Type keyword(s) to search

AGT The Champions: All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

I am loving the Poppycock love in this thread! I can't wait to see him next week. He's my number 1 in the history of AGT. Too bad Sharon isn't still on the panel. I think she'd golden buzzer him if she could. We have Howie and Simon left and I just don't know if either of them would. It would be a sweet FU to Piers Morgan if they did! 

I'll join the chorus of delight for Courtney not making it. Until wildcards are announced anyway. She's awful, and she's going to end up like the lady from last week with vocal cord damage if she keeps up that screeching. 

Would have rather seen Viktor over the danger act, but oh well. That woman has freaking nerves of steel. We were watching her closely to see if we could catch even a slight flinch, or reaction of any kind, and nope! He gets a lot of credit for not killing the love of his life, but she is a badass. 

Edited by Squirrely
typo
  • Love 8

Caught the rerun last. (Okay, so I watch The Bachelor on Monday. Go ahead and laugh.) I thought Darci Lynne was fantastic, better than ever. I liked her before, I loved her last night. Girl has talent. You know, one of those words that's in the name of this show.

I was bored watching Light Balance. Maybe because that sort of act is old hat now. Amazing the first 20 times we've seen it, not so much now. I also was disappointed in Taylor. I liked him so much on the regular season; last night it almost seemed like he wasn't ready to perform, like they pulled him in that afternoon and said "Do your act."

I wasn't impressed with Cristina Ramos. Sure, she can sing, but so can everyone on The Voice and AI and this show. She seemed like a nice person though, so I wish her success.

The knife throwers were professional and good, but I'm not a fan of danger acts so that colored my opinion. Both are nice to look at though, and skilled at their craft. I'd be good with not seeing them again but it looks like that's not going to happen.

Courtney Hadwin ... what can ya say. She actually did not bug me as much this time as she did on the regular season where I couldn't stand her. I guess I've gone to just ignoring her. If others like her, good for them. Me, I won't be going to any of her appearances and I can't imagine her having a record deal since singing doesn't seem to be her forté. This show is invested in her somehow though, for some strange reason.

I liked the jump-rope guys, although the camera bounced around so much between them and all the judges and audience reactions, who knows what their whole act is like. Still, it was something different and entertaining. I'd rather see them again than some of the above-mentioned acts.

I've never been a fan of Piff, but I really liked him last night. He was more fun and witty than being edgy and sarcastic as he was on the regular season. I was all, no, don't go there with the dog dumping in the bag, but then it turned out to be a magic dragon egg and that was pretty funny. And I actually LOL'd, something I seldom do, when he turned on the waving people fan balloons at the end. I think those are hilarious anyway. I'd go see Piff's show after seeing him last night. Well done Piff.

I was just okay with the dog act. I wasn't sure what the theme was, boxing or wrestling or if the dog was boxing/wrestling the trainer. I'm not ranking on the act, I work professionally with dogs and know what it takes to train one to the freestyle level. I just thought it was ... just okay. The dog was more fun after the act was over.

Then there was Viktor Kee. Holy smokes, he can do no wrong in my eyes. He's beautiful, his act is mesmerizing, his skill is beyond anything anywhere. I would have not only given him my Golden Buzzer, I would name him the winner now and cancel the rest of the show. He's too fabulous for words.

But speaking of fabulous, I am looking forward to Prince Poppycock. I hope he brings it.

If I had been playing a drinking game, take a shot every time Howie says "Only two will go through," I would have missed the last 1-1/2 hours of this show from being in a alcoholic stupor.

• Love 8

A few of Angelica's notes kinda hurt my ears... that did not deserve a GB. (And if I said that on the AGT Facebook page I would be accused of hating children.)

I debated if I was even going to bother tonight but then I remembered that Prince Poppycock was going to be on (and who are we kidding, I will watch out of morbid curiosity if nothing else).

I forgot about Tom Cotter. I liked him! (Hey, did you know only two can go through?) Simon Growl was adorable. Is that the first time they've buzzed someone (Simon's a jerk; Ugh, what is their obsession with Trailer Nasty?)? He recovered pretty well, though. 

Also, today I learned that Terry Crews had an art scholarship before he had a football scholarship, worked as a courtroom sketch artist, and also played the flute for several years.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 11

I liked tom Cotter and it was a dick move on Simon's part to buzz him like that.  Reminds me of when Piers buzzed Prince Poppycock.

I just knew one of those kids would get a golden buzzer, and because of that I'm afraid Poppycock won't go through since there's only one spot left.  If not, I hope he gets a wild card. 

26 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Also, today I learned that Terry Crews had an art scholarship before he had a football scholarship, worked as a courtroom sketch artist, and also played the flute for several years.

That's an interesting story about Terry Crews.  Who would have guessed?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

He was on NPR's Ask Me Another from Friday (1/18/19); I was listening to it at lunch this afternoon. He said his great aunt asked what instrument he wanted (for Christmas I think?) and he just wanted to go outside and play so he said a flute so she would get out of his way. Sure enough, he got a flute. (His brother got a guitar.) He said he played for 7 or 8 years.

---------------
Ugh, I hate these acts. One of the few times I agree with Mel; I can't watch them. Light, aim, fire...Cut to commercial!

• Love 4

It was really too much to hope that my Prince would be granted a GB.

His story was a tad disingenuous, as is a Prince's right.  After his AGT season, he absolutely toured in clubs which featured glam and such.  I have no doubt, however, that his inner demons continue to plague him. 

His voice less powerful; his sound not as explosive; his staging not quite as audacious; my Prince remains unsurpassed.  Triumphantly, he radiates.  He glows.  He conquers.  

Poppycock endures.

Thank you, John Andrew Quale.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 10
On 1/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

It would be the shock of my watching TV for several decades if this show, including ALL results, were not completely scripted.

Ditto.  I think they're going to want to try use this to launch someone else.   They'll have a few BIG acts make it to the finale for viewers but ultimately, I still think it'll be someone who either was some sort of runner-up on the US show or someone from an international show who isn't as well known here. People like Darci Lynn and Piff don't need this. Piff has his residency and Darci is touring.

On 1/16/2019 at 2:58 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Hopefully Darci Lynne will be smart enough to stay away from the shitshow that is SNL.  JMHO.

She's too young but for a comedic performer, it's still quite a launching pad.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, helenamonster said:

I just knew there was something up with him when he was on this show.

2 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

His story was a tad disingenuous, as is a Prince's right.  After his AGT season, he absolutely toured in clubs which featured glam and such. 

AGT is making them tell incomplete stories?  thats-shocking.jpg

Some good performances so far tonight.  Paul Potts has such a powerful voice.  And I've always liked the ex-football player.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

A few of Angelica's notes kinda hurt my ears... that did not deserve a GB. (And if I said that on the AGT Facebook page I would be accused of hating children.)

I debated if I was even going to bother tonight but then I remembered that Prince Poppycock was going to be on (and who are we kidding, I will watch out of morbid curiosity if nothing else).

I forgot about Tom Cotter. I liked him! (Hey, did you know only two can go through?) Simon Growl was adorable. Is that the first time they've buzzed someone (Simon's a jerk; Ugh, what is their obsession with Trailer Nasty?)? He recovered pretty well, though. 

I liked Angelica but that kid DJ didn't belong on AGT. Simon was more critical this week but I loved his enthusiasm for John Dorenbush and Paul Potts.

• Love 4

That little girl did not deserve the golden buzzer. She was just alright.... but not hardly wow-worth...but this is fake after all...maybe shes’s The pre-determined winner??? Hmmm???  

Prince freaking Poppycock!!!

Finally!

too bad he wasn’t very good...think maybe this was planned as well?  Hell, even his background dancers sucked ass...disappointing...

Edited by hnygrl
  • Love 4

Howie is such a knucklehead for giving Angelica Hale the Golden Buzzer.  Not only did he waste the GB on her, but of all the acts tonight, I didn't like her at all.  Granted, the South African 6-year-old  shouldn't have been on the show either.  He was like the filler act.  I hope this is not a predetermined plan to get Hale to the top.  If I say what I really think about her, I would be accused of hating children in general too, but that's not the case.

This is the first performance I've seen of Prince Poppycock and I loved him.  I was impressed with the intro with all the different costumes, hair and makeup styles.  I would pay money to see Prince Poppycock and Piff the Magic Dragon with Mr. Piffles.

Someone else should have been up there with Paul Potts rather than the England skating duo, but at least he won.

• Love 7

Did I say how much I hate Angelica Hale?  Sitting through her season was bad enough, but she just had to come back.  She's in it for the win, you know.  Gag.  She did not deliver a flawless performance.  On one of the end notes, she screwed up at the end (I don't know what to call it) but it seemed flat and dry.  Her personality is obnoxious to me, JMHO.  Her shouting Thank You immediately after her song (to which I could not make out of words) was just too much.

• Love 7

The first season of AGT that I ever watched was the season with Darci, Angelica, Celine and so many others that we loved. 

Please count me in the group that loves Angelica. I still see that little girl on stage singing ‘This girl is on fire’.  You, go girl!  Sing, sing, sing!

As always, wish these talented people the best.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

That’s really nice to learn about Terry Crews.

11 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I liked tom Cotter and it was a dick move on Simon's part to buzz him like that.  Reminds me of when Piers buzzed Prince Poppycock.

I just knew one of those kids would get a golden buzzer, and because of that I'm afraid Poppycock won't go through since there's only one spot left.  If not, I hope he gets a wild card. 

We haven’t learned how the wild cards work, I don’t know if it has to do with the final 3. I thought Prince Poppycock was more entertaining than the roller skaters. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ellee said:

The first season of AGT that I ever watched was the season with Darci, Angelica, Celine and so many others that we loved. 

Please count me in the group that loves Angelica. I still see that little girl on stage singing ‘This girl is on fire’.  You, go girl!  Sing, sing, sing!

As always, wish these talented people the best.  

I actually like Angelica too, but I don’t know if she deserves to win it all. I don’t think the roller skaters should have made it into the top 3. This “Superfan” thing definitely sounds suspicious if they are so vague. I’m not sure if this was Prince Poppycock’s best or worst performance since it was the first time I had seen him perform, but he was more entertaining than the skaters.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

I actually like Angelica too, but I don’t know if she deserves to win it all. I don’t think the roller skaters should have made it into the top 3. This “Superfan” thing definitely sounds suspicious if they are so vague. I’m not sure if this was Prince Poppycock’s best or worst performance since it was the first time I had seen him perform, but he was more entertaining than the skaters.

I don’t pick the winners. Lol, I just root for those I like.   Enjoy what they do.  

Everything  about these shows are suspect and the ‘superfan’ thing makes it even more so. 

I have to to admit I watched Angelica closely as Mel B went on her little critique. Angelica handled it well but if this crap was scripted ... SMH.  There are ways to say things and there are ways things shouldn’t be said. Regardless of the contestant’s age.  

Anyhow ... there is no doubt the show has an agenda.  

• Love 3

DJ ARCH Jr. - he's adorable, and it's amazing what he can do at his age but I knew he wasn't going to go through. A simple DJ act will not go far in AGT. I wish him well. Hopefully he'll get some great DJ gigs as he gets older (if he hasn't already). 

Tom Cotter - it did seem like the buzzer did effect him, even though he pushed through after minute. 

Angelica - I agree with Mel for a change. Hold on...I need a minute to recover from the shock...

...she has a great voice, but this performance was not her best, and definitely not golden buzzer worthy. 

The Siblings England...they are great on skates, but I am not comfortable watching them at all. Why does dude need to keep peeling off his shirt. This may not sound nice, but I'm relieved that they did not go through. 

Now that I've seen Prince Poppycock, I understand why people compared Puddles Pity Party to him back in Season 12. I was looking forward to seeing him perform as I've heard so much about him. To be honest I was expecting more from him based on what I heard. I will look up his old videos in YouTube though, because I do like him.

Paul Potts, a beautiful performance. If a singer had to go through (I'm sure they'll keep going through, this season, and many seasons to come), I'm glad that it's him. And there's something about Paul's personality that warms my heart. I love his humility.

Jon Dorenbos - I like him, I like the energy he brings, and I'm very glad that he survived an aortic aneurysm, but his format seemed to be the same as two of his performances in his original season (Live Shows and Semi-Finals). Look it up on YouTube under Anthony Ying's channel. Ironically enough, I would have preferred him to go through over Angelica.

• Love 5

As much as I love my Prince, this was not his best performance.  His voice wasn't as strong and I actually wondered if he wasn't feeling his best.  Also, his costume was "tame" compared to the ones he wore on his season of AGT.  However, he was still better than most of the other acts tonight and I thought he should have made the final three, along with Paul Potts and John Dorenbos.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Howie is such a knucklehead for giving Angelica Hale the Golden Buzzer. 

You have to watch using the mindset that the judges' decisions are not theirs.  They are producer-driven.  

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

As much as I love my Prince, this was not his best performance.  His voice wasn't as strong and I actually wondered if he wasn't feeling his best.  Also, his costume was "tame" compared to the ones he wore on his season of AGT.  However, he was still better than most of the other acts tonight and I thought he should have made the final three, along with Paul Potts and John Dorenbos.  

Agreed!

• Love 2

Re: the English Sibling Roller Skating act:

BROTHER-SISTER ACTS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SENSUAL!!!!

GEEZE LOUISE GUYS DAMN.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming already in progress...

• Love 13
On 1/19/2019 at 8:35 PM, Plaidmoon said:

Susan Boyle isn't an international act?

I will agree that Cristina Ramos wasn't as good on AGT as she was on her Spain's Got Talent audition. She seemed to have less time on AGT than she did on Spain's Got Talent and choosing a long song like Bohemian Rhapsody meant she really had to chop it up to make it fit. She probably would have been better off duplicating her Spain's Got Talent audition. Most people haven't seen it. Perhaps "superfans" have. 

The more I watch this version the more I feel the 50 state thing is to protect these international acts. I feel if America got to vote there is no way these international acts advance over some AGT favorites with only 1 spot available to vote for.

• Love 4

I know that this may result in stones or rotten vegetables being thrown at me- but I don't like Prince Poppycock.  I don't like ANY of the operatic singers.  I just can't tolerate that kind of singing.  I FF through all of them.  I can appreciate that they have talent for what they do, I just don't like it. 

I didn't think Angelica deserved all that tongue bathing at all.  I also thought it was immensely rude of Simon to buzz that comedian.  The judges aren't voting the acts through- except for the predetermined GB winner.  To buzz someone who was INVITED back was just immensely rude and uncalled for. 

• Love 9

The fact that Angelica Hale gets to go through with a golden buzzer and Darci Lynne, who actually beat her, does not (barring any potential wild cards) is such bullshit.

Hey, Simon? Anybody who thinks Vicki Barbolak is the epitome of comedy forfeits any validity in their opinion on the genre.

I know Ryan Stock and AmberLynn flubbed a live show performance and putting them on this version was for a redemption arc, but they didn't make it past the quarter finals. Implying they even have a chance here is embarrassing to all involved.

Roller Skates in the Attic still out here making me deeply uncomfortable!

• Love 16

My only added comments:

I wasn't initially on the Prince Poppycock love train, but he's growing on me from sheer showmanship.  I was glad he wasn't buzzed..

...and the regular buzzer needs to go away for this version.  If the act shouldn't be here, it's not a "Champions" act.  Also, Tom Cotter was funnier this time through, but seriously--as Whimsey just noted and others have seen, it's just basic courtesy.  With danger acts in the mix, it's MORE than that, but it's time to buzz-off.

And if we're doing a roll call of "Superfans", I've neither heard of nor met any who were in the audience for this version of this show.  That's not to say they don't exist, but it's a datum point.

• Love 4

Angelica Hale, Singer - I honestly can't remember if I liked her or another child singer that looks almost just like her. She might have even been in the same season. She didn't sound quite right this time and I'm always distracted by the size of her mouth. Didn't deserve the GB. 

Billy & Emily England, Extreme Rollerblade Duo - Or as we like to call them, the brother/sister act with sexual tension. I had a good laugh when the final three showed that they dominated the South. Keep those stereotypes running. It is a good act and it actually seemed dialed down for this performance. Didn't realize that were part of Absinthe at Caesars' Palace. Makes sense since they don't need to fill an entire show.

Darcy Oake, Magician - Great illusion but agree that the presentation was lacking. When you have a prop that is hidden that well, even with a 360 camera, you should dress it up a bit.

DJ Arch JNR, DJ - Sorry but this shouldn't be on this show. 

Jon Dorenbos, Magician - He has always been my least favorite magician. His backstory though is pretty tragic and to see how positive he is after that is pretty uplifting. I just can't get past his Home Shopping Network style of presentation for every trick he does. Then to do a forced prediction just makes it even worse.

Paul Potts, Opera Singer - The dude has pipes. Another singer in the finals.

Prince Poppycock, Opera Singer - Never been a huge fan but I can appreciate the attention to detail he has to his entire performance. Great costumes, a specific look and theme. A complete change from his every day life.

Ryan Stock and AmberLynn, Sideshow Duo - Their stuff works in the "freak show" sense. Kudos to doing that arrow trick again. I forgot that he actually did a 'sword swallow' of the target. That definitely ups the ante. 

Samuel J. Comroe, Stand-up Comedian - He's a funny comedian but I got a little distracted during his act so missed some. 

Tom Cotter, Stand-up Comedian - Another funny comedian and screw Simon for disrespecting another "champion" by buzzing. If they do this format again, please remove the buzzers. These aren't auditions. This is like a curtain call for most of these people. Show some respect.

19 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

Also, I wish they’d give Terry more to do. He’s too charming to be kept backstage looking shocked for 1.75 hours. 

The host really never had much to do during the live shows either. Mostly just introduce the judges and give the results at the end. At least they are showing more backstage interactions with him and the act that just went on. I'm hoping that he wants to come back for the summer season (and that it doesn't conflict with Brooklyn Nine-Nine) where he can really interact with the acts auditioning. Bad and good acts alike. He could have a lot of fun with that and he has more than proven he can handle it.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

Angelica Hale, Singer - I honestly can't remember if I liked her or another child singer that looks almost just like her. She might have even been in the same season. She didn't sound quite right this time and I'm always distracted by the size of her mouth. Didn't deserve the GB. 

That would be Celine Tam with the younger sister named Dion. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I know that this may result in stones or rotten vegetables being thrown at me- but I don't like Prince Poppycock.  I don't like ANY of the operatic singers.  I just can't tolerate that kind of singing.  I FF through all of them.  I can appreciate that they have talent for what they do, I just don't like it. 

I didn't think Angelica deserved all that tongue bathing at all.  I also thought it was immensely rude of Simon to buzz that comedian.  The judges aren't voting the acts through- except for the predetermined GB winner.  To buzz someone who was INVITED back was just immensely rude and uncalled for. 

I like Poppycock, but I won't throw anything at you. ;) This was certainly not his best AGT performance. I like opera but only in relatively small doses.

Agreed on the buzzer. I've always thought that when the judges no longer have a say, they shouldn't be able to buzz.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

That would be Celine Tam with the younger sister named Dion. 

Thank you, that's it. I liked her better that season. I hate when parents that give their children stupid or trendy names but I honestly kinda liked the Celine Dion combo. The fact that Celine could sing was kismet. 

Just rewatched both comics on hulu and enjoyed both. They just aren't the huge personality types. Still stand that Simon was an ass to buzz. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, missj9580 said:

Am I losing my mind, or was this Champions season pulled from Hulu?! I just watched the first two episodes last week, and when I went to watch the third one just now, this season is nowhere to be found?!

It's on there but for some reason they put it as episodes for Season 13. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Re: the English Sibling Roller Skating act:

BROTHER-SISTER ACTS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SENSUAL!!!!

GEEZE LOUISE GUYS DAMN.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming already in progress...

The beard thing creeps me out, especially when Emily ends up clutching some of the hairs after their beard twirl stunt.

7 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Everyone has their own preferences.  Everything you said about operatic singers I can say about diva solo singing.  I agree with everything else you said!  Simon sure was in his previously well-known meanie mood this episode!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, helenamonster said:

The fact that Angelica Hale gets to go through with a golden buzzer and Darci Lynne, who actually beat her, does not (barring any potential wild cards) is such bullshit.

Hey, Simon? Anybody who thinks Vicki Barbolak is the epitome of comedy forfeits any validity in their opinion on the genre.

I know Ryan Stock and AmberLynn flubbed a live show performance and putting them on this version was for a redemption arc, but they didn't make it past the quarter finals. Implying they even have a chance here is embarrassing to all involved.

Roller Skates in the Attic still out here making me deeply uncomfortable!

LOL!

• Love 3

Billy & Emily England, Extreme Rollerblade Duo - Or as we like to call them, the brother/sister act with sexual tension. I had a good laugh when the final three showed that they dominated the South. Keep those stereotypes running.

During the voting, when they announced where people were popular:

"Billy & Emily, you were really popular..."

Me:  Please don't say "the South."  We're not all...

"...in the South."

Me (in a Charlie Kelly from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia voice):  Well, it was a good run.

It's on there but for some reason they put it as episodes for Season 13. 

Yes--it shows up in the guide/listings as AGT:  The Champions, but they list it as part of Season 13, because they want to save it for the REAL AGT Superfans, so you need the password.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lynxfx said:

Billy & Emily England, Extreme Rollerblade Duo - Or as we like to call them, the brother/sister act with sexual tension. I had a good laugh when the final three showed that they dominated the South. Keep those stereotypes running. It is a good act and it actually seemed dialed down for this performance. Didn't realize that were part of Absinthe at Caesars' Palace. Makes sense since they don't need to fill an entire show.

Darcy Oake, Magician - Great illusion but agree that the presentation was lacking. When you have a prop that is hidden that well, even with a 360 camera, you should dress it up a bit.

DJ Arch JNR, DJ - Sorry but this shouldn't be on this show. 

Jon Dorenbos, Magician - He has always been my least favorite magician. His backstory though is pretty tragic and to see how positive he is after that is pretty uplifting. I just can't get past his Home Shopping Network style of presentation for every trick he does. Then to do a forced prediction just makes it even worse.

Paul Potts, Opera Singer - The dude has pipes. Another singer in the finals.

Prince Poppycock, Opera Singer - Never been a huge fan but I can appreciate the attention to detail he has to his entire performance. Great costumes, a specific look and theme. A complete change from his every day life.

Ryan Stock and AmberLynn, Sideshow Duo - Their stuff works in the "freak show" sense. Kudos to doing that arrow trick again. I forgot that he actually did a 'sword swallow' of the target. That definitely ups the ante. 

Samuel J. Comroe, Stand-up Comedian - He's a funny comedian but I got a little distracted during his act so missed some. 

Tom Cotter, Stand-up Comedian - Another funny comedian and screw Simon for disrespecting another "champion" by buzzing. If they do this format again, please remove the buzzers. These aren't auditions. This is like a curtain call for most of these people. Show some respect.

The host really never had much to do during the live shows either. Mostly just introduce the judges and give the results at the end. At least they are showing more backstage interactions with him and the act that just went on. I'm hoping that he wants to come back for the summer season (and that it doesn't conflict with Brooklyn Nine-Nine) where he can really interact with the acts auditioning. Bad and good acts alike. He could have a lot of fun with that and he has more than proven he can handle it.

Angelica Hale:  Thank you for having the guts to say this.  I concur!

Roller Skates in the Attic:  LOL!

Simon:  Agree.  First he dissed those who declined the invitations by saying they were too afraid to fail, then he buzzes an act for no good reason other than a personal preference.  Why invite him at all then, Simon?

Terry Crews:  I would like him back!

• Love 2

Tom Cotter did not deserved to get buzzed. Simon was a jerk to do that, and then to tell him that he's not as good as Trailer freaking Nasty? He needs to go. Tom did fine, and he was funnier than Samuel J. Comroe, who Simon went crazy for.

Gotta love how they show the judges and the audience more than the actual act. Amber Lynn shot the arrow and they cut to the judges, showed some audience reactions, more judges, more audience... oh hey let's show one second of fireworks coming out of the funnel in Ryan's mouth aaaand the act's over. Just show the act please.

Paul Potts is great, but how many times can we hear Caruso? I'm not too thrilled with either of the two who went through, though I guess I can live with Paul. Angelica did not deserve the golden buzzer. I would've liked to see Jon Dorenbos go through.

I like Billy and Emily. I guess that's an unpopular opinion here.

LOL at the little DJ kid. Talk about filler.

So tired of hearing of "fifty states," "only two can go through," "you're competing against the best of the best," "you are a champion." I'm also tired of the judges pretending to be shocked every time the next act walks onto the stage.

• Love 4

I guess I’ll disagree some.

Love Courtney Hadwin. Surprised so many people dont. Absolutely love the skaters. Emily is magnificent. They look like a couple of superheros and her abs should get their own monument.

That said, agree that Howie just keeps saying the same thing over and over, superfans, 50 states, 2 go through. What are these judges supposed to be doing? Was Heidi on break the second half?  I liked it when a couple of them were a bit critical, but Simon is an unprofessional jerk. He sits on his hands while some of those terrible acts played out like the boy band and the 6 year old and he buzzes the comedian? After raving about the racist, unfunny Preacher Lawson? More fuel to add to the “rigged” feel. The comedian was kinda funny, certainly better than Tourette’s Boy. Uncalled for.

And while Mel B is not my favorite, why does Simon feel like he can harass her for her criticisms and the spout his own form of stupid. His bullying of her is uncomfortable.

Did I say Emily is a Goddess?

The acts weren’t very good last night. When it got to the last three, my wife and I said before they performed they would be the 3 Finalists after the little kid got the GB. Did. Obvious.

Disappointed the Opera Singer, that “America” has never and would never vote for, beat the killer skaters.

Edited by SG11
  • Love 2

PS: if ventriloquist Girl wants a job on SNL, all she has to do is promise to hate Republicans. Not a tough process.

And that Victor juggler makeup guy? Are you joking? He does nothing out there. Terrible.

The lights shows were interesting the first time someone did it. Was it “Illuminate”? Now everything is another boring copy. And those last guys were not good at all. No effects, just dancing with lights on like a possessed Christmas tree.

Edited by SG11
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, marketdoctor said:

Yes--it shows up in the guide/listings as AGT:  The Champions, but they list it as part of Season 13, because they want to save it for the REAL AGT Superfans, so you need the password.

My cable company has up on their free-on-demand service, plus the episodes are unlocked on NBC's website.

Just thinking about Prince Poppycock. *sniff*  I think he would have done better if he had sung an opera to really showcase his voice, instead of that Lady Gaga song.  I also missed the ruffles and flourishes.   

Edited by Ohwell
left out "have"
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Just thinking about Prince Poppycock. *sniff*  I think he would done better if he had sung an opera to really showcase his voice, instead of that Lady Gaga song.  I also missed the ruffles and flourishes.   

This was a majorly blown opportunity.  The Prince had a rare opportunity* to act with full-on impunity.  He was not dependant upon "Ameriker" to get through.  Any number of Gilbert and Sullivan pieces would have been wonderful, and not too vocally taxing. 

*I strongly suspect a SYCO rat much like earlier rats who sabotaged the Prince in the Finals by reneging on agreed-upon and planned staging/presentation.  The Prince was much too gracious when Simon lamented the music choice was too "predictable/obvious".  It is inconceivable to me that had "word" come down that Simon wanted flamboyance and outrageousness pushing the parameters of OTA TV  the Prince would have failed to deliver precisely that.  Epically.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

He was not dependant upon "Ameriker" to get through.

But actually, he was, due to this mysterious "50 states" voting crap.  For that reason, I think he knew that he probably wouldn't win, which is why I wish he'd said "fuck it" and gone full blown Prince Poppycock.  

I have to also add that he looked kind of "off" like perhaps he wasn't in best health, so that might have had something to do with performance as well.

Mr SD and I want to join the chorus on so many things! Do not like...

The format - 2 a night? (really one due to GB)... wish there was a rule no singers could get the GB

The Superfans? How did they get picked? And don’t care for their choices... really disappointed for Darci Lynne.

Simon was rude to buzz that comic. #ThatCuredMyTourettes 🤣

Please tell me there will be wildcards