Type keyword(s) to search

Jesus God, Leah!!

• Start Topic

What is so freaking sad about that is that it's the same activity every week. You don't need a calendar for that. You could just put a post it note on the fridge- tumbling on Mondays, cheer on Fridays. Particularly since with the custody agreement Corey is going to have truck the girls to their activities some of the month. 

• Love 11

Ali has basically nothing on that calendar. It's Aleeah, Aleeah, Aleeah. Even Addie has tumbling classes. Can't they find something non-physical that Ali likes to do? Painting? An instrument? Lego club? Something???? I think a calendar is great, but not when one kid gets a big, ol visual every day of how different they are. 

• Love 12

Ali has one item on the calendar- A doctor's appt on Sept 28th.

I don't use social media- but is it wise to display your personal calendar showing when you will be out of your home, where you'll be, etc on there?  I know we are talking about Leah, and the calendar is mostly blank, but it just don't make no sense to me why you would share those details with the public.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Ali has basically nothing on that calendar. It's Aleeah, Aleeah, Aleeah. Even Addie has tumbling classes. Can't they find something non-physical that Ali likes to do? Painting? An instrument? Lego club? Something???? I think a calendar is great, but not when one kid gets a big, ol visual every day of how different they are. 

I was going to say the exact same thing. Poor Ali. There are plenty of activities Ali could do, but she's probably not encouraged to because none of them interest Leah as much as cheerleading does. 

Edited by neatoburrito
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, neatoburrito said:

I was going to say the exact same thing. Poor Ali. There are plenty of activities Ali could do, but she's probably not encouraged to because none of them interest Leah as much as cheerleading does. 

I completely agree.

I don't know if other people are mentioning the lack of Ali's activities on that post of hers (all I saw was how "amazing" the white board is and what an "amazing mom" Leah is for having one!! I even saw the word "genius" and believe it or not it was not misspelled.) but we can expect to see another shot of it filled in with all sorts of stuff for Ali. Made-up shit, no doubt.

*Sigh*

• Love 7

Corey has the twins half of the time, right? So, realistically, half of the days she has shit written down, she doesn't have two of the kids. But, since she thinks cheer is what a girl should aspire to in order to snag a guy with a trailer, she probably tries to show up on the days Corey has the twinses.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

Corey has the twins half of the time, right? So, realistically, half of the days she has shit written down, she doesn't have two of the kids. But, since she thinks cheer is what a girl should aspire to in order to snag a guy with a trailer, she probably tries to show up on the days Corey has the twinses.

I spotted that too This calendar makes it look like Corey has girls one weekend a month. An I guarantee it was posted to try to make people believe that is the situation. 

On another note - totally in agreement about the lack of Ali activities on this calendar. When I was first married and my husband had this moronic idea that as a women I must love to housekeep we were arguing a lot. He just assumed I should love to spend all my free time cleaning shit and cooking dinner. I marked up a calendar and hung it on the fridge. It had my name all over it next to a billion chores each day of week and his name on garbage day (cause somehow taking out trash once a week was his go to example of how "balanced" things were. He saw it and got upset that I had stuck it up cause it made him look like an ass - which of course was the point. If I was Ali and I saw this calendar up I'd be freaking livid. Fine if Leah thinks cheer is awesome and is super into it. But find something for your other child to do as well A-HOLE!  I don't know how she could look at that calendar with all it's color codes and not feel like shit.

• Love 15

I could be wrong but my understanding was that Corey had the girls from sometime on Sunday to Thursday, and then Leah gets them after school on Thursdays until Sunday...except for one weekend a month when Corey gets to keep them over the weekend. I thought that on that week Leah only gets them from after school on Thursday until she drops them off at school on Friday and then doesn't see them until the following Thursday after school.

I am not sure about the tumbling on Tuesdays. Is Leah getting more time or is she maybe just meeting Corey for tumbling and Aleeah goes home with Corey?

• Love 4

She shows up for cheer and tumbling even when she doesn't have the kids. That was part of their custody agreement from the beginning of the dispute. 

Leah and Corey are honestly just cruel not to find more activities for Ali. There are about a million things a physically disabled child could get into. :(

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dabronx said:

When I was first married ...  I marked up a calendar and hung it on the fridge...

DaBronx, I have a feeling we would be best friends in real life.  I went on a "chore stike" once when I was first married to prove how unequal our chores were.

12 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

I even saw the word "genius" and believe it or not it was not misspelled.

*Sigh*

*Clapping my hands for tinkerbell* I believe!!!!

Once Leah figures out being a pinterest type Mom to Ali gets her a ton of praise, she will start.  I mean honestly, Pinterest is fuuuuuull of easy craft activities for young kids.  10 minutes of effort and endless photo ops are just around the corner.  

If this family valued education at all, I think Ali would be adorable as a scientist (tons of YouTube experiments), or have fun as a computer programer (Minecraft is a great introduction).  She could also get really into cooking, finding different recipes and researching different cultural styles to try making.  With a cheap camera or old Iphone, she could make home movies and edit them using inexpensive editing software. Stop motion animation videos done by kids are amazing online, and usually requires kids sitting for long periods to make.

There are so many more possibilities than just cheer.

• Love 10

Ventured over to Leah's Instagram and plenty of her deluded fans are defending her. So many of them are saying stuff like, "Ali's more limited as to what she can do", but that's not an excuse. Just because she can't do sports doesn't mean she can't do hobbies period. Sure she's limited in terms of physical activity, but she could enjoy plenty of other things if Leah wasn't too lazy to explore them with her. 

• Love 7

I'm sure her doctor said it was okay, but pictures like that still makes nervous. I'm not going to jump on the "call CPS she's endangering her unborn baby" bandwagon, but personally I wouldn't be lifting heavy weights like that while pregnant. To each their own, though.

On 9/3/2016 at 10:18 AM, Tatum said:

What is so freaking sad about that is that it's the same activity every week. You don't need a calendar for that. You could just put a post it note on the fridge- tumbling on Mondays, cheer on Fridays. Particularly since with the custody agreement Corey is going to have truck the girls to their activities some of the month. 

This is Dumb Leah here. She needs a calendar just to know what day of the week it is. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, neatoburrito said:

Ventured over to Leah's Instagram and plenty of her deluded fans are defending her. So many of them are saying stuff like, "Ali's more limited as to what she can do", but that's not an excuse. Just because she can't do sports doesn't mean she can't do hobbies period. Sure she's limited in terms of physical activity, but she could enjoy plenty of other things if Leah wasn't too lazy to explore them with her. 

Oh, so now they are commenting Ali is unable to do things? Wasn't it just a month ago that some photo was posted and people here mentioned the Leah defenders were commenting Ali needs to be active? 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, poopchute said:

Do any of these fools go to the library? They have so many activities at the library for kids. And adults!  That's so easy and free.  But I'm sure none of these people know where the library in their town is.

Don't you mean "liberry"?

• Love 10
11 hours ago, neatoburrito said:

That's horrible and delusional. 

Plus, tons of kids don't play sports. Do the commenters think those kids just never do anything?! The ONLY thing Ali probably couldn't do is a sport. And there are even adaptive sports for disabled kids. But seriously, art, music, cooking, writing, reading, science, crafts, gardening, stories, religious activities, theatre...there are actually probably more things she CAN do than things she can't. They're just making excuses :(

I wonder if she does more at Corey's? But I doubt it. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7

Gracie likely taught Ali the finer points of how to make toast. We just saw Ali in that photo opening the canned veggies. So, we know the girls are in the kitchen. They had to learn to make food or else they'd go hungry.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

DaBronx, I have a feeling we would be best friends in real life.  I went on a "chore stike" once when I was first married to prove how unequal our chores were.

I tried doing that, but I couldn't stand the mess for the several days it took before I gave in...Had a little breakdown over the weekend when I realized I had spent my day cooking, doing dishes, cleaning, cooking, and doing dishes while the OH did various leisure activities that interest him.

• Love 2

Haha, we spell my youngest sister's birthday as "Bearthday", because it's actually on Earth Day. Maybe there is some sort of inside joke? I've also noticed that young people do this thing where they misspell things on purpose, like it's cool. But a lot of them are truly ignorant as well, so it's hard to tell the difference.

• Love 4
On 9/4/2016 at 3:04 AM, AhFillAck said:

I'm surprised she hasn't scribbled in "Meditation", "Go to buy lots of vegetables", "Take English class at Deliverance University", etc. on there but I suppose there is only so much room.

Poor Ali only gets one thing on the calendar and it's a doctor's appointment.

Leah's taking martial arts? Photo op. Period.

It's a shame that Corey ("Other") only gets one weekend per month.

What annoys me about this dumb-arse calendar is that it makes it look like Supermom Of the Year Leah has the girls for 27 days of the month and Corey has them for 3.  Which I have no doubt was on purpose so that she can nominate herself for Mommy Martyr of the Month because she is umazzzzing for enrolling 2/3 of her children in extra-curricular activities (please pause for the appropriate clapping). 

How lovely that Gracie and Addie only have one activity each and Leah probably chose cheer and tumbling for the express purpose of having them get their own wedding ring and trailer before they hit 20. Even better that Ali doesn't have a single activity. 

I'm not judging parents who only have their kids in one activity for whatever reason.  But Leah has one child that she takes care of full time and all that kid does is tumbling for an hour once a week?  What about playdates?  What about going to the library or zoo?  If Leah did any of that stuff it would undoubtedly be up there so all I can assume is that Addie spends a lot of time rolling around Chateau de Leah with nothing to do.  I find it hard to believe that Leah is bothered to do anything with Addie anyway.

Also, can I just point out that all which is on the calendar is three weekly activities, one note about a weekend, one birthday and two appointments.  While I accept the need for the calendar, the gushing praise is a bit much. 

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, AhFillAck said:

One of the comments:

jess.holloway Why is Corey primary for?  

WHAAAAAAAAT?? How do these imbeciles get through their days?

Time to play "Let's pretend I'm a good Mom."

• Love 5
3 hours ago, AhFillAck said:

One of the comments:

jess.holloway Why is Corey primary for?  

WHAAAAAAAAT?? How do these imbeciles get through their days?

The same way Leah gets through her day -with dicks and pillses.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SunshineSquid said:

Why would she put their dirty shoes on top of their clean clothes? 

So the leghumpers can see the shoes, of course!  Otherwise, how would we all know that she's a wonderful mom?

• Love 8

I find myself wondering if Leah ever even asked the girlses what activities they'd like to do. I wouldn't be surprised if she just decided that they should be cheer leading like she did, because that's the pathway to becoming the most popular girl in the holler y'all. That's how you get yourself a looker like Robbie Kidd.

• Love 9

That's a very odd phrase Jeff used. "She gave up her career to be with my son"? Makes it sound like she had to choose between one or the other (not like, she and Corey made the decision together that she should stay home to take care of the house or the kids, but rather, it was a foregone conclusion she couldn't do both) . I wonder if perhaps the Mason County Sheriff's dept would not allow her to remain employed if she was going to participate in a reality show.

• Love 3

I think deputies have to live in the county, a neighbouring county or within a certain distance.
Totally useless info, but, she worked for the same sheriff's department featured in the film The Mothman Prophecies. 

• Love 5

If you're ever really bored, read the Topix thread about Point Pleasant, WV and you'll see exactly why she left the department. The comments are so bad, it's almost funny.

Edited by Katt
  • Love 3

As far as I'm concerned, Miranda is aces. She finished high school without having a kid or two, chose a career,  made it through the police academy, then got a job. She chose to be with a guy with two kids and they decided as a unit that she would take on the stay at home mom role. She lives in a house, not a trailer, that they own and has done a great job being a step mom to the twinses. And, she waited until after they were married to have a child of her own. Who knows? Maybe she'll go back to work in law enforcement when Remy is older. At least she has the option of returning to a career. The absolute opposite of Leah. Miranda has more brains and common sense than the entire Messer clan combined.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

As far as I'm concerned, Miranda is aces. She finished high school without having a kid or two, chose a career,  made it through the police academy, then got a job. She chose to be with a guy with two kids and they decided as a unit that she would take on the stay at home mom role. She lives in a house, not a trailer, that they own and has done a great job being a step mom to the twinses. And, she waited until after they were married to have a child of her own. Who knows? Maybe she'll go back to work in law enforcement when Remy is older. At least she has the option of returning to a career. The absolute opposite of Leah. Miranda has more brains and common sense than the entire Messer clan combined.

Agreed.  I can't see any of the TM2 girls making those sort of choices even without a baby.  As I understand, Miranda was 21 when she met Corey and 22 when they married (making her 26 now).  So she was younger than the girls are now when she accepted the twinses into her home with Corey and supported them wholeheartedly.  

And I think a border collie would probably have more brains and common sense than the Messer clan.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Tatum said:

That's a very odd phrase Jeff used. "She gave up her career to be with my son"? Makes it sound like she had to choose between one or the other (not like, she and Corey made the decision together that she should stay home to take care of the house or the kids, but rather, it was a foregone conclusion she couldn't do both) . I wonder if perhaps the Mason County Sheriff's dept would not allow her to remain employed if she was going to participate in a reality show.

It's odd wording but I try to keep in mind these aren't exactly scholars we're dealing with here. I have mixed feelings on the whole thing. If Miranda had a ridiculous commute to work it makes sense that she couldn't keep it up, but IMO, she was just killing time until she got married. I'm not saying Miranda didn't have a legitimate reason to quit, but it also looks flaky on her part.

• Love 3

I don't know, I don't see law enforcement as a "killing time" type of job. I don't think it was the commute entirely (although,l that's a LONG drive), but the fact that she couldn't work in one county and live in another. 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know, I don't see law enforcement as a "killing time" type of job. I don't think it was the commute entirely (although,l that's a LONG drive), but the fact that she couldn't work in one county and live in another. 

I agree. I'm pretty sure we had a pretty in depth discussion at one point about the reasons Miranda may have had for quitting the force, so I won't drag it up all again. I'll just say, along with the commute, there are the possibilities that a) she got burnt out on the job very quickly (happens a lot in the law enforcement field) ,b)she might have had to deal with a lot of petty sexism on the job and c)the cost for childcare for three or more children (if they have more) would be really steep.

• Love 3

The first thing I thought when I saw that picture was, "wow! That girl's pretty! Doesn't look like Leah!" Then I realized who it was. She looks so healthy and happy...such an upgrade in every way. Plus, she is happy and healthy without using #blessed #sohappy nonstop!

• Love 9
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's odd wording but I try to keep in mind these aren't exactly scholars we're dealing with here. I have mixed feelings on the whole thing. If Miranda had a ridiculous commute to work it makes sense that she couldn't keep it up, but IMO, she was just killing time until she got married. I'm not saying Miranda didn't have a legitimate reason to quit, but it also looks flaky on her part.

How do we know Miranda had a long-distance commute for work? So much information is posted here so I may have missed what was posted about her commute.

Many moons ago, I was striving for and even tested for different law enforcement positions. One thing is for sure, law enforcement is not a job that one just takes on to kill time. There is far too much work to just get a foot in the door for testing and interviews. The department background checks are pretty intense. They check your schools,, they send out paperwork to your neighbors asking them to fill out information about you and your day-to-day activities, they check with every employer you ever had, it is just an extensive background check. You have to be in good physical shape and pass their mental and physical agility tests. Then, the interviews where they throw out different scenarios to you such as "What would you do if a man is holding gun and is holding a baby hostage in a home and is threatening to harm the baby?" Then, there is the academy. After that is the probationary period. This is not like some job where you go in for an interview, you are hired and you start your job immediately with the idea that one day you are going to quit when something better comes along. One has to be fully prepared knowing the hard work it takes just to get to the academy. That is far too much work for someone who is not 100 percent committed to taking on such a career. Flaky people don't make it to the academy. Flaky people can't handle their business. Miranda is handling her business and taking care of three children. Flaky is what describes Leah.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10