Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

When your watching a season premier of another show, and the episode ends with the main character... in a flash-forward looking into a coffin at a funeral, with the camera hiding who is in the casket, and you literally yell "oh for fucks sake, its Laurel all over again!" probably startling the neighbors. You then begin to finally ponder if you watch too much television.

• Love 4

You become obsessed that the back neighbours are going to steal your giant bushel of bananas and insist on harvesting them even though it's dark and the tree is huge and overhanging on the neighbour's side. You claim you will climb the banana tree and use your weight to bring it down.

Your husband shakes his head at you, climbs the back fence, does some impressive pull up/chin up (whatever I don't really know) whereby he swings on the tree, snaps it and brings down your bananas for you (unbroken) on your side of the fence.

You squee gleefully and declare "It's like I married happy, non murderous, nerdy Oliver!"

• Love 10

You develop a soft spot for Bradie Tennell after watching her skate this season so you follow her on Instagram to post nice comments on her competition pics and get the biggest thrill when you find out she follows EBR! hehe Bradie just went up in my books even more! 

PS you now wonder if Bradie is an Olicity shipper!!!!! 

Edited by Mellowyellow

You see this story and immediately think of Laurel.

Nigerian president says he’s alive, not an impostor

Nigeria’s president took the extraordinary step of denying rumors that he died and was replaced by a body double, telling the country that he is alive and well.

“It is the real me I assure you,” President Muhammadu Buhari said Sunday to a group of Nigerians during a visit to Poland, where he is attending the United Nations Climate Conference.

“A lot of people hoped that I died during my ill health,” Buhari said. “I am still going strong.”

The 75-year-old, who was elected in 2015 and will run for his second term in February, has been in ill health throughout his presidency. But in the video of his remarks posted to Twitter by his personal assistant, he joked as he dismissed the rumors, to laughter and head-shaking applause by some government officials after a Nigerian posed a question about his identity.

The government has been tight-lipped about Buhari’s health throughout his presidency.

Rumors of his death started in 2017, when Buhari spent seven weeks in London for medical treatment. They abated when he returned to Nigeria, but returned in full force last month, stoked by prominent opposition leaders and separatists.

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the separatist group, Indigenous People of Biafra, said that a Sudanese lookalike, named Jubril, had taken Buhari’s place as a body double. His claims were shared widely online, often accompanied by videos that appeared to portray a dead Buhari lying in a London hospital.

This is not the first time that Nigerians have speculated about a president’s mortality. State secrecy around former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s ill health fostered similar rumors before Yar’Adua died in office in 2010.

• Love 4

I was driving to the post office behind an 18 wheeler with Arrow Trucking on the back and listening to the radio when an ad came in for OTA. Turns out it was for Online Training Academy but it was just too coincidental. Had to share. 

• Love 8

So I must've watched the cute Olicity and baby Mia scenes from 722 more than I realized because my husband came home with a similar onesie with teddy bear ears for our daughter. MY HEART. 😍😂

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So I must've watched the cute Olicity and baby Mia scenes from 722 more than I realized because my husband came home with a similar onesie with teddy bear ears for our daughter. MY HEART. 😍😂

Awwwww!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Angel12d said:

He's definitely a keeper!

• Love 1

...you're at work, and see a product on the shelf called "Overwatch" and are completely confused because you work at a grocery store and it's a grocery item...and you think....Felicity....what are you doing?

• Love 2

When you have to repeatedly run out onto your back deck screaming "F$ck off you f$cking birds" to get rid of two persistent Minor birds who repeatedly poop there, you start to feel like you're reliving various parts of Arrow S8 all over again. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don’t watch Supergirl but I came across a clip of Lena tearing into Kara for breaking her trust. Lena is going on about how she opened up to Kara about her issues and Kara still lied her. Watching it I just thought, this is the break up Olicity scene I wanted in S4. This is what I wanted Felicity to tell Oliver about his lie.

• Love 2

You’re watching old episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Rosa mentions she went to medical school and business school and has her pilot’s license and you think to yourself, “yep, makes complete sense because it’s Rosa and she’s awesome,” but also have flashbacks to Dinah and groan at the memories.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

You’re watching old episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Rosa mentions she went to medical school and business school and has her pilot’s license and you think to yourself, “yep, makes complete sense because it’s Rosa and she’s awesome,” but also have flashbacks to Dinah and groan at the memories.

It's because of Dinah that I can't take the exposition writing tool of "I learned this while undercover" seriously in procedurals anymore.  

• Love 1