Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

I might be all my lonesome but I am not a fan of the new Patriot's uniforms.  All I can think is how hot that high collared jacket is going to be that many hours dancing for a game. 

The white camel toe shorts with the stars are another problem entirely.

patriotscheerleaders_1663941482_1.thumb.jpg.b4a2c7b02544af502bcbba37d16ce5b8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 9/24/2022 at 7:50 AM, cherryblossom said:

The uniform may be iconic but it is not like the DCC one where you don’t have to keep adding buttons when they win. Why not have it divided down each button plaque so easy to add an additional button.  No stars for the guys?

They get new uniforms every few years, so I don't think it will be an issue.

Plus, I'm terrible at predicting things, but I don't see this unform lasting in it's current form for more than a year or two. It will go the way of the jets cheerleaders' ruffled underpants and the colts cheerleaders' horrible one-piece dresses.

1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I might be all my lonesome but I am not a fan of the new Patriot's uniforms.  All I can think is how hot that high collared jacket is going to be that many hours dancing for a game. 

The white camel toe shorts with the stars are another problem entirely.

My immediate thought the first time I saw the new unis was "I don't love it." I couldn't put my finger on why. There was something I didn't care for with the jacket, and you've nailed it. It's the high collar. It looks so uncomfortable.  It also looks like the jacket would be shifting around and flapping open while they dance. I gather they've designed it so it won't move, but it still bothers me. 

The other thing is, if you take away the jacket, this is extremely basic and boring. The stars on the waist are a little too on the nose for a former DCC.

And finally, the men's uniform, the top especially is a no for me, dawg. This is the second men's costume they've had that looks like a figure skating outfit. The wonky collar and the mesh sleeve inserts are fussy and the crystals across the chest look like a heart shape. Why didn't the guys get a jacket over a red tank?

1972040760_image(7).thumb.jpg.ee06d03ada7a2115d51450fe8d13013e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Jenna popped up on my Insta how old is she? One of her posts is all about her visit to get Botox & lip fillers. I can’t with these once naturally beautiful girls making themselves look like washed up housewives for no reason. She was never my fave at all…

• Love 6
2 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I was kind of speed reading through this thread, and I thought @ByTor was talking about Jenna's lips flapping all around.  ;)

image.thumb.png.de7d57f96f3cf9ef24962f87c3f81a49.png

😂

Though I gotta say, I like Jenna, I can't help but have a soft spot for her.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

😂

Though I gotta say, I like Jenna, I can't help but have a soft spot for her.

Do you really have a soft spot for her? It’s so funny how we all feel so differently about the ladies. I’m curious what about her gives you a soft spot? Not being funny I’d like to know… :-)

• Love 1
On 9/23/2022 at 2:27 PM, sleepyjean said:

Alexandria Walker (nee Stavrapoulos), now manager of the Patriots Cheerleaders, has redesigned the team's signature uniform.  Read an article about it here.

Alexandria

489273636_Alexandrialocker.jpg.2f9e2ca47355026e0c1351ecda607135.jpg

2021 uniform

wmcuh3r3xgxtsyie1xns.thumb.jpg.f82e649d4828d5b3d5bf585d3339cc43.jpg

2022 uniform

662574125_Pats2022uniform1.thumb.jpg.e041081530875c76f5f3fd9b22eb4356.jpg

I liked their old uniforms better..... this kinda looks like a knock-off of DCC's uniform.  

• Love 7
17 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not one worry at all, I know you really meant it as a question 😊

She made the team very young, and I just kind of looked at her as a naive person who let the DCC fame get to her, but still remained that naive kid at heart. Like that rumor about she & Dak? If it did indeed happen, I do believe that she really thought he was serious about her. And her texting Shelly about losing point, to me, was sad. I don't know, maybe I'd feel different if I actually knew her, but I just saw something in her naïveté and a sort of vulnerability that made her likable.

I'm a big fan of Jenna as well, for all the same reasons. I'm also of the belief that, contract or no, her partying with Dak and texting Shelly about point wasn't a big enough deal to warrant demoting her. Especially considering what others got away with. She was a great DCC, among the best dancers they've ever had, IMO. Naive is definitely a great way to describe her.

• Like 2
  • Love 14
On 9/28/2022 at 11:39 AM, cgloss said:

I'm a big fan of Jenna as well, for all the same reasons. I'm also of the belief that, contract or no, her partying with Dak and texting Shelly about point wasn't a big enough deal to warrant demoting her. Especially considering what others got away with. She was a great DCC, among the best dancers they've ever had, IMO. Naive is definitely a great way to describe her.

I love your perspective & @ByTor too. It is nice to hear differing opinions suddenly I’m feeling a bit soft toward Jenna thanks!!!

• Love 9
On 9/24/2022 at 1:17 AM, TB12 said:

With all due respect she would not have that job had the former manager not passed away. I don’t think she went to Dallas for that job. I also understand how Dallas may not have been for her. I’m in Boston & it may as well be another planet compared to Dallas. I don’t mean to sound defensive but she gets so much hate. She tried it, it wasn’t for her she left. That doesn’t make her a bad person. I respect that she did what was best for her…

I see what you mean and I partially agree with you. It’s hard when you feel out of place and desperately want to go home.

But the thing I struggle with is that we were dealing with a mature and very experienced professional cheerleader. Because of that, I hold her at a higher standard than the 18-year-old just out of high school kid. She could have (and should have) known better before she started this journey.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I noticed another change Alexandria has borrowed from the DCC. In the past the Pats have had a separate group of promo models/cheerleaders selected during an interview process alongside cheerleader auditions. This year Alexandria introduced the concept of the The Patriots' "alumni all star" cheerleaders. She chose four all stars, one of whom is her sister Victoria, a 3 year veteran and captain, who retired from the team this year. Two of the other all stars are also retired captains from the 2021 team.

620961875_image(11).thumb.jpg.93db7893866a7d458b397f860ec89698.jpg2100085532_VVallstar.thumb.png.5ebbdfe87b3e944bfc58ec34c279ff93.png

A lot of scorn and criticism has been expressed for Alexandria in this forum, and I've never agreed with it. I never felt one way or another about her, and I'm not ready to shred her for quitting the team when the only thing I know for certain is she put just as much blood, sweat, and tears into making the squad as everyone else, and there's no credible information on why she left.* 

Having said that, the optics on this are starting to look bad. While the DCC don't own the concept of a separate promo team, they are the only team that uses hand-selected alumni for this purpose. They are also the only team that has worn stars around their waists for 50+ years. 

Alexandria really needs to take care how much she borrows from the DCC. There's nothing wrong with learning best practices from other organizations, and taking inspiration from them, but when you do it over and over, it starts to look like copying. And when you are copying a team that frequently boasts about being imitated by lesser teams, it isn't a good look.

Now my antennae are up and I'm keeping an eye on the Pats to see what other changes Victoria Alexandria implements and whether they are her own idea.

*On a side note, it's funny to me that one of the rumors around Victoria is that she quit because the DCC are a bunch of mean girls. A couple of months ago a woman who was on the Pats team last year (while Victoria was on staff) posted a long Instagram post about how the Pats Cheerleaders are a bunch of mean girls too.

Edited to fix the names. Thanks Stella. I don't think the DCC "own" the stars or the all-stars. Nobody does. Best practices are best practices for a reason. But the effect is cumulative. The more times you implement something that another team is already well known for, the more it affects your reputation and the respect for your program. For example, there would be a whole lot of side eye if the Pats cheerleaders started doing jump splits, or using Thunderstruck for pregame, or wearing red holiday costumes with stars around the waist.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I noticed another change Alexandria has borrowed from the DCC. In the past the Pats have had a separate group of promo models/cheerleaders selected during an interview process alongside cheerleader auditions. This year Alexandria introduced the concept of the The Patriots' "alumni all star" cheerleaders. She chose four all stars, one of whom is her sister Victoria, a 3 year veteran and captain, who retired from the team this year. Two of the other all stars are also retired captains from the 2021 team.

620961875_image(11).thumb.jpg.93db7893866a7d458b397f860ec89698.jpg2100085532_VVallstar.thumb.png.5ebbdfe87b3e944bfc58ec34c279ff93.png

A lot of scorn and criticism has been expressed for Alexandria in this forum, and I've never agreed with it. I never felt one way or another about her, and I'm not ready to shred her for quitting the team when the only thing I know for certain is she put just as much blood, sweat, and tears into making the squad as everyone else, and there's no credible information on why she left.* 

Having said that, the optics on this are starting to look bad. While the DCC don't own the concept of a separate promo team, they are the only team that uses hand-selected alumni for this purpose. They are also the only team that has worn stars around their waists for 50+ years. 

Alexandria really needs to take care how much she borrows from the DCC. There's nothing wrong with learning best practices from other organizations, and taking inspiration from them, but when you do it over and over, it starts to look like copying. And when you are copying a team that frequently boasts about being imitated by lesser teams, it isn't a good look.

Now my antennae are up and I'm keeping an eye on the Pats to see what other changes Victoria implements and whether they are her own idea.

*On a side note, it's funny to me that one of the rumors around Victoria is that she quit because the DCC are a bunch of mean girls. A couple of months ago a woman who was on the Pats team last year (while Victoria was on staff) posted a long Instagram post about how the Pats Cheerleaders are a bunch of mean girls too.

I have seen that post from the pats cheerleader who retired from the team after a year talked abt how her heart was broken being on that team she ended up auditioning for the chiefs this season made it to finals and plans to audtion for the chiefs again 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Now my antennae are up and I'm keeping an eye on the Pats to see what other changes Victoria implements and whether they are her own idea.

I think you might be getting the names Alexandria and Victoria mixed up in the latter part of your post.

I don't mind other teams using alumni or "all stars." I don't see it so much as copying, but rather a good idea for a team that is doing a lot of events and publicity. It certainly shouldn't be exclusive to DCC only.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 6

Is anyone here following Abigail Klein's (2007-2008) appearances on Days Of Our Lives?  She's having a bigger story than what I expected (playing the daughter of two of the show's core characters).

ETA - Just saw this on Facebook! 
"ABIGAIL KLEIN ON CONTRACT, PER CREDITS...

After not being listed at all in the credits throughout September, Abigail Klein (Stephanie) was listed in the contract credits today."

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
formatting
  • Love 5
On 10/3/2022 at 2:30 AM, sleepyjean said:

Like StellaCL stated, I don't mind her "borrowing good ideas" from another team. But she is incorporating quite a few typical DCC trademarks and you don't want to look like a copy cat (basically what you said).  It's the stars on the belt, the white diaper short, the new addition of the vest, the All Stars...  It does look very DCC inspired....

Another thing I find awkward, is the fact that it is Alexandria who did this. While  Sleepyjean is 100% right in stating that we're not sure why she left (it could be a very serious, valid reason) she'll always be that cheerleader that dropped out weeks after making the team in her first year, which is very exceptional as well. She allegedly did criticise the DCC for a mean girl culture that was a lot different from what she expected too, though I can't remember the exact source but it was mentioned out here on the forum by a few posters.

If the changes had been incorporated by Kashara or JennA (to just name a few) it would have made sense. They were literally formed by the organisation and loved everything that came with it. Now, I just find it awkward and strange.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
On 10/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, Holly85 said:

I have seen that post from the pats cheerleader who retired from the team after a year talked abt how her heart was broken being on that team she ended up auditioning for the chiefs this season made it to finals and plans to audtion for the chiefs again 

Wow how did I miss that Insta post the Patriots are my home team. Fun fact I tried out to be a Pats cheerleader A LONG time ago, I cant dance, so much for most class spirit…

I don’t think DCC or Pats cheerleaders are unique to mean girls. How can there not be when you’re a group of stunning ladies who were prob all prom queen, head cheerleader, flyer… they’re all used to being top dog…

Edited by TB12
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TB12 said:

Wow how did I miss that Insta post the Patriots are my home team. Fun fact I tried out to be a Pats cheerleader A LONG time ago, I cant dance, so much for most class spirit…

I don’t think DCC or Pats cheerleaders are unique to mean girls. How can there not be when you’re a group of stunning ladies who were prob all prom queen, head cheerleader, flyer… they’re all used to being top dog…

She wasn’t the only one I’ve seen speak out against them one of the pats probowl cheerleader was speaking out abt them at one point 

• Like 1

I’d love to know how Kelli and Judy feel about this all and what they’re thinking. I don’t think it will go down well with Kelli. She’s very protective of the brand and her iconic uniform.

You could argue it’s not a true copy, but it looks nothing like the old Patriots uniform and very much like DCC, especially with the stars on the belt. Why the stars? Alexandria could have selected any shape or have a completely rhinestone studded belt. She could have created a whole new look with a hint of DCC but their own signature… A different color of shorts and a different belt would have made all the difference!

As for the dance moves:  I agree with DCC-UK that there’s a limit to possible pom-moves, but when I see the girls in their new uniforms do moves that so obviously come from the DCC signature dance, I can’t help but wonder “what else there is we haven’t seen just yet”. 

I suddenly have to think about the signature DCC announcement: “often imitated but never equalled..”  I guess we’ll have to wait and see how far Alexandria pushes her team to imitate and equal or best the DCC…..

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

You could argue it’s not a true copy, but it looks nothing like the old Patriots uniform and very much like DCC, especially with the stars on the belt. Why the stars? Alexandria could have selected any shape or have a completely rhinestone studded belt. She could have created a whole new look with a hint of DCC but their own signature… A different color of shorts and a different belt would have made all the difference!

Using stars actually makes sense to me because they make me think of 'Stars and Stripes.' The New England Patriots as a team naturally tend to have a lot of American Revolution iconography

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 9/30/2022 at 5:01 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

never saw what Kelli saw in Kalyssa. I knew what girl was not the wholesome DCC they thought she'd be.

Definitely ! I could tell from the get go she was a baadddd girl or as Kitty would say “she’s nasty “ I got p*rn star vibes from Kalyssa from the start 

• Love 3
On 10/5/2022 at 5:29 AM, DCC-UK said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci8vK8TDHoM/?hl=en

I know there aren't millions of dance steps to choose from but these two moves look awfully familiar...

And they are doing it soooo slowly that you can't possibly miss that they are doing the same moves. I agree that all of this together (moves, uniform redo, all stars, etc) is getting a little suspect. Sure, styles and dance moves circulate and travel, but have some of your own ideas. 

• Love 4
On 10/6/2022 at 1:10 AM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Using stars actually makes sense to me because they make me think of 'Stars and Stripes.' The New England Patriots as a team naturally tend to have a lot of American Revolution iconography

Fair point. And of course the DCC don’t own the right to having stars on their belts. 
I guess it really stands out because they switched from the blue-red skirts to white (DCC) shorts + the stars. They could have added a star-belt to a skirt or shorts in the patriot blue colour they used to wear.

• Love 1

Well, it certainly is pretty and a huge improvement of the old uniform! That, I have to admit. To be fair, there are more squads that could do with an upgrade😉

Say what you like about the DCC uniform, it’s not perfect with their too short diaper-shorts, but it is certainly one of the nicer and more flattering uniforms. I personally hate the two-piece bikini swimwear some squads use as uniforms. Those girls dance for NFL teams in a stadium, not for volleyballers on a beach!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I personally hate the two-piece bikini swimwear some squads use as uniforms. Those girls dance for NFL teams in a stadium, not for volleyballers on a beach!

The Philadelphia Eagles cheerleaders uniforms look like a 2 pc swimsuit. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

The Philadelphia Eagles cheerleaders uniforms look like a 2 pc swimsuit. 

Their uniforms were designed by Vera Wang.  When I heard the news, I was excited to see them.  Then I saw them, I was a bit underwhelmed.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2

Erica Jenkins and Shelly! (Now Erica Kiehl). I didn’t know Erica had anything to do with DCC or DCC alumni after her retirement in 2009. So happy for her and her successful journey to becoming a mom. She is still one of my favorites!

Edit: Also, her adorable baby looks just like her!

D1BD688C-500F-4736-B1EF-0A08A6E39079.jpeg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Erica Jenkins and Shelly! (Now Erica Kiehl). I didn’t know Erica had anything to do with DCC or DCC alumni after her retirement in 2009. So happy for her and her successful journey to becoming a mom. She is still one of my favorites!

Edit: Also, her adorable baby looks just like her!

D1BD688C-500F-4736-B1EF-0A08A6E39079.jpeg

They all look fantastic!!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I hate to keep bringing this up but is anyone here really even interested in following Abigail Klein (2007-2008) on Days Of Our Lives?  If not, I'll stop talking about it.

I don't get to watch it so it's interesting to me to know how she's doing on the show.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Blue hues said:

What is Tina Kalina doing?  Does she work with DCC?  She is so present with the DCC in social media.  Was she on the sidelines at a recent game?   Has Shelly  B retired?

She seems like a mom who lives vicariously through her daughter. JHMO.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Blue hues said:

What is Tina Kalina doing?  Does she work with DCC?  She is so present with the DCC in social media.  Was she on the sidelines at a recent game?   Has Shelly  B retired?

I heard somewhere that she works for the DCC in some capacity or at least did so at one time, though I don't think she currently does.  The majority of her access comes through Kelli because of their friendship if I'm understanding everything correctly.  I could be wrong though.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Love seeing her in the Tik Toks!  Is she on the sidelines in the clip of VK dancing at a game?   She must do ALOT of filming of VK.  Lucky girl to have a supportive mom who is likely her bestie!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

Lucky girl to have a supportive mom who is likely her bestie!

Helicopter mom who is her "person" and part of the problem

11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Exactly

• Love 12