Type keyword(s) to search

Parks & Recreation - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Hey, we can't all look young forever, and at least he hasn't gone the traditional Hollywood route of ruining his face with surgery.

Adam Scott looked pretty rough and scruffy, but I didn't think he looked old.  I hate to say it, but the one who looked to me like they had put on some age is Amy.

Rashida Jones looked great, I thought.  Everytime I see her, I think of something Leslie said to her once:  "Oh, Ann, no one can resist your mixed-ethnic charm".

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

That was just lovely. And a whole big jar of Awesomesauce!

I agree it was the TV equivalent of a warm hug, which we could all use right now.

Rob Lowe really was on from word go.

I hate to say it, but the one who looked to me like they had put on some age is Amy.

I thought some of that might be that she had to do her own makeup? Plus Leslie was suppose to be stressed and exhausted. I don't think she looked bad, though.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Perfect from start to finish.

I appreciate they barely bothered with a threadbare explanation of why people who should have been together weren't. It actually was dismissive enough to be funny. 

2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Rashida Jones looked great, I thought.  Everytime I see her, I think of something Leslie said to her once:  "Oh, Ann, no one can resist your mixed-ethnic charm".

I also loved that Leslie's stalker level obsession with her was still front and center. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

I thought some of that might be that she had to do her own makeup? Plus Leslie was suppose to be stressed and exhausted. I don't think she looked bad, though.

Amy is not very vain. I can't see her bothered much by this. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

I didn’t think Paul Rudd could be any cuter 

According to the above linked podcast, his part was a last minute addition and just happened to have a Knope 2012 sweatshirt with him wherever he is, and just put it on unprompted. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

That was sheer perfection. It was everything I didn't know I needed. It was (as said above) a big warm hug. It was a visit with old friends. It was beautiful. Each time a new character showed up I shouted their name. I read an article that said it felt like a party where people showed up you weren't expecting and you were so happy to see them and to catch up with them. That is what this was. A surprise visit with people you haven't seen in ages but who haven't changed a bit. 

I just love that a group of folks who haven't worked together in years, who have all moved on to other things, came together and in a few days put together something so wonderful and so beneficial that the world is a slightly better place because of it. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

According to the above linked podcast, his part was a last minute addition and just happened to have a Knope 2012 sweatshirt with him wherever he is, and just put it on unprompted. 

That is amazing to think, who has a Knope 2012 sweatshirt laying around?

I still have my "I met L'il Sebastian" t-shirt though.

2 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

My cats thought I was nuts for waving my cell phone around during “5000 Candles in the Wind.”

I was surprised by how effective that was.  I love that the usually gruff Ron Swanson has a weak spot for L'il Sebastian.

The clip show was great too, and I usually hate clip shows.  I didn't know how much I missed this show, I'm glad they reminded me.

• Love 2

I thought Adam Scott was purposely trying to look maniacal to be in character since he was going nuts home schooling the triplets. But I was distracted because with the hair and the crazy eyes he looked far more like Trevor the demon from The Good Place than Ben the nice guy.

• Love 5

That was a lot of fun and really took me back to watch the show with my now 9 year old when she was a baby (usually with her sleeping on me) and I used to have a job that gave me Fridays off.

The only thing that was an unintentional laugh for me was when the Paley Center show called it a hit series. Weren't something like the majority of the seven season finales written to work as series finales because they never knew if they were getting renewed.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/1/2020 at 3:22 AM, AD35 said:

Even Tammy Two got a smile from me. 

Tammy 2 was great. Megan Mullally is great at physical comedy. I always loved her in Will and Grace, but imo that part of her talent was always a bit underused there. At least in the revival, don't quite remember how it was in the original run.

Not giving her any lines and just having her eyes and tied up hands do the talking was brilliant.

On 5/1/2020 at 4:28 AM, thuganomics85 said:

But, damn!  That quarantine beard makes 50 year-old Paul Rudd look like he's in his late 30s instead of early 30s!  Oh, no!

Just looked it up and he's 51?! Hot Dayüömn! I hope I look half as good when I'm his age.

On 5/1/2020 at 5:30 AM, Dots And Stripes said:

I tried to keep expectations low because reunion series generally suck and this was thrown together under strange circumstances. This totally exceeded my expectations! I loved seeing all of our old friends from Pawnee. Bobby Newport was the perfect start and Dennis Feinstein had my fav commercial bit. I thought it was all very silly and fun. I thought Amy did an amazing job carrying the whole thing too. It felt like Leslie never left.

I think in a weird way the strange circumstances helped, a lot. It wasn't that awkward characters coming back together after a long time thing, where you just notice that the warmth isn't quite there anymore. Instead these characters are doing their own thing, but still keep in touch. That was sweet. I loved it.

I think that was the perfect bit of extra-closure from this show, that I never knew I needed but am extremely glad I got.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:01 AM, Mabinogia said:

I just love that a group of folks who haven't worked together in years, who have all moved on to other things, came together and in a few days put together something so wonderful and so beneficial that the world is a slightly better place because of it. 

Apparently they still have a few group texts going and see each other quite often. It really must have been great working on that show. That's always nice to see when the cast of a show you love actually likes each other and doesn't secretely hate each others guts.

Edited by Prower
  • Love 4

I loved that.  I really needed it.  I expected we'd get the core cast, which would've been delightful enough, and wouldn't've dreamed of so many recurring characters too.  Just about everything else I can think to say has already been said poetically above...

except that I forgot Ron and Tammy are married in real life, and I was just so very impressed that they managed to get Megan in there.  I've seen cute tricks done by applying a video background to Zoom, but couldn't imagine how they made it look so seamless!  I mean, it really looked like she was there in the workshop.  Golly, I could not believe it!

Thank goodness I have a few things going for me besides my wits. 😉

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I realized I still had this on my DVR so I went back and rewatched, knowing I wouldn't be as annoyed the second time by all the Jerry/Gary hatred that takes away a lot of the show's appeal for me. (my favorite part was probably the Perd Hapley material - the main time I laughed out loud - although I was also happy to see Ann again, and thought the stuff with Tammy 2 and Ron was classic [I was happy to see Mo Collins but Joan has never done a lot for me as a character]). It was also interesting to go between thinking some actors couldn't quite get back into the characters and thinking some had probably just naturally changed over time.

Anyway, I felt happier about the Gary/Jerry stuff after remembering the video Jim O'Heir had done in March, as Gary/Jerry.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Binging with Babish did Big Head Joe's Meat Tornado burrito (skip ahead to 2:18 to see the actual recipe):

The Paunch Burger dinner for breakfast combo (bonus: Chris Traeger's salad dressing):

JJ's Diner's four horsemeals of the eggporkalypse:

Ben's calzone:

Turf & turf:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 9/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, biakbiak said:

Or download Peacock which is its new home. I believe it’s available on their free tier.

Which is apparently now an option for Roku users! Woohoo! 😄 I'm pretty stoked. I'll start P&R over from the beginning.

5 hours ago, Kip Hackman said:

Been a while since I watched a P&R episode, but the other night I was channel surfing and found "Hunting Trip" in IFC.  Next thing I knew, "Galentine's Day" was on, and 3 hours had passed.

Season 2 is so good. Even with Mark Brendanaquits.

I saw the one from the last season where Ron & Leslie have been fighting and they get locked in the office together forced to make up.  The janitor from "Li'l Sebastian" with his walkman playing "Feel Like A Woman" walks thru the adjoining office.  I was dying. 

Oh and the one where Jamm is dating Tammy 2. 

• LOL 3