Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Just did a little research.  According to this link Heather's a cheerleader for TN Titans AND the dance coach at Vandy

Yes Heather was a titans cheerleader for two season she decided to retire and won’t be on the squad this season 

• Like 2
(edited)

Marissa G. posted on Instagram she is putting her plans to return to DCC on hold. She is just living, healing and looking for what comes next. Someone asked if she plans to return one day and she replied never say never. I love that she said it was her dream job. Happy she got to achieve her dream. 

Edited by GonnahearmeRoar
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Supposedly, Lily made it back for her third year with the Denver Broncos.  I've not seen any "official" confirmation, but we should be seeing it soon.

Yes she did make it back video is on broncos cheerleaders ig page 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Dang.  I must be more blind then I thought.  However, I'm glad she made it back.  Sounds like the Broncos appreciate her FAR more than the DCC ever did.

They took back all veterans and extended the squad by two 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

In perhaps the audition section of this forum is a link to the Instagram for the introduction of all the cheerleaders & Lily looks strong! Our loss!

Here it is:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CrHCXOHqLu0/

Two other TX girls made the team as well. Rookie Mary Kate (former DS Ice Girl) and 2nd year vet Biebele (former TX Legends and Mavs Dancer).

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
On 3/30/2023 at 11:58 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Christina will always be one of my favorites. She wasn't the best dancer but her hard work and perseverance paid off. I think she should have been lower in the squad photo. They had her up with rookies her third season. I also think they did her dirty with they hair style they chose for her. How she wear is now looks the best. 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:00 AM, ByTor said:

At least they let her be blonde, that looked so much better than the brown they gave her in a prior season.

Ricelli? Yes that brown was bad. It was as bad as the brown/ash they gave Emily Roslyn. They both looked way better blonde. I hate when they use the excuse of “oh the brown adds a richness and a depth”.   Sometimes when they go darker on certain girls it’s just bad and seems even more unnatural than their unnatural blonde… if that makes sense.  And since I’m on a “lightening of the hair” kick, I like when they lightened up Kaime and Maddie for example.  I also remember Candace Carr coming in for her second tryouts with that jet black hair. I believe she was being very calculated and deliberate with that in order to stand out and avoid blend-itis, and it worked….. similar to when Auto Amy cut her hair.  Bold moves. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, StepKickClunk said:

Ricelli? Yes that brown was bad. It was as bad as the brown/ash they gave Emily Roslyn. They both looked way better blonde. I hate when they use the excuse of “oh the brown adds a richness and a depth”.   Sometimes when they go darker on certain girls it’s just bad and seems even more unnatural than their unnatural blonde… if that makes sense.  And since I’m on a “lightening of the hair” kick, I like when they lightened up Kaime and Maddie for example.  I also remember Candace Carr coming in for her second tryouts with that jet black hair. I believe she was being very calculated and deliberate with that in order to stand out and avoid blend-itis, and it worked….. similar to when Auto Amy cut her hair.  Bold moves. 

I can’t stand that they made rookie Amanda a brunette. It’s such a monotone brunette, no pretty highlights or shading. She’s a natural blonde with blonde eyebrows. Don’t play with nature and expect better results.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
22 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I can’t stand that they made rookie Amanda a brunette. It’s such a monotone brunette, no pretty highlights or shading. She’s a natural blonde with blonde eyebrows. Don’t play with nature and expect better results.

One hundred fifty MILLION percent agree.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I can’t stand that they made rookie Amanda a brunette. It’s such a monotone brunette, no pretty highlights or shading.

That's how I felt about Loren's brown. Yes they had to fix the crayon yellow, but the brown shade she was given wasn't the answer (IMO of course).

• Like 9
3 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

And it looks like Geena is still on the team! I always wished she had made DCC training camp. 

What season did she audition? She looks familiar. Also, she's so pretty. 

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Cianna is now a brunette and straightened her hair.  Cici (@cicilevi) | Instagram

Wow! I almost didn't recognize her! I bet brown is her natural color. She has slowly and steadily become one of my favorites when I watch old seasons.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

What season did she audition? She looks familiar. Also, she's so pretty.

I don’t recall, but she’s auditioned for several seasons, and (I think) always makes it to finals. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Regarding the hair: I've never particularly liked Tangerine. Too many misses in terms of hair color and to me, it feels as if they're struggling with finding a different hairstyle for the girls if they can't give them the typical long, wavy DCC look. And talking about changes: How about banning those awful wigs? It works for some of the girls, but to most...just no. Kat comes to mind now. I'd love to see how she looks as a DCC with her natural hair done up by a professional.

Does anyone know what happened to the old salon? Why did they switch to Tangerine in the first place? The scene where they were struggling with Jinelle's hair and Derek stepping in to save the day, will always be one of my favorite scenes in the make-over section!

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

OK so call me WAY behind.  When did Amanda retire?? (side note:  I haven't been keeping up with the show/cheerleaders near as much as I used to)

I believe it was in 2021, trying out for her 3rd year. She quit sometime after training camp started. Rumor has it, it was because of the vaccine mandate that year. And they never spoke about it on the show, pretty much how they did Erica in season 12. 

• Like 4

When the rumor about somebody from the team not liking the vaccine mandate started, everyone thought it was Rachel W. (some Alora Rose)

I feel bad for Rachel W for getting the hate.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I believe it was in 2021, trying out for her 3rd year. She quit sometime after training camp started. Rumor has it, it was because of the vaccine mandate that year. And they never spoke about it on the show, pretty much how they did Erica in season 12. 

They also didn't show the reason why Victoria didn't come back. 

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 4
21 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

17 hours ago, Kamal said:

When the rumor about somebody from the team not liking the vaccine mandate started, everyone thought it was Rachel W. (some Alora Rose)

I feel bad for Rachel W for getting the hate.

This isn't the first time I've heard of someone in the entertainment industry leaving a job because of the vaccine mandate by their production.  IIRC Steve Burton (Jason Morgan, GH; Harris Michaels, Days) left GH over the productions vaccine mandate.  

I forget...what was the Erica story?

• Like 1
13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

They also didn't show the reason why Victoria didn't come back. 

She didn't try out in the first place so she wasn't part of TC so she didn't need to explain anything on the show.

For Amanda she was in TC but got erased.

The two are different situations.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

This isn't the first time I've heard of someone in the entertainment industry leaving a job because of the vaccine mandate by their production.  IIRC Steve Burton (Jason Morgan, GH; Harris Michaels, Days) left GH over the productions vaccine mandate.  

I forget...what was the Erica story?

Erica had an injury that year and couldn't perform like a normal DCC. (I don't know how to word that, sorry. Lol)

When they went to the hall of fame induction thing in Canton for Jerry Jones she was told to just stay in the locker room. But she chose to go and hang out in the stands and drink. She sent a pic to someone and got ratted out. They cut her at some point after that. 

When the show aired they pretty much cut her out. They didn't talk about it at all. You could only catch a few shots of her here and there during camp. They even edited out when she was named as a first group leader, and made it look like that went to Kashara. Although Kash did get 2nd leader initially and was made 1st after they cut Erica. 

They pretty much did the same thing with Amanda seasons later. They didn't acknowledge her existence in TC, but you could see her at times. 

• Like 3
Just now, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Erica had an injury that year and couldn't perform like a normal DCC. (I don't know how to word that, sorry. Lol)

When they went to the hall of fame induction thing in Canton for Jerry Jones she was told to just stay in the locker room. But she chose to go and hang out in the stands and drink. She sent a pic to someone and got ratted out. They cut her at some point after that. 

When the show aired they pretty much cut her out. They didn't talk about it at all. You could only catch a few shots of her here and there during camp. They even edited out when she was named as a first group leader, and made it look like that went to Kashara. Although Kash did get 2nd leader initially and was made 1st after they cut Erica. 

They pretty much did the same thing with Amanda seasons later. They didn't acknowledge her existence in TC, but you could see her at times. 

It's all coming back to me now.... (and for the record I'm not a Celine Dion fan LOL)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, PamPamPam said:

And her physical well-being. Depending on the state one lives in, a miscarriage is extremely dangerous. I hope she was/is able to obtain healthcare. 

She's a teacher I'm sure she has insurance. In my state teachers are paid well and have the best healthcare benefits. I have a SIL who was a teacher and retired @ 55. Not something everyone can do.

On 4/25/2023 at 8:07 AM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

In a way, I’m glad they “erased” Amanda and Erica (to use Kamal’s wording). TPTB could have chosen to put it on the show and then skewer them in the inevitable office visit for drama. Such things could have damaged their reputation and haunted them forever, in both private and professional matters. These things don’t go away and resurface when you least expect it. (In Amanda’s case, it could have meant being dragged in a highly controversial debate)

As for Victoria, much has been said about that, and no one knows why she left. Not a huge V-fan, but she obviously needed a break from her big dream. I’m glad that in some cases, not all is sacrificed for the big bucks and number of viewings.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

She's a teacher I'm sure she has insurance. In my state teachers are paid well and have the best healthcare benefits. I have a SIL who was a teacher and retired @ 55. Not something everyone can do.

It isn’t about having insurance. It’s about being able to access the necessary medical care.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 10
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

In a way, I’m glad they “erased” Amanda and Erica (to use Kamal’s wording). TPTB could have chosen to put it on the show and then skewer them in the inevitable office visit for drama. Such things could have damaged their reputation and haunted them forever, in both private and professional matters. These things don’t go away and resurface when you least expect it. (In Amanda’s case, it could have meant being dragged in a highly controversial debate)

I agree with you when it's put that way and I wish TPTB could have done that for a few other girls (namely, Kaitlin Legrand for her odd and erratic behavior on the show which is due to issues in her personal life and Carla Ann for the way TPTB handled the whole situation surrounding her "naughty" pictures and the boyfriend).

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
On 4/16/2023 at 4:54 PM, EricaShadows said:

Dang.  I must be more blind then I thought.  However, I'm glad she made it back.  Sounds like the Broncos appreciate her FAR more than the DCC ever did.

That's so true!!!

On 4/18/2023 at 11:21 PM, StellaCL said:

Totally agree!! The brown is boring and makes her look older.

On 4/20/2023 at 10:23 AM, MrsEVH said:

Cianna is now a brunette and straightened her hair.  Cici (@cicilevi) | Instagram

I didn't recognize her but this brunette done right!

• Like 2
On 4/29/2023 at 10:48 AM, MrsEVH said:

Insurance has nothing to do with accessing healthcare for miscarriages these days. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

Kashara posted a pic from the draft. I saw Natalie Woods in it too. But does anyone know if that’s TCC meltdown Melena (Malana? Melina?)on the end?

35132175-36F5-44FB-9B8A-C55EF64E80AD.jpeg

• Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
48 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Kashara posted a pic from the draft. I saw Natalie Woods in it too. But does anyone know if that’s TCC meltdown Melena (Malana? Melina?)on the end?

Yes, it is Malena.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, mizzhyer said:
On 4/19/2023 at 12:21 PM, StellaCL said:

Totally agree!! The brown is boring and makes her look older.

I must be in the minority to think she looks better as a brunette.

1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

What kind of group of people are they in this picture?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Also in the photo is Crystal Risher (blonde next to Kashara) she was a DCC for 4 or 5 years just prior to MTT beginning. 

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Also in the photo is Crystal Risher (blonde next to Kashara) she was a DCC for 4 or 5 years just prior to MTT beginning. 

I knew I recognized Crystal Weir! Yay for her and Malena!  

• Like 2