Type keyword(s) to search

Kids Baking Championship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, KBrownie said:

I was okay with Elsie being safe because her issue wasn’t taste or technical mistakes.

I agree that her baked items seemed to taste better, and be better baked than the other two girls'.  However, if she didn't complete the challenge as instructed, then I feel she should have been the one sent home.  When they announced that Madison was going home, I said, "If I were Madison's parents, I'd be mad.  She just lost out to someone who didn't meet the challenge instructions."  I do think Elsie is a more likeable character, so I'm not sorry that she's going to be around for at least another week.  

The "cat girl" can be gone any time now.  For some reason, she annoys me!  But I will admit she seems to be a pretty good baker, and is very creative.

• Like 4
(edited)
22 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I would not miss Lila's big bow.

Me, either. It makes her look like a toddler. She's annoyed me since the beginning, so I would have been happy with her going.

It was really annoying me that Duff was going on and on and on and on about there being nothing in the middle of the handpie as he was waving it around with clear evidence of (admittedly very little) jam inside.

Edited by carrps
accidental dupe
  • Like 7
On 1/15/2024 at 9:30 PM, Grizzly said:

I turned off the second hour as soon as they showed what's his name in the preview.

(Mods and readers: apologies if this post doesn't belong here. 🥴)

I stream this show on Max. I've deduced that there have been a couple of extra  hours revisiting past contestants. These hours are neither on Max or On Demand (that I can find). Any suggestions for where to find them? 

18 minutes ago, opus said:

Per her Instagram video, Valerie is not being asked back for the next season of KBC. I’m not sure about Duff.

That's sad. I really like her in this role.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not surprised after FN didn't renew her dump and stir show. Duff, however, judges multiple shows. He's not going anywhere. 

They'll probably bring in new darling Kardea for future KBC seasons.

I don't mind Kardea so I could live with that. Anyone other than Ree Drummond.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I am not enjoying the 2nd hour at all. Nearly dropped to the.floor when Duff told Ben that Valerie adored him. That kid was a brat.

I love Elsie but maybe 9 is too young for.this show???

I agree with those who said this group of kids is not as.good as past ones.

I like Valerie and think she is so kind to the.kids, especially when Elsie.wanted to quit. But I have the feeling her bad press in the last 2 or 3 years has done some.damage to her reputation.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, andidante said:

Maybe they were afraid she was too unstable and it would leak into this show too? 

Right? She might be great with the kids, but she regularly lashes out at people who dare to not tell her she’s the best thing in the world. Maybe they didn’t want that in a kids host. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Right? She might be great with the kids, but she regularly lashes out at people who dare to not tell her she’s the best thing in the world. Maybe they didn’t want that in a kids host. 

Agreed. Her SM is toxic. She's her own worst enemy.

• Like 6

@MsMalin I join you in not enjoying the second hour at all.  As a "one of" look back, it is OK, but not every week IMO.  In fact once I realized this was going to be ongoing, I switch channels after the first hour.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to see Val go.  I liked her on KBC, didn't care for the other hosts they tried.  (For some reason whenever I try to add a reaction, no matter what I cursor on it registers as like.  I meant for the reaction to be sad to the post with the Val news.)  I can't think of anyone on Food Network who might be as good as Val.

In this season, I like Levi.  He was so sweet and understanding when Elsie had her meltdown.  The spritz cookies looked really good.

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
(edited)

They should try Carla Hall. I think she's lovely.

I'm out of it. Why is Valerie unstable? What's the down low on that?

Edited by Nidratime
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Val is terrible on Instagram. She bashes her followers pretty viciously if she has the slightest disagreement with something said. You basically have to fawn over her to not get blocked. She rants. A lot. Just a mess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Val is terrible on Instagram. She bashes her followers pretty viciously if she has the slightest disagreement with something said. You basically have to fawn over her to not get blocked. She rants. A lot. Just a mess.

Sad, she is good with the kids. I don't follow her on anything so didn't know of that behavior. I don't see any of it bleed in to KBC though. Maybe the network is afraid it will at some point.

ETA:  I do like the idea of Carla though!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 3
18 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She did block me and I didn't even say anything! I think I liked another person's comment who didn't fawn over her, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, Nidratime said:

They should try Carla Hall. I think she's lovely.

I'm out of it. Why is Valerie unstable? What's the down low on that?

Carla always strikes me as one big kid herself, so I bet she would be fun. But I wonder if she’s got a contract with another network, you don’t see her on FN all that much if ever.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Carla always strikes me as one big kid herself, so I bet she would be fun. But I wonder if she’s got a contract with another network, you don’t see her on FN all that much if ever.

She judged Halloween Baking last fall. She appears on Beat Bobby Flay. She also currently sells kitchen gadgets on QVC. But I bet she would do Kids Baking if asked.

• Like 6

I was mentally sifting through people who might replace Valerie well and I have an idea that may be really out there but.......................... Jet Tila's wife Ali.  She's a baker, she's cute and nice, upbeat and she's a mom.  Also she's done TV before.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, mlp said:

I was mentally sifting through people who might replace Valerie well and I have an idea that may be really out there but.......................... Jet Tila's wife Ali.  She's a baker, she's cute and nice, upbeat and she's a mom.  Also she's done TV before.

And her name is a palindrome!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Elsie is very animated but she's getting on my nerves -- enough of the precocious kid act. Although I do have to say that she has some amazing ability, especially for a 9 year-old

• Like 4

Yeah, same for me. And they focus on her about half the show. Give some of the other kids a chance to shine. They're pretty impressive, too. It's almost like she's feeding on it and getting more and more dramaaaatic.

Kaelie (sp?) has grown on me, and I'm liking her a lot more lately. I'm sad after two kids I liked (Camryn and Anaiah) were eliminated in the last two weeks.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rammchick said:

Elsie is very animated but she's getting on my nerves -- enough of the precocious kid act.

I'm not sure it's an act.  She seems naturally outgoing and confident and I imagine she's her parents' little darling but she doesn't seem to be a brat.  I do think they could focus on her less and give some of the other kids more attention but I like her.

I felt sorry for Anaiah.  Nothing was working for her and her salad and her spaghetti were a mess.  Elsie had one good imposter and one bad vs. Anaiah's two bad ones.  They had to let her go.  She seemed like a nice kid.

• Like 6

I think Elsie is an act and I find her difficult to watch.  She is a good enough baker I think, and does not need to give a performance every time they speak to her.  Anaiah was my favorite.  

• Like 5

Levi is my favorite. But one thing I really like about this season is that none of the kids seem bratty. Cat girl worked my nerves, but none seem particularly sassy or entitled. Unlike some year

• Like 8

Watching Anaiah fall apart was so painful!  She was such a sweetheart but nothing went well for her (and I think cole slaw and salad were both extremely difficult!).  I was glad Oscar got his win.

I suspect Elsie - who is younger than the rest of the competitors - is trying to show out a little bit.  The other competitors seem to like her though so she must not be bratty.

• Like 6

For some dumb reason I had it in my mind that last week's show was the finale so I didn't watch this one. Don't know what show I was confusing it with! I'll watch the rerun before next week's show. Glad to find it isn't over yet!!

There are a couple degrees of difficulty between "meatloaf and mashed potatoes" and spaghetti, meatballs (and sauce) and green salad" as assigned meals. I'm not surprised Anaiah was overwhelmed--I would have been too!  How sweet to see the other kids helping her out.

When the season started, I had a negative opinion of Oscar. I think he reminded me of a former unpleasant student. But he has completely won me over and I'm rooting for him to take the title. Actually all the kids are likeable and talented; I'll be okay with any of them winning. 

• Like 6
15 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Tasi's grilled cheese looked phenomenal!! I would have gladly eaten it.

Her "grilled cheese" made me want an ACUTAL grilled cheese!  She did a phenomenal job.  

• Like 8

I love Oscar, he is so sensitive. It really affects him when someone leaves. And he puts that thoughtfulness into his baking. I'm also rooting for Levi, he seems like a good kid. Lilla could be a contender. I like Tasi, but she doesn't act like one of the oldest there. Not sure if that unconventional education is doing her any favors. She is the weakest baker.

• Like 6
(edited)

Has anyone else noticed that 3 or 4 of the girls are wearing the same eyelet ruffled sleeve top, just in different colors? I’ve seen it on Camryn, Elsie, Big Bow Girl, and Anaiah, I believe.

I believe the 3 older children will be in the finale. I like them all.

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Like 2

Lila makes me nuts with her slicked back hair and huge bow!! Seriously? Do u wear that daily??? I think not...and if so...rethink that shit!! And yes..sorry I Said that! Lol!!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

Lila makes me nuts with her slicked back hair and huge bow!! Seriously? Do u wear that daily??? I think not...and if so...rethink that shit!! And yes..sorry I Said that! Lol!!

I noticed in the video clips of her from home, she didn't have her hair pulled up in a bow.  I'm assuming it's the "persona" that either her parents or the producers are trying to portray.  I agree, it looks ridiculous!!

• Like 2

I've warmed to Leila, but I agree. I also hate her breathy interview voice. She doesn't talk like that when she's talking to the other kids or Duff or Val.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Nidratime said:

I think Carla Hall or Jet's wife would be great to add to the show.

Also Damaris Phillips or Aarti Sequeira might not be bad.

If they opt for Damaris I won't be watching.  She rubs me the wrong way anytime I see her.  I get real tired of her act real fast.

• Like 3
(edited)

I like both Aarti and Damaris but I think Aarti is overexposed right now on Food Network (plus when was the last time she actually cooked anything on air - but of course Food Network is really no longer about cooking, is it?).  

Maybe Lila's breathiness is a result of nerves?  

Edited by RoxiP
  • Like 1

Does anyone know when the season 12 finale airs? My TV menu shows the Spring Baking Championship airing next Monday, March 4th, at 8PM, which should be the time slot for KBC finale.

Thanks!

Just now, RitaT said:

Does anyone know when the season 12 finale airs? My TV menu shows the Spring Baking Championship airing next Monday, March 4th, at 8PM, which should be the time slot for KBC finale.

Thanks!

Two hours tonight. I assume the first hour narrows it down to the final 3, with the second hour being the finale.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2