Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

Whatever happened to the sitcom she was supposed to have on TV Land? 

It's caught up in the restructuring that is going on so is slated to premiere in 2018 on the retooled Spike which will become the Paramount Network in January.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, what's the deal with them buying in Encino?  Why not live in Beverly Hills?  It's not so far from there, right?  I'm not from that area.  Anyone know much about it?

Bel Air (as mentioned in the article is where Kyle's home has been for a few years now) is virtually all residential. It sits north of Sunset Blvd and is built upward into the hills. It has lots of twisty roads and lovely homes. If you were to keep driving north in Bel Air you'd hit the ridge line of the Santa Monica Mountains (they're really foothills but we call them mountains). Go over them and start downward and you're in the San Fernando Valley.

Encino is among the more affluent SFV neighborhoods altho, like everywhere, there are sections more desirable than others. It's a mix of residential and commercial. The area known as "South of the Boulevard" (Ventura Blvd) is the most luxe. Why they are moving, who knows -- a property flip? Or maybe the tax breaks from a city with a large commercial district? Where does Portia go to school? 

Beverly Hills proper is actually east of Bel Air. It is situated mostly south of Sunset ( a bit trickles up into the hills) and spreads east and west, too. It's a mix of residential and commercial, lots of high-end shops and restaurants, of course, altho mid-priced chains and eateries lease there, too. HW sighting: a year or so ago, Mr. SCS and I were walking to Sharkys on Beverly Blvd and passed Adrienne Maloof and her boys as they were heading into a hobby/toy shop. She's quite pretty and tiny.

Directly south of Bel Air across Sunset is UCLA. And some areas thought to be Beverly Hills aren't-- for example Holmby Hills (where the famous Playboy Mansion sits) has beautiful properties but is considered part of West LA/Westwood.

There will be a test tomorrow. ;-D

• Love 13
11 hours ago, SCS said:

Bel Air (as mentioned in the article is where Kyle's home has been for a few years now) is virtually all residential. It sits north of Sunset Blvd and is built upward into the hills. It has lots of twisty roads and lovely homes. If you were to keep driving north in Bel Air you'd hit the ridge line of the Santa Monica Mountains (they're really foothills but we call them mountains). Go over them and start downward and you're in the San Fernando Valley.

Encino is among the more affluent SFV neighborhoods altho, like everywhere, there are sections more desirable than others. It's a mix of residential and commercial. The area known as "South of the Boulevard" (Ventura Blvd) is the most luxe. Why they are moving, who knows -- a property flip? Or maybe the tax breaks from a city with a large commercial district? Where does Portia go to school? 

Beverly Hills proper is actually east of Bel Air. It is situated mostly south of Sunset ( a bit trickles up into the hills) and spreads east and west, too. It's a mix of residential and commercial, lots of high-end shops and restaurants, of course, altho mid-priced chains and eateries lease there, too. HW sighting: a year or so ago, Mr. SCS and I were walking to Sharkys on Beverly Blvd and passed Adrienne Maloof and her boys as they were heading into a hobby/toy shop. She's quite pretty and tiny.

Directly south of Bel Air across Sunset is UCLA. And some areas thought to be Beverly Hills aren't-- for example Holmby Hills (where the famous Playboy Mansion sits) has beautiful properties but is considered part of West LA/Westwood.

There will be a test tomorrow. ;-D

Fascinating.  I love stuff like this.  I have been intrigued with CA since childhood. Do you live there?  I had a friend who lived in Sherman Oaks for a few years, but, I never visited her during that time.  I regret that.

I think the new house, that Kyle bought, is nice.  Quite a bit larger than I imagined her in, but, I suppose she wants to spread out.  Her former home seemed quite humble, imo. By celebrity standards, that is. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Fascinating.  I love stuff like this.  I have been intrigued with CA since childhood. Do you live there?  I had a friend who lived in Sherman Oaks for a few years, but, I never visited her during that time.  I regret that.

I think the new house, that Kyle bought, is nice.  Quite a bit larger than I imagined her in, but, I suppose she wants to spread out.  Her former home seemed quite humble, imo. By celebrity standards, that is. 

I do, indeed, just not in the areas mentioned.

Sherman Oaks, where your friend lived, is also in the San Fernando Valley -- it is the city directly east of Encino, and has a mix of single and multi-unit residences and a large commercial district.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, SCS said:

I do, indeed, just not in the areas mentioned.

Sherman Oaks, where your friend lived, is also in the San Fernando Valley -- it is the city directly east of Encino, and has a mix of single and multi-unit residences and a large commercial district.

My friend worked in worked in a gift boutique and did see some stars while living there and at her workplace. I should have visited during that time.  She and her husband moved away though, because she said she couldn't find any house below a million dollars. lol

Do you know how far, distance wise, it would be from where Kyle's former house is from Jack Nicholson's house on Mulholland Drive?  That road looks quite risky. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My friend worked in worked in a gift boutique and did see some stars while living there and at her workplace. I should have visited during that time.  She and her husband moved away though, because she said she couldn't find any house below a million dollars. lol

Do you know how far, distance wise, it would be from where Kyle's former house is from Jack Nicholson's house on Mulholland Drive?  That road looks quite risky. 

I don't but many of those Bel Air roads can be hazardous especially with drivers going too fast around the blind turns. 

Mullholland is the road that runs the SanMo Moutains ridge line from roughly the H'wood hills (this would be to the east), then travels above Studio City, Sherman Oaks and Encino Hills. It ends there as a drivable road (cyclists and hikers use the unpaved stretch for workouts) and then becomes accessible by car for a few more miles west. Homes on Mullholland  have views south to the LA's westside, north to the SFV and, on clear days, east to the San Gabriel mountains and far west to the Pacific ocean (note, I said on a clear day, :-D). It's a coveted bit of real estate.

• Love 3
On 10/31/2017 at 10:31 AM, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

As outdated as the older listing is, at least it looked comfortable. All the renovations make it look so antiseptic. 

To each their own, I think the older listing is hideous and a collection of spaces that I'd want to redo from top to bottom especially those bathrooms and that kitchen. There is definitely stuff that I don't like in the reno, but it seems a lot more workable than the before, though I hate the floors. I'm curious about where they added 2,500 square ft of living space between the before and after.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm curious about where they added 2,500 square ft of living space between the before and after.

It appears the added to the back of the house off the kitchen making it more of a great room with a casual dining space and living space and on the top floor of that addition made a much larger master and added two more bedrooms and a bath. I am sort of surprised the listing doesn't include floor plans.

I also agree that the previous reno was ugly as shit, it would also make a difference when it was sold which also could impact the price.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

To each their own, I think the older listing is hideous and a collection of spaces that I'd want to redo from top to bottom especially those bathrooms and that kitchen. There is definitely stuff that I don't like in the reno, but it seems a lot more workable than the before, though I hate the floors. I'm curious about where they added 2,500 square ft of living space between the before and after.

Oh, don't get me wrong. The previous decorating was hideous (which is why I said outdated). But the new styling looks so modern for so a traditional looking (on the outside) house. I like how they redid the upstairs master area. I wish they had included floor plans too, just to see how it is now laid out.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh, now I am confused. 

The house has been on the market twice both with listings by The Agency. The first set of pictures are from the first time and then was sold to someone who remodelled and then decided to sell and that's when the second set of pics were taken. Kyle and Mauricio just bought it and none of these pictures are from after their purchase.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

The house has been on the market twice both with listings by The Agency. The first set of pictures are from the first time and then was sold to someone who remodelled and then decided to sell and that's when the second set of pics were taken. Kyle and Mauricio just bought it and none of these pictures are from after their purchase.

Thank you biakbiak, I am usually not that easily confused.  Can't wait to see how Kyle makes the house her own.  The backyard looks like a good place for her White Party.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Thank you biakbiak, I am usually not that easily confused.  Can't wait to see how Kyle makes the house her own.  The backyard looks like a good place for her White Party.

I’m with you - it’ll be fun to see what Kyle does with the house! Going by her last place, it will probably be better than either listing - she’s good at combining nice style with a homey feeling.

• Love 4
On 11/2/2017 at 8:46 PM, nexxie said:

I’m with you - it’ll be fun to see what Kyle does with the house! Going by her last place, it will probably be better than either listing - she’s good at combining nice style with a homey feeling.

It’s a beautiful home, before, before and hopefully the latest after, it has good bones!  The yard is gorgeous.  

It will be fun to see Kyle’s updates...although she mentions she wanted Faye to help her...:( 

• Love 7
On 12/26/2017 at 2:16 PM, biakbiak said:

Kyle posted this in basically real time, like 9 pm on Christmas Eve. 

This proves my point that Bravo made it and gave it to her to post.  I am surprised that some cannot look at that and see Photoshop at work.  Again, I am not saying those people were not in attendance, they were.  They just did not pose for that picture.   :^)  

45 minutes ago, Wings said:

This proves my point that Bravo made it and gave it to her to post.  I am surprised that some cannot look at that and see Photoshop at work.  Again, I am not saying those people were not in attendance, they were.  They just did not pose for that picture.   :^)  

I don't understand how that proves your point. I highly doubt Bravo had people working late into the night on Christmas Eve cobbling together a photo for Kyle's IG to get a picture with David Foster that then three days later they would than pull off her IG to publish an article on their website.

You see photoshop others like myself do not, particularly given the timing.

• Love 6

It really is silly to post so much information on social media about your comings and goings. I remind some of my family members of this all the time. But really, with someone like Kyle, one would imagine it would have been an inside job. A random person reading it on social media would have zero idea if a housekeeper or other staff were there. Or if they had someone housesitting the pets. Must have been someone who knew what was going on and felt secure that no one would be at the house. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, gundysgirl said:

It really is silly to post so much information on social media about your comings and goings. I remind some of my family members of this all the time. But really, with someone like Kyle, one would imagine it would have been an inside job. A random person reading it on social media would have zero idea if a housekeeper or other staff were there. Or if they had someone housesitting the pets. Must have been someone who knew what was going on and felt secure that no one would be at the house. 

The article did say they suspect it was an "inside" job but with all the construction going on, they needed to have someone at the house 24/7 while they were gone or at least make sure the alarm was set at night. It seems someone forgot to set the alarm, after all, an alarm only works/helps when it is used properly. LOL

• Love 2

I wonder if they board the dogs when they're away.  With that many, it would be much easier to hire a live-in petsitter.  That also gives you the benefit of having someone at your home when you're away to avoid situations like this.

• Love 4
On 11/2/2017 at 8:46 PM, nexxie said:

You mean the morally corrupt Faye Resnick is good at decorating! 

The original listing was a bit outdated but was a “ home”. The new and “ improved “ listing is an estate. Super sterile and vanilla, but, that is how a listing is supposed to be~ a blank slate for potential buyers to imagine their own touches. 

I have been lecturing my mother on social media safety and NOT posting any travel or hints they aren’t home until afterwards.... she doesn’t quite understand. Wonder why the Umansky ‘s didn’t have their security system on?!

• Love 3
On 12/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, Wings said:

I know you didn't.   I am the one calling it a composite.  I seriously doubt Sophia would wear the same jacket 2 years in a row for a group picture.  There is something off about it.  Kathy Hilton's jacketed arm is out of place in this years pic.  Her hand is resting on Kris' shoulder but her body is no where to be found.  Looks like Faye was dropped in.   There is a lot wrong here!  

ETA.  Remember those puzzles in the back of children's Highlight magazine.  You have to circle everything you see that is wrong in the picture.  That is what I am doing and there are many circles to be drawn!  Both seasons are a composite. 

The picture is not a composite - there would be no reason to do that.

On 12/26/2017 at 1:35 PM, Wings said:

Got that, just saying her arm is though!  

She didn't but Bravo did.  It is all about promotion and buzz.  The creator was just not that good. 

Kathy's arm is in this year's picture??  I don't believe so.

21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don't understand how that proves your point. I highly doubt Bravo had people working late into the night on Christmas Eve cobbling together a photo for Kyle's IG to get a picture with David Foster that then three days later they would than pull off her IG to publish an article on their website.

You see photoshop others like myself do not, particularly given the timing.

Right!

On 12/26/2017 at 10:10 AM, zoeysmom said:

Nicky Hilton's baby shower-all the female cousins and no Kim plus Bethenny Frankel:  https://theblast.com/photos/nicky-hilton-baby-shower/  .  

Ok, why is Nicky having another baby shower?  This is her second child, and she definitely doesn't need the gifts.  They just need a reason to have a party?

I wonder if the Hiltons are speaking to Mauricio again, or if he is still on the outs.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

The picture is not a composite - there would be no reason to do that.

Kathy's arm is in this year's picture??  I don't believe so.

Right!

Ok, why is Nicky having another baby shower?  This is her second child, and she definitely doesn't need the gifts.  They just need a reason to have a party?

I wonder if the Hiltons are speaking to Mauricio again, or if he is still on the outs.

I was thinking the same thing-what do they get the new baby-gold bars?

Mauricio has a lot of co-listings with Hilton & Hyland so my guess is they buried the hatchet.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I think in families like this it's all about the photo opp. God forbid there be pictures of the first born's baby shower and not the second. 

• Love 4
On 12/28/2017 at 2:18 PM, gundysgirl said:

This also reminds me of the Bling Ring. They scouted out celebrity homes and robbed them based on when they knew they’d be out of the house (social media posts, etc). Paris Hilton was a victim. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, ivygirl said:

This also reminds me of the Bling Ring. They scouted out celebrity homes and robbed them based on when they knew they’d be out of the house (social media posts, etc). Paris Hilton was a victim. 

I thought of the same exact thing. Also notable was that Paris' home was unlocked every time it was burglarized. I would hope that Kyle and Mauricio learned that lesson, but perhaps not.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3