Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Vanderpump: Pink is her Favorite Color

• Start Topic

I could see them being jealous of her tv show success. 

A few of them have tried and have been unsuccessful; I can see that sticking in a craw or two. 

An interesting question (to me anyway 😉 ) is would we be hearing about Lisa's Chess Playin' and Mannipilatin' from the HWs had she not been so much more successful in this regard? I don't think so.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Her face scares me.  Either she's been lying about her age and was born in 1950 and not 1960 or that is one rough looking woman.

I think that is her age based on IMBD stuff BUT you are right she is rough looking.  I think its all the procedures she has had that has aged her.  Plus she was/is a smoker.   My sister is the same age as her and looks at least 10 years younger.

She’s gorgeous and has a great figure. I do think she dresses very Dynasty, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I sort of think the over the top glamorous and feminine look suits her, but it does make her come across older than her years, as does having the older husband. She does seem younger wearing jeans or her more simple dresses and less bling. 

While I think most women would kill to look like Lisa, I can see why people think she’s older and agree the other cast members are aging better. Kyle is so pretty without makeup. Erika’s skin appears poreless, and Eileen is actually older than Lisa. I was surprised Eileen was born in 1959! If you look at older pictures of Lisa though, she’s always had a mature beauty. So I don’t think she’s lying about her age even if she’s not the most age defying. 

• Love 15

I happen to think LVP is truly a beauty.  I will say that she reads a little older than she really is, but, honestly that is a trade I would be willing to make. 

Honestly, most of the cast are very attractive with the exception of Rinna, who I think has a very harsh look that she has worsened with her choice of enhancements, and Teddi who, imo, is quite average looking. 

Erika has a great face for makeup and made up properly she can be a knockout. 

Kyle is very attractive but better stop with the enhancements now because she is teetering on the edge. 

Dorit... I can't be objective anymore because she is a soulless puppy dumper, but I used to think she was pretty. 

All that said, if I had my pick of who to look like, I would choose LVP.  I just think she has a gorgeous face. 

• Love 21

^ Agreed with gorgeous face. Since season 1, I’ve always thought she was strikingly and classically beautiful and love how feminine she is. I totally get why Ken instantly fell for her and follows her around like a little puppy. 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

^ Agreed with gorgeous face. Since season 1, I’ve always thought she was strikingly and classically beautiful and love how feminine she is. I totally get why Ken instantly fell for her and follows her around like a little puppy. 

1.jpg.47e31c849373f8a53b65f810d50519fb.jpgUnknown-1.jpeg.606fda73f113ad9a5920653712172c17.jpegb47c4cc77f61cab54a80f7fc39517b5a.png.43e520162bade1606523ef4a93ec856b.png

a06fcbc22b9b72a2d08b427ccf4d49d8.jpg

• Love 20
21 hours ago, JillThePill said:

I happen to think LVP is truly a beauty.  I will say that she reads a little older than she really is, but, honestly that is a trade I would be willing to make. 

It’s funny but I think she reads as “older” even in the Poison Arrow video, and she was 22 then. It’s almost to me like she hasn’t aged—obviously I don’t mean that literally, but that she doesn’t really look “old” OR “young” to me. I’m not like “WOW, I can’t believe she’s 58!” but I hope I look that “old” at near-60, LOL

In other news, my friend posted this old interview with LVP (or as Tucker keeps saying, “Lisa Vanderplump”) and John Sessa on Tucker Carlson. It was just interesting to see them together two years ago. Sessa seems to have a will of his own, not like her lackey or anything. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 14
(edited)

Hey @jkitty and @RealHousewife- I decided to take this to the Lisa thread because I’m afraid we might be venturing too far off topic from the episode itself.

Hey JKitty! We have been discussing this a bit on the other thread but I thought it might be better to take my response here since we have been told before to keep this discussion topic to a minimum on the main episode thread.

I’m in a similar camp to RealHousewife- I don’t actually believe Lisa is being outright xenophobic nor do I think she intends to be, but I think she is failing to make the connection between the horrors of animal agriculture in the U.S. and what she’s seeing in Asia. 

As a little background: I first became aware of dog meat in the 1980s (not Yulin, since it wasn’t around then) when I was in elementary school. I saw something in a documentary and it rocked me because I didn’t understand how they could eat dogs (which I loved), but it also planted the idea in my head of how these were just cultural differences and I didn’t feel right judging people who ate dog if I ate meat. We are all a product of socialization. A few years later, I gave up red meat and then all meat (24 years now) and a few years ago, I gave up dairy and eggs as well. It’s an obvious connection for me, but I do think many people are great at setting up barriers in their mind to justify their consumption and Lisa falls in that category.

This all said, I think the work Lisa does with dogs is incredible and I will never begrudge anyone who is trying to help animals, however limited their scope. I might be naive, but I hope this is a first step for Lisa and she eventually gets to a place where she understands that cows, pigs, etc. are as deserving of protection as dogs and cats. It would be a major shift for Lisa, though, given how much income she makes from her restaurants, which serve a lot of meat. But we did see her oppose eating veal a few seasons ago in Berlin and, most recently, on Vanderpump Rules, she mentioned that TomTom was going to have a lot more vegan options (which it does). I don’t know if this is just a business decision or something percolating within her, but I hope it’s the latter. I will say- I have seen people change even if it takes a long time, so I try to look at it as a journey that I hope Lisa is on. But it would take her upending her businesses so I know it won’t be overnight. I’ve had people in my life for years that I never thought would give up meat, but ended up vegetarian or vegan so I know it’s possible for people to change.

Recognizing the horrors of dog meat was the first step in my little kid brain to get to where I am now, so I’m hopeful it will be for Lisa and others who see her documentary or are touched by her cause.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 4
(edited)

For some reason I can’t edit my above post, but wanted to add something:

Yes, Yulin in undeniably another level of horror because of the purposeful torture and the stealing of family pets. But, as evidenced by the House resolution, Lisa is not just opposed to Yulin. The stated goal is to outlaw all dog and cat meat. And while I understand that certain traditions in Asia promote torture to make the meat “better,” we are absolutely just as bad in our handling of animal agriculture for monetary issues (rather than tradition) in the United States. If anyone (including Lisa) thinks that what happens to animals here is any better than what happens in Asia, they are deluded. We grind baby male chicks alive in the egg industry, we steal babies from their mothers immediately after birth to take their milk and we slaughter late-stage pregnant dairy cows while their viable calves struggle to live as the Mom dies (and the skin of those calves is turned into perfect unblemished leather). None of this is rare and is the norm. There was a great article years ago about cow slaughter in The Washington Post that was an excerpt from the book “Fast Food Nation.” The title said it all: “They die piece by piece.”

I could cite a gazillion other standard industry practices, but we are absolutely no less cruel to our animals here than they are in Asia (even at Yulin). Our animals suffer just as much and sometimes even more so. Our practices are just borne out of convenience and monetary gain rather than folk traditional beliefs.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Excellent posts MrsWitter. 👏 I just met someone yesterday who wanted advice from me on how to go veggie because she is such an animal lover. Made me happy. 🙂

Yeah! That’s awesome!!! Sometimes it’s about one person, one step at a time. ❤️

• Love 2

Love, love, LOVE that LVP is going to be on WWHL solo tomorrow night. Mostly because I think it will piss off Rinna and the others (I don’t remember any of the other BH Housewives being on solo, but I might be forgetting)! 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Love, love, LOVE that LVP is going to be on WWHL solo tomorrow night. Mostly because I think it will piss off Rinna and the others (I don’t remember any of the other BH Housewives being on solo, but I might be forgetting)! 

They seem petty enough to be upset about it but I suspect that the questions and answers won't really bring new information. If I were doing an interview about a bunch of women I disliked and expected to have several questions asked about them, I would just respond with 'who?' each time. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

I think Bethany may have done a solo when she was pregnant - it stuck in my mind because she had so much swelling in her face and feet. There could have been someone else there, but I don't recall who it would have been.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Hopefully my new Tuesday night class will be over before it's on.

Belly dancing. 

Thank you ho wives for totally missing the big picture and proving yourselves to be so petty.  

You gave me a reason to notice the community center reader board and realize I needed something to do on a Tuesday other than watch you be so clueless.

shakira dancing GIF

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Bleh, tonight's episode really rubbed me the wrong way. It's become too bitchy, and I don't blame Lisa if she ditches the reunion and is completely done.

I don't think one has to be perfect in order to be treated decently! Last week's episode she was attacked by a longtime friend in her own home, and this week's episode showed one of the two people she thought she had as a friend make fun of her teeth. I was really grossed out, and I'm not some "Lisa is perfect" viewer. Yes, I think she can stir it up to get the storylines going, and I am not a big fan of that jabbing type of humor. It's not for me. But that is all so damn minor compared to the stuff the others are guilty of. Lisa has never been part of a gang-up, never bullied anyone, never been so cruel to a friend, never two-faced.  She doesn't deserve this catty bs. 

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Bleh, tonight's episode really rubbed me the wrong way. It's become too bitchy, and I don't blame Lisa if she ditches the reunion and is completely done.

I don't think one has to be perfect in order to be treated decently! Last week's episode she was attacked by a longtime friend in her own home, and this week's episode showed one of the two people she thought she had as a friend make fun of her teeth. I was really grossed out, and I'm not some "Lisa is perfect" viewer. Yes, I think she can stir it up to get the storylines going, and I am not a big fan of that jabbing type of humor. It's not for me. But that is all so damn minor compared to the stuff the others are guilty of. Lisa has never been part of a gang-up, never bullied anyone, never been so cruel to a friend, never two-faced.  She doesn't deserve this catty bs. 

Perfectly put. Real Housewife. If any of these HWs have even an ounce of decency in them,  (50/50 chance? Less for Rinna) the cognitive dissonance they must be experiencing right about now is mind boggling. To watch all of that and then still see themselves as justified, I frankly don't know how they could.  The mental and moral gymnastics required...exhausting.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I totally agree. I watched this mess last night and I am still completely offended on Lisa's behalf. What Camille did was shameful.

• Love 15
On 4/17/2019 at 1:42 AM, Wicked said:

So Lisa wrote a blog, but I don't see it on bravo.com

http://www.veryvanderpump.com/thoughts#/rhobh-lisas-blog

In that blog LVP is saying that after the big fight in her house with Kyle she went to the Polo lounge with Ken and a friend.

When she got there Kyle, Dorit and Teddi were there - this was an hour after the fight.   Yet when Kyle talks about it to the women Teddi and Dorit act like it was the first time they heard about it.   Staged or what.

That must have been awful for LVP to walk in and see them all gossiping in the corner.   I wonder if the reason LVP has her blog separate from Bravo is so they can't edit it?   Just saying.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Question. I know we (and obviously others online) have called Lisa "LVP" for quite some time. And I know it's on some of her stuff (e.g. the Sangria). But I don't remember the cast calling her "LVP" as much as they've been doing this year. Am I misremembering? 

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Am I misremembering? 

Not to my knowledge. Her name is so long. The show didn’t want her to use her own nickname “Pinky” so another nickname was bound to happen. Especially since there’s another Lisa on the show. Of course, we could just call her Lisa Rinna the way she calls her husband Harry Hamlin. 

• Love 10

Yeah, I remember more references (on the show) to Lisa Rinna as "Rinna" and Lisa Vanderpump as "Lisa," and I do recall Kyle calling her "Vanderpump." 

Hearing these ladies call Lisa Vanderpump "LVP" so frequently this season makes me just think that they're obsessed with reading these sites, gossip sites, and other blogs. That may or may not be the case; maybe my awareness is just heightened because of all this "leaked story" stuff. 

• Love 15

I find it cringey when they call her "Vanderpump". 

I've never seen Kyle wear so much pink either. We expect it from Lisa, as it's her fave color, but from Kyle it seems ... notable.

• Love 18

I am not sure if LVP is a narcissist. There is a lot to like and admire about her and her success. And she has maintained long-term relationships, including her marriage, and seems to get along with her children, so that would speak against that.

Nevertheless, I think that the most grating and unpleasant thing about her is the sense she puts out that the other people around her are less important and that they should just be grateful to be graced by her presence. I think that on both RHOBH and Vanderpump Rules, you are seeing her castmates chafe against that attitude. At some point, it would bother me, too. No matter how successful and generous she is, she isn't any "better" than the rest of them and they don't need to bow in gratitude towards her. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I am not sure if LVP is a narcissist. There is a lot to like and admire about her and her success. And she has maintained long-term relationships, including her marriage, and seems to get along with her children, so that would speak against that.

Nevertheless, I think that the most grating and unpleasant thing about her is the sense she puts out that the other people around her are less important and that they should just be grateful to be graced by her presence. I think that on both RHOBH and Vanderpump Rules, you are seeing her castmates chafe against that attitude. At some point, it would bother me, too. No matter how successful and generous she is, she isn't any "better" than the rest of them and they don't need to bow in gratitude towards her. 

I don't get that about her presence at all. However, I do find her exhausting in other ways. Mainly her pretend lack of awareness of other people's feelings or intelligence. When people are smart enough to recognize her passive-aggressive digs at them, she pretends like it's just a joke and she's confused why they would take offense. When she asks a question or makes a comment (even when I don't think it was intended to get a rise out of someone), she pretends to be confused when it's explained to her that she hurt someone's feelings. I just think her 'confusion' often reads as disingenuous in these cases because it's as if she doesn't think she should apologize or acknowledge someone's feelings if a) they hurt her first or b) she didn't intend to hurt their feelings. So instead she acts like she doesn't understand what's going on because apparently, that's easier than simply apologizing.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't get that about her presence at all. However, I do find her exhausting in other ways. Mainly her pretend lack of awareness of other people's feelings or intelligence. When people are smart enough to recognize her passive-aggressive digs at them, she pretends like it's just a joke and she's confused why they would take offense. When she asks a question or makes a comment (even when I don't think it was intended to get a rise out of someone), she pretends to be confused when it's explained to her that she hurt someone's feelings. I just think her 'confusion' often reads as disingenuous in these cases because it's as if she doesn't think she should apologize or acknowledge someone's feelings if a) they hurt her first or b) she didn't intend to hurt their feelings. So instead she acts like she doesn't understand what's going on because apparently, that's easier than simply apologizing.

I see that, too, but I'm thinking of the ways she dismisses others' feelings by essentially telling them that they aren't important enough for her to care about. (We she flat out said to Stassi). So I think we're saying similar things in different ways. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I see that, too, but I'm thinking of the ways she dismisses others' feelings by essentially telling them that they aren't important enough for her to care about. (We she flat out said to Stassi). So I think we're saying similar things in different ways. 

That's fair. I agree that we're seeing similar things and drawing different conclusions from it. Though I'm pretty sure her comment to Stassi was that she wasn't important enough to hate not that she's not important enough to care about. I don't see those two things as the same thing. It's one thing to give your power away to someone else in a way that harbours intense negative energy such as hatred...it's a whole other level to be willing to admit to someone that they have that kind of control over you. I don't see the two as being mutually exclusive....but in fairness, I could be misremembering the exact comment from LVP.

• Love 1
Just now, RHJunkie said:

That's fair. I agree that we're seeing similar things and drawing different conclusions from it. Though I'm pretty sure her comment to Stassi was that she wasn't important enough to hate not that she's not important enough to care about. I don't see those two things as the same thing. It's one thing to give your power away to someone else in a way that harbours intense negative energy such as hatred...it's a whole other level to be willing to admit to someone that they have that kind of control over you. I don't see the two as being mutually exclusive....but in fairness, I could be misremembering the exact comment from LVP.

You're remembering it correctly, it's just that I see that as a similar sentiment. Saying "you're not important enough to hate" is similar to "you're not important enough to care about" because in both cases, she's saying "you're not important enough for me to consider your feelings."  Both hating and caring about someone requires having some emotion about them (you know the old saying about the opposite of love being indifference, not hate).

It's possible that she truly is indifferent about every single person in her life that isn't Ken or her kids, but it seems unlikely, to me. It's just that she always wants the upper hand and so she always makes it seem like the emotions and feelings of the other person are secondary to her needs.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

You're remembering it correctly, it's just that I see that as a similar sentiment. Saying "you're not important enough to hate" is similar to "you're not important enough to care about" because in both cases, she's saying "you're not important enough for me to consider your feelings."  Both hating and caring about someone requires having some emotion about them (you know the old saying about the opposite of love being indifference, not hate).

It's possible that she truly is indifferent about every single person in her life that isn't Ken or her kids, but it seems unlikely, to me. It's just that she always wants the upper hand and so she always makes it seem like the emotions and feelings of the other person are secondary to her needs.

Well, two things here:

1. I don't think hatred has anything to do with caring or being considerate of someone else's feelings. How can you care about someone else's feelings or being considerate of their feelings and still hate them? There are so many words that would better describe how those two things can co-exist: betrayal, disappointment, sadness, confusion, etc.  you can experience and feel all of those things while being considerate of someone else but hatred...I just don't see how that's possible. 

Hatred is just negative energy that you allow to consume you in unhealthy and irrational ways. It's an ego-driven emotion that is driven more by intimidation than by 'care'. If someone hurt you and you say you hate them, that 'hate' is likely driven by other emotions like betrayal or disappointment. Philosophically, hate is driven by the need to destroy. Why would you feel such intent emotions about someone unless you were threatened by them?

2. The comment wasn't made flippantly as a way to brush Stassi off. The comment was made in response to being brushed off. Stassi was trying to walk away from the conversation and LVP said they had more to talk about. Stassi basically said 'what does it matter, you hate me' which insinuates that LVP is so blinded by her own emotions that she couldn't possibly have a reasonable and open-minded conversation with Stassi. Hence, the comment was made. Now if Kristen were to say that, she'd have a better point. So many years later and LVP still rides her ass.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

Well, two things here:

1. I don't think hatred has anything to do with caring or being considerate of someone else's feelings. How can you care about someone else's feelings or being considerate of their feelings and still hate them? There are so many words that would better describe how those two things can co-exist: betrayal, disappointment, sadness, confusion, etc.  you can experience and feel all of those things while being considerate of someone else but hatred...I just don't see how that's possible. 

Hatred is just negative energy that you allow to consume you in unhealthy and irrational ways. It's an ego-driven emotion that is driven more by intimidation than by 'care'. If someone hurt you and you say you hate them, that 'hate' is likely driven by other emotions like betrayal or disappointment. Philosophically, hate is driven by the need to destroy. Why would you feel such intent emotions about someone unless you were threatened by them?

2. The comment wasn't made flippantly as a way to brush Stassi off. The comment was made in response to being brushed off. Stassi was trying to walk away from the conversation and LVP said they had more to talk about. Stassi basically said 'what does it matter, you hate me' which insinuates that LVP is so blinded by her own emotions that she couldn't possibly have a reasonable and open-minded conversation with Stassi. Hence, the comment was made. Now if Kristen were to say that, she'd have a better point. So many years later and LVP still rides her ass.

I think we're talking past each other here. I recognize the emotions between caring and hating are different. But the underlying emotion is much the same to me - "hating" someone and "caring about" someone usually means some kind of emotional investment in that someone. Lisa likes to deny that she has emotional investment in anyone that isn't her family.

I wasn't sure of the circumstances between the exchange because I didn't watch VR at the time, but even as you've described them, I don't think it changes my feelings. I don't think that I thought Lisa was being flippant as much as she was being dismissive. 

7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, I was just watching the Season 4 episode the other day where Ken chided their housekeeper (Rosio?) for wanting one of LVP's dresses that were being donted to charity. He said to her: "You're not underprivileged; you are very, very privileged." Not only was his tone so patronizing, but it takes some nerve for a multimillionaire to lecture his housekeeper about being privileged. It definitely carried hues of, "You're privileged because you work for us!" Which might be true in terms of how things compare in the housekeeping world, but is a completely oblivious thing to say. It also reminds me of the law suit that the VP-Todd's lost - part of the testimony revealed that Pandora told the prosecution, "You're lucky to work for us." So, so superior, entitled and obnoxious.

I do genuinely wonder what LVP fans make of the fact that even the Vanderpump Rules cast is getting disgruntled with her - for much of the same reasons as her RHoBH cast members - feeling like LVP wields her power in a demeaning way - and apparently when Ariana confronts her about it, LVP falls back on the old, "It was a joke, lighten up!" Is this just more of everyone in the world being jealous of LVP? Wanting to take LVP down? This is a genuine question. Because it seems wherever LVP goes, the same complaints stack up against her. And as LVP herself said to Kyle in Season 4, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Yes, I was just watching the Season 4 episode the other day where Ken chided their housekeeper (Rosio?) for wanting one of LVP's dresses that were being donted to charity. He said to her: "You're not underprivileged; you are very, very privileged." Not only was his tone so patronizing, but it takes some nerve for a multimillionaire to lecture his housekeeper about being privileged. It definitely carried hues of, "You're privileged because you work for us!" Which might be true in terms of how things compare in the housekeeping world, but is a completely oblivious thing to say. It also reminds me of the law suit that the VP-Todd's lost - part of the testimony revealed that Pandora told the prosecution, "You're lucky to work for us." So, so superior, entitled and obnoxious.

I do genuinely wonder what LVP fans make of the fact that even the Vanderpump Rules cast is getting disgruntled with her - for much of the same reasons as her RHoBH cast members - feeling like LVP wields her power in a demeaning way - and apparently when Ariana confronts her about it, LVP falls back on the old, "It was a joke, lighten up!" Is this just more of everyone in the world being jealous of LVP? Wanting to take LVP down? This is a genuine question. Because it seems wherever LVP goes, the same complaints stack up against her. And as LVP herself said to Kyle in Season 4, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

I guess LVP is going to have to redesign her restaurants in order to get over the awful confrontations coming her way. 😉

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I think we're talking past each other here. I recognize the emotions between caring and hating are different. But the underlying emotion is much the same to me - "hating" someone and "caring about" someone usually means some kind of emotional investment in that someone. Lisa likes to deny that she has emotional investment in anyone that isn't her family.

I wasn't sure of the circumstances between the exchange because I didn't watch VR at the time, but even as you've described them, I don't think it changes my feelings. I don't think that I thought Lisa was being flippant as much as she was being dismissive. 

Said in that way, I do think that makes sense and I agree (though emotional investment doesn't always have to come from a good place). Just having healthy conversation here, not set out to disprove your opinions on LVP, I'm just providing a different perspective because I find it relatable. I would say I'm considerate and thoughtful of others but my own personal experiences and insecurities in life have led me to a philosophical view that no one in this world is important enough to hate because that negativity has hurt me more than it has ever hurt anyone else. So it is more of my personal bias weighing in here and has less to do with trying to speak on LVP's behalf. I just got focused on the example you used but now is as good a time as any to clarify that I do agree with you that LVP does have a tendency to be flippant, especially with people who have annoyed her or people who try to confront her.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Ariana is the only one on Vanderpump Rules who is really chafing. Everyone else is thrilled to have the money to buy million dollar houses and travel the world and be partners in bars and all of the other riches they've reaped as a result of their relationship with Lisa. They know that she is sarcastic as hell and don't take it personally. It's her shtick, whether one finds it humorous or not.  But each and every one of them knows that if they were ever in any kind of trouble or desperately needed help of some sort that she would be there for them. She'd probably even help a Kristin in desperate straights. 

I am an avowed Lisa fan, but I realize she has her faults. What these women are doing, however, especially Kyle, is detestable.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I remember that. It rubbed lots of people the wrong way. I wonder if Ken was trying to make Rosio feel better in his own awkward way? However there are instances where I get the snob vibe from both of them. Do you remember when they were in Amsterdam and Lisa made fun of the guy Yolanda had apparently dated/kissed but didn’t remember. Lisa said to Yolanda “All this could have been yours,” referring to the man’s humble life. 

I like both Ken and Lisa. I think they’re an intelligent, hardworking couple with a wonderful marriage and family. They seem like decent people who now and then are out of touch. Most people do not marry people like Mohamed Hadid or David Foster. Most people don’t remodel their kitchen and say part of the reason is having a fight with a friend in it. But I suppose some of that is to be expected from RH of Beverly Hills. Adrienne Maloof could barely make PB&J and thought she should wash chicken with hand soap. 😂

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, politichick said:

Ariana is the only one on Vanderpump Rules who is really chafing. Everyone else is thrilled to have the money to buy million dollar houses and travel the world and be partners in bars and all of the other riches they've reaped as a result of their relationship with Lisa. They know that she is sarcastic as hell and don't take it personally. It's her shtick, whether one finds it humorous or not.  But each and every one of them knows that if they were ever in any kind of trouble or desperately needed help of some sort that she would be there for them. She'd probably even help a Kristin in desperate straights. 

I am an avowed Lisa fan, but I realize she has her faults. What these women are doing, however, especially Kyle, is detestable.

I mean, she needs them as much as they need her for that show. VP exists - and became popular - because of the drama.  Without all of them, LVP doesn't have VP because at the end of the day, LVP's life isn't all that interesting.

And FWIW, that's also how I feel about RHOBH - LVP alone is really super not interesting to me. She absolutely needs to have a bunch of drama queens around her, so that she can come off looking like the cool, calm, collected one. There's a reason why she seems to be constantly surrounded by a bunch of immature people addicted to drama - because she knows it allows her to look better by contrast.  It comes back to me, to her need to feel superior, and to feel as if all of those around her should just be so grateful to her for being allowed to be near her.

(I also disagree with the characterization that Ariana is the only one chafing about LVP's attitude - I think that both Toms are, probably; Jax indicated that he's over LVP after they had the big SUR meeting about James; and Kristen is clearly over her. Now, granted, Jax and Kristen are kind of insane people, so I'm not sure how much their judgment matters. But I don't think it's just Ariana, she's just the one willing to be the most vocal about her).

I don't hate LVP, for what that's worth. I think she is smart and can be generous. But at the end of the day, I think she doesn't like to admit she has any vulnerabilities, and her unwillingness to do so often then presents itself as someone who doesn't take the feelings of others very seriously.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, politichick said:

Ariana is definitely not the only one to mention this. Sandoval acknowledged that LVP uses him and Schwartz as her "punching bag." Stassi has said off the show that LVP doesn't show her true, authentic self - and she even publicly claimed that she strongly suspects LVP's hands are not totally clean in Puppygate. Kristen has made it abundantly clear that she feels LVP plays favorites in a way that creates big double standards. I think the VPR kids are generally less bothered by it because, yes, they are now famous because of LVP, and, yes, she is their boss (both at SUR and on the show). But it's clear (to me, anyway) that a lot of similarly-themed complaints circle around LVP regardless of the show. And I think it's very interesting that now that the VPR kids are becoming more "adult" and successful in their own right, we're seeing them less and less happy to toe the line. We'll see how it plays out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Ariana is definitely not the only one to mention this. Sandoval acknowledged that LVP uses him and Schwartz as her "punching bag." Stassi has said off the show that LVP doesn't show her true, authentic self - and she even publicly claimed that she strongly suspects LVP's hands are not totally clean in Puppygate. Kristen has made it abundantly clear that she feels LVP plays favorites in a way that creates big double standards. I think the VPR kids are generally less bothered by it because, yes, they are now famous because of LVP, and, yes, she is their boss (both at SUR and on the show). But it's clear (to me, anyway) that a lot of similarly-themed complaints circle around LVP regardless of the show. And I think it's very interesting that now that the VPR kids are becoming more "adult" and successful in their own right, we're seeing them less and less happy to toe the line. We'll see how it plays out.

Of course Lisa plays favorites. Everyone does. She has stated that she has a strange affection for Jax because he reminds her of Ken back in the Day. There has long been a rumor that Max is Ken's son from an extramarital relationship. I bet Ken was a player and I bet he stepped out on her early in their marriage. They got over it and built the loving marriage they have now. Of course she continually puts down Ken with her English humor. That is how she can jerk the leash. She sees a parallel with Jax and Brittany which is why she gives him chance after chance.

Similarly she sees herself in LaLa. She was also a hot young hostess who snagged a rich older man. So she puts up with more of her crap than she would with a nonentity like Kristen or Katie. 

The two Tom's owe everything to Vanderpump Rules. I think they are smart enough to not bite the hands that feeds them. Of course if they listen to their wives or girlfriends and start a pissing match with Lisa they can blow the whole thing. So I hope they shut up and count their money. Anything else would be really stupid.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, langford peel said:

Of course Lisa plays favorites. Everyone does. She has stated that she has a strange affection for Jax because he reminds her of Ken back in the Day. There has long been a rumor that Max is Ken's son from an extramarital relationship. I bet Ken was a player and I bet he stepped out on her early in their marriage. They got over it and built the loving marriage they have now. Of course she continually puts down Ken with her English humor. That is how she can jerk the leash. She sees a parallel with Jax and Brittany which is why she gives him chance after chance.

Similarly she sees herself in LaLa. She was also a hot young hostess who snagged a rich older man. So she puts up with more of her crap than she would with a nonentity like Kristen or Katie. 

The two Tom's owe everything to Vanderpump Rules. I think they are smart enough to not bite the hands that feeds them. Of course if they listen to their wives or girlfriends and start a pissing match with Lisa they can blow the whole thing. So I hope they shut up and count their money. Anything else would be really stupid.

Good managers actually try to make the effort to not "play favorites," even though that is often difficult. But regardless, the question wasn't really, "does LVP play favorites?" It was "are the VPR castmates expressing frustration with LVP?" Kristen is one example of someone who is. As are both of the Tom's, whether or not doing so is "biting the hand that feeds them."*

* I maintain that LVP needs them for the show as much as they need her.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Good managers actually try to make the effort to not "play favorites," even though that is often difficult. But regardless, the question wasn't really, "does LVP play favorites?" It was "are the VPR castmates expressing frustration with LVP?" Kristen is one example of someone who is. As are both of the Tom's, whether or not doing so is "biting the hand that feeds them."*

* I maintain that LVP needs them for the show as much as they need her.

Any or all of the cast can be reply tomorrow by a bunch of monkeys. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Ok, I didn’t really like Eilene. I fail to see her charm and I don’t follow her soap(s)? 

I guess that’s one of the reasons I also don’t care for Rinnar.

I did watch Denise’s reality show and I remember liking her and her Dad. Probably because I’m close to her Dad’s age. Omg!

See! I’ve aged out and I’m one of the younger boomers.

• Love 4

LVP was on Medium Tyler Henry's show last night.  It appeared that it was filmed long before her brother died.  Nanny K came through.   She passed away 10 years ago, and while LVP misses her,  she was still fairly upbeat during the reading and recalled fond memories.

Fast forward to this season of the RHs, and what I've seen is a very sad and pensive LVP.  There is definitely that sadness in her eyes.  This is what I don't understand about the other HWs.  Can't they see that?  I'm just some doofus out here in TV land watching from afar, and even I can see that she's hurting.  It just seems to me that the other ladies are either clueless or simply don't care about what she's been going through.   How can they keep piling on in their THs?  I'm not saying she should get a pass for life, but hell, those bitches need to back off.  Their constant drumbeat of "LVP did this, and LVP did that" has gotten tiresome for me.  

• Love 23

I'm still stunned at Kyle's "we've all got problems" reaction on the stairs at VanderPups. 

Had we ever seen LVP vulnerable? Yet that was the reaction from someone who called herself a close friend and uses the phrase "I love you" while insinuating LVP is a liar. 

Kyle saw that scene play out.  Did her blogs or tweets show remorse for being so selfish in that moment?   Has she ever acknowledged that sometimes you put your problems away when faced with someone's less then a year old grief?

• Love 17