Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Ahhh that is interesting--- I'm learning all kinds of things today!  :)  Thanks for explaining that. 

3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I stream the show and almost never bother with WWHL. It's really not a given that viewers watch both. 

2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Right? Me too. Those damned WWHL commercials are on so much, I couldn't imagine not seeing them and I watch on the App. I'm a bit jealous.

I remember WWHL when Andy first started them. It would air at midnight. Every once in a while he'd have Sarah Jessica Parker on the phone or someone affiliated with NBC. It was basically a half hour show of Andy getting drunk. I watched it more then as there were so many more shows I watched then.

I still DVR every show, fast forward on most because there are Bravolebrities who appear on shows I don't watch.

Bravo also changed it up a bit - they used to do little sneak peak shows - where 10 minutes would be slotted for showing upcoming scenes on 2 shows. They stopped that and now clips are integrated onto the WWHL show.

Why is Carole NOT mad at Heather? - Heather loved to say Hey Mama to Carole as a greeting.

• Love 7

Both black and white, both beach scenes, implying they were taken on the same day? Hm. Suspicious.

So, Carole went to Caroline Schlossberg and/or the Bessettes, and asked them for a beach pic of John and Carolyn to use in her book...because the idea that the Radziwills and Kennedys actually spent time together at the same beach house at the same time is somehow just so unbelievable?

No pictures at all, just four empty adirondack chairs.

The b&w beach pics are still included in the version with that cover.

Instead of all these covers, why not just have one with a picture of the four of them who shared this spectacular friendship that the book was based on.

If it were only the two couples together, then there wouldn't have been anyone around to take such a pic. 

Ok but to say there are NO pictures of them just isn't true.

But, those aren't intimate pics of Carole and Carolyn scissoring! 

Edited by jaync
  • Love 5

Have just realized there aren’t photos of Carole with any Kennedy or Radziwill family members except in group shots. There are several of Bessette with everyone nearly, including Maria Shriver

Also recall Aviva saying nobody in her family respects Carole which seemed weird inside baseball info but now I wonder. 

When Carole first joined HW I read her blogs and they were so good, so well written. I’ve not kept up with blogs for years now so hearing her writing has deteriorated makes me wonder if she did have a ghostwriter.

Edited by Sunfield
More thoughts
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I stream the show and almost never bother with WWHL. It's really not a given that viewers watch both. 

I didn’t remotely imply that it was a given. I only watch once in a great while myself. I was speaking purely (and, as I’ve discovered, mistakenly) about accessibility. 

I’m chuckling at all these theories about the Radziwills and the Kennedys. Somehow conspiracy theories seem to follow that family! ;) Next we’ll be trying to prove that Anthony and Carole were never actually married. Or that Carole somehow evilly coerced him into it. I’ll stay tuned! 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 8

Ah. Here’s a photo of Bessette hugging Anthony...seems to be in her wedding dress. I think at best, Bessette was kind and friendly to Carole because JFK Jr was besties with Anthony. I feel bad for Carole but then remember her mean moments...sigh...

FE26DC39-66D3-4EF7-BA01-3F61DF5C7906.jpeg

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

I didn’t remotely imply that it was a given. I only watch once in a great while myself. I was speaking purely (and, as I’ve discovered, mistakenly) about accessibility. 

I’m chuckling at all these theories about the Radziwills and the Kennedys. Somehow conspiracy theories seem to follow that family! ;) Next we’ll be trying to prove that Anthony and Carole were never actually married. Or that Carole somehow evilly coerced him into it. I’ll stay tuned! 

From how she is acting now, it's not far fetched! I kid. I kid. Sort of. 

She really is coming off as unhinged and mean spirited. As someone with a loose grasp of what the word facts means, and creepy. 

I remember when she first came on, I was excited to have someone associated with the Kennedy family on and her background was impressive. But what shows like this do for me is show me the man behind the curtain. We're all just people and being exposed to art and literature and travel doesn't necessarily make you anymore interesting as a person or interested in the world around you.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 12

But, those aren't intimate pics of Carole and Carolyn scissoring! 

@jaync -- if only they'd had Yolanda to guide them!  ("Pose like sisters -- you know, naked crotches close together, all family-like - then everybody will believe you were good friends!")

hadid.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7
On 8/26/2018 at 10:00 PM, lunastartron said:

Carole has been a pretty perfect match for this cohort of women and the franchise at large precisely because she’s not a quinquagenarian “girl” who lay down with dogs and got fleas but, rather, a pig who’s reveled in shit from the beginning of her tenure on the show. 

Since her first season, she’s lobbed vile grenades at colleagues and acquaintances who have done her no ill  with all of the casual smugness and self-satisfaction of an especially puerile tween farting in an elevator. 

From more or less immediately ridiculing LuAnn’s immutable biological characteristics (“pumpkin head”; “I heard two male voices; one belonged to LuAnn”) way before any substantive conflict erupted between them to sneering that Dorinda’s boyfriend is “sweaty and misshapen,” she certainly hasn’t shied away from shaming others for their physical appearance. 

That would be despicable enough, but it takes a genuinely sick and malicious moral fiber (or lack thereof) to stage whisper “it’s hard to watch her eat” and “I don’t know about eating disorders but I know about denial” in front of a recovering anorexic let alone reference the near-fatal abuse a friend once suffered from a romantic partner in order to explain why said friend was unexpectedly more composed during a shared experience. Or, just as disgustingly, use the premature deaths of of a spouse and other loved ones to deride the pain of a former friend because she hasn’t personally endured losses of that magnitude.

Personality aside, Widow’s Guide was completed during Carole’s maiden season. For what has she been using the show as a platform since? Selling her “gently used” clothes on Poshmark, conducting seances on other reality cable programming to communicate with the spirits of friends who died two decades ago, and slinging donuts in the park. She certainly didn’t fulfill her contractual obligation to produce a second book per the terms of the deal on which the publisher also wouldn’t have come close to recouping the advance it paid for Widow’s Guide.

As for her erudition and intellect, Carole can sure pontificate about cultural and political topics ... just not intelligently if her grotesquely colonialistic and misinformed attempts to play white savior on behalf indigenous Americans is any indication (yup, plenty of Indians “above the third grade” apply that term of choice to themselves and aren’t served by a #richwhitegirl issuing prouncements about and/or policing “racial vanity”). 

Similarly, clutching one’s pearls about “misogyny” and “ageism” doesn’t have quite the same credibility after one has giggled “I didn’t know if she was adopting him or dating him” about a co-worker; speculated about the precise weight and figure of a recovering anorexic on national television; and rationalized that being called a “slut” is “hot” in order to defend an ally shrieking that epithet at the top of her lungs as well as contriving to sexually humiliate a common foe in every way possible. 

Like the thug in a cocktail dress that she is, she has turned on Bethenny and Andy on her way out not because of any moral awakening but because their own varieties of vileness are no longer in service to and convenient for her.

This just needs another clap

• Love 21

@Sunfield

I’ve not kept up with blogs for years now so hearing her writing has deteriorated makes me wonder if she did have a ghostwriter.

The writing here (her blog last April) is the same writing voice she had in What Remains:

"So you hope and pray for one more day—please one more day that is all I want. Then I’ll be ready. One more day—but, of course, that is the big lie. You will never be ready when your partner dies in the middle of his young life. You wait as the life and love slowly and painfully ebbs out of him until he is barely recognizable to you any longer. You wait until the man you thought you’d spend the rest of your life with struggles to take his very last breath. Then you wait and sit in the deafening silence that is death still praying, now begging, for one more day. The time between that last breath and the silence can last for eternity. 

I suppose it's possible that Carole (in between faking her friendship with Bessette Kennedy, her deep love for Anthony, and her writing career) sent that one section of her April blog to be rewritten by her sister-in-law:

Dear ghost-sister: 

This needs the "What Remains" treatment by Thursday: 

I hope and praysies one more day YES LORD get one more day big lie you are READY SET GO he's a young un but wait it's his finalist breath big silence Lord eternity by Calvin Klein.

thx xoxoxo Carole 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, jumper sage said:

This was one of the last of the housewives shows I liked.  I didn't even watch the reunions this year.

Same - although I have been watching the reunions but only while doing work because I can't handle the negativity in full force.

NYC was so great last year...or whatever year the Mexico trip was.  I was looking forward to this season and all the women having fun, etc.  What a jarring and disappointing season.

The only other franchise I enjoy now-a-days is the OC  and ONLY because the toxicity we've experienced for YEARS seems to be coming to an end - or at least to tolerable levels.  I was out for many years because of that.  

I really do prefer these shows when the women get a long.  Small amounts of snark and bickering are fine and keep it interesting, but when they get dark, I'm out.  That's not what I tune in for.  NYC has gone there a few times since the beginning.  This season is one, for sure.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11

Tinsley has no money but she WAS an It Girl like Carolyn B Kennedy for a bit in the aughties. So, she had “cultural capital.” But we all know Carole likes them young.... so....

That sole couple of shots of Carole and JFK/Carolyn is clearly a paparazzi shot. I mean, hell, you can find pictures of CBK and Jennifer Aniston together. We all have relatives that we see once or twice a year for vacations and weekend getaways- easy for a camera person to get a shot of that. Why no PERSONAL photos?

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, BluBrd47 said:

Tinsley has no money but she WAS an It Girl like Carolyn B Kennedy for a bit in the aughties. So, she had “cultural capital.” But we all know Carole likes them young.... so....

That sole couple of shots of Carole and JFK/Carolyn is clearly a paparazzi shot. I mean, hell, you can find pictures of CBK and Jennifer Aniston together. We all have relatives that we see once or twice a year for vacations and weekend getaways- easy for a camera person to get a shot of that. Why no PERSONAL photos?

Maybe any personal photos are something that Carole just doesn't want out in the universe? Maybe she wants to keep some things private?

The way their friendship has been picked to pieces, I can't blame her.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Same - although I have been watching the reunions but only while doing work because I can't handle the negativity in full force.

NYC was so great last year...or whatever year the Mexico trip was.  I was looking forward to this season and all the women having fun, etc.  What a jarring and disappointing season.

The only other franchise I enjoy now-a-days is the OC  and ONLY because the toxicity we've experienced for YEARS seems to be coming to an end - or at least tolerable levels.  I was out for many years because of that.  

I really do prefer these shows when the women get a long.  Small amounts of snark and bickering are fine and keep it interesting, but when they get dark, I'm out.  That's not what I tune in for.  NYC has gone there a few times since the beginning.  This season is one, for sure.

This Carole/Bethenny feud, has gone far beyond entertainment. It's so dark and has brought out an ugly element worse than I have ever seen on any Housewives show. This year has not shown any fun at all. The murder mystery night and Colombia were supposed to be the lighthearted highlights. Uh, not so much. 

Any attempt at fun has been overshadowed by the feud, capped with Dorinda's aggressive, drunken behaviour. Ugh.

On top of it all has been the off camera Luann mess, and then culminating in the death of Dennis.

What a horrid year. I wonder if there is any going back. What can possibly make it all ok again? Absolutely not Bethenny fighting Jason for custody. No more drunken Dorinda or Luann going to rehab over and over everytime she hits a snag. 

If Bravo thought that this was a great story line, they have failed. I hope they have learned from this.  

People can laugh all they want about Carole being out. I believe she has escaped just in the nick of time. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Maybe any personal photos are something that Carole just doesn't want out in the universe? Maybe she wants to keep some things private?

Nothing suggests that Carole values privacy on behalf of the deceased more than her appearances on multiple nationally televised platforms affording her the opportunity to ostensibly commune with the spirits of said departed loved ones. 

May Carolyn rest in peace ... until Carole snags her next cable programming invite from Celebrity Ghost Hunters to go all “eenie meenie chili beanie” on boating vessel off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard.

• Love 19

It’s wntieely possible that Carole didn’t used to like taking pictures of herself and that has evolved over the years. There are very few photos of her and Anthony as well and a lot of the older photos of her are taken from a distance. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Nothing suggests that Carole values privacy on behalf of the deceased more than her appearances on multiple nationally televised platforms affording her the opportunity to ostensibly commune with the spirits of said departed loved ones. 

May Carolyn rest in peace ... until Carole snags her next cable programming invite from Celebrity Ghost Hunters to go all “eenie meenie chili beanie” on boating vessel off the coast of Martha’s Vineyard.

Wild applause, slow clap, and dozens of roses thrown at your feet.  Unless, of course, you prefer 3 dozen tulips.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Hmm. Her book would make that seem unlikely.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This Carole/Bethenny feud, has gone far beyond entertainment. It's so dark and has brought out an ugly element worse than I have ever seen on any Housewives show. This year has not shown any fun at all. The murder mystery night and Colombia were supposed to be the lighthearted highlights. Uh, not so much. 

Any attempt at fun has been overshadowed by the feud, capped with Dorinda's aggressive, drunken behaviour. Ugh.

On top of it all has been the off camera Luann mess, and then culminating in the death of Dennis.

What a horrid year. I wonder if there is any going back. What can possibly make it all ok again? Absolutely not Bethenny fighting Jason for custody. No more drunken Dorinda or Luann going to rehab over and over everytime she hits a snag. 

If Bravo thought that this was a great story line, they have failed. I hope they have learned from this.  

People can laugh all they want about Carole being out. I believe she has escaped just in the nick of time. 

I agree with all of this, HC -- it's been a dark, ugly season, start to finish  -- and if she's smart, Tins will follow Carole out the door before Frankel destroys her next season. (Mortimer would do well on Beverly Hills, imo  -  she'd be a fun acolyte for LisaV,  a charming/oddball castmate for Teddy -- Teds and Tins go shopping! -- and I think she'd do well with the rest of the women.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

As far as pictures go.... We're talking about the nineties.  I know it's hard to sometimes remember but people did not have cell phones with cameras and you just didn't whip one out to take a picture.  You had to have a real camera in your pocket or purse.  Given Carolyn and JFK jr's relationship with the press, cameras were not a priority when it came to personal interactions.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I have read maybe three HW blogs ever - as in three separate entries in total. So serious question - are most blogs this badly written? Or even most of Carole's blogs this badly written? I had a hard time getting through it - like someone with ADD was putting into words whatever came into her head but no thought to cohesiveness, or even the ability of the reader to be able to follow along. I have read some blogs, and they are nothing like this. Either Carole is unable to focus for longer than a New York minute (which may explain her inability to meet deadlines), or she thinks writing like this is cool. What a clusterf**k of a blog. 

BTW, where/when was the blind item that may be about Tins? 

Maybe they meant the blind item about Carole and the stupid " Bethenny called Adam"  fight...

Did Andy find out?

Here’s an interesting little surprise about a Real Housewife.

This Real Housewife has been active on her show for more than one season. She spends a lot of time on the show ruminating about her relationships with men.

It’s an act. She is not interested in men at all. However, to be on Real Housewives, she had to be willing to talk about her men and other people’s men and creates drama around it, so she plays the game. Not sure if Andy Cohen knows this. She will never get fake-married like some people, but she will do fake-dating.  She actually has a very nice girlfriend named [redacted] who, of course, will never be on the show.

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

sweet baby jeebuz I couldn't make it past the first few sentences of her blog... yeesh... ermkay "writer gal"...  and bonus - "I couldn't help but wonder" if she ripped that straight out of Sex and the City... ok, "Carrie" usually "got to thinking" ... but ridiculously similar... I got to pondering, does Carrie "I haz a thesaurus and imma use it" Radziwell... / Carole "thesaurus iz my bff" Bradshaw... have any original ideas?

Also my thoughts! 

@ryebread, I’ve been away for a day or 3 and haven’t read all the intervening pages (I’m so glad ptv doesn’t have TWOP-style rules!) and I have a question about C’s SIL in Oregon: does that refer to Anthony’s sister, or to a woman married to a brother of C’s?  

As to the best friend nomenclature: I devoured RoseMarie Terenzio’s JFK jr memoir today. Ms. Terenzio was Jr’s executive assistant for 5 years and something of a wheel at George magazine. 

IIRC, the first time she mentions Carole by name is when she takes Carole’s call to the couple’s home on the evening of the crash (RoseMarie was housesitting for the Kennedys).  

A few paragraphs later, she writes that Carolyn’s best friend, a woman named Jessica (again IIRC) called the apartment later and came over to be with RoseMarie (again IIRC. The book is interesting, well written and relatable. I seriously tore through it).

So.  It seems fair to say that Carole evidently considered CBK to be her bestie.  Someone physically close to CBK identified that role as belonging to another.  I’ve had friendships where one of us uses the “b” word & the other doesn’t. It happens. 

However: C bothering that poor woman's spirit ... on teevee .... tsk tsk tsk. That’s where the  ninjas sneer and I roll my eyes. FWIW.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

BTW, where/when was the blind item that may be about Tins? 

Here ya go, UNF: 

https://blindgossip.com/the-family-fortune/

4 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Maybe any personal photos are something that Carole just doesn't want out in the universe?

It's possible, but when Carole is willing to put out personal stories to the universe via Page Six about the last time she talked to her deceased best friend, couldn't she at least provide a intimate picture which would add a little warmth to the story?

Instead of another cobbled-together side-by-side shot?

http://pge.sx/2neAcjM

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

She actually has a very nice girlfriend named [redacted] who, of course, will never be on the show.

Carole and....Evelyn?

26 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I have a question about C’s SIL in Oregon: does that refer to Anthony’s sister, or to a woman married to a brother of C’s?  

Carole's brother.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Carole and....Evelyn?

Carole's brother.

I don't see it as being Carole, she was for real angry about anyone saying anything about Andy. The relationship was too messy. I can see it being someone from Atlanta. There's a bunch of underlying homophobia in that cast, like it's okay for a woman to be bi, but not a lesbian.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

As far as pictures go.... We're talking about the nineties.  I know it's hard to sometimes remember but people did not have cell phones with cameras and you just didn't whip one out to take a picture.  You had to have a real camera in your pocket or purse.  Given Carolyn and JFK jr's relationship with the press, cameras were not a priority when it came to personal interactions.  

I disagree. Here's my boyfriend whipping it out. Hot! The Kennedys are famous for documenting their family outtings and shenanigans. And Carole was a journalist, it was her job to document things, dammit! She had one job to do.  

Between all of 'em, not one pic?  Anyhooters, we've beaten this to death so I'll just hope Carole is reading this and posts an intimate picture of her and Carolyn on her Twitter just to spite me. ?

20180905_012006.png

• Love 4

Oh hell, I’ll soften the “why no personal pictures” inquiry. (Yes perhaps I’m being all Meghan King Edmonds and conspiracy theorist here but, CAROLE.) Why no more PAPARAZZI shots of them?? Yes she said in WR that they liked to hang out in the privacy of their own homes. But did they never go to dinner together? Walk the dog? Family events?

I’m lame. Forgive me!

Edited by BluBrd47
Spelling.
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

Oh hell, I’ll soften the “why no personal pictures” inquiry. (Yes perhaps I’m being all Meghan King Edmonds and conspiracy theorist here but, CAROLE.) Why no more PAPARAZZI shots of them?? Yes she said in WR that they liked to hang out in the privacy of their own homes. But did they never go to dinner together? Walk the dog? Family events?

I’m lame. Forgive me!

There are TWO pictures of them walking to the car (allegedly)!

If you are lame, I am lamer, so come sit by me and we can put on our Meghan Kind Edmonds headscarves and conspire by the fire that Carole tried to ignite at Dorinda's place.   ;-)

Edited by walnutqueen
I know it's Meghan KING edmonds, but the typo makes me sound so much nicer and KINDER than I could ever hope to be!
  • Love 13
11 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

If you are lame, I am lamer, so come sit by me and we can put on our Meghan Kind Edmonds headscarves and conspire by the fire that Carole tried to ignite at Dorinda's place.   ;-)

I think I have seen one of those pictures. I remember it because Carole was conservatively dressed with a  big coat and sensible shoes. 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 6

The poor widow woman is still bashing Bethenny on Twitter.  Because she is a soulless harpy with no job, no husband and no children.   So odd since I don’t follow her but I’m guessing because I follow Bethenny it was in a list of things that might interest me.  

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Yeah I think that was two separate pictures of the same day. But like I said, don’t we all have relatives we might vacation with once or twice a year? I thought they were BESTIES. Headscarves all day! :)

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Sunfield said:

Have just realized there aren’t photos of Carole with any Kennedy or Radziwill family members except in group shots. There are several of Bessette with everyone nearly, including Maria Shriver

Also recall Aviva saying nobody in her family respects Carole which seemed weird inside baseball info but now I wonder.

14 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

12 hours ago, lunastartron said:

12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Hmm. Her book would make that seem unlikely.

4 hours ago, BluBrd47 said:

I’m lame. Forgive me!

2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

2 hours ago, Jel said:

I think I have seen one of those pictures. I remember it because Carole was conservatively dressed with a  big coat and sensible shoes. 

1 hour ago, BluBrd47 said:

Yeah I think that was two separate pictures of the same day. But like I said, don’t we all have relatives we might vacation with once or twice a year? I thought they were BESTIES. Headscarves all day! :)

The only possible reason there are no personal photos of Carole and Carolyn is because they were only BFF's in Carole's Single White Female Mind.

There are 2 possibilities of why there aren't multitudes of paparazzi pictures of Carole and Carolyn:

1) They weren't best friends and hardly saw each other

2) The paparazzi cut Carole out of photos because they considered her a Lazada

giphy.gif

There is no reason for there not to be tons of pics of Carole and Carolyn if she claims they were BFF's. There are tons of pics of Jackie O and her sister Lee- private and paparazzi. There are tons of pics of John with his niece, Rose from her infancy up till his death. When Carolyn and John were dating - it was game on with the paps 24/7 walking their dog, having brunch, in the park, walking on the sidewalk. There are tons of pics of Carolyn and other people inclusive of just her and Anthony Radziwill.

It is looking more and more like Carole made this friendship up. I hope someone Megan King Edmonds her ass

• Love 15
On 6/2/2017 at 4:03 PM, lunastartron said:

Well, The Enquirer did spearhead the John Edwards/Rielle Hunter bombshells.

Per the question about photographs featuring Carole and Carolyn, I found exactly one set up. It's interesting how different Carole looked back then.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here is that picture posted by Lunastartron (thank you!) of Carole that I "remembered" seeing. 

1. No big coat

2. The sensible shoes are from another picture

3. Loftus is right about the unreliability of eye witness testimony

• Love 2

Actually I would argue that a) the paparazzi wasn't anywhere nearly as aggressive then as they are now b)Carole was Anthony's wife and while he was a prince blah blah blah to a certain extent he was just buddy to the paps target, JFK Jr and Carolyn Bessette and c) Bessette apparently really had a huge aversion to the cameras.

Were they bffs? I'll never know but honestly, aside from maybe Carolyn's family, does it really matter to anyone? 

I mean, if Carole wants to live her life as Carolyn Bessette's forever mourning bestie, thats her little weird cross to bear. 

• Love 12

Have just realized there aren’t photos of Carole with any Kennedy or Radziwill family members except in group shots.

Not true at all - a quick search brings up no less than four different pics (Carole with Lee R.; JFK Jr.; RFK Jr.; and Rory Kennedy). 

LOL, watch out for that moving goalpost!

Granted, it's been a few years since I read WR, but I don't recall Carole saying that Carolyn was actually her "best" friend ever (nor that Beth or Tinsley were, or even Heather, for that matter), so all the BFF labeling, and its applied importance, is rather confusing.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Actually I would argue that a) the paparazzi wasn't anywhere nearly as aggressive then as they are now b)Carole was Anthony's wife and while he was a prince blah blah blah to a certain extent he was just buddy to the paps target, JFK Jr and Carolyn Bessette and c) Bessette apparently really had a huge aversion to the cameras.

Were they bffs? I'll never know but honestly, aside from maybe Carolyn's family, does it really matter to anyone? 

I mean, if Carole wants to live her life as Carolyn Bessette's forever mourning bestie, thats her little weird cross to bear. 

It would matter a lot less to me if Carole had not sorta claimed to be the HW holder historical of (how did she put it?..) "veracious accuracy"?

The absolute truth and receipts to prove it only matter when it comes to all things Bethenny Frankel? Sorry, no.  If she's going to sport a mantle like that, for me, it needs to apply to everything, not just her dumb right fighting.

Lessee some snaps, Carole! 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

It would matter a lot less to me if Carole had not sorta claimed to be the HW holder historical of (how did she put it?..) "veracious accuracy"?

The absolute truth and receipts to prove it only matter when it comes to all things Bethenny Frankel? Sorry, no.  If she's going to sport a mantle like that, for me, it needs to apply to everything, not just her dumb right fighting.

Lessee some snaps, Carole! 

Carole....Are those two pictures the only receipts you have of this deep meaningful fantasy friendship?

• Love 3

Who on the show has asked Carole to produce private photos of her and Bessette? Again, I'm confused.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, jaync said:

Who on the show has asked Carole to produce private photos of her and Bessette? Again, I'm confused.

AFAIK, no one on the show has asked Carole to produce any photos.

But here in the Carole thread, where we speculate, comment, show support, agree and disagree with, question, wonder, snark, etc. about Carole, a few people have. That's fair, right?

• Love 9

Speaking of best friends, Carole just #bestfriend (ed) Duff on Twitter.

That makes 3,26 #bestfriends for Carole. Something tells me 'best' doesn't mean the same to her as it does to me.

Except when I was in 8th grade, I ran with a fabulous circle of people. We were all good friends. But Cathy McCauley used to call me her "bestest, estest, better estest" friend.  Oh, to be 13 again. Or 7.  Or 45.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, ryebread said:

That makes 3,26 #bestfriends for Carole. Something tells me 'best' doesn't mean the same to her as it does to me.

Except when I was in 8th grade, I ran with a fabulous circle of people. We were all good friends. But Cathy McCauley used to call me her "bestest, estest, better estest" friend.  Oh, to be 13 again. Or 7.  Or 45.

I had t-shirts made up of my best friends club in 6th grade. 8th grade was the year that we did the gold lockets that Carole and CBK apparently had according to WR. They Single White Female’d my idea :(

Edited by BluBrd47
spelling
  • Love 4

That's fair, right? 

Not really, because Carole producing "receipts" in regards to the show is totally different than her satisfying the needs of a few strangers on the internet.

Is Carole even aware that it's a pressing issue that she produce more evidence of her friendship with Bessette? Maybe someone can tweet her, to let her know?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I have no idea who Duff is, so checked out Carole's Twitter page. She is still obsessing about the show. And the funny thing is, she says (for the eleven millionth time) that she has seen far worse in her life, so the reunion was nothing. For someone who has apparently seen so much, she certainly is obsessed by something that really should not matter. Especially if she left of her own accord. (Which of course I don't believe for a minute, and certainly given her behaviour since she "left"). I am beginning to question her mental health. 

Then I went to Beth's Twitter page. Someone who has suffered a great loss just recently. Her page is quite lovely, and a stark contrast from Carole's. And no obsessing about the show or people on it, in fact not even a mention of the show directly. I am not on Twitter, but if I were to join I would follow Beth in a minute. Carole's toxic page? Not a chance. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8

So anyone who gets college paid for by their parents should pay their parents back and anything they accomplish is negated because they had college paid for?

Given the above logic, and given that Ramona's relationship with her dad, there is no way Ramona could have done that without a loan from her father. Bethenny could have gotten a loan to go to college. Student loans are easy to get and hard to pay back. Ramona couldn't have gotten such a large loan to buy the product in such a short time. So Ramona, even having paid back her father, owes all of her past and future success to her dad. Using the stated logic.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, jaync said:

Not really, because Carole producing "receipts" in regards to the show is totally different than her satisfying the needs of a few strangers on the internet.

Is Carole even aware that it's a pressing issue that she produce more evidence of her friendship with Bessette? Maybe someone can tweet her, to let her know?

I doubt that Carole is aware or cares that people on a housewives board are calling her a liar, anymore than Bethenny would care. I don't think it would even be on their radar. They care about twitter and instagram for sure, and both have the ability to remove negative comments if they choose to. (or have them removed by someone else)

There are more than a few housewives boards/forums besides this one with the same variance in opinions. Too many for real housewives to monitor much less respond to.

I agree that if people want "receipts", twitter is the way to go. Carole is not gonna be showing up here or on any other housewives board to produce photos.

• Love 6