Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E09: Week 7: Country Night

• Start Topic

Just now, BeeBop88 said:

Grocery store Joe was sitting on a cow for his solo spot in the team dance. Grocery Store Joe is in the semi-finals. Talk about an upside down world. 

If there was ever a season where the Producers need to manipulate the votes this was the season. Just throw all his damn votes out, im promise he want he care because he is so ready to be put out of his misery and so is Jenna so she spend even more time with her Val.

• Love 3

I forgot to mention Evanna did so well keeping up with the pro females in the group dance. It was so cheesy and corny and country of course, but she danced it very well. 

For once I agree with CA, heh, Evanna really shows a lot of nice ballroom techniques in her dancing. She moves in the style, not just around it, it is very nice to see, not all female celebs pick up that quality, or can. Maybe she will keep it up once the show is over. 

Though winning is out of the question, I am just glad she hasn’t gotten the chop yet. She’s hung on at least to the Semis so she’s lasted longer than I would have guessed, especially with the chopping block being so lady hungry this year. 

Personally I would enjoy seeing Keo given the opportunity to choreograph a freestyle for the first time.

If he doesn’t have to worry about any rules or keeping in time with direct ballroom dances, I’d like to see just how far he can take his creativity.

Though there’s a good chance he’d do a Derek or Mark and it’d be a contemporary about Evanna’s journey or life long baggage that she is ready to be rid of or something. That might not be terrible but certainly not very original. 

Maybe it could be the first full on Harry Potter themed freestyle with flying on wires and wands and all the crazy CGIness. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, spanana said:

I did agree with Carrie Anne (shocking I know!) that the 2nd team dance had too much going on and it was hard to know where to look.  I know they were saddled with Joe, but the choreo wasn't very cohesive.  Bobby's team was more simplistic but I also thought it was more unified and the choreo made more sense for a group dance.  For a group dance, always go for easy things that can be done in sync.  Especially when dealing with sucky dancers.   

I was also trying to figure out some of the costumes tonight.  What was supposedly country about colored face paint and feathers in the hair (like Joe/Jenna had)?  I don't need to see everyone in plaid shirts and daisy dukes, but the face paint and feathers confused me.

Joe couldn’t even rip open his shirt in sync with the rest of the guys.

Make it stop!

Also, in the beginning of the routine for Joe’s team, (when the guys are in four separate corners and have to get down to their knees to scoot ‘n slide to get to their partners), Joe still missed his cue. 

Unpopular opinion, but Bobby was bad tonight too, both in his individual and group dance. He missed some spots in the table choreo. His footwork was sloppy too. His individual dance was rushed; he’s got zero musicality. I find it so odd that someone who has “the most popular radio show in its format” (Brag much, Bobby? He is so obnoxious!) doesn’t have an ounce of rhythm.

Anyone else laugh out loud when he announced he was going to work on American Idol, which is based in LA? I’m glad I don’t watch it anymore because I couldn’t take another show with Bobby bitching about how tired he is. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, spanana said:

I also am just not into country music so I couldn’t get into most of the dances.  It’s very hard to judge a samba when it’s countrified.  Same for JP’s charleston.

The same for me. The only number I could really get into tonight was Team HayNow, with "9 to 5" being such a classic and catchy song.

Even the team dances screamed of misogyny this season.  I know the worst dancers were the team captains and in reality they would have been chosen last, but on one what planet are the only two remaining female celebs also the last two chosen for the teams.  Joe’s supposed reason for choosing Demarcus first was because he’s strong?  Well if you had chosen a female celeb first you would have their trained male pro partner, who are also strong and know how to lift and dance.  I’m sure the flip side will be people saying they were chosen for their female pros who can choreograph over Keo and Alan, but I’m so over the female celebs being afterthoughts.  On no planet should Demarcus and John be chosen for teams over Evanna and Alexis.

If Milo had been a team captain, he likely would have chosen Alexis/Alan first.

Milo is still winning this season.  Get that mirrorball Witney.

I think, so far, this has been Witney's best season. Perhaps being the older one in the partnership has matured her as a teacher and choreographer. I even think her own dancing and the content she's been putting in Milo's routines have, as a whole, been better than her season with Alfonso, who is a much more seasoned and experienced dancer, performer and individual than Milo.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Annber03 said:

Add me to the chorus of those wondering how Joe is still there.

I think you can add Joe to the chorus as well.   

Im hoping for Milo and Evana in the finals.   Which means they’ll probably be going home next week.   

• Love 9

I like Joe, but his personality isn't the best about expressing interest/enthusiasm for the show (I know, I'm the same way). So when I watch him, it's hard to believe he is enjoying himself. If I compare to Bobby, Bobby seems really into the whole experience where Joe just seems meh. Joe did improve quite a bit from the beginning though. However, depending on the style of dance he is assigned, I can see him turning in another really bad performance. He seems to be passable when doing dances in hold.

I wasn't upset with this week's eliminations. I was surprised to see DeMarcus go, but he had gone downhill from week 1. I also felt like Lindsay was really choreographing around him trying to cover up his flaws. She may have tried to do too many tricks with him as well, rather than show off any dance improvement.

I was so relieved Evanna was safe. I'm glad Alexis was safe too, as we need one of them in the finals (not just because they are women, but they are actually both within the top 4 best dancers left). I'm really enjoying Evanna and Keo's partnership. I know a lot don't like Keo, but I think he just has a different personality than we are used to. I do notice he isn't as good about emoting during the dances though. For instance in the rumba, he would randomly start smiling. I think he is used to doing things for actual dance competitions whereas the show's viewers are looking for different things (like emotions in the dance, chemistry with the partner, etc). I would love to see these two makes the finals, especially since Keo would be so excited to go that far. You could see how happy he was to get a perfect score this week.

I'm really not feeling the Alexis/Alan showmance but maybe it worked and helped get them more votes. More power to them if that's what it takes to stay on the show. She is a great dancer but people apparently weren't connecting to that. I was actually surprised she didn't get eliminated tonight.

Based on who has been in jeopardy, we could actually have an all male finale. I know the bottom 2 or 3 aren't necessarily accurate, but usually those placed there need a voting boost. I don't think Joe, Bobby, Juan Pablo, or Milo have been in jeopardy yet. Seems crazy when Joe and Bobby are not that good, and honestly Joe doesn't have a very inspiring personality, but it is what it is. This season has been pretty lackluster. Juan Pablo and Milo are really good, and I do think Milo will most likely win so at least we may get a good winner. Hopefully the women can pick up some extra votes now that other stars are gone.

• Love 3

Now that John is gone, I doubt I finish this season.   I knew he would not win but I so hoped that he would outlast Grocery and Bobby.  John was the only real bright spot for me this season.  Milo is okay as is JP.   Don't like either of the girls left at all.  I know I am in the minority but Evanna just bugs for me.    Whatever.  I will just pop in here for the witty snark.

• Love 4

I don't get it...we've had a lot of ex-Bachelor/Bachelorette stars on the show before and while they'll always at least make it half-way through the competition I feel like that fanbase has never had this much control before. Especially when you consider how low Joe's scores have been (maybe the lowest among the Bachelor stars) and he's STILL here.  Is it just that he's more well-liked among the fanbase than any other past star that has done the show? Or is the regular DWTS fanbase just tuned out and not voting this season?

• Love 6

At this point Bobby’s dancing is almost as bad as Joe’s. It should have been both of them going home last night over DeMarcus and John. Also, having every commercial break buffered by country stars wishing Bobby good luck struck me as terribly unfair. Usually in a season where I don’t have a favorite contestant (like this season), I am less bothered by the dumb shenanigans of this show but this season has me irate even though I don’t really care one way or the other who wins (as long as it is not Bobby or Joe). 

• Love 9
Just now, TeeMo said:

At this point Bobby’s dancing is almost as bad as Joe’s. It should have been both of them going home last night over DeMarcus and John. Also, having every commercial break buffered by country stars wishing Bobby good luck struck me as terribly unfair. Usually in a season where I don’t have a favorite contestant (like this season), I am less bothered by the dumb shenanigans of this show but this season has me irate even though I don’t really care one way or the other who wins (as long as it is not Bobby or Joe). 

I always felt that Bobby was getting overscored throughout the season. The judges want us to believe Bobby is somewhat better than Joe when in reality they both cant dance to save their ass. Joe is nowhere good enough to be getting 7s. He needs to remain in 5s and 6s stage. I guess the judges r just giving up on Joe and realize no matter how low they score him, he aint going nowhere.

• Love 5

So last week I said that after a strong start, Demarcus was falling a bit behind but I'm sure he'd be fine with his fanbase. Apparently I was very wrong on that. Wow, Joe outlasted even Demarcus Ware - a football player who we know how much the show loves those types. Amazing.

By the way, for anyone wondering about people actually voting for Joe, I visited a popular Bachelor franchise board and someone started a thread asking if they should stop voting for Joe. 90 percent of the comments were no, because as far as they're concerned, this is just an entertainment show, not a real dance competition, so they can vote for whoever they like. Oh and many do believe that Joe is the true "spirit" of the show - i.e. a regular guy with zero performance background and trying his hardest. So yeah, we may be stuck with Joe until Final 4. Scary thought, I know. 

As surprised as I was that Demarcus was eliminated, I was thrilled that Evanna is still in it. I'm happy to see how she's grown throughout the competition and more importantly, to see the judges finally giving her fair scores. Now speaking of the judges and scores, I really hate when Len takes a whole point off someone for some bullshit reason. Len admits to Milo that he knows how difficult it is to be the height he is, dancing with someone so much shorter. He even says how difficult it was for him, when he was competing and yet you take a point off the guy when he's not a professional and still dancing his ass off? Bullshit. 

Meanwhile, I'm starting to feel like I either don't get Juan Pablo's greatness or he's being slightly over scored. Don't get me wrong, I do think he's good and for the most part I enjoy his dances but I'm sorry, I did not think that dance last night was perfect score worthy. Something about it just didn't really work for me. And it's starting to feel like he gets 10's no matter what he does. Oh well. 

The less said about that Alexis and Alan nonsense, the better. The worse part is that she is a great dancer and I absolutely loved their samba but I now will be more than okay with their leaving soon, so I'm spared that awkward, cringe worthy showmance. Didn't see the team dances so I have no opinion on them. 

• Love 13
31 minutes ago, ChrisMcGraan said:

I don't get it...we've had a lot of ex-Bachelor/Bachelorette stars on the show before and while they'll always at least make it half-way through the competition I feel like that fanbase has never had this much control before. Especially when you consider how low Joe's scores have been (maybe the lowest among the Bachelor stars) and he's STILL here.  Is it just that he's more well-liked among the fanbase than any other past star that has done the show? Or is the regular DWTS fanbase just tuned out and not voting this season?

It's not just the Bachelor fans voting for Joe. The Val/Jenna fans, and especially the shippers, are going nuts for him simply because he's Jenna's partner. With Val no longer in the competition, they're flooding their votes for Jenna and, by association, Joe. Same with Sharna's fans.....it's not just Bobby's country music fan base keeping him in this long.

I think it really may be time for them to start mixing up the pros --- bring back some of the original pros and give some of the current ones a season off. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, ChrisMcGraan said:

I have been wondering the same thing.  When people talk about the Bachelor vote, I always think in the past it never carried past a certain point even with the good Bachelor dancers.  So I don't get the Joe thing.  He isn't even a prominent Bachelor person.  

• Love 4
Just now, truthaboutluv said:

So last week I said that after a strong start, Demarcus was falling a bit behind but I'm sure he'd be fine with his fanbase. Apparently I was very wrong on that. Wow, Joe outlasted even Demarcus Ware - a football player who we know how much the show loves those types. Amazing.

Joes fanbase is lethal honey, Im telling u he is going to be in the top 3 or better yet may win this thing.

Just now, Wings said:

It is time to change the percentage of votes the viewers give vs judges.  The judges should have a majority vote.  This is nuts.  . 

The judeges scores should way the bulk of the voting. Im talking 80%, no lie. It may make a world of difference if the judges scores way in more and if they start allowing the bottom 2 battle it out in a dance off.

• Love 2

I think what it is with Bachelor Nation and Joe is that Bachelor Nation thinks Joe was screwed over twice: once on The Bachelorette (sent home WAY too soon for their liking) and again on Bachelor in Paradise. This is their way of having the last word by "avenging" him.

• Love 2

I agree with everyone that Joe must go. I love Evanna and also for some crazy reason feel they have it out for her. I also feel Milo is the guy to beat here. I don't think he should be the one to be win because although first he is an actor he certainly has tons of dancing experiencing aka Zendaya. 

31 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

By the way, for anyone wondering about people actually voting for Joe, I visited a popular Bachelor franchise board and someone started a thread asking if they should stop voting for Joe. 90 percent of the comments were no, because as far as they're concerned, this is just an entertainment show, not a real dance competition, so they can vote for whoever they like.

Well, they are right about that!

I am about at the point of rooting for Joe to win tbh. It would be straight-up hilarious.

I feel like Alexis/Alan has to be the most obviously fake showmance ever on the show. Maybe it's just recency bias, but I swear I have never been more embarrassed by something in my life!

I was glad Demarcus went because I thought he was kinda awful and I truly never understood why he was getting such praise. I liked John's dancing, but his package kinda left a bad taste for me last night. 

I really only actually like and enjoy Milo and Evanna so I was just glad they were saved. I voted for the first time in many years last night because I really want Evanna to get to the finals.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Bridget said:

Unpopular opinion, but Bobby was bad tonight too, both in his individual and group dance. He missed some spots in the table choreo. His footwork was sloppy too. His individual dance was rushed; he’s got zero musicality. I find it so odd that someone who has “the most popular radio show in its format” (Brag much, Bobby? He is so obnoxious!) doesn’t have an ounce of rhythm.

I agree. I've been rewatching their team dance (because it's probably one of the better team dances that I've seen) and Bobby wasn't great. During his solo moment with Sharna, he messed up a couple of the moves. Didn't Carrie Ann say that he was the MVP of that dance or something? I totally tuned her out once she put MVP and Bobby side by side, but I would say that Evanna was MVP. 

I like country music, and just recently got back into it, so I'm pleased to have recognized half the songs. 

I'm glad Evanna has made it this far, but I honestly don't see a scenario where she makes it to the finale, since this season hates me. With her being in the bottom a couple of times now, and with Joe/Bobby's fanbases being wild when it comes to voting, Evanna's going to go next week and it's going to suck. 

24 minutes ago, alexa said:

I have been wondering the same thing.  When people talk about the Bachelor vote, I always think in the past it never carried past a certain point even with the good Bachelor dancers.  So I don't get the Joe thing.  He isn't even a prominent Bachelor person.  

I really don't get it. I've heard more about Joe from here than I did during his season on The Bachelorette (a grand total of...one episode, I believe?). I'm sure he's a decent guy and all, but poor guy can't dance. Maybe with a better partner, he could have genuinely shown some more progress, but Jenna doesn't seem to be a good teacher, or she doesn't have the patience. 

However, still liking him better than Bobby so....if we're stuck with Joe to the finale, at least have him place higher than Bobby. I'd love to see the stink face on Bobby when he realizes that a shitty dancer finished higher than him. 

This show needs to stop praising not even just Bobby, but Juan Pablo to the high heavens. I like Juan Pablo and have grown a deeper appreciation for him, which will help me tolerate his character on Fuller House when that show comes back, but his dances are just so-so for me. I don't connect with him when he dances, which is very odd, since he can dance.

At this point, I'm rooting for Milo and Evanna. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChrisMcGraan said:

I definitely think it's partly to do with how liked he is. Keep in mind this is a guy who was eliminated in the first episode of The Bachelorette. Most times, these people are all completely forgotten as the season plays out. But in that one episode, some viewers fell so hard for him, that he was invited to Bachelor In Paradise. And that season for most of them solidified his "aw shucks/nice guy" status. Previous contestants had gone through a whole season as a lead, which usually leads to some dislike developing for them by the end. Joe didn't have that. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

By the way, for anyone wondering about people actually voting for Joe, I visited a popular Bachelor franchise board and someone started a thread asking if they should stop voting for Joe. 90 percent of the comments were no, because as far as they're concerned, this is just an entertainment show, not a real dance competition, so they can vote for whoever they like. Oh and many do believe that Joe is the true "spirit" of the show - i.e. a regular guy with zero performance background and trying his hardest. So yeah, we may be stuck with Joe until Final 4. Scary thought, I know. 

I mean, Joe both sucks and blows but the 90% aren't wrong in this case. It is a silly reality show, it's not a real dance competition (at best, it's a popularity contest: now with bonus sequins!), and people are allowed to vote for whoever they want. Doesn't change the fact that I think Joe should have been out week 1 but they're not wrong. Doesn't change the fact that I am side-eyeing and judging those votes HARD, either. 

I think I may be rooting for Grocery Store Joe for the Mirror Ball at this point. I mean, at least I'll be rooting for the winner for once?

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like Alexis/Alan has to be the most obviously fake showmance ever on the show. Maybe it's just recency bias, but I swear I have never been more embarrassed by something in my life!

Allans showmance with paige was more believable, hell his little interactions with Normani her season was more believable and he wasnt even her partner and just danced once with her. Hey, someone may need to feel in Alexis, if ur so into a guy maybe u need to atleast post about voting for u guys every once in awhile.

Edited by vdw84

OK...it's not a serious dance competition.  However, it is supposed to be a fun show allowing the audience to watch the growth and skills of celeb contestants.  I don't see it as an opportunity for someone who cannot dance, does not want to learn, and actually seems to be getting worse each week to win!

My top 3:  Juan Pablo, Milo and Evanna....in that order.  JP makes it all look so easy that some may be overlooking how hard he is working to make it look effortless.  Milo and Evanna (and JP) seem to be having a blast....and have learned to dance....well.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TeeMo said:

His being on American Idol certainly explains why they pimp him so hard.  Neither Joe or Bobby or entertaining or funny at all. Demarcus was a lot nicer and a much better dancer. I haven't voted in years, but I think I'm going to vote next week for everyone except those two buffoons.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Evanna winning at this point does seem pretty dim but since this is the season of surprises on top of surprises on top of surprises, then anything is possible.  I guess getting Evanna to the finals is good enough and finally getting to see a keo freestyle. I know keo doesnt have alot of fans on here but I think most of us can admit this has been his best season. He has improved so much as a choreographer, mentor/teacher and just overall pro. Sometimes it just takes that certain partner. Some pros can work with anyone and bring magic but for others esp. keo he just needs that one to just bring out his true talent. I think back to what Keo said in week 1 regarding Evanna, that he was going to turn her into a dancer and my Godly didnt he. He kept his word and now this girl is going into the semifinals as a dancer.

I like Keo and Evanna, and would love to see them in the finals with JP and MIlo. I like Alex's dancing, but I don't want to see any more of that pukeworthy showmance. I would still take her any day over Joe or Booby.

• Love 5

Wait...so Joe was eliminated the first night of the Bachelor? They way people are voting for him I figured he made it far. I dont get it. He is so awful . I fast foward through him and Bobby because they are both terrible and not improving. Carrie Ann calling Bobby the MVP of the group dance was laughable. Why because he didnt trip over his own two feet when dancing with better dancers. At this rate we are going to see two god awful freestyle and better more charming dancers like Evanna are going home 

• Love 5

Yes Joe was barely on the Bachelor, but was basically on the entire season of Bachelor in Paradise. I read rumors that they offered him the Bachelor gig too but he turned it down because he is dating Kendall. He is very popular because he just seems like a normal, nice guy. He is charming too, but I honestly think his personality is really lowkey for all the attention he has garnered.

Anyway from browsing some Bachelor forums, it's obvious his fans are obsessed with whatever he does. I don't think they will stop voting for him, but I'm doubtful he will actually win. Who honestly knows though. I saw someone say they put in around 400 votes for him in the first week because they thought he'd go home (why Idk since I think casual watchers of the show don't vote much the first few weeks, so that was overkill).

Bobby Bones fanbase seems insane too. I thought it would be big prior to the season. Now I'm wondering if he could take the MBT. He may get a lot of casual fans who are from states that get his radio show, so they aren't even mega fans but just familiar with him so they will vote for him. Even though I love Sharna, I wouldn't want to see her win with Bobby. The only pro I'd care about getting their first win this season is Keo because I think Evanna is really good.

• Love 4

Usually by the time we get to the finals, one of the better dancers will overtake the crappier dancer for the win.  I do think sometimes people that don't vote all season will wake up to vote for the finale and/or fans of those already eliminated will sometimes come together to keep X undeserving person from winning.  Also usually the judges can score the Joe types down enough that the better person just needs to get the same amount of votes to win.  Unfortunately this season with the finale all happening on one night and not two, that will be made all the harder since there will be no second night fusion to score down after the votes are already in.

I could see Joe or Bobby both in the finals and I could easily see one of them coming in 2nd, but I still see Milo winning.  I think there is going to be such extreme outrage if both of those morons are in the finale that it might drive the vote for Milo.

I really don't know where JP fits in because he's doing so well from a dance perspective, but personality wise he's fairly low key.   I wonder if not for his 10's and perfect scores if he would be in more danger or worse, already gone.

I don't really feel bad for Joe being used either because if he wants to be gone, he doesn't have to say that, but he also doesn't have to be asking for votes...which he and Jenna still do weekly.  There is a line between not saying you want to be there and actively encouraging your fans to keep you in it longer.

• Love 3

Both of those team dances sucked, but Bobby's looked like a third grade recital. At least the other team was a little better technically. I had to roll my eyes when they got a worse score. 

I had to laugh out loud when the other team got rid of Joe by making him ride a bull. At least he's a good sport for sucking so bad.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The same for me. The only number I could really get into tonight was Team HayNow, with "9 to 5" being such a classic and catchy song.

I agree. I've been rewatching their team dance (because it's probably one of the better team dances that I've seen) and Bobby wasn't great. During his solo moment with Sharna, he messed up a couple of the moves. Didn't Carrie Ann say that he was the MVP of that dance or something? I totally tuned her out once she put MVP and Bobby side by side, but I would say that Evanna was MVP. 

They definitely had the better song, but they were also much smarter with the choreography and the placement of their weak link. I honestly didn't even see Bobby when I watched the show live (rewatched it online and I can see where he made mistakes, but it didn't stand out). They made their formations kind of triangular and always had Bobby hidden in the middle somewhere with all the female pros and Evanna pulling the attention toward themselves. 

Team Joedown made the mistake of often putting themselves in lines with Joe on the end where it was impossible to miss all of his mistakes. Also, Joe's mistakes are always written all over his face, while Bobby kind of makes the same crazy face no matter what he's doing.

OK...it's not a serious dance competition.  However, it is supposed to be a fun show allowing the audience to watch the growth and skills of celeb contestants.  I don't see it as an opportunity for someone who cannot dance, does not want to learn, and actually seems to be getting worse each week to win!

My top 3:  Juan Pablo, Milo and Evanna....in that order.  JP makes it all look so easy that some may be overlooking how hard he is working to make it look effortless.  Milo and Evanna (and JP) seem to be having a blast....and have learned to dance....well.

Right. Actually, I'm not sure that Joe doesn't WANT to learn, but it's become clear that he CAN'T learn. There's no growth arc, the partnership with Jenna isn't fun to watch, it seems like a strain for her to pretend to be happy that they're still in it, and the dancing is just too embarrassing to watch anymore. 

I'll be disappointed to see him hang on into the freestyle portion because those are the dances I look forward to most and it'll be a waste if he gets one. Though freestyles in general are not as much fun as they used to be, I hate the trend of contemporary dances, I miss the fun ones of the past.

I have high hopes for fun one from Witney and Milo, so I hope they make it and Cheryl's choreography has been great this season, so with JP's dance ability, they could do a great one too. Keo's never made it far enough to know what he might do with a freestyle, but I'd like to see what he'd come up with. 

Alexis is good, but not terribly interesting to me, so while I want to see Joe and Bobby go first, she can follow them out the door and I won't care. Bonus for not having to hear about the terribly forced showmance anymore either, I always change the channel when that shit starts up. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Joes fanbase is lethal honey, Im telling u he is going to be in the top 3 or better yet may win this thing.

The judeges scores should way the bulk of the voting. Im talking 80%, no lie. It may make a world of difference if the judges scores way in more and if they start allowing the bottom 2 battle it out in a dance off.

Some of them are fricking insane.  Pointing out that Joe has no talent is grounds for doxing from some of the younger, more feral ones. 

For what?  A good looking guy with the personality of wet toilet paper?  He’s so listless and doesn’t seem to have any special skills.   Just smile and shrug like a dumbass. 

• Love 5

I thought it was sad to hear about John's divorce.  Whenever it impacts the relationship with the children, it makes it a lot harder.  I don't completely get it though as it sounds like they are adult children and should be able to understand that the parent's relationship doesn't completely impact them.  Most of the news articles I saw referenced money being the key issue right now.  She wants continued alimony and he can't afford it.  Even if there is something he has done wrong, I never understand in these circumstances, why is it up to one of the spouses to continually pay your way after you are no longer together--especially if the kids are adults?  

• Love 7
Just now, alexa said:

I thought it was sad to hear about John's divorce.  Whenever it impacts the relationship with the children, it makes it a lot harder.  I don't completely get it though as it sounds like they are adult children and should be able to understand that the parent's relationship doesn't completely impact them.  Most of the news articles I saw referenced money being the key issue right now.  She wants continued alimony and he can't afford it.  Even if there is something he has done wrong, I never understand in these circumstances, why is it up to one of the spouses to continually pay your way after you are no longer together--especially if the kids are adults?  

I never understood the whole alimony thing either if the kids are grown. I can see if ur left broke and without and have kids but anything else just doesnt seem right.

• Love 2
Just now, Iceprincess11911 said:

I think the ending will come down to Bachelor nation VS radio show nation.  My choice between these two, Joe! At least he hasn't complained about anything, like Bobby. 

I mean what does this season really have to lose if either Joe or Bobby win,  I mean the season cant get any worse so just let one of the nondancer(awful dancers) win and try to improve greatly for season 28.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I mean what does this season really have to lose if either Joe or Bobby win,  I mean the season cant get any worse so just let one of the nondancer(awful dancers) win and try to improve greatly for season 28.

I think the issue would be that though DWTS has already had problems with people questioning viewer votes etc (even though anyone can vote however they want), the winner is typically someone that can dance, and there are usually a couple of people in the finals that do a pretty good job.  If this season ends with the bad dancers taking all, I think DWTS is going to have a hard time justifying doing the show.  Granted the viewers did the voting, but on the other hand who wants to believe in a show that ends with its worst dancers at the end?  I say all of this knowing that DWTS is what it is--I am not projecting it was ever designed to have the best dancers win, but to be fair America usually does a slightly better job of voting than they are right now.  So my guess is that DWTS is a bit concerned about this outcome to some degree.  

• Love 2
Just now, alexa said:

I think the issue would be that though DWTS has already had problems with people questioning viewer votes etc (even though anyone can vote however they want), the winner is typically someone that can dance, and there are usually a couple of people in the finals that do a pretty good job.  If this season ends with the bad dancers taking all, I think DWTS is going to have a hard time justifying doing the show.  Granted the viewers did the voting, but on the other hand who wants to believe in a show that ends with its worst dancers at the end?  I say all of this knowing that DWTS is what it is--I am not projecting it was ever designed to have the best dancers win, but to be fair America usually does a slightly better job of voting than they are right now.  So my guess is that DWTS is a bit concerned about this outcome to some degree.  

The show totally will go down the drain if joe or bobby wins. Noone will take the show seriously but I just think for some reason one of these two r going to take the win. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

The other thing the show has to lose is that they might have a lot harder time getting celebs to sign on if they know that they are going to lose to Joe Bachelor types.  No celeb is willingly signing on for that humiliation and anybody with even a lick of experience won't go near the the show.  Now I know some might welcome that as it gets back to the supposed original spirit of the show and yay no ringers and all of that, but if you have seasons full of just Joes, the charm will wear off real fast.  That would be asking for cancellation.

Also yes, I know that works both ways.  If you only have Tinashe types win every season, you will never got those without experience to sign out.  But ringers rarely win so that isn't even something that needs much discussion.  It happens, but certainly not constantly.  It's just usually the winner has at least some modicum of natural talent.  Something neither Joe or Bobby have.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

The show totally will go down the drain if joe or bobby wins. Noone will take the show seriously but I just think for some reason one of these two r going to take the win. 

I don't think they will let Joe win, but Bobby might. His scores aren't that horrible, and he wouldn't be that bad if he just shut his mouth.

This show has been a joke for a long time, so I don't think it would be unbelievable if he won.

• Love 1
Just now, boyznkatz said:

I don't think they will let Joe win, but Bobby might. His scores aren't that horrible, and he wouldn't be that bad if he just shut his mouth.

This show has been a joke for a long time, so I don't think it would be unbelievable if he won.

And the show has been wanting Sharna to win for sometime, I just hate for her first win to be with someone of a Bobby type but hey sometimes a win is a win no matter how undeserving it may be.

• Love 3

Even if there is something he has done wrong, I never understand in these circumstances, why is it up to one of the spouses to continually pay your way after you are no longer together--especially if the kids are adults? 

Because when you're married for 21, it's all community property and mutual choices. Regardless of why they chose to arrange their marriage the way they did, they both agreed to a set of choices that would leave her with no work history in the event of divorce. That creates obligation. He claims he doesn't have the money to pay her alimony, but it sounds more like he feels like he just shouldn't have to. 

I suspect that is why his relationship with his adult kids is strained. 

I think it really may be time for them to start mixing up the pros --- bring back some of the original pros and give some of the current ones a season off.

I agree. A celebrity's chances should be better or worse simply depending on who their pro is. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Well, they are right about that!

I am about at the point of rooting for Joe to win tbh. It would be straight-up hilarious.

I was glad Demarcus went because I thought he was kinda awful and I truly never understood why he was getting such praise. I liked John's dancing, but his package kinda left a bad taste for me last night. 

I really only actually like and enjoy Milo and Evanna so I was just glad they were saved. I voted for the first time in many years last night because I really want Evanna to get to the finals.

That is the major problem with these type of shows. They become popularity contests when left up to the fans to vote for the winner. The judges can give opinions on the dancing and that is all great, but when it comes down to it the fans vote for who they know and who they like which is a joke. 

• Love 1
Just now, Squirt said:

That is the major problem with these type of shows. They become popularity contests when left up to the fans to vote for the winner. The judges can give opinions on the dancing and that is all great, but when it comes down to it the fans vote for who they know and who they like which is a joke. 

I dont even know why they bother with judges scores, I dont feel like it does much. They just need judge like sytycd and critique without scores. I mean if Joe can be the lowest point maker this  whole season and never in bottom then judges scores do not matter.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Zuleikha said:

Because when you're married for 21, it's all community property and mutual choices. Regardless of why they chose to arrange their marriage the way they did, they both agreed to a set of choices that would leave her with no work history in the event of divorce. That creates obligation. He claims he doesn't have the money to pay her alimony, but it sounds more like he feels like he just shouldn't have to. 

I suspect that is why his relationship with his adult kids is strained. 

I know that is why alimony exists to some degree, but it also doesn't allow for normal life circumstances and changes.  If a family's income changes over time, they have to change their lifestyle.  If a husband's salary no longer covers the bills, a wife that wasn't working will probably start working--whether she has worked before or not.  If a couple divorces, and for both of them to live they both need to work to make money, then that is how it goes. 

If no other family situation is guaranteed to keep what they have financially and can have a lot of different things happen to them, it makes no sense that a person going through a divorce demanding 20K a month should just be guaranteed that amount of money because they once had money.  The reality is that during a divorce the money often disappears because of the cost of the divorce alone--therefore there isn't as much money to share.  I have no idea of his exact financial situation, but I wouldn't doubt he has lost money over time, and at some point he chose to go to jail because he couldn't pay it.  At some point she should need to take care of herself to some degree, or live off way less than 20K a month.  

Well, I hope it works out eventually so they can both move on.  Maybe the DWTS opportunity will give him some new income to help pay for everything he is obligated to.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

The show totally will go down the drain if joe or bobby wins.

This made me laugh. DWTS isn't some world power that provides impact on human-rights policy in third-world countries. It's just an entertainment show watched by ... I don't know how many people. People tune in for mindless fluff and advertisers fork out $$ for their ads to be seen. It's a business, not a life-changing experience. Although it does change lives for many of the C and D listers who dance on it. It doesn't matter who wins, the show will be back next season as long as ratings hold, which they always do regardless of who stays, who goes, who wins. Derek, Mark and Maks are gone and the show is still on.

I got a kick out of viewers being blasted with strobe lights during the whole of Joe's routine. It would have been great fun if the entire audience and judges had fallen down with seizures during that dance. Tom mentioned it but that was all that was said about everyone being blinded by the light. --TM Manfred Mann

I had a hard time knowing which male dancer was which during the team dances. They all have that unshaved face and they all looked alike in their hats and checked shirts. Except I cracked up at Joe riding the bull in the background. All the men up front ripped open their shirts, and Joe was like "Oh yeah, I gotta do that too," so ripped his shirt open while hidden behind everyone else.

Who says this show doesn't contain humor?

Alexis can leave next. I'll take Bobby AND Joe over her stupid showmance baloney.

• Love 7
Just now, saber5055 said:

Alexis can leave next. I'll take Bobby AND Joe over her stupid showmance baloney.

I hope for Alexis sake this showmance is fake because aint noway would I be spilling out my feelings for man on national tv and u dont even know how he feels about u. She is super young so I guess I give her somewhat of pass but damn girl get some respect for urself. Even if this is fake, I wouldnt want be looked at being stupid  and kinda desperate on national tv.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, vdw84 said:

I dont even know why they bother with judges scores, I dont feel like it does much. They just need judge like sytycd and critique without scores. I mean if Joe can be the lowest point maker this  whole season and never in bottom then judges scores do not matter.

Yeah the judges scores and who is in the bottom doesn't mean much at all. 

• Love 1