Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

I just don't know how they could make this show more boring if they tried. Today we had:

• Adam reliving childhood trauma that no one cares about.
  • Dummer and Kyle, both millionaires, I presume, having a picnic on a postage stamp-sized city park--do you people not know about nature and picnics, and rivers, and trees!? Watch a British series for an example.
  • Lola and Kyle, yeah, I cannot go on.
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, catalogrrr said:

So, Chancellor publishing is a tabloid gossip rag? That is the only logical explanation for why Billy thinks that this is the “biggest story of the year”. So dumb!

it will backfire. Victor will win. Adam will skate somehow - Nikki will dither - Victor will fake a back injury and Mop will give him her spine as a transplant.

Jack will look great. Phyl will groom Nick for ticks. Connor will somehow kill Chels while aiming at Sharon. Michaeland Lauren will start acting their age. Teriah's fanbase insures that they will be the last surviving couple until one gets a night-time show.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

So, okay. I know more stuff happened.

But Sweet Baby Jesus, there's some fuckawful performances on display here. How can MS be worse than BC {before Covid]? I'll let up on Lola because I kind of enjoy the affair with Theo, tell you the truth. And I know I don't get out enough but I'm starting to like our Greasy Guy...[sorta what we call around the house "Gas Station Cute"]. The rest? Don't care yet. And the makeup on all concerned seems to be spotty.

Now, I'm giving it to Beth Maitland, who just seems to be outshining almost everyone else--and howcome her grooming/styling is so great? And let's just keep up our adoration for Peter Bergman, please! That pink shirt with the white collar! Don't get me started. Shades of Turnbull & Asser: https://turnbullandasser.com/collections/regular-fit-shirts

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, pearlite said:

Now, I'm giving it to Beth Maitland, who just seems to be outshining almost everyone else--and howcome her grooming/styling is so great?

My guess is that Beth looks fab as usual because she’s no diva and does her own hair and makeup anyway so she looks the same as BC. The others, yeah not so much. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, gingerella said:

My guess is that Beth looks fab as usual because she’s no diva and does her own hair and makeup anyway so she looks the same as BC. The others, yeah not so much. 

I'm thinking the same about CG. She looks beautiful without all the fake crap they drape all over ED, MTS, TB and MS. AH also looks very good. Fresh and natural.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I'm thinking the same about CG. She looks beautiful without all the fake crap they drape all over ED, MTS, TB and MS. AH also looks very good. Fresh and natural.

Yup. MTS's hair looked slightly less fucked up this week when she took the bold move of brushing that dead carcass off her face and sweeping it back. She must have Venmo'd her hairdresser to send her basic styling tips...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/3/2020 at 3:25 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

Thank you Noah for delivering the truth bombs. Love the beard! 😍
Why can’t he stay FFS? Why can’t we have nice things? 

he can't have a love story as he's freaking related to almost everyone. Lola and Noah might be a welcome dose of fresh DNA, or maybe the cute doc?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I wonder if Victor put a GPS tracer or goon to follow Sharon's car, knowing she's likely to meet Adam.

Watching Lola touch her phone, then restaurant food multiple times without washing her hands would convince me not to eat at Society.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Victor put a GPS tracer or goon to follow Sharon's car, knowing she's likely to meet Adam.

Watching Lola touch her phone, then restaurant food multiple times without washing her hands would convince me not to eat at Society.

Not to mention the clientele, which seems to conduct mostly of Theo, Dummer, Kyle, Amanda and ButtBiscuit.

I'd be heading for Arby's.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 9/4/2020 at 9:18 PM, boes said:

Not to mention the clientele, which seems to conduct mostly of Theo, Dummer, Kyle, Amanda and ButtBiscuit.

I'd be heading for Arby's.

don't forget the conferences for 3 mulit-nationals -- and take-out.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Nice to have Noah back. I really do wish he would stay. But we're not allowed to have nice things. 

Did Lola really have to throw those empanadas in the garbage? She couldn't have given them to a customer on the house or even eaten them herself in a fit of anger? Way to be dramatic, honey. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Can somebody please remind me why the hell are we supposed to care at all that Adam killed AJ Nobody? And where does all this guilt and soul searching come from? I mean this is the man that committed heinous acts against people that we care about. Why should we all of a sudden give a damn about him killing a character that's clearly been made up only to serve this ridiculous plot point?? Is this the same Adam who stole Sharon's infant daughter, killed an innocent man (Richard Hightower) and framed Nick for it without ever feeling any remorse? Like at all? This is just to name a few of the crimes he's committed. Not to mention running over Delia with his car and covering his tracks before getting ready to skip town whit his beloved and forget all about it. I don't understand, are the writers brain-dead at this point, who is this guy they paired with Chelsea?? I had so high hopes from Josh Griffith regarding Adam's return, especially after Mal Young's boring tenure but seeing the garbage he and his team write for him I just wish they would've left him dead. And not just Adam's story is lame, the whole show is a bore fest. They completely ran out of material and it shows.

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

With today's ending scene, I can see why they need Adam in Sharon's life/cancer story now. She finds out bad news, she's breaking down crying on her steps and Rey has to stand on the other side of the room. The scene needed someone to comfort her and that could only be Adam.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Rey Rey, you had one job: be at home waiting for Sharon after she heard the results. Instead, after having brought home two bags of groceries, you decide to go get takeout and chat with Lola before asking her to  make Sharon's fave foods.

sad d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 9/7/2020 at 7:59 PM, Artsda said:

With today's ending scene, I can see why they need Adam in Sharon's life/cancer story now. She finds out bad news, she's breaking down crying on her steps and Rey has to stand on the other side of the room. The scene needed someone to comfort her and that could only be Adam.

They are sticking with RL cuddle buddies - i half expect someone to be doing scenes with thier pillows or kittie cats soon.

would sharon get disbarred or deflocked or something if she sleeps with Adam - her patient? (I kid!)

who was Mop dating when she got shanked?

Adam killed almost as many people as Nikki - that's what Prick loves about them.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

I realize that this is a soap opera but any time the writers put forward a medical story, they have a moral obligation to get the facts right. This Sharon story is infuriating on so many levels. Please get some medical advice, writers, and do this subject justice!!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, IOU Payne said:

We have a repeat of Mariah's Origin Story coming up. Does Meetup have a group for Lost Siblings of Dead Twins? Sounds like they could fill Society at this rate, assuming there's proper social distancing.

Rather than burdening Devon, Dead Twin Story II should talk to Dead Twin Story 1 who worked with Hillary every day and saw both sides of Hilary and worked with her on that foster kid story.  And they can commiserate on having dead twins that they never knew.  Amanda should also send in her DNA to Ancestry. Her father or mother could have had other kids for her to meet on Long Lost Family.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Did Summer get new lips? I couldn’t stop staring. 

7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think she's always been duck lipped.

I think they just look like new lips.

giphy.gif

She always looks better after hair, ducklips and makeup do their thing.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I think she's always been duck lipped.

like those wax lips we had as kids if they were covered in Benjamin Moore High Gloss 

Def had puffer injected...what next boob enlargement. Holey piling on batman!

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, crowsworks said:

That would be the sister who gets all the plum roles and is extremely talented and not concerned about her looks.

You mean that Joey King girl from those Kissing Booth movies?

She got the lion's share of talent in the family, but Heather Tom she ain't. 👀

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well you know Nick will try to hit that then.

It'll depend on her toenails.  Ever since Ol' Hammertoes, our boy has a type.

And if she's into dirty drop cloths and I'm not talking about his underwear.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 9/26/2020 at 12:04 AM, ChiefWiggum9-1-2 said:

And Phyllis says the magic words “I have a sister.”  Hello Courtney Hope!

Oh God, it's bad enough B&B wasted all the potential they had with Sally, but sharing screentime with The Mantis is too much!

I sure hope she's not some long lost sister.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Ugh, Lola has become such an awful character. Just dour and prissy and a total buzz kill. I had hoped Theo would liven her up a bit, make her fun, but after sleeping with him she became the opposite. And now I just want to fast forward her and I liked her in the beginning. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Ugh, Lola has become such an awful character. Just dour and prissy and a total buzz kill. I had hoped Theo would liven her up a bit, make her fun, but after sleeping with him she became the opposite. And now I just want to fast forward her and I liked her in the beginning. 

She was a lot of fun in the beginning, great smile, giving Vyle what for. Now she's like your maiden aunt who thinks everything is a sin.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Today's ep was historic, because it was the first time I was rooting for Pricktor! 

Billy to Pricktor: You did this to yourself, when you started protecting that monster son of yours.

Pricktor: That is called protecting one's children. It's what one does, as a parent. Unlike you, who failed in that department.

Young And Restless Shut Up GIF by CBS

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, bannana said:

Today's ep was historic, because it was the first time I was rooting for Pricktor! 

Billy to Pricktor: You did this to yourself, when you started protecting that monster son of yours.

Pricktor: That is called protecting one's children. It's what one does, as a parent. Unlike you, who failed in that department.

Young And Restless Shut Up GIF by CBS

Youhaveaniceday.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Every time I see Theo, I wonder why he’s still on this show. He really has no role and is still as awkward as he was on day one. It’s like he doesn’t know what to do with his body or what to do with his hands or with his face. Be gone with you, Theo. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3