Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, jaync said:

Not really, because Carole producing "receipts" in regards to the show is totally different than her satisfying the needs of a few strangers on the internet.

Is Carole even aware that it's a pressing issue that she produce more evidence of her friendship with Bessette? Maybe someone can tweet her, to let her know?

I think we may be coming at this from different angles.  I agree with you that having proof for a HW argument on tv is different than needing to prove something to strangers on the internet (when you didn't even know anyone was wondering) are different things. 

But I'm more talking about the principle here (and in the other post I made grumbling about her "veracious accuracy"). I love veracious accuracy. I don't love a double standard ("absolute truth required of others, only "memoir-level" truth required of Carole?). And I don't think you can have both from the same person without losing credibility to the point where all the other stuff you've said now comes into question, especially when you're all THE TRUTH MATTERS only when it's something that would put her in a better light. If the truth is important (which it is) I expect it even when it might put her in a less favorable light. If she would be veraciously accurate about everything , then applause from me. But to my eyes, she's veraciously accurate (which I don't even agree with anyway re: Bethenny) only when it suits her purposes. That's how it's coming across to me.  If she is going to make a statement like that, then I expect the goods across the board. 

Here's an example from the show: She chides Beth for saying Dorinda is a drunk on tv, and when Bethenny calls her out for calling her a narcissist (which isn't even the right name for the disorder, but whatever) on tv, she says "I just call it like I see it." (Okay when she does it, not okay when Bethenny does it. Gotcha.)  But she a) doesn't know if Bethenny has NPD because not only is she not Beth's psychologist, she's not even a psychologist. And b) her opinion of Bethenny's mental state is not "veracious accuracy", it's conjecture. Is that the kind of veracious accuracy she's using when she remembers things? If it is, I question her ability to discern facts from her own opinion.  When she wrote What Remains, was that veracious accuracy or "memoir-level" accuracy? And how I am I supposed to know the difference. One way might be to include a few pics of you and your dear friend in your book.

A few people (in the CR thread), me now included, are wondering if she really was so palsy with Carolyn Bessette, why she doesn't have some photos of them together.  I think that's a fair question, even one that doesn't need her to know people are wondering about it. The one thing I knew about her before she showed up on RHoNY was that she was "best friends" with JFK jr's wife -- how did I know that? Who put that out there?  Maybe she has a whole bunch in a photo album, I don't know. But if she does, it does seem odd to me that she didn't share a couple.  Honestly, it's not a need to know so much as it is interesting speculation material for the CR thread, imo.  I don't think I'll tweet her, but if someone else wants to...

• Love 10

At the very least a pic or proof of the ring they both had or BFF necklace...something, anything. I mean you clearly have no shame if you go on a reality show as well as not one but two psychic shows and a CNN special about the plane crash 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

There are more than a few housewives boards/forums besides this one with the same variance in opinions. Too many for real housewives to monitor much less respond to.

But this is the best board.  One of hundreds but my very favorite and best. 

See how easy that was, Carole.  The best.  Top of the heap. Better than all the rest.

• Love 9

Carole is not gonna be showing up here or on any other housewives board to produce photos.

I know, but can you imagine if she did? The reaming, oy.

I agree with you that having proof for a HW argument on tv is different than needing to prove something to strangers on the internet (when you didn't even know anyone was wondering) are different things. 

But, you did compare them as being the same, in that you expect Carole to address both matters - one of which she doesn't even know exists - in the exact same manner.

Maybe she has a whole bunch in a photo album, I don't know. But if she does, it does seem odd to me that she didn't share a couple. 

Believing it's odd is one thing, but it's quite another to conclude something to be an out-and-out lie all because the available proof is personally deemed unsatisfactory.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Could it have been her sister?

"I could have gone on but then my sister @teresadifalco called. From Oregon."

It's definitely her sister-in-law. She left off the in-law part.

Just like in in this Vanity Fair article, she is John F Kennedy Jr's cousin. Again, she left the in-law part off. Or someone did.  I doubt she objected.

20180905_164248.png

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1

I can't blame people for questioning Carole regarding the statements that she makes. She is entirely accountable, as is Bethenny. If we are going to call out one, it's just as reasonable to call out the other. Neither of them is going to come to this board with any proofs of anything. So we will all just continue to speculate. 

As far as I can see, they both lie. Just as Dr. Greg House says " Everybody lies".

"Say it forget it, write it..... regret it". LOL.

Carole and Bethenny take heed. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Just like in in this Vanity Fair article, she is John F Kennedy Jr's cousin. Again, she left the in-law part off. Or someone did.  I doubt she objected.

Carole didn’t write the article or the headline that’s on VF. In the article it specifies she was married to his cousin. She didn’t even speak to VF for the piece all the quotes from her are from an HLN show.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Except when it's said on camera, it's not forgotten. I guess Dorinda's logic is that she forgets what she's says, because she blacks out.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

@ShawnaLanne - I moved my reply to the Ramona thread.

eta: Back to Carole -- Ramona's big old wet kiss to Radziwill on Watch What Happens Live makes me wonder if she'll try and film with Radzi next season -- Carole is digging in on the "so great not to film reunions" but maybe a couple of cameos (to promote whatever she's doing) are not impossible.

Edited by film noire
moving ramona stuff to her thread
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, jaync said:

I know, but can you imagine if she did? The reaming, oy.

But, you did compare them as being the same, in that you expect Carole to address both matters - one of which she doesn't even know exists - in the exact same way. 

Believing it's odd is one thing, but it's quite another to conclude something to be an out-and-out lie all because the available proof is personally deemed unsatisfactory.

If it came across that way, I didn't mean it that way -- not in that I think she needs to address both matters ... what I meant was if she's going to be the HW Truth Teller, I personally, rightly or wrongly, expect someone who's going to be ballsy enough to imply that they are the only one telling the TRUTH, to really tell the truth about everything.  That part is my general opinion about big claims like that.

I think, based on what I have seen her say on the show and write about in blogs, and what other posters have pointed out, I now have reason enough to be suspicious of Carole's version of "veracious accuracy", (and her role as a legitimate truth teller) which I, internet poster, speculator and breeze shooter, find tends to be more kind of true but filtered in a way to make Carole look good. And I'm relying on what I know about her now to draw the conclusion that Carole may not have been completely forthcoming about her relationship with Caroline B. 

Some opinion, some fact (as I see it) about Carole in the Carole Radziwill thread. If you see it differently, that's cool with me :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jel said:

But I'm more talking about the principle here (and in the other post I made grumbling about her "veracious accuracy"). I love veracious accuracy. I don't love a double standard ("absolute truth required of others, only "memoir-level" truth required of Carole?). And I don't think you can have both from the same person without losing credibility to the point where all the other stuff you've said now comes into question, especially when you're all THE TRUTH MATTERS only when it's something that would put her in a better light. If the truth is important (which it is) I expect it even when it might put her in a less favorable light. If she would be veraciously accurate about everything , then applause from me. But to my eyes, she's veraciously accurate (which I don't even agree with anyway re: Bethenny) only when it suits her purposes. That's how it's coming across to me.  If she is going to make a statement like that, then I expect the goods across the board. 

Here's an example from the show: She chides Beth for saying Dorinda is a drunk on tv, and when Bethenny calls her out for calling her a narcissist (which isn't even the right name for the disorder, but whatever) on tv, she says "I just call it like I see it." (Okay when she does it, not okay when Bethenny does it. Gotcha.)  But she a) doesn't know if Bethenny has NPD because not only is she not Beth's psychologist, she's not even a psychologist. And b) her opinion of Bethenny's mental state is not "veracious accuracy", it's conjecture. Is that the kind of veracious accuracy she's using when she remembers things? If it is, I question her ability to discern facts from her own opinion.  When she wrote What Remains, was that veracious accuracy or "memoir-level" accuracy? And how I am I supposed to know the difference. One way might be to include a few pics of you and your dear friend in your book.

What an amazing post! I was frankly shocked when Bethenny pointed to the double-standard about her calling someone a drunk vs. Carole calling someone a narcissist, and Carole seemed to think it was so obvious that her two eyes are the beholders of veracious accuracy. Bethenny clearly knew at that point that, as a lay-person, she needed to be careful about implicitly diagnosing someone with alcoholism on TV. How can Carole not see the same thing about her diagnoses? And also, I actually think those of us without medical credentials are in a much better position to recognize a drunk than we are to recognize something as complicated as NPD.

I've said it before, but I think what Carole really meant by "narcissist" was "self-absorbed asshole," and she just clings to terms like "truth" and "veracious accuracy" and "fact" and "narcissism" in order to block others from having a different point of view. I don't think she can distinguish her own opinion from facts. I've found all her talk of "receipts" and evidence really strange. They're mostly very highly decontextualized references to things Bethenny said or did, where the meaning and motivation is open to multiple interpretations, but Carole seems to think it's black-and-white obvious that everyone would see it her way. I don't think I've ever seen any of the other housewives be quite so obstinate.

We should change the title of this thread to Carole Radziwill: Beacon of Veracious Accuracy and Writer of Many Meaningless, Redundant Words

Edited by Frances
  • Love 18
7 minutes ago, Frances said:

What an amazing post! I was frankly shocked when Bethenny pointed to the double-standard about her calling someone a drunk vs. Carole calling someone a narcissist, and Carole seemed to think it was so obvious that her two eyes are the beholders of veracious accuracy. Bethenny clearly knew at that point that, as a lay-person, she needed to be careful about implicitly diagnosing someone with alcoholism on TV. How can Carole not see the same thing about her diagnoses? And also, I actually think those of us without medical credentials are in a much better position to recognize a drunk than we are to recognize something as complicated as NPD.

I've said it before, but I think what Carole really meant by "narcissist" was "self-absorbed asshole," and she just clings to terms like "truth" and "veracious accuracy" and "fact" and "narcissism" in order to block others from having a different point of view. I don't think she can distinguish her own opinion from facts. I've found all her talk of "receipts" and evidence really strange. They're mostly very highly decontextualized references to things Bethenny said or did, where the meaning and motivation is open to multiple interpretations, but Carole seems to think it's black-and-white obvious that everyone would see it her way. I don't think I've ever seen any of the other housewives be quite so obstinate.

We should change the title of this thread to Carole Radziwill: Beacon of Veracious Accuracy and Writer of Many Meaningless, Redundant Words

Aww Frances, you said, "What amazing post!" Thank you!

I may be embroidering that on a pillow... ;)

(Who am I kidding with the winky face?! DEFINITELY embroidering it in a pillow.)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, film noire said:

@ShawnaLanne - I moved my reply to the Ramona thread.

eta: Back to Carole -- Ramona's big old wet kiss to Radziwill on Watch What Happens Live makes me wonder if she'll try and film with Radzi next season -- Carole is digging in on the "so great not to film reunions" but maybe a couple of cameos (to promote whatever she's doing) are not impossible.

I'm going to guess it will depend on how pissed off Andy is at Carole. It took years for Jill to get back on in any capacity.

I think between the timing of her announcement that she quit, to her telling Andy he's full of shit, she is leaving persona non grata.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I can't blame people for questioning Carole regarding the statements that she makes. She is entirely accountable, as is Bethenny. If we are going to call out one, it's just as reasonable to call out the other. Neither of them is going to come to this board with any proofs of anything. So we will all just continue to speculate. 

As far as I can see, they both lie. Just as Dr. Greg House says " Everybody lies".

The Howives need to remember they are filmed for a lot of this too.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think, based on what I have seen her say on the show and write about in blogs, and what other posters have pointed out, I now have reason enough to be suspicious of Carole's version of "veracious accuracy", (and her role as a legitimate truth teller) which I, internet poster, speculator and breeze shooter, find tends to be more kind of true but filtered in a way to make Carole look good. And I'm relying on what I know about her now to draw the conclusion that Carole may not have been completely forthcoming about her relationship with Caroline B. 

Some opinion, some fact (as I see it) about Carole in the Carole Radziwill thread. If you see it differently, that's cool with me :)

This is perfectly cool, as long as the same conclusions can be drawn in the Bethenny thread about Bethenny. 

Please, same rules should apply to both. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

This is perfectly cool, as long as the same conclusions can be drawn in the Bethenny thread about Bethenny. 

I agree, same rules for everyone. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

We are in the Carole thread,. ... :) So talking about Carole here, but I acknowledge inconsistencies when I find them. But those things that are left open to interpretation, which a lot of B's stuff is, I often interpret differently.

As far as Carole's writing goes, I spent a couple of years thinking about what a memoir is, reading memoirs, and writing a lot of essays. I had to come to terms with the idea that I could only write my truth, no matter how hard I tried to be impartial, because of the way memory works, and mood, personality, and how relationships influence how we feel and experience life.

I spent my first two years in college as a Journalism major and earned a BA in journalism. I found I liked writing opinion pieces better, and won some cool awards for writing them, better than writing straight news.

It's a different skill set. And it appears that maybe Carole doesn't understand the difference between the two anymore, if she ever did. She was a producer  who wrote a memoir to come to terms with what happened, as well as to cash in on her connections.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I spent my first two years in college as a Journalism major and earned a BA in journalism. I found I liked writing opinion pieces better, and won some cool awards for writing them, better than writing straight news.

I spent some time in journalism as well. Just the facts ma'm, but then I also wrote some opinion pieces. I will not nail myself down to one or the other as I see things more holistically. 

Yes, this is the Carole thread. I see Bethenny references here as well, and Carole references in the Beth thread. It's hard to separate the two sometimes. They are intertwined and will always be.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, jaync said:

Not true at all - a quick search brings up no less than four different pics (Carole with Lee R.; JFK Jr.; RFK Jr.; and Rory Kennedy). 

I love a good conspirarcy theory but my problem with CFBFF (Carole Faked BFF) is that somebody would've exposed her hoax by now -- it's a massive lie to tell, and an even more massive lie to get away with even for just awhile - but then to get away with it, decade after decade, seems close to impossible to me. (If nothing else, there are so many people who hate the Kennedys, who would love to dirty up  & smash the image of John Jr and his beautiful bride* dying on the Vineyard, near Jackie's farm. What better way to sully all that Kennedy myth than to reveal What Remains was a complete falsehood?)

*and her sister, lauren (what their mother went through with that double loss).

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
Just now, Happy Camper said:

I spent some time in journalism as well. Just the facts ma'm, but then I also wrote some opinion pieces as well. I will not nail myself down to one or the other as I see things more holistically. 

Yes, this is the Carole thread. I see Bethenny references here as well, and Carole references in the Beth thread. It's hard to separate the two sometimes. They are intertwined and will always be.

Just trying to keep from going down a rabbit hole. ..

It happens quickly in each thread.

I can write both, I've done it professionally for years, very dry whitepapers and tech documents, as well as marketing content. But when I write for myself I prefer the essay.

It will be interesting to see what Carole's role will actually be at Verve.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I agree with you! I think it will be impossible to keep any thread from referencing another housewife, especially Bethenny and Carole. I guess my point is that if you have a strong opinion regarding the actions of one housewife, the same criteria could apply to another. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I can write both, I've done it professionally for years, very dry whitepapers and tech documents, as well as marketing content. But when I write for myself I prefer the essay.

It will be interesting to see what Carole's role will actually be at Verve.

I hope they keep her busy enough to get her off Twitter for a bit. She needs to chill.

9 minutes ago, ryebread said:

She was signed by a literary agency.  No job yet.

I’ve had a long week so pardon that I can’t see what you’re saying. Soooo she had no job? So what’s the article about? I read it rather quickly I will admit but it sounded like a job to me.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, bagger said:

I’ve had a long week so pardon that I can’t see what you’re saying. Soooo she had no job? So what’s the article about? I read it rather quickly I will admit but it sounded like a job to me.

She changed talent agencies.

• Love 3

I've not seen Part 3 of the Reunion -- no access yet where I am. But I have seen Carole on Twitter saying she has never seen such shocking behaviour as Bethenny jumping up and shoving the phone in her face. I won't comment on how bad I think that behaviour was, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if Carole or anyone else has commented on Ramona actually putting her hand over Sonja's mouth to physically silence her?

Edited by Frances
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Frances said:

I've not seen Part 3 of the Reunion -- no access yet where I am. But I have seen Carole on Twitter saying she has never seen such shocking behaviour as Bethenny jumping up and shoving the phone in her face. I won't comment on how bad I think that behaviour was, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if Carole or anyone else has commented on Ramona actually putting her hand over Sonja's mouth to physically silence her?

Or Carole grabbing Aviva's face -- on the staircase . . . .

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, Frances said:

Carole did not come off looking good at all. She was caught in lies with video and text evidence twice. She needed something.

I predict Carole becoming more and more unhinged as the backlash continues. She really thought this reunion would vindicate her and it only proved she has a problem with truth, showed she's a shit, shit friend, to even Tinsley, and the only time she had a pleasant look on her face was when it was exclusively about her.

The hand over mouth was discussed in last week's reunion. But not this week's.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 21

wasn't Carole saying she was the victor of this reunion? nobody really "won" this reunion - least of all Carole and her merry dream team - which by the way as I expected, every last one of them softened twds Bethenny... Oy. I won't miss Carole and her narrative... 

• Love 15

Awww. I completely missed that this was coming on 8. In any case, Carole is giving a nice retrospective on her IG stories of her time on the show. She'll be A-OK, and I have no doubt that she will excel at whatever she does next.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, SCS said:

Or Carole grabbing Aviva's face -- on the staircase . . . .

Oh, right!!!

I remember thinking Carole was fine and kind of buying her cool girl thing when she started the show. But when she went off on Aviva, I started to change my perception of her completely. Aviva had big problems of her own, but Carole's defensiveness...and then her aggressiveness was really telling.

• Love 19
31 minutes ago, Frances said:

Oh, right!!!

I remember thinking Carole was fine and kind of buying her cool girl thing when she started the show. But when she went off on Aviva, I started to change my perception of her completely. Aviva had big problems of her own, but Carole's defensiveness...and then her aggressiveness was really telling.

Somewhere Aviva is drinking Champaign, waving her leg in victory, and laughing her ass off.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, Jel said:

This from a woman who keeps herself so thin she cannot donate blood.

Ouch. I have the same metabolism as Carole and I can't donate blood because I'm underweight.

I thought that none of them could donate because they had been to Mexico within the past year?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Ouch. I have the same metabolism as Carole and I can't donate blood because I'm underweight.

I thought that none of them could donate because they had been to Mexico within the past year?

I wasn't talking about you, Rosiejuliemom, I was talking about Carole.  I think Carole works at her low weight.

Carole said on that epi that she couldn't donate blood because she didn't meet the weight requirement.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

I wasn't talking about you, Rosiejuliemom, I was talking about Carole.  I think Carole works at her low weight.

Carole said on that epi that she couldn't donate blood because she didn't meet the weight requirement.

I have to respectfully disagree. Carole's diet is (at least pre-Adam) total garbage. The only time she has ever mentioned dieting was in early season 7 when she said that her new diet was only cucumbers, vodka, and butter (which I really hope was a joke) She also admitted that she doesn't work out (except for the marathon). From the photos I've seen, Carole has always been rail thin.

I realize that she said that on the episode, but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Mexico precluded all of the ladies from donating. They had to be back in the US for a year due to Malaria concerns.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes, she did say that. When everyone else said it was because of Mexico. Didn't she go to Mexico too? 

I'm thinking she just wanted to get out the I'm too thin to donate narrative.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I have to respectfully disagree. Carole's diet is (at least pre-Adam) total garbage. She also admitted that she doesn't work out (except for the marathon). From the photos I've seen, Carole has always been rail thin.

I realize that she said that on the episode, but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Mexico precluded all of the ladies from donating. They had to be back in the US for a year due to Malaria concerns.

I appreciate your respectful disagreement. *I* think she works at it, if you don't that's ok with me :)

I don't care if she donates blood or not, just saying that the reason she gave is because she doesn't meet the weight requirement. And that I think she is intentionally keeping herself very thin, and in doing so, and being a celebrity, in her way she's contributing to the skinny bs that haunts women and girls, too. My opinion only.

• Love 13

Okay, I give Carole another week to get all the vitriol out and make sure she is heard. But after that if she's still going in and on about her this I'm going to be pretty smug myself that she has lived down to my expectations. Prove me wrong, Radish.

• Love 4

I will miss Carole, but I hope her future is filled with love, good friends, and positive projects that make her happy and that utilize her skills and intelligence because nobody with something to offer the world should get stuck in this toxic franchise of harpies stirring up drama to stay relevant so they can feed that ego. Good luck Carole, your NYC humor will be missed by this viewer!

• Love 11