Type keyword(s) to search

Former DCCs: Where They've Gone & What They're Doing

• Start Topic

On 1/17/2023 at 8:58 AM, StepKickClunk said:

I second this question☝️

Yes, we need to know the details about Tara’s mean girl incident!  I never knew something happened between them. 

• Like 4

I don’t know anything about a mean girl incident either. But when both Tara and Savannah auditioned as rookies, they apparently shared little else than coming from the Jets Flight Crew. It was discussed at lengths online that they weren’t friends but “made to look like bff’s” for the show….

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
On 1/19/2023 at 7:33 PM, TUOwl84 said:

Yes, we need to know the details about Tara’s mean girl incident!  I never knew something happened between them. 

They took a squad photo and wrote mean things abt each teammate savannah apologized Tara didn’t 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They took a squad photo and wrote mean things abt each teammate savannah apologized Tara didn’t 

Whoa really?!?!?  Like do you mean both Tara and Sav wrote mean things about every other cheerleader on a squad photo and someone found out and it was brought to K&J and they were confronted about it? That would seem grounds for getting cut for sure, apology or not. Yikes! 😬

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

3 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Whoa really?!?!?  Like do you mean both Tara and Sav wrote mean things about every other cheerleader on a squad photo and someone found out and it was brought to K&J and they were confronted about it? That would seem grounds for getting cut for sure, apology or not. Yikes! 😬

I wonder how bad this really was? Tara stayed in Dallas when she was cut. I found that surprising since her entire life up to that point was east coast. She must of had enough positive experiences to make her want to stay in Texas. Then she kept dancing and improved in both hip hop and her physical appearance. She was close enough with DCC Simone to be in her wedding and is now BFFs with Jenna. Although it is possible those friendships really solidified once they were all dancing for the Mavericks. I just think if she were really outcast by her teammates she would of hightailed it back to her former life in Jersey.

Edit: But I do think those old frienships understandably fell apart after she was no longer on the team - different paths etc.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 3

Like StellaCL, I wonder how bad this really was. I honestly can’t remember having heard anything about a squad photo with mean things on it at the time.

Tara was on for only 1 year, which happens to be the year where Savannah was voted Roty. It’s strange that a roty would do something like that, as they're voted for by team members who like them a lot. This would surely have destroyed all that, apologies or not.
Also, Kelli and Judy weren’t overly impressed with Savannah’s dancing.They often indicated that her looks, personality and good influence on the team and army brat background kept her on the team, so she didn’t have much credit there. It would have been a good excuse to have her cut.

As for Tara’s cut; the only thing I can remember, was that in her personal life was off. A problematic (ex)boyfriend iirc. This let to Tara losing her focus, making mistakes and losing the spunk and fun she always radiated. 

• Like 8

Curiously, I do not recognize pics of Kashara anymore.  Maddie posted a pic and I absolutely did not recognize Kashara.  What exactly has changed?  I haven’t been back to this board for a few years until recently…thanks for any info.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Curiously, I do not recognize pics of Kashara anymore.  Maddie posted a pic and I absolutely did not recognize Kashara.  What exactly has changed?  I haven’t been back to this board for a few years until recently…thanks for any info.

So many DCCs look nothing like they did when they first made the squad especially in the later seasons. So many have "work" done. It's kinda sad IMHO.

2 minutes ago, bjo1969 said:

Edited by bjo1969
messed up
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, bjo1969 said:

So many DCCs look nothing like they did when they first made the squad especially in the later seasons. So many have "work" done. It's kinda sad IMHO.

I agree and too young to have work done.  But with Kashara, she looks so different I just can’t decide what exactly was done.  Perhaps it is work with filters..lol…Snapchat makes me look like the good old days!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I agree and too young to have work done.  But with Kashara, she looks so different I just can’t decide what exactly was done.  Perhaps it is work with filters..lol…Snapchat makes me look like the good old days!

True. Kashara looks like she's lost weight and the last few pictures I've seen of her I didn't recognize her. Even when it was pointed out that it was her. Oh, and I don't think there's an app created that could make me look like the good old days! LOL! I might have to check out Snapchat!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 1/26/2023 at 2:41 PM, Jazzmom said:

I totally get this. The beginning of her Britney reel (it’s Britney bitch) she looks completely different. That has to be a filter.  Then when the reel cuts to her in costume, she looks more like herself.  I also think the stills on her page look like her… it’s the filtered reels that don’t. At least to me anyway.  Glad I wasn’t going crazy because I thought she was looking totally unlike herself as well. 

• Like 2

LMAO I’m so behind! I stopped reading/posting since the show was cancelled and I didn’t think we were all here anymore. Phew, my peeps!

Ok, Kashara isn’t Kashara anymore and I also can’t pin point it, but she has a few new something’s. Still beautiful though, just new.

The Reddit of “Tina” is beyond hilarious! I died like 5xs reading over there. And VKs TikToks are weird AF, but kinda enduring. She’s a weird lovable kid. We should all be pen pals with her! 😂😂

Edited by KickPretty
👋🏽
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, KickPretty said:

LMAO I’m so behind! I stopped reading/posting since the show was cancelled and I didn’t think we were all here anymore. Phew, my peeps!

Ok, Kashara isn’t Kashara anymore and I also can’t pin point it, but she has a few new something’s. Still beautiful though, just new.

The Reddit of “Tina” is beyond hilarious! I died like 5xs reading over there. And VKs TikToks are weird AF, but kinda enduring. She’s a weird lovable kid. We should all be pen pals with her! 😂😂

Love how VKs mom is so present in the majority of VKs social media!  If she isn’t in front on the camera, is she the one filming VK?  VK now has her own fan and pen pal club?  Is she the DCC with biggest social following and side business promoting herself?  Were the other legacies moms so front and center?

• LOL 1

I imagine other legacy moms like Meredith Odem’s mom, Kim, are not living vicariously through their children like Tina.  Even Judy wasn’t this way when Cassie was in. Sure she enjoyed the closeness of her daughter being there every day but…

• Like 9
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I imagine other legacy moms like Meredith Odem’s mom, Kim, are not living vicariously through their children like Tina.  Even Judy wasn’t this way when Cassie was in. Sure she enjoyed the closeness of her daughter being there every day but…

I was going to say that. Tina is probably pushing Victoria to go the whole 5 years since she couldn't.

• Like 2
On 2/3/2023 at 9:37 PM, Blue hues said:

Love how VKs mom is so present in the majority of VKs social media!  If she isn’t in front on the camera, is she the one filming VK?  VK now has her own fan and pen pal club?  Is she the DCC with biggest social following and side business promoting herself?  Were the other legacies moms so front and center?

I put in Dallas Cowboys cheerleader in search on twitter (not hashtag) just to see what has been happening last week.  The first thing that came up under top tweet  is a video of VK and the comment was like “ never forget when this Dallas Cowboys cheerleader ruined dancing.  The video is still there and it is something for sure.  

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

I put in Dallas Cowboys cheerleader in search on twitter (not hashtag) just to see what has been happening last week.  The first thing that came up under top tweet  is a video of VK and the comment was like “ never forget when this Dallas Cowboys cheerleader ruined dancing.  The video is still there and it is something for sure.  

I just found it! The comments are funny.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 2/4/2023 at 3:37 AM, Blue hues said:

Love how VKs mom is so present in the majority of VKs social media!  If she isn’t in front on the camera, is she the one filming VK?

Personally, I find this particular mother-daughter relationship rather toxic and suffocating for Victoria. Tina is just too much in every single way;  always around and dominating the scene as Victoria’s own personal cheerleader. It’s loud, it’s obnoxious and frankly, quite immature in terms of behaviour. 

It surprises me to see how Victoria tolerates this; most children would be appalled and mortified and wouldn’t want to be seen next to a mother behaving like this. Either Victoria has no choice but to accept it, or she is not aware which makes it even more toxic and unhealthy. Tina is her mother, not her BFF. Victoria needs a fellow DCC to live this dream, not mommy-dearest…

• Like 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Personally, I find this particular mother-daughter relationship rather toxic and suffocating for Victoria. Tina is just too much in every single way;  always around and dominating the scene as Victoria’s own personal cheerleader. It’s loud, it’s obnoxious and frankly, quite immature in terms of behaviour. 

It surprises me to see how Victoria tolerates this; most children would be appalled and mortified and wouldn’t want to be seen next to a mother behaving like this. Either Victoria has no choice but to accept it, or she is not aware which makes it even more toxic and unhealthy. Tina is her mother, not her BFF. Victoria needs a fellow DCC to live this dream, not mommy-dearest…

Is her mom front and center at the games?  Around for the practices and other backstage happenings?  Was it mom who filmed VK slipping/falling through a folding chair??  (See VK social media). 

• Useful 1

Apparently Tina is/was besties with Kelli and the family lives and breathes Dallas Cowboys. She has access to areas and people other dcc moms can never have.

When you watch the old seasons featuring Victoria, you see an awful lot of Tina hovering in the background or going completely crazy in the audience or on the side when the DCC perform. I even seem to recall footage of her waving with huge Victoria pictures in the audience. Tina was a rather hot topic out here during season 13 and 14. No DCC ever got away with a 10 lbs weight gain and lying straight into Kelli’s face, apart from Victoria. It was said this all came to Tina’s influence on Kelli and that their friendship cooled a lot after the cut. 

I find it hard to see any positives in this particular mother-daughter relationship because of how it was extensively featured and what was revealed out here on the board. (And the insiders who told certain things proved right over many other things over the years so they appear pretty reliable.)

• Like 3

I miss the show too. I also am a bit surprised no one has picked up the show or a new one hasn't been announced. It is nice "seeing" everyone again in the forum, though!

I expect we'll see some more retirement announcements--it is only February, after all--but, I'm going to make my first prediction of GL and 2GL. I am sure I will have to adjust it once all the retirements happen. I think, based on Jaylyn's post, we can expect Kat and Jaylyn to retire, which leaves a gap in this year's 2GLs stepping into GL roles. For GL, my early season picks are: Chandi, McKenzie, Claire, and (wildcard) Darian or Armani. For 2GL, I'm thinking: Ellie, KayDianna, Kellee or Tori, and Darian or Armani. Obviously, just wild guessing, but it gives me something to do until auditions or a new show comes around.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I feel Victoria doesn’t respond negatively to Tina’s involvement because it is years of normalizing it ….it is a normal way to live.  I once had a colleague who asked me if my husband called me stupid, had affairs, etc.  This from someone with a PhD.  Even if she tried, Tina would paint it as she has a close relationship with her mother that others envy & would put up many barriers. It is unfortunate that this will continue into her other relationships with boyfriends, husband, children etc. is VK an only child or only female?

Edited by cherryblossom
Misspellings
  • Like 2
On 2/8/2023 at 4:29 AM, LilyD said:

Apparently Tina is/was besties with Kelli and the family lives and breathes Dallas Cowboys. She has access to areas and people other dcc moms can never have.

Tina and Kelli were both rookies on the 1984-85 DCC. Kelli has mentioned it a few times on the show. 

• Like 1

I'm indifferent towards Tina. I don't really see anything wrong with her relationship and involvement with Victoria. It's okay to completely dislike her behavior, but that doesn't mean she's an evil person abusing her daughter. 

There is only one person to blame for Victoria staying so long in training camp her first time around, and that is Kelli.

• Like 8

Re: Kashara’s changing looks, I think it’s the Botox in her forehead. You can always tell because the forehead and brows kind of melt down into the rest of the face. She used to have such bright, open eyes but now they’re lacking expression.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I'm indifferent towards Tina. I don't really see anything wrong with her relationship and involvement with Victoria. It's okay to completely dislike her behavior, but that doesn't mean she's an evil person abusing her daughter. 

There is only one person to blame for Victoria staying so long in training camp her first time around, and that is Kelli.

Is VK close to anyone else on the team??  Rarely, if ever, see her hanging with the rest of the team!  I think it’s commendable she loves having mom front and center as DCC!  When my mom got more into my activities than me, I called it quits, so yay VK and TK share spotlight constantly!

Also VK posted wanting to “improve her turns” and posted videos on Tik tok for feedback.  Seems she’s serious about being A++++, so maybe a GL or VOTY could be in her future??

• Like 2
On 2/9/2023 at 11:47 PM, RedDelicious said:

'm indifferent towards Tina. I don't really see anything wrong with her relationship and involvement with Victoria. It's okay to completely dislike her behavior, but that doesn't mean she's an evil person abusing her daughter.

It just seems very unhealthy to me, I don't think she is an evil person and most definitely won't accuse her of abusing her daughter. That is something different altogether.

As for Victoria: I too have frowned on things she said or did on the show, but she was 18 back then and I did see her for what she was; an immature teenager still trying to find her feet and being clumsy in many of her attempts. She does seem kind and sweet toward fans and people interacting with her on SM. She'll get there.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

It just seems very unhealthy to me, I don't think she is an evil person and most definitely won't accuse her of abusing her daughter. That is something different altogether.

As for Victoria: I too have frowned on things she said or did on the show, but she was 18 back then and I did see her for what she was; an immature teenager still trying to find her feet and being clumsy in many of her attempts. She does seem kind and sweet toward fans and people interacting with her on SM. She'll get there.

Tina just strikes me as a typical stage mother. Also seems like she still wants to relive her glory DCC days vicariously through her daughter. Maybe because she lost those 2 or 3 years she didn't make it back because of weight issues and wants Victoria to go the full 5.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 4
On 2/25/2023 at 9:22 AM, TUOwl84 said:

I’m looking forward to seeing photos of Amber as she is getting married today. I think she’s gonna be a beautiful bride! 

They’re AMAZING. Everything about this wedding is so beautiful and looks like an absolute blast. 

Tons of DCC at the wedding, and Hannah and Jalyn looked oh so fab on either side of Amber for Thunder but they legit all looked amazing. The black and white wedding was gorgeous, loved all the dresses. 

Amber has been putting her tagged pics in her stories so a good source for now!

https://instagram.com/amber.nicolee13?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 4
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

They’re AMAZING. Everything about this wedding is so beautiful and looks like an absolute blast. 

Tons of DCC at the wedding, and Hannah and Jalyn looked oh so fab on either side of Amber for Thunder but they legit all looked amazing. The black and white wedding was gorgeous, loved all the dresses. 

Amber has been putting her tagged pics in her stories so a good source for now!

https://instagram.com/amber.nicolee13?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Dcc s at her wedding plus kliene and Marissa G kaydianna and tori 

DDAF21A4-C3A8-4E64-BA5F-3FE04D060506.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 6
  • Love 3
On 2/18/2023 at 5:17 PM, lilybell1425 said:

Season 15 is on again, and I wanted to see enough to get to know the newer cheerleaders, but I did not want to see the vets’ cuts. I unfortunately turned it on at the wrong time. Meredith‘s cut was just heartbreaking. 💔 I don’t wanna watch any more. 😭

It was the worst considering how awful the internet was to her during TC and her rookie season.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:49 AM, JarlenaFan2023 said:

Good! I was worried she got cut during auditions

Christina will always be one of my favorites. She wasn't the best dancer but her hard work and perseverance paid off. I think she should have been lower in the squad photo. They had her up with rookies her third season. I also think they did her dirty with they hair style they chose for her. How she wear is now looks the best. 

• Like 5
On 3/30/2023 at 12:58 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

I also think they did her dirty with they hair style they chose for her. How she wear is now looks the best. 

At least they let her be blonde, that looked so much better than the brown they gave her in a prior season.

And speaking of hair, I'm sure this will be unpopular, but I like the way Rachel A wears her hair now MUCH better than the chin-length DCC style.

• Like 8
22 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

But was Heather actually at risk of being cut from Titans tho? Esp one of their captains?

Yeah, I know she was a line Captain, but it’s  a fairly brutal world. 
There’s plenty of upper vets that have been cut across NFL teams. 

• Useful 2
On 2/26/2023 at 3:55 PM, Holly85 said:

Dcc s at her wedding plus kliene and Marissa G kaydianna and tori 

DDAF21A4-C3A8-4E64-BA5F-3FE04D060506.jpeg

Does VK attend any of the weddings?  I feel as though I never see her with her class or other social stuff?

• Sad 1
  • Useful 2
On 4/2/2023 at 1:26 AM, DocBrown said:

Yeah, I know she was a line Captain, but it’s  a fairly brutal world. 
There’s plenty of upper vets that have been cut across NFL teams. 

Didn’t know she was at risk. She seems happy at titans and being voted captain in second year, guess there isn’t gossip on the warnings etc of why? I know it’s a brutal world but hey go I guess 😀

1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Didn’t know she was at risk. She seems happy at titans and being voted captain in second year, guess there isn’t gossip on the warnings etc of why? I know it’s a brutal world but hey go I guess 😀

I don’t think she was at risk but more so ready to move on in life 

• Like 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Uk-Eve said:

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

I don’t think she was at risk but more so ready to move on in life 

The cheerleaders on the Titans seem to have much shorter tenures. 2 years is pretty common, then retirement.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, JarlenaFan2023 said:

I may be totally off here but I thought Heather Hamilton ("Little Heather" DCC) was a coach for the TN Titans team rather than a cheerleader?

She is (was?) a coach for Vanderbilt.

• Like 2