Type keyword(s) to search

Kyle Richards: Pantene Poster Girl

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I love that she seems to prefer big dogs.  I love all dogs, but lap dogs that can pass as a stuffed animal aren't my thing.  I love to play, get drooled on, get a little hair on my clothes that I have to brush off.  And I love how excited Kyle was - not a sexual innuendo in site.  Imagine that. 

I have a large breed dog-guarantee to shed year round, and gets the drool on when she plays outdoors. 

I keep thinking they should have a doggie bowl-the Todd/Vanderpups vs. Umansky/Richards-two weight classes the under twenty pounders and over 20 pounders. LVP has three non-toy breeds and Kyle has three, LVP has a bunch of toy breed and Kyle has two.  It would make for some interesting film.

Or they could all just keep fighting and leave the dogs out of it.   

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I keep thinking they should have a doggie bowl-the Todd/Vanderpups vs. Umansky/Richards-two weight classes the under twenty pounders and over 20 pounders. LVP has three non-toy breeds and Kyle has three, LVP has a bunch of toy breed and Kyle has two.  It would make for some interesting film.

They actually did that on Melbourne and it was hilarious. I remember some of us posting that we'd love to see some of the other franchises copy it.

• Love 2

I think it's adorable. Kids don't fake very well. You can tell they love their mom and are all very sweet with the present ("where's dad?"). Almost like normal people. But my normal person self would be paranoid about when the puppy went out last. Not a lot of time for crying and hugging when you're scared of a squat. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think she is promoting pre-screening for things like Tay-Sachs. 

If that's the case then Kokapetl has a point. I don't think it makes sense for Kyle to say that she was tested, have her eldest daughter with Mauricio say that she was tested with Kyle  standing there supporting her.

7 hours ago, Kokapetl said:
Is Kyle planning more children? Does she know that she's not part of the ethnic group that's at risk for Jewish genetic diseases?

From http://jscreen.org/everyone/

Everyone is at risk for being a carrier of a genetic disease. JScreen can help. Individuals with no Jewish ancestry, or both Jewish and non-Jewish ancestry, should also be screened with JScreen's panel of over 100 diseases. The truth is, everyone is a carrier for genetic alterations regardless of their ethnic background. It is a common misconception that individuals without Jewish ancestry are not at risk to be carriers for the genetic diseases found most commonly in the Jewish population. Although occurrences are less frequent outside of the Jewish population, the diseases are found in other ethnicities as well. In addition to the Jewish genetic diseases, there are many other genetic diseases that are commonly found in the general population.

Also, the Umanskys are Jewish.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, editorgrrl said:

From http://jscreen.org/everyone/

Also, the Umanskys are Jewish.

I think the point was that it would have made more sense if her girls got screened because they have Jewish ancestory but Kyle converted to Judaism so she doesn't have the same risk factors. Maybe JSCREEN is trying to branch out to the gentile/converted market.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, WireWrap said:

What did she get screened for?

Jewish genetic diseases. 

16 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Does she have to be at risk to raise awareness? 

Condidering she's bordering on menopausal and not Jewish, even if she wasn't too late, she's still not part of the endogamous population that the screening is intended for. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Jewish genetic diseases. 

Condidering she's bordering on menopausal and not Jewish, even if she wasn't too late, she's still not part of the endogamous population that the screening is intended for. 

But does that mean she is not allowed to raise awareness for it? Especially considering her daughters could be at risk?

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 13

Well, today I happened to walk past Kyle's store on Third Ave in Manhattan. Sadly there was nothing in the window to make me pause and really look. There was a sweater that said something cutesy about the wearer not being a cook, a fluffy pink top with an attached fluffy pink scarf, etc, etc. Compared to other clothing stores in the neighborhood the window seemed noticeably unsophisticated and dated. I guess they're hoping to attract that certain woman with money who wants cutesy, expensive but disposable clothing? Good luck with that.

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 0:02 PM, zoeysmom said:

Apparently Portia met Stormy moments before Kyle-truly like mother, like daughter.    

Whichever daughter is speaking, Farrah or Alexia, sounds just like Kyle.  It confused me for a moment.  And I love when people with money show more excitement for a puppy than jewelry.  We've seen it with Kyle and LVP.  And I love that, for once, it isn't a purebred adoption.  Mixed breed dogs have lower risk for breed-specific issues.  And I find them cuter.

• Love 10

I refuse to watch the new apprentice show, but had to laugh out loud at a local TV ad for it.  It highlighted how "Kylie" Richards was going to be on it.  Oops, confusing her with Kylie Jenner must be a downer.

• Love 3

http://people.com/tv/kyle-richards-alicia-silverstone-new-tv-land-childhood-show/

American Woman has landed a 12-episode order on TV Land. No premiere date has been set yet.

“I don’t know if I’m always excited about it. Sometimes I go, ‘Oh, my gosh.’ I think, in sharing the stories about my life growing up… I was a child actor my whole life,” the 47-year-old explained of her childhood. “My mom let me drive myself to work everyday at the studio from 13 years old. I had no license. She doctored my birth certificate to say I was a year older, so I was emancipated when I was 13, not 14.”

• Love 3
2 hours ago, editorgrrl said:

Kyle's childhood and pre-HW stories are a never-ending torrent of weird. I remember one interview in which she said she and her first husband could barely communicate in the early days of their marriage because she didn't speak his language and he wasn't terribly fluent in English (not sure why she'd marry someone with whom she hadn't had an in-depth chat but then -- this is Kyle so maybe they were content with point and click. Must have been some wedding night.)  I hope there's not a tell-all in the works where we learn Big K traded Kyle to this guy to settle gambling debts or something. Ew.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Kyle's childhood and pre-HW stories are a never-ending torrent of weird. I remember one interview in which she said she and her first husband could barely communicate in the early days of their marriage because she didn't speak his language and he wasn't terribly fluent in English (not sure why she'd marry someone with whom she hadn't had an in-depth chat but then -- this is Kyle so maybe they were content with point and click. Must have been some wedding night.)  I hope there's not a tell-all in the works where we learn Big K traded Kyle to this guy to settle gambling debts or something. Ew.

If you haven't read House of Hilton, I'd encourage you to do so. Big Kathy was a manipulative gold-digging sociopath. She stressed to her girls that they do whatever they need to do to get a rich husband, including lots of sex and getting pregnant. She allegedly gave them "sex" lessons with men. Kyle's first husband is reportedly from a wealthy Indonesian family. Kyle was pregnant when they married. I don't think there's a tell-all in the works because none of Big Kathy's kids realize she was an abusive asshole. They think she was the best.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't understand the whole emancipation for children thing. Why does it exist? 

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-emancipation.htm

Emancipation is a legal way for children to become adults before they are 18. Once a child is emancipated, his or her parents do not have custody or control of him or her anymore.

If you are emancipated, you can do some things without your parent’s permission, like:

• Get medical care;
  • Apply for a work permit;
  • Live where you want to.
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

But these are still children. The idea of nobody being their guardian and nobody having custody of a 14 (13) year old sounds negligent. It Big Kathy couldn't be assed to organize schooling, health care, and sign documents for Kyle, was someone else keeping an eye on the situation?

Don't know about Kyle's situation, when Drew Barrymore got emancipated at 14 she got her own apartnent. Ariel Winter from Modern Family lived with her much older sister. I have friends who have been emancipated and two lived on their own and one with the family of their best friend, it's not an easy process and you have to go to court to male it happen. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

But these are still children. The idea of nobody being their guardian and nobody having custody of a 14 (13) year old sounds negligent. It Big Kathy couldn't be assed to organize schooling, health care, and sign documents for Kyle, was someone else keeping an eye on the situation?

Kyles grandma also lived in the home.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Don't like the vein on the side of Kyle's forehead. It's like the tell-tale botox sign.  Also Mo's jacket?  A tad too The Most Interesting Man in the World.

I have to say I have never pictured Mauricio as a velvet jacket kind of guy.  I do like Kyle's jumpsuit.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, jinjer said:

Don't like the vein on the side of Kyle's forehead. It's like the tell-tale botox sign.  Also Mo's jacket?  A tad too The Most Interesting Man in the World.

Only a tad?

I thought "who is he trying to impress?"  who even does the crushed velvet jacket thing anymore?  Hugh Hefner Wannabes?  New money?  Does it bear the crest of some desired and envied country club that no one else in the country/world has ever heard or given a rat's ass about?  To me, it screams pretentiousness, but that's my opinion.

• Love 4

Well, if it's for a photo shoot, then I think it works. They both look good.

who even does the crushed velvet jacket thing anymore?

Matthew McConaughey at the 2014 Golden Globes, for one.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 8

The last time it was cool to wear a velvet ANYTHING was to your prom or as a Pip/Temptation.

You either have NO taste or are on stage as a Motown cover band.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, AnitaKnight said:

Only a tad?

I thought "who is he trying to impress?"  who even does the crushed velvet jacket thing anymore?  Hugh Hefner Wannabes?  New money?  Does it bear the crest of some desired and envied country club that no one else in the country/world has ever heard or given a rat's ass about?  To me, it screams pretentiousness, but that's my opinion.

He probably has on his "The Agency' tube socks and underwear on............

• Love 4

The velvet jacket is made even more hideous by the gray velvet trim.  Dollars to donuts he's wearing Stubbs and Wootton's.  Or patent leather loafers.  Yeah, that's it.  Patent leather, no socks.  For sure.

I will say, I'm happy to see Kyle not showing a yard of cleavage for a change.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Kyle's "ridiculously large" wedding party:  Look how great Kim looks.  Anyway it is their 21st anniversary.

I see all the Hiltons and Kim's oldest three, and what I'm guessing is Farrah.  Where's Big Kathy?  And who's the lady right up against Mauricio's back?  I though it was his mother, but I spy her over on the left.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I see all the Hiltons and Kim's oldest three, and what I'm guessing is Farrah.  Where's Big Kathy?  And who's the lady right up against Mauricio's back?  I though it was his mother, but I spy her over on the left.

Mothers aren't usually part of the bridal party.  There are no moms in the photo.  Notice all the women have the same dress on. Farrah was in white and got a ring.  I think that is Mauricio's sister.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2017 at 9:29 AM, zoeysmom said:

Kyle's "ridiculously large" wedding party:  Look how great Kim looks.  Anyway it is their 21st anniversary.

I'm surprised to see that Kyle got married in 1996. Those bridesmaid dresses don't look like 1996. They look very late 80s or early 90s. My brother got married in 1996 and the bridesmaid dresses were fairly minimalist as was the style then (think Calvin Klein, Prada, and slip dresses). 

• Love 1

I married in 1991 and the dresses look a bit dated even for then. I'm assuming their ceremony was interfaith leaning to Judaism and that there probably weren't modesty restrictions requiring those long muttony sleeves.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 2
On 1/26/2017 at 3:59 PM, Almost 3000 said:

I married in 1991 and the dresses look a bit dated even for then. I'm assuming their ceremony was interfaith leaning to Judaism and that there probably weren't modesty restrictions requiring those long muttony sleeves.

It was just a Jewish ceremony, Kyle converted in order to marry him.

• Love 2
On January 25, 2017 at 3:16 PM, RedheadZombie said:

I touch the picture and people are tagg so is it Kathy next to Maurico ? 

1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

Oh wow. She really was on ER. Nurse Dori!

Kyle worked a fair amount as an adult. It's true that she and Mo were never as rich as Rick and Kathy or Kim has been at various times, but I suspect they were pretty comfortable. I wonder if just working as an adult had some normalizing effect on Kyle--going on auditions as an adult, getting rejections as an adult, walking on to sets where she's not the star. She did 21 episodes of ER as Nursery Dori, which is great. However, ER has 331 episodes. Dori almost always had fewer than 5 lines. I'm sure Kyle was happy that they liked her enough to ask her to come back, but it wasn't as if this was beaucoups bucks either. Perhaps if Kim had  more experiences like this as an adult she might be in a better place now.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2