Type keyword(s) to search

Kim Richards: No Escape from Witch Mountain

• Start Topic

First misconception of Kim's that needs to be cleared up is the majority of the people who watch the show are viewers - not fans.

I feel for Kingsley and then I tell myself they have the 36 month bite law in effect for a reason and I just can't see expending all kinds of energy to save Kingsley. He may have gotten a bad deal with his original owner putting him on Craig's List, Conrad adopting him and giving him to Whitney, and Whitney being unable to keep him and him going to Kim but I just feel like human safety and other pet safety outweighs my sympathy for the dog. The one trainer said he was unsuitable around other animals so I am wondering what happens to this dog if he spared under California law? They find a home a person who is willing to adopt a dog with a long bite history, who agrees not to have other people or animals in their home? It seems far more people are concerned about the dog than Kim. That has got to hurt Kim's feelings. In the very near future Kim has to clean up a legal mess she ignored that involved Kingsley. That is something that can haunt her for years.

Oh, Zoeysmom, I hear you on all counts. I really do. Despite that I find myself still leaning towards Kingsley and him getting a chance.

It's kind of crazy I know.

We were raised to treat people the way we want to be treated. Whether under the influence of alcohol/drugs or not, the manner in which Kim treats people let alone a dog just isn't something that I can swallow. On the flip side I'd give her a chance again once she does the work necessary. Her journey may be longer due to the fact that she herself probably has no clue how to act without drugs/alcohol in her system or who she really is. I probably could root for her on that journey. Not really sure.

And, then there is the Bravo factor. We see these women as Bravo wants us to see them. We comment on them based on this portrayal. And Bravo is ....well....Bravo and that is not necessarily a good thing at times.

Ok ...way too serious for me .... I wish I had that 'nice touch' that so many of you have when posting..... I think that's why I used to like doing 'fake' rumors that would attempt to get my point across.

• Love 4

In my mental fantasy, Brooke saw her mother crying and complaining about all the stress in her life during the reunion, including Brooke's upcoming wedding (and possibly Kim's intent to disinvite Kyle) and said, "Well, mom, if my wedding is causing you all of this stress, maybe you should just not be involved in the planning."

And pop went the weasel...and possibly the wine cork as well.

This is an interesting theroy. In one of Kim's last blogs, she says that "planning the wedding is the great joy in her life", or something like that. IMO that blog was in response to Brandi saying on the show that Kim was so stressed because of Monty and planning the wedding. Brandi also said Kim had no one to help her or something and Kim mentions some names and says these people are her best friends and are always there for her.

So I'm sure her daughter said something to her about was said on the show.

Kim was doing damage control. Brandi let half truths fall out her mouth. Kim was telling Brandi lies or Brandi was making excuses for Kim. Or both.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5

Brooke? Gave/allowed her mother to consume alcohol in the first place? What?

Loved Dr. Phil interjecting "in a bar"....... Over and over

I'm so confused! (What else is new?)

I thought Brooke was out of the country when Kim was arrested.

I thought Kim's kids would disown her if she drank.

Now suddenly Brooke is in California playing bartender for her mom?

I don't buy it. I think that Kim's excuses and deflections are getting more ridiculous and transparent as her brain gets more pickled and as she gets more desperate.

How horrible that she tried to put some of the responsibility for her relapse and (possible) drunk driving on Brooke though. If she would do that to her child, then there is no one she wouldn't throw under the bus to try to save herself.

• Love 10

So the root of Kim's problem is how her soon to be third husband was murdered

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/video/dr-phil-dishes-explosive-interview-real-housewives-star-30621359

I just saw that-c'mon she has had at least three rehabs since his murder, another child and at least one long term relationship.  It was tragic.  I am also thinking sometime in 1991 Kim was married and gave birth to Chad.  This man, her fiancé, was murdered in October of 1991.  The last thing Kim needs is Dr. Phil making up excuses for am almost 25 year old event.

• Love 6

We shouldn't be one bit surprised Kathy has came to the aid of Kim.  She probably so purchased Kim's lawyers for the dog biting and now the public intoxication.  This is all one more thing for Kim to throw in Kyle's grill later down the road and say Kathy is the better sister and Kyle has never been there for her.

All I keep thinking while Kathy was coaching up Kim to give damage control answers "You do coaching now!"

I thought I read in one of the articles on the Dr Phil show that was linked a couple of pages back that Kathy was running out during breaks in filming and coaching Kim on what to say.  Being used to all things Kim Richards, we can see that she is spinning her same old story - ie one time slip, one drink, happened to be driving right by the Polo Lounge, etc...  How good a sister is Good Sister Kathy when she in encouraging these lies?  This helps no one and is not doing anything for Kim's reputation.

On the other hand, there is Bad Sister Kyle after Kim's "one" pill slip up on Poker Night - her attitude is Kim slipped up but at least she was honest in telling me about it which is something that had never happened before.  Kim's go to reaction when called out is to lie and deflect.  Kyle took that night as a sign of growth.

To Kim and Kathy relying on the tried and true lies and deflection, (re Dr Phil) "How's that working for you?"

• Love 2

Dr. Phil said she was on her phone with her fiancé when he was shot. I don't know where that same from. He was shot outside a deli in 1991. I don't see how Kim could have been on the phone with him. She did have to identify the body which is gruesome enough. He was a victim of a paid hit. The gunman was caught, but he never revealed who hired him.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20439856,00.html

I remembered one of the housewives had this in her past, but didn't remember which one it was.

Phil said Kim was very honest in the interview.

Edited by Stinamaia

Loved Dr. Phil interjecting "in a bar"....... Over and over

That's my favorite too... so awesome! I can't wait to have the opportunity to mutter "in a bar" or whatever applies when having a conversation or watching someone on TV giving a ridiculous explanation.
  • Love 4

Dr Phil's father was an alcoholic so he is the perfect one to do this interview. He's seen and heard this all before . I gave up on Dr. Phil long ago but if he can ask the questions of Kim that need to be asked I will forgive him for shilling diet products and shoving Robin down our throats. I actually think he is the perfect one to interview her. His ego is the size of Texas and he will not be shut down on his own show or let her get her talking points in. It's seems so un Kim like to do a show like this. Has she seen his show? Or did she think she could shut him down like she does everyone else?

• Love 7

Actually, 2 inches in a standard lowball glass is the equivalent of 4 one ounce shots (or 4 ounces).

I am thinking most people serve non-alcoholic beverages (like we saw Kyle serve Kim) in rather large glasses so if she had two to four fingers it could a solid six shots.  If Kim had truly not had anything to drink in a long time even a three shot hit could put her over. 

• Love 4

I'm so confused! (What else is new?)

I thought Brooke was out of the country when Kim was arrested.

I thought Kim's kids would disown her if she drank.

Now suddenly Brooke is in California playing bartender for her mom?

I don't buy it. I think that Kim's excuses and deflections are getting more ridiculous and transparent as her brain gets more pickled and as she gets more desperate.

How horrible that she tried to put some of the responsibility for her relapse and (possible) drunk driving on Brooke though. If she would do that to her child, then there is no one she wouldn't throw under the bus to try to save herself.

Have you ever tried to stop a drunk from drinking? I have, and I can certify that you might as well try to herd cats. In fact, I'd go with the cats any time.  I don't blame the kid and Kim is a P.O. S. for bringing her into it. But then Kim is a P.O.S. period.   

• Love 6

Dr Phil's father was an alcoholic so he is the perfect one to do this interview. He's seen and heard this all before . I gave up on Dr. Phil long ago but if he can ask the questions of Kim that need to be asked I will forgive him for shilling diet products and shoving Robin down our throats. I actually think he is the perfect one to interview her. His ego is the size of Texas and he will not be shut down on his own show or let her get her talking points in. It's seems so un Kim like to do a show like this. Has she seen his show? Or did she think she could shut him down like she does everyone else?

Maybe this has been addressed, but anyone else wondering how Andy is liking this? I am betting, not much. He is used to getting the exclusive interviews, like he did with Teresa.

I bet he had a full on  hissy fit when he heard that little Kimmie was being interviewed by Dr. Phil on Network TV.

I just hope he holds a grudge long enough to fire her ass.

As for Dr. Phil, I might forgive his schilling and I could try to forgive his shoving his Stepford wife down our throats. but I will never, ever forgive him for paying the Anthony's for an interview.    

Edited by chlban
  • Love 5

Maybe this has been addressed, but anyone else wondering how Andy is liking this? I am betting, not much. He is used to getting the exclusive interviews, like he did with Teresa.

I bet he had a full on hissy fit when he heard that little Kimmie was being interviewed by Dr. Phil on Network TV.

I just hope he holds a grudge long enough to fire her ass.

As for Dr. Phil, I might forgive his schilling and I could try to forgive his shoving his Stepford wife down our throats. but I will never, ever forgive him for paying the Anthony's for an interview.

Don't hate me, mods. But could "Andy" posts get a thread?

Would like to answer this without hijacking.

• Love 1

Dr. Phil said she was on her phone with her fiancé when he was shot. I don't know where that same from. He was shot outside a deli in 1991. I don't see how Kim could have been on the phone with him. She did have to identify the body which is gruesome enough. He was a victim of a paid hit. The gunman was caught, but he never revealed who hired him.

I remembered one of the housewives had this in her past, but didn't remember which one it was.

I have read that he was at phone booth (outside of the deli)talking to someone. Could have been Kim. I can't remember where I read it.

Maybe, Zoeysmom is around and can help with the details. She is pretty good with stuff like that. Paging ZM :)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

I asked earlier if anyone knew how long, after taking a dog into custody, does animal control wait before putting them down. I am guessing 72 hours. If that's the case, then Kingsley is already dead -- unless someone like Cesar Millan picked him up.

Oh, I hope someone picked him up, saved him. This is making me feel sick.

• Love 3

I asked earlier if anyone knew how long, after taking a dog into custody, does animal control wait before putting them down. I am guessing 72 hours. If that's the case, then Kingsley is already dead -- unless someone like Cesar Millan picked him up.

CA has the Hayden Law that requires that any dog picked up by animal control be held for 4 days before being Euthanized. Governor Terminator attempted to overrule the law several years back, and got his ass handed to him by CA citizens.Big, bad Arnold backed down, so it is still in effect.  

However, that was meant to allow owners time  to find lost pets and rescues time to arrange for transport. I don't know if it applies if you voluntarily surrender you pet. I hope so, but I don' t know.

Kyle tweeted that the whole Kingsley got picked up by Animal Control was a rumor. And if you look at the comments from the link posted above, Several people tweeted Lisa to see if she could help save Kingsley, and she replied to one of them that she heard he is ok.

• Love 4

Oh, I hope someone picked him up, saved him. This is making me feel sick.

I feel bad for him, but unless a qualified pit trainer with significant experience and success with badly damaged dogs like Kingsley picked him up then it was the right thing to do. Kingsley is not safe for others to be around. This is Kim's fault. She had many chances to save Kingsley and get him proper help. In her care, Kingsley was always a threat and dangerous to people.

• Love 9

Kyle tweeted that the whole Kingsley got picked up by Animal Control was a rumor. And if you look at the comments from the link posted above, Several people tweeted Lisa to see if she could help save Kingsley, and she replied to one of them that she heard he is ok.

The person, who saw this herself, that reported it happened never said it was AC, just that Kingsley was removed from Kim's house and that they used the pole/collar on him. Many then assumed it was AC, myself included, because of the way he was taken but it is possible that some trainer also removed him this way because of how aggressive the dog is.

• Love 6

I hope that means he's in the care of someone qualified and not just a landing spot until Kim gets out of rehab.

• Love 7

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kim-richards-son-chad-says-brandi-glanville-is-toxic-on-dr-phil-2015274

Apparently the entire family is allergic to accountability as now her son is supposedly blaming Brandi. Brandi is a nasty piece of work but you can't blame her for an addict falling off the wagon. People make choices! 

I do not blame Brandi for anything having to do with Kim.      Kim choose who she wants to be around her and I am sure her choices include who she can manipulate and control the easiest and never question or confront them.

• Love 6
(edited)

Don't hate me, mods. But could "Andy" posts get a thread?

Would like to answer this without hijacking.

We have started a topic for Andy in the Main Forum since he relates to all the shows, not just this one. 

Also, it's totally cool to talk about the Dr. Phil interview in here. We don't need a separate thread for it I don't think. Thanks! 

Edited by Lisin
actually started Andy Topic
  • Love 6

I bet he had a full on hissy fit when he heard that little Kimmie was being interviewed by Dr. Phil on Network TV.

I just hope he holds a grudge long enough to fire her ass.

As for Dr. Phil, I might forgive his schilling and I could try to forgive his shoving his Stepford wife down our throats. but I will never, ever forgive him for paying the Anthony's for an interview.

While I can only guess, Kim's people chose Dr. Phil for several reasons: willing to pay for rehab, chance to redeem herself or convince an individual who attempts to solve problems that she has no problem.

Andy's show is not a serious forum for addressing dysfunction. I doubt he even sighed, unless it was in relief. She needs health professionals; Andy doesn't have them on call.

• Love 3

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kim-richards-son-chad-says-brandi-glanville-is-toxic-on-dr-phil-2015274

Apparently the entire family is allergic to accountability as now her son is supposedly blaming Brandi. Brandi is a nasty piece of work but you can't blame her for an addict falling off the wagon. People make choices! 

I read this, too, and, while I agree Brandi is toxic, Brandi did not pour that booze nor shove those pills down Kim's throat.

Kim's addiction issues have been present for decades before she even met Brandi.

It did make me wonder if perhaps the reason Brandi told Jennifer during their talk at the beach that she was getting uncomfortable even having a glass of wine around Kim was that perhaps Kim had started wanting to have a glass with her.  

Certainly, Kim is a grown-assed woman and, if she asks for a glass of wine, under normal circumstances, one could refuse to serve it to her...but in this case Kim would have left in a huff and Brandi wouldn't have had anyone left to film with.  Add to that the fact that it's pretty much guaranteed if anyone heard Brandi had served Kim an alcoholic beverage, Kyle and others would no doubt have done just what Chad is doing..blamed Brandi for Kim's "relapse" (in quotes because I've never believed Kim has been substance-free during this show's entire run).  

I don't think we'll ever hear the truth about what was really going on behind the scenes with Brandi and Kim but I'm again putting the responsibility for Kim's choices on Kim.  As much as I deplore Brandi, she is not responsible for Kim's choices.

• Love 8

All he said was that Brandi is toxic. I don't see where he is blaming her at all.

• Love 12

Cell phone? We had them in 1991.

• Love 2

Unless he has her strapped to a polygraph machine I don't know how he could accurately judge how "honest" she was.

Hell, even strapped to a polygraph machine, Kim is so narcissistic and delusional, I'd be hard pressed to believe anything she said even if she passed it.

• Love 7

All he said was that Brandi is toxic. I don't see where he is blaming her at all.

Exactly. I agree she isn't  to blame, Kim is. However, I also agree that she is toxic. Many posters have posted throughout the season that Brandi is a terrible influence on Kim. That is not to say she is responsible for her, but it's not rocket science to figure out that an addict like Kim shouldn't be hanging around a lush like Brandi.   

• Love 10

So the root of Kim's problem is how her soon to be third husband was murdered

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/video/dr-phil-dishes-explosive-interview-real-housewives-star-30621359

You go, girl! You are this board's Walter Cronkite (as was previously mentioned).

Right. It his opinion of how he sees Brandi. And, for all we know, he may know more about what goes on between those two than we, the public, will ever know. He might be referring to Brandi talking shit about Kim's relationship with Kyle. We have watched first-hand through the show how Brandi manipulates and twists things around. We saw how she went from being Kyle's friend to slamming her out of the blue with the name-calling and talking about Mauricio cheating on Kyle. God knows what sort of things she has talked to Kim about behind closed doors at Kim's home where her kids might have watched or heard some things that were said. There is also that comment Brandi put out there about Kyle having done something "unforgivable" at Brooke's wedding. He might be referring to that and the other lies she has told. To me, that is a toxic person.

A lot of us have mentioned Brandi is toxic as well as so many other things, but we have maintained Kim is responsible for her own choices. Just as Brandi is not responsible for Kim, Kim is not responsible for Brandi being a toxic trick.

• Love 11

I agree.

We will see when it airs in what context he says Brandi is toxic.

We also have to remember Chad saw how Kyle was treated by Brandi. I'm sure he didn't like the treatment of his aunt. Kim is his mother so he might give her a pass (I don't agree that Kim gets a pass for treating Kyle like trash). Brandi is nothing to him, so watching Brandi threaten Kyle, I'm sure made Brandi look toxic.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6

Ugh.  I just can't with her during this interview.  She pours on the waterworks and tries to change the topic whenever it gets to something she doesn't want to talk about.

• Love 15

I actually think this is a very good, meaningful interview.  He has honed in very quickly on some of the causes of her addiction and need to narcotize her pain.

She's tap dancing very hard, but that's normal for addicts.

I'm glad to see on the RadarOnline above, that the show is paying for her rehab--that means he will stay on top of her if she will let him--and will continue to call her on her delusions.

Some of the pictures they are showing of younger Kim make me sad to see what a mess she is now--she was a beautiful young woman.

• Love 9

So Kim is at the Malibu Beach Sober Living.  Based off the pictures they showed on Dr Phil. She's going to be treated like royalty!

I think when Brooke went to go get her and she was having a diva tantrum, I think heard Kathy's voice slightly.

I kind of got happy when she said she'll walk away from the show.  Oh please do it.  Please do it for us viewers.  You have no idea the gift you would give us.

Wow I'm going to start trusting in DailyMail they got all their spoilers dead on!! LOL.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 12

This doesn't read to me like he is blaming Brandi. It looks like he is stating a simple fact. Brandi IS toxic. Acknowledging that doesn't put the blame on her, it just means that she is not good for Kim to be around. Which I think most of us agree with.

• Love 16