Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

When you even get the residents you work for to watch Arrow! LOL 

One of them constantly wants me to put it on!

Also when your co-workers ask you why you're working on Thursdays. Have to tell them Arrow is off on a break so no need to take Thursdays off for now. ??

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

My friends just had a baby girl (yay!) but I'm really glad they couldn't see my face when they announced that they're naming her... Laurel.

Just warn her from dating boys called Oliver when she grows up and she'll be alright! 

• Love 4

5yo, in tears after being told by his dad that they are no longer going out for sushi due to his atrocious behaviour in the morning:

Daddy I just want to say you're the love of my life even though I'm not the love of yours.

Mummy, runs to lock herself in the study so she can laugh without offending the poor child.

I know it's not the exact quote from Laurel but it was so funny and he sounded so sad and pathetic (poor poppet) it was the FIRST thing I thought of! He's not allowed to watch Arrow so it was hilarious he came up with that! 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Ha!  What are you doing?  Talking in your sleep?  Sleep mocking Laurel?  That's hilarious that he would choose those words.  

hehe we sing the song "Love of my life" by Jim Brickman a lot at home so he often goes around declaring Daddy is the love of his life. Was so funny he decided to get all tragic and tack on the second part though. 

• Love 2

When the local meteorologist is pointing out all the potential flooding spots on the map that are marked in green rectangles and blocks but she instead accidentally first calls them green arrows before correcting herself and you decide on the spot that she is a fan.   

• Love 6
(edited)

You watch a promo for, and you read about, a new Cinemax show called C.B. Strike (based on a book series written by JK Rowling under a pseudonym) and you get Olicity vibes from the two lead characters, Strike and Robin (that is, if Oliver & Felicity were British detectives)...

-- "What really sets Strike apart from other detectives is that he has encountered evil. And he knows what it looks like and smells like, and he's ready to act on it if it needs to be confronted."

-- "I think that when Robin arrived, Strike is a little bit surprised and a little bit of a sense of there's something different here... She is the bright light."

-- "Robin is the most purely loveable character I've ever written."

J.K. Rowling on going 'back to the beginning' for C.B. Strike
ISAAC FELDBERG May 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/22/j-k-rowling-cb-strike-exclusive-video/

That series, C.B. Strike, is finally making its way across the pond this summer after its U.K. bow last year, with a June 1 premiere date on Cinemax. EW has an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the series, in which Rowling, who executive-produced, expounds on her motivation for using the Galbraith pseudonym.
The video also explores the series’ focus on both Strike (played by Tom Burke), an ex-military private investigator in the old-fashioned gumshoe vein of Columbo, and his new assistant, Robin Ellacott (Holliday Grainger).

“Robin is the most purely lovable character I’ve ever written,” Rowling gushes.

cbstrikekeyart.jpg&w=1100&q=85 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Your 5yo grills you about the number of kudos you get from Ao3 and gives you friendly tips on how to increase your numbers.

Advice as given by 5yo:

Mummy maybe you will have more fans if you stopped writing about a boy and a girl who fall in love and cry a lot. Why don't you write about a boy and a girl who are happy and work together to save a chicken that might get it's head chopped off for dinner because it doesn't lay enough eggs. The people might like that more!

hehe bless his little heart he was so earnest! 

• Love 13
(edited)

You see the following term used on the Weather Channel and think of Arrow...

HELICITY

("Helicity" has been defined as the combination of the spin and the linear motion of a subatomic particle, the projection of the spin onto the direction of momentum, or a corkscrew-like motion.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

You're one of those annoying people who go door to door, disturbing people to ask information they don't care about and you see that in apartment xxx there is a Samantha Clayton and you think "Poor girl, I'm glad she got out after all".

• Love 7

When your watching an opera, and the female lead is a cute blond with a ponytail and a shirt and glasses, and the male lead is a rich guy with dirty blond hair who loves her at first sight. You then spend the drive home mentally composing an Olicity Opera. 

• Love 13

You have a SUPER realistic dream that you suddenly have abs like Emily!

You walk around, check them out and think "How can this be? The 5:2 diet is great but I don't work out so why do my abs look like this? Must not be real."

Then you start believing it's not a dream and that your abs do look that awesome only to wake up to find you're back to your own podgy tum again!

Hehe too many Reborning posters! Especially the one with the make up artist working on her abs! 

• Love 2

You're reading an historical romance novel and within the first 2 chapters find out the hero has a kid that he's never mentioned to the heroine he's pursuing. I tossed the book across my couch. Don't surprise people with kids!

• Love 5

Do they know each other before the book starts? Because if they met in chapter 1, I don’t necessarily think it’s horrible if he told her he was a dad in chapter two. What book was it?

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Do they know each other before the book starts? Because if they met in chapter 1, I don’t necessarily think it’s horrible if he told her he was a dad in chapter two. What book was it?

I'm only about a 1/3 of the way through and he hasn't told her about his kid yet, but there's only been a few scenes together. Hopefully, it's handled well when he does. They knew each other as kids and had a falling out. He's poor, she's rich and he needs the $$, and then there was the inevitable oh noes they were in a room together accidentally late at night so she's compromised and has to marry him. It could be a great book, but the secret kid made me flashback to the Baby Mama Drama lol.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35068681-a-match-made-in-bed

• Love 1

When hear abput 3D printing of ghost guns and you think maybe finally this could make Diaz a credible threat.

And then, nah, he'd still be less scary than Doctor Evil if he printed a nuke. 

• Love 3

You attend your first laser tag kids party where parents also get to play so you get super excited and spend the afternoon sniping 6 yr olds. You come 3rd and celebrate until your husband tells you off for sniping 6 yr olds (he didn't shoot them only the other adults).

Now you're feeling uncomfortably like 3D *hangs head in shame*

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 5