel B.  She basically did not GAF.  So long as she could be a panelist for Simon, she was fine.  I am well convinced Simon encouraged a tension with her.  I shall miss her.

I can not stand Ms. Hough.  I grant her dance talents.  However, she is the coldest,  most calculating, and consumed with "success" dance TV personality I have seen.

As for this finale...I was thrilled.  What great acts.  The chaff was easily separated from the wheat, too.  What a stark contrast I witnessed.  To me, any of Shin, Dorenbos, Darci, Kseniya are deserving champions.  I wouldn't be too put off if Potts got it, either.  In any event, these folks really, really, elevated and brought it.  

2 hours?!  TWO friggin hours of filler to get to the announcement tomorrow?  Good thing I don't have a buzzer.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
speeling
  • Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:06 PM, Sounder said:

There will be BGT Champions.....and it will be formatted pretty much the same as this show.   A seven episode run.... a golden buzzers and some format of fan vote..... and seeing how unpopular the 50 states congress of superfans representing us all has been.... you expect they would find a better way to do it.    But the ratings for AGT Champions tell Simon the formula worked.   I also saw the word "annual" used..... suggesting it will be a regular series on both sides of the pond.   I love this show..... but don't get carried away...... please don't overkill it.

Oh no! If he's serious about it being an annual idea, it really does sound like overkill to me! I like the Champions idea as a one-off special and treat to the fans, but I don't see how it would work frequently as surely they'd run out of champion contestants. Unless it keeps happening until Simon and the producers' favourite(s) finally wins.

Has it been confirmed BGT will follow the same format? I would've thought it would make more sense if he champions auditions are all pre-recorded to have had the studio audience vote, and then have the final as live for the public to vote. Though I think that could likely mean a totally different winner.

I wonder if BGT: The Champions would pre-dominantly feature BGT contestants and then the rest international contestants. Not to be too down on my own BGT, but I think overall there have been more memorable/champion AGT contestants and I'm not sure there would be enough BGT champions to fill 50 spots.                                                                                                                           I always sort of think not enough effort seems to be put into BGT. At least with AGT there are auditions, judges cuts, quarter finals, semi finals, and the final. With BGT it seems to go straight from auditions to the semi finals to the final. So there doesn't seem to be a lot of weedling out the dross and cannon fodder acts from the really good ones, in my opinion.

A positive I would say is that though I don't know how successful AGT: The Champions has been overall, it seems to have had media attention, and perhaps could lead to some good international Got Talent contestants who didn't want to do The Champions may come back for a BGT: The Champions, if that makes sense.

But please not too much overkill, Simon and the producers!!

I've read there will be an X Factor (UK) celebrity special battle of the bands type thing. I remember Simon was quoted as saying he never wanted to do another of that series some time ago! And I don't know how accurate it is but apparently he's surprised the likes of One Direction and Little Mix don't want to return for an X Factor All-Stars format idea! Off topic, but I think X Factor in the UK is even more tired and overdone than Got Talent.

• Love 1

When the camera showed a close up of the trophy Shin won, I started laughing and laughing and couldn't stop, it was the funniest thing I've seen since Billy Bones won DWTS. I couldn't stop laughing out loud then, either. Took me clear into commercial break.

Meanwhile, congrats Shin Lim. You really ARE magic. In so many ways! (And I love Darci Lynn, too. You'll be just fine girl!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Other than Susan Boyle being eliminated so soon, I agreed with the results.  I was surprised Preacher Lawson won over Paul Potts, but I believe the American audience as a whole is not that into opera or doesn't appreciate the culture and talent it brings forth.  Thank Heaven Angelica Hale got eliminated!  (See what I did there?)  She seemed to take the loss fairly well though, and Paul was sweet with her.  Preacher has a lot of energy and probably untapped talent.  He could be on a sitcom; he doesn't have to stop at stand up.

Shin Lin for the win!  I honestly left this up to the universe (or the superfans voting, ha ha) as to whether Shin or Darci Lynn should be the COC, BOTB.  When he won I was elated, for him and for his magic.  He really is magic!  Darci Lynn will do fine, has a whole life ahead of her, and should be in school, but that's not to say she has not accomplished so much already.  She was really great on tonight's show.

Cristina Ramos should win some a special prize for best costumes!

I guess this was Heidi and Mel B's swan song on AGT.  I think I will miss them, actually.

Shin Lim for the win!!!  Congratulations!!!

• Love 4

I still am confused about America's 50 states vote. From what I have read, these were people backstage voting during the shows and it was only 1 person per state?

So explain how Darci did not win America's 50 state vote on her episode but comes in second overall beating people who had come in first. so these 50 people all changed their mind. This is Nothing against Darci, she is very talented, I just did not like this unexplained voting mess.

I was happy with 4th and 5th place but I kind of wish the sand lady won. Shim , Darci and the sand lady all were great but Darci and Shim have won and have shows and solid futures. I would have liked to see the sand lady (see I don;t even remember her name but loved her talent) win and get a career out of her act. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

So explain how Darci did not win America's 50 state vote on her episode but comes in second overall beating people who had come in first. so these 50 people all changed their mind. This is Nothing against Darci, she is very talented, I just did not like this unexplained voting mess.

I think it was mentioned in an article that the "50 States" weren't always the same people each show. So that could explain the different outcomes. I agree with the last part 100%. It was a mess.

• Love 3

OK ladies of the forum...... Shin has won...... he's also taken ..... he will be getting married in summer..... he received $25,000 as well as that trophy..... which at least looks better than the one he was awarded for fooling Penn & Teller..... which bears a huge red "FU"....... and they show it on tv   Shin will have a semi residency at Terry Fator theater in the Mirage Las Vegas.

• Love 3

Yay! Very happy for Shin Lim. The top three panned out the right way. I'd have been happy with any of those three taking the top prize. Bless Darcy, took an old school song and old school muppet and made it so sweet and cheerful, I was definitely smiling during her performance.

My sister and I were discussing the show last night and remembered that Grace Van Der Yodel wasn't part of this and wondered why. Anybody have any thoughts?

They absolutely got the Top 3 correct--I would have been happy with any of them winning. Am surprised Susan Boyle didn't finish higher.

God bless this show's tradition of always zooming in on the kids who aren't singing during the Voices of Hope performance.

4 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

My sister and I were discussing the show last night and remembered that Grace Van Der Yodel wasn't part of this and wondered why. Anybody have any thoughts?

Apparently she's filming a movie and the schedules conflicted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, matthieus2 said:

Oh no! If he's serious about it being an annual idea, it really does sound like overkill to me! I like the Champions idea as a one-off special and treat to the fans, but I don't see how it would work frequently as surely they'd run out of champion contestants. Unless it keeps happening until Simon and the producers' favourite(s) finally wins.

Has it been confirmed BGT will follow the same format? I would've thought it would make more sense if he champions auditions are all pre-recorded to have had the studio audience vote, and then have the final as live for the public to vote. Though I think that could likely mean a totally different winner.

I wonder if BGT: The Champions would pre-dominantly feature BGT contestants and then the rest international contestants. Not to be too down on my own BGT, but I think overall there have been more memorable/champion AGT contestants and I'm not sure there would be enough BGT champions to fill 50 spots.                                                                                                                           I always sort of think not enough effort seems to be put into BGT. At least with AGT there are auditions, judges cuts, quarter finals, semi finals, and the final. With BGT it seems to go straight from auditions to the semi finals to the final. So there doesn't seem to be a lot of weedling out the dross and cannon fodder acts from the really good ones, in my opinion.

A positive I would say is that though I don't know how successful AGT: The Champions has been overall, it seems to have had media attention, and perhaps could lead to some good international Got Talent contestants who didn't want to do The Champions may come back for a BGT: The Champions, if that makes sense.

But please not too much overkill, Simon and the producers!!

I've read there will be an X Factor (UK) celebrity special battle of the bands type thing. I remember Simon was quoted as saying he never wanted to do another of that series some time ago! And I don't know how accurate it is but apparently he's surprised the likes of One Direction and Little Mix don't want to return for an X Factor All-Stars format idea! Off topic, but I think X Factor in the UK is even more tired and overdone than Got Talent.

Since the got talent concept developed in the UK.... but debuted in the USA first...... they've always had similar formats....their show contains all the same elements..... auditions....judges cuts.... live shows.   Apparently....bgt champions will begin taping immediately following their live shows.  Unless the Brits have watched our show and were wondering what the bloody heck are super fans and complain ..... I expect it'll be the same.

I'm so happy for Shin Lim.   

I'm also happy that Preacher made the top 5 and I'd love to see him in a sitcom.  I always thought that Heidi wanted to nail him.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Somebody should scoop Preacher up and give him his own/put him in a sitcom. He's funny and he can ACT funnily. The man is good.

I agree!  He was funny on stage as well as with the behind-the-scenes video.   My faves were Darcy Lynne, Shin Lim, Preacher Lawson and Susan Boyle.   Congrats to Shin Lim on a well-deserved win!  I would've been happy with any of my favorite 4 winning! 

With Shin Lim, on one hand I'd love to know how he does his magic, but on the other hand, I'd hate to know because some things are just better left unknown, and in my little brain, I can believe it's really magic! lol.

I was confused about the man and woman mentalists who appeared last night - the ones that shot the little canisters into the audience.  Weren't the ones for the judges marked with their names, and then those same ones ended up in the judge's hands?  The same prepackaged pictures of the judges, right?  I'm trying to think back on it and can't remember why it was considered magical.   They acted surprised when the judges ended up with the pictures of themselves, but those were already labeled with the judges names when they were shot into the audience.  Color me confused on the "magic" of that act.   Somebody help me on this one and explain it to me if I'm remembering it all wrong!!  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

With Shin Lim, on one hand I'd love to know how he does his magic, but on the other hand, I'd hate to know because some things are just better left unknown, and in my little brain, I can believe it's really magic! lol.

That's the nice thing about acts like Shin Lim. You can know how it is done but still be impressed by the skill it requires to pull off. 

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

The same prepackaged pictures of the judges, right?  I'm trying to think back on it and can't remember why it was considered magical.

Everyone in the audience supposedly had an envelope with a different picture in it. There were four balls that had one of the judges name on them. Those balls were "randomly" shot out to the audience so whomever got the ball with a judges name on it were supposed to bring up their envelop and give it to that judge. The magic is that the envelopes actually had the correct judges picture in it, not just another random image like shown with the rest of the audience. The kicker was that Terry picked one of the 4 judges and that judges envelope (again brought by an audience member) didn't have his picture, but instead had the hot air balloon. Everything with most prediction tricks are forces so the key is to make it look as random as possible. The hundreds of white balls with only 4 unique ones randomly shot into the audience was their way of making it look nonforced.

I like the Clairvoyants as they have great production and stage presence. Plus her dress looked fabulous. 

Did I miss it, or was there no extra piece done with Kseniya Simonova in the final? Especially since she came in 3rd. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

The magic is that the envelopes actually had the correct judges picture in it, not just another random image like shown with the rest of the audience.

I think I'm remembering it all wrong.  I was thinking that the pictures were in the canister/ball that was shot out there, not in a separate envelope. I should've saved it and rewound it, but now with your explanation and a little more thought on my end, now it makes sense!  There was no "magic" to the way I remembered it!  Funny how we can watch something, and then it just up and leaves our brain a minute later.  Sigh.  One of the perks of getting older I suppose!  Thanks for jogging my memory, lynxfx. 

Magic is watching Howie take the lid off of his drink and finding Shin Lim's cards in there!!  That was pretty awesome.