Type keyword(s) to search

Carole Radziwill: She's a Real Princess!

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 10:08 PM, Petunia13 said:

I do think it's in poor taste and disrespectful. 

I agree. It tastes as bad as when she dragged her hubs' ashes all over London and fake cried over them in her hotel room. 

Letting your loved ones rest in peace is a thing.  Especially when it's fairly well known - and she said so herself - that both Carolyn and Anthony were intensely private people.

• Love 7

Yeah Francis the Mule is pretty tawdry but it also speaks to the fact that according to my uncle who was one of the young bucks trying to rein in John Jr as he sent George down the drain, the marriage was hardly the fairy tale and Carolyn was a witch (he just was vapid and lived in a bubble especially after everyone licked him clean a thousand times for a actually rather poorly delivered speech at the Democrats' Convention) and Anthony actually disliked Carolyn and her tendency for histrionics as well as her penchant for rubbing up against a particular underwear model every time John stormed out after a fight.  So I do wonder just how close the two were.  Death does weird things to people.  Most of us.  We tend to make saints out of beloved sinners after they die.  We work through lose and feed our ego oddly at the same time.

Again I don'[t think the two were that close since by all accounts Carolyn was a shallow and selfish woman and Francis the Mule is a follower and mean girl at heart.  I think that made for a good casual relationship but it also fits poorly with a woman who almost springs from a Greek Tragedy and her pretty much concurred incredibly tight and yet fractious relationship with the sister that died with her and John.  John himself was heard to complain that no one could breath in the same room with the two of them as they had no time for others and yet fought like two shrews eyeing the last bite and neither has eaten for an hour.

But Frances the Mule has lower to go than this sadly.  If she doesn't make the cut for the next season she either has to actually write something or she has to plunge even further into the depths of reality show cankers.  And I think Adam is a passive aggressive little snowflake who wants the attention and yet hates having to be her for tv paramour.  He was happy to lark for cameras and social media when they first started and loved having her pimp his career, I mean instagram salad shooter pics of the day.  Now he looks like he can't even remember who she is half the time and when he does he seems a bit puzzled why she is still around.  And uneasy.

So maybe the true depths and discovery as to the over-fillered Mule's nature both past and present is if she hooks up somehow with the above mentioned former underwear model.  Who seems to have told lots of truths but in a really pathetic heinous and self-serving way.  Aww.  Sounds like a perfect match for this little woman and her ability to eat like a garbage disposal that somehow goes backwards the fuller it is.

• Love 7

My apologies and self-correction: I just assumed that there was no way that Carole was milking her ancient connection to Carolyn for a cable program spot on a second occasion in less than a year. Silly me! I should have known better. 

This actually isn't that show in which Carole traded on Carolyn's memory; it that show exactly like that show in which Carole traded on Carolyn's memory. 

Fucking gross. 

• Love 6

One thing that was always said about CBK was that she hated the press. She died before these reality shows were a thing but I'm sure she would have nothing but disdain for them. As far as Carole and CBK being besties, I doubt it. Maybe Carole considered CBK her best friend but I truly doubt that CBK considered Carole hers.  CBK's family must just be mortified that Carole is using their daughter's memory for this type of entertainment. Tacky and shameless.

Now that the cookbook isn't going to happen I wonder how many trips Carole is going to have to fund and expensive camera equipment she's going to buy to keep Adam around, he seems bored and annoyed with her and all of their interactions seem staged and forced. I agree with the other poster who said that he "wants the attention and yet hates having to be her for tv paramour."  I have a feeling that when he told his friends he was dating an older woman they were thinking along the lines of J-Lo, Sandra Bullock, Monica Bellucci, heck, even a Susan Sarandon and then he shows up with the Cryptkeeper, they must have let out a collective WTF. Carole not only looks older than 53 but she has an elderly quality about her with her voice and slouchy movements, shes' not nimble, graceful or youthful in the least (despite her wardrobe and facelift/fillers). If they don't say anything to his face I have a feeling they really go at it behind his back. 

• Love 7

Wirewrap said:

But, the bottom line is that Carole didn't "do" anything to Luann's niece, Adam did.

So?

Just because in some social textbook somewhere "technically" Carole never did XYZ.... and it should fall on Adam...

Carole and Lu had somewhat of a friendship. They don't deny it and them getting closer was something they both touched on and confirmed.

People keep murking up the whole "but Adam did this and Carole didn't blah blah blah".

A person can judge a persons behavior. How they chose to handle certain circumstance. What feelings they choose to dismiss.  How they want to present their own position in a situation.

How many times have friends gotten mad at each other because they felt the other isn't as sympathetic or as mindful of the others feelings on a subject or situation? It's a pretty common occurrence big and small. I never understand what's so confusing about that. As a person who would have reacted the same way to Carole's disregard for MY feelings and proceed to push such a hurtful attitude about it even after realizing the situation is carrying a bit of a sting. Whether or not Carole agreed on whether it SHOULD have had such an effect, getting the inkling that all wasn't right with the revelation shouldn't have immediately prompted her to be more childish about the situation by being all "good hair, don't care" about it. Sorry but that's my new best phrase to describe what I hated so much about Carole's behavior in the Adam debacle.

Adam's offense was to Nicole (if any). Carole and Lu had a relationship and Carole went straight on the defensive instead of recognizing and acknowledging that maybe just maybe it was understandable for Lu to be a bit unnerved by the new development.

I'm just saying that in that case it isn't just about Lu thinking women should be one way blah blah blah. I feel it was about the friendship she thought she had with Carole and how quick Carole was to take such a "whatever" stance on the obvious discomfort it was creating for Lu. Not that she should have stopped it obviously but she didn't need to be so defensive that she became offensive about the whole thing.  A little bit of understanding and communication from BOTH parties would have solved what should have been a minor hiccup between the two.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

First off I think all these women need to call a truce on how they met their husbands, boyfriends and fiancé (s).  Their stories are never romantic, it is always about how shady the woman was or how bad the guy is because he did. . . . . In real life people for the most part just accept people got together and don't dissect the details.  None of them have clean hands. 

Having said that I thought it was sweet that Adam is still in touch with Luann's son.  I also thought he and Luann had the only genuine moment of the night playing a brief game of catch up.  Carole behaved a whole lot more like Luann in her attitude of accepting Adam's acquaintances from the past.  It is just so much easier. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Wirewrap said:

But, the bottom line is that Carole didn't "do" anything to Luann's niece, Adam did.

So?

Just because in some social textbook somewhere "technically" Carole never did XYZ.... and it should fall on Adam...

Carole and Lu had somewhat of a friendship. They don't deny it and them getting closer was something they both touched on and confirmed.

People keep murking up the whole "but Adam did this and Carole didn't blah blah blah".

A person can judge a persons behavior. How they chose to handle certain circumstance. What feelings they choose to dismiss.  How they want to present their own position in a situation.

How many times have friends gotten mad at each other because they felt the other isn't as sympathetic or as mindful of the others feelings on a subject or situation? It's a pretty common occurrence big and small. I never understand what's so confusing about that. As a person who would have reacted the same way to Carole's disregard for MY feelings and proceed to push such a hurtful attitude about it even after realizing the situation is carrying a bit of a sting. Whether or not Carole agreed on whether it SHOULD have had such an effect, getting the inkling that all wasn't right with the revelation shouldn't have immediately prompted her to be more childish about the situation by being all "good hair, don't care" about it. Sorry but that's my new best phrase to describe what I hated so much about Carole's behavior in the Adam debacle.

Adam's offense was to Nicole (if any). Carole and Lu had a relationship and Carole went straight on the defensive instead of recognizing and acknowledging that maybe just maybe it was understandable for Lu to be a bit unnerved by the new development.

I'm just saying that in that case it isn't just about Lu thinking women should be one way blah blah blah. I feel it was about the friendship she thought she had with Carole and how quick Carole was to take such a "whatever" stance on the obvious discomfort it was creating for Lu. Not that she should have stopped it obviously but she didn't need to be so defensive that she became offensive about the whole thing.  A little bit of understanding and communication from BOTH parties would have solved what should have been a minor hiccup between the two.

Luann told Carole they were fine, meaning she/Carole's friendship, and it was while filming was going on. There wasn't a problem until afterwards and that is when Luann looses any support from me. She turned into a rabid dog on twitter and Carole kept asking her what had changed. Luann refused to answer but she kept up the tirade against Carole none the less. I really do not believe Luann was all that upset about Carole dating Adam, she needed to keep viewers interested in her because she really had nothing going for her own storyline and she feared being demoted a second time. Also, Luann's big upset, according to her, was that "Carole hurt her niece", not that Adam "hurt her niece" but that Carole did. Again, it this is another example of how Luann has 2 very different sets of rule/standards for men and women.

• Love 3

Hi Gang! The mod team has been getting reports and PMs about some posters here being annoyed by other posters for things that aren't actionable within the site rules. 

In the name of protecting everyone's blood pressure, I'm going to recommend that you use the "Ignore" feature.

Here's how:
1.Go to the top of your screen and click on the little head icon.
2.Click on "Ignored Users".
3.Type in the annoying person's name.
4.Click the little boxes underneath that give you options on what to ignore.
5.Click "Add User"

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Luann told Carole they were fine, meaning she/Carole's friendship, and it was while filming was going on. There wasn't a problem until afterwards and that is when Luann looses any support from me. She turned into a rabid dog on twitter and Carole kept asking her what had changed. Luann refused to answer but she kept up the tirade against Carole none the less. I really do not believe Luann was all that upset about Carole dating Adam, she needed to keep viewers interested in her because she really had nothing going for her own storyline and she feared being demoted a second time. Also, Luann's big upset, according to her, was that "Carole hurt her niece", not that Adam "hurt her niece" but that Carole did. Again, it this is another example of how Luann has 2 very different sets of rule/standards for men and women.

I disagree.

I definitely saw the discomfort from start to finish.

Lu not expressing it in the most clear or understandable way doesn't negate the discomfort and hurt and awkwardness I SAW in Lu's behavior over it all. Sure she SAID they can work passed it and gave the PC response about it not being a problem at first cause she knows there really isn't anything she could say, but her emotions contradicted what her mind and her mouth was saying. Again, not sure why that is so much harder to believe than thinking it's always and most definitely ALL about the plotline.

I saw her behavior throughout the season consistent with the blow up at the end. I see episode by episode Lu's reaction to Carole's involvement with Adam getting more and more harder to pass off as chic, ce la vie and I saw more and more of her strained patience. It was clear as day for me. So sorry the theory about it not bothering Lu then bothering her when it was convenient doesn't really hold water with me.

• Love 1

As far as Carole and CBK being besties, I doubt it. Maybe Carole considered CBK her best friend but I truly doubt that CBK considered Carole hers.  CBK's family must just be mortified that Carole is using their daughter's memory for this type of entertainment. Tacky and shameless.

I don't doubt that they were friends. If it were all horseshit, I'd like to think that someone from Carolyn's family would've put Carole on blast for it.

I still don't care about the Adam/Carole/Nicole scalene triangle. I get why Lu felt some kind of way about it, but she went too far with her criticisms. I'm more annoyed that Adam got to skate by but Carole gets the brunt of the attack. Guess Adam fell into Carole's "clutches" as well.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

I still don't care about the Adam/Carole/Nicole scalene triangle. I get why Lu felt some kind of way about it, but she went too far with her criticisms. I'm more annoyed that Adam got to skate by but Carole gets the brunt of the attack. Guess Adam fell into Carole's "clutches" as well.

I briefly spaced on Nicole's name so when Lu mentioned that Adam and Noel were just talking, I was like "oh no she didnt" but I think it's nice that Adam and Noel still speak which also indicates that Adam had more of a relationship with her family than just an ex of her nieces.

• Love 2
On 7/31/2016 at 10:15 PM, Jextella said:

I think people who choose not to have children see the world a bit differently than those who do.  In my experience, people who choose to have kids and work at raising them well are more nurturing and have higher levels of patience, empathy, and flexibility than those who choose not to have kids.  It just goes with the territory.

It's great that's been your experience (meant honestly, no sarcasm intended) but millions of people who have had children are selfish, thoughtless, cruel, deeply unstable and all too often, physically, sexually and emotionally abusive.  And sadly, they believe they are raising their children "well". Becoming a parent does not equal emotional depth. It often means the opposite, giving rise to unresolved issues that get dumped on innocent kids. Carole being a self indulgent and casually cruel woman has nothing to do with her being a mother -- her partner in crime, Bethenny, has a kid and it has (at least on the show) made her less patient, flexible, empathetic, etc., not more. 

Carole has just got to stop eating on camera.

That toothy overbite maw chewing is baaaad.

I'm going to sound like I'm channeling the ghost of Post, but jesus, MANNERS, Carole. At fifty something (or fifteen) you don't gollum-chomp and sip and slurp and suck and sniff -- the only thing missing are her arms around her plate and the lifer hunch.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

If you chose not to have children, then one should not be offended at the mention of your choice.  Carole seems to want to wallow in her choice and not take responsibility for the fact she chose not to parent.  It is borderline offensive to foster a kitten for a week and claim you feel some sort of motherhood.  I don't quite get why she won't have a child with Adam.  Adoption is always an option.  I was kind of offended the end of the show was Adam and Carole have thee relationship.     

17 minutes ago, film noire said:

It's great that's been your experience (meant honestly, no sarcasm intended) but millions of people who have had children are selfish, thoughtless, cruel, deeply unstable and all too often, physically, sexually and emotionally abusive.  And sadly, they believe they are raising their children "well". Becoming a parent does not equal emotional depth. It often means the opposite, giving rise to unresolved issues that get dumped on innocent kids. Carole being a self indulgent and casually cruel woman has nothing to do with her being a mother -- her partner in crime, Bethenny, has a kid and it has (at least on the show) made her less patient, flexible, empathetic, etc., not more. 

Sorry, but this is a misinterpretation/over generalization of my comments.  I stand by them, but in no way do I mean to imply they apply to all people at all time.  And, yes, Bethenny is a classic exception.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jextella said:

Sorry, but this is a misinterpretation/over generalization of my comments.  I stand by them, but in no way do I mean to imply they apply to all people at all time.  

Your comment IS a very generalized statement  -- "People who choose to not have children"  (no qualifiers) "People who choose to have kids and work at raising them well" (no qualifiers -- as in, lots of crazy people think they've done a bang-up job raising their kids) "It just goes with the territory" (no qualifiers --- the territory is having/raising kids, not doing that within the limits of X Y or Z).  These are your words, not my "misinterpretation".

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Jextella said:

"My experience has been"... is the key phrase.  Whatever.  Agree to disagree.

Yes, that's why my answer began with a nod to your purely positive experiences.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

@Jextella  @film noire    Haha are y'all trying out for Andy's next show: The Real Polite Disagreeing Posters? 

LOL

"I bid you good day, madam!"

"Nay, madam, *I* bid *you* good day!"

"How very dare you, MADAM! I bid you good day first!"

"I once bid good day first to a madam - a true fuckdoll slut of a whore - and she NEVER RECOVERED. SO I BID YOU GOOD DAY ALL DAY!"

victorian.jpg

Edited by film noire
i'm the one in pink. unless jex wants to wear it and then i shall hand it over as i bid her good day
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

If you chose not to have children, then one should not be offended at the mention of your choice.  Carole seems to want to wallow in her choice and not take responsibility for the fact she chose not to parent.  It is borderline offensive to foster a kitten for a week and claim you feel some sort of motherhood.  I don't quite get why she won't have a child with Adam.  Adoption is always an option.  I was kind of offended the end of the show was Adam and Carole have thee relationship.     

Offense for me but not for thee?  LOL.  As a childfree woman by choice, I'm kind of offended by all this judgment about having children/not having children.  Offense for everyone! 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, stewedsquash said:

@film noire  I see you in pink and watch out. I think I see Bethenny's bartender observing you both. To keep with the era of the picture, perhaps she will find herself possessing an incriminating sketch in a day or two.

..and a letter indicting my womanhood: "Dear Madam, you have been seen behaving in unseemly ways! Wantonly showing your ankle in broad daylight at the Regency Tea Room -- and showing it to a bald man with a parrot on his shoulder, like one of The Countess' infamous pirates -- prepare to be shunned by the finer folk in PTV society. I bid you NO GOOD DAY, MADAM!" (and then @Jextella  tracks down my blackmailer, saves my virtue, and gets all the dresses!) 

Thanks for the laugh, StewedSquash (btw, you have a light touch and ALL the diplomacy sadly lacking in any of those housewives :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8

How come Tom is called a gold digger but no one is allowed to say shit about Adam who clearly is a gold digger? I don't think he's had a real job since that day he was lured away by Carole's millions and dreams of fame and cookbooks from Luann's kitchen. What job or position has he held since? All we've seen him do for the past 2 years is ride her around on his handle bars and get bought expensive camera equipment so he can jet away to Africa and ignore Carole on camera when they're not discussing their inevitable break-up. He's cooked for her a few times on camera and that's it.  We don't hear about him chefing for private parties or anything. His kickstarter failed which is interesting since his gf is supposedly worth millions. He's going to be featured on an upcoming Chopped which I'm sure strings were pulled to get him on. There is no cookbook happening which is just weird since she's thinks so highly of herself an this great writer and he's this amazing chef but a barely literate neanderthal Teresa from NJ has authored several? Why is he off limits when the other bf's are fair game for the other HW's wrath?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Ki-in said:

How come Tom is called a gold digger but no one is allowed to say shit about Adam who clearly is a gold digger? I don't think he's had a real job since that day he was lured away by Carole's millions and dreams of fame and cookbooks from Luann's kitchen. What job or position has he held since? All we've seen him do for the past 2 years is ride her around on his handle bars and get bought expensive camera equipment so he can jet away to Africa and ignore Carole on camera when they're not discussing their inevitable break-up. He's cooked for her a few times on camera and that's it.  We don't hear about him chefing for private parties or anything. His kickstarter failed which is interesting since his gf is supposedly worth millions. He's going to be featured on an upcoming Chopped which I'm sure strings were pulled to get him on. There is no cookbook happening which is just weird since she's thinks so highly of herself an this great writer and he's this amazing chef but a barely literate neanderthal Teresa from NJ has authored several? Why is he off limits when the other bf's are fair game for the other HW's wrath?

Adam's family owns a decently sized independent office supply business in Iowa. He may be getting help from his folks, but it's probably not enough for him to diletante all over the globe. I looked at his website some time ago and it gave me the impression that he doesn't chef to pay his bills. His website sort of implies that he makes his money as a personal trainer who provides some nutrition counseling for his clients. When you compare Adam's website to the websites of other chefs who have turned up on Bravo (Chef Roble and Chef Ben Robinson), it's clear how much is lacking on Adam's. Ben and Roble's have recipes, sample menus, and testimonials. 

In the finale when Bravo said the cookbook was on hold, it made me wonder what the issue was. No interest from the publisher? Probably. Carole procrastinating on writing her pages? Possibly, but doubtful. I scanned through some of my cookbooks and I don't think any of them had more than 30 non-recipe pages. That's not a ton of pages and they would likely be autobiographical stories about Carole, Adam, and food. Carole is actually quite good at that type of thing. I loved her Glamour interviews and I mostly hate Glamour. I think that those interviews could be revived and have a home on Viceland or Esquire. I suspect the real issue with the cookbook is Adam. Anytime they talk about the cookbook, Adam seems indifferent at best.  I also don't think he has a ton of his own recipes written and what he does have written is probably substantially similar to lots of other recipes and cookbooks. I know that you can't copyright recipes, but it seems like it would be poor form to lift someone else's recipe verbatim. This cookbook increasingly reminds me of Phaedra trying to steer Apollo to legitimate businesses.

One final note on Adam. He really should be a food stylist. His pictures of his food are gorgeous.

Teresa had a cowriter for her books. It's probably not as egregious as I, Tina as told to Kurt Loder, which gave the distinct impression that a series of phone calls were the basis for Tina Turner's "autobiography."

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 2:26 PM, shoegal said:

Offense for me but not for thee?  LOL.  As a childfree woman by choice, I'm kind of offended by all this judgment about having children/not having children.  Offense for everyone! 

Don't be offended by me, I could care less whether or not someone chooses to have a child.  It is like publicly stating pro-choice or pro-life.  You make the decision to support one side or the other.  One should not be offended when their choices are called out.

The only time I am bothered by the motherhood question is when one person claims to love their children more or be a better mother.  The rest is white noise to me.  Oh and I didn't like when Bethenny was pregnant and Patty Stanger said, "any cow can have a child."  That to me was unnecessary.   Bethenny was pregnant really wanted a baby-be happy for her. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Who said he is off limits? Is there something to indicate that the others have issues with him? That they are secretly burning with anger or resentment and are just keeping mum, because that is what "off limits" suggests. That they want to talk about him but cannot. Is there evidence they all think Adam is a gold digger? If there is, I've not seen it. Even with Lu at the height of her bitchiness, she had no harsh words for Adam. She has always said he is lovely. Dorinda fawned all over him in her first blog of the season. Carole might have some money, but is there information out there that this is some sort of a pattern with him? Because that is the allegation being thrown at Tom. That this is what he does. I know of no information that suggests that Adam has such a pattern. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

.  Oh and I didn't like when Bethenny was pregnant and Patty Stanger said, "any cow can have a child."  That to me was unnecessary.   Bethenny was pregnant really wanted a baby-be happy for her. 

Wow! I had no idea Patti Stanger said that to Bethenny (or anybody for that matter). How awful. I can't stand Betheny however, that comment is pretty crass and low.

But that is Patti Stanger. Her "Schtick" is saying outrageous things to people. I don't mind Carole and Adam together...i cant tell if it's real, but both of them seem like they have very calm energy and that works real well sometimes in relationships.

And I want to thank whomever it was upthread that posted the link to LIpStickAlley. Geez, that website (re: the real housewives) was like sinking into a big juicy prime rib (or better yet, a big piece of shark meat!)

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 0:53 PM, Ki-in said:

How come Tom is called a gold digger but no one is allowed to say shit about Adam who clearly is a gold digger?

Are these "no ones" the Housewives or us here on PTV?

Assuming it's the former my assumption is that the wives are more than "allowed" to say what they want about Adam - unless there is some stipulation in Carole's contract that I am not privy to. And perhaps they DID say things while cameras were rolling and the Bravo editors chose not to include that footage. 

Or - perhaps the more likely reason is that people don't see Carole and Adam's relationship in that light.  He's fine financially and she isn't mega-super wealthy. 

Now, whether or not he's with Carole partly for the boost to his career -- well that remains TBD at this juncture (for me). I would love to err on the side of "love" and say no way.  But the cynical side of me says.... maybe.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:
  19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

.  Oh and I didn't like when Bethenny was pregnant and Patty Stanger said, "any cow can have a child."  That to me was unnecessary.   Bethenny was pregnant really wanted a baby-be happy for her. 

2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Wow! I had no idea Patti Stanger said that to Bethenny (or anybody for that matter). How awful. I can't stand Betheny however, that comment is pretty crass and low.

Yet not as crass nor as low as many of Bethy's whorefuckdoll type nonstop comments.

And we who followed Bethy from Housewife to BEA were treated to the delightful scene of actually being able to follow Bethy into the bathroom so we could watch her pee on the stick. That was, to me, also pretty crass and low.

That's pretty much when she lost me.

and oops this is the Carole thread. She and Adam looked nice at the fiesta. Wonder if the vegetarian ceviche was ordered for him.

Did Carole grovel for the pinata contents? 

• Love 2

I'll say it again in this thread.  Adam and his new haircut are gay.  I had a light bulb moment when I first listened to a few words he said.  Even if I'm totally wrong, something faux is going on.   I think it would be hilarious if Carole went out on a date with a John the Dry Cleaner type of guy.

• Love 1

It was like a mother showing off her son in his first big boy suit with long pants and his big boy haircut. Maybe she saved a lock of his hair for his baby book.

I don't know about him being gay but I think he's a kept man. I don't think he's had a real job since that day in Lu's kitchen. Although I will say he's working hard for every penny having to deal with her bitch attitude and Cryptkeeper face. Oh, but her body is perfect because, you know, she keeps reminding us.

She also thinks she's smarter than everyone else. Well, if she's so smart tell me why she bought a cashmere coat for avegan? She has been with a guy for how long now and knows nothing about his lifestyle and the philosophy behind it. She is so self absorbed I doubt she listens to anything he says. Actually we she doesn't listen to him when he is in distress and needs to talk about his ptsd from his plane wreck she tells him to stfu because her 20yo "trauma" of knowing people who died is more important than being there for the man in her life. Who does that except someone with no compassion or feelings, she is emotionally stunted and barren. 

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 6
On 8/29/2016 at 2:21 PM, chenoa333 said:

And I want to thank whomever it was upthread that posted the link to LIpStickAlley. Geez, that website (re: the real housewives) was like sinking into a big juicy prime rib (or better yet, a big piece of shark meat!)

Yes! That site has been the cause of my death and resurrection too many times to count!

I actually thought Adam and Carole had a nice compatible vibe last season. They just had a similar vibe and had an ease about them that made them make sense for some weird reason. Adam was never the effusive type on screen but he seemed engaged with Carole back then. This season... not so much.  It don't know if it is just him or the two of them or maybe just the doldrums of relationships that have hit 1 year + but it seems a bit off. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Yes! That site has been the cause of my death and resurrection too many times to count!

I actually thought Adam and Carole had a nice compatible vibe last season. They just had a similar vibe and had an ease about them that made them make sense for some weird reason. Adam was never the effusive type on screen but he seemed engaged with Carole back then. This season... not so much.  It don't know if it is just him or the two of them or maybe just the doldrums of relationships that have hit 1 year + but it seems a bit off. 

I think all of that handlebar riding and ping pong dates were for show and the magic fizzled out fast and he got bored but she got attached. But Adam was promised cookbooks and he was showered with expensive camera equipment and allowed to take trips without her so I think he's staying around for the financial perks. I don't think he's had a real job since he hooked up with her so I doubt he's going anywhere as long as the gravy train is flowing and he's getting tv exposure.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

I'll say it again in this thread.  Adam and his new haircut are gay.  I had a light bulb moment when I first listened to a few words he said.  Even if I'm totally wrong, something faux is going on.   I think it would be hilarious if Carole went out on a date with a John the Dry Cleaner type of guy.

Unless those words were "Hey, so I'm gay"....I don't think that's how it works.  

• Love 13

I know it'll go down in history as one of the most hated reunion looks of all-time, but I LOVED Carole's look at the reunion. I felt it was very couture and I loved the hair and overall look on her. I initially liked her style, but the past couple seasons she's looked pretty dull so I was impressed. I'm just glad the blonde hair is gone.

• Love 2

Grudging compliment: I thought her hair and makeup were the best she ever looked but I just disliked the dress. I'm one that feels that ruffles should be used sparingly and the fact that it was the color of old bras didn't help in the least. I didn't think it was either too youthful or matronly, I just flat out didn't like it and have doubts that anyone could make that dress sing. 

Jules won the best overall reunion look hands down. 

• Love 11
On 8/31/2016 at 0:36 PM, shoegal said:

Unless those words were "Hey, so I'm gay"....I don't think that's how it works.  

Yeah, I don't like the use of gay as an implied pejorative, which, intent or not, that's how the comment came across. 

Plus, I didn't know haircuts had a sexual orientation.

• Love 8

I was never on the ghostwriter train until I read threads with Carole's blog posts in them.  WTF?   People, all people, make mistakes but her grammar is atrocious.  The incorrect use of "I" makes me stabby.  People don't talk about Adam and I, Carole.  People talk about Adam and me.  Jeebus.

I was sent an advance copy of The Widow's Guide before release.  I thought my brain would explode or just shrivel up from boredom.  I couldn't be arsed to finish it. 

As a child-free, free range adult, I don't take offense to asking what Carole does all day.  Because I have wondered.  She's clearly not writing anything.  Or faux writing anything.  Does being on a co-op board take up that much time?  She is up Bethenny's ass so I imagine that's consuming in every way possible.  In all seriousness though, she should be monetizing the RHONY connection as much as possible.  If she's not going to write, or possibly have someone write for her, she'd better start her own business.  Apartment redesign?  (Kitchens are so overrated, you know.)  Animal shelter?  Dating service?   Gourmet hot dogs?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I was never on the ghostwriter train until I read threads with Carole's blog posts in them.  WTF?   People, all people, make mistakes but her grammar is atrocious.  The incorrect use of "I" makes me stabby.  People don't talk about Adam and I, Carole.  People talk about Adam and me.  Jeebus.

I was sent an advance copy of The Widow's Guide before release.  I thought my brain would explode or just shrivel up from boredom.  I couldn't be arsed to finish it. 

As a child-free, free range adult, I don't take offense to asking what Carole does all day.  Because I have wondered.  She's clearly not writing anything.  Or faux writing anything.  Does being on a co-op board take up that much time?  She is up Bethenny's ass so I imagine that's consuming in every way possible.  In all seriousness though, she should be monetizing the RHONY connection as much as possible.  If she's not going to write, or possibly have someone write for her, she'd better start her own business.  Apartment redesign?  (Kitchens are so overrated, you know.)  Animal shelter?  Dating service?   Gourmet hot dogs?

I will admit to being a novice about writing/publishing but.....don't editors fix grammar? 

The way Carole explained writing What Remains, she spent a weekend with her sister in law and her SIL asked her questions about her life, marriage, the deaths, etc. and Carole answered.....it was like 20 hours of tape that was transcribed and was like 180 pages.  That served as the framework for the book, then she said she spent I think like 4 years rewriting and rewriting and rewriting and sending the drafts out to be read by others.  I figure the correct usage of I and me would get corrected by someone in that process.  That doesn't equal a ghostwriter IMO. 

This is why Aviva is the biggest bitch in all of RH history IMO, because she did something to Carole that will stick to her FOREVER.  Aviva, the woman who wrote a book in like a day and claimed to have done it all by herself, took away years and years of work that Carole did.  Fuck that. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, shoegal said:

That served as the framework for the book, then she said she spent I think like 4 years rewriting and rewriting and rewriting and sending the drafts out to be read by others.  I figure the correct usage of I and me would get corrected by someone in that process. 

That is how an "as told to book" is put together. That she has no gift for written language is evident in her blog posts. Besides her constant grammar mistakes, her writing is broken and stilted in construction. She simply is not a writer, but any definition. That her publisher  handed over the tapes to be edited and polished by a professional is standard operating procedure for someone with an interesting story that can be marketed, but who does not have the skills to produce the work herself. Yes, it is "her" story, but the person who did the work shaping the story in book form often is willing to forgo a byline in exchange for money. A famous example currently is Donald Trump who never wrote "The Art of the Deal"...the man who did was willing to write it and forgo a byline in exchange for a cut of the profits. Celebrity books are usually produced in exactly this way. 

And yes, Aviva was right. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Then why did it take 4 years to write and why did the advance copy referenced above look as bad as it did?

There are 2 different books being discussed -from what I gather "What Remains", her first book, is the one that took 4 years to write.   I read that book before Carole was even on HW and thought it well-written.

The advance copy book being reference is her second(?) book, "Widows Guide to Dating" (or something like that).  That book I never read. 

Does anyone remember ever reading or hearing the rumor (and I may have seen it on FameWhorgas) that Carole used to comment on her own Bravo blog posts, but as someone else (reminiscent of Jill Zarin reviewing her own book on Amazon lol).  Supposedly that is the reason why Bravo cut off blog comments.   Just wondering if anyone else heard this?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Knuckles said:

That is how an "as told to book" is put together. That she has no gift for written language is evident in her blog posts. Besides her constant grammar mistakes, her writing is broken and stilted in construction. She simply is not a writer, but any definition. That her publisher  handed over the tapes to be edited and polished by a professional is standard operating procedure for someone with an interesting story that can be marketed, but who does not have the skills to produce the work herself. Yes, it is "her" story, but the person who did the work shaping the story in book form often is willing to forgo a byline in exchange for money. A famous example currently is Donald Trump who never wrote "The Art of the Deal"...the man who did was willing to write it and forgo a byline in exchange for a cut of the profits. Celebrity books are usually produced in exactly this way. 

And yes, Aviva was right. 

That's not how it happened.  At that point, there was absolutely no publisher and they didn't even have a deal or idea of how it might be a book.  Carole tells about how she realized she needed to talk about what happened and get it all out and preserved because a) she had never really talked about it so it was cathartic and b) she was terrified of forgetting things and that felt like losing them again.  The tapes were transcribed by a friend as a favor, transcribed just meaning typed word for word.  I believe "as told to" books are when you tell someone your story and they take quotes or pieces of what you say, but then basically write a book for you, like we saw LuAnn doing with her writer for Class with the Countess.  Getting the framework of the story down orally, timelines, events, some thoughts and feelings and then spending years writing and rewriting it does not constitute a ghostwriter.  A typist who transcribes word for word is not a ghostwriter, or else Siri is ghostwriting my text messages. 

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5

Carole did something fairly brilliant, she had a novel in the works, got on a reality franchise whose stars had produced several NY Times best sellers and made her novel a desirable buy.  I am certain the lucky winner of the bidding war probably received some grief when her novel bombed.  I believe Carole also sold the TV rights, and after bragging she would be an active part of the production the project went nowhere.  Carole made a lot of comments about Bravo's A Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce,  responding to those on Twitter that thought the show was a rip off of her novel.  Carole failed to point out there has been a Girlfriend's Guide series of books out for quite sometime.

Do I think Carole had a ghostwriter, for her first book?  Not in the true sense but I do believe she had a few generous mentors that helped her along the way.  I still question why it takes a full time writer four and five years to write a book.  Originally, I thought maybe she was just meticulous in her process but after her scrapping the last two projects I am thinking she lacks either discipline or confidence.  The Bookgate storyline was almost the demise of the NY franchise.  Writers who research and write about interesting or activity based books or in the case of Kelly Bensimon, bikinis, have a far better chance of their writing process being something worth watching.  Unfortunately for Adam and Carole there just isn't a lot of interest in watermelon radish entrees, or watching how the gro-light box works in growing at home micro-greens.

• Love 4