Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I love chocolate.  I love peanut butter.  BUT DO NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER!!!  Blech.  Lol.  Just ruins both of them.

The old school Reese's ads wouldn't have convinced you, then? :D

• Love 2

They were still running the same kind of commercials decades later.  I remember complaining to my mom how wrong they were.  (And who walks down the street eating BP out the jar?)  I've eaten Reeses before.  I don't gag or anything.  I just don't think it's worth wasting my tastebuds on. Or the calories.  Candy should not be a chore or an obligation.   

Edited by BkWurm1

Oh I love Reece's Cups.  Reece's in ice cream, even better. My very favorite ice cream flavor is Blue Bunny Peanut Butter Party, described as "peanut butter ice cream, fudge and peanut butter swirls, and peanut butter cups." Mmm mmm mmm.  It managed to surpass chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, which was my former #1 favorite flavor.

Edited by Starfish35

I love fresh mint! I'm viet so we use it heaps in our salads, summer rolls etc.

But mint in any other form as a flavouring reminds me of toothpaste and chewing gum. I kept thinking "Why is my ice cream minty like toothpaste?"

Hehe to be honest my favourite ice cream is vanilla ?

• Love 2

To bring this full circle, you know you're watching too much Arrow-- or reading too much Arrow fanfic-- when you're talking about peanut butter and remember that Felicity might not even be able to eat peanut butter because she's allergic to some kind of nut. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

To bring this full circle, you know you're watching too much Arrow-- or reading too much Arrow fanfic-- when you're talking about peanut butter and remember that Felicity might not even be able to eat peanut butter because she's allergic to some kind of nut. 

Hahaha I love nuts in real life but I work so hard to make sure nothing she eats in my fics has nuts cuz I don't know if it's a generic nut allergy or just peanuts!!!! I have censored myself from giving her pecan pie like a dozen times!

Oh the trials of being an Olicibot!

• Love 2

Not sure if this is the place for it but, I've been playing this "Trivia Crack" game on Android and they just had a question about Arrow.

Which one of these characters is not on Arrow

Felicity Smoak

John Diggle

Peter Parker

Quentin Lance

Earlier there was a crossover question about Flash, I think it was which show has not crossed over to Flash.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Ha, that's like last week Trivia Night at the bar I go to had a half-time question where they gave you a list of spin-off shows and you had to write down their "parent" shows in return. The spin-offs were NCIS, Laverne & Shirley, The Flash, and Better Call Saul.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You babysit your bestie's twins who are fast asleep and you're thinking "Ooh Felicity could totally be on comms right now! Olicitots all the way!"

Hehe now watch them wake as soon as I post this!

Good research for future fics! ;)

You read about complaints how Oliver is always buying Felicity random green engagement rings in fanfic and decide it's a good idea to commission your jeweller to make you another green ring because green is actually your favourite colour in real life.tumblr_ovl73lNbNE1w82zyqo1_1280.jpg

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Wow, nice ring! May I ask what the gem is? Also, good question @statsgirl about a fic. @Mellowyellow? :)

Precision cut Peridot

hehe too cheap for Oliver to actually give Felicity (although he's dead poor now so maybe this would be all he can afford if he ever loses Moira's ring)! But it's nice and green and I love green (ok I know that sounds weird in lieu of my username but I love ALL things green and yellow diamonds specifically).

hehe currently wearing the ring and trying to finish off the very last chapter of A Little Fall of Rain while occasionally admiring my hand! Bender night tonight (bender for me involves staying up to write fanfic with pots and pots of tea)!!!

• Love 3

When you're reading a recap of an adorable Armenian fairytale and five sentences in you think, this has excellent bones for an AU Olicity fic. Super smart peasant heroine, a useless prince who falls in love with her smarts. He also gains a skill and shows leadership and organizational skills and has faith in hers. Plus his "heart is as fluffy as a bunny". It all fits!

http://machawicket.tumblr.com/post/165240420762/rejectedprincesses-tinynavajoreads

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, bijoux said:

When you're reading a recap of an adorable Armenian fairytale and five sentences in you think, this has excellent bones for an AU Olicity fic. Super smart peasant heroine, a useless prince who falls in love with her smarts. He also gains a skill and shows leadership and organizational skills and has faith in hers. Plus his "heart is as fluffy as a bunny". It all fits!

http://machawicket.tumblr.com/post/165240420762/rejectedprincesses-tinynavajoreads

I went to that link, read the whole thing with Olicity as the leads in my head.

Totally works as an AU with Felicity yanking water away from an idiot Ollie at the beginning!

Thanks for that! Made me smile!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, quarks said:

You see #HandsOffMyBC trending on Twitter and initially completely misinterpret this.

Seems a reasonable leap to me.  (I had to Google it to figure out BC in this case was birth control)  

You read a comment @BkWurm1 made about there being too many fowls in this week's episode of Arrow. You look down the bowls of home made chicken pho you're about to serve and decide to reduce the amount chicken meat in each bowl by a few pieces to decrease the level of poultry.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You read a comment @BkWurm1 made about there being too many fowls in this week's episode of Arrow. You look down the bowls of home made chicken pho you're about to serve and decide to reduce the amount chicken meat in each bowl by a few pieces to decrease the level of poultry.

Hahahaahahahah!  Subliminal messaging brought to you by MelissaT!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Chaser said:

I was on amazon and I saw this book with big bold font: Felicity Mary Oliver.

Apparently there is a poet named Mary Oliver who has a book titled Felicity.

Subliminal messaging at it's finest.  

• Love 1

You're watching Last Week Tonight with John Oliver talking about the Equifax breach and one of your first thoughts is, oof, if Arrow was still in the business of taking down shady businesspeople, this could inspire a very good villain for the team/Felicity.

• Love 8

Your hubby accidentally buys 10kg of sticky rice which causes you a lot of grief but you have a brilliant idea as to how you can hide it and you magically make it vanish.

You dance around hubby gloating.

H: You hid it in that white box in the hall didn't you?

Me (all indignant): How did you know?

H (smugly!!!!!): I know you like I know my own name. 

Me: Why can't you ever accidentally quote Olicity stuff to me?

H (laughs): I just quoted that sour angry woman again didn't l?

• Love 8

You get your new issue of TV Guide Magazine in the mail, see that its cover feature is "TV's Hottest Couples", and immediately check to see if Olicity was included.

Alas, no. The article was primarily about the top couples in Good Behavior and Outlander. As for other TV couples, the only CW couple mentioned was Archie and Veronica from Riverdale (apparently, a Damian Holbrook pick).

47 minutes ago, tv echo said:

You get your new issue of TV Guide Magazine in the mail, see that its cover feature is "TV's Hottest Couples", and immediately check to see if Olicity was included.

Alas, no. The article was primarily about the top couples in Good Behavior and Outlander. As for other TV couples, the only CW couple mentioned was Archie and Veronica from Riverdale (apparently, a Damian Holbrook pick).

If TPTB had not messed up s4 & s5, I bet they would have been on the list. It's hard to include them when they are still in flux and TPTB have been wishy-washy about their true intentions with the couple. It's probably to early in the season for the TVGuide people to trust what may or may not happen on the Olicity front.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

Ha, didn't stop MTV from using them during 2016 or TVGuide from using Olicity on twitter for the clicks.

Well Arrow fandom has always had a strong social media presence so it makes sense to use it for clicks. Even when the odds are not in its favor the Olicity section of the fandom has always been vibrant and active.

I also wonder is the magazines choices are influenced/bought by the networks. Print costs money, after all.

I don't know - I look forward to the day when Olicity can take its rightful place as one of TV's best/hottest couples permanently.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, kismet said:

I don't know - I look forward to the day when Olicity can take its rightful place as one of TV's best/hottest couples permanently.

The thing is I think it won't regardless of anything on the show. CW just doesn't want to promote Arrow that way for some reason. It's loss though.

Maybe the reason that The WB and The CW are pushing Riverdale so hard is because of the failure of Valor and Dynasty to attract many viewers or much buzz. Those were the two new shows that, according to Mark Pedowitz, were aimed at getting back the female demo that they've lost.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, tv echo said:

Maybe the reason that The WB and The CW are pushing Riverdale so hard is because of the failure of Valor and Dynasty to attract many viewers or much buzz. Those were the two new shows that, according to Mark Pedowitz, were aimed at getting back the female demo that they've lost.

Answering over on the Ratings thread.

When your on a perfectly nice date with a perfectly nice guy, and you mentioned you love Arrow, and this exchange happens: 

Date: Arrow is such a good show, but it has some serious problems."

Me: "Yeah, I totally agree, even if I love it."

Date: "Olicity has almost reuined the show."

Me: "...what was that?" 

I must now consider where this relationship goes from here. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 19
Just now, bijoux said:

I see only two options. Clean break or re-conditioning. :)

Our next date? A two hour long Power Point Presentation about how Olicity is the best thing to ever happen to Arrow and why they're perfect for each other :) 

• Love 19

LOL @tennisgurl, I had a similar experience with my then 3rd date now bf. His friends told him to watch Arrow and he only got through 1A when we started dating (he actually brought up the show before I ever did, go figure) and I pushed him to watch every new episode of s6 with my group and his reactions and our debates are hilarious. Watching together has been great, I bet you can turn him around! 

• Love 3