Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Thanks for this link, Vicky.   https://www.anxiety.org/hypochondriasis-replaced-by-two-new-disorders-in-dsm-5

I think defining SSD as separate from hypochondria has come to be because of the focus on health and the "natural" supplement industry. Dr Oz's popularity and subsequent wealth is built on informing the public of what they can do for malaise of any kind imagined or not.  There is a hyper vigilance afoot and has grown to include herbs and treatments around the world.  

On FB this morning something new was discovered and i bet Yo will have this fungus, wait for it!  

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/45153/title/The-Mycobiome/

• Love 6

^^

Thanks for this comprehensive explanation.

So in short, it is common for LD sufferers to have co-morbid diseases as well and long but unnecessary rounds of antibiotics.

You're welcome and I hope it helped. It gets pretty dense and I tried to edit down to be more readable.

If they actually had LD and were properly treated and compliant with treatment (and had it IV or good GI absorption) and they still have complaints after a year or so then it maybe due to co-morbid diseases like depression and/or it could be post-treatment-lyme-syndrome or other. More than a month of treatment seems to cause more harm and no help (according to the scientific evidence). Never underestimate the PLACEBO effect.

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and have to remind myself that people can have

common presentations of common diseases

common presentations of uncommon diseases

uncommon presentations of common diseases

and uncommon presentations of uncommon diseases

I also think Yolanda is a public health threat in that she spews misinformation in a situation that is already cloudy thanks to all the quacks and flakes out there.

Thanks for this link, Vicky.   https://www.anxiety.org/hypochondriasis-replaced-by-two-new-disorders-in-dsm-5

I think defining SSD as separate from hypochondria has come to be because of the focus on health and the "natural" supplement industry. Dr Oz's popularity and subsequent wealth is built on informing the public of what they can do for malaise of any kind imagined or not.  There is a hyper vigilance afoot and has grown to include herbs and treatments around the world.  

On FB this morning something new was discovered and i bet Yo will have this fungus, wait for it!  

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/45153/title/The-Mycobiome/

So true!!

Yolanda already had Candida (yeast infections from overuse of antibiotic...an imbalance she created by overuse of antibiotics which threw off the normal homeostasis between our body's yeast to bacteria ratio)! She is a trend-setter and ahead of the curve on this one! lol

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 7

I have never believed Yolanda. That was my gut feeling at first, but because of all of her lies I am now convinced that she is faking all of this. The lies, and also that she had every resource under the sun at her disposal, (a comment a while back wondering why she didn't go to actual Lyme experts on the east coast that have more experience with Lyme than anyone else has always stuck with me,) but instead chooses again and again to work with quacks.

But why?  Why does a person so want to be sick that they actually fake it?

Attention is certainly part of it, but I think, in Yolanda's case, it has much more to do with her manipulative nature. She thinks that nobody will question a woman that is near death. That gives her complete freedom to say and do whatever she feels like and to control whoever she wants to. She controls all the other housewives, Andy, and boatloads of viewers because they are afraid to say how they really feel and she KNOWS it. That's why she became furious with the Lisas. How DARE they go off script? 

• Love 8

Oh Zoeysmom, I should have clarified, the book was published in 2003, but the collection of writings in it are things written at all kinds of times, and ages,  diaries, funerals, commencement addresses, etc.  I completely forgot I had it.  I have to check and see if she's published anything new.  If you like her books, you'll like this collection, especially because she talks about her real life grandmother, and her mom, who were the models for a few of her characters, from carrying the twins escaping the Japanese, to the 4th wife who ate opium to die after being raped by the man who made her his concubine.  Also it's wonderful about the writing process, and how we classify authors, subtle racism in reviews, her marriage, some crazy childhood and adult stories.  It was good.  Which is why I stayed up all night.  Ha.

I have to say, I'm enjoying Yo's no make up look on the show.  I don't care WHY she's doing it, but it's cool to see someone on a housewife show without the stage makeup and just looking like a normal woman.  She really needs to 86 those white jeans though.  They were a good look for her, but not in every single scene!

I love Amy Tan--haven't followed her in a while, but her writing is wonderful, and she always struck me as a truth-teller, and a non-sensational kind of woman. Even reading the essay about Lyme on her website, she doesn't strike me as an exaggerator. My inclination would be to take her at her word. Plus, I kinda love her Instagram! 

Given that it's been a while since I followed her career, I had no idea she was suffering the effects of Lyme Disease. Thanks for bringing her up.

*** And now it totally makes sense why a friend heard her speak at a chronic illness event! 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 2

I also think Yolanda is a public health threat in that she spews misinformation in a situation that is already cloudy thanks to all the quacks and flakes out there.

I would like to think that this is why I want her to be discredited, but a large part of it is that I just so dislike her.

• Love 6

I love Amy Tan--haven't followed her in a while, but her writing is wonderful, and she always struck me as a truth-teller, and a non-sensational kind of woman. Even reading the essay about Lyme on her website, she doesn't strike me as an exaggerator. My inclination would be to take her at her word. Plus, I kinda love her Instagram! 

Given that it's been a while since I followed her career, I had no idea she was suffering the effects of Lyme Disease. Thanks for bringing her up.

*** And now it totally makes sense why a friend heard her speak at a chronic illness event! 

I believe her as well.  Her career and marriage were going great, she'd never been sick, and she's one of the unlucky ones.  She's also thrilled to be doing better now from the sound of that. 

There are also several strains of Lyme, and time until treatment really does seem to matter.  I'm hoping for the best for my friend, who is being treated by an excellent, non-woo-woo internist at a prestigious hospital, who has actually done research and attended continuing education and seminars about Lyme.  I don't think we currently know the half of it, since so many patients are not even tested, even when the symptoms are as severe as hers.  The CDC has been updating numbers of Lyme cases, I think it's because MDs are finally realizing it's a problem.

• Love 2

I also don't think her ruptured implants caused any of her symptoms that she complains about.

Adverse publicity about a possible link between silicone implants and autoimmune diseases (despite the lack of substantive evidence) led to a moratorium on their use in 1992. Epidemiologic studies and a meta-analysis failed to support a causative relationship, leading the American College of Rheumatology to conclude in 1995 that silicone implants expose patients to no demonstrable additional risk for connective tissue or rheumatologic disease.
After extensive review of the data and a report from the Institute of Medicine, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also concluded that there was no convincing evidence linking silicone implants with connective tissue disease. Restrictions on their use were lifted in 2006

This why they are used in breast reconstructive surgery in post-mastectomy patients!

• Love 6

I would like to see Yo discredited for her inconsistencies.  She is not faking anything; she is dramatizing EVERYTHING.  What the everything is, she doesn't know for sure, nor do her doctors.  The quacks do though and are charging her a pretty penny for "treatments."

Come on LVP, stay with what annoys you.  You started the conversation, now it is time to finish it.  Munchie munchie housen dousen is brought up again next week.  

This is all I want.  I do not ask for much.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 13

I also don't think her ruptured implants caused any of her symptoms that she complains about.

Adverse publicity about a possible link between silicone implants and autoimmune diseases (despite the lack of substantive evidence) led to a moratorium on their use in 1992. Epidemiologic studies and a meta-analysis failed to support a causative relationship, leading the American College of Rheumatology to conclude in 1995 that silicone implants expose patients to no demonstrable additional risk for connective tissue or rheumatologic disease.

After extensive review of the data and a report from the Institute of Medicine, the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also concluded that there was no convincing evidence linking silicone implants with connective tissue disease. Restrictions on their use were lifted in 2006

This why they are used in breast reconstructive surgery in post-mastectomy patients!

Yolanda, master of misinformation, told Rinna should would know about her implants when it hit her brain.  I can't stand bad science or medicine.  So I think Yolanda thinks the silicone hit her brain.

• Love 7

Thanks for the link.  It makes sense.  I found the title of this article on the site interesting?  Are You Cheating On Your Partner?  It May Make Your Anxiety worse.  All I can say is, "ya think?'

• Love 5

Yo reminds me so much of Christine Maggiore, an activist and author who in the 90's espoused that HIV did not cause AIDS. She had eminent scientist /physicians on her side including Peter Duesberg, a world renowned molecular biologist and Kary Mullis who won a Nobel prize for discovering PCR. She used similar arguments to Yo that testing was inaccurate that Big Pharm was behind keeping people sick and that the established medical community could not be trusted. She had many followers and wrote a successful book "What if everything you know about AIDS is wrong?". Like Yo she was open with her "journey" and encouraged those diagnosed with HIV to go off retrovirals and pursue a holistic approach. She went on to have two children whom she breastfed (despite being warned she could infect her children) and refused to have them tested for HIV. Unlike Yo she was very articulate and brilliant . She is heavily featured in the Documentary House of numbers http://youtu.be/BwgmzbnckII

Last I heard her three year old daughter died of AIDS as had she. I don't known what happened to her husband and son ( off to google) . She wanted so very much not to be sick just as much as Yo wants to have neurological Lymes Disease. I think they both have so much invested that it's hard to turn back.

Almost forgot she is in this doc toohttp://youtu.be/0dVYJp5dHf8

Her husband directed and produced it.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 9

That woman was also a basis for a Law & Order episode.

Really??? I would love to see that. In the spirit of total honesty I had a girl crush on her once upon a time. I thought she was brilliant and so brave. It was shocking and heartbreaking when she and her daughter succumbed to AIDS. I also hate junk science and as flawed as our system may be, I trust it more than any other system in the world.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 4

Really??? I would love to see that. In the spirit of total honesty I had a girl crush on her once upon a time. I thought she was brilliant and so brave. It was shocking and heartbreaking when she and her daughter succumbed to AIDS. I also hate junk science and as flawed as our system may be, I trust it more than any other system in the world.

Here is the episode-Martin Mull and of course my big crush Christopher Meloni  gave outstanding performances.  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1248638/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_23

• Love 2

I don't think Yolanda is comparable to AIDS deniers. Yolanda believes her disease exists, but is massively under diagnosed. She's all for treatment. All treatments all at once.

I wonder if her nuttery is worthy of an SVU episode. It'll be Johanna Hassan, former Swedish model and reality star suspected of poisoning her son with new age woo. It girl model daughter "Gogo" will have to make a choice about testifying against mommy.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8

I don't think Yolanda is comparable to AIDS deniers. Yolanda believes her disease exists, but is massively under diagnosed. She's all for treatment. All treatments all at once.

I wonder if her nuttery is worthy of an SVU episode. It'll be Johanna Hassan, former Swedish model and reality star suspected of poisoning her son with new age woo. It girl model daughter "Gogo" will have to make a choice about testifying against mommy.

I think the comparison is that Yolanda has turned her back on conventional Western Medicine/science and instead ran into the arms of quacks using hocus pocus potions that cost a fortune and she is leading others down that path with her.

And Daisy will play herself of course since she IS an actress! LOL

• Love 9

To get there-there needs to be a sexual crime.  Johanna Hassan's, third husband, Daniel Fister, a famous Muzak conductor, is accused of having sexual relationship with the non-gogo.  Would that make her a no-go?   

Do you think David has at any time said to Mohammed "Dude, you could have warned me!"

Or maybe, "Dude, do you have a return policy?"

• Love 10

Lol I should have said like her on Opposite Day !

• Love 1

When YO was getting into the limo w/Kyle, there was the usual discussion "you look nice.  oh no you look nice", etc. but Yo said she wasn't sure what she was wearing, she grabbed it out of GIGI's closet.  Hmmmmm.   Gigi wears a size 4, and there is no way YO is that size.  She could maybe fit into one of Gigi's jackets or sweaters (Yo likes things tight), but a jumpsuit???? 

• Love 2

I don't know if this woman is sick or ill or whatever and, truly, I don't care. All I know is she's not likable anymore and I once really liked her. Sickness is not good for a silly reality TV show. It's a downer, it's messy, and it's not what I look for in escapist television. I think she should have her journey elsewhere and let's get back to the crappy show I love. I hope she's on her way out....on the show. Not in real life. I wish her the best but she's not a good time and I can see sickness everyday in my mother's nursing home. I don't want to see it on Bravo.

I don't know about that. I think stories of illness can have their place on silly reality TV shows. Both Pedro Zamorra and Diem Brown told compelling uplifting stories on their reality shows. Both stories ended in their deaths, but I and the shows were better for having their stories told. The difference is that both Diem and Pedro were nice people. Yolanda is a self absorbed entitled ass. Diem and Pedro told their stories to share and enlighten people. They wanted people to learn, but they didn't demand. What we're seeing from Yolanda is her narcissism not her illness. She talks constantly about her brain not working and not being able to walk because she wants to punish the women for, what she feels, insufficiently supporting her through her illness.

The other issue with Yolanda is that she got sick in her 40s. I think she thinks that when she's better she'll go back to feeling like 40s Yolanda and not 50s Yolanda going through menopause who had leaky breast implants.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 12

To get there-there needs to be a sexual crime. Johanna Hassan's, third husband, Daniel Fister, a famous Muzak conductor, is accused of having sexual relationship with the non-gogo. Would that make her a no-go?

Or maybe, "Dude, do you have a return policy?"

Maybe David has a prenup with Mohammed :-D One in which he will take him under his wing again and provide him with room and board in one of Mohammed's hidden rooms.

• Love 4

When YO was getting into the limo w/Kyle, there was the usual discussion "you look nice.  oh no you look nice", etc. but Yo said she wasn't sure what she was wearing, she grabbed it out of GIGI's closet.  Hmmmmm.   Gigi wears a size 4, and there is no way YO is that size.  She could maybe fit into one of Gigi's jackets or sweaters (Yo likes things tight), but a jumpsuit????

Does Gigi even have a room and closet wherever Yolanda is living now? Gigi lives in NY. Maybe she has a few boxes at Yolanda's, or some stuff in storage. I think Yolanda has a room dedicated as a shrine to Gigi, ready and waiting for her to visit. Anwar may have a room also. I suspect Bella has an air mattress she has to pump up herself when she visits.

Anyway, I doubt Gigi keeps much in any closet in Yolanda's new home. I think Yolanda is using the closet in Gigi's room for her own clothes. She probably keeps most of her non-white-Jean clothes in there. So she wasn't lying when she said she got her outfit from Gigi's closet. It's classic Yolanda double-speak.

• Love 15

I thought Yo talked about wearing Gigi's green jacket/hoodie, but not positive.

• Love 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3455643/Anwar-Hadid-16-signs-IMG-Models-just-like-big-sisters-Gigi-Bella.htm

Yolanda's biggest non-lyme disease related dreams have come true!  Another model signing of a non-Gigi!

So he is a high school student with a full time job and battling incurable Lyme Disease?  What is wrong with these people?  The Daily Mail had it right - nepotism.  I don't see Anwar as all the hot-just conceited.  Yolanda just makes me nuts.  With her failing health who will be accompanying him on photo shoots.

Another yummy treat from Yolanda:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCB5HnNos7k/?taken-by=yolandahfoster

And another slap in the face to the rest of the world: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCAiFMwIs86/?taken-by=yolandahfoster  It is about people loving her unconditionally.  No Yolanda, that is reserved for your children.

• Love 11

So he is a high school student with a full time job and battling incurable Lyme Disease?  What is wrong with these people?  The Daily Mail had it right - nepotism.  I don't see Anwar as all the hot-just conceited.  Yolanda just makes me nuts.  With her failing health who will be accompanying him on photo shoots.

Another yummy treat from Yolanda:  https://www.instagram.com/p/BCB5HnNos7k/?taken-by=yolandahfoster

And another slap in the face to the rest of the world: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCAiFMwIs86/?taken-by=yolandahfoster  It is about people loving her unconditionally.  No Yolanda, that is reserved for your children.

They are all soldiers, Zoeysmom.  :)

• Love 4

Well, from the back, that outfit looked horrible.  Also, I think at the time she was going back and forth between the Malabu house and David's condo.  In any case, habitual liar Yo may well have just said that just so that we can be reminded of, you know, Gigi..... 

• Love 8

Wait, I thought Yolanda claimed she was raised on a farm? Anyone raised on a farm knows about using bones (beef) to make the best, most favorable beef broth! LOL 

• Love 5

Yolanda is absolutely comparable to AIDS deniers - not with respect to directly correlative architecture of theses/philosophies but to the harmfulness and transparent lunacy of those theses. Even the distinction of totally disparate political ideologies can be become blurred (as with facism and communism in totalitarian states) when they are taken to their furthest extremes. Yolanda has linked herself and stridently promotes a "doctor" who is either monstrously exploitative or mentally ill himself - she is thus championing by proxy premises like "chronic Lyme" (because the Klinghardt interpretation of the disease is so expansive and punctuated with embellishment that it strays from the form recognized by most medical professionals) is sexually transmittable and can be caused by the proximity of sleeping chambers to microwaves or that the CDC (is the government proper involved, too, maybe even presidents themselves) is either basically guilty of collective depraved-heart negligence or deliberate malfeasance. She herself has confidently asserted that Lyme is more prevalent than pre-treatment-era AIDS, a malady that has claimed millions of lives. This is baldly insane stuff, and certainly no less disturbing or Kafkaesque than the idea that world governments created AIDS to eradicate blacks; that Gardasil causes retardation in adolescents; that vaccines actually imperil health: or that AIDS is a myth. All my subjective take of course.

• Love 14

Another example of Yo copying and pasting from other websites verbatim with no back up proof. 

Here you go Yo.  This what some nutritional experts are saying about bone broth and it's true value:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/02/10/384948585/taking-stock-of-bone-broth-sorry-no-cure-all-here

• Love 5

Would the Hadid kids be getting the modeling gigs if Yolanda had not been on RHoBH? I'd never heard of Yolanda before she came on this show. I sort of seriously doubt her kids would be models if not for this show.

Which makes me think it was the sole reason for Yolanda signing up for this in the first place. David probably realized it right away, it wasn't for promoting his career. It was for her and Mohamed's kids.

• Love 13

Not sure if this was mentioned upthread but Bella got the March cover of Allure. Well, a cover - I think there is a number of variations as I spotted Naomi Campbell on another. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride: the mag seems to be on its last legs and is, of course, small potatoes compared to Paris Vogue.

• Love 1

And another slap in the face to the rest of the world: https://www.instagram.com/p/BCAiFMwIs86/?taken-by=yolandahfoster  It is about people loving her unconditionally.  No Yolan

da, that is reserved for your children.

Someone tell her about civet coffee....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/16/cat-poop-coffee-taste-test-video_n_3605707.html

That would be right up her alley.

Would the Hadid kids be getting the modeling gigs if Yolanda had not been on RHoBH? I'd never heard of Yolanda before she came on this show. I sort of seriously doubt her kids would be models if not for this show.

Which makes me think it was the sole reason for Yolanda signing up for this in the first place. David probably realized it right away, it wasn't for promoting his career. It was for her and Mohamed's kids.

Gigi has been modeling since she was a kid, barring extreme circumstances, I think she easily could have made a living as a model without RHOBH. But, in my opinion, I don't think she would have shot to stardom as she has without Yolanda's HW title. Or maybe it's the inverse and getting a taste of Yolanda's fame inspired her to work harder in the modeling world. 

Regardless, I definitely think Yo only signed on to promote her children. Mohammed had been on the show previously with no mention of Yo or the kids. I doubt that was going to get anyone a modeling gig. Now I'm not so sure though. I don't see how Yo's storyline this season helps her kids in any way.

• Love 3

I really saw that one throwaway sentence as serving two purposes for her.  First, she said she had no idea what she was wearing, clearly meant to imply that Lyme brain was still in full force and also that she was so ill that she didn't care what she wore.  And then second, of course the mention of Gigi, to get her name out there once again and also so that no one will ever forget that she is Gigi's mother.

It's all bullshit, IMO.  It's pretty clear that she has been paying careful attention to her appearance, picking and choosing when she wants to look ill and exhausted, and when she doesn't.   I don't believe for a minute that she had no idea what she was wearing, even if she didn't mean it literally but rather that it was so inconsequential to her that she had forgotten what she had on.  Sorry, Yo.  I'm not buying that.  At all.

And I don't know or care if it belonged to Gigi or came out of Gigi's closet, but I think it's likely that she was wearing her very own clothing.  What would be the reason to wear something belonging to her daughter when she certainly has a wardrobe of her own?  It's not like she had run out of clean clothes, and was too sick to do laundry.  I'm sure Daisy could have taken a break from organizing the medicine closet and helped out with that!   It makes no sense that she would have grabbed something out of Gigi's closet, had no idea what it was, and wore it to a party which she knew damn well was being filmed.  This woman is all about image, and we've never ever seen her in any kind of state in which she would be unable to know what she was wearing.  If she dressed herself, (and even she isn't saying that Daisy has to dress her!),  then she knew what she was wearing.  I think that in every scene in this show, every photo on her Instagram, everything she's ever released to the press, she has put a lot of thought into how she looks.  She's been doing wardrobe, hair, and makeup as though she's playing a role.  Which, IMO, she is.  Sick, brave, suffering, misunderstood Yolanda.  

It astounds me that she says and does all of these transparent things, and doesn't seem to realize that lots of people see right through them.  That was not a casual comment by any means.  It was calculated and meant to convey what she wants us to believe.  Even with overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

• Love 20

It still really bothers me that Yolanda tells the women, while berating them, that she would have killed herself by now if her weren't for her kids having Lyme Disease. That is just so manipulative and repulsive. I'm surprised none of the HWs said anything to her about that comment after she made it.  I can't quite find the thoughts/words on why this comment bothers me so much but it's like she minimizes other people's suffering, trivialized truly suicidal/severely depressed people, places an impossible burden on her kids (you can't get better or I will die).

This "suicidal" comment typifies how Yolanda wallows in her complaints and she doesn't know how truly lucky she is (she is alive, walking, talking, in good health per most doctors except Dr. Klinghardt [who is either crazy and/or scamming her], has a job, has a roof over her head (almonds on her plate), is wealthy, has kids who love her and are healthy, is living a privileged life as are her loved ones, isn't being emotionally/sexually/physically abused from what we can tell, is free [not chained or oppressed])....I could go on an on. Her dismissal of depression, as she says in her speech at one of the lyme conventions and when talking with Kyle, yet holding everyone hostage to her threats (or argument stoppers) of suicide really offends me. Sometimes I have trouble communicating my thoughts (obviously I am not a writer) and in this case my thoughts are kind of jumbled but I just had to put it out there about how much this comment by Yolanda really bothered/angered/offended me.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 24

Ultimately, FroYo is living vicariously through her children and getting the attention now that she never got as a model. I subscribe to Allure and there was a piece on 4 new models, one being a non-Gigi. It mentioned "her mother, 80's model Yolanda Foster". Unfortunately, even in print, non-Gigi can't get away from Gigi because it mentioned her too. No mention of her overcoming LD to become an indemand model. I'm sure mama is salivating and hoping someone wants her to be in a show with all her babies. She'd rebound from her LD REAL quick then.

• Love 8

It still really bothers me that Yolanda tells the women, while berating them, that she would have killed herself by now if her weren't for her kids having Lyme Disease. That is just so manipulative and repulsive. I'm surprised none of the HWs said anything to her about that comment after she made it.  I can't quite find the thoughts/words on why this comment bothers me so much but it's like she minimizes other people's suffering, trivialized truly suicidal/severely depressed people, places an impossible burden on her kids (you can't get better or I will die).

This "suicidal" comment typifies how Yolanda wallows in her complaints and she doesn't know how truly lucky she is (she is alive, walking, talking, in good health per most doctors except Dr. Klinghardt [who is either crazy and/or scamming her], has a job, has a roof over her head (almonds on her plate), is wealthy, has kids who love her and are healthy, is living a privileged life as are her loved ones, isn't being emotionally/sexually/physically abused from what we can tell, is free [not chained or oppressed])....I could go on an on. Her dismissal of depression, as she says in her speech at one of the lyme conventions and when talking with Kyle, yet holding everyone hostage to her threats (or argument stoppers) of suicide really offends me. Sometimes I have trouble communicating my thoughts (obviously I am not a writer) and in this case my thoughts are kind of jumbled but I just had to put it out there about how much this comment by Yolanda really bothered/angered/offended me.

I think Yolanda's defense of her inconsistencies is she will say she was speaking "figuratively", I can't wait to see how she butchers that word.  Of course someone will have to first explain to her it is not about modeling-I think the figure part of the conversation will hang her up.  It may explain away her exaggerations of driving, bed rest, walking, running, cartwheeling but it just doesn't fit with sticking around only to cure her children's Lyme Disease.  Of course if it is imaginary she will never have a cure.

I want her to be called out for calling someone "bi-polar", which the description of Lisar's behavior which she based it on is not reflective of the mental health disorder.  Accusing someone of a mental illness as a base for an insult is offensive.  Especially a mental illness that is the result of a chemical imbalance.  Whose next for Yolanda? 

• Love 11

Frankly, it just shows her ignorance and her total lack of perspective when it comes to herself.

If the best she can do is accuse someone of being bipolar, it just reflects who she is, IMO.

As someone who is intimately familiar with mental illness, I refuse to be insulted by anyone throwing this term as an I insult.

It would be similar as someone calling me a diabetic, what is the insult there....?

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 7

I think Yolanda's defense of her inconsistencies is she will say she was speaking "figuratively", I can't wait to see how she butchers that word.  Of course someone will have to first explain to her it is not about modeling-I think the figure part of the conversation will hang her up.  It may explain away her exaggerations of driving, bed rest, walking, running, cartwheeling but it just doesn't fit with sticking around only to cure her children's Lyme Disease.  Of course if it is imaginary she will never have a cure.

I want her to be called out for calling someone "bi-polar", which the description of Lisar's behavior which she based it on is not reflective of the mental health disorder.  Accusing someone of a mental illness as a base for an insult is offensive.  Especially a mental illness that is the result of a chemical imbalance.  Whose next for Yolanda? 

Her exaggeration of her complaints and/or figurative use of words/phrases like "bedridden", "unable to walk", and "throw myself off the building" minimizes the REAL suffering of those people who are ACTUALLY severely depressed (with suicidal ideation/thoughts/plans, prior attempts), or actually are bedridden (how DARE Yolanda compare herself....does she have someone change her position every two hours, wipe her ass, feed her, etc). Anyone have problems walking, limited mobility, use a walker/cane/wheelchair or confined to a bed or know some who is....anyone every suffer from severe depression or contemplate/attempt suicide in the past or now....  I find her OTT descriptions/comparisons are offensive and repulsive since I have known people with all of these. As someone with health issues,  I just want her to live in my body for a day before she opens her mouth to complain. I realize I haven't walked in her shoes (metaphorically) but she makes it really hard for me to empathize with her. Her minimization/trivialization of people who actually are or have been depressed to the point of being suicidal or near suicide, who are bedridden or are mobility impair or speech impaired is disgusting. She compares herself to the plight of early HIV/AIDS sufferers...what's next---she has it worse then end-stage cancer?

Frankly, it just shows her ignorance and her total lack of perspective when it comes to herself.

If the best she can do is accuse someone of being bipolar, it just reflects who she is, IMO.

As someone who is intimately familiar with mental illness, I refuse to be insulted by anyone throwing this term as an I insult.

It would be similar as someone calling me a diabetic, what is the insult there....?

Yolanda used it as an insult/threat rather than as an attempt to understand someones behavior/condition. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to mental illness. Granted that is lessening but it is still prevalent. Same goes with STDs which despite being so common/prevalent also has a stigma. So does incontinence and yay to Rinna for doing commercials for Depends (they paid a lot due to the stigma). I think most people (not Yolanda) want to be seen as healthy (especially health conscious image conscious people (except YoHa) and don't want the world to think they have bipolar disorder or diabetes.  Yolanda sees mental illness like depression and bipolar disorder as a weakness or controllable flaw (something that a person gives in to and she is to mentally strong to be depression...sure she can feel sad due to divorce or being "ill" but it is just a reaction/effect rather than the cause). 

edit: changed linguistically to speech

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 17

I can't help but think had Yolanda been on the other side of the argument and another one of the HWs messed up the name Munchausen, that we'd be viewing a ten minute lecture on that.

"Munchausen is the doctor's name"

"You are showing tremendous disrespect to the man, and his lifetime of work by mispronouncing it."

"In this day and age, it is very easy to google a name to find out how to correctly pronounce it."

"My children would know to to that"

etc.

etc. 

• Love 14

My mom was bedridden at the end of her life and as her primary caregiver I did have to change her position frequently, as well as take care of other needs. Before she even got that bad, she was unable to do the regular every day things like fix her hair, etc., but she never once complained. She was in excruciating pain and required morphine every 15 minutes at the end. Watching FroYo play victim leaves a sour taste in my mouth, and makes me extremely angry that she is minimizing the pain and suffering ANYONE who has suffered from a deadly, debilitating disease actually experienced. Look at people such as David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Angelina Jolie, and more who have had major health issues and look at how often they called attention to themselves as they suffered. They didn't! Yo is a big, lying, actress, and a bad one at that.

• Love 21

This summer Anwar embarks on his modeling career in NY and turns 17 (age of consent in NY) I am thinking Anwar in the first three months will surpass Erika Jayne as a gay icon.  Since he will be legal no one can be accused of being a pervert.  I just don't see who the target audience is for Anwar, teenager super model.  Teen boys don't exactly gobble men's fashion magazines.  So he is either an accessory to women's clothing or just his own little universe.  I can't imagine that teen girls buy men's clothing.  Maybe sunglasses? 

• Love 7

If Yo has really been confined to bed for the majority of her hours on a daily basis, well then this is why you continue to get weaker. There is a saying in nursing which goes for everyday you stay in bed, you lose two weeks of strength.

Patients have said to me that they thought they would get to rest in the hospital and they have to be educated on the fact that no matter how ill you are, we are going to get you up and moving. Lack of activity can cause pneumonia, blood clots, bowel issues and on and on.

Plus I believe that Yo's body is in too good of shape to confirm that she has been spending all this time in bed.

Anyway the quickest way to end your life is to stop moving. Daisy her nurse should be educating Yo on this.

• Love 13

Gigi was signed to IMG Models before her mother became a "bravolebrity".

Gigi was running with that "in group" pack that included Kendall Jenner and Bieber so I think that got her noticed as much if not more than Yolanda's participation as a RH did.

• Love 4