Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Chapter Thirty-Eight: As Above, So Below

• Start Topic

I wish i liked Falice but I can’t. Both Alice and FP are terrible and the adult actors  at least for the back half of last season and the summer before this season have become quite try hards about the ship. Also sorry but this ship to me has always felt like fan pandering. I know people say Bughead is but seriously? I will never be able to ship them.

Also I’m sorry but their concern for what’s killing the town kids isn’t about concern for their kids as much as it’s about concern for what their kids will find out about them and their past. Yeah a plus parenting. I mean no parent on this show is a a plus parent(except Fred Mary and probably kevins dad)  but it’s so funny that this “concern” they have for Jughead and Betty isn’t about Betty and Jughead, it’s about what Betty and Jughead will find out about them. Which is kind of how it always is with them. I hope Falice fizzles out fast.

Aw Bughead. But I love that they use the bunker now as their hookup spot.

Aw Fred has been trying to see Archie for weeks.  That’s sad. Also Fred please.. use your secret from your teenage years as leverage to see Archie. Or get him out. Because whatever this is is not working.

Hey a betty and Veronica scene. Maybe the last one we get this season so let’s enjoy it!

Now that Betty said the game is connected to the farm.. it’s probably not. This show loves its red herrings. 

Pops still works at Pops? I thought he retired.

The speakeasy looks kind of cool but will probably not go well.

I’m not sure what the point of Penny giving Veronica protection is for, other than to have Veronica accept it and this is what causes a rift between her and the others. No one will be on her side regarding if she chooses this.

Ah Riverdale adds another element to Archie’s storyline. Fight club. And I’m bored with his story again. 

Love that Veronica called Toni First Lady topez.

Seriously I very much doubt that the farm is connected to the the Gyglore King game. Also Jughead should not join that game. And Betty should definitely not go to Ethel’s peer support group.

I mean yeah don’t get me wrong, Bughead shouldn’t have to be together all the time together but I don’t know. Once again it seems like the core four is separated and wasn’t that an issue last season? My problem wasn’t just Bughead being separated but all of the core four having different stories.

So the Ghoulies sent the speakeasy jingle jangle. I love how Reggie is suddenly scared when wasn’t he like selling it all the time last season? 

It really worries me how betty is pretending to learn about the farm. I hope the show doesn’t have her somehow get sucked in for real.  Also am I the only who’s confused about the Evelyn character? I thought she was supposed to look more like Betty and stuff? 

Hey fight club stuff. And I guess Archie isn’t playing by what the warden wants which.. good for him.  I guess. I mean.. what were the rules? Archie was supposed to let himself be punched in the face? Like the warden should have known better.

Ugh. Cheryl being in Jugheads chair. Not sure how I feel about it. 

Ha. Love Cheryl Toby and Veronica breaking into the white Wyrm basement for JJ making pictures. Also Veronica’s breaking into places catsuit is back!

Oh my god. This stupid game. 

Also I cannot believe betty is actually walking into the farm situation. This is going to end super well. Also Alice is just talking about everything to these farm people! I’m so done with Alice, you guys. I just am.  And Betty is having another seizure or something. Okay she’s definitely being poisoned the cult, right?

Um.. what is this game? Don’t drink this random drink Jughead. Also and he has to kiss Ethel? At least it was a quick and the show didn’t make something of it. But also.. then Ethel drank the other drunk? What?  Also how long until Jughead starts having seizures? Should we make a countdown? 

I wish I had plans to watch Sabrina but like a lot of what is happening with this show, I can’t when they keep trying to push it down my throat. And I was planning to watch it.

Ethel’s parents probably already know about the game, they probably played it too! Also Ethel is probably going to stalk you now. 

Also Veronica good on you but your dad clearly has no end to his villain like ways. And like I said last week that isn’t fun to watch. 

Aw Fred and Archie scene. And yeah I hope Archie can find a way out. 

Alice is acting pretty dumb lately. She thinks she can tell a group of people that she killed someone and hid a body and they will protect her and she trusts them? I’m sorry but this character is awful. She chooses Polly who left her countless times and treated her badly over Betty who has been a decent daughter to her despite her being a terrible mother to her? And she still is.

Aw speakeasy fun stuff! Everyone looked awesome! 

Jughead is dumb for leaving that book about the game in his trailer. I bet we all knew what was going to happen. 

I was a little nervous Veronica was going to fall for her fathers charms and his “I’m so proud of you”.  

Josie singing! I guess the pussycats are really done. And this show loves to intercut their musical scenes with violence, don’t they? Anyone remember last season with Out Tonight And Jugheads gauntlet scenes.. this show.

And look I know I should feel bad for Achie here.. but he put himself in this mess. 

And look surprise surprise FP and Alice found the book. And now they’re burning it.  And yeah.. great idea.. because just getting rid of it is going to fix everything. Or not. Because nothing has really been solved. Also again Alice and FP are real great parents. I’m so confused with how people ship this.  Betty and Jughead should really do way of Cheryl Blossom and divorce their parents.

Archie is escaping.. that will work out.

Also obviously your parents played the game, Betty and Jughead. 

So now everyone has the book. Like it’s the ring or something? 

Also I’m not sure how I feel about the flashback episode anymore. The kids aren’t the parents. So I’m kind of over te show tying to make it seem like they are.

i actually think I might be done with the show you guys. It was fun. Now it is not. I know a lot of you mighty hot miss my posts but I’ll miss  all of you! 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

Archie is quarantined in the land of Hot Guys.  Can we import some of them to Riverdale please?  Yum.  Though the whole fight club thing is absolutely insane.

Ethel? I've never liked her really, so her joining some cult doesn't fascinate me.  The only thing I like about Ms. Evernever is her name.   The Farm and all the crap that goes with it, bores me.   Will that change?  Time will tell.  I am interested in the parents aspect though.  Well, pretty much, all of the parents besides FP and Alice.   I want to know more about Hiram, Hermione, Sierra, Penelope and maybe Fred's role.

"You don't take the subway to the Met Gala." LMAO.  I love her as a viewer but you know the in-show characters probably roll their eyes (with fondness) at Veronica's, Veronica speak.  Her having a dial entry to her speak easy also cracks me up.  Her French.  She's so extra.  I see why she's drawn to Archie.  If she weren't dating someone down to earth (compared to her) she'd be in orbit.   Her walking the dirt road to the serpent throne in heels or her sneaking into a jingle jangle lab, wearing her "espionage cat suite." LOL.  I love when the writers let her go full mad cap.

I HATE that Veronica and Josie act like they are friends after last year.  Ugh.  Veronica never got to get even with Josie for spreading those flyers during the Student Council Election.  I'm not impressed with the vocal stylings of Ms. McCoy, I would rather the screen time go to her MUCH more interesting mother.  Though credit where it is due, can I have Josie's metabolism? SO lucky.

I don't know if it's going anywhere but I did enjoy the scenes with Veronica and Reggie.   I'd like to see him fleshed out a little more.  He is just as hot as Archie with his shirt off, so he passed my first test.  I'd love to know how Veronica recruited him and just how much time has she been spending with Mr. Mantle? Hmmmmm.   And did my ears deceive me or did Reggie call her "Ronnie" when he came to tell her that Hiram was upstairs.

Also really liked the scenes with Hiram and Veronica.  No matter how awful he is, he is her father.  By all accounts, before Riverdale, Hiram and Veronica were VERY close, that is not something easily shaken off.

OT but I cracked up at the actor who plays SweetPea.  He posted a picture of SweetPea and Veronica during the Speakeasy Opening, where Veronica is talking to him and touching his hand.  He said, "SweetPea is never washing his right hand again."  lol.  The actors are almost as corny as their characters.  I like it.

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

And look I know I should feel bad for Achie here.. but he put himself in this mess. 

I know some pretty weird stuff has happened to people in Riverdale over the last couple of seasons, and that Archie knows Hiram is working with the warden, but I don't think he even expected a legit fight club and his role in it. I'm sure that they only have this plot so we can have shirtless guys, though. I'm marginally less interested in this now, but it's still the most interesting plot of the season so far. I can't wait to see Archie's Prison Break plan fail, though I worry what might happen to the other guys, since I doubt the Warden will punish his star. 

I still could't care less about the Gargoyle King lore and its cult. I don't think I care about if it relates to the Farm. Since I don't think the parents will divulge the whole story any time soon, I'm just gonna start to slowly hate the parents. Hopefully, Fred's excuse for staying as much out of this as possible is that he's trying to spring Archie out of the creepy juvie detention centre. 

The speakeasy looks cool. 

There's a lot going on. 

• Love 1

Archie's gladiator story is better than Archie's solo stories usually are. I'm pretty much okay with keeping him in prison for a while. It gives Veronica time to have better stories than she usually does with him, because she has people more interesting than him to interact with. And it keeps him from singing.

The G and G cult story bores me to tears. Putting aside the whole "OMG, fantasy gaming b tha DEVUL!" subtext, if you're gonna go with a cliche that silly, at least make it exciting. When they get almost everything about prison life wrong, at least it's entertaining. When they get literally everything about gangs wrong, it's still entertaining. But every time that stupid game gets involved in a scene, the whole pacing of the show gets dragged down. And a big reason I don't like the farm arc is that, in show time, Alice transitioned from crusading reporter to cult member so rapidly that somewhere even Chuck Cunningham is like "um.. where did last season's Alice Cooper go?"

Wouldn't it be easier to just illegally sell booze to the other kids out of a van than to worry about the whole "speakeasy" thing? I mean, you're paying for electricity, entertainment, plumbers, cleaning, and at the end of the day you've still got three basic things working against you. And, no, I do not mean Cheryl posting photos of your secret illegal club on the internet. I mean even bigger ones.

1. Deliveries and waste disposal are still all taking place in the Pop's parking lot. 

2. Unless she also built a secret underground parking garage, every car is right there in the Pop's parking lot.

and

3. Most high school kids only have so much money to spend anyway. If their party money for the night was 20 bucks, you'e not going to suddenly get 50 from them. Epecially after they had to spend extra money to meet the dress code.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5

Veronica really would be the person running a retro style speakeasy out of a burger joint for teenagers. She is constantly in some kind of competition with Cheryl about who can be the most ridiculously over the top extra. Her sneaking around catsuit is one of my favorite things ever on this show. Plus, she and Reggie are a fun pairing whenever they hang out.

I admit it, I am kind of loving the Archie in prison story. Its like every prison movie in the world all come together with that Riverdale retro crazy as its sugary veneer all over it. I do feel bad for Archie though, I dont he quite signed on to teenage prison fight club and a creepy warden when he decided to take the deal to make up for his unpaid mafia internship last season. Its certainly better than his stuff last year. 

I swear, Riverdale must be on top of a Hellmouth or something, because it is just insane how much weird shit goes down on a regular basis. So we not only have all the stuff from the last few seasons, we also have this cult, which may or may not be worshiping some kind of supernatural creature, or just be crazy or doing drugs, which means the parents all have secrets about it like a dang Stephen King story, AND we have the corrupt Warden at juvie, AND we have the possible witch cult. I dont even know.

• Love 8

Yeah. I really do think I’m out. I’ll miss what this show was and could have been but nothing is all that interesting to me and I’ll miss the cast (the ones who play they teens, the adults have started to bug) but nothing is all that compelling to watch. Even the flashback episode already looks like it’ll put me off. The teens aren’t their parents sorry show. Stop trying to make that a comparison.

ill miss you guys.

• Love 1

Liked the episode.. I wonder if Mad dog will pop back up sometime this season... He seemed to have made a mark on archie.. Don't care Bout the gargoyle king thing.. And ima need the show to let Toni not be so p***y-whipped get that girl some room to be..like she was when she was introduced.. Poor girl gas been neutered..  In the premiere she looked like cheryl's trophy wife,  just hanging in her arm at the pool.. In their first scene today all she did was make faces while Cheryl chewed up scenery  and in the next scene we had Cheryl sitting in the big chair ( of the gang Toni has been a part of longer than any of these other folk.. That her grandfather started)  and Cheryl is the one talking big.. Ugh.. R. A. S gotta do better man.. How he portrays the sisters leaves much to be desired

Edited by UNOSEZ
  • Love 6

Riverdale remains hilariously awful.

Josie > Everybody Else.

The show does the most to try to keep Veronica relevant. It isn't happening.

Toni as Prissy to Cheryl's Scarlett is REALLY gross.

43 minutes ago, Dee said:

I don't know who those are off the top of my head but I get your context and they are characterized grossly.. I mean again Cheryl was full on stalking Josie.. And framed chuck for it.. And they just moved on from that and saddled Toni with her.. Now Toni out here looking like the keptest of kept women gazing at her lover with creepy adoration in her eyes

• Love 1

Yeah, you guys, I just decided I’m out. For real. Unless this show does something interesting to bring me back, I’m just not here for any of this. None of the characters are worth my tv time, I think I dislike all of them and while as I said I like the cast, they can be a little much too. Even the ones I like that play the kids can grate. So. As I said before I’m sure none of you will miss me too much, but I will miss you guys, even those I disagreed with. But I’m over this show. Maybe I’ll come back next season but I don’t think so, I’m calling it for me.

Maybe I’ll chat with you guys on some other tv forums!

• Love 4

47 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:
1 hour ago, Dee said:

I don't know who those are off the top of my head but I get your context and they are characterized grossly.. 

Gone With The Wind characters. 

Veronica and Reggie were sometimes a thing in the comics- they ought to do that on the show. Archie and Veronica can't be together another whole season, right? Or I don't know, maybe they want them together that badly, but I think they ought to go for a triangle with those three.  At least for now, I could see it.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Gone With The Wind characters. 

UGH for one Ethel didn't interfere with Bughead and Two as a Bughead Shipper it's gross that there are Bughead shippers out there Calling her that. 

This show is my gull;y pleasure. I expect batsht crazy things to happen, lol. In fact, I promote it. I mean, I watch some shows because they are award-winning and I love to embrace the quality. I watch Riverdale because it's entertaining, if even outlandish. I like putting it on knowing that I am not clock watching, it always keeps my  attention no matter what. 

I could never not watch this show in other words. It just keeps me entertained throughout the craziness.

I have to rewatch last night's episode because there were too many distractions like the phone taking place. 

Spoiler

But I wanted to say a friend of mine went to the Dallas Con this past week and Lili mentioned this show is not going supernatural. There's valid reasons for what is going on. 

Edited by Wilpen
  • Love 7

I don’t understand why certain Bughead shippers are freaking out about the Ethel lkiss. It waS like a nano second miss and meant nothing. Hell I worried for a second that the show would make it a thing with music and editing because this show but it was literally next to nothing. Then again Shannon making a tweet about interfering in the ship makes no sense because Ethel barley did. Unless something else is coming from it but I doubt that very much.

I really wish I could get into this show for what it is, but it’s hard because to me it lost a lot of what I liked about it. Like even the actual relationships between the characters feel like they’re nothing because the plots are taking over and taking those away.

Also I was excited about the flashback episode but I feel like it’s the show telling us that the parallels with the kids and the parents are real and I don’t want that. I mean.. I personally think Bughead is stronger than a Falice and Fred And Hermione aren’t Archie and Veronica. I just wish they hadn’t had the teen actors play the parents next episode.

The thing is I think I need to definitely take time away from this show and maybe come back and binge and then see if I like where ta going. This two week break is definitely what I need.

Edited by WhosThatGirl

Some Bughead shippers are pissed about the Jug/Ethel kiss? LOL! All I felt when watching that scene was poor Jughead the entire time. Dude didn't want to be there, let alone have to give Ethel a peck (that's all it was lol) if even on the lips. Something tells me Betty is going to be okay with that peck, lol. 

As a Bughead shipper, I am just happy they are detectives together and things are going okay for them. We are even getting some romantic scenes, even in bed together! It's awesome. I love how Bughead is constructed this season. I hope it keeps up. 

The one thing I hated last night was how TPTB made it a point to show both Bughead and FP/Alice sleeping together, like one shot after the other. Ugh. I get that it's technically not icky having both pairings but writers, you don't need to go out of your way to show both pairings in bed together scene after scene next to each other. :P

I hope you return. You're a big part of this fandom. :)

Edited by Wilpen
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Wilpen said:

Some Bughead shippers are pissed about the Jug/Ethel kiss? LOL! All I felt when watching that scene was poor Jughead the entire time. Dude didn't want to be there, let alone have to give Ethel a peck (that's all it was lol) if even on the lips. Something tells me Betty is going to be okay with that peck, lol. 

As a Bughead shipper, I am just happy they are detectives together and things are going okay for them. We are even getting some romantic scenes, even in bed together! It's awesome. I love how Bughead is constructed this season. I hope it keeps up. 

The one thing I hated last night was how TPTB made it a point to show both Bughead and FP/Alice sleeping together, like one shot after the other. Ugh. I get tjhat it's technically not icky having both pairings but writers, you don't need to go out of your way to show both pairings in bed together one shot after the next.. :P

I hope you return.You're a big part of this fandom. :)

Aw thanks! I will miss posting here! I think I will come back. I’m like 98% sure I’m skipping the flashback episode. I just don’t care to see this game being played in the past by the parents and I find the whole episode kind of lame, I know everyone else think it’s super cool to see how much the teen actors look like the adults but.. eh. It just doesn’t work for me, they do look alike but I don’t like this idea.

And I’m a Bughead shipper and that peck was a nothing. My only issue is that now it seems like SP the actress who plays Ethel is making it a thing by her tweet. Like I get she feels the need to clap back because people are saying awful things about her, but sometimes I think these actors should just ignore it. I honestly don’t think anything is coming from this nano second peck, Bughead seems pretty solid and I feel like Betty is going to laugh about the kiss when she hears about it(if she does, a part of me feels like Jughead May have already told her off screen).

As for Falice. I don’t get it? I don’t really understand the love people have for this ship and also the love for the two characters who are prettybawful separate as well as together. Also again I’m stating that most of the concern they shared for Betty and Jughead looking into  this game was more about what their kids would find out about their past, not about their kids. Maybe a little but I feel like they care more about what the kids will find out. Plus as I said Falice feels like probably the most fan pandering relationship I have ever seen on a tv show. I know there nuggets in season 1 , but by the back half of season 2, everyone was just leaning way too into it. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Aw thanks! I will miss posting here! I think I will come back. I’m like 98% sure I’m skipping the flashback episode. I just don’t care to see this game being played in the past by the parents and I find the whole episode kind of lame, I know everyone else think it’s super cool to see how much the teen actors look like the adults but.. eh. It just doesn’t work for me, they do look alike but I don’t like this idea.

And I’m a Bughead shipper and that peck was a nothing. My only issue is that now it seems like SP the actress who plays Ethel is making it a thing by her tweet. Like I get she feels the need to clap back because people are saying awful things about her, but sometimes I think these actors should just ignore it. I honestly don’t think anything is coming from this nano second peck, Bughead seems pretty solid and I feel like Betty is going to laugh about the kiss when she hears about it(if she does, a part of me feels like Jughead May have already told her off screen).

As for Falice. I don’t get it? I don’t really understand the love people have for this ship and also the love for the two characters who are prettybawful separate as well as together. Also again I’m stating that most of the concern they shared for Betty and Jughead looking into  this game was more about what their kids would find out about their past, not about their kids. Maybe a little but I feel like they care more about what the kids will find out. Plus as I said Falice feels like probably the most fan pandering relationship I have ever seen on a tv show. I know there nuggets in season 1 , but by the back half of season 2, everyone was just leaning way too into it. 

Good that you'll most likely be back. :) Oh yes, I'm not looking forward to the flashback episode either for the reasons you stated. Ugh.

Totally agree about the actors just ignoring social media stuff. 

Another thing from the Dallas Con...

Lili said that Bughead were good... her exact words. She seemed really happy with how things are going between Bughead this season. She obviously knows future storylines. So if she said they were good, period, more likely they will be fine throughout the entire season or most of the season. If something weird was coming up with Ethel, I don't think she'd mislead and say Bughead were good.

Falice... I don't get it either. I don't like this pairing at all. I do think fan pandering comes into play. It sucks. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Wilpen said:

Good that you'll most likely be back. :) Oh yes, I'm not looking forward to the flashback episode either for the reasons you stated. Ugh.

Totally agree about the actors just ignoring social media stuff. 

Another thing from the Dallas Con...

Falice... I don't get it either. I don't like this pairing at all. I do think fan pandering comes into play. It sucks. 

Yeah, I mean I really hope the show doesn’t thanks try to imply that the kids are their parents. I don’t think they are. And I use Falice and Bughead as my examples because they just are but I feel like Bughead cares more about each other than Falice ever could. 

Then again who the hell knows. I feel like Falice in the past was shown to have had an antagonist romantic relationship and now apparently they’re all lovely dovey. It’s kind of ridiculous and that’s because apparently there were fans who wanted this. It’s odd that people accuse Bughead of being fan pandering when I don’t understand how. And that’s my thing; I’m not a great fan of Bugheads parents having a child and then having a relationship but I can get past it. It’s not my fave thing and it’s a gossip girl Redux.

What bothers me is that the show seems to be rewriting the relationship because they know fans(certain ones) want Falice to be more like bughead. 

I just want one thing during sweeps now: Kevin performs at the speakeasy. 

Seriously guys, Casey has a awesome voice (but it runs in his family)

perfer a solo, but a duet with Josie is ok too

after what happened to Joaquin, I really want him to escape and hide out in the Keller attic.

boy they really are pushing the shirtless scenes, Coles starting to catch up to KJ, not that I'm complaining.......?

• Love 5

Blink and I'll miss out on all the craziness of this show lol!

Blue lips! Tree Beard sneaking around the hospital! Sex bunker! Speakeasy for underage kids! Secret prison fight club!

This is Riverdale baby lol! 

Ohhh WTG, please don't go! You're such a part if this forum! Wouldn't be the same without you! 

• Love 5

Finally watched this and Riverdale did not discount the crazy!

Thank you, writers, for remembering that Archie has PARENTS who haven't totally forgotten they have a kid. Fred at least is trying to see Arch and isn't going to back down; now could he and Mary organize the other parents of kids who are being beaten to death into a fighting force? The prison system and juvie still have to answer to state authorities, even if Hiram is bribing left and right. He doesn't have all the money in the world. 

Speaking of the warden, that actor is knocking it out of the park with his creepy bloodlust. He's doing a great job of not being turned on by the guys but by the guys fighting, like some more than usually lead-addled Roman emperor. However, Archie throwing fights? That's eventually going to piss off the guards who are losing money on the bets. This is a delicately balanced system of psychopaths here. Of course, he DID just hand a young man who has twenty years on him, is in peak shape, and full of raging anger issues a glass bottle full of alcohol. I said "You deserve everything you get" out loud at that point. But of course, I forgot we were dealing with Archie The Feckless Nitwit, who promptly hurled it at his bars and out of useful reach. His escape plan will most likely involve sock puppetry.

Moving on to The Farm That Grows Nothing But Crazy story, Betty and Jug are trying to solve "cases" that could easily get them killed and involve deep town decades long conspiracies--so, Wednesday. Jughead  (and later the Farm gang at the house) all see Evelyn so she's not a figment of Betty's mind, at least. Alice continues to devolve downwards to a newt form as she cheerfully rats out herself, FP, Betty and Jughead's coverup of a killing to a roomful of strangers! How the hell did this woman make it this far in life without falling down a manhole? 

Ethel's crash into mental illness gets more depressing every week. Also, way to go, sensitive Jug, for not only bringing up Ben but "her parents"; ETHEL'S DAD COMMITTED SUICIDE, FOR GOD'S SAKE. But I guess it's like Betty's dad being a serial killer or Midge's mom nearly murdering a teenager over her daughter's death; down the Memory Hole. I will say Shannon Purser is doing a terrific job with the character--you can totally buy her delve into this fantasy world. Plus, her costume as the Princess had that perfect over-worked earnestness that highlighted her desperation. She may fixate on Jug simply out of her pain but I truly doubt this is going to be some kind of triangle.

The long delayed speakeasy/money pit is finally open! I do like how Veronica is this crazy blend of sophistication and naivete: she's bleeding dollars every week but puts off the opening because of Archikins.  She recruits Josie and Toni for a little recon at the Wyrm (mostly an excuse to wear, again, the most hilariously over the top impractical sneaking around outfits ever) and blackmail material, but rather than threatening Hiram with his PAROLE BOARD, she goes FBI? Girl, you could shut him down in ten seconds if you really wanted to.

Also, every teenager in Riverdale must have a ten million dollar a year clothing allowance.

Josie is finally allowed to be onscreen for more than ten seconds, yay! 

Betty and Veronica remembered that they know each other!

I would love to know how Tree Demon managed to get into the hospital looking like that.

Now I'm picturing Tree Demon wearing one of those white coats with a stethoscope.  

"IGNORE ME!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
55 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

Blink and I'll miss out on all the craziness of this show lol!

Blue lips! Tree Beard sneaking around the hospital! Sex bunker! Speakeasy for underage kids! Secret prison fight club!

This is Riverdale baby lol! 

Ohhh WTG, please don't go! You're such a part if this forum! Wouldn't be the same without you! 

Aw thanks! I do feel the love but also feel like you guys wouldn’t miss my complaining and look I only complain about this show because I love it so!

Honestly I very much doubt that’s going to be a betty Jughead Ethel triangle. I’m sorry but that probably isn’t happening. If anything I can see Ethel developing a crush but it’ll probably lead nowhere.

As I said Bughead seems pretty solid and it seems like all the problems from them are going to come from non romantic issues. I just don’t see them breaking up, especially since so far in these three episodes we’ve gotten a lot

of Bughead against the world mentality and breaking them up last season was a big mistake so..

They have other things going on tht they have to deal with.Like Betty dealing with the farm stuff, Jughead and the game, their parents relationship should they ever find out about it.. which I’m surprised they didn’t find out about it. 

Also yeah.. Is it odd that they’ve decided to make Alice really dumb this season. I mean yeah polly is a idiot too but she’s kind of always been a little off.  Also again I have to bring up, it’s really hard to even enjoy the crazy Alice brings. That kind to Betty about how she trusts the farm more than Betty just reminds me that Alice has and always will be a horrible mother to Betty and maybe a horrible person. I know this show would like us I forget moments from past sessons so they can just drop them in and out but Alice is truly awful. She just is. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 2

Is there anyone else who's finding the Shawshank Fight Club plot way less interesting than the King in Yellow/Slenderman mash-up? And I couldn't care less about the Speakeasy. I don't know how much longer I'll stay with this show, no matter how pretty Skeet Ulrich and Cole Sprouse are.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Advance35 said:

"You don't take the subway to the Met Gala." LMAO. 

You know where you do take the subway, though? A speakeasy. Because it's secret. And its whole reason to exist is to serve illegal alcohol, Veronica WHAT.

22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I know some pretty weird stuff has happened to people in Riverdale over the last couple of seasons, and that Archie knows Hiram is working with the warden, but I don't think he even expected a legit fight club and his role in it.

I was expecting sexual abuse, so I guess this is a nice surprise?

Though I don't understand how the Warden's able to keep this going if he drags half the kids in his prison into a fighting pit every other night. Surely some of them talk to their lawyers at some point and/or get released at the end of their sentences? If they all died that would also be a noticeable pattern that would have people asking questions.

I get that the show doesn't care about reality but, then, why not lean all the way into it? Just don't try to explain anything or bother with the scenes where Fred's trying to get Archie out of prison or whatever. Just have him be in an alternate universe where it's Fight Club / Foxcatcher / Shawshank all the time and don't tie it back to anybody else.

22 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

The G and G cult story bores me to tears. Putting aside the whole "OMG, fantasy gaming b tha DEVUL!" subtext, if you're gonna go with a cliche that silly, at least make it exciting.

When Alice and FP were freaking out this episode, I suddenly realized how I want this story line to end: there's no conspiracy, there's no cult, there's no murder, there's no Stephen King's IT, there's no Evil Jumanji -- the whole reason the adults want everyone to shut up about the game is because LARPing is for nerds.

That would please me more than any other outcome.

5 hours ago, madhacker said:

I just want one thing during sweeps now: Kevin performs at the speakeasy.

I saw some video where the cast was answering questions and the actor who plays Kevin is so funny and charismatic that I'm now doubly sorry that his role consists of leaning into the shot to remind us he's there.

Edited by SourK
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, SourK said:

You know where you do take the subway, though? A speakeasy. Because it's secret. And its whole reason to exist is to serve illegal alcohol, Veronica WHAT.

I was expecting sexual abuse, so I guess this is a nice surprise?

Though I don't understand how the Warden's able to keep this going if he drags half the kids in his prison into a fighting pit every other night. Surely some of them talk to their lawyers at some point and/or get released at the end of their sentences? If they all died that would also be a noticeable pattern that would have people asking questions.

I get that the show doesn't care about reality but, then, why not lean all the way into it? Just don't try to explain anything or bother with the scenes where Fred's trying to get Archie out of prison or whatever. Just have him be in an alternate universe where it's Fight Club / Foxcatcher / Shawshank all the time and don't tie it back to anybody else.

When Alice and FP were freaking out this episode, I suddenly realized how I want this story line to end: there's no conspiracy, there's no cult, there's no murder, there's no Stephen King's IT, there's no Evil Jumanji -- the whole reason the adults want everyone to shut up about the game is because LARPing is for nerds.

That would please me more than any other outcome.

I saw some video where the cast was answering questions and the actor who plays Kevin is so funny and charismatic that I'm now doubly sorry that his role consists of leaning into the shot to remind us he's there.

Yeah Casey seems like a fun person. Kevin isn’t. But that’s not Casey’s fault.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Dobian said:

In the previews for next week I saw Jughead water skiing toward a ramp and a shark pen.

I mean at this rate  next season is going to be Riverdale the walking dead or something. Even if whatever this supernatural thing isn’t really super natural, what will the new genre be next season? I’m curious about that.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2018 at 9:09 PM, Advance35 said:

Archie is quarantined in the land of Hot Guys.  Can we import some of them to Riverdale please?  Yum.  Though the whole fight club thing is absolutely insane.

As far as I'm concerned, they can leave Archie and the whole bunch in prison.  At least it keeps him away from the other, more interesting stories so he can't mess them up.

I don't care for FP and Alice as a couple either, they make for strange bedfellows. 

I agree that they seem more concerned with what their kids will find out about them than with their safety.  We don't know exactly what is going on yet, but it's hard to believe it could be anything that would change this perception.

Edgar Evernever as the Gargoyle King seems too obvious at this point.  Besides, apparently the game predates The Farm by many years.  

I can't believe Alice told her support group about the murder she and Betty covered up.

13 minutes ago, rmontro said:

As far as I'm concerned, they can leave Archie and the whole bunch in prison.  At least it keeps him away from the other, more interesting stories so he can't mess them up.

I don't care for FP and Alice as a couple either, they make for strange bedfellows. 

I agree that they seem more concerned with what their kids will find out about them than with their safety.  We don't know exactly what is going on yet, but it's hard to believe it could be anything that would change this perception.

Edgar Evernever as the Gargoyle King seems too obvious at this point.  Besides, apparently the game predates The Farm by many years.  

I can't believe Alice told her support group about the murder she and Betty covered up.

Yeah I don’t get the Falice thing. It seems like as I already posted they decided to retcon their relationship into more romantic than it seemed to be because certain fans(not me) wanted this ship. To me as I said they seemed to have had a Antagonistic relationship. I gusss the fb episode will show us but it’ll be probably be more in-line with making them super romantic.. when I don’t think that’s how it was when it was hinted at. 

Also yeah as someone who is constantly confused with people who ship it, I don’t get why. Both Alice and FP are really bad parents. I will stand by my statement that they aren’t protecting their kids as much with trying to stop the game as they are protecting themselves.  And apart from that, they’re just awful characters. They really are.  FP is the better one of the two but even still.. not really. And I will never understand the Alice character love.  I just won’t. She’s been horrible since episode one of this show. 

13 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also yeah as someone who is constantly confused with people who ship it, I don’t get why. Both Alice and FP are really bad parents. I will stand by my statement that they aren’t protecting their kids as much with trying to stop the game as they are protecting themselves.  And apart from that, they’re just awful characters. They really are.  FP is the better one of the two but even still.. not really. And I will never understand the Alice character love.  I just won’t. She’s been horrible since episode one of this show. 

Yeah, Alice comes across as a terrible person.  FP is more likable, but obviously he's made some questionable life decisions.  And certainly neither is an ideal parent.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Yeah, Alice comes across as a terrible person.  FP is more likable, but obviously he's made some questionable life decisions.  And certainly neither is an ideal parent.

I mean Fp tries. Although so far this season, based on this episode because this is the most we’ve seen him in a lot of scenes, he seems more concerned about his relationship with Alice than his son really. Hell there were moments where I wondered if Alice was trying to recruit him into the farm! He seems fine with her being in it, he in fact said he’s happy the farm made her start up with him. So..

And Alice is a lost cause to me. She’s just an awful humn being who treats Betty horrible and like I said has since the very first episode. 

It's obvious the showrunner wants Riverdale to be total soap fantasy.  There is nothing remotely real about it.  They go out of their way to let you know each season how old these kids are.  Now they're juniors and sixteen.  Yet they dress and function as young 21+ adults and are put into adult situations in every episode.  Archie is now in Shawshank Prison, which bears no resemblance whatsoever to a modern juvenile detention facility.  Even his cell is archaic and looks like something out of Alcatraz.  Old-timey guards.  I keep waiting for Morgan Freeman to sit next to him in the yard one day and talk about Marilyn Monroe.  The parents are complete monsters, including a dad who now tries to set his teenage daughter up for a drug bust.  They are also dumb as bricks, like Alice.  And why doesn't Bughead fill in F.P. on the fact that Alice is spilling all their dirty secrets to the cult nuts, exposing all of them?  Stupidity is too often a key component for keeping the dramatic suspense going on this show.  And the show jumps from one big overarching danger engulfing the whole town to the next.  First it was a serial killer, now it's some weird supernatural (?) cult.  It's all very General Hospital.  I wouldn't be surprised if Luke and Laura dropped in and that the Cassadines are behind the whole thing.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 8

Yeah, I couldn’t stop laughing that the speakeasy where everyone was drinking was filled with dressed up high school students. This episode was boring again, and lots of FF material, but I’m willing to give it another one or two episodes to see if it picks up.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, twoods said:

Yeah, I couldn’t stop laughing that the speakeasy where everyone was drinking was filled with dressed up high school students.

And not only that, but they're all drinking Mocktails, because Veronica doesn't want to promote underaged shenanigans. Okay.

• Love 3

Jughead fucked in the bunker because of course they did.

"Ben's death haunts me... he didn't scream... why not? I wonder... because that's one of the rules?" Lili's line delivery here was painful. Also, for all that Jughead like to consider themselves true detectives, they're really not good at keeping up their game faces when things don't go their way.

I know Riverdale operates in its own special version of reality, but there is just something very annoyingly 80s moral panic about this Griffins & Gargoyles plot. Dungeons & Dragons doesn't deserve this! 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, galax-arena said:

Jughead fucked in the bunker because of course they did.

"Ben's death haunts me... he didn't scream... why not? I wonder... because that's one of the rules?" Lili's line delivery here was painful. Also, for all that Jughead like to consider themselves true detectives, they're really not good at keeping up their game faces when things don't go their way.

I know Riverdale operates in its own special version of reality, but there is just something very annoyingly 80s moral panic about this Griffins & Gargoyles plot. Dungeons & Dragons doesn't deserve this! 

Well no one on this show has a good poker face when things don’t go their way.

This game plot is really stupid, no matter which way you look at it. And again I have to say.. Falice sucks. Not just as a couple(I’m not getting why people ship it and sorry  but imho it’s been retconned so now they have a more romantic storyline when before it didn’t seem that way) but as parents, they don’t give a damn about their kids safety, they’re concerned with with the kids finding out more about their past. Again, really great parenting akill. Then again at this point I’m done with both FP and Alice as characters. 

Well my point is that Jughead fancy themselves as the town detectives, and if you're a detective, it's especially important to keep a good poker face when you're out there questioning people. You can't lose it when someone throws you a curveball because then oops there goes your game plan. That the other characters on this show are equally bad is irrelevant because that didn't factor into this episode. (Archie did lose it at that one moment when he started ripping apart his cell, but that had no effect/consequence. I'll wait until he inevitably botches up the breakout attempt.) 

Edited by galax-arena
8 minutes ago, galax-arena said:

Well my point is that Jughead fancy themselves as the town detectives, and if you're a detective, it's especially important to keep a good poker face when you're out there questioning people. You can't lose it when someone throws you a curveball because then oops there goes your game plan. That the other characters on this show are equally bad is irrelevant because that didn't factor into this episode. (Archie did lose it at that one moment when he started ripping apart his cell, but that had no effect/consequence. I'll wait until he inevitably botches up the breakout attempt.) 

Yeah I know but I chalk it up to them being teenagers and they don’t know how to not show emotion.

Also yeah.. Archie and the others aren’t breaking out of the prison. My guess is someone will get hurt or die during their great plan.. my guess is it might Joaquin. They brought him back for a reason and this might be it, mostly because this show seems kind of hell bent on making Kevin and Moose a thing so I don’t see them bring back Joaquin into the fold of the kids. I could be wrong but I feel like he’s going to be a Casualty of the big juive e break out of 2018.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
On 10/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, Snookums said:

Ethel's crash into mental illness gets more depressing every week. Also, way to go, sensitive Jug, for not only bringing up Ben but "her parents"; ETHEL'S DAD COMMITTED SUICIDE, FOR GOD'S SAKE. But I guess it's like Betty's dad being a serial killer or Midge's mom nearly murdering a teenager over her daughter's death; down the Memory Hole.

I'm pretty sure he attempted suicide. I don't believe he actually died. Veronica and Betty visited Ethel and her mother when they were at the hospital to see Ethel's dad.

• Love 2

You know, Riverdale, it's incredibly hard to take your mystery seriously when it basically boils down to a Dungeon & Dragons game that everyone is taking way too seriously.  What's going to happen next season?  A Call of Duty or Mario tournament turn deadly?  A Netflix binging marathon that gets out of control?  The possibilities are endless!

Oh, Archie!  Of course, the prison... I mean, "juvenile detention" ends up having an underground fighting ring as well.  And, naturally, the Warden knows how to push his buttons and after seeing Fang get his ass kicked, Archie's big, dumb heart can't take it, so he's now to the new Mad Dog.  I know he's brought some of this on himself, but I do feel for that big, ginger doofus.

Cracked up when Veronica bribed Cheryl with unlimited drinks, even though she already said they weren't serving alcohol.  So, I guess that means Cheryl gets all the soda, juice, and milkshakes she wants!

In episode with a lot of shirtless guys, the one that stood out was Reggie randomly without a shirt when he was setting up the Speakeasy.  I guess it was just hot in there or something.

So, Josie's new style of music is basically sounding like an opening theme for a Bond movie knockoff.  Alrighty then!

Next episode looks pretty fun though.

• Love 7
On 10/26/2018 at 11:23 AM, rmontro said:

It was a dumb thing to do, but I liked that moment because it seemed genuinely cult-y to me. Share all your secrets while everyone's being safe and accepting, then find out it's ammo to use against you if you try to leave later.

13 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This game plot is really stupid, no matter which way you look at it. And again I have to say.. Falice sucks. Not just as a couple(I’m not getting why people ship it and sorry  but imho it’s been retconned so now they have a more romantic storyline when before it didn’t seem that way) but as parents, they don’t give a damn about their kids safety, they’re concerned with with the kids finding out more about their past. Again, really great parenting akill. Then again at this point I’m done with both FP and Alice as characters. 

Also, apparently it's too dangerous for Jughead to read the rule book for the Gargoyle game, but when he takes over as leader of a biker gang it's cool.

Which reminds me, did Veronica take FP's job? I can't remember seeing him at the soda shop lately, at least not when he's working.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SourK said:

It was a dumb thing to do, but I liked that moment because it seemed genuinely cult-y to me. Share all your secrets while everyone's being safe and accepting, then find out it's ammo to use against you if you try to leave later.

Also, apparently it's too dangerous for Jughead to read the rule book for the Gargoyle game, but when he takes over as leader of a biker gang it's cool.

Which reminds me, did Veronica take FP's job? I can't remember seeing him at the soda shop lately, at least not when he's working.

Yeah the farm learning about all of Alices secret does seem true to cut life, I agree. It just makes me mad and I have to question why people like certain characters, like I’m sorry Alice is a truly awful human being to me.  I can’t really even say she was decent in season 2 because she wasn’t. At least not to Betty. 

And yeah at least at the beginning of last season FP was rightly angry that Jughead even joined the serpents now he’s like whatever and again... I have to state he’s only mad about the game because he and Alice and the other parents probably killed someone or something and don’t want the kids to know. Again I have to

repeat:They don’t really give a damn about the safety of their kids, they just don’t want them to find out something about them.

Also at the end of last season Veronica said she was going to give FP a job at the speakeasy.. but considering all we’ve really seen him do this season is hook up with Alice.. I guess that isn’t happening. Seriously. He’s terrible again now too. He’s more concerned about his romance with Alice that he praised the farm. I would not be surprised if he’s joining it in a few more episodes. Why do people ship Falice again? 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1
On 10/24/2018 at 8:41 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah, you guys, I just decided I’m out. For real. Unless this show does something interesting to bring me back, I’m just not here for any of this. None of the characters are worth my tv time, I think I dislike all of them and while as I said I like the cast, they can be a little much too. Even the ones I like that play the kids can grate. So. As I said before I’m sure none of you will miss me too much, but I will miss you guys, even those I disagreed with. But I’m over this show. Maybe I’ll come back next season but I don’t think so, I’m calling it for me.

Maybe I’ll chat with you guys on some other tv forums!

See you in two weeks! ;P

Edited by Daltrey
time correction
  • Love 3