Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

I don't see how anyone reading it wouldn't think of Arrow.  I really enjoyed the part where they blamed the loss of ratings on losing the shippers.  (And giving credit to the rise in ratings for another show for a good shipper story)

• Love 5

I have been reading a lot about Carrie Fisher today, and I was reminded of something that thought that was similar in Star Wars and Arrow.

In Star Wars Episode IV Leia and Luke

Spoiler

have losses: Leia her planet, Alderaan, probably including family and friends. Luke his mentor of a couple of days, Ben Kenobi.

Nobody hugs Leia or says sorry for your loss. Luke gets a blanket, the chance to talk about his feelings and Leia listening him and taking care of him.

Compare this with Arrow 5.09. Oliver is tricked to kill Felicity's boyfriend but everybody (including Felicity) focuses in his feelings, not hers (at least Felicity can cry and get a hug from Thea).

Clearly, manpain is still more important than female sadness

Edited by emarasmoak
  • Love 9

When, on a long car ride with your mom and sister (who only watch The Flash, and stopped watching Arrow partway through season 1), it comes up that they had no idea that Sara had come back from the alleged dead, ever, you then spent the hour long car ride explaining basically everything that has happened since mid season 1, sounding something like "and than it turns out Sara never really died, she actually got picked up by an evil scientist on a pirate freighter, and she became a badass, than she saved Oliver, than she became an assassin with a hot girlfriend, than she came back and was a superhero, and than she died, than Laurel brought her back because of John Constantine's magic, than Laurel was a superhero, and than she died, and Oliver has a Cousin Oliver kid, than he and Felicity got engaged, and than she dumped him when he lied about his kid, and than Sara went off to travel time with another show, and Oliver is the mayor now, and, oh yeah, he has run into like 2 billion people on the island and has traveled half the world while he was supposed to be in the island, and than..." while family just stares in confusion. When you say it all out loud, it all sounds a little...odd. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 10

You google for information on Madam Secretary and run into a rumour that Liam Neeson might guest star. They don't even mention it on the MS forum. You giggle to yourself and think "Ha! On the Arrow forum we'd be freaking out about who his character is going to hook up with and whether he's a ship stall."

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You google for information on Madam Secretary and run into a rumour that Liam Neeson might guest star. They don't even mention it on the MS forum. You giggle to yourself and think "Ha! On the Arrow forum we'd be freaking out about who his character is going to hook up with and whether he's a ship stall."

Nadine sure needs some lovin'!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

When you have the TV on and not paying attention to it and hear what you think is Olicity and quickly take a look and realize it's a drug for Truliciy. I have no idea what it's for but I did feel stupid.

Ugh don't even remind me. I swear I almost got whiplash after hearing that commercial for like the 4th time.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

When you have the TV on and not paying attention to it and hear what you think is Olicity and quickly take a look and realize it's a drug for Truliciy. I have no idea what it's for but I did feel stupid.

It's a diabetes drug... and it's been haunting me for about over a year now! I posted about this months ago. Like @way2interested, my neck is still sore from the whiplash. In my Arrow rage moments, it taunts me. In my Arrow nostalgic moments, it makes me yearn for old days.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kismet said:

It's a diabetes drug... and it's been haunting me for about over a year now! I posted about this months ago. Like @way2interested, my neck is still sore from the whiplash. In my Arrow rage moments, it taunts me. In my Arrow nostalgic moments, it makes me yearn for old days.

This is me.  Every time the commercial comes on I start brooding.  

• Love 4

You're not alone...

Lucifer Swings Both Ways? Who Gets Into The Good Place? Was Will & Grace Coda But a Dream? And More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Dave Nemetz, Ryan Schwartz, Rebecca Iannucci and Charlie Mason / January 20 2017
http://tvline.com/2017/01/20/the-good-place-season-1-finale-who-goes-to-good-place-tv-questions-answers/

22 | When the commercial for Trulicity comes on, do you for a moment wonder what new ‘ship Arrow has come up with?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

It's nice to not be alone in something related to Arrow & the Arrow fandom. Sometimes it feels a little isolating out here, if you don't narrowly fit into one of the factions of the fandom.

Your culture believes that you need to start Lunar New Year on a positive note as this will set the tone throughout the year. So you stay up late to write and tack on a fluffy Epilogue to your fic in the hope of providing Olicity with an auspicious start to the new year!

You also vow not to read any negative panic posts about Olicity on the first day of the lunar new year (but only the first day cuz you are a sucker who loves to freak out really). 

• Love 3

Not sure if this is the right place or not but tonight I was watching a show on PBS How to Find Love Online which was really a very scientific look at what goes into it from a number of viewpoints and they interviewed an Anthropologist (Dr. Helen Fisher) who is an expert in what happens in your brain when you are in love. 

She put together a questionnaire designed to figure out the personality traits of individuals.  40,000 people did the questionnaire on as part of an on line dating site and then she looked at who they were naturally drawn to. 

She broke the groups of people into four categories, and what was really fascinating was that while two groups of people (Explorers – artistic, creative, adventurers and Builders – think rule followers, traditional) were best matched with those most similar to them, there were two personality groups that were best matched with basically their opposite counterpart.  The Directors were high testosterone, direct, decisive, logical types and tended to be attracted to the Negotiators: empathetic, emotionally expressive, good with people types. 

Basically, I mention this because Oliver and Felicity really fit IMO the “opposites attract groups”.  (Of course no one is just one thing but the parts of their personalities that didn’t fit well into those two categories, those were the aspects of their personalities that I’ve always said fundamentally made them very similar.)  So basically I took it as scientific proof that Olicity are made for each other and I was all happy.

Then the show went on to run tests on twin brothers and since one was happily married, they would try to figure out how similar they were so they could look for a similar woman for the other brother. 

The guy’s wife’s name was Dinah. 

You understand my mixed emotions.    

Yikes!  It gets weirder.  His best date was with a woman who'd user name is "little bird" and really oddly, the woman that helped him chose her (who happened to look a lot like the woman) was observing the date while it was happening from offsite and was acting like she wished she was the one he was dating. I feel like the universe is sending me mixed signals.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

Haha you poor thing @BkWurm1

That better not be a sign!!!!!!!

The husband and I sent our kid off to preschool this week and we had a moment to reflect on how old we were compared to when we first met. 

He said to me (and this is an exact quote to my horror): Wow I've loved you for half of my life. 

I was like: Nooooooooooooooo

Fortunately he's used to my quirks!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha you poor thing @BkWurm1

That better not be a sign!!!!!!!

The husband and I sent our kid off to preschool this week and we had a moment to reflect on how old we were compared to when we first met. 

He said to me (and this is an exact quote to my horror): Wow I've loved you for half of my life. 

I was like: Nooooooooooooooo

Fortunately he's used to my quirks!

Sounds like he knew exactly what part you were objecting to.  But really, that's terribly romantic.  Go be nice to him.  ;)

• Love 2

When you watch CSI:NY and think a guest actress looks familiar so you look it up and realize it's SA's wife.

And that Arrow's S5 poster looks a lot like one of CSI:NY's S2 posters.

And when you watch Danny and Lindsay and remember how much you shipped them and than the whole cheating thing happened and you think shipping is hard and then you think of Olicity.

And you flip to a random episode and see DD.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

22 | When the commercial for Trulicity comes on, do you for a moment wonder what new ‘ship Arrow has come up with?

Justin Trudeau.

I'm a huge fan of Helen Fisher's work because she has so much solid research to back it up, including MRI studies that show that emotional pain hits the same area of the brain as physical pain does.  (Next bad Arrow episode, try an aspirin.)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Justin Trudeau.

I'm a huge fan of Helen Fisher's work because she has so much solid research to back it up, including MRI studies that show that emotional pain hits the same area of the brain as physical pain does.  (Next bad Arrow episode, try an aspirin.)

Huh.  I have a kind of high tolerance for pain.  Maybe this explains why I'm such a glutton for punishment shipwise when it comes to sticking around to the bitter end.  (Smallville for example) 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

When you see a screen shot of Felicity and think "those glasses look familiar" and then realize that when you got your last prescription., you picked frames Felicity wore on the show.

Lol

You rant to your poor husband about how sh@t the show is and you look very angry.

He gives you a confused look and asks you: Are you actually that angry about the show babe or are you just channelling your worries about Australian house prices?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You rant to your poor husband about how sh@t the show is and you look very angry.

He gives you a confused look and asks you: Are you actually that angry about the show babe or are you just channelling your worries about Australian house prices?

Did you try and save face and go with the Austrailian housing prices?  Remember, share the crazy only with the others already with you in the insane asylum.  ;)  Or put your rants on a thirty second restriction.  Cause I've been right where you are.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Did you try and save face and go with the Austrailian housing prices?  Remember, share the crazy only with the others already with you in the insane asylum.  ;)  Or put your rants on a thirty second restriction.  Cause I've been right where you are.  

Haha I totally went with Australian housing prices  ( I lost out at an auction last week so perfectly believable). It's bad enough I sit and type fanfic next to him a few nights a week! 

It's like a reflex. If I see him turn his head at my screen I immediately click on the real estate window so he can't see what I'm writing! 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha I totally went with Australian housing prices  ( I lost out at an auction last week so perfectly believable). It's bad enough I sit and type fanfic next to him a few nights a week! 

It's like a reflex. If I see him turn his head at my screen I immediately click on the real estate window so he can't see what I'm writing! 

I was watching House Hunters International once and they implied that Australia has a trickier method of buying a house than here in the states.  So my sympathies.  

We had a patient on my floor the other night that looked liked a doppelganger of MG. And I'm sad to admit that I was glad I didn't pick up the patient because it took all my will power to not call him Marc or ask about Arrow in the 20min of sporadic interaction that I did have with him.

We've also had a run of patients that share part of an Arrow character's name. It's a little weird when that happens, too.

The universe keeps on throwing Arrow in my face at work, even when I don't want it. Although it was interesting to hear a complete strangers take on the Flarrowverse out of the blue.

• Love 2

You can't stop laughing when your friend tells you her preschooler (who goes to a posh private preschool) told her that every 4 year old girl in the class wants to marry a boy called Ollie because he's the most handsome boy in the class. 

• Love 2