Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I love that Ramona literally doesn't think shouting "thank God!" after the psychic said Dorinda wasn't going to marry John, was saying something mean about John. That said bringing up Mario was also incredibly bitchy.

I don't understand how Ramona has lived so long without picking up basic social cues and just barreled into the room middle of the reading was like a three year old who got a new toy.

Dorinda goes in for the kill when she feels slighted, especially when it comes to John or anyone questioning her drunken behavior. For someone that professes to have known and been close friends with Ramona for 20+ years, she should know that Ramona speaks before she thinks all the time and that no one is spared, no one.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Dorinda goes in for the kill when she feels slighted, especially when it comes to John or anyone questioning her drunken behavior. For someone that professes to have known and been close friends with Ramona for 20+ years, she should know that Ramona speaks before she thinks all the time and that no one is spared, no one.

By the time one is 60 years old, it is time to realize words have meaning.  All I can say is Ramona has been repeatedly warned about speaking ill of John.  For many seasons I kind of gave Ramona a pass but after last year and her pointing the finger at LuAnn over the guys in the house and leaving LuAnn out to dry, it was time Ramona got checked.  I don't really fully believe the story Ramona told at the bra party, I think she just likes to hear her own voice.  If she did not pick up on Dorinda's angst over Bethenny telling her not to try and sell John and thought the thing to do was to pile on then she is an idiot.  I don't think Ramona should be the one to be counting another's drinks.  After falling asleep last year at the Reunion I thought it was time for Ramona to go.  Instead she has decided to jut throw her closest friends to the wolves.  After offending Sonja and LuAnn, I think Jules is next. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

By the time one is 60 years old, it is time to realize words have meaning.  All I can say is Ramona has been repeatedly warned about speaking ill of John.  For many seasons I kind of gave Ramona a pass but after last year and her pointing the finger at LuAnn over the guys in the house and leaving LuAnn out to dry, it was time Ramona got checked.  I don't really fully believe the story Ramona told at the bra party, I think she just likes to hear her own voice.  If she did not pick up on Dorinda's angst over Bethenny telling her not to try and sell John and thought the thing to do was to pile on then she is an idiot.  I don't think Ramona should be the one to be counting another's drinks.  After falling asleep last year at the Reunion I thought it was time for Ramona to go.  Instead she has decided to jut throw her closest friends to the wolves.  After offending Sonja and LuAnn, I think Jules is next. 

Yes, Ramona needs to think before she speaks but that is never going to happen. My comment is based on Dorinda's claim of knowing Ramona that long and being that close to her (even though neither had been to the others city homes or vacation homes in all those years LOL), she should/would know that Ramona is a loose cannon. Heck, even the other HWs that have only know her through the show/filming understand that Ramona is like this and keep that in mind when she pops off with these nasty comments. Much like Bethenny, no one is spared from Ramona's Singer Stinger, no matter who you are, how long you have known her or how "close" to her you are.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Ramona needs to think before she speaks but that is never going to happen. My comment is based on Dorinda's claim of knowing Ramona that long and being that close to her (even though neither had been to the others city homes or vacation homes in all those years LOL), she should/would know that Ramona is a loose cannon. Heck, even the other HWs that have only know her through the show/filming understand that Ramona is like this and keep that in mind when she pops off with these nasty comments. Much like Bethenny, no one is spared from Ramona's Singer Stinger, no matter who you are, how long you have known her or how "close" to her you are.

I think your premise falls apart right at "Ramona needs to think"......

Edited by bosawks
For some reason I'm anti S today.
  • Love 14
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don't understand how Ramona has lived so long without picking up basic social cues and just barreled into the room middle of the reading was like a three year old who got a new toy.

I don't understand how she doesn't get slapped or punched every single day by somebody she's rudely and loudly offended.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Ramona had been warned, scorned and even apologized for her behavior regarding her comments about John and John and Dorinda's relationship.  There was zero uncertainty as to Dorinda not wanting to entertain any negative comments about John.  Ramona is just on this perpetual probation with all these passes because that is the way she is.  It is like Yolanda claiming Brandi insensitivity is okay because that is just the way she is.  It is not. Ramona and Bethenny may think it is okay to put others on blast but they have no business get all butt hurt when the truth cannon is turned back on them.  

I think Ramona's luncheon for fifty friends is indicative of how shallow she is.  Did they all have to bring gifts?  Obviously the lunch was comped because we just could not get enough pictures of the sign.  Scoring freebies only goes so far at some point you need to learn to be a good friend.

• Love 9

I think Dorinda is just giving Ramona a taste of her own medicine.  She probably accepted Ramona for who she was in private.  But once Ramona puts that shit on blast for everyone in the whole world to hear? And John's business is also implicated? Then Dorinda strikes back.  Good for Dorinda. Ramona has given us a lot of drop jaw moments. It's about time someone did the same to her.  And Dorinda is doing it in the moment, unlike the planned sabotage of Jill and Luann in Morocco with the fortune teller.  Dorinda's vindictive.  Got it. Check.  Now Ramona knows.  And I wonder if she'll ever go after Dorinda again so thoughtlessly or can Ramona watch her tongue?  We'll see if she really is so impulsive.  I think Ramona's initial brutal bridge talk with Bethenny was just that - impulsive.  But the talks this year with Sonja and Dorinda were planned - she knew they were mean-spirited, and she did them anyway for airtime.

• Love 7

Once again, Dorinda is done with John and then the next day right back with him.  Is this dude going to be on every single episode now?  Enough already.

Are the just airing complete episodes right now?  WTH?

• Love 2
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Once again, Dorinda is done with John and then the next day right back with him.  Is this dude going to be on every single episode now?  Enough already.

Are the just airing complete episodes right now?  WTH?

Andy teased on WWHL that Bravo has a big surprise for us Saturday night. The surprise is new episodes of Southern Charm, RHOBH, RHONY, RHOD and Million Dollar Listing.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 4

I'm so confused.  I guess I just saved a lot of time for the upcoming week because I guess I just watched this week's episodes of Southern Charm, RHONY and RHOBH, but, it wasn't exactly clear what they aired tonight.  Dorinda is always getting up and leaving. Do she and John ever get thru a meal?

• Love 4

I was surprised that Sonja agreed to the Tipsy Girl name. According to this article Bethenny registered the name Tipsygirl seven months after Sonja and her business partner registered the name Tipsy Girl.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, druzy said:

I was surprised that Sonja agreed to the Tipsy Girl name. According to this article Bethenny registered the name Tipsygirl seven months after Sonja and her business partner registered the name Tipsy Girl.

Bethenny knows full well that Sonja is just the face of "Tipsy Girl", her "partners" did all the work including naming it. The woman thinks she now owns anything with "Y and girl" in the name. LOL

• Love 6

I would love it if Sonja borrowed Bethenny's line and, "see I am Tipsy and you are Skinny."  I can see where Bethenny is upset but Sonja will never see her success-let her have it or have Jim Beam buy it out.

• Love 5
(edited)

Crazy Eyes got her just desserts, and I'm so glad Dorinda reminded her about Mario. Illiterate, unrefined, white trash Moaner is a dastardly hog, who has no soul, has never had an original  thought, and gloms on to others because she is an opportunistic leech. She lumbers around like a drunken, loud-mouthed hag, is rotten to the core, and looks like a desperate and pathetic cadaver with bolt-ons. It must be terrible to be a sixty/seventy year old pig with zero sensibilities, beliefs, and convictions. To see this filthy drunk hag standing in judgment of ANYONE is rich.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 9

Wait, Ramona and the picture with her dad, she said she sat on his lap but the photo shows her sitting on the arm of the chair.

Dorinda is a better person than I am because no way would I give Moana any sympathy and would have slapped the shit out of her

for that "thank God" remark.  

• Love 2

What planet is Jules from?  I think the Jewish/Asian thing is a front to distract us from the fact she's an alien dropped from another galaxy, and recently at that.   How in the name of Steve Jobs did she not know what an iPod was?!?!  I could see her not needing one now that phones can hold a ton of music, but never hearing of it?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Crazy Eyes got her just desserts, and I'm so glad Dorinda reminded her about Mario. Illiterate, unrefined, white trash Moaner is a dastardly hog, who has no soul, has never had an original  thought, and gloms on to others because she is an opportunistic leech. She lumbers around like a drunken, loud-mouthed hag, is rotten to the core, and looks like a desperate and pathetic cadaver with bolt-ons. It must be terrible to be a sixty/seventy year old pig with zero sensibilities, beliefs, and convictions. To see this filthy drunk hag standing in judgment of ANYONE is rich.

I am super intuitive and I feel like maybe you don't like Ramona. 

• Love 15
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 11:20 PM, WireWrap said:

Bethenny knows full well that Sonja is just the face of "Tipsy Girl", her "partners" did all the work including naming it. The woman thinks she now owns anything with "Y and girl" in the name. LOL

Well, B can get a life with trying to trademark a name she hasn't been using AFTER someone else has already filed.  Interestingly, she probably sold the rights to SK*******l as a name for alcohol to Jim Beam, if so she herself can't even object to Sonja's trademark. That may explain the filing of a new trademark v. an objection to Sonja's trademark.   And considering the names highlight different things -- "thin" v. "drunk", even though they have "girl" on them, who's to say they are close enough for there to be confusion?

Oh Lord, Peter Guimaraes is listed as the applicant/owner of the Tipsy Girl trademark.  His linked in page says he was planning to open a restaurant Tipsy Girl, in 2015.   Hmmm.....here we'll remember him as Ramona's partner in the restaurant (though his Linked In page says he was involved in that for only 6 months, ending in 2015), her former boyfriend, and former boyfriend of Mario's girlfriend.

And we thought LuAnn's new guy had been passed around.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

I am super intuitive and I feel like maybe you don't like Ramona. 

Ha! I literally laughed out loud at this.

For me, it is not about the legality of what Sonja did - it's just plain tacky. I'm sorry, but Sonja is not some random competitor who came up with her own similar but different idea - she's not even a random competitor actively aping a more successful brand for her own benefit - she is on the same show with Bethenny - they are coworkers and ostensibly "friends." She knows very well the success Bethenny had with Skinny Girl. For a fellow housewife, from the very same cast, to come out with a competing alcohol line with a similar name is just really bad form. And let's not forget that last season, Sonja was the one to go on at length how Bethenny was the only cast member who seemed to genuinely support her in her business endeavors and offered the most constructive opportunities for her. Some way to show her gratitude. Not that I am surprised, Sonja has had a very nasty, entitled streak from way back in the days where Heather tried to help her with her non-existent toaster line. This would be like if Jacqueline Laurita suddenly announced a new brand of Marvellini wine on RHoNJ. Just really tacky. I hope Bethenny gives her the business.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Ha! I literally laughed out loud at this.

For me, it is not about the legality of what Sonja did - it's just plain tacky. I'm sorry, but Sonja is not some random competitor who came up with her own similar but different idea - she's not even a random competitor actively aping a more successful brand for her own benefit - she is on the same show with Bethenny - they are coworkers and ostensibly "friends." She knows very well the success Bethenny had with Skinny Girl. For a fellow housewife, from the very same cast, to come out with a competing alcohol line with a similar name is just really bad form. And let's not forget that last season, Sonja was the one to go on at length how Bethenny was the only cast member who seemed to genuinely support her in her business endeavors and offered the most constructive opportunities for her. Some way to show her gratitude. Not that I am surprised, Sonja has had a very nasty, entitled streak from way back in the days where Heather tried to help her with her non-existent toaster line. This would be like if Jacqueline Laurita suddenly announced a new brand of Marvellini wine on RHoNJ. Just really tacky. I hope Bethenny gives her the business.

Ramona didn't get in Bethenny's face when Bethenny decided to add wine to her list of alcohol products last season, so maybe Ramona needs to rip Bethenny a big one for encroaching on her line. LOL

• Love 5
(edited)

Bethenny didn't label it Bethamona Pinot Grigio.

Not to mention, Bethenny already had an existing, very successful line of alcohol. Sonja has never had anything remotely resembling an alcohol endeavor - it was an odd mishmash of toasters that never happened, unsuccessful fashion lines and imaginary fragrances. Apples and oranges, IMO.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 6

Jill had Shapewear, Bethenny launched, numerous RH have had and continue to have cosmetics, skin care line, jewelry is a common theme, purses, Bethenny launched a cosmetic line and it is no longer. There are 8,000 wineries in the US-I am quite certain Sonja won't be delving into Bethenny's market share.  So is Bethenny's buzz word Skinny or Girl?  If she said nothing and did nothing, it would just be another Sonja ship in the night that passes without much of a flair.   This is one time the usually astute Bethenny did not think things through.

• Love 5

I still maintain that Bethenny has the most brand recognition of any housewife in any city. Skinny Girl has become famous as the most successful entrepreneurial breakout to come out of the entire series. So, to me, these comparisons aren't exactly similar. Most other housewives throw things against the wall, see what sticks and either fail completely or make a nice little chunk of change with a niche customer base. Bethenny, on the other hand, earned a literal fortune with a product that got major recognition and ended up in shelves nationwide (worldwide?). So, yes, to draw the comparison out, if Jill Zarin had become a multi-millionaire with her Shapewear, and if that Shapewear had launched an entire brand, if it had become as famous as Bethenny/Skinnygirl became, then yes, I would think it tacky for Bethenny to then do her own shapewear line - especially if Bethenny had previously not had one real successful undertaking of her own (and had instead had a bunch of non-starter ideas). I think context is everything here - Sonja has not proven herself a successful business woman in her own right at all, she grasps at whatever weird idea comes into her head next - so, to me, it is much, much different when someone like her apologetically apes the calling card of her castmate's huge success than when someone like Bethenny expands her majorly successful line to include products that may overlap with other housewife products.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I still maintain that Bethenny has the most brand recognition of any housewife in any city. Skinny Girl has become famous as the most successful entrepreneurial breakout to come out of the entire series. So, to me, these comparisons aren't exactly similar. Most other housewives throw things against the wall, see what sticks and either fail completely or make a nice little chunk of change with a niche customer base. Bethenny, on the other hand, earned a literal fortune with a product that got major recognition and ended up in shelves nationwide (worldwide?). So, yes, to draw the comparison out, if Jill Zarin had become a multi-millionaire with her Shapewear, and if that Shapewear had launched an entire brand, if it had become as famous as Bethenny/Skinnygirl became, then yes, I would think it tacky for Bethenny to then do her own shapewear line - especially if Bethenny had previously not had one real successful undertaking of her own (and had instead had a bunch of non-starter ideas). I think context is everything here - Sonja has not proven herself a successful business woman in her own right at all, she grasps at whatever weird idea comes into her head next - so, to me, it is much, much different when someone like her apologetically apes the calling card of her castmate's huge success than when someone like Bethenny expands her majorly successful line to include products that may overlap with other housewife products.

But, again, this isn't a Sonja project. This was something someone else thought up, did all the work on, including naming it and Sonja is pretty much just the face of it. Bethenny does not have a say in what any other HW does or tries to market unless they use her "SKG" name. As for throwing things at the wall and hopping they stick, that is exactly what Bethenny is now doing herself. Her big hit was her booze line, something she sold to JB, the rest is whatever with whoever she can partner with in hopes that it sells, with most ending up in the deep discount stores/shelves as closeout sales.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Is it that Sonja is in the alcohol business or that she has the word girl in her name?  I really think Bethenny will have a hard time own "gorl" jut like when she struck out when Teresa Giudice came out with her "Skinny Italian".  Obviously the guy who came up with Skinny Cow, thought Bethenny had a cheater brand with her Skinny Girl.  Just because someone thinks it doesn't make it recognizable under the law. 

I know Ramona is mad because she has a wine business and obviously she thinks Sonja is stepping on her toes.  There is plenty out there in the marketplace to make all these women happy.  Vicki and Tama did wine and vodka, (both shut down), Brandi ha wine, LVP has wine and vodka.  Maybe Bethenny is worried she can no longer compete with these women in the liquor department.  By that I mean, she compete-Jim Beam makes the decisions, comes up with the product and runs the advertising campaigns. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Is it that Sonja is in the alcohol business or that she has the word girl in her name?  I really think Bethenny will have a hard time own "gorl" jut like when she struck out when Teresa Giudice came out with her "Skinny Italian".  Obviously the guy who came up with Skinny Cow, thought Bethenny had a cheater brand with her Skinny Girl.  Just because someone thinks it doesn't make it recognizable under the law. 

For me, it's the combination of the two - plus, the fact that they are on the same cast - plus, the fact that they are ostensibly friends - plus, the fact Bethenny really went out of her way to support Sonja in her business ventures last year. Again, I am not contesting the legality of any of it. Sonja is free to do what she wants. It's just tacky. I would be pissed if I were Bethenny.

• Love 9

The problem with the entire cast is they pretend they are all buddies in the off season and then as the season progresses they really aren't. 

Bethenny helped Sonja, showed her the way she did things and in the end Sonja did it her way.  There really wasn't any success for Sonja, just a couple of seeks of saying she finally got her shit together.  By the Reunion, any hopes for taming Sonja had pretty well diminished and Bethenny wisely went the way of Carole and got off the cuckoo train. We are hearing now how she felt about LuAnn pursing an off screen friendship.  Surely asking to go to the dinner with Kyle could not have been that big a deal.

Bethenny is still mad about Jules having a bigger house.  There is plenty for Bethenny to be mad about.  I think it makes her appear to be a better person if she just lets it go.  What is true, even if Sonja pulled the plug, Bethenny has zero desire to be friends with Sonja.  Sonja is just a punchline for her.

• Love 5
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 4:18 PM, WireWrap said:

Ramona didn't get in Bethenny's face when Bethenny decided to add wine to her list of alcohol products last season, so maybe Ramona needs to rip Bethenny a big one for encroaching on her line. LOL

Since B doesn't own the alcohol line, she didn't make the decision to add wine to the line-up. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Well said.  Exactly!

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Since B doesn't own the alcohol line, she didn't make the decision to add wine to the line-up. 

So why is she, Bethenny, upset that Sonja is the face of "Tipsy Girl" booze? LOL

• Love 3

Here is further information on Sonja's Tipsy Girl vs. Bethenny's Tipsygirl trademark case.  http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2016/01/07/tipsygirl-vs-skinnygirl-bethenny-frankel-professional-victim/

Not to be a jackass but Bethenny "protecting her brand" by registering ( I am thinking it did not  through) Tipsygirl, seems kind of lame.  So the claim is anyword combined with girl is infringing on her brand? 

I think Bethenny was smart when she essentially questioned any success promised by Sonja.   Say nothing that promotes Sonja brand-not even for a storyline. 

Bethenny has been franl about the fact she did RHNYC to build a platform promote her brand.  She has never been shy about claiming this and denying friendships from the show.  It was about her brand and getting out there and she was a giant success.  So any conversation about friends betraying friends is a misdirection, it is purely business.  The downside is Bethenny is her brand and too many missteps over impotent competitors and she has shot herself in the foot. 

• Love 3

Bethenny is protecting  her brand due to brand recognition with the show.  The names are close enough that someone could think it is an off shoot of skinnygirl (maybe with more alcohol).   

If skinnygirl shape wear had been called skinnygirl scrumptious stomach, Heather  would have done the same thing.  Name isn't even close but at the same time it's about brand familiarity.   

Squeeze Couture by Jill Zarin is $3 right now at my local Marshalls.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is further information on Sonja's Tipsy Girl vs. Bethenny's Tipsygirl trademark case.  http://www.realitytvscandals.com/2016/01/07/tipsygirl-vs-skinnygirl-bethenny-frankel-professional-victim/

Not to be a jackass but Bethenny "protecting her brand" by registering ( I am thinking it did not  through) Tipsygirl, seems kind of lame.  So the claim is anyword combined with girl is infringing on her brand? 

I think Bethenny was smart when she essentially questioned any success promised by Sonja.   Say nothing that promotes Sonja brand-not even for a storyline. 

Bethenny has been franl about the fact she did RHNYC to build a platform promote her brand.  She has never been shy about claiming this and denying friendships from the show.  It was about her brand and getting out there and she was a giant success.  So any conversation about friends betraying friends is a misdirection, it is purely business.  The downside is Bethenny is her brand and too many missteps over impotent competitors and she has shot herself in the foot. 

That's actually a pretty good article, in terms of the law.  I don't know much about trademarks, but potential for confusion and whether the 2 companies/products are in the same line of business are 2 of the things the court looks at to decide trademark infringement.   If B were really interested in protecting her brand, she would object to The TipsyGirl trademark application.  But again, if she is no longer the owner of the S********l trademark for purposes of alcohol, she may not have a basis to object (not sure if her having a continuing interest in the marketing for $$ would be enough, but in a court fight TipsyGirl could ask for proof that she is harmed, which opens up the specifics on the deal with Jim Beam).  Filing for a trademark she doesn't intend to use is bad form, people often file for every possible use of a name (she did that herself), but that is protecting the brand.

if there were a court fight, it would be interesting to know about actual sales volume of the various products, that is something B probably doesn't want out there.

i'd forgotten about her firing the team before the Jim Beam deal, although that looks a bit more convoluted.  I can't believe Raw Talent never got a written contract, pretty stupid.  Or bright of B, looked at a different way.  It looks like they put her in touch with a talent agency, but then they continued to work - with the talent agency - on various things, including marketing of the original drink.  Which seems odd to me, my impression is they are "the guy" who puts you in touch with the people you need to take the product forward, not that they help you with the product itself.  It may be that they kept butting in on things that they weren't supposed to be involved in, and formally firing them was the only option.  She fired Raw Talent before she created the alcohol company, long before the Jim Beam deal.  But if they were right about the terms (and I couldn't find a complete copy of her answer), it was a pretty great deal for them.  No wonder she settled.

• Love 1

LuAnn looks very broad in her talking heads. Was she that broad last year? I remember being envious of her flat stomach in the scene in the kitchen when Heather and Carole were confronting her about the naked man in the bed. 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

LuAnn looks very broad in her talking heads. Was she that broad last year? I remember being envious of her flat stomach in the scene in the kitchen when Heather and Carole were confronting her about the naked man in the bed. 

Yes! Last season she was wearing the black Yummie Tummie bra and pantie with the open robe and posters were going on about how hot she looked. She looks less toned to me now. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

That's actually a pretty good article, in terms of the law.  I don't know much about trademarks, but potential for confusion and whether the 2 companies/products are in the same line of business are 2 of the things the court looks at to decide trademark infringement.   If B were really interested in protecting her brand, she would object to The TipsyGirl trademark application.  But again, if she is no longer the owner of the S********l trademark for purposes of alcohol, she may not have a basis to object (not sure if her having a continuing interest in the marketing for $$ would be enough, but in a court fight TipsyGirl could ask for proof that she is harmed, which opens up the specifics on the deal with Jim Beam).  Filing for a trademark she doesn't intend to use is bad form, people often file for every possible use of a name (she did that herself), but that is protecting the brand.

if there were a court fight, it would be interesting to know about actual sales volume of the various products, that is something B probably doesn't want out there.

i'd forgotten about her firing the team before the Jim Beam deal, although that looks a bit more convoluted.  I can't believe Raw Talent never got a written contract, pretty stupid.  Or bright of B, looked at a different way.  It looks like they put her in touch with a talent agency, but then they continued to work - with the talent agency - on various things, including marketing of the original drink.  Which seems odd to me, my impression is they are "the guy" who puts you in touch with the people you need to take the product forward, not that they help you with the product itself.  It may be that they kept butting in on things that they weren't supposed to be involved in, and formally firing them was the only option.  She fired Raw Talent before she created the alcohol company, long before the Jim Beam deal.  But if they were right about the terms (and I couldn't find a complete copy of her answer), it was a pretty great deal for them.  No wonder she settled.

I believe what the issue was with Skinnygirl ( I am learning) it is the  word girl tacked on to a word Bethenny objects to.  So Gnarlygirl or Drinkinggirl would be an alleged cause of action. I always thought they were separate words.  So its Skinnygirl not Skinny Girl or SKG as it is often referred.  I would think a long as one separates the first word from the word girl other than the obvious Skinny Girl, Bethenny is probably out of court.  Similar to when Teresa went with Skinny Italian.  Bethenny can't lay claim to all brands with Skinny or Girl in them.

According to the complaint Bethenny's legal counsel continued to use the services of Raw Talent.  What sticks in my mind is Bethenny very bravely declaring she would spend her entire fortune on attorneys fees before she would give Raw Talent a cent.  Obviously her counsel disagreed.  She settled. 

• Love 5
On May 10, 2016 at 5:32 PM, Mrs peel said:

But, iirc, she could profit above and beyond what she initially rec'd. from Jim Beam. And, conversely, her bottom line could also be affected by low sales. There's some kind of performance-based profit/loss built into her end pay-out. And I think that figure could be as much as $20m but is balanced against actual sales so could be much less.

Pffft. Spend her entire fortune suing someone? Bitch has one crazy ego. Surprised she listened to counsel. 

• Love 3

Andy showed a clip of the Sonja/Bethenny discussion.  I believe she told Sonja she wanted nothing to do with her.  What is interesting is Tipsy Girl arises out of the name of a new restaurant. The choice of bringing Sonja on as spokesperson/partner may be more about the restaurant than the drink.

I think it goes back to the talk Bethenny attempted to have with John, she does not take kindly to opportunists, even though she admitted to being an opportunist but did not involve people.  It seems like almost a fine line to distinguish. 

• Love 4

Doesn't take kindly to opportunists??? Bwahaha...

Bitch, please. Look in the mirror. 

I wouldn't know the name of John's business had it not been mentioned here! 

But when I see Bethy I always see red. In more ways than one.

That's one damn fine line she's straddling.

• Love 6

Beth's argument with John was so hypocritical in so many ways in regard to her labeling him an opportunist.  That's exactly what Beth has always been. 

And yep, Beth is always about winning.  And I have no doubt she would spend every cent she has to 'win'.  Look at her divorce.  She could have settled this years ago.  She likes to think of herself as an astute business person but the reality is that she is not.  She's way too emotional and has 'way too much mouth' to be the business person she thinks she's is. 

She made a great deal with Jim Beam.  A hundred million dollar deal?  Nah.  It was much less than that given Jim Beam's finances posted for the year of that deal.  And anything based on future sales didn't happen because Skinnygirl sales went down and IMO continue to go down.  They're not even being mentioned by the company who bought out JB.

Side note:  I happened to be in my local Wine and Spirit Shop today.  I didn't even see Skinnygirl among the products 'around' the register.  Very telling.  Saw a number of wines etc. marketed to women....but no Skinnygirl.  Her other products in the supermarket?  Not so much either.  It's no surprise she's looking for other things, as she said to her employees.  Beth is basically a one shot deal.  She hasn't come up with anything new.  She's just been coming up with products for already saturated fields.  Shapewear?  Protein bars, shakes?  Chips?  Etc....  I wouldn't doubt that her mother did come up with the recipe for the Skinnygirl margarita.

Don't get me wrong.  She did good, very good, with the original Skinnygirl.  I wish I came up with it.  I'd be happy for a lifetime, monetarily.  But that's about it.  The rest of her life is pretty f uped.

Just a little dig here:  There's no comparison between Beth's shapewear line and Heather's Yummy line.  Heather won that hands down.

• Love 4

Yes, she could have settled long ago as long as she gave Jason full custody of her daughter and every single penny she makes until she dies, because Jason wants to be supported for life simply because he was married for 2+ years.  I may not like Bethenny much, but I never could stand that passive aggressive shithead Jason.

• Love 8

I'm having a hard time understanding how a 2 year marriage leads to a 4 year divorce.  Seriously, what judge would award Jason diddly squat for a 2 year marriage?  Why would he get alimony?  Doesn't he have a job?  Do people really get alimony after a 2 year marriage?  Didn't her pre-nup specify any money earned from her businesses was just hers?  How could this be dragging on so long when I would think NY divorce laws would apply and 2 years would be ridiculous for Jason to have ANY expectations except 50/50 custody?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Yes, she could have settled long ago as long as she gave Jason full custody of her daughter and every single penny she makes until she dies, because Jason wants to be supported for life simply because he was married for 2+ years.  I may not like Bethenny much, but I never could stand that passive aggressive shithead Jason.

It was Bethenny that filed/fought for sole custody first, not Jason. Jason only filed for sole after Bethenny did and then he amended it to shared, Bethenny never wanted shared. As for "spousal support", like in any divorce, the spouse that makes/has the most money pays the other support, it doesn't matter if it is the man or the woman, both are treated the same. Why the divorce has dragged on is in part due to the custody battle, which took 2 years and now the divorce is being dealt with (and Jason alledges he helped Bethenny broker her JB deal) so any earnings by both during the marriage needs to be factored in.

• Love 2
(edited)

We watched Bethenny pretend to "need" Jason to get involved because he was completely emasculated by Bethenny making the most money.  She didn't need him to "help" her, she did it quite obviously to sooth his pride.

Also, I don't care what sex someone is, you don't get to be supported forever, AND get the house, just because you married someone for a few short years.  His lawyers were sanctioned for lying to the court as well, which is probably why they finally ruled in her favor over the apartment (now that she's settled into a new one.)

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 7

Sometimes I wonder if this divorce has dragged on for so long partly because Bethy needs to win, at any cost. 

Perhaps Jason is giving her a taste of her own medicine. UO but if that's the case, kadooz to him. I like it.

Even if she thinks she didn't need him SHE married him. SHE involved him. If she just wanted a baby-daddy there's IVF. But she didn't just want a baby-daddy, imho, she wanted a teevee show to use as a launch to celebrity. SHE involved both Jason(s) and Brinn and is now surprised it all went wrong? Bitch, please.

Imho she can be her own worst enemy.

• Love 6