Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Reads to me like a final blog.  I doubt she'll be back, and I feel bad for her, so much so that as someone who once went to school in Ohio and lived there for a time, I give her a pass on the Ohio comment. 

I gave her a pass, too.  I don't think she will be back either.  For one thing, they moved to LA and the drive would be a hassle for a healthy person.  And why would she want to be part of something so laden with negative energy?  She will want to spend her time going to her girls modeling shows, visiting her mother and brother in Amsterdam and many other things, if she regains her health.  And if not she is close to the airport and that translates more time with David.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6

I didn't get that the Ohio comment was a dig. I thought it was saying that everyone has real people troubles, and she was comparing herself and people from Ohio as equals, not that they were beneath her. 

I agree that she didn't mean it that way.  I think she just pulled the first state that came to her and said it. Thank goodness she didn't say Atlanta!  But I agree, I don't think she meant to say she was better than anybody. 

• Love 4

I generally like Yolanda but she assumes her path is the only path. Perhaps her life lesson is to love people and not judge, for others the lesson maybe to be discerning about who you let into your life or to walk away from abusive situations. I don't like her one size fits all view of life. I do wish her well in her recovery, she clearly is really suffering.

Very good point about different paths and life lessons!

• Love 2

Anyone know where Yo's new home is located - hope she still has inspiring views!

In her blog she says they are in an apt in dowtown LA and has a beautiful view of the city.  

I Took Her Closing To = @ This Point I Am Planning On Coming Back ?!

"Anyway, thank you for supporting our show the way that you have. I hope you continue to tune in for the three-part reunion. I am sending you lots of love from my healing cave and hope to see you all next year.

Remember, character isn’t what you have, it’s who you are...

xoxox

Yo"

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/yolanda-h-foster/yolanda-those-hardest-to-love

• Love 2

In her blog she says they are in an apt in dowtown LA and has a beautiful view of the city.

Thanks - don't know how I missed that. Hope she posts pics when she gets the design how she wants it - loved her other place!
  • Love 2

I just don't understand why she'd want to come back. I guess she's continually hopeful her health will return to what it used to be, but the drama seems like such a strain.

• Love 3

I just don't understand why she'd want to come back. I guess she's continually hopeful her health will return to what it used to be, but the drama seems like such a strain.

She probably feels isolated being so sick for so long - and I get the feeling she thinks of it as a spiritual challenge to interact with the others. In any case, I hope she comes back.

• Love 2

The drive to where? She is closer to everyone know that she isn't out in Malibu.

Nope. I think she's downtown which is pretty much the east side equivalent of Malibu. Downtown traffic is awful. I usually take the subway if I'm headed there but I highly doubt Yolanda is hopping on the LA Metro. I think it's closer for David's work though. I guess it was a good compromise.

• Love 1

I felt badly for her last night.   She desperate seemed to be trying to keep up with the conversation.  Her eyes were closed, or squinting, and you could see she really had to do everything to get out a complete thought.   Bottom line, is I don't think she cares on way or another about Brandi, she just doesn't want any negativity in her life - no turmoil, only quiet.   LisaV was right, she has given BG a pass on her behavior - tried to be kind, and it's only been thrown in her face.  She's done.  She didn't want to get into it with BG, Kim, or the other women.   Her priorities have shifted.  No matter how rich you are, with the exception for the ability to pay for alternative treatment, her life seems very limited, very small.   She just doesn't have the fight in her anymore.  Her focus is on her girls.  Maybe the move to LA was to be closer to dr's, David's work, and Mohammad's house for her son.   

• Love 3

Yolanda's Bravo Blog...Is this a Group Intervention?

There is no doubt that being as sick as Yolanda is gives her a different perspective than in past seasons.  All the down time forced on her has given her time to reflect on her actions/results and those of others. She speaks to her cast mates coming from a place she has not been before, she encourages them to love those least lovable in society.  Such as those that do not follow the socially acceptable paths in life. Those that might shoot from the hip and not think about the consequences of their actions. Haven't we all said something we wish we could use the "delete" key on.  

i agree with her as it pertains to all of them...they all need to be kinder toward each other. I truly feel as if this blog is Yolanda's Intervention on them all including herself.

-excerpt from Yolanda's Bravo Blog, April 1, 2015

yolanda-h-foster.png?itok=jrGGWTLNThose Hardest to Love need love the most...

"All of this brings me back to the reunion. It was nice to see all the girls, even though, for obvious reasons, I have been extremely disconnected and pretty much living on a different planet for now. My overall take on the season is that we must all try to be kinder than necessary, because those hardest to love need love the most.

Some people come into our life as a blessing, while others come into our life as a lesson, so love them for who they are instead of judging them for who they are not.

It's obvious that some of the women’s behavior is a true reflection of how they feel about themselves, and for that, I have great empathy and compassion. The issues at play here are real life struggles, so remaining open to things with which we don’t agree allows us to see that there is always a resolution to a situation if we are willing to make the effort.

Everyone matters, so I don’t feel the need to compete and keep pointing out other people’s imperfections in order to feel better about myself. Since today’s world has enough critics, I choose to be an encourager where possible (while also telling friends what they need to hear, and not just want they want to hear) and treat everyone as if they were what they should be and hopefully help them become what they are capable of becoming.

I think it's important for all of us participating in the Housewife journey to remember that just because someone has inflicted hurt upon us, it does not give us the right to do the same."

But this is the same woman who came up with the 'Dream' team.  And the woman who was very judgmental in previous seasons.

• Love 5
(edited)

But this is the same woman who came up with the 'Dream' team.  And the woman who was very judgmental in previous seasons.

I only printed an excerpt from Yolanda's Bravo Blog.  Here is a paragraph from the full blog. It explains how her disease has given her a "new" perspective. she explains suffering through her illness has changed her.  She has changed her perspective toward life and human beings for the rest of her life.  So any negative behavior is behind her. I happen to believe her...she said during the reunion that she is no longer an 'eye for an eye" person and referred to all her co-workers as the dream team. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/blogs/yolanda-h-foster/yolanda-those-hardest-to-love

-excerpt from Yolanda Foster's Bravo Blog dated April 1, 2015

"Throughout this journey, I have finally, after 51 years, met the true core of my being. I understand pain and suffering in a dimension I never knew existed. I am finding my own strength at its best, yet in the worst time of my life. I am getting to the most raw and vulnerable part of me and it has changed my perspective towards life and human beings for the rest of my life."

Edited by talula
  • Love 2
(edited)

I felt badly for her last night. She desperate seemed to be trying to keep up with the conversation. Her eyes were closed, or squinting, and you could see she really had to do everything to get out a complete thought. Bottom line, is I don't think she cares on way or another about Brandi, she just doesn't want any negativity in her life - no turmoil, only quiet. LisaV was right, she has given BG a pass on her behavior - tried to be kind, and it's only been thrown in her face. She's done. She didn't want to get into it with BG, Kim, or the other women. Her priorities have shifted. No matter how rich you are, with the exception for the ability to pay for alternative treatment, her life seems very limited, very small. She just doesn't have the fight in her anymore. Her focus is on her girls. Maybe the move to LA was to be closer to dr's, David's work, and Mohammad's house for her son.

I agree with everything you've written, especially your final point. There is always much talk about the girls but not so much her son. It's good his dad lives in town. Edited by steelcitysister

I think talula said it better than I ever will but I buy Yolanda's promise to move on. She was definitely a bitch in previous seasons and this is certainly not an apology, but I see a definite change in her. In fact, I don't think it takes an illness for someone to say they want to make a change. If you notice you're behaving like an asshole, stop being such an asshole. I'm probably to forgiving a person, but I won't fault someone for previous shitty actions as long as I see a conscious effort to change.

Yo isn't the first howife to change her tune. Camille came on like the villain of the show and now every time she's on screen she's less calculated, more honest, and frankly easier to stomach. It could be editing, but I'll go so far as to say Kyle's changed a bit too. She's learned to pick her battles since previous seasons. First with Carlton last season and now with Brandi at the reunion. I've seen significantly less finger pointing from her.

Honestly, we should all be growing from our past selves. I've noticed things in my life that I wanted to change and then I did and I've noticed people tend to like me better when I'm not as much of an a-hole. These women have the luxury of seeing their shitty actions reenacted onscreen. It's the best form of self-reflection and I'm honestly shocked that so many of them don't look at themselves on screen and think 'hey, maybe I shouldn't do that bitchy thing anymore" That's probably why Kim and Brandi get so much hate. They have half the nation telling them to knock it off and they never learn.

TL;DR, congrats to Yolanda on her self-reflection. I hope she gets well soon.

• Love 3

I'm sure that being so ill has given Yo a new perspective, it happens. I believe she needed one, I haven't cared for her much and she can lose me with taking the high road up on her high horse. "The ones hardest to love need it the most"  Bwahaha,. sorry to disagree but I'll save my love for those deserving of it. Yo, you are no Mother Theresa. I also resent the implication that she is better than the others because she loves more than they do, they have good cause for their dislike of BG, she has done enough to earn it IMO. Yo has always been "holier than thou" and now being sick she is bullet-proof. A wise friend once told me, referring to my sick Mother who was demanding and driving me insane, "She who is sickest has all the power" and I see it played out over and over, first with Kim and now with Yo.  After all, Kim has many defenders because, well she's sick and her behavior is excused. I can't even imagine the shit storm that would arise from someone upsetting poor, sick Yo.  I loved that she compared BG to a bag of trash lol, yeah BG that's what your friends think of you. Really though, what else are you supposed to do with a bag of trash, Yo?  Keep it on a shelf?  I take mine out and leave or the garbage collectors, it's worked for me.

• Love 12

Sorry, but Yo's sanctimonious self reflection is a bag of half-baked platitudes that can also be taken out to the curb with the trashbag Brandi.  I don't dislike her, but am just not taken with her newfound "wisdom" and "insight" - it sounds too much like the other holistic babble she embraces.  She is neither a saint nor a sage.

• Love 15

I agree with everything you've written, especially your final point. There is always much talk about the girls but not so much her son. It's good his dad lives in town.

Anwar did that one scene, having breakfast with his mom, and it was obvious how much Yo loves him - it may be that he really doesn't want to be part of the reality show thing, so she respects his privacy. He might've done that scene as a favor to her.

• Love 1

Anwar did that one scene, having breakfast with his mom, and it was obvious how much Yo loves him - it may be that he really doesn't want to be part of the reality show thing, so she respects his privacy. He might've done that scene as a favor to her.

Darn, I missed this episode! I'm sure I'll catch a rerun of it sometime in the future. I didn't realize Yo had a son until this season when I read it here.

Darn, I missed this episode! I'm sure I'll catch a rerun of it sometime in the future. I didn't realize Yo had a son until this season when I read it here.

He's a cutie pie and seems close to his mom.

• Love 1

Here's the thing, though: LisaV isn't inflicting any harm on Brandi.  She says she doesn't want to be Brandi's friend.  That's it.  She doesn't wish Brandi harm.  She simply does not want Brandi in her life as a friend anymore and that is her right.  You can have a forgiving spirit without inviting the person to be a part of your life.

My train of thought as well. To remove one's self from a relationship with Brandi that is clearly toxic and brings nothing but grief, doesn't equate to wishing harm on Brandi or judging her. You can love someone from a distant or wish nothing but the best for someone without having to have a relationship with them.  Until YoFo has had a bit of the poison that Brandi has been dishing out to the others, she cannot possibly understand how the women feel. At some point, in any relationship where there is more negativity than positivity, you just have to bow out of it. If it brings you more drama than good, why stay in it? What would it benefit the women to remain friends with Brandi? I am surprised LisaV was friends with Brandi for as long as she was.

• Love 5
(edited)

I believe Yolanda has a different outlook on life now. She has been sick for a long time now. That changes people.

True - she'll always see things differently than she did. Difficult experiences are teachers, but each student learns an individualized lesson.

One of my most important lessons from Lyme was to protect myself from toxic, parasitic beings - and that means people too. Guess I'll never be on this show! lol

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

I agree, she came to the reunion, for such a brief period, to say what she had to say, and who was going to really argue with her?   I do find her attitude towards Brandi rather convenient.   It's not like she's having Brandi over all the time.  The text!   With all the travel to South Korea she's done recently, no way is she in constant contact with her.   Kyle was right - YO hasn't been on the receiving end.  Oh sure, B made a complete ass of herself at the dinner, but YO sternly told her NO, and reminded her she was on "probation" - yeah ok, but YO isn't mothering her.  Yo spent the finale shuffling Kim and BG around like she was placing furniture.    Yep, it's easy to be kind, understanding, when you are doing it through text messages.  Taking the high road through Verizon. 

• Love 5

I agree, she came to the reunion, for such a brief period, to say what she had to say, and who was going to really argue with her?   I do find her attitude towards Brandi rather convenient.   It's not like she's having Brandi over all the time.  The text!   With all the travel to South Korea she's done recently, no way is she in constant contact with her.   Kyle was right - YO hasn't been on the receiving end.  Oh sure, B made a complete ass of herself at the dinner, but YO sternly told her NO, and reminded her she was on "probation" - yeah ok, but YO isn't mothering her.  Yo spent the finale shuffling Kim and BG around like she was placing furniture.    Yep, it's easy to be kind, understanding, when you are doing it through text messages.  Taking the high road through Verizon. 

A couple of months ago, Yolanda gave an interview where she admitted she does not see or speak to Brandi once filming ends. So by her own standards/definition, she is nothing more than a "Hollywood" friend with/to Brandi and she skirted the question/comment that she scolded LisaV last season for doing the exact same thing to Brandi, "mothering" her.  Yolanda will "not throw Brandi in the trash", yet has nothing to do with her when filming ends and when she is on camera with Brandi, she constantly "mothers her". IMO, Yolanda is well versed at Double Speaking!

• Love 8

i found that comment so odd. Almost as if she was saying yes to the rest of the world she is trash but I don't judge. Ouch.

Was it really an accident on Yolanda's part?  The entire world finds her to be an insufferable asshole but I come to you now with a half-baked brain and say she needs help.  She is still an insufferable asshole.  Yolanda said she knew what Brandi was doing and then asked Lisa not to take her off point.  Yolanda pretty much declared Brandi trash you leave at the curb.

• Love 5

A couple of months ago, Yolanda gave an interview where she admitted she does not see or speak to Brandi once filming ends. So by her own standards/definition, she is nothing more than a "Hollywood" friend with/to Brandi and she skirted the question/comment that she scolded LisaV last season for doing the exact same thing to Brandi, "mothering" her.  Yolanda will "not throw Brandi in the trash", yet has nothing to do with her when filming ends and when she is on camera with Brandi, she constantly "mothers her". IMO, Yolanda is well versed at Double Speaking!

Yolanda has a staff to help take out the trash ;-)

• Love 5
(edited)

I believe Yolanda has a different outlook on life now.  She has been sick for a long time now.   That changes people.

Yolanda's outlook changes based on what's in her self-interest at the moment or whatever whackadoodle whim has caught her fancy.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 4

I'm sure that being so ill has given Yo a new perspective, it happens. I believe she needed one, I haven't cared for her much and she can lose me with taking the high road up on her high horse. "The ones hardest to love need it the most"  Bwahaha,. sorry to disagree but I'll save my love for those deserving of it. Yo, you are no Mother Theresa. I also resent the implication that she is better than the others because she loves more than they do, they have good cause for their dislike of BG, she has done enough to earn it IMO. Yo has always been "holier than thou" and now being sick she is bullet-proof. A wise friend once told me, referring to my sick Mother who was demanding and driving me insane, "She who is sickest has all the power" and I see it played out over and over, first with Kim and now with Yo.  After all, Kim has many defenders because, well she's sick and her behavior is excused. I can't even imagine the shit storm that would arise from someone upsetting poor, sick Yo.  I loved that she compared BG to a bag of trash lol, yeah BG that's what your friends think of you. Really though, what else are you supposed to do with a bag of trash, Yo?  Keep it on a shelf?  I take mine out and leave or the garbage collectors, it's worked for me.

Damn. Perfect!

Yolanda's outlook changes based on what's in her self-interest at the moment or whatever whackadoodle whim has caught her fancy.

Ain't that the damn truth.

• Love 3

[...] In fact, I don't think it takes an illness for someone to say they want to make a change. If you notice you're behaving like an asshole, stop being such an asshole. I'm probably to forgiving a person, but I won't fault someone for previous shitty actions as long as I see a conscious effort to change.

Honestly, we should all be growing from our past selves. I've noticed things in my life that I wanted to change and then I did and I've noticed people tend to like me better when I'm not as much of an a-hole. These women have the luxury of seeing their shitty actions reenacted onscreen. It's the best form of self-reflection and I'm honestly shocked that so many of them don't look at themselves on screen and think 'hey, maybe I shouldn't do that bitchy thing anymore" That's probably why Kim and Brandi get so much hate. They have half the nation telling them to knock it off and they never learn.

Excellent post.  I agree completely with the above.  I'm almost always willing to give someone credit for putting real conscious effort into bettering themselves.  For me, that's the most necessary aspect of our existence -- the cycle of death/disintegration and rebirth/regeneration/evolution.  I think too many of these HW and reality "stars" see the attention and shock that their spectacles generate and mistake it for approval and adoration because their dream is to be known, not to be respected.  And, if that is the case, then, job well done and why change what's working?  lol 

"The ones hardest to love need it the most"  Bwahaha,. sorry to disagree but I'll save my love for those deserving of it.

Yes, I agree.  My love is not given to just anyone.  Neither is my hate.  I guess I have high expectations.  ; - )  

Yolanda must have really been inspired by those affirmation posters that were all over the place in the 90s. She should remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life.

My favorite was the cute little kitten on the branch that told me to hang in there.

• Love 4

It's weird that they airbrushed or photoshopped out all of GiGi's moles. Her neck, chest, stomach and arms are covered with big, dark moles but none are on her in the pictures for the Pink ads in that link above from UKDailyMail.

Also, in the comments section in the Gawker link, someone takes the author to task for labeling GiGi as a D-lister and jots down her many modeling gigs. So the author relents and says Ok I will move her from a D to a C.  I thought it was cute. 

Did you see the moles somewhere? Just curious now. 

On Reunion episode 1 (which I am just getting around to watching), Yolanda said that some in her family doubt that she is ill. Any clue as to who she means?

She didn't say. Lyme becomes chronic for a bunch of different reasons and people who have had no experience with it seem compelled to talk out of their asses.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

Agreed, I think that's the real reason why Yo disliked Joyce. I've read/heard enough stories about Le Pump to think she probably is as unpleasant as rumored but she gets away with it due to her massive fan popularity, and I think Yolanda was pissed that Joyce ratted out Yolanda to LVP for saying as much.

It's so fascinating to me how you can see things diverge from where producers and/or the cast might try and direct them to be at the beginning of the season versus what happens by season's end.

Edited by KFC

My initial response is "because Yo isn't the all-giving earth mama she wants us to think she is." To go a little deeper, I think she was pissed that Joyce called her out (along with Brandi) to LVP at the beginning of the season, revealing that they were talking about her at Yo's house.

Thanks - I had forgotten that. I agree that Yolanda has another side.

Agreed, I think that's the real reason why Yo disliked Joyce. I've read/heard enough stories about Le Pump to think she probably is as unpleasant as rumored but she gets away with it due to her massive fan popularity, and I think Yolanda was pissed that Joyce ratted out Yolanda to LVP for saying as much.

It's so fascinating to me how you can see things diverge from where producers and/or the cast might try and direct them to be at the beginning of the season versus what happens by season's end.

I'm always amazed at how many people think LisaV can do no wrong - she is fun to watch but is really strategic and all about herself imo - all of these women are throwaways to her.
  • Love 8

There are some creepy IV pictures of Yolanda being treated in Mexico now. And the IV's seem to be flowing red stuff into her. They are at the UKDailyMail site. And she has taken that singer Avril under her wing, giving her information on how to treat her recent lyme diagnosis. Run, Avril, run as fast as you can. Yolanda is one screwed up person. I can't help but feel she is slowly killing herself, or slowly making herself become a blathering non functioning person.

I really wonder what they are trying - all the IV stuff is a little scary.

On edit (after reading article linked below): Looked scarier than it actually is.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2
Seems to be an ozone treatment - that's not so unusual.

After reading the rest of the article, I see that she's tried several alternative therapies that are quite well known in the Lyme community - nothing really outlandish, although I haven't heard of the stem cell thing. Different combinations work for different people. She also had long-term antibiotics, which were probably more dangerous than the rest because they weaken the immune system over time.

For many people, it's not killing the spirochetes that is the biggest problem. It's getting the neurotoxins out of the body after the kill. I really hope Yolanda knows about genetic issues involved that need to be addressed, especially regarding the mthfr gene. If you kill faster than you can detox it's like being poisoned. Dear Yolanda, please test for mthfr mutations!

Actually, gene mutations are associated with several chronic illnesses - lots of people should have this test. Insurance companies pay for this now so it won't be long before mthfr testing is included in the usual bloodwork. But that's only the most well-known gene for mutations; there are many more and people are beginning to test for some of those. We can thank the human genome project for new info that will help us all be healthier!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 6

YoFo is back in Mexico? I had previously posted a link about her Tijuana trips. That linked article above shows that Instagram photo of her sitting in a Tijuana clinic (scroll to the bottom).

I mentioned it before. I don't trust the Mexican clinics, doctors, government or police. It is all corrupted.

Medicines in Mexico are difficult to trace. Who knows where they come from. Some articles that I have read mentioned some meds come from India. There are manufacturing plants in Mexico that specialize in medications, but they are sometimes manufactured improperly, labeled improperly, stored improperly. Some meds are manufactured with too much of one ingredient or not enough of the active ingredient.  No one can be certain that they are actually getting the correct medicine. It could be counterfeit pill or a sugar pill.

Mexico knows by offering cheap medicines and "alternative medicine" they are giving something to people and in return, they are making millions.

I wish YoFo would stay away from Mexico. I know that is not the only place where corruption exists, but it seems she is a desperate woman who is very ill and is being suckered in by these phony doctors who are likely putting things in her body that is only making her medical situation worse. Being that she is a wealthy woman, the snake oil men will tell her what she wants to hear.

• Love 7

YoFo is back in Mexico? I had previously posted a link about her Tijuana trips. That linked article above shows that Instagram photo of her sitting in a Tijuana clinic (scroll to the bottom).

I mentioned it before. I don't trust the Mexican clinics, doctors, government or police. It is all corrupted.

Medicines in Mexico are difficult to trace. Who knows where they come from. Some articles that I have read mentioned some meds come from India. There are manufacturing plants in Mexico that specialize in medications, but they are sometimes manufactured improperly, labeled improperly, stored improperly. Some meds are manufactured with too much of one ingredient or not enough of the active ingredient.  No one can be certain that they are actually getting the correct medicine. It could be counterfeit pill or a sugar pill.

Mexico knows by offering cheap medicines and "alternative medicine" they are giving something to people and in return, they are making millions.

I wish YoFo would stay away from Mexico. I know that is not the only place where corruption exists, but it seems she is a desperate woman who is very ill and is being suckered in by these phony doctors who are likely putting things in her body that is only making her medical situation worse. Being that she is a wealthy woman, the snake oil men will tell her what she wants to hear.

Also, when and if she suddenly finds herself feeling better, how will she know which 'therapy' it was that made her feel that way?  Seems to me like she's stacking one on top of the other.  She's good at cleanses.  She should try a healthy cleanse and start fresh with a known Lyme disease protocol.  Even if she's done it before, if I were her and I just kept getting sicker, I'd feel like I'd have to go back to square one and start over.

If it's not David traveling with her to all these countries, I wonder who is.  Totally depressing to think she's doing it alone.

• Love 4

Also, when and if she suddenly finds herself feeling better, how will she know which 'therapy' it was that made her feel that way?  Seems to me like she's stacking one on top of the other.  She's good at cleanses.  She should try a healthy cleanse and start fresh with a known Lyme disease protocol.  Even if she's done it before, if I were her and I just kept getting sicker, I'd feel like I'd have to go back to square one and start over.

If it's not David traveling with her to all these countries, I wonder who is.  Totally depressing to think she's doing it alone.

Agree, it is very depressing and sad if she is having to deal with this alone.

I hear you. Yes, if she is doing one method on top of another, then how in the hell will she know when any method is working or not?

That photo of her with the IV and the red stuff really bothers me. I can only imagine what shit is being pumped into her system.

On top of all of this, she takes 49748957 vitamins a day.

• Love 1

Seems to be an ozone treatment - that's not so unusual.

After reading the rest of the article, I see that she's tried several alternative therapies that are quite well known in the Lyme community - nothing really outlandish, although I haven't heard of the stem cell thing. Different combinations work for different people. She also had long-term antibiotics, which were probably more dangerous than the rest because they weaken the immune system over time.

For many people, it's not killing the spirochetes that is the biggest problem. It's getting the neurotoxins out of the body after the kill. I really hope Yolanda knows about genetic issues involved that need to be addressed, especially regarding the mthfr gene. If you kill faster than you can detox it's like being poisoned.

Dear Yolanda, please test for mthfr mutations! Actually, gene mutations are associated with several chronic illnesses - lots of people should have this test. Insurance companies pay for this now so it won't be long before mthfr testing is included in the usual bloodwork. But that's only the most well-known gene for mutations; there are many more and people are beginning to test for some of those. We can thank the human genome project for new info that will help us all be healthier!

Nexxie, I just wanted to let you know that, after your recommendation last week, I spoke to my Dr and he is arranging for me to get the test. Thanks again for sharing this information. I'll let you know what happens! Edited by EVS
  • Love 10