Type keyword(s) to search

Yolanda Hadid: My Love, My Lemons, My Lyme Disease.

• Start Topic

Wasn't there an episode where Yolanda had "surgery" to remove something - a port or stent or whatever from her heart?  I just think Yolanda has something else or in addition to Lyme Disease and because she so instantly committed to being the face of Lyme Disease-I think Andy Cohen arranged for to get an award about three months after she was diagnosed. 

With Yolanda claiming all this loss of memory and brain function I will be curious to see what she will do if called as a witness in the Krupa vs. Granville case.  IIRC Yolanda is essentially who Brandi is counting on to perfect her defense:  http://news.lalate.com/2015/04/13/brandi-glanville-lawsuit-real-housewives-may-testify-against-her-exclusive/

I hope Yolanda gets better and short of a miraculous recovery between now and June I think it is time she step aside and be a friend of the RH for awhile.  Of all people to quote, Kim said after Season 3, that Yolanda uses ESL and being sick as a reason to not accept responsibility.  Granted this year she had pretty much zero interaction and now that we have seen Amsterdam and both daughters go on to become famous models I think Yolanda's usefulness has ended.  Her peacemaking skills won't be needed if Brandi exits.  Again I am think we will see the big recovery in June.

That is what I have thought for a very long time.  Ever since she mentioned she broke her back during childbirth with Anwar.  I don't remember the paralysis just another non-conventional treatment-lamb placenta, I believe.

Thank you for the link, ZM - very interesting.  Yolanda could extricate herself from that mess very easily by being out of the country receiving treatment.  She owes Brandi no loyalty and that scenario would be the perfect excuse to cut Brandi out of her life very cleanly.  I do wonder if Lisa Vanderpump will be called as a witness for the defense.  Watch out, Brandi.....you will be skewered.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

• Love 1

Wasn't there an episode where Yolanda had "surgery" to remove something - a port or stent or whatever from her heart?

She had a port removed from her arm.

If it is one of her cleanses, it doesn't seem to me that it is helpful in any way

I cringe every time I read or hear someone talk about doing a cleanse. Kyle does them too. I have a friend who has been on them, loses ten pounds quickly and then regains the weight. Don't people realize they lose weight quickly because they are literally starving themselves? These cleanses don't do squat! Your kidneys and liver do the work to clean out your body of toxins, waste, etc. YoFo's cleanses are what? Lemons, of course. Honey, chili powder? What the hell? Doesn't sound like a cleanse. Sounds more like a potion one takes to ease a hangover.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

She had a port removed from her arm.

I cringe every time I read or hear someone talk about doing a cleanse. Kyle does them too. I have a friend who has been on them, loses ten pounds quickly and then regains the weight. Don't people realize they lose weight quickly because they are literally starving themselves? These cleanses don't do squat! Your kidneys and liver do the work to clean out your body of toxins, waste, etc. YoFo's cleanses are what? Lemons, of course. Honey, chili powder? What the hell? Doesn't sound like a cleanse. Sounds more like a potion one takes to ease a hangover.

I wonder what came first, Yolanda obsession with lemons or her lemon groove.

Something is not quite right with her state of mind, why not mix orange trees and grapefruit trees, why only lemon trees????

• Love 3

I wonder what came first, Yolanda obsession with lemons or her lemon groove.

Something is not quite right with her state of mind, why not mix orange trees and grapefruit trees, why only lemon trees????

I have wondered this for a while. Why so many lemon trees?
  • Love 2

J

I feel the same. If toxins really are building up in your body, a doctor needs to check your kidney and liver functions. When they malfunction, you get really sick.

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 6

There are foods that help your liver kidneys and digestion. I eat radishes ever day 2/4 in salads or with just with salt as a snack. They help. All that citrus wow. I love lemons and drink hot lemon water when I first wake.

I'm pretty healthy and eat a healthy diet and can't imagine living on a lemon clense for any amount of time.

Yo's immune system is already comprimised how is living on lemon juice going to help anything. I get a headache just thinking of it.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

There are foods that help your liver kidneys and digestion. I eat radishes ever day 2/4 in salads or with just with salt as a snack. They help. All that citrus wow. I love lemons and drink hot lemon water when I first wake.

I'm pretty healthy and eat a healthy diet and can't imagine living on a lemon clense for any amount of time.

Yo's immune system is already comprimised how is living on lemon juice going to help anything. I get a headache just thinking of it.

I'm a lime person. :). Lime water for me, please.

• Love 2

Your body is always working toward heath.  We give it assistance by eating well.  There is a lot of information out there on the needless effort to cleanse toxins and not all from Western medicine.  Andrew Weil speaks on this topic as do many others who are open to alternate health care.

I think they may have bought the property with lemon trees in place and maybe added more.  I think she got in the habit of fasting and taking supplements during her modeling days.  All of them have to remain rail thin and I have read what some do before a runway show to prepare.   Somethings are extreme and nuts but their livelihood depends on their weight.  

She has more than Lyme; she as said that.  She is not sharing all of her problems, nor should she.  I suspect that Chinese supplements might have contributed to he high mercury count but Lyme does that too.  I don't want to speculate further.  She is in tough shape and it is complicated; this we know directly from her.  

• Love 4

Your body is always working toward heath.  We give it assistance by eating well.  There is a lot of information out there on the needless effort to cleanse toxins and not all from Western medicine.  Andrew Weil speaks on this topic as do many others who are open to alternate health care.

I think they may have bought the property with lemon trees in place and maybe added more.  I think she got in the habit of fasting and taking supplements during her modeling days.  All of them have to remain rail thin and I have read what some do before a runway show to prepare.   Somethings are extreme and nuts but their livelihood depends on their weight.  

She has more than Lyme; she as said that.  She is not sharing all of her problems, nor should she.  I suspect that Chinese supplements might have contributed to he high mercury count but Lyme does that too.  I don't want to speculate further.  She is in tough shape and it is complicated; this we know directly from her.

No she said on the first season that she personally planted all the trees.

It is just weird.

• Love 6

It is just weird.

Thanks.  Not weird when you think of all the lemons she uses to detox all the fucking time! 

• Love 2

It is just weird.

Is it weird? I like lemon trees.

Of course I don't know how many she has, but they are pretty and smell good. I don't mind them.

• Love 2

It is just weird.

Thanks, see it's things like this, that makes me think Yo is not so smart about somethings. What the hell did she think she could do with so many goddamn lemons! Lemon trees don't just produce 1 or 2 lemons. We have seen she gives away baskets upon baskets of lemons away. Lol, it is just mind boggling that Yo thought she needed dozens of lemon trees? So freaking odd.

My sister has 1 lemon tree and she gives away lemons all the time.

Maybe, Yo should bottle her own organic lemonade and sell. She's all set up with the lemons. It would be something different than just another wine from a housewife.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

I feel the same. If toxins really are building up in your body, a doctor needs to check your kidney and liver functions. When they malfunction, you get really sick.

My husband is a nephrologist and he is very much against any type of cleanse. As Stinamania post says , your kidneys are working all the time to remove waste and toxins. So take that for what is worth (not much). He is also very much against dark sodas for kidney health . The more you know.....

• Love 7

My husband is a nephrologist and he is very much against any type of cleanse. As Stinamania post says , your kidneys are working all the time to remove waste and toxins. So take that for what is worth (not much). He is also very much against dark sodas for kidney health . The more you know.....

He is not alone!  Most (maybe all) doctors and many alternate health professionals are against both of these things.  It makes sense to me, especially when you hear something from all angles.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

Is it weird? I like lemon trees.

Of course I don't know how many she has, but they are pretty and smell good. I don't mind them.

Yes, the lemon grove was really pretty! Now that Yolanda has moved to town she probably buys her lemons at the farmer's market.
  • Love 1

I've got two lemon trees a Meyer and an "I don't know what" that produces huge, seedy, lemons with a TON of juice. I'll share the fruit off my tangerine tree but not my lemon trees. Those are for limoncello, lemonade, lemon marmalade and lemon curd,preserved lemons, and cooking.

Yo planted far too many  trees for what I believe she intended to use them for but she isn't letting the fruit go to waste it seems. I would hope not as it would then be a waste of precious California water and of a food. A food bank would love her extra lemons.

• Love 3

I've got two lemon trees a Meyer and an "I don't know what" that produces huge, seedy, lemons with a TON of juice. I'll share the fruit off my tangerine tree but not my lemon trees. Those are for limoncello, lemonade, lemon marmalade and lemon curd,preserved lemons, and cooking.

Yo planted far too many  trees for what I believe she intended to use them for but she isn't letting the fruit go to waste it seems. I would hope not as it would then be a waste of precious California water and of a food. A food bank would love her extra lemons.

Lemon marmalade.  That sounds delicious!  I have only had orange and grapefruit.   She seems like one who would not let them go to waste.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

And why was it so "important" to see the bathroom to show her girlfriends where she pooped as a child?

Bathrooms are important to girls for bathing and primping.  Girls don't poop.  Have you been living under a rock? 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I loved a few years ago when Yo was on WWHL and one of the callers said that Yo should send her some lemons for her centerpieces for her wedding. Yo laughed and said she totally would and told the gal to tweet her. I wonder if she sent any!

• Love 2

That just squicked me out. I mean, who the hell is taking all these pictures for her instagram? I must be a weirdo because everything about this whole situation just leaves me baffled and my first thoughts are always "it's staged!". 

LOL, Stewed.  I don't know if I'm squicked out, but like you, I think some of the pictures are odd - her in bed with David, this one with Anwar, the ones where she's surrounded by medical staff during treatment - I understand that she wants to bring awareness but sometimes I feel mildly squicky.

That said, it's a beautiful capture of a moment but it's so damn personal.  Not that I don't enjoy pics of her sleeping in a queen bed on a private plane, but yeah, they seem a little staged, or something.

Whenever there's activity on Yo's thread, I hesitate to click because I'm so afraid it's bad news.  I believe she's really sick and I hope she can get well.

• Love 6

I find that picture disturbing. And, once again, I think there's more going on there in addition to Lyme.

The dr found something (organism?) in her body commonly found in cows.  That traced to a cow licking her in the chin as a child.   Some here have speculated about her supplements.  Some Chinese herbs are high in mercury and on and on it goes.  She has only mentioned Lyme and cow lick but did say there was more.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

That just squicked me out. I mean, who the hell is taking all these pictures for her instagram? I must be a weirdo because everything about this whole situation just leaves me baffled and my first thoughts are always "it's staged!".

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not alone.

Someone posted some pics of Yo and David in bed, that Yo posted on twitter or instagram. It was them laughing in bed just oh so carefree with rumpled blankets. I believe he was shirtless. I was like who the hell is taking these pics? Seemed fake.

I don't understand why people post so many very private moment pics on social media...(shrugs).

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

LOL One photo garners sympathy, but the next photo shows YoFo and Anwar smiling as he carries her as she is holding onto her bags.

Cow lick?

Next thing you know, it will be some fungal disease YoFo acquired from being in her lemon orchards too long.

• Love 6

LOL One photo garners sympathy, but the next photo shows YoFo and Anwar smiling as he carries her as she is holding onto her bags.

Cow lick?

Next thing you know, it will be some fungal disease YoFo acquired from being in her lemon orchards too long.

Yolanda tweeted the one that would get her big time sympathy, not the one that showed her and Anwar having fun after she got back from shopping! Anwar tweeted the fun photo. Either Yolanda is stupid or thinks we are that no one would be checking her kids public twitter accounts!

A Fungal disease that is affecting her self professed Dutch common sense! LOL

• Love 8

Yolanda tweeted the one that would get her big time sympathy, not the one that showed her and Anwar having fun after she got back from shopping! Anwar tweeted the fun photo. Either Yolanda is stupid or thinks we are that no one would be checking her kids public twitter accounts!

LOL 

A Fungal disease that is affecting her self professed Dutch common sense! LOL

That's what she gets for being so close to Brandi. Ewwww

• Love 5

I think we were played by Yolanda with that photo of Anwar holding her. Here is 1 from his twitter page........I saw this on the SH site!  http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/04/27/the-shocking-two-faces-of-phony-loada-whos-zoomin-who-yolandahfoster-rhobh/

I Think That Anwar & Yolanda Were Trying To Make The Best Out Of The Situation...I Know People Like That...Myself Included...Would Never Know What's Really Going On...Mask The Pain/Discomfort With A Few Laughs/Jokes

Seriously Doubt A Grown Woman Just Wants To Be Carried Around Outside Of What Appears To Be A Hotel Entrance (Seattle?) Unless She Needed Help/Assistance

But Then Again...Perhaps Not :>)

I'm beginning to think Yo's love isn't giving her enough attention.

I thought it was the King at first glance.  I also thought it was a very sad, thoughtful moment captured by someone.

Then I saw the second shot which looks like a fun moment.  Getting picked up by her son after a shopping day and stay at a hotel.

Is Yo playing with us?

• Love 5