Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, NewDigs said:

That's one odd shot.

That it is! 

It looks like there is tension in the air.  Like a security issue or something.  Everyone looks so strained.  Except Yo.  The picture of glowing good health and vitality.  Weird.

Anwar continues to look like he's sick.

• Love 4

Love Gigi's patchwork leather coat, but those shoes! My god they're scary.  Bella's boots are fierce.

I know this isn't a popular opinion but I absolutely think Bella and Gigi made the right decision to go directly into modeling.  I'm sure Yolanda had something to do with pushing them in that direction and out of their college path.  But I don't care...if those girls can keep themselves together and their noses clean (literally)...doing what they're doing is such an amazing opportunity.  And to be doing it together!?  Who does that?

I hope they never feel the competition between themselves that goes on in that biz.  As close as they are as siblings, that would be a pity.

• Love 3

I was enjoying the fashion show until the Little Cowgirl on the Prairie showed up.

Cannot imagine walking in those red shoes! And also ageee Bella and Bella's boots are gorgeous.

They've really got the world by the tail! Hope they're doing something to keep their brains working. Not college but something beyond, What a pretty dress! Where's Taylor?, but I doubt it's anything YoYo would advise. 

I agree. There are some studies about how much knowledge and school skills are lost during summer break. Bella and Gigi are having the opportunity of a lifetime, but at some point their careers may slow down and if they want to go to college they are really going to need to keep their skills sharp.

I find it so interesting that for as many models as have been cast members of Real Housewives shows no one ever had anything close to the career Bella and Gigi have. Cynthia Bailey's career was close because she was still doing a decent amount of commercial modeling up until she joined Atlanta. Joanna was a very succesful bikini and underwear model. Gigi and Bella's careers are light years away from the modeling careers that Yolanda, Brandi, LuAnn, Kelly, or Alex had.

• Love 2
On 17/09/2016 at 2:36 AM, HunterHunted said:

I agree. There are some studies about how much knowledge and school skills are lost during summer break. Bella and Gigi are having the opportunity of a lifetime, but at some point their careers may slow down and if they want to go to college they are really going to need to keep their skills sharp.

I find it so interesting that for as many models as have been cast members of Real Housewives shows no one ever had anything close to the career Bella and Gigi have. Cynthia Bailey's career was close because she was still doing a decent amount of commercial modeling up until she joined Atlanta. Joanna was a very succesful bikini and underwear model. Gigi and Bella's careers are light years away from the modeling careers that Yolanda, Brandi, LuAnn, Kelly, or Alex had.

It helps that Gigi and Bella weren't 25 years past their prime in their RHOBH appearances, they had the opportunity to use the show to help launch their modeling careers. Plus, out of all the franchises, the BH women & daughters are by far the most likely to have the financial means, industry connections and trophy wife genetics that will successfully launch a modelling career. 

Also, new white jeans:

7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

WTF?

LOL. Right? Harper's Bazaar has done these shoots annually for a few years now.  I'm anxious to see who else is in this year's.

ETA:  I thought you were referring to Gigi's hair, in the 2nd picture, as scary. But then I blew the first photo up to see what all the cameras were pointed at and there she is in that sea of sweating, frenzied humanity.  Scary.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:36 PM, HunterHunted said:

I don't think college is in their futures anymore.  Gigi is now a brand.  She'll have mentors who will teach her and help her navigate her businesses.  She's learning more now, IRL, than any Marketing 101 class could teach her at NYU.  If these girls were just average runway or catalog models, I'd be the first to say they need to go back to school for a fall back.  But Gigi and Bella are far from average and unless Gigi really DOES want to become a forensic and Bella a designer, I just don't see them going back. 

Kind of O/T but did Taylor Swift attend college?

• Love 1

I don't believe Taylor Swift went to college, but both of her parents are finance people.

The girls have great careers right now, but I don't think it would ever occur to Yolanda or the girls to start accepting (at least 10 years from now) the types of projects that have allowed models like Kathy Ireland, Tyra Banks, Cindy Crawford, and Heidi Klum to continue to earn millions when modeling stops being lucrative. Or to a lesser extent the types of projects that keep Parma Lakshmi and Liz Hurley in the press between their famous relationships and marriages. Gigi and Bella are successful models and I'm sure that they are learning way more in their respective careers than they could in college, but I don't know if their mentors or Yolanda are capable of identifying those projects that take them to the next level. Kathy Ireland and Tyra Banks are rumored to be worth $300 and $100 million respectively and both of them are a solid 25 years past the peak of their modeling careers. Heidi Klum made about $2 million a year from modeling, but when she started hosting and producing Project Runway her income really took off. Gigi's appearances on Lip Sync Battle and Drag Race tell me that her team sort of knows that this something they need to cultivate for her down the line, but she comes across so BORING on TV.

• Love 7

I don't generally comment good or bad on the Hadid children. I just don't feel like they have been a big enough part of the show for me to have that much of an opinion. But, I have to say THIS just impressed the hell out of me. Go Gigi! Who knew she had this type of badassery in her?

• Love 21
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Heidi Klum made about $2 million a year from modeling, but when she started hosting and producing Project Runway her income really took off. Gigi's appearances on Lip Sync Battle and Drag Race tell me that her team sort of knows that this something they need to cultivate for her down the line, but she comes across so BORING on TV.

Watch a video of Heidi at 19 and she was kind of boring and awkward. Tyra, was also probably not a huge brain trust when she was Gigi's age.  Tyra's mommy, to a greater degree than Yolanda, followed Tyra EVERYWHERE in the early years of Tyra's career.  She makes Yo seem detached by comparison. 

Hopefully Gigi will be as successful as Heidi, Tyra, Kathy Ireland, et al were when they found success after modeling in their late 20s and early 30s.  Gigi's got a few years to go yet.  I think both Hadid girls will be just fine. 

3 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I don't generally comment good or bad on the Hadid children. I just don't feel like they have been a big enough part of the show for me to have that much of an opinion. But, I have to say THIS just impressed the hell out of me. Go Gigi! Who knew she had this type of badassery in her?

Gigi's boxes at a gym on the regular.  She could've probably flattened that guy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I know, right? And she's doing a good job of pushing back hard at all the jerks who think she was "too aggressive." I hate to say it, but credit to Yolanda and Mo for raising a daughter who has the right attitude about her rights as a person.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I know, right? And she's doing a good job of pushing back hard at all the jerks who think she was "too aggressive." I hate to say it, but credit to Yolanda and Mo for raising a daughter who has the right attitude about her rights as a person.

Yes she is!  And she gave a shout-out to her boxing coach after it happened.  And here I thought she was only taking boxing lessons to keep fit....

gigi-hadid-boxing.jpg

• Love 2

She was far more patient than most would have been with the regular fans (posing briefly for selfies with them)... And she was well within her rights to defend herself. How scary to be picked up by some random guy!

*Signs self up for Krav Maga classes*

• Love 3

I logged in just to talk about this lol. But, yes, cheers to Gigi for defending herself! I'm also annoyed by some of the headlines I've seen regarding this incident. She wasn't in the wrong! Why are critics charging her with being polite and accommodating to a stranger who touched her without her permission? Come the hell on!

• Love 4

Here's what this nutter did to Brad Pitt and other celebrities.  So far, Brad and Gigi are apparently the only 2 who have clocked him.

http://www.pajiba.com/miscellaneous/brad-pitt-does-not-find-that-creep-vitalii-sediuk-amusing-and-offers-a-stern-warning-to-leave-all-dresses-unlifted.php

As far as the media handling of this dirtbag:

Sediuk has been doing this kind of thing for a couple of years, and it’s been mostly ignored/laughed off, but it’s possible we just needed someone of Pitt’s Hollywood royalty stature to get something done. Case in point: People’s headline for Ferrara was “Cannes 2014 Scandal: A Man Tries to Crawl Under America Ferrera’s Skirt on the Red Carpet,” while Pitt’s was “Brad Pitt Attacked on Maleficent Red Carpet.”

So up until Brad Pitt got this idiot arrested, his pranks were considered merely pranks and not attacks.  But now he's back at it.  He's got to be a mental case to do this again after being arrested and convicted before.  Especially when he knows there are people with cameras that can easily identify him.  I wonder if Gigi will pursue this.  I would.  Send a message, Gigi.

• Love 4

I am passionate about this issue because I am a survivor of violent crime.  Months after the incident I was in my own bathroom and after I was done I lifted the shade and was beyond stunned to find a raggedy man standing there.  He had obviously been watching me pee.  Did I scream, no, I politely looked at him and said "Can I help you?".  He said he was looking for a local rehab.  I gave him directions and he left.  I did not even call the police because I was too embarrassed.  When I told my friend she called the cops and signed me up for a self defense class.  That class was the best and most challenging thing I have ever done.  It was so hard for me to give myself permission to fight back and not be polite to those who are taking advantage of or trying to victimize me.  I still can't believe that I asked that pervert if I could help him.  It is both the most cringeworthy and hilarious incident in my life.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 16

I thought it was a textbook example of how to defend yourself against an attacker. It looked like a demonstration you would see in a self defense class. I'm really impressed with how Gigi kept her cool during the actual attack. (Her subsequent anger and trying to run after the guy was also pretty awesome to me.) That is what the media should be saying, imo, but that would probably generate less drama and get less clicks. 

• Love 10

And a couple hours later, she was opening the show for Moschino. Bad ass.

636102164937657944-GTY-609784088-8542756

I hope she takes some time off after MFW and goes sailing around the Med for a month or two.  Even before this happened, there are pictures of her looking tired. 

She needs to hire better security.   So many people standing around and nobody walking behind her.  The only person that helped her was Bella. :-(

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I hope she takes some time off after MFW and goes sailing around the Med for a month or two.  Even before this happened, there are pictures of her looking tired. 

She needs to hire better security.   So many people standing around and nobody walking behind her.  The only person that helped her was Bella. :-(

The Moschino stuff is always interesting:

Moschino_RTW_SS17_Milan_0786_1474577349_

Moschino_RTW_SS17_Milan_0702_1474577113_

Remember the windex?

• Love 2
On 9/23/2016 at 2:50 PM, movingtargetgal said:

I am passionate about this issue because I am a survivor of violent crime.  Months after the incident I was in my own bathroom and after I was done I lifted the shade and was beyond stunned to find a raggedy man standing there.  He had obviously been watching me pee.  Did I scream, no, I politely looked at him and said "Can I help you?".  He said he was looking for a local rehab.  I gave him directions and he left.  I did not even call the police because I was too embarrassed.  When I told my friend she called the cops and signed me up for a self defense class.  That class was the best and most challenging thing I have ever done.  It was so hard for me to give myself permission to fight back and not be polite to those who are taking advantage of or trying to victimize me.  I still can't believe that I asked that pervert if I could help him.  It is both the most cringeworthy and hilarious incident in my life.

Applause and much bowing your way, MovingTargetGal -- good for you for getting comfortable with occupying and defending  your space -- that's inspiring.

• Love 6

Gigi probably had her best ever "fashion month". The TommyxGigi thing launched with tons of press, she got press for elbowing that Ukrainian guy in the face, she got press for opening (5) ne closing (6) shows, far more shows than anyone else, Kendall didn't bother showing up to Milan and only got one show in Paris before the Kardashian jewel heist, and a lucrative commercial Reebok campaign was launched while the JennerDashians were in hiding. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3
On September 23, 2016 at 4:40 PM, ryebread said:

I thought the same thing.  All those people watching and no one helping her.  How sad.  Her daddy needs to fix this situation.  I bet it scared her to death.  I just wish she had knocked him out.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I would guess they are mums.

That's my guess. I've been seeing beautiful mum color-pots at Home Depot but they seem kind of odd, to me, for Florida.

Bella's Weeknd shows up regularly on Sirius channel 48, Heart and Soul. Really pretty voice but has that kind of overproduced electronic sound. imho But I sometimes stick with him.

Didn't know he was a YouTube guy. That makes some sense.

Edited by NewDigs
On 10/7/2016 at 7:14 PM, Kokapetl said:

Can anyone tell me what sort of flowers these are?

On 10/7/2016 at 7:23 PM, ginger90 said:

I would guess they are mums.

13 hours ago, film noire said:

They look like mini asters -- like the ones here:

http://profyseeds.com/products/asters-mini-mix-03g-140-seeds_275.html

1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

Google translate tells me it's called "chrysanthemum" in English, but they are "chrysanthèmes", as we say in French. Very popular in Europe in Autumn.

Took reply to Small Talk.

• Love 2

The latest Global Lyme Alliance gala. Mr "the kids are fine" Hadid showed up to support Honoree(?) Bella. His hair is looking really strange. David flaked on performing for the event at the last moment, fortunately for the Lymey Awards, Rob Thomas' wife has Lyme. 

wQ5KBHN9.jpg  

• Love 1

I am disappointed that this thread has turned into news about her daughters.  Not complaining since there is nothing else to talk about in Yo's life, carry on!  I just want more info/gossip about Yo and she is laying low.   How odd is that!?  LOL!  Clearly she has read the volumes of feedback from those who were not hired to tweet support.  

She is either smart or has been advised to stay out of SM and allow things to blow over.  Yuh, like that will happen.  She is no longer 'fighting' to find a cure.  Funny how that is not important anymore when it had consumed her life.   

I don't think we will see her do a cameo on the new season.  

• Love 3
7 hours ago, wings707 said:

I am disappointed that this thread has turned into news about her daughters.  Not complaining since there is nothing else to talk about in Yo's life, carry on!  I just want more info/gossip about Yo and she is laying low.   How odd is that!?  LOL!  Clearly she has read the volumes of feedback from those who were not hired to tweet support.  

She is either smart or has been advised to stay out of SM and allow things to blow over.  Yuh, like that will happen.  She is no longer 'fighting' to find a cure.  Funny how that is not important anymore when it had consumed her life.   

I don't think we will see her do a cameo on the new season.  

She hasn't been completely silent about her search for a cure. I saw this the other day:

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/10/20/leaving-rhobh-gives-yolanda-hadid-time-focus-finding-cure-lyme-disease/

I’m actually feeling really good,” she continued. And she is about to get even better! Since joining a new clinical trial, Yolanda finally believes there is an end in sight for her Lyme Disease suffering. “I’m really excited,” Yolanda gushed. “I’m on day 12 and I’m feeling strangely good. So hopefully after 60 days this might be the end for me. I mean that’d be perfect but I don’t know.”

Edited by EVS
  • Love 1