Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

We watched Bethenny pretend to "need" Jason to get involved because he was completely emasculated by Bethenny making the most money.  She didn't need him to "help" her, she did it quite obviously to sooth his pride.

Also, I don't care what sex someone is, you don't get to be supported forever, AND get the house, just because you married someone for a few short years.  His lawyers were sanctioned for lying to the court as well, which is probably why they finally ruled in her favor over the apartment (now that she's settled into a new one.)

Jason didn't file for/ask for spousal support for "forever", I don't know where that idea is coming from. The house was bought during the marriage, it doesn't matter whos money was used, it is still considered a marital asset. As for any info, most of what we know comes directly from Behtenny/her team and nothing from Jason/team, so it is pretty 1 sided. I, myself, think more of Jason for keeping his mouth shut and his team quiet than Bethenny/team trying to get everyone to hate Jason.....who is the father of her only child.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Umbelina said:

We watched Bethenny pretend to "need" Jason to get involved because he was completely emasculated by Bethenny making the most money.  She didn't need him to "help" her, she did it quite obviously to sooth his pride.

Also, I don't care what sex someone is, you don't get to be supported forever, AND get the house, just because you married someone for a few short years.  His lawyers were sanctioned for lying to the court as well, which is probably why they finally ruled in her favor over the apartment (now that she's settled into a new one.)

I watched that and I have to say that I didn't like how Jason kept pushing time with his parents on her as newlyweds. But, what it looked like to me was that she had him quit his job and work for her company not because she wanted to sooth his wounded pride, but because she could have him under her thumb even more if he worked for her. I mean, I didn't particularly care for him that much, but everything was always about her. Even when they bought that apartment as I recall it was yes you can have a man cave, no you can't have a man cave and everything had to be what she wanted. Then she wanted to move to California and have a talk show, I think he didn't want to but they did. It didn't work out, but it's just another example of how self centered she was in that relationship. 

• Love 7

I think the pre-nup wasn't so iron-clad as they thought.  Jason's people hired a forensic accountant at some point, so they are tracking the money.  OR he signed too close to the wedding and the prenup is not valid at all. 

His spousal support is over I think I read that somewhere.  So 2 years married, 2ish years spousal support.  That sounds right.  He will get child support from Bryn until a certain age. That's right.  Women get that - I am thinking of Linda Evangelista and her French Billionaire ex who is married to Salma Hayek. They only dated 4 months. But a child is a child for life.

• Love 9
On 5/14/2016 at 6:18 PM, Umbelina said:

Wait....what?  Bethenny was awarded the apartment that Jason stole?  When did this happen?  Is she gonna keep it?  Sell it?

I thought I heard it on the show, or maybe someone linked it, or maybe I simply got it wrong.  I did read the court judgement ages ago when Jason and his attorneys were sanctioned for lying to the court and manufacturing evidence (and this was specifically about the apartment ownership.)  He's such a prick.  She's not a great prize either, but Jason gave me the heebie jeebies pretty damn fast.

I didn't hear that his $32,000 per month support was over though, that's the amount, right?  Also, why should Bethenny have to pay him child support when they each have their daughter 50% of the time?  Or don't they?

Either way, choosing a side is like having two bad options but every bit of me couldn't stand Jason.  He reminded me a great deal of my second to last fiance, same weakness, same passive aggression. UGh.

• Love 4

Child support is for the child to live in a manner in which she is accustomed no matter which parent she is living with. The wealthier parent pays to accommodate that - at least that was what was being spouted off during the Linda Evangelista Henri Pinault case. I could be wrong.  Linda Evangelista certainly can pay for her own kid too. But if she is used to living one way with one parent, why should she have to live a crappy way with another?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-done-paying-12k-a-month-to-ex-jason-hoppy-w199945

One article said she pays 10k a month in child support.  But last year Reality Tea broke it down to this, which is a lot less for child support.  Funny they have all this detailed info and the court has had a gag order. Meanwhile look at how much money she has wasted on legal fees and how little has actually gone to the care of Bryn (in a month):

– An additional $100,000 to Jason’s lawyer 
– $600 a month for Bryn’s school tuition
– $900 a month in Bryn’s extracurricular activities  
– $12,000 in alimony per month
– $ 3,000 in child support
–  $11,000 a month for maintenance on their $5 million apartment HE lives in.

This divorce has been going on for three years already and apparently Jason has already racked up $700,000 in legal bills. That’s not including Bethenny’s own lawyer fees and other expenses. 

Read more at http://www.realitytea.com/2015/05/11/bethenny-frankel-give-jason-hoppy-much-money/#AQCpPQRR8h0WrmqP.99

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jinjer said:

Child support is for the child to live in a manner in which she is accustomed no matter which parent she is living with. The wealthier parent pays to accommodate that - at least that was what was being spouted off during the Linda Evangelista Henri Pinault case. I could be wrong.  Linda Evangelista certainly can pay for her own kid too. But if she is used to living one way with one parent, why should she have to live a crappy way with another?

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bethenny-frankel-done-paying-12k-a-month-to-ex-jason-hoppy-w199945

One article said she pays 10k a month in child support.  But last year Reality Tea broke it down to this, which is a lot less for child support.  Funny they have all this detailed info and the court has had a gag order. Meanwhile look at how much money she has wasted on legal fees and how little has actually gone to the care of Bryn (in a month):

I don't know where anyone is getting their $$ amounts because of the gag order. Well, except that Bethenny/team have leaked some info but there is no way to ascertain if they are correct or not. I get that Bethenny is asked by people/press all the time to talk about her divorce but so is Jason and I like that he has kept his mouth shut and his team silent and think Bethenny needs to do the same.

• Love 7

I like how Jason is credited for keeping his mouth shut and his team silent when his attorney is quoted in the article commenting about the divorce proceedings. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I like how Jason is credited for keeping his mouth shut and his team silent when his attorney is quoted in the article commenting about the divorce proceedings. 

His attorney has given few statements, very few! While Bethenny and her team seem give regular updates. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That is only 2 times, not near as often as B's team or anywhere near as often as Bethenny, herself, blasts Jason.

That's only 2 times because I've only responded twice, there are plenty of times if you google Bernard Clair and Jason Hoppy.  Tons of times.  If you want more info on it, we can take it to Bethenny's topic or the Bethenny/Jason divorce topic. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That's only 2 times because I've only responded twice, there are plenty of times if you google Bernard Clair and Jason Hoppy.  Tons of times.  If you want more info on it, we can take it to Bethenny's topic or the Bethenny/Jason divorce topic. 

My point was that we hear very little from Jason/team compared to Bethenny/team. When you compare the 2 sides, there is almost nothing from Jason/team and certainly, he, himself, has kept his mouth closed about the mother of his only child and we can't say the same thing about Bethenny now can we!?!

Although, I do stand corrected in that Jason's Lawyer has spoken about the case to the press a number of times, even though that number pales in comparison to Bethenny/team. LOL 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

My point was that we hear very little from Jason/team compared to Bethenny/team. When you compare the 2 sides, there is almost nothing from Jason/team and certainly, he, himself, has kept his mouth closed about the mother of his only child and we can't say the same thing about Bethenny now can we!?!

Although, I do stand corrected in that Jason's Lawyer has spoken about the case to the press a number of times, even though that number pales in comparison to Bethenny/team. LOL 

Taking this to Bethenny's thread.

• Love 1
On 5/14/2016 at 1:56 PM, izabella said:

I'm having a hard time understanding how a 2 year marriage leads to a 4 year divorce.  Seriously, what judge would award Jason diddly squat for a 2 year marriage? 

I think it *mainly* has to do with the dispute over ownership of the Tribeca place.  If I understand the contentions correctly, Bethenny claims she is the only legitimate title holder (reducing any allocation Jason might receive), and Jason claims they are both beneficiaries of the trust that holds title (which would increase his potential share of the condo's value).  It's a factually complex issue, and  I believe there's been an appeal to boot.  When the parties cannot settle, and there are complicated issues, the litigation can drag ooooon and ooooon.  

The alimony Jason was receiving was temporary, was awarded by the trial court because their prenuptual did not address the issue of temporary alimony, and then the court of appeal said no, Jason is not entitled to temporary alimony based on the same prenuptual agreement.  That gives you a sense of how everyone can look at the same facts and come to different conclusions.  And why, in cases with emotional clients with the money to fuel lots of lawyering and litigation, the process can take a long time.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, OhGromit said:

And why, in cases with emotional clients with the money to fuel lots of lawyering and litigation, the process can take a long time.

They say the best client an attorney can ask for is one who is rich, emotionally invested in being right and a little bit stupid. 

• Love 11

My parents divorce took 4 years. There was a couple in an article from NYT or Vanity Fair or something, linked in the Beth and Jason thread that their divorce has been going on over 16 yrs.

its not really a sane or logical thing to drag out and makes those who do look insane and stubborn. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I seriously hate mean drunks. 

Dorinda is a mean drunk.

You are giving drunks a bad name.  :-).  I think she is stone cold sober and just off her rocker.

Andy talks of upcoming events:  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/05/26/andy-cohen-crazy-season-new-york-real-housewives-of-dallas-reunion/

Ramona has now decided someone she had six dates with in August and September is now her property and in November when Luann started dating him, she was dating him?  Pick a lane you delusional bitch.  It doesn't even make sense to type it.  Maybe Ramona doesn't fully understand the concept of dating versus a relationship. 

• Love 8
(edited)

She's slurring, and she's holding a nearly empty bottle.

Erika is completely right about RHBH beating everything to death though, thanks for that link.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Okay Dorinda, you are pretty much nuts:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-9/videos/do-not-talk-about-dorinda-medleys  No one said anything about your mother, they were talking about a cake.

Yeah, Dorinda definitely overreacted. I do think Luann was being rude and should have shut up in general, but I don't think she meant any harm. She thought Dorinda was having a birthday party.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Yeah, Dorinda definitely overreacted. I do think Luann was being rude and should have shut up in general, but I don't think she meant any harm. She thought Dorinda was having a birthday party.

The mystery is when was Luann talking about Dorinda's mother?  Listen up Dorinda, life isn't an eight ball and three martinis.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

The mystery is when was Luann talking about Dorinda's mother?  Listen up Dorinda, life isn't an eight ball and three martinis.

The mystery to me was what sort of ratchet bakery did her mom buy that cake at? I thought it was fine looking for a homemade cake but Dorinda said more than once that her mother bought it.

• Love 2

Good thing John wasn't there and good thing Dorinda was already home during the cake brouhaha because it will save us seeing Dorinda scream at John and announce she's going home again.  psycho bitch.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Give Dorinda a drink or 2 and she will hear ants talking about her mother or John! LOL

• Love 7
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The mystery to me was what sort of ratchet bakery did her mom buy that cake at? I thought it was fine looking for a homemade cake but Dorinda said more than once that her mother bought it.

It did kind of look like it came from a remedial baking class.  I was thinking perhaps it had whipped cream frosting and had sat out too long and was beginning to lose its shape. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Give Dorinda a drink or 2 and she will hear ants talking about her mother or John! LOL

Yes, but those damned ants are really rude guests and don't appreciate Dorinda's friendship or all her efforts to make nice food for them.

• Love 3

It honestly looked home made to me.  If a bakery really did that one?  The hell?

On WWHL Dorinda said that it is a cake her mother makes for her every year.  Same recipe, etc.  So my guess is that in her mother's 40s this cake looked bakery perfect but now that she is older it's kinda what the hell. 

And I would like to take a minute to confess that I will watch WWHL for RHNY or cool outsiders.  I do not follow any other housewives on twitter but I do follow RHNY cuz they bring it.  And now I happen to follow Bethenny on snapchat because I can dammit and you all just best not judge me.

• Love 6

I just watched the previews and I can't wait.   I do hear Dorinda saying her mother bought the cake.  Maybe after the second vodka rocks it was her mother brought the cake but one can only pronounce so many words after the 4th cocktail.  Now if Bethenny and Carole were doing mean girls at Jules they need lessons.  They need lessons from the Countess and her laughing henchman.  I don't think anything Lu or Moaner said was that bad but they really were over the top in their mocking laughter.  So I would give L/R about a 8 and B/C about a 5 in the mean girl competition.  B/C lost a lot by using pseudo whispers and leaving the house before they started laughing.  L/R could have said meaner things.  But Lu circling the kitchen pointing out items that needed mocking and Ramona just screeching over it was pretty good.

• Love 2
On May 27, 2016 at 9:33 AM, zoeysmom said:

Okay Dorinda, you are pretty much nuts:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-9/videos/do-not-talk-about-dorinda-medleys  No one said anything about your mother, they were talking about a cake.

Thanks for the link. Don't know why those first-looks/preview thingies aren't on the Bravo app. 

Wow. B backed away from that overheard kitchen confrontation? Poor baby was uncomfortable? Unfortunately, I doubt she has enough self-awareness to realize that others might be "uncomfortable" being around her.

That cake looked like a days-old grocery store cake. Or really, not even that good.

Doris wielding the nearly empty liquor bottle practically like a weapon was gold.

I even got a kick out of LuLu and Moaner in the kitchen. Totally inappropriate but good catty fun.

• Love 6

I even got a kick out of LuLu and Moaner in the kitchen. Totally inappropriate but good catty fun.

Oh absolutely, they can give mean girl classes.  Bethenny and Carole hold nothing on them but I bet it makes Jules feel better to know that even a big lovely home in the Berkshires can be fodder for these klassy ladies.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Thanks for the link. Don't know why those first-looks/preview thingies aren't on the Bravo app. 

Wow. B backed away from that overheard kitchen confrontation? Poor baby was uncomfortable? Unfortunately, I doubt she has enough self-awareness to realize that others might be "uncomfortable" being around her.

That cake looked like a days-old grocery store cake. Or really, not even that good.

Doris wielding the nearly empty liquor bottle practically like a weapon was gold.

On WWHL they showed the argument as a clip. I can't find it.  Bethenny should be uncomfortable-she went at Luann pretty hard.  What I don't get since this is a "fun" activity for Bethenny is why?  Doesn't seem like fun.

I found this it claims to be the entire episode streaming live in 5 hours: 

• Love 1
(edited)
On May 27, 2016 at 9:48 PM, zoeysmom said:

Dorinda is weird about stuff like this. She never seems to get the point, and her anger is confusing. Remember last year when she was saying that her mother would be ashamed of her if she went around saying "fuck" all the time like Heather did?  Then, she went on to say "fuck" and Heather said "your mother would be proud of you". Dorinda went all batshit crazy with the whole "how dare you speak poorly about my mother", when the criticism was clearly being leveled at Dorinda, not her mother. Bitch is crazy for real. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 12

Honestly, I think the woman is ALWAYS at least slightly drunk, then she crosses some kind of threshold, at drink number 12 for the day or something, and becomes extra slurry and extra angry.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I think she begins drinking with her coffee in the morning and stops when she passes out, whenever that might be.

A little "eye opener" in the morning, Irish Whiskey in the coffee, or a Bloody Mary, possibly a screwdriver instead.  Then bath makeup dress, possibly with a 2nd 'breakfast" drink.  Off to lunch, a cocktail before, wine with.  Home around 3, possibly a nap, then it's time for cocktails again, one of two before dinner.  Wine with dinner, and of course a nightcap or two.  If anyone pisses her off by lunchtime, or if she thinks they did something wrong?  Blast Anger!  By dinner, she's raring to fight with anyone available, usually that's John, but for this weekend party, he's not there, so it will be the girls, just like the trip last year.  By nightcap time?  Anger and probable near incoherence combined with slurring.

I think that's why she's with John (well, and possibly for Cocaine, because she's pretty slim for all that booze.)  He doesn't care how blotto she is.  That is a very attractive feature in a man-friend for a drunk.

• Love 10
On 5/28/2016 at 2:42 PM, Umbelina said:

It honestly looked home made to me.  If a bakery really did that one?  The hell?

Yeah, I almost literally fell off the side of my bed (I caught myself) when Dorinda said that sad little cake came from a commercial bakery!  Say what now?  The cake would have been tres charming had it been a home made cake made by her elderly mother but the fact that the cake came from an actual bakery?  Pfft.  that's a sin.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think Dorinda said her mother "brought" the cake, not "bought" the cake but because she has been drinking she is slurring her words (once again).

That's exactly what I thought.  She was already slurring her words, drunky poo.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Dorinda slurred the name of some place.  Which means exactly nothing-maybe her mother picked up a cake mix there.

I took that as the town her mom lives in, not a bakery, but you never know with Dorinda after she has had 2+ drinks. LOL

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I took that as the town her mom lives in, not a bakery, but you never know with Dorinda after she has had 2+ drinks. LOL

I don't even know if she is drunk or she is just being exceptionally melodramatic.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think Dorinda said her mother "brought" the cake, not "bought" the cake but because she has been drinking she is slurring her words (once again).

Well, if the mom made the cake it was absolutely lovely (and pretty nice icing work for a home made cake) !!

• Love 2