Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

I was watching a documentary on 'Bo' Jackson the only athlete to be selected to go to a MLB All Star game as well as a Pro Bowl Football game. They were showing video of his antics on the field from 1990, below. Then they went straight to his hobby in his man cave. He's a hunter and he uses a compound bow and makes his own arrows, they showed him sharpening the tips and gluing them on a shaft.  My brother and I both said he would make a great old villain because he can actually shoot his target from 80 feet away. A little old, 54, to parkour but he made us smile at his hobby. (I admit to being against wild game hunting for the trophy head but he did acknowledge to always distributing the meat to either friends or to charity.}

• Love 2

When you're binge watching iZombie and they have a special vigilante episode... and you think ~ hey I think I've seen that alleyway before.

Plus the jokes about having a Vigilante problem and assembling their cast of "superheroes" was a little too on the nose for the CW, but definitely funny :)

• Love 4

When in a rather sweet moment with your husband, after he tells you "There are over 7 billion people in the world, and you're the person I love the most," you gaze up at him with heart eyes and reply "I love you more than Arrow."

• Love 10
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:00 AM, EmeraldArcher said:

When in a rather sweet moment with your husband, after he tells you "There are over 7 billion people in the world, and you're the person I love the most," you gaze up at him with heart eyes and reply "I love you more than Arrow."

Can't stop giggling.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

...You're watching archery during the Olympics and think pffft, Oliver would win this running away with his recurve bow and punch out the other guys for good measure

Can someone go write a fanfic of Barry and Oliver watching the Olympics and getting really annoyed because they'd win if not for secret identities?

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

When you see the lastest poster for American Horror Story and it reminds you of Katie Cassidy. 

Can you post it here?

ETA: Actually, please don't!  It's the spider-lashes, right?  Ugh.  So, so arachnophobic! Maybe you can just post a link without embedding the image? (please??)

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 2

When you're driving to this year's beach vacation destination and your husband, who maintains a constant moratorium on all things Arrow, comments on the logo on a passing semi: "Silver Arrow Express.  Hmmm, probably a billion times better than 'Green Arrow Express.'"

Unfortunately, your indignant response is strangled by your confusion at him being the one to violate the moratorium.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

When you're driving to this year's beach vacation destination and your husband, who maintains a constant moratorium on all things Arrow, comments on the logo on a passing semi: "Silver Arrow Express.  Hmmm, probably a billion times better than 'Green Arrow Express.'"

Unfortunately, your indignant response is strangled by your confusion at him being the one to violate the moratorium.

You know, it almost seems like your husband is a little bit jeally or secretly loves Arrow...hmmm

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

You know, it almost seems like your husband is a little bit jeally or secretly loves Arrow...hmmm

Nah.  He just loves to tease me.  We're pretty much a walking dichotomy when it comes to entertainment preferences. I just like to share these silly little stories because he's become almost a character in them--really, without his comments, I would have no concept of "watching too much Arrow." :-)

• Love 3

...When you start to wonder if Oliver ever fulfilled his goal (and his father's  dying wish) to use of the Book of Names  to bring down the people who Poisoned Star(ling) City?

Did he? 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

...When you start to wonder if Oliver ever fulfilled his goal (and his father's  dying wish) to use of the Book of Names  to bring down the people who Poisoned Star(ling) City?

Did he? 

That was a pretty big list. Pretty sure he did not.  Maybe that will resurface in s5?

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, MostlyC said:

Did he? 

They pretty much forgot about the book after Season 1. They actually had the perfect opportunity to bring it back in S2 since Isabel Rochev was shown to be a name in the book and.....nothing ?

To answer your question, no i don't think he did. I think Oliver abandoned the list once they locked onto "The Undertaking". In the end stopping The Undertaking replaced The List as his mission 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

when you are watching TNT and Arrow shows up and you squee....even though you've seen every episode like 10 times....

ETA: Okay not EVERY episode but s1 - s3.5 not even exaggerating.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, MostlyC said:

Did he? 

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They pretty much forgot about the book after Season 1. They actually had the perfect opportunity to bring it back in S2 since Isabel Rochev was shown to be a name in the book and.....nothing ?

To answer your question, no i don't think he did. I think Oliver abandoned the list once they locked onto "The Undertaking". In the end stopping The Undertaking replaced The List as his mission 

He had an imperfect understanding of what his father was asking him to do at the beginning.  He thought he was supposed to just take down the people on the list.  Season one's big revelation was that the list was just a catalogue of those who contributed to Malcolm's Undertaking, and therefore his father was asking him to stop THAT.  At least that's how I read it.

Now, if season five want's to bring us full circle to the fact that Malcolm Merlyn is a horrible human being and should be top of Oliver's list now that he's killing again?  I'll co-sign that!

• Love 6

... when you're stuck in China, miserable and homesick, but cheer up a little when you discover that Arrow is one of the few American shows that's broadcast over here. Sure, it's the middle of season 3, but still.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

... when you're stuck in China, miserable and homesick, but cheer up a little when you discover that Arrow is one of the few American shows that's broadcast over here. Sure, it's the middle of season 3, but still.

Awwww. Hang in there!  I visited China last year for work, so I can empathize. I was so homesick, too.

• Love 1

You dream about Det Mayo and that he's a bad guy that Felicity's dad was working with and after a fight he got sucked into an alternate dimension. However, in my dream, Felicity had an amazing closet with lots of nice clothes. 

Edit: Forgot to mention that I woke up 2 hours before my alarm and couldn't go back to sleep which pissed me off that I wasted a perfectly good dream and sleeping time on Det Mayo.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 5

When you have a meeting to go over OTA revenue, which in this case stands for Online Travel Agencies, but you wish it were about Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity as that would be much more interesting.

• Love 11

You start watching Madam Secretary and you freak the crap out when they introduce a character played by Jill Hennessey because she's the appropriate age for Henry and your first thought is "OMFG they are going to make her the third party to end Bess's marriage"

Then as you watch you realise Madam Secretary has proper writers!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You start watching Madam Secretary and you freak the crap out when they introduce a character played by Jill Hennessey because she's the appropriate age for Henry and your first thought is "OMFG they are going to make her the third party to end Bess's marriage"

Then as you watch you realise Madam Secretary has proper writers!

If it makes you feel better, I did the same thing at first, lol. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I just started cackling madly while opening a jar of mayo, THANKS GUYS.

LMAO I heard someone ask for extra mayo in their sandwich a few days ago and I laughed too. Looked at me like I was nuts. Haha.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

You know you are watching too much Arrow when you decide not to have a tuna sandwich because you are currently annoyed with Mayonnaise.

And suddenly I hear it as May o NAZE like Lou Gossett, Jr in Officer and a Gentleman and I will never not hear that way.

• Love 1

When you are watching SnL and Lady Gaga starts singing a song you've never heard before (Million Reasons) and you apply every lyric to your current dissatisfaction with the show (or at least how it's being marketed.)

Seriously, look at these lyrics.  Tell me it's not a near perfect lament.  

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show
You're givin' me a million reasons
Give me a million reasons
Givin' me a million reasons
About a million reasons

If I had a highway, I would run for the hills
If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still
But you're giving me a million reasons
About a million reasons

I bow down to pray
I try to make the worst seem better
Lord, show me the way
To cut through all his worn out leather
I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one good one to stay

Head stuck in a cycle, I look off and I stare
It's like that I've stopped breathing, but completely aware
'Cause you're giving me a million reasons
About a million reasons

And if you say something that you might even mean
It's hard to even fathom which parts I should believe

About a million reasons

I bow down to pray
Lord, show me the way

Hey, ehh, ehh, eyy
Baby I'm bleedin', bleedin'
Stay, ehh, ehhy
Can't you give me what I'm needin', needin'
Every heartbreak makes it hard to keep the faith

But baby, I just need one good one
Good one, good one, good one, good one, good one

When I bow down to pray
Lord, show me the way
But baby, I just need one good one, good one
Tell me that you'll be the good one, good one
Baby, I just need one good one to stay

• Love 6
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:43 AM, BkWurm1 said:

When you are watching SnL and Lady Gaga starts singing a song you've never heard before (Million Reasons) and you apply every lyric to your current dissatisfaction with the show (or at least how it's being marketed.)

Seriously, look at these lyrics.  Tell me it's not a near perfect lament.  

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show
You're givin' me a million reasons
About a million reasons

If I had a highway, I would run for the hills
If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still
But you're giving me a million reasons
About a million reasons

I bow down to pray
Lord, show me the way

Head stuck in a cycle, I look off and I stare
It's like that I've stopped breathing, but completely aware
About a million reasons

And if you say something that you might even mean
It's hard to even fathom which parts I should believe

About a million reasons

I bow down to pray
Lord, show me the way

Hey, ehh, ehh, eyy
Baby I'm bleedin', bleedin'
Stay, ehh, ehhy
Can't you give me what I'm needin', needin'
Every heartbreak makes it hard to keep the faith

But baby, I just need one good one
Good one, good one, good one, good one, good one

When I bow down to pray
Lord, show me the way
But baby, I just need one good one, good one
Tell me that you'll be the good one, good one
Baby, I just need one good one to stay

Sadly, I also thought of Arrow during that Lady Gaga performance.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

Post 505, you know you're watching too much Arrow when it's 8PM on Wednesday and you don't change the channel from The CW to something better.

(Fuming about how my favorite show is now FUBAR)

Where I live that means you are now a Frequency fan.  Arrow's on at 7 Central time.  ;)

• Love 1