Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

S13 E11: Staying Strong

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

This wasn't in response to what Kash said specifically, just the idea that a vet can say things that a rookie can't. In the locker room talking to each other/giving advice maybe; but out in public, no way.

Yep. If ppl think what she said was fine and would’ve fine if anyone else would’ve said it, then that’s one thing. I just can’t get with the “it’s ok because it’s Kash” thing.  Certainly, I think the rules are different in informal settings, but an etiquette class is an etiquette class.

She did say the comment about cleaning the bird to the cameras, but that honestly makes no difference to me. But again, I’m thinking of this as if someone who isn’t a favorite would’ve said the same thing. It’s not a huge deal one way or the other. Just got a  side eye from me.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She does always seem to be trying really hard to talk with a heavy accent and say cutesy things that demonstrate how “southern” she is for attention.   It’s not getting on my nerves as much this season as it has in the past, but she is still doing it.

YES!!!! I got raked over the coals for calling her accent contrived on this board. Contrived or not, I find nothing cute or endearing about her accent. TBH, I’d rather listen to Victoria whine about being called into the office FIIIIVE TIMES than listen to KaShara say anything. I won’t miss her when she retires.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Not an overall fan, but you see moments where VK seems more genuine and likeable.  Like the bull in China comment I thought was cute!

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This season has been odd.  Kelli has been saying "You're not getting noticed" instead of something constructive "You need to work on your style" or "You need to work on power".  So that is sort of hard to translate and improve upon.  I guess she is trying to avoid saying "You dance like crispy bacon"!

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I served squirrel to my family once a long time ago--like chicken fricassee.  It was okay but I couldn't get over what the meat was.  People hunt a lot in the south.  I hate deer meat and won't eat it unless it is sausage.  I won't eat eggs either unless they are from the grocery store. 

Quail--we used to get gifts of frozen quail from a supplier's farm.  I always fed it to the dogs.   It is considered really special down here.

Fried fish (like bream) are really good.  We went to a client's house one night for supper.  He had fried the fish with the head still on it with the eyes and everything.  That's just how he learned to do it from his culture.  I had to pretend it was wonderful but I didn't go near that part of it.

I'm wondering if the lunch had qual just to see what their reaction would be and see how they would handle it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

Not an overall fan, but you see moments where VK seems more genuine and likeable.  Like the bull in China comment I thought was cute!

 

Victoria isn't the only one who doesn't know it's a bull in a china shop...I was watching a past season and Kelli talked about someone being like a bull in a china cabinet LOL.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Victoria isn't the only one who doesn't know it's a bull in a china shop...I was watching a past season and Kelli talked about someone being like a bull in a china cabinet LOL.

Lol, i give people a break when it comes to misunderstanding or getting some common sayings and phrases wrong. It can be easy to get confused. I remember one time years ago, a friend and I were talking about a person we grew up with, and I mentioned that the person was all about keeping up with the joneses. And my friend was like “huh? who the hell is that. I don’t know them?!?” Lol, and then I had to explain. We still laugh about that to this day. 

Edited by Jess14 · Reason: Typo
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Did the previews give any hints?  I think my VCR cut off, but Lacey said they are 2 weeks away from first game so something has to happen soon with cuts, right?

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe someone talked about this, but there is a bonus clip of VK being critiqued about her dress on etiquette day.  I could not see if it was a luncheon attire knee length or longer, but I think pink is a nice color for her.  It did not have cut-outs.  Maybe it didn't come across the same on camera but it did not look terribly out of place to me. Then again, the etiquette person would typically know.  I am curious what others think http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/c09u4q/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-noticed-for-the-wrong-reason

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Maybe someone talked about this, but there is a bonus clip of VK being critiqued about her dress on etiquette day.  I could not see if it was a luncheon attire knee length or longer, but I think pink is a nice color for her.  It did not have cut-outs.  Maybe it didn't come across the same on camera but it did not look terribly out of place to me. Then again, the etiquette person would typically know.  I am curious what others think http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/c09u4q/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-noticed-for-the-wrong-reason

It's definitely been discussed in the social media thread. ;o)

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Thanks @go4luca!  I'll check there.  :)

darn spoilers in that social media one.  Need to get better at searches

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

darn spoilers in that social media one.  Need to get better at searches

Oh, sorry!  The topic title lists "spoilers" but I probably should have mentioned it.  :-/

Share this post


Link to post

In regards to Kashara's game bird comment, as someone who hunts game birds, I think I know what she meant.  Bird like quail, pheasant, partridge, etc. really take on the flavor of the foods they eat.  If they're eating things like corn or berries, they taste great.  If they're eating things like seeds, grasses, or insects, they taste very gamey.  I don't think Kashara meant that she was above eating a game bird; I think she was just commenting on the flavor.  Maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but her country girl comments leads me to believe she has likely eaten game birds before, so knew what she was talking about.  

16 hours ago, Opine said:

And last time a country friend gave me some, we had to eat around buckshot.  Yuck!!!  I'd turn my nose up too!

You're friend should be thoroughly cleaning and dressing any birds they shoot.  People use lead shells to hunt upland game birds.  Ingesting a bunch of lead pellets is not good for you.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Yes, I don't know what the issue was exactly but it struck me that way too.  Not to be mean but there are plenty of people where she comes from that eat squirrel and roadkill - at least quail is not that!

I would admit I  never heard of quail ( and any dishes with quail eggs)  until a cooking show - like Top Chef - a few years back. Squirrel, rabbit, deer, duck...I trying to remember if I saw one at the zoo..do Quails tend to be in greater supply in certain parts of the US?

Adding to the list of foodies where usage of knife and fork get in the way (from this weekend's events)- ribs.  re: fork- trying to pick up the strawberry sauce that was on crepes.

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

This season has been odd.  Kelli has been saying "You're not getting noticed" instead of something constructive "You need to work on your style" or "You need to work on power".  So that is sort of hard to translate and improve upon.  I guess she is trying to avoid saying "You dance like crispy bacon"!

 

And then apply the proper equiette by eating a few extra crispy slices. ???

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

And then apply the proper equiette by eating a few extra crispy slices. ???

Can you imagine the etiquette at IHOP or Whataburger or wherever they go after practicing for 6-8 hours?  Yes, I shoved a whole pancake in my mouth and I loved it!!!!  Was I supposed to take the wrapper off my burger first?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

In regards to Kashara's game bird comment, as someone who hunts game birds, I think I know what she meant.  Bird like quail, pheasant, partridge, etc. really take on the flavor of the foods they eat.  If they're eating things like corn or berries, they taste great.  If they're eating things like seeds, grasses, or insects, they taste very gamey.  I don't think Kashara meant that she was above eating a game bird; I think she was just commenting on the flavor.  Maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but her country girl comments leads me to believe she has likely eaten game birds before, so knew what she was talking about.  

I don’t doubt any of this is true. I also don’t think Kashara is stuck up or a bad person. I just don’t think the comments were appropriate at an etiquette class, and I think that would’ve been the case had anyone else said it. To blunt, I don’t like gamey meat, and It doesn’t bother me one bit even if Kashara does think she’s above eating quail. As I said, Im a seafood snob. If you bring me tilapia, I’m going to be annoyed bc I think it’s a cheap, crappy, bland fish. At an etiquette course or a dinner w clients, I’ll grin and bear it and keep my comments about tilapia to myself. So for me, it was just a comment on what she said. I’m certainly not judging Kashara’s character or anything. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/12/2018 at 12:49 PM, DCCme said:

Rewatching the episode and the guest choreography looks like it would really work better for a 1990’s boy band so he’s staying in his wheelhouse.

It was straight out of BSB's "I Want It That Way."

Which then makes me think of this:

 

So I haven't been spoiled but I am guessing VK will get cut but saved for last so as to garner as much drama as possible? I'm already over it and her. I will say the cameo makeup did her a world of favors. 

I was so happy to see Kashara telling it like it is and, on the flip side, all the gals rooting for Brennan. I've always had a soft spot for her.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vivianspoetry said:

In regards to Kashara's game bird comment, as someone who hunts game birds, I think I know what she meant.  Bird like quail, pheasant, partridge, etc. really take on the flavor of the foods they eat.  If they're eating things like corn or berries, they taste great.  If they're eating things like seeds, grasses, or insects, they taste very gamey.  I don't think Kashara meant that she was above eating a game bird; I think she was just commenting on the flavor.  Maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but her country girl comments leads me to believe she has likely eaten game birds before, so knew what she was talking about.  

You're friend should be thoroughly cleaning and dressing any birds they shoot.  People use lead shells to hunt upland game birds.  Ingesting a bunch of lead pellets is not good for you.  

I would imagine that the Cowboys Club would serve farm raised quail.

I thought it would be interesting to see more about the place they held the luncheon.  Since they don’t allow cell phones, I guess colleen’s whistle was out of the question.  

 

https://www.thestarinfrisco.com/cowboys-club/members

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

If you bring me tilapia, I’m going to be annoyed bc I think it’s a cheap, crappy, bland fish.

This comment makes me think of my nephew.  He is not remotely a food snob, he will try/eat anything, but if you ask him if there is a food he doesn't like he can only think of one...tilapia.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t doubt any of this is true. I also don’t think Kashara is stuck up or a bad person. I just don’t think the comments were appropriate at an etiquette class, and I think that would’ve been the case had anyone else said it. To blunt, I don’t like gamey meat, and It doesn’t bother me one bit even if Kashara does think she’s above eating quail. As I said, Im a seafood snob. If you bring me tilapia, I’m going to be annoyed bc I think it’s a cheap, crappy, bland fish. At an etiquette course or a dinner w clients, I’ll grin and bear it and keep my comments about tilapia to myself. So for me, it was just a comment on what she said. I’m certainly not judging Kashara’s character or anything. 

Yea, that was my take, too. I don't care if she likes it or not (not my cup of tea, either). It was saying it in the etiquette class with that expression on her face that made me question it. Maybe something was said to her off camera, maybe not. She definitely needs to develop a poker face, though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t doubt any of this is true. I also don’t think Kashara is stuck up or a bad person. I just don’t think the comments were appropriate at an etiquette class, and I think that would’ve been the case had anyone else said it. To blunt, I don’t like gamey meat, and It doesn’t bother me one bit even if Kashara does think she’s above eating quail. As I said, Im a seafood snob. If you bring me tilapia, I’m going to be annoyed bc I think it’s a cheap, crappy, bland fish. At an etiquette course or a dinner w clients, I’ll grin and bear it and keep my comments about tilapia to myself. So for me, it was just a comment on what she said. I’m certainly not judging Kashara’s character or anything. 

I guess I thought her answer was diplomatic.  She was asked a direct question about the taste, and she responded "It tastes like a game bird.", essentially a non answer.  I feel that is good etiquette.  Lying and claiming you like it is a dangerous way to handle that question because it's a very easy lie to detect.  That little fib could paint one's character in a negative light to a client or donor or whoever one may be trying to please at a dinner event.  Lying is never good etiquette.  At a formal dinner, there is also etiquette the question asker needs to be aware of.  Asking if someone likes the meal isn't an inappropriate question, but anytime you ask an honest question, you had better be prepared for an honest answer, even one you may not want to hear.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

Maybe someone talked about this, but there is a bonus clip of VK being critiqued about her dress on etiquette day.  I could not see if it was a luncheon attire knee length or longer, but I think pink is a nice color for her.  It did not have cut-outs.  Maybe it didn't come across the same on camera but it did not look terribly out of place to me. Then again, the etiquette person would typically know.  I am curious what others think http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/c09u4q/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-noticed-for-the-wrong-reason

I thought the dress was appropriate. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, vivianspoetry said:

I guess I thought her answer was diplomatic.  She was asked a direct question about the taste, and she responded "It tastes like a game bird.", essentially a non answer.  I feel that is good etiquette.  Lying and claiming you like it is a dangerous way to handle that question because it's a very easy lie to detect.  That little fib could paint one's character in a negative light to a client or donor or whoever one may be trying to please at a dinner event.  Lying is never good etiquette.  At a formal dinner, there is also etiquette the question asker needs to be aware of.  Asking if someone likes the meal isn't an inappropriate question, but anytime you ask an honest question, you had better be prepared for an honest answer, even one you may not want to hear.  

Agree to disagree, which is fine. It’s certainly not a big deal, and I think Kashara is smart enough to read a room to know whether her comment would be well taken. IMO, If you don’t like a meal to the point where you can’t eat it, you can politely send it back. Even at places with pre-picked meals, they typically have a vegetarian option that you can opt for if you don’t like the meat. I had a picky co-worked once who often did that, and no one was bothered. If you can eat it, but just don’t care for it, you eat a few bites and keep it moving. Food at conferences and conventions often sucks. I don’t know how many times I’ve had rubbery chicken in bland cream sauce, but thats just how it is. I also don’t think being polite and not complaining or making a snarky comment is equal to lying. I can’t imagine a client being upset that someone simply ate a meal  that they didn’t like without making that known to the table that they didn’t like it. That’s normal in professional settings. But again, each to his own.

Edited by Jess14 · Reason: Changed tone
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

The bonus scene from this episode about Daphne was great.  http://www.cmt.com/video-clips/m5vn5e/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-making-the-team-what-a-dcc-should-look-like

Jinelle is the perfect person to give her tips because they both are thin with angular faces.  Jinelle is the vet with all the camera tricks to optimize that look. 

Sort of a spoiler, not to be bitchy...just trying desperately to stay Unspoiled. ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry, Not intended that way, it's a scene from this episode...cameo day...that was similar to another one so the didn't use it.  I'm trying to stay unspoiled too! I'll just remove it though.

Edited by Mardo2044
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t doubt any of this is true. I also don’t think Kashara is stuck up or a bad person. I just don’t think the comments were appropriate at an etiquette class, and I think that would’ve been the case had anyone else said it. To blunt, I don’t like gamey meat, and It doesn’t bother me one bit even if Kashara does think she’s above eating quail. As I said, Im a seafood snob. If you bring me tilapia, I’m going to be annoyed bc I think it’s a cheap, crappy, bland fish. At an etiquette course or a dinner w clients, I’ll grin and bear it and keep my comments about tilapia to myself. So for me, it was just a comment on what she said. I’m certainly not judging Kashara’s character or anything. 

I actually thought Kashara’s answer was going to be that longstanding joke: “Tastes like chicken!” 

To me her actual response of “tastes like game bird” is on the same level which is not offensive to me. It would be similar to someone serving you tilapia, asking you what it tastes like, and getting a reply of “Tastes like fish!” which, like @vivianspoetry (I laugh every time I see your username!) said, is a neutral response that generally doesn’t invite more questions and moves the conversation to someone or something else. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

In regards to Kashara's game bird comment, as someone who hunts game birds, I think I know what she meant.  Bird like quail, pheasant, partridge, etc. really take on the flavor of the foods they eat.  If they're eating things like corn or berries, they taste great.  If they're eating things like seeds, grasses, or insects, they taste very gamey.  I don't think Kashara meant that she was above eating a game bird; I think she was just commenting on the flavor.  Maybe I'm giving her too much credit, but her country girl comments leads me to believe she has likely eaten game birds before, so knew what she was talking about.   

 

9 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I actually thought Kashara’s answer was going to be that longstanding joke: “Tastes like chicken!” 

To me her actual response of “tastes like game bird” is on the same level which is not offensive to me. It would be similar to someone serving you tilapia, asking you what it tastes like, and getting a reply of “Tastes like fish!” which, like @vivianspoetry (I laugh every time I see your username!) said, is a neutral response that generally doesn’t invite more questions and moves the conversation to someone or something else. 

I think my problem was not what was said, but the body language/facial expression while saying it & maybe the tone a little. You could tell she didn't like it (which is fine) & her response came back as a little snarky to me. As I said above, she needs to develop a poker face.

There are many responses you can give without answering. Tastes like a gamebird is one (but, as I said, the delivery was wrong for me). Others could be something like, "it's a popular dish where I come from," & the other one that was given, "it tastes like turkey" (instead of the ubiquitous "chicken"). . .Or, just completely blow everyone away with, "it's seafood."?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I live in an area where there are quail everywhere. They are the stupidest birds and terrible parents. Every year each pair lays like 20 eggs and when they hatch (the ones not eaten by the dogs, that is) they walk around in a straight line right in front of your damn car and every day the line gets shorter and shorter.  They know how to fly sort of but don't bother. In the mornings they glide up to the rooftops and talk to each other. They are second only to pigeons in terms of peskiness. I can't imagine eating one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I actually thought Kashara’s answer was going to be that longstanding joke: “Tastes like chicken!” 

To me her actual response of “tastes like game bird” is on the same level which is not offensive to me. It would be similar to someone serving you tilapia, asking you what it tastes like, and getting a reply of “Tastes like fish!” which, like @vivianspoetry (I laugh every time I see your username!) said, is a neutral response that generally doesn’t invite more questions and moves the conversation to someone or something else. 

You know, the more think about it, I think my perception is clouded by the "I hope they cleaned it out" comment, which was not made at the table but to the camera. It may be unfair for me to consider that, but it clearly made me view the earlier comments as snarky and not, IMO, at all diplomatic. Unfortunately, I can't un-hear or unsee what was aired, but I may well have a different opinion if I never saw that comment about cleaning it out and it was just the..."it's a game bird....tastes like a game bird," even though I still think thats closer to snarky than not (and again, I don't mind snark, I just don't think its appropriate at etiquette class).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/14/2018 at 7:37 PM, Jess14 said:

Yep...if VK had made that comment, I think she would (rightfully) be getting slammed on here. With that said, I enjoyed Kashara in this episode, and I don't mind the snark, but I was surprised by the comment, specifically the, "i hope they cleaned it out" comment. 

I don't care for gamey meat either though. It's one reason why I'm not a big fan of duck. I'm curious about the luncheons and dinners that they go too. It seems unlikely to me that something like quail would be served. At most business luncheons that I've ever been to (where you can't choose your own food), chicken and/or beef are almost always the meat choices, but I'm assuming that they're purposely giving them food options that they may not be used to.

I love Bridget. She's definitely one of my favorite TCCs. 

It makes me think of an episode of Mad About You where they were tasting food for their wedding and the meat was squab. The parents were questioning it and saying it looked like a pigeon and then one of the fathers asked "What's the difference?" and someone else said, "Pigeon is on a ledge; this is on a plate." Great line. I know I ate pheasant when I was a little girl and that someone had shot it (not in my family) but they told us it was chicken. I was too little to remember much more about it. I prefer to stick to chicken and turkey myself. But this was a good opportunity for the girls to learn to pretend they liked it even if they didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, SSAHotchner said:

It makes me think of an episode of Mad About You where they were tasting food for their wedding and the meat was squab. The parents were questioning it and saying it looked like a pigeon and then one of the fathers asked "What's the difference?" and someone else said, "Pigeon is on a ledge; this is on a plate." Great line. I know I ate pheasant when I was a little girl and that someone had shot it (not in my family) but they told us it was chicken. I was too little to remember much more about it. I prefer to stick to chicken and turkey myself. But this was a good opportunity for the girls to learn to pretend they liked it even if they didn't. 

And frankly, from my experience, that will help them down the road. Its usually all fabulous, but sometimes I don't always care for my husband's grandmother's or aunt's cooking (he has a million aunts, they already don't think eat enough, and they're the type who want you to get a little bit of everything lol), but you better believe that when I'm over at their houses, I get my little portion of everything and eat most of it, whether I really like it or not lol. I'm not about to be the "wife/niece" who thinks she too good to eat their food. And I'm sure in 10 years, I'll be doing the same because everyone else in the family does. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Laura NJ no accent said:

Sort of a spoiler, not to be bitchy...just trying desperately to stay Unspoiled. ?

How is it a spoiler? It’s a deleted scene from the episode. 

4 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I'm sorry, Not intended that way, it's a scene from this episode...cameo day...that was similar to another one so the didn't use it.  I'm trying to stay unspoiled too! I'll just remove it though.

Please don’t remove! It’s from the episode. Not a spoiler!!! Thanks for posting!!!

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

As do I.  There are some great user names here but @vivianspoetry seriously slays me. 

 

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

 @vivianspoetry (I laugh every time I see your username!) 

Thanks.  I’ll just leave this little piece of Thomas Hardy poetry here in honor of Viv. 

 

“Though a good deal is too strange to be believed, nothing is too strange to have happened.”

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

For the past 2 years it's been on my mind to invent a drinking game based on DCC. Like, take a drink when you hear  words such as: iconic, power, world-class, and phrases like: tonight will be your last night, a beautiful bouquet of cheerleaders (on group pic day), I could put her in a uniform today....   It would be fun if you had a watch night with a bunch of people and did it. Or you could set it up like bingo. Seems like all the words and phrases are being consistently said this season too.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

YES!!!! I got raked over the coals for calling her accent contrived on this board. Contrived or not, I find nothing cute or endearing about her accent. TBH, I’d rather listen to Victoria whine about being called into the office FIIIIVE TIMES than listen to KaShara say anything. I won’t miss her when she retires.

I wouldn't say raked over the coals.  But several of the KY girls (I live in the county next to KaShara's) have repeatedly told the board that the accent is real, it's not contrived or emphasized.  That's just the way we talk.   And yes, if you don't clean out the quail, you get a mouth full of buck shot or worse, waste products from the bird.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure they want her to make down home type comments and maybe even ask for them to add some personality to the show. How many times can you hear that someone is pursuing their dream, or "I've worked so hard" or "I've put my life on hold for this" etc., etc.? I find Kashara refreshing and not phony at all. Phony to me is the way Vivian behaved her second time in training camp with that babyish voice and that ridiculous poem. And once she got cut the true personality came through with her mad face and snarky comments. I really liked her and was pulling for her the first time around. Maybe she fooled me but her behavior the second time around was off putting. She seemed to think she had it in the bag. I think Kashara is very down to earth and a great performer.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

ou know, the more think about it, I think my perception is clouded by the "I hope they cleaned it out" comment, which was not made at the table but to the camera. It may be unfair for me to consider that, but it clearly made me view the earlier comments as snarky and not, IMO, at all diplomatic. Unfortunately, I can't un-hear or unsee what was aired, but I may well have a different opinion if I never saw that comment about cleaning it out and it was just the..."it's a game bird....tastes like a game bird," even though I still think thats closer to snarky than not (and again, I don't mind snark, I just don't think its appropriate at etiquette class).

It’s a delicacy. I don’t know what that restaurant’s specialty is but expensive restaurants offer it. I’ve always found quail to have very little flavor so I don’t order it.

@vivianspoetry, @parrotfeathers, @woodscommaelle gives me a giggle every time I see they have posted.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

I thought the dress was appropriate. 

I didn't get what the issue was with her dress either - the ruffle? The colour? It seemed an appropriate length and fit to me.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mdcx said:

I didn't get what the issue was with her dress either - the ruffle? The colour? It seemed an appropriate length and fit to me.

The article I read said that dress style/color was dependent on what type of luncheon the woman was attending.  If they were attending a social or charity luncheon, a dress in a feminine color was appropriate, and it could be in a style suitable to the woman's personality.  A business luncheon called for professional attire.  So I would think that what she wore was okay cause I don't see the DCC attending a business luncheon, except maybe with a sponsor.  I didn't think the earrings were suitable for a luncheon, but that's just me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mdcx said:

I didn't get what the issue was with her dress either - the ruffle? The colour? It seemed an appropriate length and fit to me.

It looked like a party dress not a lunch dress. It was too bright and unprofessional with the ruffle. It would have been a “don’t” at the Belk shows. 

Also, I think it made her look young compared to the other candidates. She needs to look more mature and less like a high schooler.

But just like the media simulation, I doubt they were briefed on what was appropriate ahead of time. It was just another test.  I’m sure if she knew what to wear, she could easily pull it off.

Edited by rose711
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...