Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 10/11/2022 at 5:19 PM, WenD08 said:

Their uniforms were designed by Vera Wang.  When I heard the news, I was excited to see them.  Then I saw them, I was a bit underwhelmed.

Vera Wang! Woooooow. So disappointing. And sadly I bet they paid her a small fortune for the “design”!  Rebel Athletic gear is waaaaay cuter than that, IMHO.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GetEmUp said:

Vera Wang! Woooooow. So disappointing. And sadly I bet they paid her a small fortune for the “design”!  Rebel Athletic gear is waaaaay cuter than that, IMHO.

Rebel Athletic does the AA Ice Angels uniforms which are really nice.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 10/13/2022 at 6:37 AM, bjo1969 said:

I don't get to watch it so it's interesting to me to know how she's doing on the show.

Abigail's got a pretty decent part on Days right now.  Her story's bigger than I thought.  Interesting to see her in a different genre of entertainment.  Honestly could see her sticking around for a while.  I think I heard she's on contract now anyway. 

I started watching Days for John and Marlena.  Especially Deidre Hall (Marlena), before Abigail was ever cast, so having Abigail there is an added bonus.  Haha I actually about dropped my mouse when I read Abigail was joining Days. 🙃

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
added something
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, GetEmUp said:

The Vera Wang uniforms were introduced in 2003. Vera "updated" the design in 2013, but the changes weren't major. It also looks like they've tweaked the shorts in the last few years to raise the waistband. (I noticed with all the cheerleader lawsuits a few years back, came a trend to dial down the sexy a bit across the league.)

The Eagles uniform (white bra top and white shorts) is incredibly ordinary looking. It is hard to believe that it's a "signature uniform," especially since they have gone almost 20 years with no branding on their outfits. I noticed the guys now have a logo on their costumes, but the women have no logos, no team name, no sparkle. This team is way overdue for something new. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

That was a nice article--thanks.

I guess it was a good thing there was no show back in 1981. premlims would be 3 hours long.

" ... back in 1981 so all types of women showed up.  At semi-finals, 2500 was narrowed down to 250 and that was when I took a look around the room and realized I was in trouble. These women were extraordinary.   Even though I had 7 years of classical dance training I gave up dance to be a high school cheerleader and for acting so I was behind in my dance skills/ performance.  I never danced on a Drill Team in High School or College.  I had never been part of a kick line until DCC auditions, but somehow I made it to Finals – 50 women and the returning DCC.  That year there were 78 of us vying for 45 spots.   I made the squad, but how I made it is what is interesting. "

• Love 5
On 10/17/2022 at 10:07 AM, cherryblossom said:

She seems like a very sweet lady. If I would have seen 2499 other girls at prelims, I’d have gone right home and back to bed.

But…her hair style in the recent pictures is cracking me up…very Long Island Medium Theresa Caputo vibes. 

• Like 2
  • Love 8
On 10/22/2022 at 8:35 AM, EricaShadows said:

Evidently the DCC alumni will perform at a half-time show this year.  Not sure exactly when.  Danielle Barhold evidently had the registration on her Instagram stories.

Exciting!  Hope to see VKs mom and Madeline salter’s mom!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, sATL said:

Is Jacie still a Rockette? I can't find the current roster, and with the pandemic seasons, I thought maybe her time with them could have went longer than normal. 

Looks like she moved to CA. The post says it was a week-long trip, but from recent comments people are saying they're so glad she's over there. Not to be mean, but I look at her trying to make it on the west coast & compare that to Maddie...well....there IS no comparison.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CiJqQvIPwcO/

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Looks like she moved to CA. The post says it was a week-long trip, but from recent comments people are saying they're so glad she's over there. Not to be mean, but I look at her trying to make it on the west coast & compare that to Maddie...well....there IS no comparison.

That Millenium dance studio is definitely in L.A.

As far as styles, Jacie and Maddie are miles apart in their styles which isn't a bad thing.  They're just different.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I guess it depends on the job. I'm a massive fan of Jacie, especially in jazz/contemporary styles, whereas Maddie seems set on a hip-hop style. Shame for Maddie because I actually think she's stronger in other styles. However, I do think they're two of the most employable ex-DCCs they've had.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They have nothing to be ashamed of Atleast they made it all the way to the big game when so many teams didn’t 

I've been a fan since 1978, I've been more than used to disappointment 🤣

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Her dress was absolutely gorgeous and I loved the soft blue and pink colors at her reception.  I'm surprised however by the number of modern wedding planners who don't know how to properly word a formal wedding invitation.

*When the parents of the bride are hosting the wedding, the parents are married (to each other) and their daughter has the same last name, the bride is listed on the invitation by her first and middle name only. Not first, middle and last. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I like to monitor the Wiki DCC/Making The Team site and make updates/corrections as needed.  Someone seems to dislike what has been posted on a former DCC’s page. All DCCs from the CMT era are listed and their tenure is laid out. DCC X was cut, not unlike others, no major controversy surrounding it.  The person went on with life, the end.  Either DCC X or a protective fan has edited out any mention of the cut.  
I find it…interesting.  It seems someone’s not over it.  But, not sure how I’d deal with such. Hope they don’t watch Pluto. 

• Mind Blown 1
30 minutes ago, WenD08 said:

I like to monitor the Wiki DCC/Making The Team site and make updates/corrections as needed.  Someone seems to dislike what has been posted on a former DCC’s page. All DCCs from the CMT era are listed and their tenure is laid out. DCC X was cut, not unlike others, no major controversy surrounding it.  The person went on with life, the end.  Either DCC X or a protective fan has edited out any mention of the cut.  
I find it…interesting.  It seems someone’s not over it.  But, not sure how I’d deal with such. Hope they don’t watch Pluto. 

You can hover over the 3 dots above their photo and review all the past edits under History.
I think you should add the cut back in on the said DCC's page. No reason to hide the truth.

wikicut.jpg

Edited by StellaCL
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

You can hover over the 3 dots above their photo and review all the past edits under History.
I think you should add the cut back in on the said DCC's page. No reason to hide the truth.

wikicut.jpg

On Chelsea's page it says (@ bottom of page) under Misc.that she was a Dallas Stars Ice  Girl. That is wrong. She never was;  it's a different girl  named Chelsea who was on that team.

24 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

On Chelsea's page it says (@ bottom of page) under Misc.that she was a Dallas Stars Ice  Girl. That is wrong. She never was;  it's a different girl  named Chelsea who was on that team.

I noticed that too. 

15 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I noticed that too. 

Looking at the past DSIG squads there were only 2 girls named Chelsea on the team. Chelsea M (2012-2013) and Chelsea B (2011-2014). 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

So what happened with Jennifer McMahon?

She was cut supposedly for partying on the calendar shoot. Don't know if it's true or not but that seems to be what people have been saying for years. The show used to have a MTT message board on the cmt site and I belonged to it.  This is what I vaguely recall a post from it about her. <<The poster said she was at the F&F show which was about in May 2008. She saw an angry/upset looking Jennifer coming down a hallway.>> Maybe she was told she was cut that night? Who knows?  I don't recall  much more of the post other than that because it was back from 2008.That message board was shut down maybe 1 or 2 years later.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

She was cut supposedly for partying on the calendar shoot. Don't know if it's true or not but that seems to be what people have been saying for years. The show used to have a MTT message board on the cmt site and I belonged to it.  This is what I vaguely recall a post from it about her. <<The poster said she was at the F&F show which was about in May 2008. She saw an angry/upset looking Jennifer coming down a hallway.>> Maybe she was told she was cut that night? Who knows?  I don't recall  much more of the post other than that because it was back from 2008.That message board was shut down maybe 1 or 2 years later.

I remember that board! I was on there as well, along with the original TWOP board, which I think morphed into this current board (I could be wrong). There were a lot of juicy stories going around back then.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

I remember that board! I was on there as well, along with the original TWOP board, which I think morphed into this current board (I could be wrong). There were a lot of juicy stories going around back then.

I remember a poster on TWOP who was spilling "supposed" inside info. It was a really long name which I don't remember and nobody had any idea who it was. The poster ended up getting kicked off and banned. One member  PM'd me and said  he thought it might be Elizabeth Wilcox from the 2005 MTT. She was the blonde who got called into Kelli's office and was cut without any warning. She was staying with vet Misty and rookie TCC Melissa from New Jersey. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Looking at the past DSIG squads there were only 2 girls named Chelsea on the team. Chelsea M (2012-2013) and Chelsea B (2011-2014). 

Thank you for that correction, I thought one of the Chelseas was her🤷🏾‍♀️

On 11/28/2022 at 7:33 PM, StellaCL said:

wikicut.jpg

That was the second time I corrected that section.  I think the same person had another “Jack Nicholson” moment because they still can’t handle the truth🙄

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I recall reading that she cavorted with some of the players. But that was never corroborated.

I feel like the cmt boards had a lot of good behind the scenes info that we all just took at face value. And I vaguely recall one poster who was called out for being Judy. I don’t know if it was ever verified but it was SO entertaining. I wish that was still floating around in a web archive. 

19 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

Yep! TWOP became Previously TV which became Primetimer. But before TWOP, it was Mighty Big TV which I believe was a Dawsons Creek recap site. I was on there too but under a different name. Lots of fun controversy back then. Every time a new poster on here comments about how “mean” we are, I wonder what their reactions would have been to TWOP. They wouldn’t have made it 10 minutes on that forum before they were chewed up and spit out. And then I realize some current MTT:DCC fans were too young to even read back when the show and these forums started. Lol.  

Actually it was getting so harsh that I even stopped going on TWOP around Season 7. 

19 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I remember a poster on TWOP who was spilling "supposed" inside info. It was a really long name which I don't remember and nobody had any idea who it was. The poster ended up getting kicked off and banned. One member  PM'd me and said  he thought it might be Elizabeth Wilcox from the 2005 MTT. She was the blonde who got called into Kelli's office and was cut without any warning. She was staying with vet Misty and rookie TCC Melissa from New Jersey. 

Interesting. I really liked her and remember being surprised by her cut. Wasn’t it her cut where Misty was really upset and was worried about Elizabeth going back to Misty’s apartment alone? 😔 She needs to come back on and spill the tea 17 years later! Statute of limitations has run out! 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Interesting. I really liked her and remember being surprised by her cut. Wasn’t it her cut where Misty was really upset and was worried about Elizabeth going back to Misty’s apartment alone? 😔 She needs to come back on and spill the tea 17 years later! Statute of limitations has run out! 

Yes it was Misty who was upset about her going back alone to an empty house. It was a nice big house because they showed Elizabeth and Melissa and what rooms they were staying in. Also showed both of them practicing on a nice patio.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I recall reading that she cavorted with some of the players. But that was never corroborated.

I feel like the cmt boards had a lot of good behind the scenes info that we all just took at face value. And I vaguely recall one poster who was called out for being Judy. I don’t know if it was ever verified but it was SO entertaining. I wish that was still floating around in a web archive. 

Yep! TWOP became Previously TV which became Primetimer. But before TWOP, it was Mighty Big TV which I believe was a Dawsons Creek recap site. I was on there too but under a different name. Lots of fun controversy back then. Every time a new poster on here comments about how “mean” we are, I wonder what their reactions would have been to TWOP. They wouldn’t have made it 10 minutes on that forum before they were chewed up and spit out. And then I realize some current MTT:DCC fans were too young to even read back when the show and these forums started. Lol.  

Actually it was getting so harsh that I even stopped going on TWOP around Season 7. 

Haha yes! I found this site in its original form back in college, bc I was looking for a recap of Felicity…which came on right after Dawson’s Creek. Lol. Oh man that was 2001 or 2002? FML I’m old. Bless. 

These days this show tends to be the only thing I do on this site, but I read so many show recaps back in the day! Living in Dallas I always had a former sorority sister or friend or friend of a friend on a reality show at any given time. Usually The Bachelor, but sometimes a DCC too. Always fun hearing the gossip and seeing other points of view. 

• Love 5
On 11/22/2022 at 3:07 PM, StepKickClunk said:

Wow Kat got that bag!  Go girl! 😄 

Plus she looks like she hasn’t had one single baby! She looks fab. 

How friggin’ crazy we’re just talking about Kat and I’m sitting here watching WWHL and her husband is tonight’s bartender! 🤯 🤠 🥃 

7EDEF76A-F245-4055-8823-6B63C3F42575.jpeg

Edited by StepKickClunk
Noted it’s “her husband”
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Every time a new poster on here comments about how “mean” we are, I wonder what their reactions would have been to TWOP. They wouldn’t have made it 10 minutes on that forum before they were chewed up and spit out. And then I realize some current MTT:DCC fans were too young to even read back when the show and these forums started. Lol.  

Yea I don’t get this when ppl say this board is mean.  I went and checked out the Reddit board and it felt so weird to me. Like there were no long term fans there it seemed. Maybe I got the wrong impression 🤷‍♀️

But speaking of other boards… can I just vent here in my safe zone for a quick sec?  

Jesus forgive me…

..but speaking along the lines of JerryJerBear -ish vibes… if Genghis Nim is here on this board right now, let me apologize in advance if I offend anyone/him.  But his FB group: “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders-Then, Now, and Forever-Discussion and Trade” just makes me scratch my head. I know there are crap TONS of DCCs that have joined it, even lots and lots of OGs like Tami Barber.  And I also know that Misty Schmitz is a mod there in that group (she runs the IG page @123dccgallery), she rocks, and she is super sweet and so awesome and kind…And I can’t imagine she would ever involve herself in something that was creepy.🤷‍♀️

But this dude, GenghisNim, has been personally following the girls for years,… the stuff he says like “please welcome ‘- - - - -’ to the group.... we’re so honored you’re here… there are 135 of your sisters here just waiting to welcome you!…” 🙄(as if this group was started by the DCCs themselves) and then promptly hits them up for friend requests, other prospective DCCs invitees, autographs and merch.  He’s very open about trading merch and autographs and all, and that’s cool, trading or whatever, but it feels like a major overkill/hustle.  I know a few former DCCs, like Sydney, have been enthusiastic/gracious and are lending this guy their credibility.🤦‍♀️

…..oh and then you’ve got that creepy-ass dude Brad Morgan that comments on basically every single post welcoming the girls. And of course, so many of the members are men that go in and creep and just comment on the girls looks,… not shocking.   Okay , maybe I have lost my mind and just need to chill out… but what are y’all’s thoughts??  (Photos attached)

C443BB3F-A17D-497D-A3BF-C0A82249CDA8.jpeg

259E13EB-A27A-466C-8201-2C623525B704.jpeg

0673D995-0D39-4C20-A75A-69B53E354EB7.png

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Yea I don’t get this when ppl say this board is mean.  I went and checked out the Reddit board and it felt so weird to me. Like there were no long term fans there it seemed. Maybe I got the wrong impression 🤷‍♀️

But speaking of other boards… can I just vent here in my safe zone for a quick sec?  

Jesus forgive me…

..but speaking along the lines of JerryJerBear -ish vibes… if Genghis Nim is here on this board right now, let me apologize in advance if I offend anyone/him.  But his FB group: “Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders-Then, Now, and Forever-Discussion and Trade” just makes me scratch my head. I know there are crap TONS of DCCs that have joined it, even lots and lots of OGs like Tami Barber.  And I also know that Misty Schmitz is a mod there in that group (she runs the IG page @123dccgallery), she rocks, and she is super sweet and so awesome and kind…

Reddit is good for more current stuff - like clips and photos from the last game, and fan perspective for those that have seen the DCC in person.  You don’t see those posts here much on PT at all. A lot of the frequent redditor posters seem young, like they only started watching the last few seasons, but there are some longtime fans there as well, they just don’t post as much. And yes, redditors love to complain about PT, but all that meanness the are referring too are days of old. PT really calmed down quite a bit after season 15 and the vet cuts. Now with no show and the insiders silent, PT has mellowed to a site for longtime watchers with not many posts these days at all. 

I don’t do the FB groups so I can’t comment there. But I do love 123dccgallery on my IG feed. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Reddit is good for more current stuff - like clips and photos from the last game, and fan perspective for those that have seen the DCC in person.  You don’t see those posts here much on PT at all. A lot of the frequent redditor posters seem young, like they only started watching the last few seasons, but there are some longtime fans there as well, they just don’t post as much. And yes, redditors love to complain about PT, but all that meanness the are referring too are days of old. PT really calmed down quite a bit after season 15 and the vet cuts. Now with no show and the insiders silent, PT has mellowed to a site for longtime watchers with not many posts these days at all. 

I don’t do the FB groups so I can’t comment there. But I do love 123dccgallery on my IG feed. 

That makes sense.  I do remember the S15 vet cut drama.  I also think some of that drama reflected how frustrated in general everyone was with the state of the world. Attitudes were spilling over into everything.  And you’re right, with no show, I guess many fans feel there’s nothing to talk about now since there’s nothing “current” to follow along with their journeys when you’re not local to their events.   

Call me crazy but I still love talking about all the previous seasons and training camps.  

I am also choosing to be optimistic that the show will be back on some platform someday.  It makes me sad. I hate that this show is gone😩.  

• Love 6

I was in the wackadoodle FB group for a minute but I'm with you, @StepKickClunk  - just could not with the creepiness.  I'll take mean girl cattiness over a bunch of creepy dudes all day long.

There are quite a few of us both here and Reddit, and I do enjoy both spaces for what they offer.  A lot of the weird posters get downvoted, so half the time you won't see their posts anyway, which is great.  And I love the clips from the games, and those who follow the girls on Insta.  I think some of the peeps that used to give more regular social media updates here have just moved that direction.  Works for me, I can kill time while procrastinating either location.  lol.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I was in the wackadoodle FB group for a minute but I'm with you, @StepKickClunk  - just could not with the creepiness.  I'll take mean girl cattiness over a bunch of creepy dudes all day long.

There are quite a few of us both here and Reddit, and I do enjoy both spaces for what they offer.  A lot of the weird posters get downvoted, so half the time you won't see their posts anyway, which is great.  And I love the clips from the games, and those who follow the girls on Insta.  I think some of the peeps that used to give more regular social media updates here have just moved that direction.  Works for me, I can kill time while procrastinating either location.  lol.  

Exactly! :)

• Love 1
On 12/1/2022 at 3:36 PM, kalibean said:

I'm also on the reddit one but it feels way too sunshine and rainbows for me. Anytime you disagree with a post they attack. If you aren't pissed that Ashlee wasn't point then you're the devil. Then they downvote you which cracks me up bc do I care if you downvote my comment, ummmm nope... I feel like at least here we can be honest and respect each others opinions. I personally enjoy hearing differing opinions. Sometimes I disagree with them just to stir the pot bc life is not sunshine and rainbows, is that bad? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5