Type keyword(s) to search

You know you're watching too much Arrow when....

slayer2
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You can't stop laughing when your friend tells you her preschooler (who goes to a posh private preschool) told her that every 4 year old girl in the class wants to marry a boy called Ollie because he's the most handsome boy in the class. 

Run away little girl, run away!  (Wait til he's going by Oliver for the win.)

• Love 8

This pops up on your timeline and your thoughts are 1) Oliver, you can actually get free without dislocating your thumbs!, 2) he should teach his future kids this.

• Love 8

You finish baking a cake for your first ever preschool play date tomorrow and you give yourself a pep talk because you are about to spend 4 hours or more with a fellow mum who you have only say hi and bye to during drop offs and pick ups.

The first thing you tell yourself:

Don't tell her about shipping and DO NOT explain who Oliver and Felicity are or what Olicity is! 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

When everyone at your work knows why you take Wednesdays off. ???

Dang it I'm so jealous!!!!!

I have the preschool photo day right at the time 520 is airing so I can't even sneak a read in the live thread!

• Love 1

LOL I'm a care worker and I take wednesdays off as either a holiday or a LOA. Also they had to switch the day (Wednesday to Tuesday) for me to give a report on one of my residents. LMFAO so now a different worker has to give it cause I'm off until Thursday night. (It's all good cause I had the report written up ages ago).

I didn't know when Arrow was off so I just booked all Wednesday's that I work as a day off. ??

On 12/28/2016 at 6:55 PM, Mellowyellow said:

You buy an aqua swimming cozzie with cut outs at the boxing day sales and giggle in the change room because it totally reminds you of Felicity.

I read that as Diggle and not giggle. OMG I spend too much time in this thread!

• Love 2

When you find you are looking at every event planned in your life for the near future and are measuring how many more days it is until the new episode of Arrow.  I'm pretty excited about my honorary niece's dance recital.  It's on the 25th.  After it, I only have to wait one more day.     

• Love 5
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

When you find you are looking at every event planned in your life for the near future and are measuring how many more days it is until the new episode of Arrow.    

I had a major project due on the 12th. I handed it in on time yesterday and thought -- only 2 more weeks till the episode of Arrow.

• Love 3

When you're talking to your friends about their kids and one mentions that her son likes to chew on crayons rather than color with them and you think about this board and William. (To be fair, my friend's kid just turned 2, so crayon eating is more expected at that age, I think.)

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think it was supposed to be tropical enough to grow any of those.  I mean, really it's is Vancouver so cold and rainy should be the norm, not hot and sticky.  

I had always presumed the island was in the Northern or East China Sea like up towards Korea why it's so mountainous and cold.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, wiki says Lian Yu is in the North China Sea.

HA well there you go !  So just how far did Oliver and Robert float before they hit that island .Because that had to a long time I think. Also, I guess that makes him getting to Hong Kong and Russia more reasonable and if Star City is the Pacific Northwest then I guess maybe they drifted up towards the Bering Strait?

Were they at sea for days before they drifted into a worm hole /eddy that took him 5000 miles away from Star(ling) City?

You know you watch to much Arrow when you're trying to figure out how he got to the North China Sea without freezing to death lol

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

You yawn while you pack your preschooler's lunch in the morning.

Preschooler asks you: Mummy have you been staying up to write stories about someone who loves someone but the other person doesn't love them back?

I may have attempted to explain my hobbies to him in the past and what I get up to after he goes to bed! 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Now now no cheek from the likes of you! It was Olicity but Preschooler doesn't understand romantic hijinks yet. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.  :D   Yeah, it takes awhile before one understands that even though character one thinks character two doesn't love them, character two totally does but is afraid that character one doesn't love them or that if they let them in, they'd get hurt, or they are not worth being loved or...yeah, complicated.  

Oh, FYI, am currently watching the Zombie episode of LoT.  Ray is SOOO cute in this episode, packing everyone a nice lunch.  (Sadly, he put sprouts on Mick's sandwich.  Tsk, tsk.)  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

When your friend wants to hang out, but you can't cause it's SDCC weekend.

Update. Told my friend about SDCC. She understands cause SDCC is a blast and she loved going when she was in CA.

....I NEVER KNEW SHE HAD BEEN TO SDCC.

• Love 7

When you're recovering from your 15th surgery and your husband is trying to coax you into eating the applesauce he's feeding you by asking "which do you want: trains or planes?" You answer decisively: "superheroes."

With a maniacal laugh, he plows the spoon into your mouth as he says, "Open up, here comes the Black Canary."

• Love 10
2 hours ago, EmeraldArcher said:

When you're recovering from your 15th surgery and your husband is trying to coax you into eating the applesauce he's feeding you by asking "which do you want: trains or planes?" You answer decisively: "superheroes."

With a maniacal laugh, he plows the spoon into your mouth as he says, "Open up, here comes the Black Canary."

That's mean, LMAO! I hope you do feel better, though. Here's to a quick recovery! Oh, and show your husband this:

tumblr_inline_nnrdd4kRsf1sto69e_500.gif

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

That's mean, LMAO! I hope you do feel better, though. Here's to a quick recovery! Oh, and show your husband this:

tumblr_inline_nnrdd4kRsf1sto69e_500.gif

I just did, and he said "Sara Diggle? She's not real anymore. She doesn't exist."

Have I mentioned he knows all my Arrow-related buttons! Quick recovery, indeed!

• Love 6

Two things.  

I dreamed that Damien Darhk was brought back as a good guy and joined team Arrow after he killed Black Siren.   

Also, as I was going to come post that confession, I turned the TV on and it was on a PBS channel with a kid's program, The Wild Kratts, where they were explaining about the jet of water the Archer Fish could shoot with precision aim at its targets, coincidence?  I think not!  ;)

Edited to add:  Turned out the whole episode was about Archer Fish.  They even named the main fish "Arrow".  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Lord help me!  I have a student with the first name Caden and middle name James.  And he wants to be a programmer when he grows up!

Edited by TrueMyth
Ugh typos on mobile
  • Love 7

Oh, I love that, lol!  Hilarious!  

I'm still pretty sure they must have had sub par duct tape.  It's duct tape!  Sealing stuff is what it does (that and making really stinky wallets)

• Love 1

When you attend a wedding with your husband and you don't know anyone there so he fusses over you incessantly but you shoo him off to mingle with his colleagues because you're happy to be left alone to eat canapes and plot out your fanfic.

• Love 5

So you are half watching a special about Princess Diana and they mention at a certain point while Prince Charles was having his affair(s?) so was Diana and then they named one of her lovers.  

Oliver Whore.  

And you snicker because he used to be a man whore before he met Felicity.  

(Later you find out it's spelled Hoare, but still!!)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You try mint chip ice cream because Felicity likes it even though your husband has spent years convincing you to taste the stuff. 

It's not very nice. 

What?  What?  I thought love of mint and chocolate was universal.  Are you not a mint fan?  

18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What?  What?  I thought love of mint and chocolate was universal.    

The only thing that surprised me more than finding out people didn't like chocolate and mint together was finding out people didn't like chocolate and peanut butter together.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Nope! I can vouch for that.  Never understood the appeal.  Lol.

Sacrilege! LOL

My cousin's husband hates anything mint. His niece and nephew (by marriage) have ice cream cake every year for their birthdays. One year my little cousin requested mint chip and vanilla for her ice cream cake...he was upset that the ice cream cake (which he loves) was mint chip. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Oh now I love chocolate and peanut butter.:) Just keep that nasty mint away from me.  Haha. 

Actually I tolerate some mint, in toothpaste, in mouthwash, and (occasionally) in chewing gum.  Just keep it away from my chocolate, ice cream, and, well, most other food come to think of it.

Edited by Starfish35

I love chocolate.  I love peanut butter.  BUT DO NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER!!!  Blech.  Lol.  Just ruins both of them.  

For me, my shock over not liking mint and chocolate has less to do with mint chip ice cream, I myself am still sick of it from it being what we ALWAYS had as a kid, but does that mean MellowYellow would not be able to appreciate the glory that is Thinmints cookies??  THE HORROR!!  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1